PDA

View Full Version : Life Embarrassing sports moments in your life

Count Alex's Losses
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
1. Was playing football at recess during elementary school. Everyone was standing around arguing. I grabbed the ball and yelled HUT HUT! Knowing I suck terribly at quarterback, one of the sports-aware boys immediately turned around after five yards and yelled HERE! I threw the ball and one of the other sports-aware boys picked it off and ran it back for a touchdown.

I ran away crying.

2. As a pudgy teenager, I played football on the weekends with my church brothers. One time I caught a short pass, put a move on one of the other pudgy teenagers and broke into the clear. I thought I was going to score as I pumped my arms and legs furiously, thinking I was running like Deion Sanders.

Then one of the sports-aware black brothers caught up to me, ran past me turned around, and looked at me and smiled as he ran backwards faster than I could run forward. He grabbed my flag after my amazing 30-yard gain.

3. I was playing third base with some fellows from my church one afternoon. Someone hit a screaming liner right towards me. In my unathletic prowess, I managed to allow the ball (a softball ball) to nail me right in the throat.

I fell to the ground gasping for air and thought I would die.

You?

DA_T_84
06-28-2011, 03:53 PM
When I was 17 we were playing backyard football. My nickname was Dante Hall (hence the screen name) because no one could ever bring me down. Not because of my strength, which I wasn't very strong, but because I was so damn slippery and elusive. I have really good balance so I was able to juke the shit out of guys.

The other thing about backyard football is that 90% of the time the guys who try to tackle you use their arms and hands to hang on and pull you down rather than hit you. I would just swat their hands away and thats how I would always spring loose.

I am also a nice guy, by nature.

STORY:

I get the ball on a 10 yard out and turn it up field. One of the kids who tries to bring me down is quick as shit, but short and so I feel him grabbing at me. He has both hand on me, so my next best chance of getting lose is a stiff arm to his face.

Well, I miss his forehead and poke him in the eye. He immediately lets go and yells out in pain. I feel bad, and start apologizing. And keep apologizing while I run the rest of the way to the endzone, looking backwards at him.

I scored, but everyone still gives me shit about apologizing like a bitch.

DA_T_84
06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
When I was 17 we were playing backyard football. My nickname was Dante Hall (hence the screen name) because no one could ever bring me down. Not because of my strength, which I wasn't very strong, but because I was so damn slippery and elusive. I have really good balance so I was able to juke the shit out of guys.

The other thing about backyard football is that 90% of the time the guys who try to tackle you use their arms and hands to hang on and pull you down rather than hit you. I would just swat their hands away and thats how I would always spring loose.

I am also a nice guy, by nature.

STORY:

I get the ball on a 10 yard out and turn it up field. One of the kids who tries to bring me down is quick as shit, but short and so I feel him grabbing at me. He has both hand on me, so my next best chance of getting lose is a stiff arm to his face.

Well, I miss his forehead and poke him in the eye. He immediately lets go and yells out in pain. I feel bad, and start apologizing. And keep apologizing while I run the rest of the way to the endzone, looking backwards at him.

I scored, but everyone still gives me shit about apologizing like a bitch.

Cool story, bro.

Jewish Rabbi
06-28-2011, 03:55 PM
One time I bet my friends I could throw a football 400 yds. I only made it 375.

rageeumr
06-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh good Lord, where do I start? Here's a few that come to mind first for whatever reason:

1. My senior year of football we were in a close game (odd for us, usually got blown out). I played WR on offense. As I remember, it was first and goal at the 2, very close to the end of the half. Got stuffed on first down. Coach calls timeout. I plead with him, telling him that the CB is playing me outside shoulder and I could walk past him on a slant. He grudgingly calls a slant to me. WIDE open. QB hits me DIRECTLY in the hands. I drop it :facepalm:

2. When I was in high school (probably still true) you could DH for anybody. I played second base for nearly every pitch my senior year and probably got 20 ABs total because my coach always DH'd for me.

3. I broke my thumb practicing bunting at a batting cage and had to miss a few weeks of summer ball.

4. I ran the mile in junior high, and I built quite a reputation as a puker. I would throw up on the last lap or at the finish of nearly every race

5. I tried to walk on to my college basketball team despite being probably the 8th best player on my tiny high school team. The coach would have me jump rope while the other guys were scrimmaging.

I'm sure I'll come up with some more good ones.

morphius
06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Best I have is that I was forced to be on the summer swim team and was forced to go up against people that swam year round. My last year I only beat one person, and that was because he got DQ'd. It isn't that I was terrible, I qualified for conference on every stroke I did, but damn, it got old getting on the block knowing I didn't have a chance.

David.
06-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I played corner on my freshman team. In my teams only loss I got beat for the only touchdown of the game. Shitty thing was the wr had come out after the huddle from the sideline do I didn't even see him. He was pretty much 10 steps past me and 20 feet outside of me before I even saw him.

Felt shitty about that game for a long time. That said we were shut out on offense, so we lost 7-0. I'll never forget my coach yelling at me for a solid minute on the sidelines.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Kind of embarassing but kind of impressive too, (IMO).

I was playing backyard football at a buddies house. I went out on a fade route. He drops the ball perfectly over my right shoulder. I bring it in then look forward just in time to see the tree.
I hit this huge oak tree, probably 5 feet in diameter, running full speed. Next thing I know, I wake up to my buddy yelling, "HE HELD ON TO THE BALL! OMG! THAT'S A 1ST DOWN, BITCHES!"
I have no doubt I had a concussion but hey, I held onto the ball.
I was told later that the entire tree shook when I hit it.

DeezNutz
06-28-2011, 04:14 PM

It was probably laughing at your dumbass and thus the shake. Trees are alive, after all, and some have a wonderful sense of humor.

Bearcat
06-28-2011, 04:15 PM
This one time at a CP bash, I ripped a hole in the crotch of my jeans while throwing the football around.... but, I never dropped the beer.

BigMeatballDave
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
This one time at a CP bash, I ripped a hole in the crotch of my jeans while throwing the football around.... but, I never dropped the beer.ROFL I've done that.

DMAC
06-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Fumbled an onside kick in jr. high that almost (phew) cost us an undefeated season.

Fish
06-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Playing in a Soap Scrimmage in high school football. I think I was a sophomore. It wasn't a huge event, but most of the parents and local boosters showed up to donate soap for the football season. I was at running back, and managed to break off on a helluva run. I was zipping down the field, completely outrunning everyone. At about the 10 yard line, my belt came loose, and my pants dropped to my knees. I fumbled and tumbled and ended up on my face, with my bare ass sticking in the air. I don't think there was a single person at the event that wasn't laughing.

CoMoChief
06-28-2011, 04:32 PM
playing a cross-town rival in basketball in jr high.....

well, a buddy i played AAU ball with played on the opposing team....played with this guy my whole life...we were guarding eachother the whole game, I stole the ball and headed for a fast break. There was one defender between me and the basket. All of a sudden my buddy (on the opposing team) closes in and I passed it to him.

