PDA

View Full Version : Obama The Obama's bad example

HonestChieffan
06-28-2011, 06:58 PM
The Obamas lead by (bad) example

Published: June 28, 2011

Updated: 05:04 pm

I've participated in many leadership conferences and classes over my lifetime. One basic element of effective leadership has always been that "A leader must set the example for those whom follow."

As measured only by that criterion, the Obamas fail miserably as leaders. Look, as a current example, at Michelle Obama's recent family vacation to southern Africa.

At a time when most of us worry about being able to put food on the table, gasoline in the car or pay the mortgage, the president's wife wastes millions of tax dollars in a shameless display of disregard for her husband's position, the national welfare or, especially, for economic hardships being suffered by most of her "subjects."

She's off (that's an interesting word as used here) on a completely useless, personal vacation trip to places such as the Republic of South Africa and Botswana (nice game parks there for the children). Yes, she's taking her children (they will be able to write interesting reports about "What I did on my Summer Vacation"), but she's reportedly also invited just about every relative, a few famous names and, of course, must include hair stylists, manicurists and massage therapists.

Then there's the mandatory army of government employees: security, communications, aircraft crews, motor vehicle operators and maintenance personnel, physicians, personal trainers, publicists, photographers, news personnel and hot dog vendors. Exact figures of the cost are nearly impossible to come by, because many of those are unnecessarily hidden under the cover of "security."

It's safe, I think, to estimate that the total cost, to you and me, comes to several million dollars a day.

Mrs. Obama's trip apparently has no purpose other than personal pleasure. News reports tell of her encouraging speeches to girls' schools in RSA and to a meeting with Nelson Mandela, whom she credits with making her and Barack "who they are."

Other than that (which is irrelevant to this nation), it appears that the trip is a misdirected attempt to get her children in close touch with their heritage, while also enjoying the elephants and lions. Trouble with that is: No slave brought to the Americas from Africa came from southern Africa, where she's visiting. If Michelle is trying to teach her children about their ancestry, she should be up on the Ivory Coast — but hasn't the family already been there, done that, also at very significant expense to taxpayers?

A bright young man, with whom I spoke just this morning, opined that Mrs. Obama, well recognizing that her joy ride in the Big House will unavoidably come to an end next year, has decided, "To hell with public opinion, I'm gonna get mine while I can! So refuel those Air Force intercontinental transports; load 'em up with chocolate covered strawberries and French champagne; we still have lots of places to take Grandma and the kids before we're kicked out of office. What? You say that I shouldn't be flitting around the world at my subjects' expense, when many can't afford to buy bread? Let 'em eat cake. That's what I meant, when I advised those young girls in Johannesburg to aim high — go for the cake, instead of the bread!"

Of Cabbages and Kings is a syndicated column by J.G. Nash.

orange
06-29-2011, 03:28 PM
It's safe, I think, to estimate that the total cost, to you and me, comes to several million dollars a day.

I'm sure it's actually $200 million a day. Just who do these uppity apes wookies think they are, anyway?

vailpass
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Weezy has made it to that deluxe apartment in the sky and it's time she got her piece of the pie.
Tone deaf bitch.

petegz28
06-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Don't anyone worry, Barry will be along soon telling us all how we have to live within our means.

HonestChieffan
06-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Don't anyone worry, Barry will be along soon telling us all how we have to live within our means.

The press conference today was embarrassing. He is so out of the loop and clearly the issues are way to complex for him. Full campaign mode. Contradicted his own policies. Sad for the country but the "empty suit" label is clearly accurate.

petegz28
06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
The press conference today was embarrassing. He is so out of the loop and clearly the issues are way to complex for him. Full campaign mode. Contradicted his own policies. Sad for the country but the "empty suit" label is clearly accurate.

Hew as never in touch to begin with. What has he ever done? He was a fucking community organizer. Big whoop!!!

Not a governor
Not a CEO
Not an owner of a small business

A community organizer.....

vailpass
06-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Hew as never in touch to begin with. What has he ever done? He was a ****ing community organizer. Big whoop!!!

Not a governor
Not a CEO

You are a racist POS. Don't you know obama is half black and he's also well spoken?

notorious
06-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks to Bush and the shitty Pub party, we get this POS for president.

