PDA

View Full Version : Life Why is it so hard to get a burger made the way I want it?

Pages : [1] 2

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:01 PM
The last 4 times I have eaten at a burger joint, 1 actual restaurant and 3 fast food places, they have screwed up my order. Now, had my order been some convoluted mess I might understand but my order is ketchup only.

HOW THE FUCK CAN IT BE SO DIFFICULT TO LEAVE EVERYTHING OFF THE FUCKING BURGER AND THEN SQUIRT SOME GOD DAMNED KETCHUP ON IT?

If burgers came preloaded with lettuce, pickles, onions, mayo, mustard, ketchup I could understand how my order might be difficult. Fucking shit people... I want my fucking burger the simplest way possible yet no one can seem to get it right.

KETCHUP ONLY YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

/rant

cabletech94
06-21-2011, 12:02 PM
burger king? your way?

oh wait, i'm and idiot!!!!!

SuperChief
06-21-2011, 12:05 PM
That's because ketchup doesn't go on a burger. They're teaching you a lesson.

mlyonsd
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
My wife orders burgers ketchup only. Sometimes they put so much on it looks like a bloody mess when she unwraps it at home. I always thought it was some kid ticked off he had to do something out of the ordinary.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2011, 12:08 PM
because you are a whiny pussy. Quit eating like a 5 year old.

Rudy lost the toss
06-21-2011, 12:11 PM

pretty much

LMAO

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:11 PM

What would you suggest I eat?

Sofa King
06-21-2011, 12:12 PM

nails and glass.

EDIT: oh, and a bag of dicks and antifreeze.

durtyrute
06-21-2011, 12:12 PM
make your own

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
nails and glass.

LMAO

Phobia
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - ketchup only? Seriously? Wow. Cool story.

4th and Long
THEY **** YOU AT THE DRIVE THROUGH! [/Leo Getz]

luv
06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Next time, maybe try saying you want it plain with ketchup. Not sure why, but that usually works for a friend of mine.

Bump
fast food people don't care because their jobs suck ass. A restaurant should be able to get it right though, I would think. I like my burger cooked a perfect medium, but I don't eat fast food and I'm not picky so I never seem to have any problems.

Dayze
nails and glass.

LMAO

Just Passin' By
06-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Order the burger plain and ask for a ketchup packet.

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM

You know... this may be the way to go.

Plain, ketchup only is proving too difficult for these people to handle.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM

Eat what they fucking give you. Do you think they fucking care what you want? No. If I worked at a restaurant and some pissant wanted his burger done up a special way i'd rub my taint on the meat before and after cooking to ensure proper coverage. Then I would ignore whatever request they had, especially if it was "ketchup only."

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Eat what they ****ing give you. Do you think they ****ing care what you want? No. If I worked at a restaurant and some pissant wanted his burger done up a special way i'd rub my taint on the meat before and after cooking to ensure proper coverage. Then I would ignore whatever request they had, especially if it was "ketchup only."

But I don't like pickles. :huh:

Even then, I'm making less work for them by asking them to leave the extra shit off. If anything, my meal should be cheaper. :p

Pants
06-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Next time, maybe try saying you want it plain with ketchup. Not sure why, but that usually works for a friend of mine.

Because when someone says "Ketchup only" to those people, they're thinking the customer is talking about condiments, so they put everything on the burger with only ketchup (no mustard, no mayo).

Phobia
06-21-2011, 12:20 PM
I find that really hard to believe Mr. Overcompensation.

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
I find that really hard to believe Mr. Overcompensation.

I thought you had me on ignore until I told you I was ready to play nice with you fuckwit.

Oh well, it was enjoyable while it lasted.

ReynardMuldrake
Why is it so hard to get a pizza the way I like it? If pizzas came preloaded with cheese, sauce, or pepperoni I could understand how my order might be difficult. Fucking shit people... I want my fucking pizza the simplest way possible yet no one can seem to get it right.

HOW THE FUCK CAN IT BE SO DIFFICULT TO LEAVE EVERYTHING OFF THE FUCKING PIZZA AND THEN GENTLY SPRINKLE SOME GOD DAMNED BEEF ON HALF OF IT?

BEEF ONLY YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

http://i.imgur.com/53tSN.jpg

luv
I worked at Wendy's back in high school. One time, we had a lady come in from the drive thru because we put lettuce on her burger whenever she requested it without. Lettuce. We took the sandwich from her, took the piece of lettuce off, rewrapped it, and gave it back to her.

Chocolate Hog
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Try the new shit burger.

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I worked at Wendy's back in high school. One time, we had a lady come in from the drive thru because we put lettuce on her buger whenever she requested it without. Lettuce. We took the sandwich from her, took the piece of lettuce off, rewrapped it, and gave it back to her.

LMAO

I won't gripe about some lettuce... its the pickles really. They leave that slimy juice all over the patty that wrecks the flavor of the food. Even when I pick it all off, scrape it, then re-ketchup it... all I taste is pickle juice.

prhom
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I'd guess it's hard to get it that way because they've already got 10 of 'em made up the normal way sitting there under the lights. It's just easier to chuck it in the bag and go. I'll bet less than 10% of people ever go back into a restaurant and make them fix the order (I assumed fast food meant drive thru) when it's wrong. Then you run the risk of getting a burger with ketchup and spit too.

ClevelandBronco
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Uh. I don't think we're allowed to serve a burger without smegma at SuperSmegma.

Hays
06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
pr_capone is right, don't ruin the burger with that crap

Get it plain and then get a packet as a poster suggested.
That is the best method

Pants
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
pr_capone is right, don't ruin the burger with that crap

Get it plain and then get a packet as a poster suggested.
That is the best method

Ruin the burger? LOL

bowener
06-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Order a fucking plain cheeseburger or whatever, and then put your own god damn ketchup on if it is this big of a deal.

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Order a ****ing plain cheeseburger or whatever, and then put your own god damn ketchup on if it is this big of a deal.

Already suggested and has been accepted as my future course of actions. :thumb:

Phobia
06-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I thought you had me on ignore until I told you I was ready to play nice with you ****wit.

Oh well, it was enjoyable while it lasted.

Why would I put you on ignore? You're pure entertainment. You're like a version of KCNut who is accomplished at using posessives and plural's correctly. (sic)

threebag02
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
fuck ketchup

Brock
06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
The big problem is probably that you're not making it yourself at home. Restaurants are disgusting places.

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Why would I put you on ignore? You're pure entertainment. You're like a version of KCNut who is accomplished at using posessives and plural's correctly. (sic)

LMAO.

Like I said... nice while it lasted.

Predarat
06-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Go to HyVee and get the below:

http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/images/How_To_Clean_A_George_Foreman_Grill_-_close_the_lid_when_grill_is_dry.jpg

http://www.blueplanetgreenliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/raw-hamburger-300x203.jpg

http://www.grocerycouponnetwork.com/images/food-products/Colonial_Sliced_Party_Pack_Hamburger_Buns.jpg

http://davisw.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ketchup.jpg

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Go to HyVee and get the below:

http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/images/How_To_Clean_A_George_Foreman_Grill_-_close_the_lid_when_grill_is_dry.jpg

http://www.blueplanetgreenliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/raw-hamburger-300x203.jpg

http://d3hqdt8j93rgvn.cloudfront.net/Image/MEDIUM_8a78c6e02140d93101214389717f7f99.jpg

http://davisw.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ketchup.jpg

Keep in mind... I'm not eating drive thru on a daily basis. These 4 burgers were spread out over a month span or so.

I can make a damn fine burger at home. My secret? No fucking pickles. :)

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Works just fine when I'm ordering the kids meal for my 4 year old. :D

Do you know how hard it is to ask for a burger with no lettuce and onions? They always leave one of them on the fucking thing.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I worked at Wendy's back in high school. One time, we had a lady come in from the drive thru because we put lettuce on her burger whenever she requested it without. Lettuce. We took the sandwich from her, took the piece of lettuce off, rewrapped it, and gave it back to her.