DMAC
06-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Playing in a Soap Scrimmage in high school football. I think I was a sophomore. It wasn't a huge event, but most of the parents and local boosters showed up to donate soap for the football season. I was at running back, and managed to break off on a helluva run. I was zipping down the field, completely outrunning everyone. At about the 10 yard line, my belt came loose, and my pants dropped to my knees. I fumbled and tumbled and ended up on my face, with my bare ass sticking in the air. I don't think there was a single person at the event that wasn't laughing.

You win.

DMAC
06-28-2011, 04:34 PM
depends on the nature of the crime. something like kidnapping and other crazy ass shit, IMO the bastards probably don't deserve bail at all.

but it's mostly to prevent over crowding in local jails etc. Some cop arrests someone for a DWI or posession of marijuana....they should just be able to post their % of bail via a bondsman and move on. No reason really to keep them til the arraignment/court date etc.

Posting in the wrong thread is pretty embarrasing.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM
ripped my shorts out at a power liftin meet. sounded like a huge fart.

Donger
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM
The first time I ever attempted to play baseball. I hit the ball and ran straight out to the pitchers mound and back to home plate. Everyone was just looking at me.

Just Passin' By
06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I pulled a Bill Buckner during a regular season game, letting a ground ball go right between the wickets.

loochy
06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
playing a cross-town rival in basketball in jr high.....

well, a buddy i played AAU ball with played on the opposing team....played with this guy my whole life...we were guarding eachother the whole game, I stole the ball and headed for a fast break. There was one defender between me and the basket. All of a sudden my buddy (on the opposing team) closes in and I passed it to him.

Yeah, that's an embarrassing sports moment. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ok you fixed it. That is pretty embarrassing.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah, that's an embarrassing sports moment. :rolleyes:

give him a break. he just took a huge bong rip.

Detoxing
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
I had 3 drops in one game of organized flag football back in middle school. Yeah that sucked.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Playing football with the neighborhood kids. Got the air knocked out of me by a girl.

Twice.

SuperChief
06-28-2011, 04:44 PM
My first year (of 2 total) of wrestling. 7th grade. Didn't win a match the entire year. That was a bummer. Next year, however, placed 2nd in league. Weird turnaround, for sure.

Back in the football glory days, I was getting recruited out of high school by K-State to play Oline. Then Ron Prince took over and ruined stuff. They ended up telling me I was too "small" for them (I was 6'3, 300 lbs, strong as hell). Prince and co. were after those 6'6, 6'7 200 lbs project kids that they "thought" would turn into players. Long story short - that was pretty fucking embarassing for me.

loochy
06-28-2011, 04:46 PM
In a playoff game in 8th grade basketball I had just inbounded the ball to our point guard after a made free throw. The entire other team and our team (except me and the point guard) were already on the other end of the court ready for the next possession. As the point guard was dribbling up the court I tried to run past him to get into my position on the low block. However, right before mid court, my tall clumsy self tripped over my own foot. I smacked the floor face down and then when I rolled over my foot tripped the point guard, who then lost the ball and the other team got it and broke the other way for a layup. :grr:

Donger
06-28-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm waiting for this one:

"I missed three field goal attempts from 35, 39, and 42 yards in a 10-7 playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts in January 1996."

MOhillbilly
06-28-2011, 04:48 PM

"I missed three field goal attempts from 35, 39, and 42 yards in a 10-7 playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts in January 1996."

kill you

BigCatDaddy
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Just meant to have a a beer or two with some buddies before the HS basketball jamboree. I didn't expect to play anyways since I was basically not in the 10 man rotation as a junior so a few drinks ended up being about 8 Busch Lights. We ended up getting blown out of a game so I get some garbage mintues and get fouled going for a board. I get up to the free throw line in front of a few thousand people and the ball hit wide right damn near the top of the backboard. Possibly the worst looking free throw in history. I just calmly put my head down and ran back on D like nothing happened.

Side notes I also took a piss in the middle of a MWSU classrooom after being unable to locate a bathroom and also one upped a student teacher coach. He offered to shave his Goat if we won it all, I offered to shave my balls.

loochy
06-28-2011, 04:53 PM

How about this?

I went 9/18 for 70 yards, 3.9 yards per attempt, 0 TD, 3 INT, for a 20.4 rating in a 30-7 playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens in January 2011.

DJ's left nut
06-28-2011, 04:56 PM
2 High School football stories:

-- I played corner on my freshman team. Fairly quick but pretty small. In freshman ball there's a hell of a lot of running. We were playing a pretty solid game until the opposing dialed up a sweep that ended up with me 1-1 vs. the RB. I brought him down, but about 7 yards later. So he ran that play over and over and over again. He ran it about 10 times in a row, right the hell at me, for 80 yards and a TD. I just didn't have the size to get up there and stick the RB and we played a deeper zone so I'd hit him after 4 yards and get dragged for a bit. Sucked bawls.

-- JV game, playing corner again. We're in a cover 3 and I'm in pretty good position on the WR. Ball comes my way and I swear to this day I had it lined up. Unfortunately I just planted too soon to go up for the pick. I jumped early and about 2 steps in front of where I needed to be. Ball goes over my retarded-looking jumping self, caught, 70 yds and a TD. I was pretty sure I was gonna pick-6 that bitch...instead I showed up to practice the next day to see a flaming stick figure with an '83' jersey on the chalkboard (I played WR as well, went with the wideout#).

And a baseball story. Once again, noting my size, I was a pretty damn good fielder but a mediocre (at best) hitter. I'm not ancient, but old enough that we still wore legitimate stirrups instead of the striped socks. I'm playing SS and there's a liner hit to my left. I make a break on it and am getting ready to lay out for my Sportscenter play - a play I was legitimately capable of making, mind you (I was tits with the glove, brotha). Alas, as I got my feet under me, my left cleat hung up in my right stirrup and twisted back behind my right leg as I start to jump. My balance is so shot to hell at that point that I mostly helicopter through the air and land on my face.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-28-2011, 04:56 PM
In college, I was selected to shoot a layup, freethrow, 3 pointer and a half court shot at halftime. If I made all 4 in less then 60 seconds, I won a brand new 1989 Ford Probe. After nearly missing the layup. I airballed the free throw.

Twice.

thurman merman
06-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I was pitching for my slow-pitch softball team last week. Don't make fun of me. I'm not good enough to play baseball.

Anyway, we were winning 13-5 in the top of the 7th (last inning), and I walked about 10-15 people in the inning. We gave up 16 runs in that inning, and they probably only got 2 or 3 hits. We lost 21-14.

Buck
06-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I was at the San Diego County Fair last week and there was a speed pitch machine where you got to throw two balls and on the second one you guess how fast you'll throw it after seeing your first speed.

Well this kid, no more than 10 goes up and throws it like 52. His second pitch is 53.

I go up and throw it my hardest and hit 61. LOL

DJ's left nut
06-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I was pitching for my slow-pitch softball team last week. Don't make fun of me. I'm not good enough to play baseball.