RNR
06-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Hew as never in touch to begin with. What has he ever done? He was a ****ing community organizer. Big whoop!!!

Not a governor
Not a CEO

What the fuck are you talking about? The Senate was in session 143 days while Barry called that his job! And don't you dare dismiss how much you can learn walking around with a clip board knocking on doors~

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
It is strange to me how people think somehow being a US Senator is some throw away accomplishment.

RNR
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm sure it's actually $200 million a day. Just who do these uppity apes wookies think they are, anyway?

Yeah orange pull that lame ass card yet again :rolleyes:

orange
06-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah orange pull that lame ass card yet again :rolleyes:

Tell me all about how lame it is, Weezy. :rolleyes:
I haven't heard a racist comment in, oh, three or four posts now.

Oh, and:

..it appears that the trip is a misdirected attempt to get her children in close touch with their heritage, while also enjoying the elephants and lions. Trouble with that is: No slave brought to the Americas from Africa came from southern Africa, where she's visiting. If Michelle is trying to teach her children about their ancestry, she should be up on the Ivory Coast — but hasn't the family already been there, done that, also at very significant expense to taxpayers?

According to who?

Jenson71
06-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Weezy has made it to that deluxe apartment in the sky and it's time she got her piece of the pie.
Tone deaf bitch.

I think that sexist comments reflect poorly of the board. I'm worried that visitors might get the wrong impression of this place. Could you warn yourself, please?

RNR
06-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Tell me all about how lame it is, Weezie.

The guy is a total embarrassment and a failure as a president. That is indisputable to anyone less blind leftwing followers like you, who jump in and play the weak ass race card. Is it OK if I criticize his white half?

vailpass
06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I think that sexist comments reflect poorly of the board. I'm worried that visitors might get the wrong impression of this place. Could you warn yourself, please?

You smell that? It smells like....ban.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Tell me all about how lame it is, Weezy. :rolleyes:
I haven't heard a racist comment in, oh, three or four posts now.

You poor bastard, trying to create a race war where none exists.
If I call President Bush an uppity chimp and Mrs. Bush Weezy the Wookie you got nothin' to say.
But label obama and that sasquatch bitch he married the same and you can't wait to drive the wambulance.
Not liking what someone says does not equal racism.
Orange, Direkshun, Dave Loon, Frankie. What a stud unit obama has here.

petegz28
06-29-2011, 07:18 PM
It is strange to me how people think somehow being a US Senator is some throw away accomplishment.

For all of 143 days even! Color me impressed! What legislation did he author that passed that was significant? I mean, if we are going to count being a Senator as good experience then let him be judged as a Senator should. WTF did he acomplish as a Senator?

HonestChieffan
06-29-2011, 07:36 PM
WTF did he acomplish as a Senator?

Cashed his check and showed up like any union stooge.

mlyonsd
06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
It is strange to me how people think somehow being a US Senator is some throw away accomplishment.Ok, that made me laugh. Especially when you factor in congress's approval rating.

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 11:50 PM
For all of 143 days even! Color me impressed! What legislation did he author that passed that was significant? I mean, if we are going to count being a Senator as good experience then let him be judged as a Senator should. WTF did he acomplish as a Senator?
Not that you care...you just like flailing your arms around and feigning anger at the talking point of the week.

Sponsored:
S. 1885 Military Family Job Protection Act
S. 2330 Veterans Homelessness Prevention Act
S. 1084 Homes for Heroes Act of 2007
S. 692 VA Hospital Quality Report Card Act of 2007
S. 1977 Nuclear Weapons Threat Reduction Act of 2007
S. 3358 Improving Food-borne Illness Surveillance and Response Act of 2008- which actually is counter-terrorism

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 03:04 PM
You smell that? It smells like....ban.

That was funny.

Between being banned or having no integrity, I'll take the former while you prove the latter.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 03:07 PM
That was funny.

Between being banned or having no integrity, I'll take the former while you prove the latter.

Repeatedly posting the word nigger certainly exemplifies your high level of integrity kid. Well done.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Repeatedly posting the word ****er certainly exemplifies your high level of integrity kid. Well done.

Thank you, thank you.

You took that out of context, of course. But thank you.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Thank you, thank you.

