PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Aubrayo franklin NT

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Aubrayo Franklin - DL - 49ers
The 49ers expect free agent NT Aubrayo Franklin to leave for a mega contract on the open market, according to CSN Bay Area.

Previous reports suggested the Niners would at least make an attempt to re-sign Franklin, but they're already making "contingency plans" for his departure. In need of a prototypical run-plugger for their 3-4 defenses, the Redskins and Chiefs should be Franklin's primary suitors.
Source: CSN Bay Area
Jun 23, 1:51 PM

Okie_Apparition
06-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Eats tofu & wears fur

Dicky McElephant
Fuck no.

Mr. Laz
So dicey signing a big dollar NT like that. No telling what is going to happen to their effort level once they get paid.

KCrockaholic
06-23-2011, 01:38 PM
So dicey signing a big dollar NT like that. No telling what is going to happen to their effort level once they get paid.

The Chiefs have money to spend. He's not my first choice, but he's a huge upgrade over Edwards.

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
The Chiefs have money to spend. He's not my first choice, but he's a huge upgrade over Edwards.

I still wish we would trade Detroit for Sammie Lee Hill.

Saul Good
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM

Why is it dicey? We aren't exactly up against the salary cap.

Sofa King
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
I still wish we would trade Detroit for Sammie Lee Hill.

YEAH!!!!!!!!111!!

TRADE THEM DORSEY, WATER'S, VRABEL AND BRANDON FLOWER'S (CARR IS BETTER ANYWAY'S!!111!)

THEN SIGN ASOMUGHA IN FREE AGENCY FOR CHEAP BECAUSE HE WANT'S TO SIGN HERE TO STICK IT TO THE RAIDER'S CAUSE THERE STUPID.

THEN TRADE OUR 3RD ROUNDER FOR LARRY FITZGERALD.

SUPERBOWL CHAMPION'S!

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!111!!

TRADE THEM DORSEY, WATER'S, VRABEL AND BRANDON FLOWER'S (CARR IS BETTER ANYWAY'S!!111!)

THEN SIGN ASOMUGHA IN FREE AGENCY FOR CHEAP BECAUSE HE WANT'S TO SIGN HERE TO STICK IT TO THE RAIDER'S CAUSE THERE STUPID.

THEN TRADE OUR 3RD ROUNDER FOR LARRY FITZGERALD.

SUPERBOWL CHAMPION'S!

I hate you.

LMAO

Brock
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Why is it dicey? We aren't exactly up against the salary cap.

If you're interested in performance, it's dicey. I don't care about the money.

Huffman83
06-23-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd have no problem with it. But if there is a salary cap rule and KC has to spend money...why not invest more into the the DL? Even keeping Edwards you'd have Franklin, Powe, and Edwards w/ almost 1000 pounds of depth at the NT position. Not to mention if KC retains Smith as a DE/NT substitute.

Detoxing
06-23-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd be careful. Handing Franklin too many Franklins sounds like a bad idea.

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd have no problem with it. But if there is a salary cap rule and KC has to spend money...why not invest more into the the DL? Even keeping Edwards you'd have Franklin, Powe, and Edwards w/ almost 1000 pounds of depth at the NT position. Not to mention if KC retains Smith as a DE/NT substitute.

No way we keep 3 NTs on this roster.

Sofa King
06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I hate you.

LMAO

Had to be done.

Huffman83
06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I think they would if they were versatile enough.

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I'd like aubrayo here, but I think the chiefs have a good enough group right now. they should get a pass rusher instead. that and fitz. then they are good to go

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I'd like aubrayo here, but I think the chiefs have a good enough group right now. they should get a pass rusher instead. that and fitz. then they are good to go

:spock:

Seriously?

DJ's left nut
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Gotta spend some money to stay above the floor and he's probably the best option out there.

I like it. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it's not my cash and it won't cripple the franchise even if he busts.

I'd be in favor of it.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Gotta spend some money to stay above the floor and he's probably the best option out there.

I like it. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it's not my cash and it won't cripple the franchise even if he busts.

I'd be in favor of it.

This. The whole Niner team underachieved last year me thinks they quit on that dumbass coach.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2011, 02:18 PM
i'm not worry about Clark Hunt's money but If we sign him for big money then he will be on the roster for at least 3 years or so. Having a lazy POS at NT for 3 years until we cut him loose would suck.

I want the Chiefs to spend money too i'm just not so sure this is the right guy/position. The DL might be the worst FA success position in the NFL.