Anyway, we were winning 13-5 in the top of the 7th (last inning), and I walked about 10-15 people in the inning. We gave up 16 runs in that inning, and they probably only got 2 or 3 hits. We lost 21-14.

Dude...you win.

Though in fairness - dick move by a slow pitch team. Unless you're playing in an A or B league, swing the !@#$ing bat.

thurman merman
06-28-2011, 05:01 PM
The first time I ever attempted to play baseball. I hit the ball and ran straight out to the pitchers mound and back to home plate. Everyone was just looking at me.

ROFL

loochy
I was at the San Diego County Fair last week and there was a speed pitch machine where you got to throw two balls and on the second one you guess how fast you'll throw it after seeing your first speed.

Well this kid, no more than 10 goes up and throws it like 52. His second pitch is 53.

I go up and throw it my hardest and hit 61. LOL

It's all in the mechanics man

DeezNutz

Were your teammates managing you like Yost has Hochevar? Why didn't they go to the "pen"?

Buck
06-28-2011, 05:02 PM
It's all in the mechanics man

I was there with my chick and she said, "at least you threw it faster than that kid."

The Rick
06-28-2011, 05:03 PM
I got two of them:

1. Junior varsity football my freshman year. First game of the season, first play from scrimmage. We're on defense and I'm starting at linebacker. The other team hikes the ball and I see the hole open up right in front of me. I rush to fill the hole and see the running back heading right for me. I lower my pads, prepared to blast him for a loss. He proceeds to run right over me for a long gain, maybe even a touchdown. :shake:

2. Junior high football my eighth grade year. I'm the starting QB and we're playing Wentworth Military Academy. Our offensive line sucked, so I was used to getting drilled all year. In this game, I remember dropping back to pass and getting obliterated by their monster defensive tackle. I never saw it coming. Turns out their monster defensive tackle was a girl (she really was huge though!).

SPATCH
06-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Freshman year I made the varsity basketball team and was able to work my way into being the first guard off of the bench... second game of conference tournament, I'm in with under a minute to go in the 2nd quarter. We're being pressed in the waning moments. I get the ball and dribble right into a half court trap. Freaking out from the trap and thinking only a couple of seconds could be left in the half, I heave an impossible half-court-fadeaway-rainbow over the trap. SWISH.

Looked at the clock... 9 seconds left. Mad scramble to get back on defense.

I considered myself to be a very smart basketball player so I was pretty embarrassed to dribble right into an obvious half-court trap and heave a "buzzer-beater" with 10 seconds on the clock.

I've got other ones that didn't end nearly, NEARLY as well... but that was cool

loochy
06-28-2011, 05:04 PM
-- I played corner on my freshman team. Fairly quick but pretty small. In freshman ball there's a hell of a lot of running. We were playing a pretty solid game until the opposing dialed up a sweep that ended up with me 1-1 vs. the RB. I brought him down, but about 7 yards later. So he ran that play over and over and over again. He ran it about 10 times in a row, right the hell at me, for 80 yards and a TD. I just didn't have the size to get up there and stick the RB and we played a deeper zone so I'd hit him after 4 yards and get dragged for a bit. Sucked bawls.

Dude your coach didn't have enough sense to change the D?

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Freshman year I made the varsity basketball team and was able to work my way into being the first guard off of the bench... second game of conference tournament, I'm in with under a minute to go in the 2nd quarter. We're being pressed in the waning moments. I get the ball and dribble right into a half court trap. Freaking out from the trap and thinking only a couple of seconds could be left in the half, I heave an impossible half-court-fadeaway-rainbow over the trap. SWISH.

Looked at the clock... 9 seconds left. Mad scramble to get back on defense.

I considered myself to be a very smart basketball player so I was pretty embarrassed to dribble right into an obvious half-court trap and have a "buzzer-beater" with 10 seconds on the clock.

I've got other ones that didn't end nearly, NEARLY as well... but that was cool

Oh yes, making a half court shot is very embarrassing. How were you able to continue going to school there with all the ridicule I'm sure you endured.

thurman merman
06-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Dude...you win.

Though in fairness - dick move by a slow pitch team. Unless you're playing in an A or B league, swing the !@#$ing bat.

Yeah, totally gay team. We have a stupid black mat behind the plate that the pitcher has to hit in order to get a called strike. I probably threw a good 10-15 pitches in that inning that would have been called strikes to the naked eye. They were hitting within an inch in front of the mat, behind the mat, or to the side of the mat.

I don't know why a grown man would pay money to be in a slow pitch softball league, and then just stand there with the bat on his shoulders. How could that even be fun?

We're scheduled to play them again next week, but I think our team might just do a collective no-show.

thurman merman
06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Were your teammates managing you like Yost has Hochevar? Why didn't they go to the "pen"?

Haha. Actually our manager was gone last week, so I was the acting manager. I eventually pulled myself, but I am honestly the best pitcher on our team. Everyone is horrible at it. The guy that came in after me walked about 5 or 6 in a row too.

philfree
06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I was playing in a college golf tournament. The Drake Relays in Des Moines, IA. It was one of those situations where we didn't get to play a practice round and so I knew nothing about this course. On one paticular hole I hit a skanky drive into the right rough. I get to my ball and size up my lie and looked up to see the green that was behind some trees because I was right off the tee. I took a 9 iron and hit my shot well. It went over the trees and just trickled off the edge of the green. Good shot! Then I looked over at my playing partners across the fairway and they had astonished looks on their faces. Then I noticed a green on the other side of them a couple hundred yards away. OMG I played my shot to the wrong green 140 yards in the wrong direction:doh!: I made a triple bogey and shot a nice 80:shake:

:arrow:

SPATCH
06-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh yes, making a half court shot is very embarrassing. How were you able to continue going to school there with all the ridicule I'm sure you endured.

It was more embarrassing for me than you would think...

How about this? Senior year. Courtwarming. Having a TERRIBLE game offensively. Get a pass on a fast break for a WIDE OPEN layup. Caught the ball. Feet were wrong. Studder-stepped and took like three steps without dribbling (travel called).. missed layup anyway.

Couldn't do anything right that day.

Coach replayed it 7 or 8 times at the next film session

|Zach|
06-28-2011, 05:21 PM
When I was a freshman in HS for the varsity games I used to just be there to block for extra points. When we were within range of scoring the special teams coach would gather the XP team so we could get out there quickly and do our thing...we would pretty much be in a huddle.

There was a huge drive that ended up being a game winner on some kind of dramatic play. My coach had his hands on my shoulder pads as the play and the following touchdown...the momentum of him celebrating the play...giving me a push on to the field for the extra point and my own momentum running combined to have me land flat on my face on the field.

One of the biggest drives of the season and while everyone else is celebrating I fall right on my face. Haha.

ROFL

stevieray
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
No, I'm usually the guy embarassing others.

;)

chiefqueen
06-28-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't play sports but I became too excited after Elvis Grbac completed a 3rd down pass during the 1997 season and caused a "chain reaction" accident that caused those sitting to my right to drop their beverages and ruin a roll of NFL films (Yes, I sit on the front row.)

