PDA

View Full Version : Football How do you feel about 16 TNF games?

Okie_Apparition
06-22-2011, 06:40 AM
The idea behind 16 thursday night football games is more revenue. They need a network to pay them, so the NFL Network & their lousy production crew is out the window, thank goodness. So...... Thursday Night Football, good idea or bad?

Marcellus
06-22-2011, 06:53 AM
I like it simply for the fact it could shitcan the NFLN doing games. I have NFLN but JFC the coverage is shit.

Okie_Apparition
06-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Those NAPA Know How commercials were enough on their own, to get you to turn the game off.

Von Dumbass
06-22-2011, 07:04 AM
I like it just so I don't have to wait so long to see another football game. The wait between MNF to the Sunday games can seem pretty long sometimes.

Fishpicker
06-22-2011, 07:06 AM
i dont mind those games around the holidays but they should be reserved for the most struggling markets.

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Love it!
Make these over paid under worked bitches actually EARN their millions, like other pro athleats do.

MahiMike
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Lemme guess. The folks that have NFLN like it. The ones that refuse to pay for it - don't.

2bikemike
06-22-2011, 07:19 AM
For those of us living outside the market of our favorite team this could be a great way to pick up an extra game or 2 on prime time. I like that.

milkman
06-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Love it!
Make these over paid under worked bitches actually EARN their millions, like other pro athleats do.

Yeah, because the physical demands of a football player are no different from those of other sports.

JD10367
06-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Depends on whether they're showing all those Thursday nighters on NFLN or not. I don't have NFLN so if they're all on that channel I could care less. But if they're on a major network or ESPN, I'm all for it. It spreads another game out of Sunday, meaning more games I can watch. Hell, I'd like a Thursday nighter, Friday nighter, two Saturday games at 1 and 4, three Sunday games at 1, 4, and 8, and a Monday nighter. That would mean I can watch 8 games a week and over half the NFL teams.

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Yeah, because the physical demands of a football player are no different from those of other sports.
And just exacly how much actuall playing time do these guys do in a 60 min game anyway?
It's been stated in here there's only 1700 people cabable of playing at the NFL level (as scabs and replacements just wouldn't be up to par). This means they must be conditioned for it correct?
I'm not saying it's not a physical sport, but hell our CFLers do 2 games a week up here quite often. And unlike the PUSSY NFL, there aint no "fair Catch rule".

JD10367
06-22-2011, 07:41 AM
And just exacly how much actuall playing time do these guys do in a 60 min game anyway?
It's been stated in here there's only 1700 people cabable of playing at the NFL level (as scabs and replacements just wouldn't be up to par). This means they must be conditioned for it correct?
I'm not saying it's not a physical sport, but hell our CFLers do 2 games a week up here quite often. And unlike the PUSSY NFL, there aint no "fair Catch rule".

Plus you get an extra 10 yards for inflation. :D

I don't like the three downs, though. Makes for too much punting.

Infidel Goat
06-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I drink beer with friends most Thursday nights.

It's a good idea.

ClevelandBronco
06-22-2011, 08:05 AM
I wouldn't watch anything but Broncos games, but that probably shouldn't matter to the NFL. I'd guess that I'm not in their target demographic anyway.

MOhillbilly
06-22-2011, 08:07 AM
no, church is on sundays.

milkman
06-22-2011, 08:09 AM

I see your problem.

You think the CFL is football.

BigCatDaddy
06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Love it. Give me football every night of the week. College football should put GOOD matchups on TV Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday nights as well. In GOOD I'm not talking Baylor vs Kansas.

Dayze
06-22-2011, 08:36 AM
meh.
just another night of the week to show one of the following teams: Indy, NE, Phily, Pitt, Dallas, and Jets.

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 08:39 AM
I see your problem.

And I see yours , stereotypical, arrogant, god complexed, Amercian.
If it ain't stamped and branded Made in USA it can't possibly be any good.:p

Rooster
06-22-2011, 08:40 AM
In GOOD I'm not talking Baylor vs Kansas.

Because that would be EPIC...;)

Old Dog
06-22-2011, 08:41 AM
I see your problem.

He is a Raider fan correct? Same talent level as the CFL.....