I know places do that, but it's actually against the law and could be a health hazard depending on allergies and severity of said allergies.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Order a ****ing plain cheeseburger or whatever, and then put your own god damn ketchup on if it is this big of a deal.

Eh, I actually agree with him. You're paying for food to be prepared, and you shouldn't have to get it done twice to get it right. You ask how hard it is to put ketchup on it yourself, I ask how hard is it for the 16-year-old burger flipper to do it correctly when it's spelled out in plain english?

Calcountry
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
because you are a whiny pussy. Quit eating like a 5 year old.No shit, cook your own burger then bitch.

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Eh, I actually agree with him. You're paying for food to be prepared, and you shouldn't have to get it done twice to get it right. You ask how hard it is to put ketchup on it yourself, I ask how hard is it for the 16-year-old burger flipper to do it correctly when it's spelled out in plain english?

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/0/1/4/8/clap.gif

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
No shit, cook your own burger then bitch.

So if you go to a restaurant and something isn't prepared to your liking, you just eat it? That's seriously stupid.

Chief Faithful
06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Learn the following phrase: salsa de tomate solamente, por favor :thumb:

keg in kc
06-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Do you know how hard it is to ask for a burger with no lettuce and onions? They always leave one of them on the ****ing thing.I always say 'no onions' or 'everything but onions', and maybe 7 times out of 10 it's right, even if it shows up on the drive thru screen the way I ordered.

Thankfully onions are easy to remove.

Fish
06-21-2011, 01:00 PM

Even then, I'm making less work for them by asking them to leave the extra shit off. If anything, my meal should be cheaper. :p

Not in the slightest. You're actually fucking up their normal routine and requiring extra work from them. When you custom order something like that, they can't just grab one off the warmer and quickly throw it in the bag. They have to go back to the cooks and ask for it to be specifically made that way. At that point, your order has been passed through several people. Each of which hate life and couldn't give 2 shits about you or your burger.

If anything, your burger should cost extra, and you should expect it to take longer than normal.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Do you know how hard it is to ask for a burger with no lettuce and onions? They always leave one of them on the ****ing thing.

Seriously, if you're asking for a burger "with no lettuce and onions," your verbiage may be to blame. That line could be interpreted that you want no lettuce, but you do want onions. Perhaps try "no lettuce OR onions" or "no lettuce and no onions."

Chief Faithful
06-21-2011, 01:01 PM
"Im gonna keep the coke and the fries but Im gonna send this burger back. And if you put any mayonnaise on it, Im gonna come over to your house, Ill chop your legs off, set fire to your house, and watch as you drag your bloody stumps out the door."

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Seriously, if you're asking for a burger "with no lettuce and onions," your verbiage may be to blame. That line could be interpreted that you want no lettuce, but you do want onions. Perhaps try "no lettuce OR onions" or "no lettuce and no onions."

I say no lettuce and no onions. I didn't type it out exactly how I say it.

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Not in the slightest. You're actually fucking up their normal routine and requiring extra work from them. When you custom order something like that, they can't just grab one off the warmer and quickly throw it in the bag. They have to go back to the cooks and ask for it to be specifically made that way. At that point, your order has been passed through several people. Each of which hate life and couldn't give 2 shits about you or your burger.

If anything, your burger should cost extra, and you should expect it to take longer than normal.

:spock:

vailpass
06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Not in the slightest. You're actually ****ing up their normal routine and requiring extra work from them. When you custom order something like that, they can't just grab one off the warmer and quickly throw it in the bag. They have to go back to the cooks and ask for it to be specifically made that way. At that point, your order has been passed through several people. Each of which hate life and couldn't give 2 shits about you or your burger.

I got two words for those shitbird restaurant workers: learn to fucking type.

Fish
06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
:spock:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5552/soupnazi3253383.jpg

Iowanian
06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I think you should watch Waiting before complaining about your burger.

eazyb81
06-21-2011, 01:10 PM
I got two words for those shitbird restaurant workers: learn to ****ing type.

Why should they? They're not getting fired for screwing up an order and they get paid sh#t. The OP is lucky they didn't just spit on his burger and give it to him for ordering like a 5 year old child.

I always think its funny when anyone complains about the quality or service at a fast food restaurant. It's the classic example of you get what you pay for.

Red Beans
06-21-2011, 01:11 PM
You're confusing the help with your diction. Don't say, "Plain with ketchup." That statement isn't clear enough. Is it plain, or is it with ketchup? See... Say, "Ketchup only." That solves all your problems.

Iowanian
06-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Order it plain, and ask for Ketchup packets so you could put on exactly the appropriate number of pieces of flair on your burger.

Fish
06-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I got two words for those shitbird restaurant workers: learn to fucking type.

What's in it for them to do so? They're working a min wage job, and most likely they'll get paid the same whether they screw up 0 orders or 10 in a day. It's a product of the system. Fast food places will never pay a decent wage, and don't care about their disposable workers because there's an infinite supply of them. The company cares much more about their bottom line than they do about your customer satisfaction.

Okie_Apparition
06-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Thats because, then, you would actually taste the meat. Liver is what it tastes like & then you would cirlce the parking lot & frisbee it right back into the drive-through window

Otter
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
As a former waiter/bartender and witness to kitchen shenanigans; if you're complaining about your food to a guy making $8 an hour in a shitty job AND a regular at these same places. Well, then taking off a slice of tomato and lettuce is the least of your worries about what your ingesting. You're probably more intimate with burger prep staff than their boyfriend/girlfriend after a 2 hour drunk oral sex session on ecstasy.

vailpass
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Not everyone is a Resevoir Dogs fan? I thought everyone liked that movie.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm glad I'm not a picky eater.

My former BIL was at a nice restaurant for breakfast with the family. He ordered two eggs over-easy among other things. When they brought him his food he sent it back saying the eggs were over-cooked. They sent out the next batch of eggs and again he sent them back saying they were over-cooked. The third batch came out and the eggs were uncooked. When my sister told me that story I laughed like hell. (My former BIL was a total dick.)

vailpass
06-21-2011, 01:23 PM

My former BIL was at a nice restaurant for breakfast with the family. He ordered two eggs over-easy among other things. When they brought him his food he sent it back saying the eggs were over-cooked. They sent out the next batch of eggs and again he sent them back saying they were over-cooked. The third batch came out and the eggs were uncooked. When my sister told me that story I laughed like hell. (My former BIL was a total dick.)

Your BIL has unknowingly consumed a lot of spit, snot and other substances in his lifetime.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2011, 01:25 PM

Yep.

I know going in that it's going to be a gamble. If a dish is not even in the same ballpark of what I ordered, I assume that some poor soul is getting what I ordered, so I let them know about the mix up.

Other than that, I don't bitch.

Otter
06-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Your BIL has unknowingly consumed a lot of spit, snot and other substances in his lifetime.

Worked at popular restaurant chain for 2 years in college and the worst people to piss off are the chefs by making them do 2x the work for something trivial and petty. If something was legitimately burnt or a wrong order there was never a problem but for people just looking to be a dick...

They've had forks in their mouth that just came out of a rectum, toilet water in their pitcher, semen in the mash potatoes and they've grown very good at hiding it.

"Don't piss off the people that handle your food" is a very true statement. If you're really pissed grab the manager and tell him you're not paying and leave because once it's in the hands of the monkeys to decide justice gentleman's combat rules go out the window.

Baby Lee
06-21-2011, 01:36 PM
In an instance that stands out to me, I didn't get the burger how I wanted so I didn't get one at all.