You took that out of context, of course. But thank you.

What a coincidence. All those times you disagree with what I say? You are taking my words out of context.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 03:16 PM
What a coincidence. All those times you disagree with what I say? You are taking my words out of context.

Did you send DaFace a PM stating you were worried about how visitors would view the board in light of my comments?

vailpass
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Did you send DaFace a PM stating you were worried about how visitors would view the board in light of my comments?

I sent your mom a pm letting her know I was worried your pent up angst over failing grades and being a closet homosexual may cause you to harm yourself. Her reply didn't mention you much but be sure and tell her I said thanks for all the pictures. She must have been young when she had you.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 03:23 PM
I sent your mom a pm letting her know I was worried your pent up angst over failing grades and being a closet homosexual may cause you to harm yourself. Her reply didn't mention you much but be sure and tell her I said thanks for all the pictures. She must have been young when she had you.

Mr. Kotter
06-30-2011, 03:25 PM
When MSNBC or liberal rags posted similar criticism of Bush when he was President, I dismissed it as partisan motivated and ideologically driven myopic tripe. This is no different.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 03:26 PM

Did you order that code red? Your 1L approach doesn't work with people in the real world kid.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 03:27 PM
When MSNBC or liberal rags posted similar criticism of Bush when he was President, I dismissed it as partisan motivated and ideologically driven myopic tripe. This is no different.

Her trip doesn't strike you as tone deaf and very poorly timed given the current economy and employment situation?

loochy
06-30-2011, 03:29 PM

I did.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Did you order that code red? Your 1L approach doesn't work with people in the real world kid.

Are you the real world? Are you going to be my boss someday? Do you go around telling your coworkers and employees and supervisors racist jokes and calling women bitches?

I'm not convinced you're not 12 years old. You're an angry law school dropout. Or maybe you can just act like one.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I did.

Could you describe your concern for the board during that time?

loochy
06-30-2011, 03:41 PM

I mean people could like come to the board and stuff and see you or something and be all like "well that guy is a racist and junk" so that's what I think and you are sexist also because you don't like women and I think that's bad because of Susan B. Anthony because she was a woman and she liked black people too.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 03:51 PM

LMAO Are we playing at lawyer talk?

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:13 PM
LMAO Are we playing at lawyer talk?

Anything you say can be used against you, vailpass. If you call a woman a bitch or make racist jokes, I'm going to remember the hypocrisy and you going out of your way to tell DaFace that I filtered through the word n***** in proving my point that some racist speech is allowed while others is disallowed even when arguing an anti-racist point.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Anything you say can be used against you, vailpass. If you call a woman a bitch or make racist jokes, I'm going to remember the hypocrisy and you going out of your way to tell DaFace that I filtered through the word n***** in proving my point that some racist speech is allowed while others is disallowed even when arguing an anti-racist point.

LMAO When I was your age the LAST thing I would have ever done was hang around after class talking on a computer. Study, drinks, intramurals or pussy or any combination thereof.
What the hell is wrong with you boy?

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:21 PM
LMAO When I was your age the LAST thing I would have ever done was hang around after class talking on a computer. Study, drinks, intramurals or pussy or any combination thereof.

I'm sure we all appreciate how really cool you were at 23 years old and are amazed at the transformation. I don't know why you went to summer school though. Now is the time for internships.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:23 PM

At what age did you find that making racist jokes and arguing with 23 year olds that you think are too uncool for you would be a good use of your time?

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:25 PM

And at what age did you get this really important job that allows you to sit around on message boards all day and argue with uncool 23 year olds? A lot of responsibility? A lot of risk? Big Law? Fortune 500?

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm sure we all appreciate how really cool you were at 23 years old and are amazed at the transformation. I don't know why you went to summer school though. Now is the time for internships.

Which means you can start drinking at happy hour. Which is now. So get off the computer. You are 23 and single for God's sake.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
And at what age did you get this really important job that allows you to sit around on message boards all day and argue with uncool 23 year olds? A lot of responsibility? A lot of risk? Big Law? Fortune 500?

Why you think I have or have ever had anything to do with the law is beyond me.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Why you think I have or have ever had anything to do with the law is beyond me.

Did you not go to law school?