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 08:44 AM
He is a Raider fan correct? Same talent level as the CFL.....
Who swept the Chiefs last season. LMAO

BTW how many CFL games you ever sit and watch, oh thats right...you probably havent, which is why like Milksuds your talking out yer ass :)

milkman
06-22-2011, 08:45 AM
And I see yours , stereotypical, arrogant, god complexed, Amercian.
If it ain't stamped and branded Made in USA it can't possibly be any good.:p

Hey!

Hey!

I resemble that remark!

:cuss:

Chiefshrink
06-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Whether it's 16 here or 16 there really doesn't matter other than just good pre-planning by the coaching staff over the course of the season just like they do for MNF. You say, well that's the point that MNF to plan for and now Thurs nite as well??

Bottom line they are not playing over 16 games and I say make them earn their $$, which would still never happen playing a game, literally playing a game and I don't care how physical it is.

THEY ARE BEING PAID MILLIONS TO PLAY A GAME!!!

THEY WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THE "BROWNBAGGING WORLD" THAT MINDS YOU ULTIMATELY PAYS THEIR SALARY!!!

It's not like we are asking them to "Storm the beaches of Normandy" 16 times a year.

Demonpenz
06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Thursday night College football gets me just a nice little appitizer for the football bonanza coming forth. I wouldn't mind Thursday night game. I really don't watch games other than the chiefs much. That 4 hours is plenty out of my week.

Old Dog
06-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Who swept the Chiefs last season. LMAO

BTW how many CFL games you ever sit and watch, oh thats right...you probably havent, which is why like Milksuds your talking out yer ass :)

Haven't you figured out yet how standings work???? You count ALL OF THEM. Of course most Raider fans can't count past six, so I guess that's why you're confused.

As for the CFL, if I wanted a game that's a pass 90% of the time, I would watch the arena league.

Go spackle yourself in a corner.

Over-Head
06-22-2011, 09:54 AM

Spackle !!! :eek: Now your just getting mean!! :cuss:

Predarat
06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
It screws up my fantasy teams so I vote no.

Lonewolf Ed
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey, how come there are no Canadian restaurants around here? I have looked and looked, but there isn't even one!

Dicky McElephant
06-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Fucking hate it.

All it is....is another excuse for them to televise another NFC East or AFC East game.

Hays
06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Depends

#1 Can't be on NFL network as I do not get
#2 Would have to be different teams throughout the year. Not just the big 6
#3 Not start after 8pm central time, that is just nuts.

Chief Roundup
06-22-2011, 11:25 AM
I hate the idea. I do not get NFL network. I bet that the NFL network would get all of the thursday night games.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
:whackit::whackit::whackit::whackit::whackit::whackit:I'm sure Jerruh is negotiating to stop the limit of Primetime games a team can have. Now America can get what it wants....16 'Boys games in Primetime

Valiant
06-22-2011, 11:41 AM
If all of them are on nfln then they can fuck off.the channel is garbage for the cost. Just another way for the league to push its so called value on.

Side note, it would make ff harder throughout the year in most leagues with those damn lockout rules.

HotRoute
06-22-2011, 11:43 AM
I actually think this would be a good idea. Although, as long as it is in primetime it will most likely use the big name teams or use division games/rivalry games draw an audience. The question then becomes what channel would it be on? NFLN, ESPN, CBS?

If this were to happen I have a feeling that it would go to the NFLN. But maybe they could swing a deal where NFLN keeps the holiday games and such and ESPN gets the games earlier in the season. Tough call but if it means more night games, I like it.

MahiMike
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Depends on whether they're showing all those Thursday nighters on NFLN or not. I don't have NFLN so if they're all on that channel I could care less. But if they're on a major network or ESPN, I'm all for it. It spreads another game out of Sunday, meaning more games I can watch. Hell, I'd like a Thursday nighter, Friday nighter, two Saturday games at 1 and 4, three Sunday games at 1, 4, and 8, and a Monday nighter. That would mean I can watch 8 games a week and over half the NFL teams.

Yeah, because football isn't saturated enough. Jeesh! I remember when MNF was special. Had to wait until hallftime to hear Cosell give the ONLY replays.