Burger King had some promotional burger, and one of it's condiments was chipotle mayo. But it was some double patty and bacon monstrosity, and a whopper was more my speed. I like all things spicy [Oh, and it was a lull period with nothing in the bins, so whatever burger I ordered would be made then and there], so I asked for a whopper with the chipotle mayo instead of regular.

No.

Not even a "that'll be a quarter extra."

No.

WTF? Walked out.

OTOH, the same place [different manager on duty] last week had no problem with putting jalapenos and fire sauce from their NEW monstrosity burger on my whopper. Didn't even charge extra.

Just Passin' By
06-21-2011, 01:40 PM

I agree, too. However, if it's a consistent problem with the drive thru, and it's just about ketchup (or mustard) on an otherwise plain burger, I'd find it worth the effort to use a packet rather than having to go back to the restaurant.

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Who the fuck sticks a fork in their rectum?

Sofa King
06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Who the **** sticks a fork in their rectum?

uhhhh...

i was just skimming through the responses, not really reading much if anything from most of them...

but this one has me thinking wtf did i just miss?????

vailpass
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Worked at popular restaurant chain for 2 years in college and the worst people to piss off are the chefs by making them do 2x the work for something trivial and petty. If something was legitimately burnt or a wrong order there was never a problem but for people just looking to be a dick...

They've had forks in their mouth that just came out of a rectum, toilet water in their pitcher, semen in the mash potatoes and they've grown very good at hiding it.

"Don't piss off the people that handle your food" is a very true statement. If you're really pissed grab the manager and tell him you're not paying and leave because once it's in the hands of the monkeys to decide justice gentleman's combat rules go out the window.

Yep, my dad taught me as a little boy to never be rude to those who handle your food.
But GotDamn! I've never heard of the two revenges you mention here.

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
uhhhh...

i was just skimming through the responses, not really reading much if anything from most of them...

but this one has me thinking wtf did i just miss?????

Post #65

Otter
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM

I've never laid on the floor when it was happening and got a good enough look to estimate penetration or technique but I assure you the part that goes in the mouth was thoroughly assed when they finished.

sedated
06-21-2011, 01:54 PM
The only thing I want omitted from a burger is cheese, and that seems to be quite a chore for those in the kitchen. Even at sub shops, when I say "no cheese", they either stare at me for a minute trying to compute that someone actually doesn't want cheese, or they say "what kind?" as if "no" is some new type of cheese but they aren't sure they heard me correctly.

“Who told you to put the cheese on? Did I tell you to put the cheese on? I didn't tell you to put the cheese on. You people with the cheese. It never ends.” –Jackie Chiles

Baby Lee
06-21-2011, 01:58 PM

These discussions piss me off because I am picky about how things are served to me, but very polite, clear and concise in my orders.

And I'm not talking about sending things back, can't imagine I've done that more than 2-3 times in my entire life, actually can't recall a specific instance of EVER doing so. MoF I DO recall in college eating the less burnt half of a burnt helping of lasagna at the Olive Garden, and only complained a the end when the manager asked if everything was delicious. More meekly pointing to the burnt half on my plate.

I'm more like what's her name in 'When Harry met Sally.' I like red onions on my salad, and Outback has them but doesn't put them on there, so I ask for some to be put on there. Or at Red Robin, I love blue cheese on a burger, but they put A1 on their blue cheeseburger, so I either order that without the A1, or different burger with blue cheese instead of whatever cheese normally comes on it. I also have a habit at FF restaurants of ordering something custom [even if it's just extra onions] just to assure that I get something fresh, but I don't do that when they're slammed and have a bin full of fresh product. That kind of thing.

Its one thing to 'piss off' cooks by always sending shit back. Its another entirely to "make them do 2x the work for something trivial and petty" when all I'm doing is ordering my food in the manner I would most enjoy it.

Rooster
06-21-2011, 01:59 PM

I could understand a spork but a fork is just barbaric.

Demonpenz
06-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I general I hate people who bitch at anything in restaurants, if you want it done the way you want it, you do it, I go to a restaurants to not be in the house, and to look at fat/ugly/hot people. Those people who rant and rave about a different place, or sigh when they get their food like "this will have to do :o/ those people suck in real life. You have to find some sort of contentment in every day tasks to be remotely happy in life. If you are complaining about your fries being too salty, I wonder how you are going to react when your mom gets breast cancer and dies.

Sofa King
06-21-2011, 02:01 PM
The whole concept of sticking something in your own ass to get revenge on someone else....

just.......

stop already......

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2011, 02:04 PM
I general I hate people who bitch at anything in restaurants, if you want it done the way you want it, you do it, I go to a restaurants to not be in the house, and to look at fat/ugly/hot people. Those people who rant and rave about a different place, or sigh when they get their food like "this will have to do :o/ those people suck in real life. You have to find some sort of contentment in every day tasks to be remotely happy in life. If you are complaining about your fries being too salty, I wonder how you are going to react when your mom gets breast cancer and dies.

Actually... if they'd give me the recipe and access to their ingredients/kitchen and a minor price reduction, I'd gladly cook my own meal.

sedated
06-21-2011, 02:05 PM
The only thing I want omitted from a burger is cheese, and that seems to be quite a chore for those in the kitchen. Even at sub shops, when I say "no cheese", they either stare at me for a minute trying to compute that someone actually doesn't want cheese, or they say "what kind?" as if "no" is some new type of cheese but they aren't sure they heard me correctly.

“Who told you to put the cheese on? Did I tell you to put the cheese on? I didn't tell you to put the cheese on. You people with the cheese. It never ends.” –Jackie Chiles

And another thing about the cheese. Whenever I'm at someone's house and they are grilling burgers, they always seem to put cheese on every one. When I request some without cheese, they look at me like I just jammed a fork up my rectum. So they make a few without cheese - and those all get taken as soon as everything is served.

I guess its like the phenomenon where someone ordering pizza for a party always orders 1 pepperoni and 5 supreme, only to have the pepperoni gone in 1.2 seconds, and the supreme lingers like a bad fart.

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 02:07 PM
And another thing about the cheese. Whenever I'm at someone's house and they are grilling burgers, they always seem to put cheese on every one. When I request some without cheese, they look at me like I just jammed a fork up my rectum. So they make a few without cheese - and those all get taken as soon as everything is served.

I guess its like the phenomenon where someone ordering pizza for a party always orders 1 pepperoni and 5 supreme, only to have the pepperoni gone in 1.2 seconds, and the supreme lingers like a bad fart.

I've never understood the love or over ordering of Supreme pizza. That shit is highly overrated.

seclark
The whole concept of sticking something in your own ass to get revenge on someone else....

just.......

stop already......

especially a fork...
sec

Pestilence
I guess I'm wrong in thinking that if I pay for my food.....I expect it to be cooked the way I requested.

Ace Gunner
06-21-2011, 02:08 PM
I've been thinking of starting a thread 'why won't they just double-bag my wife's groceries?' but I this thread changed my mind..

Otter
06-21-2011, 02:09 PM

just.......

stop already......

I've never done it and never would just for the record. I was one of the guys who wore a button down, tie and polished shoes and carried the food out and poured the wine for the customers to test and made drinks. A real "jeeves" sort of role.

I'm just letting you know what you're possibly dealing with. It's not always folklore. If anyone can shed some insight into the reality of eating dog when you goto a Chinese restaurant I'd be all ears.

seclark
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
I've been thinking of starting a thread 'why won't they just double-bag my wife's groceries?' but I this thread changed my mind..

fuck that...boxboys will be rubbing your kiwis on their weewees.
sec

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM

I fix that by not going to an actual register. If they have self-checkout....that's where I'm at.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
I've never done it and never would just for the record. I was one of the guys who wore a button down, tie and polished shoes and carried the food out and poured the wine for the customers to test and made drinks. A real "jeeves" sort of role.

