PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Georgia needs to tell em to GTH. Period

HonestChieffan
06-16-2011, 08:42 AM
This is madness. Pure. Madness.

(AJC) — The Anti-Defamation League, Mexico and the governments of several Central and South American countries filed court papers Wednesday in support of efforts to halt Georgia’s tough new immigration enforcement law.

The other countries joining on the side of those seeking a preliminary injunction in the case include Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Peru.

The American Civil Liberties Union, the Southern Poverty Law Center and several other civil and immigrant rights groups filed a federal class-action lawsuit against Georgia’s law this month and are now asking a judge to halt the measure pending the outcome of their case. They argue the measure — also known as House Bill 87 — is preempted by federal law and is unconstitutional.

“HB 87 substantially and inappropriately burdens the consistent country to country relations between Mexico and the United States of America,” Mexico says in its brief in support of halting the law, “interfering with the strategic diplomatic interests of the two countries and encouraging an imminent threat of state-sanctioned bias or discrimination.”

State officials filed court papers this week seeking to dismiss the lawsuit. They say the law is constitutional and predict it will survive the court challenge. Proponents say the state needed to act to curb illegal immigration because the federal government has failed to secure the nation’s borders. Illegal immigrants, say supporters of Georgia’s new law, are burdening the state’s taxpayer-funded resources, including public schools, jails and hospitals.

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/mexico-several-other-countries-978195.html?cxtype=rss_news

ROYC75
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Wonder if the Liberal left had anything to do with this ? :shrug:

Otter
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Start packing you leeches, the chickens are coming home to roost.

California's gonna be a third world country by the time this legislation goes through if they don't go home.

petegz28
06-16-2011, 10:31 AM
So other countries want to sue us because we don't want their people here illegally?

Jaric
06-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Can a foreign country actually sue a state and if so who would have jurisdiction?

jiveturkey
06-16-2011, 10:40 AM
I'd counter sue on the grounds that their countries are apparently shitty places to live.

Dicky McElephant
06-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Start packing you leeches, the chickens are coming home to roost.

California's gonna be a third world country by the time this legislation goes through if they don't go home.

Going to? Have you been here lately?

Amnorix
06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Seems odd that a foreign government would have standing...

Dayze
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
State officials filed court papers this week seeking to dismiss the lawsuit. They say the law is constitutional and predict it will survive the court challenge. Proponents say the state needed to act to curb illegal immigration because the federal government has failed to secure the nation’s borders. Illegal immigrants, say supporters of Georgia’s new law, are burdening the state’s taxpayer-funded resources, including public schools, jails and hospitals.
http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/mexico-several-other-countries-978195.html?cxtype=rss_news

glad they're looking out for us.
LMAO

you can't make this stuff up.

Der Flöprer
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I hope they keep passing these laws in other states. Fuck Mexico. Hurt relations? You mean like dropping pamphlets out of the sky detailing how to cross the border illegally, successfully? Fuck you, Mexico.

Donger
06-16-2011, 12:56 PM
I hope they keep passing these laws in other states. **** Mexico. Hurt relations? You mean like dropping pamphlets out of the sky detailing how to cross the border illegally, successfully? **** you, Mexico.

Did that really happen?

Der Flöprer
06-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Did that really happen?

I'm on my phone so I can't provide a link, but Google Mexico's illegal immigration pamphlet. It happened 5-6 years ago.

Der Flöprer
06-16-2011, 01:01 PM
They dropped them from airplanes all over the country.

Donger
06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm on my phone so I can't provide a link, but Google Mexico's illegal immigration pamphlet. It happened 5-6 years ago.

Unfuckingbelievable...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/page1/2978207.html

Saul Good
06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
glad they're looking out for us.
LMAO

you can't make this stuff up.

I think you mis-read the part you bolded.

Dayze
06-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I think you mis-read the part you bolded.

:hmmm:

ahh. as I re-read it a few times. I think you're right.

:banghead:

BucEyedPea
06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey, this is all part of GLOBALISM when other countries can sue as if we live under one world govt. This is where internationism is heading—toward less sovereignty and rights for all humanity irregardless of borders.

I thought GLOBALISM was supported by Republicans.

Der Flöprer
06-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Unfuckingbelievable...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/page1/2978207.html

As someone who came to this country the right way, you should be outraged more than anyone. As should anyone else who followed the proper channels and protocols that the U.S has established. They are MORE than fair. More so than any other Nation in the World.

Oh, and again just for good measure, fuck you, Mexico!

vailpass
06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
As someone who came to this country the right way, you should be outraged more than anyone. As should anyone else who followed the proper channels and protocols that the U.S has established. They are MORE than fair. More so than any other Nation in the World.

Oh, and again just for good measure, fuck you, Mexico!

100/50X1
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies
06-16-2011, 03:21 PM
This reminds me a couple weeks ago Carlos Santana attended a Braves game to accept an award and when given the mic he, while representing the "human race" called Atlanta racist. Classy. LMAO

Bewbies
06-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Legal immigration is awesome, it's a huge reason behind our success as a nation. Illegal immigration is destroying us.

The level of intellectual dishonesty one displays in trying to confuse the two, or claim people against following the law are against immigrants or racist, is staggering.

HonestChieffan
06-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Legal immigration is awesome, it's a huge reason behind our success as a nation. Illegal immigration is destroying us.

The level of intellectual dishonesty one displays in trying to confuse the two, or claim people against following the law are against immigrants or racist, is staggering.

Put this in stone. Lock it up.