PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Was Chris Wallace being sexist toward Bachmann?

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Appearing on "Fox News Sunday" that morning, Bachmann faced an unusual question from Wallace: "Are you a flake?"

"That would be insulting to say something like that," Bachmann told him, pointing to her record as a lawmaker and businesswoman. "Of course, a person has to be careful with what their words are. And now I will have an opportunity to speak fully."

HonestChieffan
06-27-2011, 12:13 PM
whats sex have to do with it. The same stupid question could have been directed at any candidate.

He was stupid for asking the question.

LiveSteam
06-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Chris Wallace
Isnt he the guy that has all the pedophiles come to the house & films it all before they leave & get arrested? Or am i thinking of some one else ?

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 12:16 PM
whats sex have to do with it. The same stupid question could have been directed at any candidate.

Greta thinks it might have been

Still, Wallace has taken heat for what has in some cases been interpreted as the question's sexist undertone.

"Is this how Chris Wallace would ask the same question of a man?" wondered Fox News' Greta Van Susteren in a blog post (http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/what-do-you-think-of-this-chris-wallace-question-to-rep-michele-bachmann/) Sunday. "Is [the question] hard hitting journalism or something else?"

HonestChieffan
06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Is Greta the arbiter of such questions?

vailpass
06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
What's wrong with being sexy?/ British accent

mlyonsd
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I saw the interview. He prefaced the question with several examples of strange things she said publicly.

The answer to your question is no.

Amnorix
06-27-2011, 12:31 PM
It's not sexist. Ron Paul is a flake too.

vailpass
06-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't want a woman candidate for this very reason. Like a black candidate the focus will be as much on their physical attributes as it is on their performance and I am so tired of that with the current fiasco in the White House.
Plus there will be 3 or 4 days out of every month where the President is a raving bitch.

Brock
06-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I guess that means the answer is yes.

Iowanian
06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
If she wants to be a serious contender, she's going to have to wear thick skin and be able to respond well to oddball questions. I don't want someone who can't handle a question like that, or some form of inuendo to be in charge of our military capabilities.

I don't like everything she's ever said on every topic, but so far she'd be in my top 3 most likely votes from the available field.

SNR
06-27-2011, 12:42 PM
It's not sexist. Ron Paul is a flake too.I can't name a single politician in the history of mankind who wasn't a flake. It comes with the territory

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Is Greta the arbiter of such questions?

No but I take it Bachmann thought it was since she didn't accept Wallace's apology.

vailpass
06-27-2011, 12:45 PM
No but I take it Bachmann thought it was since she didn't accept Wallace's apology.

Probably on the rag.

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't want a woman candidate for this very reason. Like a black candidate the focus will be as much on their physical attributes as it is on their performance and I am so tired of that with the current fiasco in the White House.
Plus there will be 3 or 4 days out of every month where the President is a raving bitch.

You never ever would support a woman candidate for POTUS?

vailpass
06-27-2011, 12:51 PM
You never ever would support a woman candidate for POTUS?

I didn't say that.
I said I am disgusted with the fact that with our current President the focus was/is as much on his physical attributes as it is his abilities.
IMHO obama is in office largely because he is half black.

I don't want a woman candidate next because I'm afraid the same thing would happen, that the focus would be on her gender as much as her qualifications. That isn't to say a woman can't be qualified.

patteeu
06-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Greta thinks it might have been

I could see him asking that same question of a Ron Paul or a Dennis Kucinich. "Flake" doesn't sound decidedly female to me like "bitch" or "ditz" would have.

Iowanian
06-27-2011, 12:53 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing. On those days, I have her call people that owe us money, renegotiate the credit card interest rates and call the parents of the kids that have been picking on our nephews at the playground.

"Hi, this is President Bachman of the United States of America....Hugo?"
"Si"
"Where is your father?"
"It doesn't matter where he is"
"yes it does, I saw what you texted my daughter(insert threat to national friend)....if you call her again, I'm going to kill your father"
"What? QUe?"
"You heard me....If I hear from your filthy sewer again in a disrespectful tone, I'm not doing anything to you, but I'll kill your father"
"uh ok"
"by the way, the petunias in the Plaza de Nachos look marvelous, Good Day Sir"

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
I didn't say that.
I said I am disgusted with the fact that with our current President the focus was/is as much on his physical attributes as it is his abilities.
IMHO obama is in office largely because he is half black.