Pitt Gorilla
06-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Do you "overspend" since he's the only quality DT out there? I honestly don't know.

salame
06-23-2011, 02:19 PM
we are going to be WAY below the floor of the salary cap and he is much much better than ron edwards

Sofa King
06-23-2011, 02:20 PM

Seriously?

I TOLD YOU!!!!

FITZGERRALD WILL BE THE #2 WR BEHIND BALDWIN AND WE WILL WIN!

FRANKLIN SUCKS WE SHOULD START TANK TYLER AT NT, HES BIG AND WEIGHS MUCH!

WE NEED TO SIGN OSI FROM NYG TO BE OUR LINEBACKER TOO! HE'S GOOD AT RUN DEFENSE!

SUPER BOWL!

rocknrolla
06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Hell no! Once he get's paid he'll probably turn into another Haynsworth mess.

DJ's left nut
06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Hell no! Once he get's paid he'll probably turn into another Haynsworth mess.

Do we assume this just because he's fat?

Ted Washington was a fat guy for years and worked hard for all of them. What in Franklin's background as a player makes us believe he'll be a fat malcontent just because he gets a contract? Haynesworth had red flag after red flag; the guy was something of a bum before he got paid - most saw that coming.

Franklin OTOH seems like a solid soldier that's played hard his whole career. You're essentially suggesting that NTs should only come through the draft, no? Or that we should only get guys like Edwards who have no real track record of success at the position.

That's naive, IMO. You're not going to hit HRs on every draft pick and it's absurd to continue to let a 3-4 defense languish while you use pick after pick on NTs when you can roll the dice on a guy that appears to be a great fit for the team. Especially when you have to spend money.

salame
06-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I think Houston will try and sign him too honestly

HotRoute
06-23-2011, 02:53 PM
If we get him, I expect to see smith and Edwards as well as gilberry test the market.

salame
06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
gilberry isn't a nose tackle

BossChief
06-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Turns it up in contract year after being a below average player before that.

Seems like a Dan Snyder type of player, if you ask me.

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't understand why people would be against this. He is a stud, and you just don't find stud Nose Tackles in FA. Is he really that much worse than Ron Edwards?

Oh wait, HE WOULD STIFLE POWE'S DEVELOPMENT!!!!

salame
06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't know why we are even talking about this. We very rarely sign high profile free agents unless they are at the ends of their careers.

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know why we are even talking about this. We very rarely sign high profile free agents unless they are at the ends of their careers.

Um, Kendrell Bell.

Cave Johnson
06-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Pass, for the record. The Chiefs need to spend on retaining some of the studs they're developing, not some boom or bust 31 year old NT.

Um, Kendrell Bell.

As it turned out, he was near the end of his career.

salame
06-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Um, Kendrell Bell.

did you miss where I said very rarely?

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 03:38 PM
did you miss where I said very rarely?

Jerheme Urban.

BossChief
06-23-2011, 03:54 PM
TY LAW HAD LOTS OF GAS LEFT!

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Chris Chambers.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Franklin had 39 tackles which was 3rd amongest nose tackles last year. Let's not pretend the guy sucks.

RedThat
06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Turns it up in contract year after being a below average player before that.Seems like a Dan Snyder type of player, if you ask me.

Thats what concerns me about him. The guy can play. But, is it only when he wants to? Or did he really improve and step up his game. Is he for real? thats what I want to know.

I agree with what many say. He is an upgrade over Ron Edwards. No doubt about it.

We also don't know what we have yet in Jerrell Powe? It sure doesn't hurt to have enough big bodies in there and create more competition at NT either.

Aubrayo's ability to perform at a high level on a consistent basis remains in question. This is where the risk factor comes into play. It may be a risk worth taking? We have the cap space to sign him, plus there isn't really a wide variety of NT's to choose from in FA either. We are limited in that sense from upgrading that position. Lets not forget this guy contributed in helping Willis' game get better.

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 04:11 PM

Seriously?

ya. the NT position is by no means set or great, but they need a better pass rush a lot more if they want to take that next step forward as a better team. Houston is of interest for sure, I think that kid is gonna be a good player in the NFL, but he's on suspension. that'll fuck him up this year. so, what do the chiefs have at pass rush that they didn't have last season? eh. Scheffield is more a power rusher I'd expect to see during 3rd downs with Hali. Bailey? ya, maybe, but he's more a DE than a OLB I think.

they need another pass rush threat. they don't get enough pressure.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 04:12 PM
So whats the big deal here? The guy was 3rd in tackles at his position in what was considered a bad year for him. He'd be going to a better team with better coaching and filling a position that needs to be filled and money thats required to be spent? Whats the downside here?

