PDA

View Full Version : Poop Fair? You be the judge.

bowener
06-25-2011, 02:34 PM
A friend found this on reddit and sent it to me.

This will probably end up in DC, but I hope it can remain civil and sane here in the lounge.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9aa10UAg1qzqlvro1_500.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Discus_Thrower_Copenhagen.jpg

Bowser
06-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Rhetorical questions are always the easiest to answer.

WebGem
06-25-2011, 02:39 PM
The robbing a bank part is the key, not the $100. God you are fucking stupid. Yes, it's more than fair.

Bowser
06-25-2011, 02:43 PM
The robbing a bank part is the key, not the $100. God you are fucking stupid. Yes, it's more than fair.

15 years hard time is way too harsh, especially considering the guy returned the money and no harm was done. Compare that to not even six years for lifting 3 billion behind the scenes, and you've got a huge problem. Of course, the homeless guy might have well did what he did just to get thrown in prison. Three hots and a warm bed.

Count Zarth
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
The black guy probably stole something every day of his life.

CrazyHorse
06-25-2011, 02:57 PM
The robbing a bank part is the key, not the $100. God you are ****ing stupid. Yes, it's more than fair.

Why call others stupid if you're going to miss the point.

The guy robbed the bank to get free room and board without having to work. The judge granted it to him and then some. Robbing a bank doesn't carry a mandatory 15. Why else take 100 dollars but to try to keep a lighter sentence. Why show up the next day unless to have a place to sleep that night?

As for the mortgage scam? That guy ruined a lot of lives to account for 3 billion. Only getting 3+ years is disproportionate to the crime IMO.

The two crimes should not be compared for thier fairness as they are mutually excluisive in circumstance.

threebag02
06-25-2011, 02:59 PM

And you think the CEO did it in one day?

CrazyHorse
06-25-2011, 03:09 PM

lol. You're a dick.

58-4ever
06-25-2011, 03:13 PM
His life will most likely be a little bit better in jail. He'll have a few more restrictions, but hey his life will have structure.

CrazyHorse
06-25-2011, 03:17 PM
His life will most likely be a little bit better in jail. He'll have a few more restrictions, but hey his life will have structure.

3 square meals a day and medical. He wasn't getting laid on the outside, so what is he giving up?

threebag02
06-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Everyone needs structure.

Just Passin' By
06-25-2011, 04:06 PM
One's in Virginia and one's in Louisiana. They're not even comparable.

digger
06-25-2011, 07:06 PM

That's what I thought. Or This!

CosmicPal
06-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Not sure why the federal prosecuters aimed for a measly 6-year sentence. Bernie Madoff got 150 years in the federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

As for the bank robber, my guess is that he's got quite a criminal record that hurt him.

stonedstooge
06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
3 square meals a day and medical. He wasn't getting laid on the outside, so what is he giving up?

His freedom

KurtCobain
06-25-2011, 08:19 PM
That's Shady if you ask me.

Easy 6
06-25-2011, 10:35 PM
American hypocrisy at its worst, my God the rant i could go off on about the general state of affairs.

Even if this guy has a record taller than me, we let these big bankers, internationals, Enrons & Madoffs get away with brutal murder of many other kinds... oh sorry, old 75 year old couple, Kenny Lay stick ya pretty good, wipe ya out did he? welp sorry, your kinda ****ed, dont you have any kids that can take you in?

And it runs through every puppet president lately, regardless of party... Obama = Bush, figureheads at anothers behest.

I still solidly believe in what this country can represent, but greed is sickeningly pervasive & it has no party affiliation.

Mr. Kotter
06-25-2011, 10:57 PM

And this particular, white trash POS??? He probably stole something every MINUTE of his pathetic "career" from dumb-asses who he conned into "trusting" him....so he is somehow, less culpable? Really?

I hope he shares a cell with a former Chief's DLine bust who don't have any Vasoline...just sayin'.

Come on, Clayton.... :shake:

Mr. Kotter
06-25-2011, 11:07 PM

Both are in the USA. I realize VA is run by communists, and LA is run by Nazis...but they both, at least, got "elected." Power to the people, always...at least eventually, can lead to the best result. The problem, in this case, is the people may be blinded by the fact the the white trash POS is somehow better than the slimey ethnic POS.

