PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Thousands of Baseball/Football cards for sale or for free to a worthy new home.

BigRedChief
06-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Sheets and binders full of hall of famer and star cards. We are talking real Willie Mays, Drysdale, Boyer, Cepada, Killibrew, Nolan Ryan etc. old school cards. Current and future Hall of famers like Jeter (sheets full), Clemons, Boggs. Molitor, yount, Fisk etc.

3 mid 90s assorted baseball card sets and 1 mid 90s assorted foot ball card set 90's basketball cards.

John madden limited card set from the early 90's.

2 1989 complete baseball card sets

30 card limited edition joe dimagio set

1997 i-70 series program (first year of interleague play).

1991 baseball card set

I also have thousands (literally) of baseball cards of stars, known players or touted rookies from the mid 90's. All the cards were worth at least 25 cents back them. Who knows what value is in those boxes now?

How much for the whole package? Tell me publically or privately. If your serious, we can arrange for you to come over to the house and look the stuff over.

If sold, 10% of the total sale price goes to the Planet to help fund the server and bandwidth.

If no serious buyers come forward and I can't sell the stuff on Craigslist let me know privately or publically why you need the cards but can't afford them? Do you know some kids that would appreciate the cards etc.?

EDIT:
The cards are going to this charity organization.

If you are looking to donate the cards to a good cause, the organization that I work for, the Self Advocate Coalition of Kansas, will be losing its funding on June 30, 2011. We are a non-profit that helps adults with developmental disabilities advocate for themselves. Our contract was not renewed for the upcoming fiscal year (well, no contract with any advocacy group) by the Kansas Dept. of Social and Rehabilitation Services because the Brownback administration is planning a major overhaul of the Medicaid program and is afraid that consumer input in the process will prevent their political objectives.

It is a good organization that has really helped a lot of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities become more independent.

If you would to learn more about our organization, you can visit our website: http://www.sackonline.org/ (http://www.sackonline.org/)
<!-- START CLTAGS -->

Ebolapox
06-26-2011, 06:53 PM
bad market to be selling cards in, man. you'll be lucky to get a few hundy depending on some of the older cards (nolan ryan RC, some other HOF rcs can be pretty expensive)

hill billie
06-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Baseball card shops are hurting so bad they won't even take free cards. The space in their shop is too valuable.

MIAdragon
06-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Man stash them away for your kids or your kids, kids. I love to have some of the old stuff that I could share with my daughter of her kids.

BigRedChief
06-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Man stash them away for your kids or your kids, kids. I love to have some of the old stuff that I could share with my daughter of her kids.I have a lot more stuff that I've saved. Sheets full of Cardinals and Griffery jr early cards. Mantle, Yatremski, Maris etc rookie cards. I'm moving and won't have as much space as I have now in the new home. I saved the stuff my son wanted to save for him.

Don't really care about the money. Just want it to go to an appreciative home like the Chiefs stuff to NZoner, Griffey Jr. stuff to Mr. Flopnuts etc.

cabletech94
06-26-2011, 07:38 PM
any D.T. rookie cards, SIR?

L.A. Chieffan
06-26-2011, 07:50 PM
what rookie cards do you have?

Saul Good
06-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I'd be willing to buy them, but I don't really know why. I love baseball cards and was obsessed with them years ago. I don't look at mine often, but I get really nostalgic when I do. For some reason, the binder with the 1986 Donruss set always gets to me. I think it was the first full set I ever had in a binder. When I open it up and see the "Diamond Kings" in the front, it really takes me back.

I'd give you something for them, or I'd make a donation to the site.

Gonzo
06-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I'll take whatever football cards you wanna give up, brc.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
06-26-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll take whatever football cards you wanna give up, brc.
Posted via Mobile DeviceMost of the football cards I have are from the mid 90's some players didn't turn out so wellll aka Heath Shuler.....wellll unless he makes it big in politics ;)

I gave up my Chiefs and Montana cards to Nzoner.

Pestilence
06-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Any Montana cards?

BigRedChief
06-26-2011, 08:29 PM
what rookie cards do you have?Hall of famers? a few but most are not in good condition. Mid 90's stars, tons. I think there are like 6-8 pages of nothing but jeter rookie cards. Should be in great shape. Pulled out of factory sets straight into the sheets.

BigRedChief
06-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Any Montana cards?nah those are all in the stuff I gave to NZoner. But, I think you should get some of those cards. Theres a whole folder full of sheets of nothing but Montana in a Chiefs uniform. Phobia has the stuff now, holding it for NZoner.

Demonpenz
06-26-2011, 09:57 PM
you got any Jeff Blauser?

KCrockaholic
06-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Baseball card shops are hurting so bad they won't even take free cards. The space in their shop is too valuable.

Funny, but this is true. Actually it goes more like... They wont take free cards because they don't have enough room in their shop to put other cards because they can't sell the ones they already have as it is.

teedubya
06-26-2011, 11:43 PM
You have any Bill Pecota or Buddy Biancalana Rookie cards?

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 12:12 AM
goes without saying i'll be happy to take any Raiders cards off your hands. :thumb:

thurman merman
06-27-2011, 12:35 AM
you got any Jeff Blauser?

ROFL

BigRedChief
06-27-2011, 07:28 AM
goes without saying i'll be happy to take any Raiders cards off your hands. :thumb:sorry dude, they were used for kindling starter paper for camp fires.:p

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 07:43 AM
sorry dude, they were used for kindling starter paper for camp fires.:p
Thats just mean :huh:

Gonzo
06-27-2011, 09:10 AM
I have a Topps Tony Casillas in perfect condition with the Chiefs logo in gold foil.