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Which means you can start drinking at happy hour. Which is now. So get off the computer. You are 23 and single for God's sake.

I generally avoid advice given to me by people I disrespect.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Did you not go to law school?

Nope.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I generally avoid advice given to me by people I disrespect.

If I was 23 and spent my time alone on a computer I'd be defensive too.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Nope.

Just applied?

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:35 PM
If I was 23 and spent my time alone on a computer I'd be defensive too.

What makes 23 years old a worse time than your age to be on the computer?

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Just applied?

Never. Had friends that were law, not for me.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:37 PM

You poor bastard.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Never. Had friends that were law, not for me.

Then why did you tell me that Iowa Law was your safety school?

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Then why did you tell me that Iowa Law was your safety school?

LMAO

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
You poor bastard.

It just seems kind of silly to deride someone for being on the computer while you're racking up thousands of posts yourself on a message board.

Jenson71
06-30-2011, 04:41 PM
LMAO

Okay, I've had more than a few references from you about law school, and you told me that Iowa Law was your safety school. It's reasonable to think that you did in fact go to law school (aside from the fact that you're not particularly bright).

Jaric
06-30-2011, 04:46 PM

You'll understand when you're 30.

I don't say that to be condescending by the way.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Okay, I've had more than a few references from you about law school, and you told me that Iowa Law was your safety school. It's reasonable to think that you did in fact go to law school (aside from the fact that you're not particularly bright).

Do you happen to have that entire quote handy? I'd like to see how it was you didn't understand you were being given shit.

As to law school references, terms of art aren't exactly proprietary. One needn't be walked out to the end of branch to know on which side his socratic method is buttered. I knew a few law students through my ultimate frisbee league in Denver, banged one for about 6 months.

As to my not being particularly bright: I'll just muddle through as best I can.

petegz28
07-01-2011, 06:02 AM

Because you need to be out enjoying your youth while you can. Granted you are at the beginning point of where life is going to start making some serious changes for you but still, 23 and single? Dude, you need to be out kicking it while you can.

Amnorix
07-01-2011, 06:38 AM
So she's not supposed to take a vacation for four / eight years? Her kids can't take one either? They can't visit family members?

I thought she was the First Lady, not First Prisoner.

petegz28
07-01-2011, 07:08 AM
So she's not supposed to take a vacation for four / eight years? Her kids can't take one either? They can't visit family members?

A vacation?? A vacation??? Are you fucking kidding me? Is this when we are supposed to pretend the King and Queen have NEVER had a vacation?

ROFLROFLROFL

vailpass
07-01-2011, 09:32 AM

Plenty of very nice places right here in America for her to vacation if that is what she really feels she needs to do during this time of economic crisis.
She could have set an example by keeping it home. That is nowhere in the fiber of her being and one of many reasons she is reviled by many.

You don't think she was tone deaf on this one, even in the slightest?

Jenson71
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Because you need to be out enjoying your youth while you can. Granted you are at the beginning point of where life is going to start making some serious changes for you but still, 23 and single? Dude, you need to be out kicking it while you can.

No, I'm not single. I don't know what "kicking it" is, but if it's something you did when you were my age, I'll probably pass.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 01:01 PM
No, I'm not single. I don't know what "kicking it" is, but if it's something you did when you were my age, I'll probably pass.

You are married?

LOCOChief
07-01-2011, 01:25 PM

You are 23 and don't know what kicking it is? :doh!:

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Plenty of very nice places right here in America for her to vacation if that is what she really feels she needs to do during this time of economic crisis.
She could have set an example by keeping it home. That is nowhere in the fiber of her being and one of many reasons she is reviled by many.

It probably was a little tone deaf but in 2007 the economy was starting to go down hill and Laura Bush took her 2 kids on a African Safari with little or no bitching from people.

I think her trip to Spain was a little more egregious than this one.

BucEyedPea
07-01-2011, 01:35 PM
It probably was a little tone deaf but in 2007 the economy was starting to go down hill and Laura Bush took her 2 kids on a African Safari with little or no bitching from people.

Yeah, I would say so. A jeep and a tent, or even one of those tree-hut motels are a lot less money.

vailpass

Congrats on managing to work the name Bush into this story. Did Mrs. Bush take such an entourage with her? I honestly don't recall.

