PDA

View Full Version : Life Death Star Destroys Enterprise

Pages : [1] 2

bevischief
06-25-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpztVZWC_hk

I thought this was pretty clever, and gave me a good chuckle.

KCrockaholic
06-25-2011, 01:05 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TpztVZWC_hk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Embed is best.

Infidel Goat
06-25-2011, 01:35 PM
meh

wazu
06-25-2011, 01:38 PM
meh

Yep. Oh, and BTW you are only two "mehs" away from meh #1,000.

Predarat
06-25-2011, 01:51 PM
hahahha that was good.

loochy
06-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah!?!?! Well the Death Star can't destroy THIS Enterprise!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hNxhrPaaCA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-25-2011, 03:04 PM
And the whole world celebrated.

KCrockaholic
06-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Yep. Oh, and BTW you are only two "mehs" away from meh #1,000.

He's almost to Mecca level.

threebag
06-25-2011, 03:11 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxJdGU0a_dKmg5VR07mtqWV_njgof2Mfst2MSmjxw6Xcicf57z

WOAH
He said Captains log

threebag
06-25-2011, 03:19 PM
meh

Meh

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 03:28 PM
That's horribly canonically inaccurate.

1. The Death Star could never achieve that low an orbit
2. The Enterprise is NOT capable of passing through a planet's atmosphere.
3. If this is an invasion of Starfleet (which is based in San Francisco), I laugh at the notion that an Imperial shuttle, much less a bunch of stormtroopers and an AT-ST, could get on the ground and get organized. Starfleet security would be on them in an instant.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-25-2011, 03:29 PM

3. If this is an invasion of Starfleet (which is based in San Francisco), I laugh at the notion that an Imperial shuttle, much less a bunch of stormtroopers and an AT-ST, could get on the ground and get organized. Starfleet security would be on them in an instant.

Really?

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Really?

The Intrepid class - seen in the smash-hit TV series Voyager - was the first Federation starship to be capable of subatmospheric flight and landing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-25-2011, 03:49 PM
The Intrepid class - seen in the smash-hit TV series Voyager - was the first Federation starship to be capable of subatmospheric flight and landing.

I thought they just invented transporter-tech as a way to efficiently get them from ship to planet, and to save money on special FX back in the day.

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 03:51 PM

WRONG.

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 03:52 PM
I thought they just invented transporter-tech as a way to efficiently get them from ship to planet, and to save money on special FX back in the day.

That's correct, Roddenberry originally wanted the Enterprise to land on planets but the cost of the sets was going to be too expensive.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 03:57 PM
WRONG.

Oh?

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh?

You have no clue if that is correct or not... you assume it... and in this case you are wrong. There are plenty of instances of Federation ships being capable of atmospheric flight. I have no clue on landings... but if you can achieve atmospheric flight, you can land... you just may never take off again.

Here we have the Enterprise in a planetoid's atmosphere...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070606192625/startrek/images/2/21/Enterprise_reentry.jpg

AND if you notice the recent Star Trek movie has the Enterprise being built on Earth... (although that is just silly)

My point is, the Star Trek universe is far from consistent and for you to act is if you are an authority on a topic that has no true consensus... is just stupid.

Sassy Squatch
06-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Pwned much?

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Here we have the Enterprise in a planetoid's atmosphere...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070606192625/startrek/images/2/21/Enterprise_reentry.jpg

Comic books do not count.

None of the Enterprises were designed to be flown within a Planet's atmosphere. They did not have anti-gravity generators like Voyager.

In the context of this video, CERTAINLY the Enterprise A was not capable of hovering over the bay in San Francisco.

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 04:12 PM

On a side note, as someone who went to U-M for Aerospace Engineering... I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning for why the Enterprise can't fly through a planet's atmosphere?

Heat from atmospheric friction? Yet they can fly within the sun's corona?

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Comic books do not count.

None of the Enterprises were designed to be flown within a Planet's atmosphere. They did not have anti-gravity generators like Voyager.

In the context of this video, CERTAINLY the Enterprise A was not capable of hovering over the bay in San Francisco.

HAHAHAHA, ok #1 that was an official comic... so why doesn't it count? Cuz you and your fellow Trekkers decide it doesn't? So Gene Roddenberry's idea that it could land on planets doesn't count?

So it can't hover... gotcha... now, please tell me why.

Exactly how do the impulse engines work?

You're out of your element here Donnie.

The fact is, it's all complete fairy tale BAD SCIENCE and to say it can't hover in the atmosphere is just as much BS as to say it can... so don't act like you know shit about it.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning for why the Enterprise can't fly through a planet's atmosphere?

How are they going to resist gravity? The fucking thing isn't designed to fly. It's not aerodynamic at all. It's designed to sit in zero G and thrust forward.

ChiefGator
06-25-2011, 04:18 PM

The E-model does. It even has little retractable feet to land on.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
HAHAHAHA, ok #1 that was an official comic... so why doesn't it count?

Comic books are not canon and never have been.

Canon states the Enterprise was not designed to fly within an atmosphere.

You lose.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
The E-model does. It even has little retractable feet to land on.

You idiot. That's Voyager.

sd4chiefs
06-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Sheldon agrees

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Comic books are not canon and never have been.

You lose.

HAHAHAHA You are a fucking moron. Canon as decided by who? Certainly not Gene Rodenberry... but I guess he didn't get to set the canon, instead you and your jerk buddies get to set what is official "canon".

So your argument is basically... I DECIDE WHAT IS CANON AND THEREFORE YOU ARE WRONG!

Pathetic.

4th and Long
They did not have anti-gravity generators like Voyager.
Anti-grav is to keep you from floating all over the ship and has zero to do with flying through the atmosphere. In a TOS epislde, the Enterprise goes back in time and is spotted by a piolet, in the amosphere. Dont recall th name of the episode but Teri Garr was featured.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefGator
You idiot. That's Voyager.

No, the Voyager is the Intriped class.. idiot.

Lex Luthor

Link?

|Zach|
06-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Dork fight aside the production value of that vid was pretty cool.

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Anti-grav is to keep you from floating all over the ship and has zero to do with flying through the atmosphere. In a TOS epislde, the Enterprise goes back in time and is spotted by a piolet, in the amosphere. Dont recall th name of the episode but Teri Garr was featured.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tomorrow is Yesterday is one where they are spotted by a jet.

The Terri Garr one was another time travel one which was supposed to be a pilot for a spinoff that never happened...Assignment:Earth was the episode.

Just to be clear, I am looking these up.. I don't have this crap memorized.

Gonzo
06-25-2011, 04:28 PM
HAHAHAHA, ok #1 that was an official comic... so why doesn't it count? Cuz you and your fellow Trekkers decide it doesn't? So Gene Roddenberry's idea that it could land on planets doesn't count?

The fact is, it's all complete fairy tale BAD SCIENCE and to say it can't hover in the atmosphere is just as much BS as to say it can... so don't act like you know shit about it.
LMAO
You pick interesting things to be passionate about...
Posted via Mobile Device

4th and Long
06-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Tomorrow is Yesterday
Thanks, Boss. That's the one.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Clayton.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
HAHAHAHA You are a fucking moron. Canon as decided by who?

By the writers of the TV shows and movies.

You lose.

AustinChief
LMAO
You pick interesting things to be passionate about...
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha, yeah I just take offence to some basement dwelling geek trying to assert his authority on a subject that is made up silliness to begin with.

Hammock Parties
No, the Voyager is the Intriped class.. idiot.

Yes, and it has the little sets of landing gear.