Dicky McElephant
06-28-2011, 05:31 PM
My Dad talked me into wrestling in the 7th grade. I was a fat little shit....so of course I get stuck in the heavy weight division.

I lost every match that year except for one. The only one that I won....was because my opponent broke his arm and had to forfeit.

I celebrated. ROFL

sd4chiefs
06-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Everytime I played any sport it was an embarrassing moment.

Saulbadguy
06-28-2011, 05:48 PM
way too many to list

Trevo_410
06-28-2011, 05:57 PM
i was pitching in 7th grade with a cast on my throwing arm... nuff said

got 4 strikeouts, the other team was just complaining i wasn't throwing hard enough.

CoMoChief
06-28-2011, 05:59 PM
i was pitching in 7th grade with a cast on my throwing arm... nuff said

got 4 strikeouts, the other team was just complaining i wasn't throwing hard enough.

haha.....i will say this...

if you play in a competitive baseball league, then have to play some shit team with shit-slow pitchers in a tournament somewhere....it's VERY hard to hit them.

DA_T_84
06-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Oh, I forgot about this one.

In 8th grade, I was playing Free Safety. We were on the road, playing some shit ass team that was way smaller than us, with t-shirt jerseys, that we should have been stomping. We were cocky all week, talking about how many points we were gonna put up, and goofing around at practice.

Instead, thanks to our jackass RB, who fumbled 3 times inside the 10 yard line going in for the score, we found ourselves in the fourth quarter tied 0-0.

Myself and the other safety kept getting pissed of because their QB was throwing up ducks that were easy pick-6's, but they kept floating just toooo far and would land out of bounds.

So late in the 4th, we knew that if one of us got the ball, we were taking it back or we would die trying. Sure enough, the QB's arm gets hit and he lobs a 500 ball to the center of the field, and it lands right in my arms.

I am at their 30 yard line, and all I need to do is run from in between the hash marks, diagonally to the corner and I should be fine to get in before the pylon. The only one who can stop me is their QB, and its now a race to the corner.

I am too busy watching him and not watching the field, and I think that I am on the 3 yard line, full speed, but in reality, I am on the 8 yard line, and I think that the 5 yard line is the goal line.

I've got him beat, so to be cocky I dive with everything I've got, and even though I should get in easy from the 3, I still decide to stretch the ball out for extra cockiness.

Well, turns out that I dove from outside the 5, and the ball baaaaaaaaaarely crossed the actual goal line. We are talking about 25% of the ball being across. I don't notice, and think I'm in easy (5 yards in), so I'm going nuts, while the refs start to measure.

Then I'm like, "Oh shit!" After what seemed like forever, they finally signal TD. Ends up winning the game but the coach didn't let us say a single word on the bus ride home because of how ridiculous we played.

Its on video somewhere, and we all still laugh about that game.

Ceej
06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Had a couple of games at Junction City in varsity baseball. We chartered there. We had a meal at Sirloin Stockade before the game.

Made the mistake of eating some fish.

Barfed on the bus on the way home.

Over-Head
06-28-2011, 06:11 PM
I guess you could consider these sports stories. being a good little Jehovah's Witness growing up (at last my parents thought I was being good),.we wernt allowed to play sports other than gym class.

High Jump:
This one time out pedddeling Watchtower and Awakes, this dude lets his german sheppard lose on my sister and I...She made it through hte gate, i had to high jump. Tore teh crotch outa my pants, and had to sit there in a full car of people for the next hour and a half trying to cover my twigs and berries as I wasn't wearing underware.

Broad Jump:
One sat mornig, me and the old man are out banging on doors, he managed to make it back to the car, me, I fell through the ice he'd just walked over while staring at 2 really hot looking chicks next door. I tried jumping, that was my big mistake, landing and having my feet slip out from under me I ended up going ass first through the ice getting stuck up to my arm pits in water.

Shot put:
Yet again out banging on doors, not paying enough attention walking up to a bunch of people standing on their deck with my bible in hand, I tripped on a walkway stone, bible goes flying, I naila person right in the forehead.

I soon made up every excuse NOT to go door banging again after that.

lcarus
06-28-2011, 06:19 PM
When I played junior high basketball, I was a center, and the opening tip I tipped it to the other team and they had a breakaway layup. Luckily I got back there and rejected the guy but it was embarrasing still. Also one time I was open on a fast break for a layup, but I caught the ball and was disoriented. I was kind of under the basket and when I went to lay it up, it went off the bottom of the backboard. I rushed my shot when I should have collected myself and located the basket. Stupid...

Phobia
06-28-2011, 06:46 PM
My most embarrassing sports story is softball related. I was playing in a tournament where homeruns were not only discouraged, they were downright punished. If you hit a homerun, the inning ended no matter how many outs your team had and you were ejected offensively for the game. When your spot came up in the lineup, it was an automatic out. So, if you hit a homerun in your first at-bat with no outs, it could possibly account for 5-8 outs in the game.

I was swinging a bat I had picked up at an auction. It was pretty beat up and well-broken in but it hit the ball hard and fit my swing really well.

Not only did I hit a homerun that day, but I hit 3 of them further than I've ever hit a ball. These balls were clanging around in the parking lot which was situated at least 100 feet beyond the fence. Come to find out, the bat I was swinging was the Original 2003 Easton Synergy which is arguably the hottest softball bat known to man. These things sell for $600 on ebay and I bought one for $40 at an auction. Had no idea what I was swinging.

istas
06-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I was a junior in HS and we were at a track meet. I was standing on the football field which was in the middle of the track talking with girls from another school. Someone came running over to me and yelled that I was supposed to be on the track with the relay team right now. I went to pull down my warmup pants and immediately heard the girls laughing and pointing at me. Much to my surprise I had also pulled down my track shorts and was standing there in only my jock strap with buttocks in full view. Oh, so embarrassing. I don't ever remember talking with those girls again.

petegz28
06-28-2011, 07:45 PM
13 yrs old...in the All-Star game, all my family watching, had 4 errors and went 0-3....worst game of baseball I ever played in my life.

chefsos
06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Slo-pitch. I'm on at first, one out. Next guy hits a short fly to left center and I'm hanging out about halfway to second. Left fielder runs in and gets his glove on it, then juggles it, then gathers it up, it comes out again, he finally snags it at his knees.

I'm watching this and jumping back and forth in the basepath, and when he does eventually make the catch, I go...to second base. And I stand there like a moron while he tosses the ball over my head to the first baseman to easily double me off.

Idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Little people annoy the piss out of me, and getting plowed in an Oklahoma-drill by a little shit 2' shorter than me was not a happy moment.
I just couldn't match his low center of gravity.

On another note; he made a snide comment about my father and I promptly picked his little ass up and smashed his fucking little head in to the nearest locker.

Satisfying.

Dayze
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I got jacked up when playing on Kickoff Coverage; I was a gunner on the right side, they fielded it and started right (my left), then cut it back to my side. I was pursuing the initial direction and didn't see a guy peeling back. I must have looked like Kurt Warner when he got jacked up in that playoff game after he threw that interception.

