PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFLPA tells players deal isn't close

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Source: NFLPA* tells players that a deal isnít close

Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT

Getty Images
And just as all signs and momentum were pointing toward the looming resolution of the lockout via a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the weekly blast of ice water has arrived.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, NFLPA* executive director DeMaurice Smith told the players, ďDonít believe the hype.Ē Smith also said that a deal isnít close.

Now, itís possible that this is part of an effort to reduce the perception that an agreement soon will be reached. If enough players come to that conclusion, the NFL could choose to take a hard line on one or more of the remaining issues, forcing the NFLPA* to have to choose between conceding the point or killing a deal that the players think is done.

The fact that the news cuts against everything that has been reported, and everything that weíve been hearing, makes us think/hope that Smith is simply trying to get the players not to believe that a deal is coming soon, even if it possibly is.

Either way, they need to keep working, every day and around the clock, if they plan to get a deal done in time to salvage all or part of the preseason. And if itís true that a deal isnít close, then the itís even more important for the parties to continue meeting on a daily basis until the deal is done.

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey De Smith.......go fuck yourself.

Okie_Apparition
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm working hard so every pot has a chicken & every garage has a hummer. I'm worth the money you invested in me, believe that

HotRoute
06-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I believe nothing until this crap is over

Three7s
06-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Big surprise.

How about we just find some way to lift the lockout, have our fucking season, get rid of DeFaggotice Smith, then get the deal done. Nothing is gonna get done with him screwing shit up.

Detoxing
06-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey De Smith.......go **** yourself.

Ahem.

This one.

DJ's left nut
06-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I figured Smith would do something to fuck it up.

I guess $2.4 million doesn't get you as much as it used to.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
God dammit!

vailpass
06-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Ahem.

This one.

Yep. Hiring a pure attorney who has never played the game gets them exactly this.

Ebolapox
06-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I've hated De Smith since he became the head of the nflpa. he just strikes me as a douchetard.

Just Passin' By
06-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Smith's not saying anything the owners haven't already said within the past couple of weeks, so I don't see the big deal.

vailpass
06-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Smith's not saying anything the owners haven't already said within the past couple of weeks, so I don't see the big deal.

Keep passin' by.

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Labor talks did not go real well today. But bad from today could be good later. Because the sides are now dealing with the critical issues.

KC Tattoo
06-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I believe nothing until this crap is over

This! Or when the fat lady sings.

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Kietzman: NFL Talks 'Positive'
According to Kevin's sources, the NFL labor talks aren't doom and gloom anymore, and are moving at a nice, promising pace. Kevin's Take

ROFL

Guru
06-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Go fuck yourself NFLPA

Rooster
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
AdamSandlerAdam Sandler

What-what happens is, the-the-the center has-has the ball first. And-and-and the quarterback will say, "Hike." That's when the c-center puts the ball in-into the hands of the quarterback. So what I do is, I-I start tacklin' the quarterback, unless he give the ball to-to s-somebody else, in which case, I-I try to tackle that person.

chiefqueen
06-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Kietzman: NFL Talks 'Positive'
According to Kevin's sources, the NFL labor talks aren't doom and gloom anymore, and are moving at a nice, promising pace. Kevin's Take

ROFL

...do we really want to believe KK's "sources"?

Chocolate Hog
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
AlbertBreer And sorry for everyone I confused earlier. Again, deal is NOT "close" b/c there are hurdles left. But it is "within striking distance". ...
about 1 hour ago via web
Reply Retweet

Orly?