PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues The price of oil and speculators..

petegz28
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
So yesterday was a targeted jab at speculators. You know, the people who are being blamed for the high price of oil??

The irony of this is the same people who are blaming speculators for high oil prices and targeting them to get them off the long side of the trade will absolutely depend on them being on the short side of the trade to help drive prices down.

I think it funny that out of one side of their mouth people scold and blame speculators for high oil prices but out of the other side will encourage them to continue their speculation but only to the down side.

HonestChieffan
06-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Those who blame speculators have no clue what one is and what they do or how they do it. The masses are easily confused.

petegz28
06-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Those who blame speculators have no clue what one is and what they do or how they do it. The masses are easily confused.

This is exactly right. Professional speculators will play the side the trend favors. They don't create the situation, they merely react to the data that is presented to them.

KC native
06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
If we're being honest here (which is something you're capable of sometimes :p), speculators aka big trading desks do have a reasonable share of blame.

Futures markets are fucked right now.

The Mad Crapper
06-24-2011, 04:36 PM
If we're being honest here (which is something you're capable of sometimes :p), speculators aka big trading desks do have a reasonable share of blame.

Futures markets are ****ed right now.

El Mas Chingon!

http://www.iaza.com/work/110624C/iaza18719598992200.gif

Simplex3
06-24-2011, 05:36 PM
El Mas Chingon!..

Further evidence of your well thought out and reasoned positions.

petegz28
06-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Why? Because they are taking advantage of the current economy conditions by placing their money in oil? You know as well as I do trading desks don't buy oil contracts unless there is a reason. That reason being the weak $. It's a smart move and you know that too.

The Mad Crapper
06-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Further evidence of your well thought out and reasoned positions.

Shyeah like I give a shit what you think

LMAO

Fake phoney asshole

FD
06-25-2011, 11:14 AM

Who cares whats going on in the futures market? The price of oil that matters is the spot price, which is determined by physical supply and physical demand, not how many people are betting on the future price.

alnorth
06-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Blaming oil speculation for rising or falling prices, whether or not it is fair or accurate, is useless because there's nothing we can do about it. The US cant stop or significantly control oil speculation even if they wanted to, it would just move offshore. Oil is a world market.

If the speculators are wrong on the way up and it turns into an oil bubble, they will eventually lose their ass when the prices crash back to earth, probably lower than it otherwise would have been thanks to the speculators encouraging supply.

Stewie
06-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Release more pasta from the reserves!!!!

Maybe the Italians will release pasta from their strategic stockpile in a vain attempt to hold down the cost on angle hair and penne.

It will work as poorly as the release of oil to try and control the oil price.

Pasta Price May Jump as North Dakota Durum Floods Boost Campbell’s Costs

KC native
06-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Who cares whats going on in the futures market? The price of oil that matters is the spot price, which is determined by physical supply and physical demand, not how many people are betting on the future price.

Futures affect spot immensely. Contango/Backwardation affect pricing trends.

FD
06-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Futures affect spot immensely. Contango/Backwardation affect pricing trends.

Futures can only affect spot if they change the physical supply or physical demand that the spot is based on. If oil firms are storing up oil in inventories rather than selling it, its not the guy buying the futures fault, its the oil hoarders fault.

Hog Farmer
06-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Why? Because they are taking advantage of the current economy conditions by placing their money in oil? You know as well as I do trading desks don't buy oil contracts unless there is a reason. That reason being the weak $. It's a smart move and you know that too.

You fucking moron, speculators do drive the markets whether it be up or down, they take ALL the ACTUAL supply and demand equations out of reality. They do what generates them money and fuck everybody else. I've watched it since September of 07 and they need to all be shot. You are wrong !

Hog Farmer
06-25-2011, 07:31 PM

Wrong again!

petegz28
06-25-2011, 07:48 PM
You ****ing moron, speculators do drive the markets whether it be up or down, they take ALL the ACTUAL supply and demand equations out of reality. They do what generates them money and **** everybody else. I've watched it since September of 07 and they need to all be shot. You are wrong !

How do you really feel about it, HF?

Speculators do not take supply and demand out of the equation. They trade based on supply and demand. They trade based on the data that is presented. Weak $ = buy commodities. Oil being a part of that complex. If the oil companies started selling oil, I mean physical supplies, meaning there is an over-supply, traders would sell along with it. They don't have the power to rig the market.

HonestChieffan
06-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Speculators do not take supply and demand out of the equation. They trade based on supply and demand. They trade based on the data that is presented. Weak $ = buy commodities. Oil being a part of that complex. If the oil companies started selling oil, I mean physical supplies, meaning there is an over-supply, traders would sell along with it. They don't have the power to rig the market.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell them that

Hog Farmer
06-25-2011, 09:31 PM

BULLSHIT! Back in 08 I heard inside information that Goldman Sachs was going to move corn 80 cents within 7 days and fucking guess what . It moved exactly 80 fucking cents. They manipulate it to make themselves money. It's the fucked up world we live in. Corn has tripled in price from 2.50 a bushel to 7.50 a bushel and we have NEVER,NEVER,NEVER been out of corn from demand. They have used the Ethanol industry to their advantage just like they used Libya. I don't really care what you think because I live with it EVERY day. I watch it EVERY day. When you throw a billion dollars into a market it moves.

Mr. Kotter
06-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Speculators are at least a big part of the problem; at the very least, they like to suck "I is gonna make me some big money! Screw the average Joe" penis. Even average Joe large penises.

Just sayin'. :shrug:

go bowe
06-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Speculators are at least a big part of the problem; at the very least, they like to suck "I is gonna make me some big money! Screw the average Joe" penis. Even average Joe large penises.

Just sayin'. :shrug:

hmmmm...

you seem preoccupied with penises tonight...

nttawwt...

HonestChieffan
06-26-2011, 07:03 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-alqD-9LN4o8/Tgcgp5SuygI/AAAAAAAAxt8/JNBaCe_5fQU/s400/theo5.gif

JimBaker48.8
06-26-2011, 11:10 AM
OK, so what if we have a big, bad-azz Cat 5 come into the Gulf this summer (yea, it is hurricane season again), and it knocks out a big hunk of the storage/refining capacity on the LA-TX coastline and/or sinks some big producing off-shore riggs and we have a real shortage of crude, and therefor really need the strategic reserve to fill the shortage but find out there's none left because Obama used it all to get his poll-numbers back up ?

HonestChieffan
06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
OK, so what if we have a big, bad-azz Cat 5 come into the Gulf this summer (yea, it is hurricane season again), and it knocks out a big hunk of the storage/refining capacity on the LA-TX coastline and/or sinks some big producing off-shore riggs and we have a real shortage of crude, and therefor really need the strategic reserve to fill the shortage but find out there's none left because Obama used it all to get his poll-numbers back up ?

Easy, that would be Bush's fault. He hates Black people and controls hurricanes. Any fool knows that.