I'm just letting you know what you're possibly dealing with. It's not always folklore. If anyone can shed some insight into the reality of eating dog when you goto a Chinese restaurant I'd be all ears.

There's a Chinese restaurant that we frequent at work that's adjacent to a vet. We call it "Noodles and Poodles." That's all I got.

luv
06-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Not sure why, but this made me laugh out loud.

KCUnited
06-21-2011, 02:13 PM
What kills me is when I'm at a restaurant ordering something and requesting things not be added and the waiter is looking at me like he don't need to write it down on the ticket because he's got the menu mastered and if every teacher he had in high school would've treated him fairly he'd be a scientist instead of waiting tables, only to have my shit arrive all jacked up like I didn't want it.

People always want to blame the cook, but don't forget about that ****stick waiter.

Fish
06-21-2011, 02:13 PM
I guess I'm wrong in thinking that if I pay for my food.....I expect it to be cooked the way I requested.

I think your expectation should be directly proportional to the quality of the establishment.

If you go to a $40/plate restaurant, I'd agree. If you're at Wendy's or Red Robin or something, you're risking an ass fork...

It ain't right, but that's the way it is....

blaise
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
When I was a teenager I worked in a Burger King for a month or so. The one order I always thought was weird was when people wanted the burger cut in half. "I'll have a Whopper cut in half."
I guess it makes it less messy though.

Pestilence
I think your expectation should be directly proportional to the quality of the establishment.

If you go to a $40/plate restaurant, I'd agree. If you're at Wendy's or Red Robin or something, you're risking an ass fork...

There is a difference though.

If they fuck up my order at Wendy's.....I'll go home and bitch about it.....and remove the shit myself.

If I'm at a $40 a plate place.....I'll respectfully talk to the waiter if I can't fix it myself.

I'm not an ass about it at either place.

luv
You all are making me want a hamburger.

Otter
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
These discussions piss me off because I am picky about how things are served to me, but very polite, clear and concise in my orders.

And I'm not talking about sending things back, can't imagine I've done that more than 2-3 times in my entire life, actually can't recall a specific instance of EVER doing so. MoF I DO recall in college eating the less burnt half of a burnt helping of lasagna at the Olive Garden, and only complained a the end when the manager asked if everything was delicious. More meekly pointing to the burnt half on my plate.

I'm more like what's her name in 'When Harry met Sally.' I like red onions on my salad, and Outback has them but doesn't put them on there, so I ask for some to be put on there. Or at Red Robin, I love blue cheese on a burger, but they put A1 on their blue cheeseburger, so I either order that without the A1, or different burger with blue cheese instead of whatever cheese normally comes on it. I also have a habit at FF restaurants of ordering something custom [even if it's just extra onions] just to assure that I get something fresh, but I don't do that when they're slammed and have a bin full of fresh product. That kind of thing.

Its one thing to 'piss off' cooks by always sending shit back. Its another entirely to "make them do 2x the work for something trivial and petty" when all I'm doing is ordering my food in the manner I would most enjoy it.

That's not anything I'd worry about from my experience.

tooge
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
When you are done eating your hamburger with ketchup, don't forget to send your man card in and ask for a shiny new boy card. JFC. A real burger has AT A MINIMUM, mustard, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a pickle. A good one also has a fried egg, possibly some slaw, and perhaps a few slices of bacon. I'll bet you eat hot dogs with ketchup too.

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
When you are done eating your hamburger with ketchup, don't forget to send your man card in and ask for a shiny new boy card. JFC. A real burger has AT A MINIMUM, mustard, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a pickle. A good one also has a fried egg, possibly some slaw, and perhaps a few slices of bacon. I'll bet you eat hot dogs with ketchup too.

Bullshit.

Just Passin' By
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM

This is just anecdotal but, I worked at several restaurants while in high school and college, including working at fast food chain restaurants. I never once saw any revenge actions for food being sent back.

Otter
06-21-2011, 02:18 PM

Bingo!

If you want top notch service stick to high end restaurants where the chefs are more professional and better paid with something to lose.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 02:19 PM
I'll bet you eat hot dogs with ketchup too.

For some reason this has become a popular slam in the past few years. It's a fucking hot dog.

BWillie
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
The last 4 times I have eaten at a burger joint, 1 actual restaurant and 3 fast food places, they have screwed up my order. Now, had my order been some convoluted mess I might understand but my order is ketchup only.

HOW THE **** CAN IT BE SO DIFFICULT TO LEAVE EVERYTHING OFF THE ****ING BURGER AND THEN SQUIRT SOME GOD DAMNED KETCHUP ON IT?

If burgers came preloaded with lettuce, pickles, onions, mayo, mustard, ketchup I could understand how my order might be difficult. ****ing shit people... I want my ****ing burger the simplest way possible yet no one can seem to get it right.

KETCHUP ONLY YOU ****ING IDIOTS.

/rant

I hear you man. I had to go back to McDonalds drive thru 3 times because they kept messing up my order of a double hamburger, no cheese w/ only onion on it. It was very difficult for those ppl. Even when I specify ONLY meat, onion and the bun. That's it. Thumbs up their asses. That's what.

mlyonsd
06-21-2011, 02:21 PM

Whoa....that's crazy talk.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2011, 02:22 PM
For some reason this has become a popular slam in the past few years. It's a fucking hot dog.

A hot dog is just a hot dog.

Hebrew National, they answer to a higher authority.

eazyb81
06-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I hear you man. I had to go back to McDonalds drive thru 3 times because they kept messing up my order of a double hamburger, no cheese w/ only onion on it. It was very difficult for those ppl. Even when I specify ONLY meat, onion and the bun. That's it. Thumbs up their asses. That's what.

I bet you got some special sauce with your final order.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Are you lactose intolerant, or trying to keep kosher?

Saulbadguy
06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I bet you got some special sauce with your final order.

Yep, that burger would have gotten the swamp ass treatment, that's for sure.

Otter
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM

If they **** up my order at Wendy's.....I'll go home and bitch about it.....and remove the shit myself.

If I'm at a $40 a plate place.....I'll respectfully talk to the waiter if I can't fix it myself.

To put things in perspective I've worked at the said restaurant for 3 years and seen gross revenge a total of maybe 5 times and the chefs were a very rowdy bunch and poorly supervised because the kitchen was designed in a way were there just wasn't room for anyone else back there with them.

There's a lot of assholes in the world on both sides of the counter and you usually have to go out of your way to piss someone off for things to reach that level anger.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
A hot dog is just a hot dog.

Hebrew National, they answer to a higher authority.

All Kosher toppings required?

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM

If they **** up my order at Wendy's.....I'll go home and bitch about it.....and remove the shit myself.

truth

Frazod
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
There's a Wendy's near my house that I've gone to for years. They must have turned over some staff recently - lately they've started fucking up my order fairly regularly. I get a spicy chicken sandwich with cheese and honey mustard. They'll either give me the regular order one or put yellow mustard on it. Apparently there's no word for "honey mustard" in Spanish. :grr:

I realize these people aren't making jack shit (with the added bonus of being goddamn illegal aliens who don't speak a word of English), but I was there once too, and if I wasn't a fuck up back then there's no reason I should have to tolerate somebody else's fuck ups now. It's not like there aren't hundreds of people without jobs in the area who'd happily make my sandwich the right way.

Seriously, how is that so many morons keep jobs when so many non-morons are out of work?

blaise
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
I order burgers at fast food places without items quite a bit, mostly for my kids, and they almost always do it correctly.

tooge
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
For some reason this has become a popular slam in the past few years. It's a ****ing hot dog.

We went to a few dog places in Chicago. One was hot diggity dogs, the other was doug's dogs. Neither even had ketchup on premise. My kids do it, but I'm trying to teach them.

blaise
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Ketchup on hot dogs is pretty gross.