Thank you for admitting it was somewhat tone deaf. Today's environment is much different than 2007.

I'll admit that a small part of the perception has to do with the American people having warmed up to Mrs. Bush much more than they ever have with michelle obama. But she brough that on herself.

petegz28

JFC, you really need to pull out whatever it is you have up your ass.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
JFC, you really need to pull out whatever it is you have up your ass.

You couldn't pull a needle out of his ass with John Deere tractor.

petegz28
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
You are 23 and don't know what kicking it is? :doh!:

That explains a lot

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Congrats on managing to work the name Bush into this story. Did Mrs. Bush take such an entourage with her? I honestly don't recall.

Thank you for admitting it was somewhat tone deaf. Today's environment is much different than 2007.

I'll admit that a small part of the perception has to do with the American people having warmed up to Mrs. Bush much more than they ever have with michelle obama. But she brough that on herself.

I only point it out to show the hypocrisy coming from some of you. It is ok for a Republican to do it but when a Dem does it shit hits the fan.

And btw Michelle Obama has the same approval rating has Laura had at this same time which was around 70%.

If you were to compare vacations between POTUS it is even close. Obama rarely takes a vacation where the past POTUS took one every month.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I only point it out to show the hypocrisy coming from some of you. It is ok for a Republican to do it but when a Dem does it shit hits the fan.

And btw Michelle Obama has the same approval rating has Laura had at this same time which was around 70%.

If you were to compare vacations between POTUS it is even close. Obama rarely takes a vacation where the past POTUS took one every month.

You can't compare the past to now, the economic situation here is disastrous the worst in our lifetime. michelle had a chance to set a First Lady like example and vacation domestically but the thought never crossed her mind.

michelle "now I like America" obama is liked as much as Mrs. Bush? I don't know a SINGLE person that can stand her.
obama's numbers must largely come from a particular demographic or two. I'd like to make a rug out of her but that is as far as I can stand her.

HonestChieffan
07-01-2011, 02:01 PM
The wookie makes my skin crawl.

I cannot think of a public figure who I have any more disrespect for. On any level I cannot define one redeeming thing about her.

Laura Bush should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph. My God the wookie disgusts me.

Thats all

KC Dan
07-01-2011, 02:08 PM
If you were to compare vacations between POTUS it is even close. Nor comparing golf. Obama rarely takes a vacation where the past POTUS took one every month.As of mid-March Obama has played about 60 rounds of golf since becoming President. How many of you have played 60 rounds of golf in that time? He surpassed Bush’s record for number of golf outings back in October of 2009, a mere 10 months after his election.

I got this from numerous web sites. If you multiply the average round of golf (5 hrs) X 60 rounds, that is 300 hours of golf or basically 2 weeks off playing the course. And, I am pretty sure that most every evening he is fundraising. He needs to do the job that we elected him to do. While Rome burns....

vailpass
07-01-2011, 02:22 PM
As of mid-March Obama has played about 60 rounds of golf since becoming President. How many of you have played 60 rounds of golf in that time? He surpassed Bush’s record for number of golf outings back in October of 2009, a mere 10 months after his election.

I got this from numerous web sites. If you multiply the average round of golf (5 hrs) X 60 rounds, that is 300 hours of golf or basically 2 weeks off playing the course. And, I am pretty sure that most every evening he is fundraising. He needs to do the job that we elected him to do. While Rome burns....

I blame his white half for this.
I wonder how many hours he has spent on the basketball court he had built at the White House?

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 02:24 PM
You can't compare the past to now, the economic situation here is disastrous the worst in our lifetime. michelle had a chance to set a First Lady like example and vacation domestically but the thought never crossed her mind.

michelle "now I like America" obama is liked as much as Mrs. Bush? I don't know a SINGLE person that can stand her.
obama's numbers must largely come from a particular demographic or two. I'd like to make a rug out of her but that is as far as I can stand her.

They do travel domestically. She has been to Spain (bad idea) and now Africa. Laura went 5 times to Africa. 5 times... I know that is ridiculous right?

Michelle and her husband have been back home (Chicago) maybe 2-3 times max, Hawaii a couple of times, Martha's Vineyard a couple of times, and then took a trip out west to Colorado, Montana, Wyoming.