(in Dana Carvey old man voice)

That's all we got...

...and we liked it that way!

MahiMike
06-22-2011, 12:01 PM
I hate the idea. I do not get NFL network. I bet that the NFL network would get all of the thursday night games.

You KNOW they would. It's part of their 'insert more money' ideas on the table. I don't want to see football become pay per view.

Chief Roundup
06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
The question then becomes what channel would it be on? NFLN, ESPN, CBS?

Well I doubt that it would be on CBS, FOX, or ESPN. IIRC all of the Thursday Night games other than holiday games were on NFLN last season. Sunday Night went to NBC, which I believe is owned by ESPN, with the Monday Night game on ESPN.

bowener
06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
i dont mind those games around the holidays but they should be reserved for the most struggling markets.

It would be kind of cool if the NFL at least handed the Thursday Night games to teams that don't normally get to play at night. Obviously they should pick teams that don't blow dog cock (browns/bills/Bengals/NFC West/CAR), but giving games to KC/STL/TB/TEX, etc. would be kind of cool. They won't, we'll get 5 Cowboys games, but whatever... fuck them.

milkman
06-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Well I doubt that it would be on CBS, FOX, or ESPN. IIRC all of the Thursday Night games other than holiday games were on NFLN last season. Sunday Night went to NBC, which I believe is owned by ESPN, with the Monday Night game on ESPN.

You think ESPN owns NBC?

bowener
06-22-2011, 12:15 PM

I imagine they will be on NFLN. These games are probably being used as a chess piece in the NFL's on going battle with providers that want to charge customers for NFLN.

rocknrolla
06-22-2011, 12:27 PM

ABC owns ESPN.

alpha_omega
06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
If they are on a channel where i can see them: Good idea

if not....

Bad idea.

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Well I doubt that it would be on CBS, FOX, or ESPN. IIRC all of the Thursday Night games other than holiday games were on NFLN last season. Sunday Night went to NBC, which I believe is owned by ESPN, with the Monday Night game on ESPN.Seriously? You think ESPN owns NBC?

Why do people talk out of their ass like this?

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I work evenings, so this would suck.

Dicky McElephant
06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Seriously? You think ESPN owns NBC?

It's all the Jackass movie's fault.

Chief Roundup
06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Seriously? You think ESPN owns NBC?

Did you not read the "I Believe" part of that. Meaning I don't know for sure.

Why do people just want to attack others?

milkman
06-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Did you not read the "I Believe" part of that. Meaning I don't know for sure.

Why do people just want to attack others?

Because it's pretty common knowledge that ABC owns ESPN, and the fact that you don't know that is pretty sad.

Chief Roundup
06-22-2011, 12:49 PM
You think ESPN owns NBC?

Yeah I remember hearing that they were in Negotiations. But I guess it was the other way around. After some searching I see that Walt Disney and Hearst owns ESPN and ABC.

tooge
06-22-2011, 12:52 PM
If were talking one game on thursday night, then I'm all for it. It's one more game of my favorite sport to watch. Yeah, there will be some duds, but there are duds on sunday, sunday night, and monday night also. I think they could figure out reasonable scheduling with everyone having a bye week so that players aren't overplayed. I'm likin the idea. I hate when it gets dark at 5:30 and there isn't any football to watch tuesday through thursday. Get it done.

milkman
06-22-2011, 12:56 PM
If were talking one game on thursday night, then I'm all for it. It's one more game of my favorite sport to watch. Yeah, there will be some duds, but there are duds on sunday, sunday night, and monday night also. I think they could figure out reasonable scheduling with everyone having a bye week so that players aren't overplayed. I'm likin the idea. I hate when it gets dark at 5:30 and there isn't any football to watch tuesday through thursday. Get it done.

Personally, I hate the bye weeks that start as early as the third week of the season, and last until the 13th week.

I say get all the bye weeks in between week 7 and 11.

Give 1 division from each conference a bye each of those four weeks.

Chief Roundup
06-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Because it's pretty common knowledge that ABC owns ESPN, and the fact that you don't know that is pretty sad.

To each his own sad thing.
I think it is pretty sad that you don't have more of a life than to put up almost 50,000 posts on this BB.