Bottom-line is a POS, is....well....a POS. Just sayin'. :shrug:

ClevelandBronco
06-25-2011, 11:26 PM
So everyone just assumes that a CEO must be white. Yeah, chances are he is, but the story doesn't mention it. I guess we all have our prejudices.

I don't know about the 15 years. Three strikes, mandatory sentencing, who knows? Without details it seems excessive.

40 months seems like pure bullshit.

Me? I go 15 months for the $100 and 40 years for the $3 billion, but it's a legal system, not a justice system.

Lonewolf Ed
06-25-2011, 11:30 PM
If the homeless guy stole every day of his life, and an average of 100 dollars per day, how many days would it take for him to reach 3 billion? :hmmm:

Easy 6
06-25-2011, 11:33 PM
If the homeless guy stole every day of his life, and an average of 100 dollars per day, how many days would it take for him to reach 3 billion? :hmmm:

Hang on, lemme get my calculator...

BIG_DADDY
06-25-2011, 11:36 PM
You are preaching to the choir.

spida_man23
06-26-2011, 01:10 AM
100? He turned himself in, damn, he shoulda never got 15 years... guys get 8-10 for manslaughter WTF?

JD10367
06-26-2011, 10:01 AM
What?!? What's that, you say?!? Rich, famous white people get preferential treatment over poor black people?!? Say it ain't so!! Not here, not in America!!!1!1!

:yawn:

KChiefs1
06-26-2011, 10:15 AM
The judge had the black dude's best interests at heart:
Free room & board
Free food
Free medical coverage
Annual medical checkups
All the sex you can handle

Gonzo
06-26-2011, 10:19 AM
American hypocrisy at its worst.

And it runs through every puppet president lately, regardless of party... Obama = Bush, figureheads at anothers behest.

I still solidly believe in what this country can represent, but greed is sickeningly pervasive & it has no party affiliation.

You just had to be "that guy" didn't you?

To the DC!
Posted via Mobile Device

IrishGal
06-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Weird, one guy makes tons of people homeless by stealing $3 billions dollars and he gets less than 3 1/2 years?? And the homeless guy who steals $100 is given 15 years. I bet if the homeless guy had known what he would get sentenced he would've taken more money and wouldn't have turned himself in. Hell if you're gonna do the time, make it worthwhile and take as much cash as you can. These articles didn't say as far as the CEO goes, but I bet a lot of tax payer dollars were spent on a trial for the jerk. At least the homeless guy had the balls to plead guilty and save everyone the time and expense.

Our country is f*cked and getting more so by the minute. Where in the hell did all the common sense go?

Just Passin' By
06-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Both are in the USA. I realize VA is run by communists, and LA is run by Nazis...but they both, at least, got "elected." Power to the people, always...at least eventually, can lead to the best result. The problem, in this case, is the people may be blinded by the fact the the white trash POS is somehow better than the slimey ethnic POS.

Bottom-line is a POS, is....well....a POS. Just sayin'. :shrug:

It's different jurisdictions, which have different laws for penalties, and even different takes on what's illegal. I probably should have noted the federal/state difference as well.

When you complain about sentencing structures in different jurisdictions, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Okie_Apparition
06-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Justice is all about what you can afford. Mr Brown's reverse mortgage app was denied

Baby Lee
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
It appears that the DA/Prosecuting Attorney in the bank robber's case had been getting hammered in recent history for requesting too lenient sentences. Presumably first off, he had discretion in what exactly he charged the man with. Even then, sentencing guidelines for the offense charged ranged from 5-40 years, and the DA/PA levied for the max.

Backwards Masking
06-26-2011, 12:44 PM
The CEO robbed billions from ordinary tax paying citizens. which aren't really necessary to keep the econmy going. The black guy stole and gave back a $100 from a bank, which is an institution vital to human survival. Do you I think the sentencing is unair? You bet your *ss!! The black guy should have been executed by hanging and the CEO should have been given a warning. The CEO paid a lot more in taxes over the years than the black guy, therefore his life and freedom are of far more value.

Backwards Masking
06-26-2011, 12:46 PM
It appears that the DA/Prosecuting Attorney in the bank robber's case had been getting hammered in recent history for requesting too lenient sentences. Presumably first off, he had discretion in what exactly he charged the man with. Even then, sentencing guidelines for the offense charged ranged from 5-40 years, and the DA/PA levied for the max.

Exactly! The judges reputation matters more to the moral fabric of society than this pesky black guys confession of near or total misdeameanor theft.