The Enterprise E does not.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Ha, yeah I just take offence to some basement dwelling geek trying to assert his authority on a subject that is made up silliness to begin with.

offence? What are you, brittish?

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Anti-grav is to keep you from floating all over the ship and has zero to do with flying through the atmosphere.

The reason Voyager can fly through the atmosphere and land is anti-gravity generators.

Braincase
06-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Captain Kirk would transport onto the unshielded Death Star right by the vent, shove a photon torpedo into Darth Vader's giant black sphincter and transport back. Engage, make it so, game over...

ChiefGator
06-25-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.sfol.net/enterprise/history.html

Says right here it lands....

:: chuckle ::

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
By the writers of the TV shows and movies.

You lose.

Again you are wrong .. as always... in what episode/movie did they SPECIFICALLY SAY that the Enterprise CAN NOT fly in the atmosphere. You can probably show all sorts of evidence which let's you INFER that that is the case... but I want specifics. You don't have them. So don't act as if you do.

Maybe it is extremely dangerous for the Enterprise to do so... maybe it requires extreme amounts of energy... any number of make believe reasons can be inserted for why it isn't shown in the TV shows or movies.

AND if we go by movies... the most recent movie has the Enterprise BUILT on Earth... how exactly did it then get into space? TugBoat?

4th and Long
06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Austin is right, you ARE an idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:37 PM
http://www.sfol.net/enterprise/history.html

Says right here it lands....

:: chuckle ::

Not seen in a movie, not canon.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Again you are wrong .. as always... in what episode/movie did they SPECIFICALLY SAY that the Enterprise CAN NOT fly in the atmosphere.

Unless it is seen or referenced in a tv show or movie, it's not possible within the universe.

Simple. As. That.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Captain Kirk would transport onto the unshielded Death Star right by the vent, shove a photon torpedo into Darth Vader's giant black sphincter and transport back. Engage, make it so, game over...

Please. Vader would sense him coming before he even knew it.

Gonzo
06-25-2011, 04:40 PM

It's cool. I find this whole discussion fascinating. I really do.
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Unless it is seen or referenced in a tv show or movie, it's not possible within the universe.

Simple. As. That.

Gotcha.. so by that logic, in no show or movie is anyone shown to poop... therefore pooping is not possible in the Star Trek Universe. I never saw anyone hula hoop either... must be impossible. I don't recall seeing anyone run a 4 minute mile in the show... must also be impossible!

Go masturbate to your poster of Uhura and quit making yourself look even dumber.

You're grasping at weak straws at this point.

rocknrolla
06-25-2011, 04:45 PM

And I thought my life was f***ing pathetic!

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Gotcha.. so by that logic, in no show or movie is anyone shown to poop... therefore pooping is not possible in the Star Trek Universe.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/misshannahglenda/Downriver%20Vocab%203/spock.jpg?t=1255823599

The Enterprise bathroom is shown on a diagram of the ship in one episode, therefore it is logical to conclude that pooping is possible in the Star Trek universe.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 05:05 PM
I've just been notified of a fourth canonical inaccuracy in this video: the superlaser beam would have destroyed earth, not just the enterprise.

Awful.

milkman
06-25-2011, 05:12 PM
With the number of Star Trek threads we've seen recently, we should just rename this place "Star Fleet Command".

mikey23545
06-25-2011, 05:20 PM
With the number of Star Trek threads we've seen recently, we should just rename this place "Star Fleet Command".

It's more like an Orion slave trading colony with Gochiefs painted green and dancing sensuously while trying to seduce a crowd of geeks...

milkman
06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
It's more like an Orion slave trading colony with Gochiefs painted green and dancing sensuously while trying to seduce a crowd of geeks...

Oh thanks.

We really needed that visual.

:cuss:

Braincase
06-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Please. Vader would sense him coming before he even knew it.

He never sensed Han Solo sneaking up behind him and blasting his ass with the Millenium Falcon. No metaclorians, no detecto.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 05:45 PM
He never sensed Han Solo sneaking up behind him and blasting his ass with the Millenium Falcon. No metaclorians, no detecto.

That's because he was concentrated on Luke.

Jedi can detect life of ANY kind in their vicinity.

Besides, Kirk wouldn't even know where to put a torpedo...no schematics.

ALSO, I know you are not very bright, but that's clearly the second Death Star, and the only way to destroy it is to fly into the superstructure, into the center of the reactor.

Kirk is fucked.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 05:54 PM
That's because he was concentrated on Luke.

Jedi can detect life of ANY kind in their vicinity.

Besides, Kirk wouldn't even know where to put a torpedo...no schematics.

ALSO, I know you are not very bright, but that's clearly the second Death Star, and the only way to destroy it is to fly into the superstructure, into the center of the reactor.

Kirk is fucked.

Kirk would have beamed directly to the core, fucked a hot imperial officer, then planted a carbonite bomb

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Kirk would have beamed directly to the core, fucked a hot imperial officer, then planted a carbonite bomb

Completely implausible.

milkman
06-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Kirk would have beamed directly to the core, ****ed a hot imperial officer, then planted a carbonite bomb

Thought fucking the imperial officer was planting the carbonite bomb.

Bowser
06-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Completely implausible.

Bullshit. I can hear that dramatic TOS music playing as I visualize it.

Braincase
06-25-2011, 06:31 PM
ALSO, I know you are not very bright, but that's clearly the second Death Star.

You are only capable of arguing one side of the argument due to your lack of knowledge on ST. Go back and take a look at Star Trek: TOS: Episode 19 "Tomorrow is Yesterday". The Enterprise is CLEARLY flying in the atmosphere, clearly visible by an American fighter jet, that being the key plot in the story.

The technology of ST takes the technology of SW, bends it over, and ass fucks it dry. You grew up with Star Wars, so that's what you know. You go read every ST book, everything David Weber has written, everything Jack Campbell has written, everything Asimov and Clarke has written, and then you might be able to converse intelligently with me about sci-fi. Right now I'm into the 11th book on the Posleen invasion by John Ringo.

The fact of the matter is, kid, you can't even get into the room, let alone sit at the adults table.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Bullshit. I can hear that dramatic TOS music playing as I visualize it.

This is the only music that will be playing:

http://youtu.be/_dnZHea_TI0?t=5m10s

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 06:37 PM
The technology of ST takes the technology of SW, bends it over, and ass fucks it dry. You grew up with Star Wars, so that's what you know.

Incorrect on all counts. I also grew up on Star Trek and it was, in fact, my first love. I have a shelf full of Star Trek books.

And what does technology have to do with anything? Tell me how Kirk is going to fly into the superstructure of the Death Star. How is he even going to know what to do?

He's fucked.

Braincase
06-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Incorrect on all counts. I also grew up on Star Trek and it was, in fact, my first love. I have a shelf full of Star Trek books.

And what does technology have to do with anything? Tell me how Kirk is going to fly into the superstructure of the Death Star. How is he even going to know what to do?

He's ****ed.

SENSORS DUMBASS!

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 06:43 PM

He's fucked.

Why would he need to fly anywhere? BEAM a photon torpedo (or whatever Star Trek bomb device thingy you choose) directly into the core of the partially completed and unshielded DeathStar.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 06:44 PM
SENSORS DUMBASS!

Star Wars ships have sensors, too. They still needed the plans to know where to go.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Why would he need to fly anywhere? BEAM a photon torpedo (or whatever Star Trek bomb device thingy you choose) directly into the core of the partially completed and unshielded DeathStar.

How would they know where to beam it?

And why would they even attack first?

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Star Wars ships have sensors, too. They still needed the plans to know where to go.