I don't want a woman candidate next because I'm afraid the same thing would happen, that the focus would be on her gender as much as her qualifications. That isn't to say a woman can't be qualified.

I guess but whenever the first woman that becomes either party's nominee whether it is next year or later the focus will be on their gender. It is inevitable.

vailpass
06-27-2011, 12:55 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing. On those days, I have her call people that owe us money, renegotiate the credit card interest rates and call the parents of the kids that have been picking on our nephews at the playground.

"Hi, this is President Bachman of the United States of America....Hugo?"
"Si"
"Where is your father?"
"It doesn't matter where he is"
"yes it does, I saw what you texted my daughter(insert threat to national friend)....if you call her again, I'm going to kill your father"
"What? QUe?"
"You heard me....If I hear from your filthy sewer again in a disrespectful tone, I'm not doing anything to you, but I'll kill your father"
"uh ok"
"by the way, the petunias in the Plaza de Nachos look marvelous, Good Day Sir"

LMAO Plaza de Nachos.

mlyonsd
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I could see him asking that same question of a Ron Paul or a Dennis Kucinich. "Flake" doesn't sound decidedly female to me like "bitch" or "ditz" would have."Dingbat" might have been a little over the top.

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
I could see him asking that same question of a Ron Paul or a Dennis Kucinich. "Flake" doesn't sound decidedly female to me like "bitch" or "ditz" would have.

He interviewed Ron Paul just last month and didn't ask if he was a flake

mlyonsd
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
He interviewed Ron Paul just last month and didn't ask if he was a flakeDid you watch the interview?

The Mad Crapper
06-27-2011, 01:04 PM
I know she's not going to win the primaries (because dem's can vote in R primaries) but I'd gladly vote for her and support her if she was the candidate. She's not a global warming moonbat, and she'll fight fire with fire and not play footsie with that vicious communist Obama.

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Did you watch the interview?

Ron Paul or Bachmann?

Saul Good
06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't think that question would have been asked of a man. Whether or not that makes it sexist, I don't know.

patteeu
06-27-2011, 01:18 PM
He interviewed Ron Paul just last month and didn't ask if he was a flake

Ron Paul isn't new to the scene. Do you need this to be sexist?

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I know she's not going to win the primaries (because dem's can vote in R primaries) but I'd gladly vote for her and support her if she was the candidate. She's not a global warming moonbat, and she'll fight fire with fire and not play footsie with that vicious communist Obama.

You think Dems are afraid of Bachmann?

mlyonsd
06-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Ron Paul or Bachmann?Bachmann.

ClevelandBronco
06-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I would have figured that the sexist question would be, "Are you a ditz?"

dirk digler
Ron Paul isn't new to the scene. Do you need this to be sexist?

Nope but IMHO it probably was.

vailpass
He should have patted that cupcake on the ass and sent her for a sandwich.

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Bachmann.

I watched the video

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=9FLRXJ27VB780RGJ&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

mlyonsd
06-27-2011, 01:33 PM
I watched the video

And you see something sexist there? Do you see dead people too? :p

If anything you should be pointing out the WH was correct, Fox News is fair and balanced for highlighting Bachmann's past statements and then asking her a point blank question about them. No way does David Gregory ask either of the Obama's a question like that.

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 01:46 PM
And you see something sexist there? Do you see dead people too? :p

If anything you should be pointing out the WH was correct, Fox News is fair and balanced for highlighting Bachmann's past statements and then asking her a point blank question about them. No way does David Gregory ask either of the Obama's a question like that.

I think that it was somewhat sexist only because I don't believe he would have asked a man if they were a flake.

Could you imagine the outrage from the right if Gregory asked Bachmann or Palin if they were a flake? They would be demanding that he be fired today.

mlyonsd
06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
I think that it was somewhat sexist only because I don't believe he would have asked a man if they were a flake.

Could you imagine the outrage from the right if Gregory asked Bachmann or Palin if they were a flake? They would be demanding that he be fired today.I see what you're attempting to do here.....sorry, as dumb as Bachmann looks she will be the woman in the GOP field.....not Palin.

The Mad Crapper
06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
The Left will pick the GOP candidate. Sorry, but that's reality. So get ready to hold your nose, close your eyes, and vote for Romney or some other global warming moonbat.

It is what it is--- your choice will be a NE liberal or a Chicago communist/criminal. Not much on the menu, deal with it.

dirk digler
06-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I see what you're attempting to do here.....sorry, as dumb as Bachmann looks she will be the woman in the GOP field.....not Palin.