I got up, wind knocked out of me. I was dizzy, and disoriented and jogged over to the opposing bench, completely clueless.

The other moment I was playing RCB; opposing team ran the ball to their right (away from me) on a reverse. I stayed at home, and had good position on the runner where his only option was towards the sideline. I go to tackle him, grab around his waist, but he stiff arms me and knocked me off me feet, but I was still holding onto his waist.
This particular day, i forgot my cup, but didn't want to say anything as I didn't want to NOT play etc. So, there are I, wrapped around his waist, while his heels are thumping me in the nuts repeatedly as he ran out of bounds.

Nice.

Pitt Gorilla
06-28-2011, 08:23 PM
We were playing ****ing Frontenac in HS football and I was supposed to block Desi Fat****ing Kotzman out of the backfield. This fat **** weighs close to 3 bills and I was probably playing fullback at 175. Anyway, it was a pass play and all I had to do was keep this fat ****er from getting to our QB, which is strange because we rarely threw the ball (veer offense and our QB was a horrible passer). So, I was blocking the dude straight up and feeling pretty good about myself. Desi got tired of it, so he picked me up by my pads and body-slammed my onto the ground. I heard the announcer say "Touchdown" so I got up and put my hands in the air; unfortunately, my jersey was pulled over my helmet and I looked like a complete douche. Of course, this clip was featured on the local "Friday Night Sports Feed" on channel 7. Body-slammed jersey-over-helmet guy made teh tee-vee.

Chocolate Hog
06-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Shooting an air ball at the free throw line while it was quite with a whole crowd watching.

BossChief
06-28-2011, 08:53 PM
I picked a 2 point conversation and ran it all the way back only to realize the play was whistled dead and I didn't hear it in 1995.

That same year I got clown juked in a game a couple times by Ronney Jenkins...who a couple weeks later broke the rushing yards in a game record. I couldn't even touch him on a couple plays...it made me feel better when we heard he went off for 619 yards on Rio Mesa.

He even went to a pro bowl in the NFL as a returner, I think.

Damn did I feel bad after that game.

Son of Logical
06-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Sophomore year I am playing guard covering a punt, I had a really good jump off of the kick and I am lined up for a kill shot on the returner. Then he makes a side step juke, I totally bite on it. Not only do I miss the returner, I blast my gunner who was in hot pursuit of the returner. I knock the wind out of him, and he rolls around on the field for like a minute. They replayed that play 10 times during the film session the next morning.

notorious
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Missed a dunk in a close game that we lost.

Count Alex's Losses
06-28-2011, 09:13 PM
5. I tried to walk on to my college basketball team despite being probably the 8th best player on my tiny high school team.

So how did that go? ROFL

Monty
06-28-2011, 09:14 PM
My Freshman year of football, I scored on a 55 yard touchdown on a screen pass to win the game.

Not embarrassing?

After running into the endzone, I turned my head to see all the people cheering and ran into the goalpost. To this day, I vividly remember lying on my back, looking up at the pole wiggling back and forth.

rockymtnchief
06-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I pulled around our right tackle and locked eyes with a LB who was 40 pounds heavier than me and a 2-time all-state starter. I gave all I had and put him right on his ass. Next was a cornerback 20 pounds lighter than me and 3 inches shorter...he put me on my ass and made the tackle.

On Monday the coach played the film over and over..."This is how you kick ass....and this is how you get your ass kicked."

Chocolate Hog
06-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Sophomore year of high school I was on kickoff coverage and wasn't paying attention got leveled by Ryan Torain. I think he's with the Redskins now? Anyway that bitch hurt.

Rain Man
06-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Sophomore year of high school I was on kickoff coverage and wasn't paying attention got leveled by Ryan Torain. I think he's with the Redskins now? Anyway that bitch hurt.

I'm envisioning him in a Redskins uniform running onto the field from the stands and nailing you.

RJ
06-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Back in the days when the jump ball was used in basketball.....the game was almost over, we were losing and I hadn't had a breather the entire game. Jump ball was tipped to me, I took it to the hoop and made an uncontested layup. Uncontested becuase it was the wrong basket.

Running indoor track I had a real tough matchup in the 600 yard (yes yard, I'm old) run. Me and the other guy were neck and neck until the last 50 yards when I pulled away. I had him by a few strides but eased up at the wrong finish line. Indoor tracks are used for multiple events and have lines everywhere. I guess I wasn't listening to the starter before the race started. To be honest I am still pissed about that.

Rain Man
06-28-2011, 09:54 PM
It's not a horrible story, but it embarrassed me.

I used to play pickup basketball at a local gym about 15 years ago. There were all varieties of players, and I was definitely one of the weakest since I've never played organized basketball. But for the most part it was a good group of guys and it was fun.

There was one guy who was really nice and he didn't look too much like an athlete, but the guy was really good. He could effortlessly juke people away from him to take easy jump shots, he could dribble around you like you were standing still, and he did it all at about half-speed. He was shockingly quick on his feet.

At one point I was bringing the ball down the court and before I knew it the guy darted in and stole the ball from me in an embarassingly easy manner. We fought over it for a second and I was going down and he had the ball headed toward an easy layup, and as I went down I grabbed his ankle and wouldn't let go. He went down in a heap.

He got up and never said a word, but man, I felt like a thug. It was purely intentional and purely instinct, because it infuriated me that he was able to beat me so easily. I would've felt better if he had yelled at me.

Buck
06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Oh I think my freshman year of football I primarily played Right Guard and Tight End. Well our left tackle got injured in a game so they moved me from Tight End to Left Tackle, assuming that I knew the blocking schemes.

First play was a sweep to the right, I looked at the defense and decided that I didn't need to fuck with anyone on the left and that I'd go block the free safety who was on the right side (the way we were running).

The ball was snapped and I took off sprinting, I go to layout the safety just as our RB was reaching him at the same time and going to attempt a juke. Instead I blasted our RB for the tackle. LOL

Count Alex's Losses
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I would've felt better if he had yelled at me.

He was thinking "haters gonna haaaaaaaaaate"

D-Train6906
06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
I didn't run Track, but one of the funniest stories I've ever heard happened at my middle school. This kid thinks hes Micheal Jordan, and on the first day of track everybody runs through every event to see what they're good at, this was 7th grade. This kid goes to do the long jump, and there is roughly 3 or 4 feet before the sand, and this fuckin guy didn't even make it to the sand.

D-Train6906
06-28-2011, 10:25 PM
I didn't run Track, but one of the funniest stories I've ever heard happened at my middle school. This kid thinks hes Micheal Jordan, and on the first day of track everybody runs through every event to see what they're good at, this was 7th grade. This kid goes to do the long jump, and there is roughly 3 or 4 feet before the sand, and this ****in guy didn't even make it to the sand.

Cool story, bro.

BWillie
06-28-2011, 10:27 PM
At the conference golf tournament, I stuck it to 7 foot on the last hole and then 5 putted to lose. All I needed to do was 3 putt, and I 5 putted. The worst part was there was like a 50 ppl gallery. sad.