Pestilence
We went to a few dog places in Chicago. One was hot diggity dogs, the other was doug's dogs. Neither even had ketchup on premise. My kids do it, but I'm trying to teach them.

Show me the rule that says I'm not allowed to put ketchup on my hot dogs. I'm not eating a fucking steak....I'm eating a hot dog.

Fucking hot dog snobs are the worst.

Pestilence
Ketchup on hot dogs is pretty gross.

And I think onions and relish on hot dogs are gross as well.....but I'm not going to give someone shit for putting it on their hot dog.

Frazod
06-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Show me the rule that says I'm not allowed to put ketchup on my hot dogs. I'm not eating a fucking steak....I'm eating a hot dog.

Fucking hot dog snobs are the worst.

My wife puts ketchup on hot dogs. You're both fucked up.

blaise
06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
And I think onions and relish on hot dogs are gross as well.....but I'm not going to give someone shit for putting it on their hot dog.

Hey, put whatever you want on it. I don't care.

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
My wife puts ketchup on hot dogs. You're both fucked up.

It's not like I'm eating hot dogs plain with just ketchup.

Guess what? I also eat fries with ketchup and mustard.

pr_capone
06-21-2011, 02:34 PM
http://rogersmithlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/hot-dog.png

add some mustard and NOM

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2011, 02:35 PM

I don't leave the lane until I check my food.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 02:36 PM

They're hot dog purists and have to add the snob factor. I'm pretty sure a Chicago dog has the sweet, vinegary and tomato thing going on in one form or another.

luv
06-21-2011, 02:39 PM

I remember, back in the day, when the standard condiments available for a hot dog were ketchup, mustard, and relish.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could make a coney dog with chili, cheese, and onion. Or one of those nasty ones with sour kraut.

Still, standard picnic hot dogs had ketchup, mustard, and relish.

Lonewolf Ed
06-21-2011, 02:41 PM

That is a brilliant idea! If you get a packet or three of ketchup, then you can be sure that you get how much you want on the plain burger.

Back when I used to eat at McDonald's, it took forever to get my quarter pounders with cheese and jusy ketchup and mustard, so I stopped ordering it that way and just took the onions and pickles off myself. If they have to think about what to put on or not put on it takes longer, even if there is less stuff to put on the burger.

luv
06-21-2011, 02:42 PM

Whenever I get waffle fries, I always eat them with ketchup and mayo. Only waffle fries, though. Not sure why.

Back in the day, Wendy's fries and frosty (back when they only had one kind) were awesome. I'm not a fan of their new fries, though.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Whenever I get waffle fries, I always eat them with ketchup and mayo. Only waffle fries, though. Not sure why.

Back in the day, Wendy's fries and frosty (back when they only had one kind) were awesome. I'm not a fan of their new fries, though.

Wendy's is about 3rd on my list of FF burger places, but they've totally messed up their new fries.

Predarat
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Not everyone is a Resevoir Dogs fan? I thought everyone liked that movie.
If they have not seen it they should, if they did not get your quote they need to refresh themselves and watch it again!

Lonewolf Ed
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM

Hmmph. When I grill my locally famous Belly-Buster Burgers (tm), all that is needed is sharp cheddar, spicy mustard, and my homemade barbecue sauce. Lettuce and a bit of red onion are fine once in a while, but my guests and I are happy with just the cheese, mustard, and barebcue sauce usually.

I don't eat hot dogs at all. Feh!

luv
06-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Wendy's is about 3rd on my list of FF burger places, but they've totally messed up their new fries.

They're fries used to be my favorite. Their spicy chicken sandwich keeps them high on my list though (especially since we don't have a Popeye's anymore).

tooge
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
They're hot dog purists and have to add the snob factor. I'm pretty sure a Chicago dog has the sweet, vinegary and tomato thing going on in one form or another.

they usually have at least a slaw or kraut, some hot peppers mustard, and tomato slices.

Frazod
06-21-2011, 02:52 PM

FREAK!

:p

Brock
06-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Hmm. I thought it was an improvement.

Frazod
06-21-2011, 02:54 PM

That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard.

If I want a fucking salad I'll order one. I don't want one dumped on top of my burger.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
they usually have at least a slaw or kraut, some hot peppers mustard, and tomato slices.

I must admit that I ate a hot dog at The K about four years ago. Before that it was a long time. I just find it funny that a hot dog and some toppings are held out there as some gourmet meal that must be put together exactly "this" way. It's as if ketchup is like putting dog shit on a cut of meat that isn't much higher than dog shit. They ain't putting Filet Mignon, lamb, veal in that pig's intestine.

Fish
06-21-2011, 02:59 PM

Mustard on fries?

Welcome to the Ignore list you fucking soulless heathen....

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Hmm. I thought it was an improvement.

I think they're trying to emulate Five Guys, etc. with the fresh cut fries. Wendy's is trying to use, as far as I can tell, pre-cut fries from their supplier with the skin on. It completely doesn't work. And sea salt? There's way too much earthy skin taste and less potato taste.

Baby Lee
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM

Chicago Dog

all beef Kosher dog
Poppy seed bun
yellow mustard
chopped white onions
piccalilli [neon pickle relish]
dill pickle spear
tomato slice
sport peppers
celery salt

http://www.hotdogchicagostyle.com/uploads/viennabeef_graphic.jpg

http://www.hotdogchicagostyle.com/chicagodog.php

Accept no substitutions

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Chicago Dog

all beef Kosher dog
Poppy seed bun
yellow mustard
chopped white onions
piccalilli
dill pickle spear
tomato slice
sport peppers
celery salt

Accept no substitutions

There would have to be a significant amount of money involved for me to attempt to choke that thing down. No thanks.

Baby Lee
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Mustard on fries?

yellow mustard, I'm with you.

But Wendy's fries and honey mustard is like peas and carrots.

Pestilence
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Mustard on fries?

I'm not a ginger.

Baby Lee
06-21-2011, 03:11 PM
There would have to be a significant amount of money involved for me to attempt to choke that thing down. No thanks.

It's up there vying for 'if I had to eat one fast food item for the rest of my life' king.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:12 PM

I agree. I've seen the Chicago dog on TV and it's like you have to choke down big chunks of tomato, pickle and pepper. The dog is an afterthought.

MOhillbilly
06-21-2011, 03:13 PM
chicago gyros on n glenstone has sick dogs.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Do the dogs barf the lunch menu? :p

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2011, 03:17 PM

Big fan of the carts out on the square when I've been hammered.

"Hey man can I get a plain dog with a bun?"

"WTF is wrong with you?" is the general response I hear to that.

NewChief
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Chicago Dog

all beef Kosher dog
Poppy seed bun
yellow mustard
chopped white onions
piccalilli [neon pickle relish]
dill pickle spear
tomato slice
sport peppers
celery salt

Accept no substitutions

I like these quite a lot. I was actually surprised that the Sonic version did not suck.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
OK. I can walk to the best Chicago dog joint in KC from work. They get rave reviews from transplanted Chicago-ites. I might have to expand my horizons and try a "real" Chicago dog.

RNR
06-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I have often wondered if there is another term for "hold" as in hold the fucking tomato or "no" as in no tomato. Half the time I go to a drive through after asking politely please hold the tomato or no tomato I get one anyway~

prhom
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
They ain't putting Filet Mignon, lamb, veal in that pig's intestine.

Funny you should say that. I actually had a Kobe-beef hot-dog a few months ago. To be honest though, it didn't really taste much better than any all-beef hot-dog you can make at home. Seemed like kind of a waste to me.

keg in kc
06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
There would have to be a significant amount of money involved for me to attempt to choke that thing down.That's what she said.

Demonpenz
06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I Ireland I asked the dude to hold the Tomato and he held it out the window to me.

luv
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I love how we transitioned from hamburgers to french fries to hot dogs.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:27 PM

So, now you're hungry for all three?

luv
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM
So, now you're hungry for all three?