No, they need the "plans" because Lucas is a hack writer and possibly a full on retard. For God's sake he is too dumb to be able to tell the difference between a unit of distance vs a unit of time.

Lucas is a moron... accept it.

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 06:50 PM

hmm how would they know? How do they know where to beam things onto a planet they have never visited? Into a ship they have never been on before?

Why would they attack? Are you as retarded as George Lucas? If an unidentified plane flies into American airspace and refuses to identify itself or be escorted to a secure landing... you don't think we would shoot it down? Why would it be any different for the Federation?

Braincase
06-25-2011, 06:55 PM

As they didn't have any shields, you could put together a pretty good spread of photon torpedos together, transport them inside the superstructure, and watch the fireworks. Oh, and as Montgomery Scott, with help from an elderly Spock, figured out how to transport to and from transwarp facilities, they could manage all of it on the way to Risa for an orgy. Bring your own horga'hn.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 06:56 PM

He's fucked.

Shuttlecraft

And of course he'll know what to do, he's James T Kirk

Loving the nerd deathmatch

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Why would it be any different for the Federation?

Federation ships never attack anything unprovoked. Not even the Borg.

Kirk would raise his shields, wait for the Death Star to make a move and then...poof. Non-canonically acceptable scenario ends.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Shuttlecraft

LMAO

Get the fuck out. A shuttlecraft is going to pilot through the superstructure? Hell, it's not even going to make it past the turbolasers on the surface.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 07:00 PM
LMAO

Get the fuck out. A shuttlecraft is going to pilot through the superstructure? Hell, it's not even going to make it past the turbolasers on the surface.

Yet the much larger Millenium Falcon did?

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 07:01 PM
As they didn't have any shields, you could put together a pretty good spread of photon torpedos together, transport them inside the superstructure, and watch the fireworks.

That would be a last resort. If they even decided to attack, first they'd use conventional methods. When that didn't work, they'd sit around brainstorming another way. And then a giant beam of green energy would vaporize them.

BossChief
06-25-2011, 07:01 PM
How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Yet the much larger Millenium Falcon did?

The Falcon is highly maneuverable, much faster and much stronger.

This isn't about size, anyway.

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:04 PM
:facepalm:

Braincase
06-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Federation ships never attack anything unprovoked. Not even the Borg.

Kirk would raise his shields, wait for the Death Star to make a move and then...poof. Non-canonically acceptable scenario ends.

By the time they went through the 14 steps it takes to fire that weapon of theirs, Kirk would've gone to warp, the Death Star would be firing where the Enterprise used to be, and once again, we're off to Risa. You lose. Transporters and shields trump big black sphincter balls.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Kirk would've gone to warp

INSIDE THE ATMOSPHERE?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/5146559666_f82331d96c.jpg

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
:facepalm:

Getcha dork on...

Everybbody's doing it

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Getcha dork on...

Everybbody's doing it

I am a dork.

I did not find the video very amusing.

On a side note:

The Defiant would ass-rape anything that the Star Wars universe has to offer.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 07:16 PM
I am a dork.

On a side note:

Video was stupid, but now we're discussing how badly Trek would destroy Wars

Braincase
06-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I am a dork.

On a side note:

I didn't watch the video. I was just arguing certan points that Darth Douchious was arguing.

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Video was stupid, but now we're discussing how badly Trek would destroy Wars

I am glad I am on the winning team.

Star Wars is lacking a couple of important skillsets:

1. Time Travel

The Enterprise could level Coruscant while the residents are still living in huts.

2. Invent a Solution

"Sir, we can cross plexerize the antenna array and create pulse modulate graviton field. That should demolecularize their energy source."

"Make it so."

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 07:28 PM

1. Time Travel

The Enterprise could level Coruscant while the residents are still living in huts.

2. Invent a Solution

"Sir, we can cross plexerize the antenna array and create pulse modulate graviton field. That should demolecularize their energy source."

"Make it so."

And no one can use the force in Star Trek.

And they have no planet-destroying superweapon.

Braincase
06-25-2011, 07:30 PM

1. Time Travel

2. Invent a Solution

"Make it so."

Don't forget who wrote for Star Trek vs. Star Wars.

Harlan Ellison, Robert Bloch, D.C. Fontana, Theodore Sturgeon vs. The Guy That Wrote American Graffiti

Jedi, please.

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:33 PM

Genesis?

BossChief
06-25-2011, 07:34 PM
the ability to fly within the constrains of a planets atmosphere is insignificant compared to the power of the force.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Genesis?

There's only one shot.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Genesis?

Yes

What would have happened if they used it on the Death Star?

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:38 PM
There's only one shot.

They can make more.

Besides, it only take one shot when placed accurately.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes

It would destroy such life in favor of its new matrix

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Yes

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/blood_of_rose/Other/t_exploding-head.gif

Braincase
Genesis?

There are multiple instances of weapons capable of destroying planets and at least two instances of weapons capable of destroying STARS in the Star Trek.

Hammock Parties
Yes

Turbolaser shoots it down.

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Turbolaser shoots it down.

Serious question here. Why doesn't the Empire use cloaking devices? Is it due to the fact that they are so powerful they don't give a shit?

KurtCobain
06-25-2011, 07:44 PM
The nerd inside me just eye fucked my sister.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Serious question here. Why doesn't the Empire use cloaking devices? Is it due to the fact that they are so powerful they don't give a shit?

No ship that small has a cloaking device /Captain Needa Episode V

Apparently they did, even if we never saw it in the films

BossChief
06-25-2011, 07:46 PM
There are multiple instances of weapons capable of destroying planets and at least two instances of weapons capable of destroying STARS in the Star Trek.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OPdVZ6fZmKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
The nerd inside me just eye ****ed my sister.

Does she look like this?

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/12/10/hot-trekkie.jpg

Hammock Parties

Why does the biggest, baddest motherfucker need to hide?

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:49 PM
No ship that small has a cloaking device /Episode V

Apparently they did, even if we never saw it in the films

That's the scene I was thinking about.

Cloaked ships would have helped them out when searching for the Alliance.

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Why does the biggest, baddest mother****er need to hide?

Their arrogance was their undoing.......

The Federation is humble and grounded to a fault. No cloaking devices allowed under a treaty with the Romulans is fucking stupid.

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 07:51 PM

Vader wouldn't stand a chance against Q.

The force is dependent on your metacloriean (sp) count, and practice with it.
Q is an Omnipetant (sp) being....

As far as destroying a planet, come on, All Jordie has to do is re-wire the Genissis device and wammo...Planet killer

Try again Goatboy

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:53 PM

The force is dependent on your metacloriean (sp) count, and practice with it.
Q is an Omnipetant (sp) being....

As far as destroying a planet, come on, All Jordie has to do is re-wire the Genissis device and wammo...Planet killer

Try again Goatboy

Q is a sick puppy.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Why would Q help the Federation?

milkman
06-25-2011, 07:54 PM
How would the force work against the Borg?

notorious
06-25-2011, 07:54 PM

He wants Picard to give up his anal viginity willingly.

That is a huge bargaining chip.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 07:55 PM

By picking them up and ripping flesh from technology.

Easy 6
06-25-2011, 07:56 PM
ROFL

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 07:59 PM

His ego wouldn't let a new bully walk onto his block and flex his muscles.

ChiefGator
06-25-2011, 07:59 PM

Isn't Darth Vader just a single suped-up borg in reality.

Edit: I guess I should say a single non-evolving borg without the technology or borg collective behind him.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 08:02 PM
His ego wouldn't let a new bully walk onto his block and flex his muscles.

please.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/2/25/Borg_trio.jpg

http://www.emagill.com/gallery/dominion.jpg

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Isn't Darth Vader just a single suped-up borg in reality.