The latest poll at the end of May had Michelle Obama at 66% approval rating... 87% approval for Dems, 46% for dumb right people, and 61% from Independents.

Laura Bush was 63% by year 3-4.

Amnorix
07-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Let's be serious, she's reviled by those who revile her husband and his politics. If she went on vacation in California, it would be "Kalifornia" and how expensive the hotel was and how she was visiting a liberal state and thereby doing some electioneering at the same time.

If she visited any swing state it would be a cheap political stunt disguised as a family vacation.

You don't like the way she walks, talks, or breathes, so why would anyone give a crap whether you like where she takes her vacations? It's not like she lost your vote for her husband by doing so.

Amnorix
07-01-2011, 02:29 PM
The wookie makes my skin crawl.

I cannot think of a public figure who I have any more disrespect for. On any level I cannot define one redeeming thing about her.

Laura Bush should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph. My God the wookie disgusts me.

Thats all

Careful, your racism is showing.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
They do travel domestically. She has been to Spain (bad idea) and now Africa. Laura went 5 times to Africa. 5 times... I know that is ridiculous right?

Michelle and her husband have been back home (Chicago) maybe 2-3 times max, Hawaii a couple of times, Martha's Vineyard a couple of times, and then took a trip out west to Colorado, Montana, Wyoming.

The latest poll at the end of May had Michelle Obama at 66% approval rating... 87% approval for Dems, 46% for dumb right people, and 61% from Independents.

Laura Bush was 63% by year 3-4.

1. The Bush defense does not work here. Completely different set of economic circumstances. Why is it that the left is so hesitant to judge the obamas on their own merits without resorting to "everyone else is doing it too"? Would you accept that excuse from your children?

2.I would need to see the demographics of any poll numbers concerning an obama before I put any creedence into them.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Let's be serious, she's reviled by those who revile her husband and his politics. If she went on vacation in California, it would be "Kalifornia" and how expensive the hotel was and how she was visiting a liberal state and thereby doing some electioneering at the same time.

If she visited any swing state it would be a cheap political stunt disguised as a family vacation.

You don't like the way she walks, talks, or breathes, so why would anyone give a crap whether you like where she takes her vacations? It's not like she lost your vote for her husband by doing so.

I loathe her on her own, would loathe who and what she is regardless of marital status. I can't see how anyone that loves this country would feel any other way.

Amnorix
07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
1. The Bush defense does not work here. Completely different set of economic circumstances. Why is it that the left is so hesitant to judge the obamas on their own merits without resorting to "everyone else is doing it too"? Would you accept that excuse from your children?

I didn't see anything wrong with the Bushes doing it, and don't see anything wrong with the Obamas doing it either. Your stance is hypocritical. The economic circumstances are essentially the same -- massive deficit and debt.

IMHO the President's family should not be penalized for being the President's family. If they want to go on vacation to Africa, fine.

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
As of mid-March Obama has played about 60 rounds of golf since becoming President. How many of you have played 60 rounds of golf in that time? He surpassed Bush’s record for number of golf outings back in October of 2009, a mere 10 months after his election.

JFC. First people bitch when he puts in a basketball court and think that this thug like and then you bitch because OH NOES he plays golf.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Amnorix
07-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I loathe her on her own, would loathe who and what she is regardless of marital status. I can't see how anyone that loves this country would feel any other way.

What you can or can't see may be more a subject for your eye doctor than for us. I love America and don't loathe her. Neither do I love her, but I don't have any big problems with her.

Amnorix
07-01-2011, 02:39 PM
JFC. First people bitch when he puts in a basketball court and think that this thug like and then you bitch because OH NOES he plays golf.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The President is supposed to sit at his desk without moving, eating, drinking, vacationing, golfing, etc., and should also try to avoid sneezing, all in the sake of working as hard as possible for the American people.

Forget that this is totally impossible, unwise and unhealthy, that's what he should do.

And ignore the fact that "their guy" did the same damn thing, let's just focus on what a miserable failure the other guy's guy is because he's not some kind of inhuman robot.