I am still holding out hope :p

Jaric
06-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I am still holding out hope :p

That will change.

RNR
06-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Could you imagine the outrage from the right if Gregory asked Bachmann or Palin if they were a flake? They would be demanding that he be fired today.

Sexist? I don't think so as in my view she is, but in my defense so is Romney~

scott free
06-27-2011, 03:08 PM
He should've asked her for some pinup shots & put'em up for his viewers.

I need to see her in something tight & skimpy before i can proffer an informed opinion.

go bowe
06-27-2011, 03:25 PM
He should've asked her for some pinup shots & put'em up for his viewers.

I need to see her in something tight & skimpy before i can proffer an informed opinion.

good god man...

the woman is 55 years old and raised 23 foster kids...

she's gotta be worn out...

redsurfer11
06-27-2011, 03:29 PM

Can't use that excuse. Bachmann is 55 years old. Menopause has already struck. She no longer gets those 3-4 days every month.

Radar Chief
06-27-2011, 03:37 PM
good god man...

So this guy as at a bar when this older but not unattractive woman at the end of the bar sends him a drink. He goes over to chit chat with her and the conversation eventually turns to what is happening after the bar closes when the lady asks him, “Ever heard of the sports mans double?” The guy replies, “No” so she explains that a “sports mans double” is having three way with a mother and daughter. Excited the guy goes home with her and when they arrive the woman yells up the stairs, “Hey Mah, you got your teeth in?”

scott free
06-27-2011, 03:39 PM
good god man...

She looks more like 45, i've got a milf crush on her... cant help it.

go bowe
06-27-2011, 03:43 PM
So this guy as at a bar when this older but not unattractive woman at the end of the bar sends him a drink. He goes over to chit chat with her and the conversation eventually turns to what is happening after the bar closes when the lady asks him, “Ever heard of the sports mans double?” The guy replies, “No” so she explains that a “sports mans double” is having three way with a mother and daughter. Excited the guy goes home with her and when they arrive the woman yells up the stairs, “Hey Mah, you got your teeth in?”

LMAO LMAO LMAO

go bowe
06-27-2011, 03:44 PM
She looks more like 45, i've got a milf crush on her... cant help it.

well, if mrs. robinson was good enough for a younger man, then bachman should be too, i reckon...

go for it!

Ugly Duck
06-27-2011, 08:32 PM

Naw... he could just as easily have asked Rand Paul if he was a flake. It weren't cuz she's a woman - its cuz she's a flake.

go bowe
06-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Naw... he could just as easily have asked Rand Paul if he was a flake. It weren't cuz she's a woman - its cuz she's a flake.

stop it now...

you just don't like her because she's a vikings fan...

Dave Lane
06-27-2011, 11:14 PM

He was actually being a reporter. He already knew the answer he just wanted her to agree she was.

orange
06-28-2011, 12:57 AM
CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, broadcast on November 02, 2007:

"If you pull up articles on you consistently, you'll see, on occasion but consistently, a lot of people will describe you as a flake," Soledad O'Brien said, teeing up her final question of the interview. "What do you make when you read something like that about yourself?"

"Well, that and radical and extremist," Ron Paul replied. "I think they're in charge. I think anybody who thinks they can print money out of thin air and think the dollar is going to keep it's value and not cause economic harm, I think that's a pretty flaky idea. That's pretty bizarre to me."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/CNN_to_Ron_Paul_A_lot_1103_af.html

Ron Paul didn't cry about it - he just answered. Is Michelle going to be trotting out the tears consistently? That's going to be a lot of tears, I'd say.

SNR
06-28-2011, 01:47 AM
CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, broadcast on November 02, 2007:

"If you pull up articles on you consistently, you'll see, on occasion but consistently, a lot of people will describe you as a flake," Soledad O'Brien said, teeing up her final question of the interview. "What do you make when you read something like that about yourself?"

"Well, that and radical and extremist," Ron Paul replied. "I think they're in charge. I think anybody who thinks they can print money out of thin air and think the dollar is going to keep it's value and not cause economic harm, I think that's a pretty flaky idea. That's pretty bizarre to me."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/CNN_to_Ron_Paul_A_lot_1103_af.html

Ron Paul didn't cry about it - he just answered. Is Michelle going to be trotting out the tears consistently? That's going to be a lot of tears, I'd say.Yeah. From the video I interpreted the question as a softball to Michelle. Wallace was clearly waiting for her to say "Haterz gonna hate!" but it never happened.