Edit: I guess I should say a single non-evolving borg without the technology or borg collective behind him.

Other than the ability to assimilate others...yes

ChiefGator
06-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Other than the ability to assimilate others...yes

For a while there it looked like he may have had that ability, but he proved incapable of assimilating his own son.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
This thread =

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/0/1/8/4/captain-picard-full-of-win.jpg

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
please.

Please nothing fool, a simple snap of his fingers, and the Borg are 400 million light years on the far side of the Delta Quadrant, or small enough to fit inside his pocket change purse.
Besides The Borg are doing himja favor and ridding the universe of inferior beings anyway.

weak sauce son.....

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Please nothing fool, a simple snap of his fingers, and the Borg are 400 million ligt years on the far side of the Delta Quadrant, or small enough to fit inside his pocket change purse.
weak sauce son.....

Yeah, so?

That still doesn't explain why he'd help the Federation.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah, so?

Vs. the Death Star and Sith Lords like Vader and Palpitine? His absolute power challenged?

I think he would

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah, so?

Who says he'd be helping them...All he wants is to beat down Picard himself., which in the end he's never really been able and or really wanted to.
You think that egomaniac is gonna let someone else **** with his favorite play toy?
Not likely son...go back to your tranny porn

AustinChief
06-25-2011, 08:12 PM
dear god.. can we get some football soon please...

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 08:12 PM
You think that egomaniac is gonna let someone else fuck with his favorite play toy?

Happened multiple times...borg.....cardassians....dominion....

You lose.

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Happened multiple times...borg.....cardassians....dominion....

You lose.

Which Picard and company has kicked the shit out of each and every time....

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 08:16 PM

Not because of Q, though.

Q gave no fucks.

Just Passin' By
06-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Here's Wikipedia's take:

On stardate 3113.2, the starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701, under the command of Captain James T. Kirk, is thrown back in time to Earth in 1969 by the effects of a high-gravity neutron star (referred to as a "black star"). Enterprise ends up in a suborbital position in Earth's upper atmosphere, and the ship is picked up as a UFO on military radar.

Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska, scrambles an F-104 Starfighter jet interceptor piloted by Captain John Christopher (played by Roger Perry), to identify the craft. The pilot cannot believe his eyes when he sees the bizarre spaceship floating above him. The pilot is ordered to stop the Enterprise from escaping before reinforcements arrive, and Kirk is forced to take defensive action. The ship emits a tractor beam toward the jet and the force accidentally tears the plane apart. Acting quickly, Kirk orders the pilot rescued from the doomed plane, and Christopher is transported aboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_Is_Yesterday

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
And the only reason it was in that position was time travel.

Just Passin' By
06-25-2011, 08:32 PM
And the only reason it was in that position was time travel.

It was still in that position.

Braincase
06-25-2011, 08:33 PM

No shit. I told you he wasn't keeping up with the adults.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 08:34 PM
It was still in that position.

It wasn't designed for that, though.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2011, 08:37 PM
No shit. I told you he wasn't keeping up with the adults.

LOL

Over-Head is talking out his ass. He can't even comprehend the point I was making.

Q didn't help out before, he isn't helping out now.

By the way, the only reason the Dominion were defeated? Wormhole aliens. They're not gonna be much help now.

Braincase
06-25-2011, 08:43 PM
LOL

Over-Head is talking out his ass. He can't even comprehend the point I was making.

Q didn't help out before, he isn't helping out now.

By the way, the only reason the Dominion were defeated? Wormhole aliens. They're not gonna be much help now.

You have yet to address my argument about stopping transporters. Me thinks thou should not accuse others of talking out of thine asses.

Or I'll send Honor Harrington, Black Jack Geary, and Cally O'Neal over to kick your Ewok ass.

Just Passin' By
06-25-2011, 08:46 PM
It wasn't designed for that, though.

It's still able to do it. Your argument was that it's not capable.

That's horribly canonically inaccurate...
2. The Enterprise is NOT capable of passing through a planet's atmosphere....

The Enterprise is clearly able travel through the atmosphere.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mLWVN9UJAzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now, go home and get your ****ing shine box.

Braincase
06-25-2011, 08:48 PM

The Enterprise is clearly able travel through the atmosphere.

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mLWVN9UJAzo" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Now, go home and get your ****ing shine box.

Right on all counts, but he's still going to keep arguing in spite of the fact every one of his points has been rendered moot. Anybody want to bet who posts last in this thread?

06-25-2011, 09:24 PM

So a Klingon warship has more capability than a Federation flagship eh?

Discuss Thrower
06-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Now I'm not complaining one bit about this, but what's with the surge of StarTrek posts recently? I thought this was a subject of derision and mocking those who enjoy the show.

If not then I've consigned myself unnecessarily to a social group: loser-nerds?

milkman
06-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Now I'm not complaining one bit about this, but what's with the surge of StarTrek posts recently? I thought this was a subject of derision and mocking those who enjoy the show.

If not then I've consigned myself unnecessarily to a social group: loser-nerds?

They are just a small subsection of this place.

The rest of us are just simply no life losers, with out the nerdiness as a further albatross.

Param
06-25-2011, 09:54 PM
This argument can't be serious? Red 5 is more of a Star Wars than Star Trek guy....

Just take the last Star Trek movie from 2009. The Enterprise was being built in the fields. Boy, I wonder how it flew into the air and into outer space...

Param
06-25-2011, 10:38 PM
He wants Picard to give up his anal viginity willingly.

That is a huge bargaining chip.

That is definitely true.

Bowser
06-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Never would have thought bevischief would be the one to start a nerd war on here.

bishop_74
06-25-2011, 10:46 PM
WRONG.

What... the fuck...?

Param
06-25-2011, 11:09 PM
On a side note:

and that is why star trek>star wars

listopencil
06-25-2011, 11:24 PM
No, they need the "plans" because Lucas is a hack writer and possibly a full on retard. For God's sake he is too dumb to be able to tell the difference between a unit of distance vs a unit of time.

Lucas is a moron... accept it.

So true, so very true. I wish someone with film making talent could have stolen his money and made three new Star Wars movies that didn't suck complete ass.

Easy 6
06-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Never would have thought bevischief would be the one to start a nerd war on here.

Aye, young warriors always seem to arise with the times *drunken backslapping with a serious tone*... this war was inevitable... stock your water & preserve your victuals, we must weather on...

Fish
06-26-2011, 12:10 AM
I'll take a Borg cube and rape you both....

Lonewolf Ed
06-26-2011, 12:46 AM
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/misshannahglenda/Downriver%20Vocab%203/spock.jpg?t=1255823599

The Enterprise bathroom is shown on a diagram of the ship in one episode, therefore it is logical to conclude that pooping is possible in the Star Trek universe.

Of course it is, and I won't even mention Star Trek: Enterprise where Trip was asked a "poop question" by some kids back on Earth in a science class.
Pooping is just far more efficient in that future era. And Vulcans probably do not poop, since they also don't have to unload but once every seven years. And don't get in their way when that time comes...

RealSNR
06-26-2011, 01:16 AM
At least when I created my Star Trek thread I did it in the Media Center.

That's okay. This thread has been extremely entertaining. I was all like:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RTcfI99kfKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
06-26-2011, 02:13 AM
So a Klingon warship has more capability than a Federation flagship eh?

A bird of prey is designed to fly in an atmosphere, yes. It has landing gear, fer crissakes. It's not even that big.

A K'tinga class cruiser? No.

