PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another way the lockout/strike might screw us...

Braincase
06-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I might be sounding a bit pessimistic here, but I wouldn't expect the Chiefs to have a winning record this next based on our prospective opponents, and I certainly don't see us winning the AFC West.

That said, what would happen to the draft order next April? Wouldn't it pretty much be the same order as it would be this last spring? We might be drafting at 23 again, when we would most likely be drafting 5-10 places higher.

Thoughts?

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

ITS A LOCKOUT not a strike....

Okie_Apparition
06-27-2011, 12:27 PM
If this year's rookies ain't signed by then do they become draft eligible again

keg in kc
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I might be sounding a bit pessimistic here, but I wouldn't expect the Chiefs to have a winning record this next based on our prospective opponents, and I certainly don't see us winning the AFC West. I get the logic there, but a problem I have with the 'can't win the west' argument is that the schedule for the rest of the division differs from ours by just two games, home and road locations aside. If we're supposed to struggle in the win-loss column with a more difficult schedule, shouldn't the same hold true for the rest of them? So I'm not sure why the rest of the division is some insurmountable hill to climb.

HotRoute
06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Wait what?

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 12:45 PM
What the fuck is your question?

Chief Faithful
06-27-2011, 12:48 PM
I might be sounding a bit pessimistic here, but I wouldn't expect the Chiefs to have a winning record this next based on our prospective opponents, and I certainly don't see us winning the AFC West.

That said, what would happen to the draft order next April? Wouldn't it pretty much be the same order as it would be this last spring? We might be drafting at 23 again, when we would most likely be drafting 5-10 places higher.

Thoughts?

I figure it should only take 9 wins to take the Division.

Sofa King
06-27-2011, 01:12 PM
What the **** is your question?

This.

|Zach|
06-27-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't understand that pessimism at all.

Demonpenz
06-27-2011, 01:14 PM
we need this season to happen so we can clearly see if Cassel is the answer or not

Fire Me Boy!
06-27-2011, 01:20 PM
So... if we don't play, that means we're division champs two years running by default!!!

cabletech94
06-27-2011, 02:07 PM
So... if we don't play, that means we're division champs two years running by default!!!

we just won the effing internets!1!111!1!!!

to the motha effin' paddle boats!!!!:clap:

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
I figure it should only take 9 wins to take the Division.
Yeah, so you can clean your lockers out a week later than the rest of the AFC west teams when you do repeat one and done LMAO

Sofa King
06-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah, so you can clean your lockers out a week later than the rest of the AFC west teams when you do repeat one and done LMAO

Year in and year out Raiders fans continue to think they have justifiable reason to laugh at other teams...

I just don't get it.

Amnorix
06-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Year in and year out Raiders fans continue to think they have justifiable reason to laugh at other teams...

I just don't get it.

Dooood, dey were da shit 35 years ago, ya know?

Sofa King
06-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Dooood, dey were da shit 35 years ago, ya know?

http://www.kcchiefsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/BernardPollardBrady.jpg

The Bad Guy
06-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't understand that pessimism at all.

100% agreed. This might be the most talented squad we have had in some time. Young, upcoming defense with some rookie addtions lead by one of the best coordinators in the league, young offense with 2 huge outside receivers, a sure handed TE and top 5 RB.

I'm more optimistic about this team than I have been about any Chiefs team in a long time.

The Bad Guy
06-27-2011, 03:30 PM

I just don't get it.

They think they are tough because they wear silver and black.

The Raider mystique has been dead for roughly 30 years. The tools who follow them like it's a badge of toughness haven't gotten the memo yet.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 04:01 PM
They think they are tough because they wear silver and black.

The Raider mystique has been dead for roughly 30 years. The tools who follow them like it's a badge of toughness haven't gotten the memo yet.
How many Lombardies in the Chiefs show case again :hmmm:

The Bad Guy
06-27-2011, 04:52 PM
How many Lombardies in the Chiefs show case again :hmmm:

How many have happened within the last 25 years?

BigMeatballDave
06-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah, so you can clean your lockers out a week later than the rest of the AFC west teams when you do repeat one and done LMAOSorry, when was the last Raider play off appearance? :)

Garcia Bronco
06-27-2011, 05:00 PM
When was the last Chiefs playoff win? George Bush was President...that would be Herbert.

The Bad Guy
06-27-2011, 05:06 PM
When was the last Chiefs playoff win? George Bush was President...that would be Herbert.