Nah, just a hamburger. Doubt I get one, though. Work to school to gym to home. Not eating a hamburger at 10:30 at night, so I'll settle for a yogurt or a banana or something.

RNR
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM

More amazing is it did not translate to tacky jokes.....yet~

MOhillbilly
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
mmmmm burgers it is.

luv
06-21-2011, 03:34 PM

Well, we were talking about hamburgers whenever people were mentioning sticking items up their rectums. Perhaps that should be revisited now that the topic is hot dogs.

|Zach|
06-21-2011, 03:37 PM
I generally get pretty plain burgers as well. Cheese ketchup and mustard. It isn't a huge deal for me because there is nothing that goes on a burger that I absolutely won't eat so if it gets messed up it isn't an issue I just prefer it the other way.

The idea that it is too much to make a reasonable request that "this and this or not this" go on your burger is absurd.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Well, we were talking about hamburgers whenever people were mentioning sticking items up their rectums. Perhaps that should be revisited now that the topic is hot dogs.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.diylife.com/media/2008/05/golfteewoodsydiy.jpg

luv
06-21-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.diylife.com/media/2008/05/golfteewoodsydiy.jpg

If I bring up ketchup as well, I'm pretty sure the thread will die.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
If I bring up ketchup as well, I'm pretty sure the thread will die.

You are Kill Killington.

PGM
06-21-2011, 03:49 PM
All a good burger needs is cheese. Screw the other crap.

luv
06-21-2011, 03:53 PM
All a good burger needs is cheese. Screw the other crap.

You like it aged and dry, huh?

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
You like it aged and dry, huh?

I thought you were going to be more positive and less self-deprecating.

luv
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I thought you were going to be more positive and less self-deprecating.

You calling me aged and dry?

Baby Lee
06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree. I've seen the Chicago dog on TV and it's like you have to choke down big chunks of tomato, pickle and pepper. The dog is an afterthought.

It really isn't

If you don't have problems with any individual ingredient, I urge all to try one at least once. It's just the perfect mix of flavors and textures.

Stewie
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
You calling me aged and dry?

You said it. I took it for face value. What was I supposed to think? Oh, wait... you're like a well aged tasty piece of meat.

luv
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
You said it. I took it for face value. What was I supposed to think? Oh, wait... you're like a well aged tasty piece of meat.

I asked him if that's what he preferred. I was nothing to do with that equation.

PGM
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I asked him if that's what he preferred. I was nothing to do with that equation.

I just prefer a quality cut of meat ;)

Stewie
06-21-2011, 04:05 PM

Would you play along, please? :p

luv
06-21-2011, 04:44 PM
I just prefer a quality cut of meat ;)

That's what she said.

tomahawk kid
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
OK. I can walk to the best Chicago dog joint in KC from work. They get rave reviews from transplanted Chicago-ites. I might have to expand my horizons and try a "real" Chicago dog.

DO tell.

Where is said Chicago style dog joint?

KCUnited
06-21-2011, 05:17 PM
DO tell.

Where is said Chicago style dog joint?

Dave's Stagecoach.

bevischief
06-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Fix your own dumbass.

Bugeater
06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
That's because ketchup doesn't go on a burger. They're teaching you a lesson.
3rd post in had the correct answer.

salame
06-21-2011, 08:39 PM
3rd post in had the correct answer.

agreed bromaha

Okie_Apparition
06-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Fried egg on your hamburger? I think someone should get their ass kicked for putting a fried egg on any fucking thing. Nasty ass shit

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 05:35 AM
Fried egg on your hamburger? I think someone should get their ass kicked for putting a fried egg on any ****ing thing. Nasty ass shit

Then I guess Adam on Man VS Food is wrong :huh:

Back on topic.
Personally I don't like anything on my burgers. plain, NO condoments what so ever, maybe a very tiny splash of BBQ sauce if there done on a BBQ, other than that..notta

One night I'm crusing along,(stop reading now Mr.Lane, yes this is another trucking story) about 3am, stop at a road side choak and puke, tell the waitress I want a Plain Cheesburger, fries, and coffee.
I get my order, look at it and say:

Me: Excuse me Miss, theres Ketchup, mustard and onions on my burger waitress: So, whats the problem
Me: I wanted it PLAIN,
waitress : astounded look on her face, IT IS,,,
Me: NO, it has Ketchup, mustard and onions on it, please take it back and get me a PLAIN one.
Waitress: That is a plain one, loaded means you get relish, mayo,lettus, pickles, and baccon.
Me: No, this is a cheese burger, with 3 condoments on it.
Waitress: So what do you weant me to do?
Me: Take it back, and bring me a PLAIN cheese burger
Waitress: How do YOU define plain
Me: Shaking my head in disbelief ...Meat patty and cheese, on a bun
Waitress: Thats not even a cheese burger.
Me: So what would you call it?
Waitress: I dont know, but it aint a plain cheese burger, look at the menue, it even says so!
Me: How about a coffee,black no sugar, to go instead.
Waitress: what about your plain cheesburger
Me: You dont know how to make one, so why bother wasting time ordering it.
Waitress: (no with a very snotty voice) We cook to order, you can have what ever you want, THE WAY YOU WANT
Me; Ok, I want, a hamburger, with nothing but a piece of cheese on it, NOTHING else, just meat and cheese on a bun
Waitress: I see, so you want a plain hamburger, with cheese.
Me: yes.

5 mins later, plate drops in front of me

Me: Ahhhh miss
Waitress: Yes? Is there a problem
Me: (trying not to lose it compleatly) Yeah, my hamburger has Ketchup, mustard and onions on it.
Waitress: So whats the problem?
Me: Your shitting me right? I watched you write it down. You know cook to order....
Waitress: Sir, I told you a plain burger comes that way, a loaded burger has more toppings.
Me: Ya know what, since the coffee tasted like shit, the fries never did show up, and you don't know how to "cook to order", here's a buck, for the cup of black swill I almost drank, have a good night.
Waitress: Hey, your paying for this mister, thats 2 burgers you've sent back to teh kitchen.

As I'm leaving, I look back into the kitchen, and see a cook doubled over in laughter, and another employee with tears in her eyes.
I ask em "WTF"

They look at each other, then the cook speaks up....."We told the boss she was too stupid to even work the graveyard shift, but NOOOOO would they listen to us?" Heres your order driver, have a good run, and watch for the cop sitting behind the gas station on the edge of town, as you start down the hill. He loves to write tickets to truckers, that was his wife, and she's always complaing to him about how truckers give her such a hard time at work. ".

Seems I was the 5th or 6th trucker that night since midnight who got up and left with a free meal in a to go bag.

Epiloge:
Must say after losing 45mins in that place, and leaving half pissed at human stupidity, when I finally tasted it, it was one of the best damn burgers I ever had. Toasted bun, 2 pattys, and 3 slices of cheese. And mr cop got a high single finger salute as I went by....at 5mph under the speed limit.

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 06:58 AM
That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard.

If I want a fucking salad I'll order one. I don't want one dumped on top of my burger.

A slice of tomato does not qualify as a salad.

Tomato and onion on a burger is wonderful. Adds to the texture and creates an amazing combination of flavors.

If you order a plain burger you're eating like a child.

Fire Me Boy!
06-22-2011, 07:28 AM

Tomato and onion on a burger is wonderful. Adds to the texture and creates an amazing combination of flavors.

Says the guy who routinely acts like a child.

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Says the guy who routinely acts like a child.

Tomatos are good.

Burgers are good.

They are good together.

milkman
06-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Check again.

That's what she said.

That's what she said.

You were hitting on a woman?

milkman
06-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Ketchup or catsup?

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Ketchup or catsup?