Hammock Parties
06-26-2011, 02:16 AM

It's not. That's the original Enterprise, not the Enterprise-A. And I'll reiterate - the Enterprise in the TOS clip did not get into the atmosphere of it's own accord. Time travel put it there.

Hammock Parties
06-26-2011, 02:17 AM
You have yet to address my argument about stopping transporters.

Imperial ships have shields too, you know.

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Right on all counts, but he's still going to keep arguing in spite of the fact every one of his points has been rendered moot. Anybody want to bet who posts last in this thread?

Not a chance, postwhore boy will refuse to allow it, same as his lame arguments with everyone else.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-26-2011, 08:39 AM
HAHAHAHA You are a fucking moron. Canon as decided by who? Certainly not Gene Rodenberry... but I guess he didn't get to set the canon, instead you and your jerk buddies get to set what is official "canon".

So your argument is basically... I DECIDE WHAT IS CANON AND THEREFORE YOU ARE WRONG!

Pathetic.

Simple. As. That.

LMAO The awesome is strong in this geek-off.

notorious
06-26-2011, 08:42 AM
John Crichton farts in the general direction of the Federation and the Empire.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-26-2011, 08:45 AM
John Crichton farts in the general direction of the Federation and the Empire.

How will he fart with a lightsaber crammed up his asshole?

notorious
06-26-2011, 08:57 AM
How will he fart with a lightsaber crammed up his asshole?

After what Scorpius did to John, he probably won't even feel it.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2011, 09:04 AM
*Slowly backs out of thread never to return

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-26-2011, 09:28 AM
After what Scorpius did to John, he probably won't even feel it.

*Slowly backs out of thread never to return

LMAO

JD10367
06-26-2011, 09:55 AM
::: scribbling in my sociology thesis... :::

I am continuing my undeground study of this place they called the "Chiefs Planet". I have infiltrated it in the guise of a "member", or "planeteer" as they call themselves, in order to study them further without disturbing the equilibrium.

A little more on "Mods", or "Moderators", as I call them. These are the people who seem to be in charge of the society and administrate the rules. They are led by a powerful Chief named Austin, who appears very levelheaded and even-tempered.

There are many topics of discussion which seem to whip the Planeteers into an angry frenzy of arguing. Some of these are things like "NSFW", someone named "Casshole", and something called a "repost". Through all of this, the Mods seem unruffled. However, I have noticed two subjects which seem to immediately enflame the leader Austin: the topic of something called "Apple vs. Microsoft", and something about "starships". I will endeavor to avoid these topics if granted an audience with the leader. I personally witnessed him eviscerate an underling while arguing about it...

chris
06-26-2011, 10:15 AM

I am continuing my undeground study of this place they called the "Chiefs Planet". I have infiltrated it in the guise of a "member", or "planeteer" as they call themselves, in order to study them further without disturbing the equilibrium.

A little more on "Mods", or "Moderators", as I call them. These are the people who seem to be in charge of the society and administrate the rules. They are led by a powerful Chief named Austin, who appears very levelheaded and even-tempered.

There are many topics of discussion which seem to whip the Planeteers into an angry frenzy of arguing. Some of these are things like "NSFW", someone named "Casshole", and something called a "repost". Through all of this, the Mods seem unruffled. However, I have noticed two subjects which seem to immediately enflame the leader Austin: the topic of something called "Apple vs. Microsoft", and something about "starships". I will endeavor to avoid these topics if granted an audience with the leader. I personally witnessed him eviscerate an underling while arguing about it...

REP ROFL

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 10:33 AM

I officially nominate this as POST OF THE YEAR :LOL: ROFL

Braincase
06-26-2011, 11:01 AM

I LOL'd.

Just Passin' By
06-26-2011, 11:56 AM
It's not. That's the original Enterprise, not the Enterprise-A. And I'll reiterate - the Enterprise in the TOS clip did not get into the atmosphere of it's own accord. Time travel put it there.

Your claim was not "The ship can fly in, and leave, a planetary atmosphere, but it cannot enter one of its own accord", because even you understand just how asinine that would have been to post. If it was not capable of flying in an atmosphere, it would not have been able to fly in the atmosphere. That's pretty basic stuff.

Look, I get that you're trolling as you so often do but, even for you, this is ****ing pathetic.

Valiant
06-26-2011, 12:22 PM

Didn't they land the enterprise in one of the movies??

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Didn't they land the enterprise in one of the movies??

Unless you count crash landing the Enterprise D saucer section in Generations, no

The ship in Voyager could land on planets I think, but I was too busy staring at Seven of Nine to remember much else from that show

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Didn't they land the enterprise in one of the movies?? it crash landed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6INPdFROqRk

notorious
06-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I was too busy staring at Seven of Nine to remember much else from that show

She was the only reason to watch that drivel until the last few episodes.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-26-2011, 04:05 PM

Soren's trilithium weapon destroys not only planets, but an entire star system

Level 12 shockwave

Let's get this nerd fight on

Hammock Parties
06-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Soren's trilithium weapon destroys not only planets, but an entire star system

Level 12 shockwave

Let's get this nerd fight on

Why would he give it to the Federation?

Even if he did, it's one shot. The Death Star can keep firing and firing and firing...

This really isn't hard.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-26-2011, 04:19 PM

Even if he did, it's one shot. The Death Star can keep firing and firing and firing...

This really isn't hard.

1 shot vs 9 + shots

Unless you think a TIE fighter can shoot down a solar probe

Braincase
06-26-2011, 04:22 PM

This really isn't hard.

Just tell him Darth Vader and the Emperor are keeping him from the Nexus. He'll f*** up an entire quadrant.

A million deaths are not enough for Yueh!

You cannot image the immensity of the f*çЌ that I do not give.

4th and Long
06-26-2011, 06:43 PM

This really isn't hard.
A level 12 shock wave wiped out an entire solar system. Now unless I am mistaken, the Death Star has far less mass that a solar system.

Bye bye Death Star, in one shot.
Posted via Mobile Device

DomerNKC
06-26-2011, 06:55 PM
hey fellas, there is a spot between a womans legs that....nevermind.

RealSNR
06-26-2011, 07:15 PM
hey fellas, there is a spot between a womans legs that....What? Explodes the entire woman with a few well-timed shots to the core?

Yes, we already know.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-26-2011, 07:21 PM

So they say (marriage sucks)

Discuss Thrower
06-26-2011, 07:29 PM

I'm of the opinion hardcore trekkies get laid... It's just that there might be Klingon makeup and costuming involved on someone's part because the alternative is pretty scary otherwise.

notorious
06-26-2011, 07:39 PM

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: The other day Crash called a woman's pu... p***y... um, well, you know how the hair is kind of in a V-shape?

Annie Savoy: Yes, I do.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Well, he called it the Bermuda Triangle. He said that a man could get lost in there and never be heard from again.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_Ff82w-wXc80/RjkLI4S0YWI/AAAAAAAAAKo/PFSfK7dWsgw/s200/bulldurham.jpg

Hammock Parties
06-26-2011, 07:51 PM
A level 12 shock wave wiped out an entire solar system. Now unless I am mistaken, the Death Star has far less mass that a solar system.

Bye bye Death Star, in one shot.
Posted via Mobile Device

SORAN IS NOT GOING TO JOIN FORCES WITH THE FEDERATION.

Hello, McFly?

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-26-2011, 07:56 PM
SORAN IS NOT GOING TO JOIN FORCES WITH THE FEDERATION.

Hello, McFly?

No, but is it beyond the realm of possibility to assume Federation scientists could duplicate his work?

notorious
06-26-2011, 07:58 PM
No, but is it beyond the realm of possibility to assume Federation scientists could duplicate his work?