D-Train6906
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
At the conference golf tournament, I stuck it to 7 foot on the last hole and then 5 putted to lose. All I needed to do was 3 putt, and I 5 putted. The worst part was there was like a 50 ppl gallery. sad.

All you gotta do is just tap it in.

Bwana
06-28-2011, 10:33 PM
My worst had to be when I was fighting for 1st place in a martial arts tournament in the black belt division in Helena, MT. The fight was to move onto nationals. This was full contact, which I love and I had never fought this guy. The place where we were fighting evidently forgot to pay their heating bill. It was the middle of winter and it was damn cold in there, you were close to seeing your breath.

In any event, we were going at it hard, when I saw a spinning hook kick come in. I went to block it and counter and slipped. My guard dropped and I caught it full force on the nose. My nose got busted, which was not a big deal, but the ref stopped the fight for the doc to take a look. I told the guy I was fine, but my instructor wanted to stop the fight. I told him there was no way in hell, I was going to let him do that.

I went back in and won the fight and went onto nationals, but I felt like an idiot for putting myself in a situation where my years of training could have cost me a shot.

Rain Man
06-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Cool story, bro.

I initially didn't think it was a cool story, but now I'm yielding to peer pressure since you provided this accolade.

ThaVirus
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
My worst had to be when I was fighting for 1st place in a martial arts tournament in the black belt division in Helena, MT. The fight was to move onto nationals. This was full contact, which I love and I had never fought this guy. The place where we were fighting evidently forgot to pay their heating bill. It was the middle of winter and it was damn cold in there, you were close to seeing your breath.

In any event, we were going at it hard, when I saw a spinning hook kick come in. I went to block it and counter and slipped. My guard dropped and I caught it full force on the nose. My nose got busted, which was not a big deal, but the ref stopped the fight for the doc to take a look. I told the guy I was fine, but my instructor wanted to stop the fight. I told him there was no way in hell, I was going to let him do that.

I went back in and won the fight and went onto nationals, but I felt like an idiot for putting myself in a situation where my years of training could have cost me a shot.

States tournament in Montana, huh?... I'm guessing this guy was your only opposition?

Bwana
06-28-2011, 10:42 PM
States tournament in Montana, huh?... I'm guessing this guy was your only opposition?

LOL, guess again. There are a lot of good schools around here.

Luke
06-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I believe I still hold the record for scoring the most points in grade school basketball, for the wrong team. I scored 4 points for the opposing team in 2 different games.:shake:

I was a run and gun fool, well a fool anyway.:doh!:

Pitt Gorilla
06-28-2011, 11:17 PM
As a freshman, I "tried" to tackle Riverton's Ronnie Ball.

BigMeatballDave
06-28-2011, 11:25 PM
None. I can throw 70 yards into a basketball goal, and catch it!

The Rick
06-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Not really embarrassing at the time, but I'm embarrassed by it now.

A friend and I are playing golf. We're probably 16 or 17. We're putting on a hole that's a par 4 with big dog-leg. Can't see the green from the tee box.

As we're putting, the guys behind us tee off, hitting their balls over the trees towards the green. One guy gets pretty close to being on the green. Again, they can't see where their balls are landing.

My friend and I are kind of pissed that they didn't wait for us to finish the hole, so we grab one of their balls, walk over to the hole, and drop it in.

We move on to the next hole and watch. They head towards the green and start looking for their balls. One guy can't find his...until he looks in the hole. Once he sees his ball, he starts jumping up and down, celebrating with his friends, high-fiving everyone, etc. Got his name in the paper and everything. :)

wazu
06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
7th grade, first track meet. Freezing cold, so I decided to wear the official sweats provided by my junior high. Only problem is I weighed 90 pounds, and had to pull drawstring all the way just to get them on.

First race I ran was the 400. Halfway around the track my sweat pants fell to my ankles. I ended up reaching down and pulling them up to my armpits while I high-kneeded it the second half of the race.

Dunit35
06-29-2011, 02:00 AM

A friend and I are playing golf. We're probably 16 or 17. We're putting on a hole that's a par 4 with big dog-leg. Can't see the green from the tee box.

As we're putting, the guys behind us tee off, hitting their balls over the trees towards the green. One guy gets pretty close to being on the green. Again, they can't see where their balls are landing.

My friend and I are kind of pissed that they didn't wait for us to finish the hole, so we grab one of their balls, walk over to the hole, and drop it in.

can't find his...until he looks in the hole. Once he sees his ball, he starts jumping up and down, celebrating with his friends, high-fiving everyone, etc. Got his name in the paper and everything. :)

Haha. That is awesome.

Once while golfing my buddies were 150-200 yards in front of me. I suck at golf and thought no way will I hit them. I tee'd off only to scream at my friend to duck behind his cart. The ball smacked right into his cart. I may have saved his life.

Buck
06-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Also one time during the JV - Varsity scrimmage game at my school (when I was on JV), one dude and I kept hitting eachother almost every play. By the end we were trying to kill each other. On the very last play I hit him pretty good and he punched my helmet when I turned around so I turned back around to punch him and my left index finger got caught in his facemask and he tore his helmet away and it broke my finger.

kcjayhawks5
06-29-2011, 02:11 AM
once i was johnny morton and i had a wide open touchdown and i dropped it...they didnt let me eat bbq for months after that

HolyHandgernade
06-29-2011, 06:37 AM
I was living in Oklahoma my 9th grade year and was playing Tight End in football. We had a really good TE, so I didn't get to play much, but coach puts me in the fourth quarter because we're already getting smeared. My first real action in playing competitive football. The DE from the other team literally picks me up and throws me out of the way and then proceeds to sack the QB. I hope that guy got a football scholarship somewhere! Anyway, never really played anything outside of high school golf after that! You gotta know your limitations.

Stewie
06-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Summer baseball in HS. I was stealing 2nd base and as I slid and hit the bag in a bang-bang play the ump mumbled something that I interpreted as "you're out!" I got up and headed back to the dugout and the SS quickly tagged me. The ump yelled "you're out!" I was like WTF? What did you say before? "You're there." Really? How about yelling "SAFE!"

I felt better when Billy Butler did something similar this year. Well, now that I think about it, comparing my base running skills to Billy's isn't saying much.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-29-2011, 08:35 AM

We move on to the next hole and watch. They head towards the green and start looking for their balls. One guy can't find his...until he looks in the hole. Once he sees his ball, he starts jumping up and down, celebrating with his friends, high-fiving everyone, etc. Got his name in the paper and everything. :)

What would be great now is to find that guy and tell him what you did. I have a feeling he wouldn't tell anyone.

MOhillbilly
06-29-2011, 08:49 AM
I got two of them:

2. Junior high football my eighth grade year. I'm the starting QB and we're playing Wentworth Military Academy. Our offensive line sucked, so I was used to getting drilled all year. In this game, I remember dropping back to pass and getting obliterated by their monster defensive tackle. I never saw it coming. Turns out their monster defensive tackle was a girl (she really was huge though!).