You descide
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ketchup_v._Catsup

......"
The case was tried before Hon. Oscar J. Mayer (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Oscar_Mayer), a native of Hamburg, Germany (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Germany), who immigrated to America as a child. Mayer issues a scathing decision in which he declared: "This case is the biggest bunch of baloney I have ever seen. What kind of a weenie would even bring a case like this? I hereby order both litigants to be flogged, their companies dissolved and all proceeds delivered to me, personally, in care of the City Bank of New York, and their children sold into slavery. Further more, I don't give a Royal Flying Rat's Ass (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Her_Majesty%27s_Royal_Flying_Rat%27s_Ass) about whether you call it catsup or ketchup. I mean, really." ....

DMAC
06-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I came in here wondering what kind of interesting way does pr_capone like his burgers and then I find you just use ketchup?!?

:facepalm:

I'm out.

Dartgod
06-22-2011, 07:53 AM
It really isn't

If you don't have problems with any individual ingredient, I urge all to try one at least once. It's just the perfect mix of flavors and textures.
I hate relish (especially the nuclear green variety) and I hate raw onions, but I love me a good Chicago dog.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
06-22-2011, 08:41 AM

Blow me.

Onions suck worse than Denver, Kansas, rap music and death combined. I hate onions. I would outlaw them if I could. And if I want tomato on a burger, well, that's what ketchup's for.

Ex-fat people are nearly as annoying as ex-smokers.

blaise
06-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Tomatoes and onions are awesome on burgers.

DMAC
06-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Blow me.

Onions suck worse than Denver, Kansas, rap music and death combined. I hate onions. I would outlaw them if I could. And if I want tomato on a burger, well, that's what ketchup's for.

What about onion rings? Ya like those?

Fire Me Boy!
06-22-2011, 08:46 AM

Raw onion is gross. Onion rings are good if they're the really thinly sliced, lightly battered kind. Otherwise, no thanks.

DMAC
06-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Raw onion is gross. Onion rings are good if they're the really thinly sliced, lightly battered kind. Otherwise, no thanks.

Raw onion is good. Especially sweet onion. And onion rings are good no matter what.

What is wrong with you people?

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Blow me.

Normally, I agree. I don't eat onions on anything but burgers.

They add a crunchy, sweet, slightly tangy twist that is excellent. You're not getting crunch anywhere else on your burger.

Ketchup is no substitute for tomato. Your desire for ketchup on a burger is just an undeveloped appreciation for tomato. With a tomato you're getting a superior texture addition and a more balanced level of sweetness added to the flavor. Ketchup is too strong, it's high fructose corn syrup.

It should also be noted that tomatoes go well with cheese. A cheeseburger without a tomato is an even greater crime.

You're welcome.

When I eat a homemade burger, I put a tomato on both sides of the patty. HOLY SHIT that's good. A little messy, but good.

milkman
06-22-2011, 09:08 AM

They add a crunchy, sweet, slightly tangy twist that is excellent. You're not getting crunch anywhere else on your burger.

Ketchup is no substitute for tomato. Your desire for ketchup on a burger is just an undeveloped appreciation for tomato. With a tomato you're getting a superior texture addition and a more balanced level of sweetness added to the flavor. Ketchup is too strong, it's high fructose corn syrup.

It should also be noted that tomatoes go well with cheese. A cheeseburger without a tomato is an even greater crime.

You're welcome.

When I eat a homemade burger, I put a tomato on both sides of the patty. HOLY SHIT that's good. A little messy, but good.

Why can't anyone just say things simply, straight and to the point?

I like Frazod's approach, though I disagree with him.

Ketchup sucks ass.

Give me tomato.

Frazod
06-22-2011, 09:10 AM

What part of I HATE ONIONS don't you people get?

Yes, I hate onion rings.

ReynardMuldrake
06-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Blow me.

You're saying that fat people hate ketchup and love fresh vegetables? Really?

Onions are awesome. Probably half of the food I cook has either sliced, grilled, or sauteed onions on or in them.

DMAC
06-22-2011, 09:13 AM
What part of I HATE ONIONS don't you people get?

Yes, I hate onion rings.

Jeez...did an onion sodomize you as a child or something?

lcarus
06-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah I only ask for mustard, onions, and cheese on my burgers. My brother (who I am almost always with) asks for mayo, ketchup, and pickle only. So it never fails...our order is too complicated for most of the idiots working at McWendys King.

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Why can't anyone just say things simply, straight and to the point?

Frazod is wrong and I am right.

He must convert:

http://www.reimerseeds.com/images/products/Tomato/Burpee_Burger_Tomato_Seeds.jpg

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 09:21 AM

He must convert:

Run along now Clay, your moms calling from upstairs, lunch is ready.

Pestilence
06-22-2011, 09:23 AM

You're welcome.

You want a crunch on your burger? Get rid of the onions and add pickles.

Frazod
06-22-2011, 09:23 AM

He must convert:

http://www.reimerseeds.com/images/products/Tomato/Burpee_Burger_Tomato_Seeds.jpg

Go eat a twinkie and shut the fuck up.

Mr. Plow
06-22-2011, 09:27 AM

LMAO

Frazod
06-22-2011, 09:29 AM

No, but one might has well have.

Oh, and I hate pickles too.

I'll take Sure Fire Ways To Fuck Up A Perfectly Good Burger for $1,000, Alex.

milkman
06-22-2011, 09:31 AM
No, but one might has well have.

Oh, and I hate pickles too.

I'll take Sure Fire Ways To **** Up A Perfectly Good Burger for $1,000, Alex.

Pickle, tomato, onion and cheese are the only things I want on my burger.

Edit:BBQ sause or Heinz57 at times, if the tomato isn't available, but never, ever ketchup.

KurtCobain
06-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Pickle, tomato, onion and cheese are the only things I want on my burger.

That's so fucking nasty.

Frazod
06-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Things I like on a burger (obviously not necessarily all at the same time)
Ketchup
Mayo
Cheese (pretty much any type)
Mushrooms (Hardees mushroom and swiss is the best burger there is)
Bacon
Hot sauce
Various other sauces that don't taste like fucking onion

And that's it.

I had a Kobe beef burger with bleu cheese AND ONLY BLEU CHEESE the other day. It was fantastic.

The rest of you can go shove your pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and especially onions. Yuck. :harumph:

DMAC
lettuce tomato onion pickle jalapeno

NO SAUCES

tasty

beach tribe
fast food people don't care because their jobs suck ass. A restaurant should be able to get it right though, I would think. I like my burger cooked a perfect medium, but I don't eat fast food and I'm not picky so I never seem to have any problems.

I know what you're saying. I'm the same way. It just looks like an oxymoron.

PGM
06-22-2011, 09:35 AM

Probably gag reflex. I can't eat them either without chucking. Not everyone has the same taste buds pal :thumb:

PGM
06-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Things I like on a burger (obviously not necessarily all at the same time)
Ketchup
Mayo
Cheese (pretty much any type)
Bacon
Hot sauce
Various other sauces that don't taste like fucking onion

And that's it.

I had a Kobe beef burger with bleu cheese AND ONLY BLEU CHEESE the other day. It was fantastic.

The rest of you can go shove your pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and especially onions. Yuck. :harumph:

All I eat is cheese on em. Guess I'm a little kid according to the "burger snobs" LMAO

DMAC
06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Probably gag reflex. I can't eat them either without chucking. Not everyone has the same taste buds pal :thumb:

:thumb:

:facepalm:

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 09:43 AM
You want a crunch on your burger? Get rid of the onions and add pickles.

Since when are pickles crunchy?

Frazod
06-22-2011, 09:43 AM

This.

I was raised by meat and potatoes rednecks. During my formative years, I did not eat vegetables because my dad did not eat vegetables. By the time my mom realized that she'd fucked up, it was too late. She tried to force things like onions and peas on me. I wasn't having it.