That sunbitch is gonna be worth something someday.

I also have a topps Montana rookie and a topps DT signed rookie hanging in my basement.

Deberg_1990
06-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Best cards are have are Mark McGuire rookie and Kobe Bryant rookies.....

Ive got several old Topps and Fleer cards from the late 70's and early 80's with several of the era's stars. I bought them when i was a kid. They are not in the greatest condition, but not in awful shape either. Ill probably just give them to my kids.

I havent really kept up on the value of cards anymore....whats a good website to look up info on card values?

DMAC
06-27-2011, 11:58 AM
I have this Jordan error card that used to be worth hundreds as a kid. Just found it random in a pack. Obviously mine is the one that states he won the dunk contest in '85 and '90.

I bet I could get .50 for it now.

http://prohoopsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/MJ-Error-Cards-F-1024x721.jpg

BigRedChief
06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
We have a winner. The cards will be donated to this organization.

If you are looking to donate the cards to a good cause, the organization that I work for, the Self Advocate Coalition of Kansas, will be losing its funding on June 30, 2011. We are a non-profit that helps adults with developmental disabilities advocate for themselves. Our contract was not renewed for the upcoming fiscal year (well, no contract with any advocacy group) by the Kansas Dept. of Social and Rehabilitation Services because the Brownback administration is planning a major overhaul of the Medicaid program and is afraid that consumer input in the process will prevent their political objectives.

It is a good organization that has really helped a lot of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities become more independent.

If you would to learn more about our organization, you can visit our website: http://www.sackonline.org/ (http://www.sackonline.org/)

cardken
06-27-2011, 06:42 PM
the Baseball Card Boom was an early predecessor to the "housing bubble" popping, over inflated value. I remember thinking back in the day, when a friend of mine owned a shop used to tell me, "It's worth $200." I was always like, "To Who."

BigRedChief
06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
the Baseball Card Boom was an early predecessor to the "housing bubble" popping, over inflated value. I remember thinking back in the day, when a friend of mine owned a shop used to tell me, "It's worth $200." I was always like, "To Who."No matter what we are talking about, as always, its worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.

I think in this case since its for charity that maybe they can put all of one players cards, a era's cards, a teams cards and because its for charity, maybe raise some money. At least thats my hope. Maybe something good comes of this instead of just taking up space in my basement.

Backwards Masking
06-27-2011, 08:29 PM
How come all the free baseball cards that got handed out by local cops as a little kid never wound up being worth a sh*t?

Fat Elvis
06-27-2011, 09:32 PM
You are a good man, BRC.

Ebolapox
06-28-2011, 07:49 PM
How come all the free baseball cards that got handed out by local cops as a little kid never wound up being worth a sh*t?

some of them ARE worth some money.

BigRedChief
06-28-2011, 09:05 PM
some of them ARE worth some money.One of my most valuable cards is a Ken Griffey jr. Tops card from 1990. The regular card is worth 50 cents to $1. But this card was part of a set that was given our for free to the troops in Desert Storm. Not a lot of those cards made it back to the USA, hence the value.

Ebolapox
06-28-2011, 09:24 PM
One of my most valuable cards is a Ken Griffey jr. Tops card from 1990. The regular card is worth 50 cents to $1. But this card was part of a set that was given our for free to the troops in Desert Storm. Not a lot of those cards made it back to the USA, hence the value.

yep, the desert storm set.

big nasty kcnut
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
hey bigredchief check your pm

Nzoner
07-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Ok firework sales are in the books for another season and I'll be giving Phil a call.Thanks again BRC.

Deberg_1990
07-08-2011, 07:28 AM

I have a few of those too from the early 80's. Chiefs cards

rageeumr
07-08-2011, 07:51 AM
One of my most valuable cards is a Ken Griffey jr. Tops card from 1990. The regular card is worth 50 cents to $1. But this card was part of a set that was given our for free to the troops in Desert Storm. Not a lot of those cards made it back to the USA, hence the value.

I've got a box of those cards laying around somewhere at my parents house. My dad brought them back for me. Little gold palm tree in the corner, right? I need to go through them and see who I have.

big nasty kcnut
07-08-2011, 08:08 AM
big red chiefs check your pm. i wrote to you

BigRedChief
07-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I've got a box of those cards laying around somewhere at my parents house. My dad brought them back for me. Little gold palm tree in the corner, right? I need to go through them and see who I have.yep, thats the card.

BigRedChief
07-08-2011, 07:57 PM
big red chiefs check your pm. i wrote to youI decided and posted that the cards were going to charity before you sent me the pm. You should have spoke up sooner. :(

BigRedChief
07-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Ok firework sales are in the books for another season and I'll be giving Phil a call.Thanks again BRC.This was a different batch of stuff. You got the Chiefs related stuff. Phil already has that memorbilia.

Easy 6
07-08-2011, 10:56 PM
What a terrible shame my beloved football cards have come to, people are throwing them away like candy at a parade, it used to be sooo cool & fun... Topps, Donruss & Fleer... once it got beyond that it was death.

Too many makers started glutting the market with game jersey & game ball cards in the 90's, then it all went intranet & straight to trash, just like vinyl albums & anything else that used to be fun.

When everyone can get one, it aint worth sheeet.

BigRedChief
08-08-2011, 08:22 PM
We have a winner. The cards will be donated to this organization.

If you would to learn more about our organization, you can visit our website: http://www.sackonline.org/ (http://www.sackonline.org/) The Self Advocate Coalition of Kansas has taken possession of the cards and memorbilia to be auctioned off to benefit those people in need of their services.

Thanks again for all the people volunteering their charities but I'm sure most would agree that this charity is a worthy one.