The Federation could do what ever they wanted if they weren't ethically grounded.

Pussies.

DenverChief
06-26-2011, 09:20 PM
PSHHH

I'd Take BSG and the entire Colonial fleet (pre- invasion of course) with BS Pegasus and all over Star Trek and Star Wars anyday

bring it bitches

4th and Long
06-26-2011, 09:42 PM
PSHHH

I'd Take BSG and the entire Colonial fleet (pre- invasion of course) with BS Pegasus and all over Star Trek and Star Wars anyday

bring it bitches
What a bunch of frackin felgercarb! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Look, it don't matter who wins, Dillion Hunt is gonna show up after the battle and try to get em to join the Comonwelth anyway.

If they don't, he just has Rommie Nova bomb thier ass's and calls it a day.

Demonpenz
06-26-2011, 10:31 PM
this god damn thread right here....shit.. LMAO

Hammock Parties
06-26-2011, 10:32 PM

I guess.

Of course you're all forgetting one very important thing:

ARMAMENT

Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser (1)
Turbolaser batteries (15,000)
Heavy turbolaser batteries (15,000)
Laser cannons (7,500)
Ion cannons (5,000)
Tractor beam generators (768)
TIE starfighters (7,200: various models)

Yeah, good luck getting a missile anywhere NEAR the Death Star.

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 10:37 PM
I guess.

But yet Lando and Chewie were able to get the Falcon INSIDE the ****er and blow it up.....

Not to mention Luke taking out the first one with 2 torpedos...

Now add the fact with a snap of his fingers Q could turn it into a key chain.

YOU FAIL....miserably ROFL

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
I guess.

Don't have to, hit the star = Level 12 shockwave = Death Star Pwned

DenverChief
06-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I guess.

One "Death Star"

Versus 120 Battlestars:

Galactica class:

24 large antiship gun turrets
514 smaller point-defense turrets
12 Nuclear Weapon Launch Tubes
4 Squadrons of Mark VII Vipers (80 Vipers)
1 Squadron of Raptors

Mercury class:

34 Primary large antiship gun turrets (30 twin turrets, 4 fixed twin mounts)
600 smaller point-defense turrets
24 Nuclear Weapon Launch Tubes
6 Squadrons of Mark VII Vipers (120 Vipers)
1 Squadron of Raptors

Valkrie class:
35 large antiship gun turrets
16 small dual mounted turrets
329 smaller point-defense turrets
6 Nuclear Weapon Launch tubes
2 Squadrons of Mark VII Vipers

By my figures if there was an equal number of Battlestar classes (40 each) you would be looking at

3,720 Large antiship gun turrets
16 small dual mouted turrets
57,720 smaller point-defense turrets
1,680 Nuclear Weapon launch tubes
9,600 Mark VII Vipers
1,600 Raptors

I can't imagine 1,680 nuclear missiles bearing down on you is gonna be a good day by any means

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 11:10 PM
One "Death Star"

Versus 120 Battlestars:

I thought there was only 1 left??

DenverChief
06-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I thought there was only 1 left??

I clarified originally that it would be the pre-invasion colonial fleet

'course the death star is gone too....

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 11:18 PM
I clarified originally that it would be the pre-invasion colonial fleet

'course the death star is gone too.... My mistake,,,sorry:huh:

Either way, I'm enjoying seeing Clay get his self proclaimed king of Sci Fi ass handed to him .....

Hammock Parties
06-26-2011, 11:20 PM
But yet Lando and Chewie were able to get the Falcon INSIDE the ****er and blow it up.....

Not to mention Luke taking out the first one with 2 torpedos...

Now add the fact with a snap of his fingers Q could turn it into a key chain.

YOU FAIL....miserably ROFL

Your comprehension of the Death Star attacks is mind boggingly stupid.

Starfighters are quick enough to evade turbolasers. They even say as much in the movie.

A missle? With zero maneuvering capability?

No threat whatsoever.

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 11:32 PM

No threat whatsoever.

Which is why Obiwan is flying for his life trying to get away from the ones Jango Fett is lobbing at him.....

Try again sir your making this far too easy as your arguments are mind boggingly stupid.

greg63
06-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Oh yeah!?!?! Well the Death Star can't destroy THIS Enterprise!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hNxhrPaaCA4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="425"></iframe>

Star Date: 531248963254678251364013697136.5

Over-Head
06-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Star Date: 531248963254678251364013697136.5:thumb:

greg63
06-27-2011, 12:05 AM
:thumb:

It is in deed an important date in future history! :D

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Which is why Obiwan is flying for his life trying to get away from the ones Jango Fett is lobbing at him.....

Try again sir your making this far too easy as your arguments are mind boggingly stupid.

Uh...those aren't remotely the same kind of missiles or the same kind of scenario.

If Obi Wan had turbo lasers all over his craft he'd just blast those missiles into a million pieces.

Are you brain dead?

DenverChief
06-27-2011, 12:09 AM
I see there is no arguing with the fact that BSG is superior in every way to star wars and star trek

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Ok, first you say this

No threat whatsoever.

To which i'll respond with
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d91D5rb3U9g&NR=1
Just skip to 2:25

Now your flip flopping to this
Uh...those aren't remotely the same kind of missiles or the same kind of scenario.

So which is it, missles are or are NOT maneurvable? Cuz it sure followed him thorugh the astriod field pretty damn good for a NON maneurvable missile

FAIL again sir....
Next flip flop argument????

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 12:31 AM
So which is it, missles are or are NOT maneurvable? Cuz it sure followed him thorugh the astriod field pretty damn good for a NON maneurvable missile

I think we can all agree that not all missiles are created equal.

Jango Fett's missiles - maneuverable

Soran's - not remotely

Is that really a hard concept for you to grasp?

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
I think we can all agree that not all missiles are created equal.

Jango Fett's missiles - maneuverable

Soran's - not remotely

Is that really a hard concept for you to grasp?

Not at at, but for you it would seem the case. You STATED missiles were NOT maneurerable.

I just simply proved you wrong. As have so many others in this thread. LMAO

I do love how you put a spin on things when your argument is blow out of the water though, please continue, it's *almost* amusing... ROFL

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 12:41 AM
You STATED missiles were NOT maneurerable.

I stated SORAN'S missile was not maneuverable.

It's not.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I stated SORAN'S missile was not maneuverable.

It's not.
YOU made NO distinction on whos missles you were refering to btw

But you also said this

quit trying to change your story

You also stated it a star fighter CAN evade the lazer guns , and we all know a ship can penitrate the Death star, so whats to stop a missile from getting close if it's onboard a star fighter???

your argument is compleately without merit.

Care to try again?

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 03:06 AM
so whats to stop a missile from getting close if it's onboard a star fighter???

Soran's rocket is mounted from a launching platform on the ground.

This isn't happening, please forget it.

Here's how it goes:

Soran, in a fit of illogical rage, decides to fire his rocket at the Death Star.

It takes off.

In a straight line.

The Death Star picks it up and blasts it out of space.

End of story.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Soran's rocket is mounted from a launching platform on the ground.

This isn't happening, please forget it.

Here's how it goes:

Soran, in a fit of illogical rage, decides to fire his rocket at the Death Star.

It takes off.

In a straight line.

The Death Star picks it up and blasts it out of space.

End of story.

My god I love how you dodge an argument your LOSING.