I have learned to eat certain vegetables as an adult, but the ones that people tried to make me eat are completely loathesome to me now. I eat things like broccoli and spinach as often as I can, but THEY DON'T EXACTLY GO WELL WITH BURGERS.

Frazod
06-22-2011, 09:44 AM
And I don't want anything but mustard on my hot dogs. Expect, perhaps, a little horseradish.

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM

Mushrooms? Motherfucking mushrooms? You're going to favor a perversion of the great american burger over the purity and sanctity of how god intended it to be consumed?

Frazod
06-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Mushrooms? Motherfucking mushrooms? You're going to favor a perversion of the great american burger over the purity and sanctity of how god intended it to be consumed?

God intended me to eat my burgers with mushrooms, bitch. Get over it!

DeezNutz
06-22-2011, 09:46 AM
I love vegetables, but I'm particular about cold things being cold and hot things being hot.

Thus, a lukewarm tomato doesn't work well on a burger. I want it to be garden fresh, cold, straight to the burger and straight to my mouth.

Discuss Thrower
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM

Discovered that problem when a few bits of onion got into my plain Catcher from Ebbet's Field south. Same thing with lettuce in a taco. I had to force myself not to yak all over the dinner table.

And when it comes to burgers, mom is trying to convince me to have her grill one for me tonight. Last time she grilled burgers she put some sort of seasoning that had that pre-vomit taste on the back of my mouth / top of throat which lasted for about 3-4 days. Needless to say I'm not thrilled at the prospect of her grilling again.

DMAC
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
God intended me to eat my burgers with mushrooms, bitch. Get over it!

I love mushroom swiss burgers. Sautee the shrooms in worshershehreryr and butter...throw a dash of cayenne on there. Dam I said DAMNNNNN

milkman
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Man walking through the forest in the infancy of mankind.

"Oh look, there's some kind of fungus growing in a pile of shit!
I bet that's a tasty treat!"

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 09:50 AM
And I don't want anything but mustard on my hot dogs. Expect, perhaps, a little horseradish.

Sour Krout sometimes, the odd dash of Chilli, but I'm with ya on mustard only.:thumb:

PGM
06-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Eat the tomato and pickle on the side. Soggy bread is disgusting.

DMAC
06-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Man walking through the forest in the infancy of mankind.

"Oh look, there's some kind of fungus growing in a pile of shit!
I bet that's a tasty treat!"

I dont put magical mushrooms on my burger.

DMAC
06-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Dear frazod,

http://www.burgerbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/oc_wildwestburger.jpg

ROFL

Pestilence
06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Since when are pickles crunchy?

Since when are they not? Go get an actual fucking pickle.....not those hamburger slices from the dollar store.

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Eat the tomato and pickle on the side. Soggy bread is disgusting.

Under no circumstances should your tomato touch the bun.

Fish
06-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Dear frazod,

ROFL

:drool:

:clap:

PGM
06-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Under no circumstances should your tomato touch the bun.

At least I agree with ya on something in this thread.

Sofa King
06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
This fucking thread is making me hungry.

Gonna have to call in an order at noon.

Frazod
06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Dear frazod,

ROFL

:Lin:

Douche Baggins
06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Onion rings are overkill. They should be eaten on the side.

ReynardMuldrake
06-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't understand how people can eat mushrooms. You're eating a fungus. It's slimy and it grows on shit. It's not even a vegetable, it's more like eating a piece of mold. It's the most vile tasting thing imaginable. And yet everyone in my family loves them. Both sides, in-laws too. I don't get it.

Fire Me Boy!
06-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't understand how people can eat mushrooms. You're eating a fungus. It's slimy and it grows on shit. It's not even a vegetable, it's more like eating a piece of mold. It's the most vile tasting thing imaginable. And yet everyone in my family loves them. Both sides, in-laws too. I don't get it.

If they're slimy, something's wrong.

Sofa King
06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I say everyone takes a picture of what you're having for lunch today and post it here.

Challenge Accepted?

PGM
06-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Chili and grilled cheese...too lazy to post a picture.

Fish
06-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Who eats chili in the middle of June? But I'll be damned if it doesn't sound good right now.....

PGM
06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Who eats chili in the middle of June? But I'll be damned if it doesn't sound good right now.....

:hmmm: Haven't had it in a while and was craving it.

PGM
06-22-2011, 10:54 AM
The biggest nightmare for plain burger orderers is the dreaded "scrape off all the goodies and maybe they won't notice" burger. Ohhh, yes we do notice :#

Pants
06-22-2011, 11:11 AM

Your view of mushrooms is pretty stupid, to be honest with you.

This is one of the tastiest things in the world and it's not slimy, nor does it grow on shit, nor is it like eating mold (which can be amazing in cheese, BTW):

http://blog.mycology.cornell.edu/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/boletusedulis-crop.jpg

milkman
06-22-2011, 11:18 AM

This is one of the tastiest things in the world and it's not slimy, nor does it grow on shit, nor is it like eating mold (which can be amazing in cheese, BTW):

http://blog.mycology.cornell.edu/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/boletusedulis-crop.jpg

Mushrooms are a fungus that grow in shit.

Sure, they are now grown somewhere other than in shit, but they are still a fungus.

Fire Me Boy!
06-22-2011, 11:21 AM

Gotta disagree. Only thing in my adult life that I've nearly thrown up because of the taste was Stilton. Tasted like vomit. Moldy cheese is fuckin' gross.

Pants
06-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Mushrooms are a fungus that grow in shit.

Sure, they are now grown somewhere other than in shit, but they are still a fungus.

I don't think I've ever seen a mushroom growing out of shit and I've been on many mushroom hunting trips when I was younger.

milkman
06-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a mushroom growing out of shit and I've been on many mushroom hunting trips when I was younger.

Used to see them everywhere in the hills above my high school.

Pants
06-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Used to see them everywhere in the hills above my high school.

Wrong kind of mushroom then, maybe? I don't know. Not all mushrooms are edible (some can even kill you) nor are all edible mushrooms created equal.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-22-2011, 11:43 AM

I do. I make it year round. The idea of certain foods being seasonal has always been silly to me. If I want something I eat it. I make other soups, like chicken and noodles in the summer too. And I have salads and use the grill in the winter. I'm like a crazy person.

milkman
06-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Wrong kind of mushroom then, maybe? I don't know. Not all mushrooms are edible (some can even kill you) nor are all edible mushrooms created equal.

There are a thousand different kinds of mushrooms.

Doesn't matter.

The first mushroom ever eaten was one growing wild in shit.

DMAC
06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I do believe if the mushrooms are growing in shit, you dont want to eat them unless you enjoy hallucinations...

Pants
06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
There are a thousand different kinds of mushrooms.

Doesn't matter.

The first mushroom ever eaten was one growing wild in shit.

I don't know so I'll believe you since you were probably there to see it. My point is that the mushrooms we eat are not growing out of shit in the wild, at least in my experience.

sedated
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM

If you are craving the best chili in existence, go to McGonigle's Market on 79th and Ward Parkway/State Line, and pick up a jar of Champion Select Chili Fixins. Amazing stuff, and a few people on this board will agree with me. Its just a shame more people don't have access to it.

KurtCobain
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
If you are craving the best chili in existence, go to McGonigle's Market on 79th and Ward Parkway/State Line, and pick up a jar of Champion Select Chili Fixins. Amazing stuff, and a few people on this board will agree with me. Its just a shame more people don't have access to it.

I might take your word for this tomorrow, I'll be in the area.

Fish
06-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Hmm. I used to live a block and a half from McGonigles. Great little store. I still stop in on occasion for a sammich and Magoo fries. I might have to check that out for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks

KurtCobain
06-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Hmm. I used to live a block and a half from McGonigles. Great little store. I still stop in on occasion for a sammich and Magoo fries. I might have to check that out for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks

I'll see you there.