ROFL
how the fuck you get obliterated by a female? unpossible!

Huffman83
06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
7th grade football. I'm the 2nd string QB. And the 2nd team gets to play 2 maybe 3 series the whole game. Every year the 7th grade team gets to play one game on the big high school field in stead of our piss ant middle school field. It had rained that day, so we basically tore up the field when we got a chance at it.

My team gets the ball at our 30 and we march down the field to the other teams 20. However it's fourth and one and that's way too far to try for a field goal.

One thing I notice most of the season was the fact that every time any team hikes the ball, they never do a hard count. Coach calls the play and I run back to the huddle. I tell all of my guys "Listen, nobody ever goes on two. I'm going to give a hard count NOBODY ****ING MOVE even if the asshole in front of you moves." So we line up I'm looking around, I get under the Center and give a "HUT hut." D line moves 5 yards... 1st down

The Coaches are like "HUFFMAN!?!?! WTF!!?!? GENIUS!"

The next play? Center hikes the ball, I bring the ball up and lost control of it because it was too slick. I can still see that ball slip out of my hands and even at the time it felt like slow motion. The other team recovered the ball. I was crushed. I couldn't even look at my coaches or teammates in the eye.

MOhillbilly
06-29-2011, 08:56 AM
once i was johnny morton and i had a wide open touchdown and i dropped it...they didnt let me eat bbq for months after that

that was Lake Dawson.

Rain Man
06-29-2011, 09:45 AM

Funny story. Too bad you couldn't get all of the balls and put them in there. It'd be a story in all the golf history books by now.

boogblaster
06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
cummin' in 3rd at a norway ice-porkin' ....

tooge
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
fumbled on the goal line trying to score. Other team recovered. We lost 6-0

Otter
06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
When I spent $1200 on custom golf clubs instead of going to Dick's Sporting Goods and getting a set for $300.

A good walk spoiled.

kepp
06-29-2011, 11:10 AM

This isn't the "Chuck Norris-like sports moments in your life" thread.

Groves
06-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Undefeated season my senior year in HS. Undefeated end of season tournament...until we laid a big ol stinker the final match, all of us. Getting beat by superior athletes is one thing, but handing it to the other team stings for a while.

damaticous
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
1. Starting QB for one team in a HS soap scrimmage. i just finished my 3 step drop and set my feet to throw. BANG! Dlineman plowed me. it was a great tackle, but his helmet hit my shoulder pad right on my collar bone and broke it. Embarrassing.
2. In jr high, qb, I was running an option play and my best friend was d end. he tackled me. Good tackle, but as we went down his elbow landed on my rib cage. ended up with 2 broken ribs 3 cracked ribs, some bruised ribs, and torn cartridge. Of course, this was a Monday after a Friday game. Where, in the Friday game, i had already gotten my ribs bruised. Hurt like hell!
3. in Jr high, I had real bad problems spraining my ankles. All the time I would sprain them (still have problems to this day. They will give out while just standing still). it'd be embarrassing to have to leave a game for a few plays cause I couldn't put weight on my ankle.
4. 5th game of my senior year in HS. Starting QB, running an option play. I knew i was going to get hit as I ran the ball and my running back got knocked out of the play. A dback in front, and linebacker in back of me. I try to run through the dback but he puts me on the ground. My feet were in front of me and my body was perpendicular to the ground. then....BANG! The linebacker hits me in the back. my face mask hits the ground between my legs so hard I have mud and grass stuck in it. hurt my back like hell. Went to the Hospital on Monday to get an MRI. Compression fracture. No more football for the rest of the year...for the rest of my life too.

I learned the hard way that my bones weren't made to play football.

Embarrassing that I got hurt almost every year.

Otter
06-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I learned the hard way that my bones weren't made to play football.

Embarrassing that I got hurt almost every year.

Brodie, could you post nekid pics of your wife?

Dave Lane
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
I was playing flag football in my league. I played center and there was an interception on the left sideline and the guy was racing back. I headed to the sideline when suddenly the world flipped upside down. A guy who I had been blocking had gotten past me before the interception had blindsided me on my left shoulder. I landed on my right shoulder, dislocating it, and my right hand breaking the bone between my pinkie and wrist.

I finished the game but my hand looked like I'd put a plum under the skin the next morning. Now I sneak a peak to see if I'm about to get lit up on kick off returns and interceptions.

Easy 6
06-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Never had anything too bad, like scoring for the other team or something like that.

Knocked myself unconscience for a few minutes & lost a tooth in a faceplant lunging for a steal while running the floor in transition in a Y league game in 6th grade.

Hit an easy double, possible triple in little league off of my index finger, popped it wide open right down to the bone, while i'm standing there freaking out about seeing my own bones for the first time the coach is screaming bloody murder WHATS A MATTER WITH YOU? RUN RUN RUN! still made it to first, but even after coach found out what happened he still acted like an ass, hated that fat, guinea mother****er.

RockChalk
06-29-2011, 02:28 PM

Where was this at?

Backwards Masking
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
One time at baseball practice as a kid I took a p*ss along the fence by the dugout even though my coaches told me not to. Turns out it was electric, I got shocked and wound up peeing all over myself. I came back to practice and got made fun by all my teammates, and yelled at in front of them by my coaches for disobeying them. I was called Pee-On Deion all summer after that.

Not only that, but the guy's who's fence I pissed on saw me and came out and talked to the coach about it, threatened to call the cops if he saw me do it again, and I got in even more trouble.

MahiMike
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I was a runt as a kid. About 70 lbs soaking wet when I played baseball at age 9. I walked up to some kids having batting practice. Thought the kid was done so I came up behind him. Tagged me right in the forehead at full followthru. I said, "ouch!" but I didn't start crying until I bent down to pick up my glove and there was blood gushing everywhere. I've been hit in the head a lot...

Similar story w/my kid (he's not here so I'll post this for him). My kid is an un-runt. Big and strong (from his mom's side). He has a rocket arm and so they're trying him out at catcher. Every 5th pitch he's supposed to throw down to 2nd. Head coach walks on to the field around the 5th pitch...yep...my kid NAILS him right in the temple. I thought he was gonna be brain dead. He cried like I did when I was 9. Actually pretty funny. I still have blood all over my glove from where we laid hs head on it. I had to suck up to the coach for some time after that.

BigCatDaddy
06-29-2011, 02:53 PM
One time at baseball practice as a kid I took a p*ss along the fence by the dugout even though my coaches told me not to. Turns out it was electric, I got shocked and wound up peeing all over myself. I came back to practice and got made fun by all my teammates, and yelled at in front of them by my coaches for disobeying them. I was called Pee-On Deion all summer after that.

Not only that, but the guy's who's fence I pissed on saw me and came out and talked to the coach about it, threatened to call the cops if he saw me do it again, and I got in even more trouble.

I don't know how I could yell with my eyes teared up from the laughter if I was the coach.

Backwards Masking
06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't know how I could yell with my eyes teared up from the laughter if I was the coach.