Cave Johnson
06-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Franklin had 39 tackles which was 3rd amongest nose tackles last year. Let's not pretend the guy sucks.

And Edwards had 2 sacks to Franklin's 0.

Is Franklin a better run stopper, absolutely. But he's not worth breaking the bank over.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 04:17 PM
And Edwards had 2 sacks to Franklin's 0.

Is Franklin a better run stopper, absolutely. But he's not worth breaking the bank over.

Franklins lack of pass rushing skills are well documented but we don't need a pass rushing nose tackle we need a run stuffed which Franklin is. I don't want to lose to the Raiders again next year.

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
So whats the big deal here? The guy was 3rd in tackles at his position in what was considered a bad year for him. He'd be going to a better team with better coaching and filling a position that needs to be filled and money thats required to be spent? Whats the downside here?

the downside is they still get picked apart. they need pass rush

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
ya. the NT position is by no means set or great, but they need a better pass rush a lot more if they want to take that next step forward as a better team. Houston is of interest for sure, I think that kid is gonna be a good player in the NFL, but he's on suspension. that'll fuck him up this year. so, what do the chiefs have at pass rush that they didn't have last season? eh. Scheffield is more a power rusher I'd expect to see during 3rd downs with Hali. Bailey? ya, maybe, but he's more a DE than a OLB I think.

they need another pass rush threat. they don't get enough pressure.

On suspension? Let's see that link.

Cave Johnson
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Franklins lack of pass rushing skills are well documented but we don't need a pass rushing nose tackle we need a run stuffed which Franklin is. I don't want to lose to the Raiders again next year.

Step 1: Back up the Brinks truck to a 2 down player.
Step 2: ???????????????
Step 3: Profit.

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
On suspension? Let's see that link.

wait till he's employed

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
wait till he's employed

How is he going to get suspended when he hasn't even participated in a team practice yet?

Cave Johnson
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
wait till he's employed

Oh, you're going the aggressively retarded route, I see.

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
he failed his drug test at the NF of L combine... you guys follow this team? lol

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
he failed his drug test at the NF of L combine... you guys follow this team? lol

He can't get suspended for that.

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
wait till he's employed

Not going to happen.

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Whats the NF of L?

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh, you're going the aggressively retarded route, I see.

have someone check your IQ, I think it's low

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Says the guy who believes that Houston is going to get suspended once he inks his rookie contract. ROFL

Show me one time where that's happened in the NFL.

Cave Johnson
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM

As a business owner, are you usually this moronic?

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Step 1: Back up the Brinks truck to a 2 down player.
Step 2: ???????????????
Step 3: Profit.

I'm thinking you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Cave Johnson
06-23-2011, 04:29 PM

Says the person who posted this 2 days ago....

HBD all. my mom's 88 today. just got off the fone with her

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/failboat.jpg

Fail, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
Fail, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.
The Fail Boat soon will be making another run
The Fail Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.
Fail won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
Yes FAIL! It's FAIL!
Fail Boat soon will be making another run
The Fail Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.
Fail won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
It's Fail! It's FAIL! It's FAIL!
It's the Fail Boat-ah! It's the Fail Boat-ah!

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
pretty dramatic shit kiddies. if Houston plays all season, you all think he's gonna put up what the Chiefs need his first season? that would be awesome, but I wouldn't expect Houston puts up 8 - 10 sacks his rook season.

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 05:21 PM
pretty dramatic shit kiddies. if Houston plays all season, you all think he's gonna put up what the Chiefs need his first season? that would be awesome, but I wouldn't expect Houston puts up 8 - 10 sacks his rook season.

Well of course he won't be able to do that.....he'll be suspended.

BossChief
06-23-2011, 05:21 PM
and he is 31 years old and has had two decent years in his entire career.

Those hovered right above the possibility of a lucrative FA contract..

There are probably only a handful of football posters here that didnt know that...but apparently there is only one that thinks he will get suspended for it.

WTF is the National Football of League?

Brock
06-23-2011, 05:23 PM

Well, at least you dropped your idiotic "He's on suspension" nonsense.

BossChief
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM

So we should sign a guy that racked up 4 career sacks in 8 years to help remedy that?