No I don't pay attention to all the major companies and who they own. Or who owns them.

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Why do people just want to attack others?This is ChiefsPlanet. Its how we roll, Biotch!

milkman
06-22-2011, 01:02 PM
I think it is pretty sad that you don't have more of a life than to put up almost 50,000 posts on this BB.

No I don't pay attention to all the major companies and who they own. Or who owns them.

Who has to pay attention to all the major companies?

All one has to do to figure out that ABC and ESPN are tied together is pay attention to the fact that you see ESPN personalities doing sports on ABC.

It only reqires a minimal level of intelligence to put two and two together.

So we can put another two and two together and reach the obvious conclusion that you lack that minimal level of intelligence.

HotRoute
06-22-2011, 01:08 PM

you need to just stop right there buddy....

Chief Roundup
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Who has to pay attention to all the major companies?

All one has to do to figure out that ABC and ESPN are tied together is pay attention to the fact that you see ESPN personalities doing sports on ABC.

It only reqires a minimal level of intelligence to put two and two together.

So we can put another two and two together and reach the obvious conclusion that you lack that minimal level of intelligence.

I never have liked nor do I watch ABC. The only thing they have ever had that I watched was Monday Night Football.

Groves
06-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I work evenings, so this would suck.

esto.

ChiefsCountry
06-22-2011, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see NBC/Comcast bid with Versus to try get them the Thursday Night games.

alpha_omega
06-22-2011, 02:05 PM
This is ChiefsPlanet. Its how we roll, Biotch!

You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherf*****. Go back in there, chill them ******* out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly.

rocknrolla
06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Personally, I hate the bye weeks that start as early as the third week of the season, and last until the 13th week.

That's the smartest thing I have heard all day. :clap:

BossChief
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
One more game per week that the teams are less prepared to play due to short week.

Okie_Apparition
06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't see how the NFL will make much money airing it on their own network. When that network can't reach all households & their airtime could only draw crappy NAPA commercials, over & over again. Compared to other networks NFLN looks like a failure.

Rausch
06-22-2011, 02:39 PM
If it's on a major network and you don't need the NFLN perhaps.

Detoxing
06-22-2011, 02:41 PM
I hate the idea. Thursday night football just doesn't feel like football to me.

Dayze
06-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I hate the idea. Thursday night football just doesn't feel like football to me.

I feel the same way about field turf, domes, and the retarded PI & Don't Touch the QB rules.

JD10367
06-22-2011, 03:39 PM
One more game per week that the teams are less prepared to play due to short week.

But they get a longer week on the other end, which balances it out. I do think they should make it as fair as possible though and make sure any team that plays on Thursday has the same leadup to it (either they both played on Sunday, or both had a bye, whatever).

Ace Gunner
06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I like the playoffs because the games are on saturday also. they should do that instead of thursdays

RedNeckRaider
06-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Haven't you figured out yet how standings work???? You count ALL OF THEM. Of course most Raider fans can't count past six, so I guess that's why you're confused.

As for the CFL, if I wanted a game that's a pass 90% of the time, I would watch the arena league.

You can kiss my ass with that crap! I can count to 10 anytime and 20...err...21 when I am naked~

milkman
06-22-2011, 05:08 PM
I never have liked nor do I watch ABC. The only thing they have ever had that I watched was Monday Night Football.

So Chris Berman and Tom Jackson doing halftime shows didn't make stop and think?

Baconeater
06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
If all of them are on nfln then they can fuck off.the channel is garbage for the cost. Just another way for the league to push its so called value on.

Side note, it would make ff harder throughout the year in most leagues with those damn lockout rules.
If you have to pay extra for NFLN then blame your cable company.

listopencil
06-22-2011, 05:43 PM

I'd go a step further and say make a universal bye week. Eight games, bye week, eight games. It's not like we're suddenly going to lose interest in the NFL because it skips a weekend.

milkman
06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I'd go a step further and say make a universal bye week. Eight games, bye week, eight games. It's not like we're suddenly going to lose interest in the NFL because it skips a weekend.

Not going to lose interest, but I'd rather not go a week in the middle without.

I could get behind all byes in 2 weeks.