He was a big *sshole, the kind of coach who cares more about exercising his "authortay" for than influencing kids postively, or even winning for that matter.

To top it off, a few days after that, I was hanging out with one of my teammates (about the only one left who wasn't too embarrassed to be seen with me off the field) and we were watching Beavis and Butthead, and Beavis sang this rhyme:

"When I was little and had no sense, I took a whiz on an electric fence, it hurt so bad it shocked my balls, than I took a crap in my overalls!"

My teammade glanced at me wickedly from the corner of his eye and started laughing hysterically. Talk about pouring salt in a fresh wound!

morphius
06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Never had anything too bad, like scoring for the other team or something like that.

Knocked myself unconscience for a few minutes & lost a tooth in a faceplant lunging for a steal while running the floor in transition in a Y league game in 6th grade.

Hit an easy double, possible triple in little league off of my index finger, popped it wide open right down to the bone, while i'm standing there freaking out about seeing my own bones for the first time the coach is screaming bloody murder WHATS A MATTER WITH YOU? RUN RUN RUN! still made it to first, but even after coach found out what happened he still acted like an ass, hated that fat, guinea mother****er.
Nothing more fun then knocking yourself out. We had a doubles tennis match against a guy with a really damn hard serve, and his first serve to me came up on me fast enough that all I had time to do with it was block it. The force of the hit caused the racquet to smack me square in the forehead and everything went black for about 5 seconds. Woke up just in time to give my doubles partner a high five for the clean winner I just hit, lol. Damn lucky I was still on my feet.

kepp
06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Where was this at?

So how many times have you told the story of your "hole-in-one"?

Backwards Masking
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
What the hell?! Who changed my name! Change it back dammit!

morphius
06-29-2011, 03:37 PM
ROFL

loochy
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM

Ha ha! No don't change it back! This makes you funny and memorable!

vailpass

LMAO

Backwards Masking
Like the story wasn't embarrassingly funny enough! Jeezus!

morphius
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Like the story wasn't embarrassingly funny enough! Jeezus!
It is only temporary man, I just couldn't resist.

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
I have told this here before I think. I was a young guy and thought I was pretty tough and was working out at a local boxing gym. There were some semi famous at least around our town pros that trained there. I was mixing it up with one of them and was nothing short of scared. He kept sticking his chin out and daring me to hit him. I stuck him with a stiff jab and he starts hamming it up.

He is really sticking his face out taunting me. I got pissed and lost my fear and thought ok asshole naptime. I knew I could not whip him but thought with a free shot I would teach him not to take me so lightly. I set him up (at least I thought) and caught him with my best over hand right. His head snapped back and he smiled at me and said "thank you Lucy" The whole gym erupted in laughter. I later found out this was something he had done to several guys but that did not lessen the humiliation~

Nightfyre
06-29-2011, 03:43 PM

Just saying, any of these numerous johnny morton drops are not nearly as embarrassing as his first mma fight.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Leave that shit.....it's hilarious.

Iowanian
06-29-2011, 03:57 PM
I think my worst one has more to do with loss of composure and my actions.

I was a Jr in HS and had a wrestling match(away) vs a conference rival. He was good and I didn't like him very much and wanted to throttle the guy. Anyway, I had myself worked up into a blood-feud frenzy of anger before I went out, we bash into each other like a couple of Mutual of Omaha's wild Kingdom rams. Tossing, turning, flipping and at some point I'm taken down. I try to do a 1 point gramby roll and hit it hard. I roll over and as I come to my feet facing the guy, realize the ref has slapped the mat and called me pinned.

I say something I shouldn't have to the ref, he says something back, I say something else with a very naughty word....some people from the crowd say something, I say something back.

Team loses a point, I acted like an asshole in front of a rival school and the local fans and other people I should have been setting a good example for, and my horrified parents.

When I came off the mat, my coach had me about 2' off the ground with both hands around my neck and a very direct explanation of his expectations.

I wasn't a bad sport by nature, I was just out of control with emotion and temper. It was stupid and I'm still embarrassed by that 20 years later. The kid was just better than I was and I should have respected that. I see him around a couple of times a year and he's a pretty good guy.

I did later, on my own apologize to my team, coach, our fans and the home team fans who were still there.

Backwards Masking
06-29-2011, 04:03 PM
It is only temporary man, I just couldn't resist.

That's fine, if I had problem with my ego I never would have posted that info in the first place. I just like "Backwards Masking" so much I'd hate to never be able to use it.

My inner ten year old is weeping for bringing that sh*t back up!

The Rick
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
ROFL
how the fuck you get obliterated by a female? unpossible!
She was the biggest player...on both lines.

The more important question both at the time and still today is why couldn't the dude on the o-line block her. Even just a little. :)

The Rick
06-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Where was this at?
The course in Marshall, MO. :)

thurman merman
06-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Slo-pitch. I'm on at first, one out. Next guy hits a short fly to left center and I'm hanging out about halfway to second. Left fielder runs in and gets his glove on it, then juggles it, then gathers it up, it comes out again, he finally snags it at his knees.

I'm watching this and jumping back and forth in the basepath, and when he does eventually make the catch, I go...to second base. And I stand there like a moron while he tosses the ball over my head to the first baseman to easily double me off.

Idiot.

:clap:

thurman merman
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Summer baseball in HS. I was stealing 2nd base and as I slid and hit the bag in a bang-bang play the ump mumbled something that I interpreted as "you're out!" I got up and headed back to the dugout and the SS quickly tagged me. The ump yelled "you're out!" I was like WTF? What did you say before? "You're there." Really? How about yelling "SAFE!"

I felt better when Billy Butler did something similar this year. Well, now that I think about it, comparing my base running skills to Billy's isn't saying much.

ROFL

Dartgod
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Kind of embarassing but kind of impressive too, (IMO).

I was playing backyard football at a buddies house. I went out on a fade route. He drops the ball perfectly over my right shoulder. I bring it in then look forward just in time to see the tree.
I hit this huge oak tree, probably 5 feet in diameter, running full speed. Next thing I know, I wake up to my buddy yelling, "HE HELD ON TO THE BALL! OMG! THAT'S A 1ST DOWN, BITCHES!"
I have no doubt I had a concussion but hey, I held onto the ball.
Are you sure it wasn't an AIDS tree? You should probably get tested.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefaholic
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Probably the most embarassing to me was in high school wrestling. I was beating this guy easily and tried to pin a guy with the suicide cradel and pinned myself while I already had his inside leg and head locked on top of me. Just a simple cradle would have been an easy win.

Another time it wasn't exactly myself that was embarassed, but a teammate of mine in Cross Country. We were running a course at a park in Rolla, MO and were going aroind the bank of a pond. Adam was about 15 yards ahead of me and slides down the loose gravel on the edge of the bank. He gets back up and I'm about 3 yards behind him by that time. Apparently a dog took a crap in the very spot he slipped and it was smeared on his side. I had to smell the dog crap the remainder of the race till the final kick the last 100 yards.