LOL WUT

Mr. Laz
06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
i'm hoping that Powe brings the power/mass that we need to the middle of our Dline.

if he can just clog the middle on 1st,2nd and short yardage downs it will be fantastic.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 05:45 PM
and he is 31 years old and has had two decent years in his entire career.

Those hovered right above the possibility of a lucrative FA contract..

There are probably only a handful of football posters here that didnt know that...but apparently there is only one that thinks he will get suspended for it.

WTF is the National Football of League?

Defensive tackles last awhile the fuck you talking about?

Ace Gunner
06-23-2011, 06:27 PM
So we should sign a guy that racked up 4 career sacks in 8 years to help remedy that?

LOL WUT

ya, that's what I'm sayin' they need more production from the DL but they ain't gonna get it from NT.

but let the rulebook police think that, cuz they're idiots like that

oh and you better watch out for any slang around here the WUT police don't like that shit

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 06:30 PM
ya, that's what I'm sayin' they need more production from the DL but they ain't gonna get it from NT.

oh and you better watch out for any slang around here the WUT police don't like that shit

Exactly what slang did you use there, retard?

KurtCobain
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
gilberry isn't a nose tackle

Asamoah isn't a nose tackle

Detoxing
06-23-2011, 07:13 PM

Not trying to be a dick, but you really need to brush up on your football IQ.

BossChief
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
WUT the Fuck?

milkman
06-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Defensive tackles last awhile the **** you talking about?

He's talking about the fact thatFranklin has been an underachiever except in contract years.

That, however, may be due, in part, to the fact that he was a back up in Baltimore, and he did actually have 3 solid seasons in SF.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 09:41 PM
He's talking about the fact thatFranklin has been an underachiever except in contract years.

That, however, may be due, in part, to the fact that he was a back up in Baltimore, and he did actually have 3 solid seasons in SF.

So whats your take on Franklin?

milkman
06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
So whats your take on Franklin?

There are signs that he may only be motivated by the dollar sign, but given his history, there's no way to be certain.

He may well have simply needed the chance to start.

I have, however, always been leary of signing interior D-Linemen in free agency.

There does seem to be a higher failure rate than most other positions.

But given that the Chiefs are likely going to have to spend 20 mil or more to reach the cap floor, it might be worth the risk.

milkman
06-23-2011, 09:50 PM

If things go as they appear to be going in the negotiations, the Chiefs are going to have to spend a butt load of money to reach the salary floor as it's being proposed.

cabletech94
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Asamoah isn't a nose tackleYET.

fyp, braugh.

Bump
06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
NO

I don't think it's EVER worked out well when a NT gets a huge contract. Well, it's worked out, but it's like 1 out of 10 times.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-23-2011, 10:14 PM
DON'T LET EDGERTON HARTWELL GET AWAY THIS TIME!!!!! 48 HOURS!!!

Just Passin' By
06-23-2011, 10:23 PM
NO

I don't think it's EVER worked out well when a NT gets a huge contract. Well, it's worked out, but it's like 1 out of 10 times.

Where did you come up with this theory?

BossChief
06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Give him a 2 year deal thats painted as a 5 year one and hope for the best.

One things for sure. We have quite possibly the best guy in the business in Romeo Crennel to help make the judgement call on this player. He has been coaching defenses and more specifically defensive lines of 3-4 defenses for the better part of 40 years and is probably the best guy out there in that respect.

If we do end up signing Franklin, there should be reason for optimism.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Give him a 2 year deal thats painted as a 5 year one and hope for the best.

One things for sure. We have quite possibly the best guy in the business in Romeo Crennel to help make the judgement call on this player. He has been coaching defenses and more specifically defensive lines of 3-4 defenses for the better part of 40 years and is probably the best guy out there in that respect.

If we do end up signing Franklin, there should be reason for optimism.

Exactly! Well said my friend.

BossChief
06-23-2011, 11:08 PM
The 49ers rush defense has been pretty good the last three years both in yards allowed per rush. That is a huge indicator of quality play from the teams NT, surely more important than individual tackle statistics.
2007 3.8 ypc (4th in NFL)
2008 3.8 ypc (8th in NFL)
2009 3.6 ypc (3rd in NFL)
2010 3.5 ypc (2nd in NFL)

The year before he got there the 49ers rush defense allowed per attempt was ranked 14th at 4.1 ypca.

Of course, he came to the 49ers the same time as Patrick Willis so the improvement should be shared, but the NT is the most important piece to that puzzle because the whole defense usually keys off the movement of the nose guard. Including Willis.