You did NOT state who's or what kind of missle, your statemet of fact was...
which I debunked .
Much the same way you were shown how in fact the Enterprise can and did sustaine atmopsheric flight, After you stated It couldn't.
More to the point, if you continue to watch that clip, then go to the next one Spock can be seen talking to Kirk telling him engeneering confirms their in a STABLE atmospheric orbit, AND they have enough power to climb if necessary.

Your the thick headded one assmunch, you can't admit defeat even though it's clear your arguments and or choice of words clearly show you are.

In short I'll go with this comment, makes the most sence, you brain dead prick!
but he's still going to keep arguing in spite of the fact every one of his points has been rendered moot.

Try again after you get your Kindergarden graduation cirtificate later this week. I'm done Goatboy.

You've lost, and failed miserably

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 06:17 AM
You did NOT state who's or what kind of missle, your statemet of fact was...

I'm sorry you can't keep up with the debate.

If we're not talking about Soran's missile then the entire conversation is utterly meaningless. The point was to show that Soran's missile would be utterly ineffective against the Death Star.

Yes?

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm sorry you can't keep up with the debate.

If we're not talking about Soran's missile then the entire conversation is utterly meaningless. The point was to show that Soran's missile would be utterly ineffective against the Death Star.

Yes?

Theres not much to keep up with when you start backtracking and flip flopping. You failed to keep up by making a general statement, which was proven wrong.

And again, Sorans missle could quite eaisly be mounted on a star fighter, which as you said your self could avoid the defence batteries enough to get close therefore making it quite effective.. Ergo, your argument is still without substance.

The death star while an effective planet killer is NOT the end all to be all weapon. Sooner you figure this out, the sooner this thread will be off the first page.

Its not a horrible thing to be wrong every now and then, it becomes horrible when your too pigheaded to admit it ....do have a nice day ;)

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 06:32 AM
And again, Sorans missle could quite eaisly be mounted on a star fighter

Sorry, that is not canon. Soran's rocket is fired from the ground.

And of course, this ignores the obvious issue of Soran cooperating with the Federation. Never in a million years would it happen.

The Death Star wins. Again.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 06:38 AM

And of course, this ignores the obvious issue of Soran cooperating with the Federation. Never in a million years would it happen.

My oh my you love claiming victory without rebuttal.

Soran doesnt have to co-operate, Jim got close enough to thwart his efforts singel handed did he not..which means a larger force could eaisly have taken control over it.
Just because it was fired from the ground, doesnt make it a ground based weapon. Which going back to my dispute of your origional claim makes it irrelevant.

And once again, your back tracking from your previous statement, that A MISSLE, (you failed to state which one or whos, had any chance.) plain and simple.

All I am mearly suggesting is that in fact you are wrong, as you have been several times in this thread.

but he's still going to keep arguing in spite of the fact every one of his points has been rendered moot.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Just because it was fired from the ground, doesnt make it a ground based weapon. [/uote]

Yes it does. There is no record in Star Trek canon of the missile being fired in any other manner. Please learn to abide by canon when entering these discussions.

[oquote]
And once again, your back tracking from your previous statement, that A MISSILE, (you failed to state which one or whos, had any chance.) plain and simple.

I'm not backtracking from anything. If you had actually read the thread, you would realize the only reason we are talking about missiles is because someone brought up Soran's missile. Any occurrence of the word "missile" is a reference to Soran's missile. This is obvious to anyone with grade school level reading comprehension.

Incredible that anyone would even think a single missile could touch the death star. Just hilarious.

Next?

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 06:59 AM

He's fucked.

He'd hire Bothan spies?

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't know much about Star Trek beyond a few characters names, and the fact that the guy in the red shirt is going to meet his end.

If the rebel alliance could find flaws in both Death Stars, surely the Starfleet could too.

But, if the Empire could shelve their arrogance, mobilize their entire fleet, and build a few "Suncrushers", I have no doubt they would destroy the entire Star Trek universe.

Except maybe the Borg. And the Q. I've heard nasty things about them.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Unless of course they lined every Starfleet ship with Ysalimiri...then Vader, the Emperor, Luke...

they are all fucked.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2011, 07:26 AM

LMAO This thread has teh truck.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 07:34 AM
But, if the Empire could shelve their arrogance, mobilize their entire fleet, and build a few "Suncrushers",

Suncrusher is not canon, it is from a book.

Please respect the canon.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2011, 07:35 AM

What about the "Nostril of Palpatine"? It never existed, but Solo made me laugh with that one.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 07:40 AM

Well, that negates the existence of the suncrushers...but also the ysalimiri.

Fuck, I think it is canon though. They made toys and other bullshit from the Thrawn series. THEY MADE TOYS!!

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm not backtracking from anything. If you had actually read the thread, you would realize the only reason we are talking about missiles is because someone brought up Soran's missile. Any occurrence of the word "missile" is a reference to Soran's missile. This is obvious to anyone with grade school level reading comprehension.

Incredible that anyone would even think a single missile could touch the death star. Just hilarious.

Next?

My comprehension in this thread is jut fine. You started this thread stating the death star would win. Many of us have proven how it could actually lose. Perhaps it's you who needs a refresher cource in reading comprehension.

While yes a statement was made directly pertaining to Soran, it was you who failed to put your qualifer on your statemen of ANY MISSLE, therefor any rebuttal was open to discussion.

Had you posed this entire thread starter a a question of "who do you think is greater", then you wouldn't find you self in this predicament.

I find it amusing how when it serves your (and many others around here) purpose in most any thread to jump on the misrepresentation of a single word or sentence and or the mispelling of said word or sentence, to make your point valid you'll jump on it like a pack of wolfs, yet when the shoe is one the other foot, you'll start adding qualifers, and or flip flopping on your posted statements.

Its not my fault you cant present your statements in a clear well thought out manner, as opposed to a hit and run I'm right fashion..

Thus ends my debate with you in yet another "look at me I'm a ****ing troll post whore" Goatboy thread.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and been found wanting
Have a happy day

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Well, that negates the existence of the suncrushers...but also the ysalimiri.

****, I think it is canon though. They made toys and other bullshit from the Thrawn series. THEY MADE TOYS!!

Dude....
he's still going to keep arguing in spite of the fact every one of his points has been rendered moot.

Frazod
06-27-2011, 08:13 AM
The Death Star is the size of a moon and has only one major weapon. Stay on the other side of it - should be easy enough to do - then shoot down the supporting craft, none of which would pose a threat, and send a shuttle to fire a proton torpedo down the shaft and blow it up.

If I can figure that out, so could Spock or Data.

And of course, if the Federation would ever pull it's head out of its goody-goody ass and use that phasing cloak, they'd be able to wipe out anybody.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Dude....

Don't interfere, dumbass.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 08:47 AM
The Death Star is the size of a moon and has only one major weapon. Stay on the other side of it - should be easy enough to do - then shoot down the supporting craft, none of which would pose a threat, and send a shuttle to fire a proton torpedo down the shaft and blow it up.

There are THOUSANDS OF TURBOLASER CANNONS ON THE DEATH STAR.

Shuttle = FUCKED

Frazod
06-27-2011, 08:51 AM
There are THOUSANDS OF TURBOLASER CANNONS ON THE DEATH STAR.

Shuttle = FUCKED

The Enterprise could destroy all of them in the area of the shaft prior to launch.

Plus, shuttles have shields, too.

DJ's left nut
06-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Okay - base level dorkery here:

Star Wars was a 'long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." yes?

Meanwhile Star Trek takes place centuries from now...yes?

So aren't you essentially saying that the ancient Rome, complete with spears and chariots, would be able to take out the present US military, complete with automatic weapons, fighter aircraft and armored divisions?