Says the guy of the team who has the longest playoff drought in the division.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-27-2011, 05:17 PM
I do expect this team to have a winning record this year...Screw this tough schedule BS. We all know in the NFL teams ALWAYS play the same year to year :rolleyes:

DaFace
06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm confused. What does the lockout have to do with draft order?

kstater
06-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm confused. What does the lockout have to do with draft order?

If they don't play then they'll be drafting at 23 because they use last years results. But they should be getting talent at around 15 because they'll be worse this year.

DaFace
06-27-2011, 05:40 PM
If they don't play then they'll be drafting at 23 because they use last years results. But they should be getting talent at around 15 because they'll be worse this year.

Ah. So pure speculation about the team's performance then. Gotcha.

(Not to mention that I give the possibility of the entire season being scrapped about a 1% chance.)

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-27-2011, 05:43 PM
If this year's rookies ain't signed by then do they become draft eligible again

That's a helluva question, I would assume not since there was no chance to sign them but who knows?

bevischief
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
point?

el borracho
06-27-2011, 08:40 PM
we need this season to happen so we can clearly see if Cassel is the answer or not

I've already seen; he isn't.

listopencil
06-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Holy shit, talking crap to each other in this division has turned into a giant four man cripple fight. Sad, just sad.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Holy shit, talking crap to each other in this division has turned into a giant four man cripple fight. Sad, just sad.
Might as well, can't do it to any other division :huh:

|Zach|
06-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Might as well, can't do it to any other division :huh:

Yea, we saw your handy work against the NFC West last year.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Yea, we saw your handy work against the NFC West last year.
Kinda looked like the Chiefs in a play off game in a different colored uniform

|Zach|
06-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Kinda looked like the Chiefs in a play off game in a different colored uniform

Sick burn.

It is kinda tough to be down on the Chiefs....it wasn't long ago we were worthless and now we are an ascending team. Even being in the playoffs last year from where we were was quite a thing to see. We have a roster full of players who are getting better.

Meanwhile your organization keep even keep its own coaching staff and is famous for some of the biggest drafting blunders of all time. If you ever want tips on rebuilding feel free to try and ask us.

|Zach|
06-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Raiders fans wake up *dreaming* these days of playing badly in the playoffs. Mean while they get a few wins in what has lately been a series dominated by the Chiefs and they were ready to hang a banner. Talk about a difference in perspective.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Sick burn.

It is kinda tough to be down on the Chiefs....it wasn't long ago we were worthless and now we are an ascending team. Even being in the playoffs last year from where we were was quite a thing to see. We have a roster full of players who are getting better.

Meanwhile your organization keep even keep its own coaching staff and is famous for some of the biggest drafting blunders of all time. If you ever want tips on rebuilding feel free to try and ask us.

At least we're consistant :)

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 09:52 PM

I just don't get it.

come on Dude,
I'm a rival fan ... what am I suposed to do?

Sure didn't make the play off's, but we did sweep the Division, and for what we have accomplished since Gannon went down, it's some progress..small as it may be. Because in the end..."it don't mean a thing, if ya ain't got that ring."

Gimme a freaken break. When the shoe was on the other foot, you did the same thing :p

BossChief
06-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Losing Cable and Asamoagha is gonna really hurt the Raiders. I see them taking a step back overall, but I like some of their young players that should start coming into their own if their coaches can tap into their talent and get them to channel their talents on the field.

San Diego losing Ron Rivera and having a lot of issues with players they will have a hard time re-signing will have them taking another step back. They havent been the same team since Merriman got popped.

Denver will not stop anyones running attack and that will nullify their pass rush talent and render their defense in a lot of positions where they are forced to play like a fish out of water. Trying to catch up against teams running at will on them and getting further exposed in the run game.

If the majority of the season is played and we stay relatively healthy, we should be able to win another division crown IF Matt Cassel takes the next step in his development and the rest of the team stays the course and listens to what these coaches are teaching them to do.

MagicHef
06-27-2011, 10:21 PM

Sorry, but no.

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Losing Cable and Asamoagha is gonna really hurt the Raiders. I see them taking a step back overall, but I like some of their young players that should start coming into their own if their coaches can tap into their talent and get them to channel their talents on the field.

YEP!!
And I'm still pissed to this day over Al being retarded enough NOT to have had Both Namdi AND Woodson wreaking havoc in the back field together, like Tatum and Atkinson did.
It could have been a dream come true,,but NOPE, the Crypt keeper would have none of it.:banghead:

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM

And the ones to win the last Super Bowl in the division. We certainly aren't last to actually win a playoff game. :P

Saul Good
06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
This is a great time to change head coaches. How hard can it be to get an entire football team on the same page, anyway? Also, who needs their best player to stick around? Not Oakland.