I just dont think he is a guy that we will feel comfortable in signing to a deal that marries us to him via contract and I bet Dan Snyder would.

Brock
06-23-2011, 11:16 PM
49ers rush defense stats are going to be dubious IMO. Good rushing offenses tore their asses up, luckily they play in a crap division.

BossChief
06-23-2011, 11:36 PM
besides us, who else "tore their asses up"?

To my knowledge, they didn't give up a 100 yard rusher all year.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 11:50 PM
The 49ers rush defense has been pretty good the last three years both in yards allowed per rush. That is a huge indicator of quality play from the teams NT, surely more important than individual tackle statistics.
2007 3.8 ypc (4th in NFL)
2008 3.8 ypc (8th in NFL)
2009 3.6 ypc (3rd in NFL)
2010 3.5 ypc (2nd in NFL)

The year before he got there the 49ers rush defense allowed per attempt was ranked 14th at 4.1 ypca.

Of course, he came to the 49ers the same time as Patrick Willis so the improvement should be shared, but the NT is the most important piece to that puzzle because the whole defense usually keys off the movement of the nose guard. Including Willis.

I just dont think he is a guy that we will feel comfortable in signing to a deal that marries us to him via contract and I bet Dan Snyder would.

Patrick Willis helps but Franklin is a good nose tackle. Seriously if we have to spend 20 million he's the first player we should target.

BossChief
06-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Patrick Willis helps but Franklin is a good nose tackle. Seriously if we have to spend 20 million he's the first player we should target.

Id have him as #5 or 6...

1) Hali
2) Bowe
3) Flowers
4) Carr
5) Breaston
6) Franklin
7) Ryan Harris
8) Michael Bush

Id like the message to be "we are gonna get our own guys taken care of before we start looking for other teams players to fill things out."

You have to let future draft picks know that hard work and a team attitude will get you paid in KC.

Also, as it sits, we have to spend a lot more than 20 million to get to the proposed 90% floor.

ChiefGator
06-24-2011, 05:52 AM
The DL might be the worst FA success position in the NFL.

Post Reggie White maybe... although the Bucs picking up an older Simeon Rice worked well for them as well.

ChiefGator
06-24-2011, 06:01 AM

1) Hali
2) Bowe
3) Flowers
4) Carr
5) Breaston
6) Franklin
7) Ryan Harris
8) Michael Bush

Nice list. I certainly agree completely with 1-4.

Dicky McElephant
06-24-2011, 10:27 AM

1) Hali
2) Bowe
3) Flowers
4) Carr
5) Breaston
6) Franklin
7) Ryan Harris
8) Michael Bush

Id like the message to be "we are gonna get our own guys taken care of before we start looking for other teams players to fill things out."

You have to let future draft picks know that hard work and a team attitude will get you paid in KC.

Also, as it sits, we have to spend a lot more than 20 million to get to the proposed 90% floor.

I'm taking Bowe off of that list because I think they want to see another consistent year out of him.

1) Hali
2) Flowers
3) Carr
4) Michael Bush
5) Ryan Harris
6) Drew Stanton

Trade for Sammie Lee Hill.

BossChief
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Seriously, I would probably send two first round picks to Baltimore and pull the brinks truck up to Ngatas front yard before I would sign Franklin.

IMO that would be well worth it.

Easy 6
06-25-2011, 12:40 AM
I TOLD YOU!!!!

FITZGERRALD WILL BE THE #2 WR BEHIND BALDWIN AND WE WILL WIN!

FRANKLIN SUCKS WE SHOULD START TANK TYLER AT NT, HES BIG AND WEIGHS MUCH!

WE NEED TO SIGN OSI FROM NYG TO BE OUR LINEBACKER TOO! HE'S GOOD AT RUN DEFENSE!

SUPER BOWL!

Many LMAO's

Easy 6
06-25-2011, 01:08 AM
I will bet my soul against the Devil himself that theres a younger, hungrier, meaner guy out there somewhere who can rush & tackle circles around Franklin... he should be stolen from another teams practice squad asap for less.

Depth & dominance at that position is critical, of course, but lets hold the reins on spending wherever possible when it comes to hit & miss vets looking for a payday... my money says Romeo & the scouts can find an up & comer much cheaper with more mileage left & passion for the game in his young career.

BREAK THE BANK for a proven cant miss, but Aubrayo isnt exactly that, he's uneven across his career.

Spend Big Money on Big Players, not decent ones hoping their rarity brings a windfall.