This seems pretty simple based on pure noobery: I'm fairly certain that a single Apache could've laid waste to Alexander's entire army, so I'm equally comfortable saying that the Enterprise could pretty much annihilate the Star Wars folks.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Don't interfere, dumbass. Blow me

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 09:43 AM
How old is the Star Trek galaxy? I recall hearing references to Earth. Star Wars is thousands of years old, beyond the Old Republic days.

Surely the Star Wars universe technology is more refined after all that time.

Edit: Repost, somewhat (post #224)

Fish
06-27-2011, 09:58 AM
And of course, if the Federation would ever pull it's head out of its goody-goody ass and use that phasing cloak, they'd be able to wipe out anybody.

I remember one episode of TNG where they did enable the phasing cloak, cause they were stuck inside an asteroid or some such shit. If it were me, I'd piss all over that worthless treaty and cloak everything and ensure galactic dominance. Enforce peace with dominant firepower bitches...

Frazod
06-27-2011, 10:18 AM
How old is the Star Trek galaxy? I recall hearing references to Earth. Star Wars is thousands of years old, beyond the Old Republic days.

Surely the Star Wars universe technology is more refined after all that time.

Edit: Repost, somewhat (post #224)

Keep in mind, the Star Trek universe was envisioned by smart people.

The Star Wars universe was envisioned by George Lucas.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 10:23 AM
The Enterprise could destroy all of them in the area of the shaft prior to launch.

Plus, shuttles have shields, too.

THOUSANDS OF THEM.

THOUSANDS.

The Enterprise couldn't destroy them all before the Superlaser obliterated Picard.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 10:29 AM
And keep in mind that while the Enterprise is carrying out the ARDUOUS task of taking out turbolaser emplacements, THEY ARE FIRING ON THE ENTERPRISE.

Also, the Enterprise doesn't get to pop up right next to the Death Star. It has to come in on an approach.

And the Imps bring the prime weapon to bear.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/8/8f/USS_Enterprise-D_nacelle_explodes.jpg

I mean, SERIOUSLY, people. The Death Star was DESIGNED to defend an assault from MULTIPLE capital ships. And you think ONE starship...that got taken out by a few well-placed shots from a KLINGON HUNK OF JUNK BIRD OF PREY....is gonna take it out?

DREAM ON.

DJ's left nut
06-27-2011, 10:36 AM
And keep in mind that while the Enterprise is carrying out the ARDUOUS task of taking out turbolaser emplacements, THEY ARE FIRING ON THE ENTERPRISE.

Also, the Enterprise doesn't get to pop up right next to the Death Star. It has to come in on an approach.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/8/8f/USS_Enterprise-D_nacelle_explodes.jpg

I mean, SERIOUSLY, people. The Death Star was DESIGNED to defend an assault from MULTIPLE capital ships. And you think ONE starship...that got taken out by a few well-placed shots from a KLINGON HUNK OF JUNK BIRD OF PREY....is gonna take it out?

DREAM ON.

And a Phalanx formation was designed to take out hundreds of light infantrymen.

That's all well and good until an Abrams puts a flachette round through it.

You're ignoring thousands of years of technological innovation. I'm fairly certain that the Trekkies have figured out a thing or two over the eons that separate Star Wars from Star Trek. This wouldn't be their first rodeo.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 10:37 AM

DREAM ON.

Luke and Lando BOTH did usuing ships NO where near the class or size of the Enterprise...Fact not debate
Both were being chased by Tie fighter support...Fact not debate
Both dodged thousands of turbolaser placements...Fact not debate
Both blew up death stars...Fact not debate

Frazod
06-27-2011, 10:42 AM
THOUSANDS OF THEM.

THOUSANDS.

The Enterprise couldn't destroy them all before the Superlaser obliterated Picard.

It wouldn't have to destroy all of them. If it stayed in a fixed orbit on the far side of the Death Star away from the main weapon, it would be fine. Do you really think something that big could rotate faster than a ship could maneuver? And the smaller lasers have would be ineffective against the Enterprise's shields, assuming they'd even have the range to hit it.

Frazod
06-27-2011, 10:43 AM

DREAM ON.

The Death Star was taken out by one well placed shot from a FIGHTER.

Please.

And none of the Star Wars people would be smart enough to get the shield codes, because they're all stupid.

DJ's left nut
06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
And the smaller lasers have would be ineffective against the Enterprise's shields, assuming they'd even have the range to hit it.

What are you talking about?

Surely a good sharp spear would have no problem piercing reactive Chobham armor. And I have no doubt that one of those hoplites could throw it far enough to get it there well before they get gunned down by a 50 cal.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 10:57 AM
And a Phalanx formation was designed to take out hundreds of light infantrymen.

That's all well and good until an Abrams puts a flachette round through it.

You're ignoring thousands of years of technological innovation. I'm fairly certain that the Trekkies have figured out a thing or two over the eons that separate Star Wars from Star Trek. This wouldn't be their first rodeo.

Did Star Trek take place over a 10,000 year + period?

I know they took place in separate time periods, but how many years does the Star Trek universe actually encompass?

vailpass
How can we get the comic insult dog to come to the Planet?

Saulbadguy
And none of the Star Wars people would be smart enough to get the shield codes, because they're all stupid.

Unless they are Hutts or Borg, they will be easily fooled by the Jedi mind trick.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
It wouldn't have to destroy all of them. If it stayed in a fixed orbit on the far side of the Death Star away from the main weapon, it would be fine. Do you really think something that big could rotate faster than a ship could maneuver? And the smaller lasers have would be ineffective against the Enterprise's shields, assuming they'd even have the range to hit it.

The Death Star could hyperdrive to Earth and target it with its laser, and the Federation would surrender.

vailpass
06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j-1qas-CL14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just Passin' By
06-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Clay's still getting his ass handed to him, I see.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I fail to see how. No one has as of yet evidenced a way to pop the Death Star....other than force users in tiny starfighters who have knowledge of the station's weakness.

vailpass
06-27-2011, 11:44 AM
I fail to see how. No one has as of yet evidenced a way to pop the Death Star....other than force users in tiny starfighters who have knowledge of the station's weakness.

How old are you again?

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 11:44 AM
The Death Star was taken out by one well placed shot from a FIGHTER.

Please.

Not the second Death Star, which is the Death Star in question.

Even so, no force users in the Federation.

RealSNR
06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Unless they are Hutts or Borg, they will be easily fooled by the Jedi mind trick.No way Picard would get fooled by a Jedi mind trick

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 11:51 AM

The Death Star is going to have a far shorter turning radius than the Enterprise's orbit. Simple math. And impulse is pretty slow. I mean...have you ever watched Star Trek?

The Enterprise is gonna have to get pretty close to take out all the turblolasers.....it can't just sag off at a huge distance.

BOOM!

vailpass
06-27-2011, 11:53 AM
The Death Star is going to have a far shorter turning radius than the Enterprise's orbit. Simple math. And impulse is pretty slow. I mean...have you ever watched Star Trek?

The Enterprise is gonna have to get pretty close to take out all the turblolasers.....it can't just sag off at a huge distance.

BOOM!

LMAO

Just Passin' By
06-27-2011, 11:53 AM

The Death Star was killed way, way back. Simple process.

Transport an explosive aboard
Destroy Death Star from within
Serve lunch

Hammock Parties
06-27-2011, 11:54 AM
The Death Star was killed way, way back. Simple process.

Transport an explosive aboard
Destroy Death Star from within
Serve lunch

By the time the Enterprise is in transporter range it's going to be a cloud of atoms.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2011, 12:01 PM

I'm guessing if the Rebels could get those battle plans, the Federation could too.