It's just...weird....this fascination with vacation time. Some Democrats had the same problem with Bush going to Texas for two years of his Presidency or whatever the hell it was. I could care less. The Presidency travels with you wherever you go. The President isn't the White House, it's the man.

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 02:40 PM

2.I would need to see the demographics of any poll numbers concerning an obama before I put any creedence into them.

Is it so different? Bush sent men and women to die in Iraq while he goes vacationing every other week. Yeah no problem at all there.

Katrina happens and people are dying and he is on vacation. Great job. :rolleyes:

I don't know how you raise your kids but I expect and treat them the same. I don't allow one kid to get away with something and punish the other one.

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 02:50 PM
The President is supposed to sit at his desk without moving, eating, drinking, vacationing, golfing, etc., and should also try to avoid sneezing, all in the sake of working as hard as possible for the American people.

Forget that this is totally impossible, unwise and unhealthy, that's what he should do.

And ignore the fact that "their guy" did the same damn thing, let's just focus on what a miserable failure the other guy's guy is because he's not some kind of inhuman robot.

It's just...weird....this fascination with vacation time. Some Democrats had the same problem with Bush going to Texas for two years of his Presidency or whatever the hell it was. I could care less. The Presidency travels with you wherever you go. The President isn't the White House, it's the man.

Pretty much.

To me it is just a bunch of petty bullshit.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Is it so different? Bush sent men and women to die in Iraq while he goes vacationing every other week. Yeah no problem at all there.

Katrina happens and people are dying and he is on vacation. Great job. :rolleyes:

I don't know how you raise your kids but I expect and treat them the same. I don't allow one kid to get away with something and punish the other one.

Congratulations on one of the biggest cop-outs/issue evasion/deflections the Planet has ever seen. obama seems to inspire a lot of this. I pity those who attempt to take on the role of apoligist for either one of them. May it be over very soon.

stevieray
07-01-2011, 04:08 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:it's humorous watching you having so much emotionally invested.

even then, you have no right to talk..you've completely obssessed over others public lives.

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Congratulations on one of the biggest cop-outs/issue evasion/deflections the Planet has ever seen. obama seems to inspire a lot of this. I pity those who attempt to take on the role of apoligist for either one of them. May it be over very soon.

Thank you. :)

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 05:05 PM
it's humorous watching you having so much emotionally invested.

even then, you have no right to talk..you've completely obssessed over others public lives.

I am glad I can humor someone.

The Mad Crapper
07-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Obama gave Pussie the night off?

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2011, 10:28 PM
it's humorous watching you having so much emotionally invested.

Stevie...you really need to move beyond right wing nut-job radio. Seriously. :shake:

stevieray
07-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Stevie...you really need to move beyond right wing nut-job radio. Seriously. :shake:

rob, you're making a baseless assumption based on party...

seriously?

....most people who are honest know at this point that the party doesn't matter anymore.. it's the generation and their destructive culture.

Dylan
07-01-2011, 10:54 PM
MIDDLE EAST NEWS
JULY 2, 2011

Iran Funnels New Weapons to Iraq and Afghanistan
By JAY SOLOMON

TEHRAN—Iran's elite military unit, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, has transferred lethal new munitions to its allies in Iraq and Afghanistan in recent months, according to senior U.S. officials, in a bid to accelerate the U.S. withdrawals from these countries.

The Revolutionary Guard has smuggled rocket-assisted exploding projectiles to its militia allies in Iraq, weapons that have already resulted in the deaths of American troops, defense officials said. They said Iranians have also given long-range rockets to the Taliban in Afghanistan, increasing the insurgents' ability to hit U.S. and other coalition positions from a safer distance.

Such arms shipments would escalate the shadow competition for influence playing out between Tehran and Washington across the Middle East and North Africa, fueled by U.S. preparations to draw down forces from two wars and the political rebellions that are sweeping the region.

The U.S. is wrestling with the aftermath of uprisings against longtime Arab allies from Tunisia to Bahrain, and trying to leave behind stable, friendly governments in Afghanistan and Iraq. Iran appears to be trying to gain political ground amid the turmoil and to make the U.S. withdrawals as quick and painful as possible.

"I think we are likely to see these Iranian-backed groups continue to maintain high attack levels" as the exit date nears, Maj. Gen. James Buchanan, the U.S. military's top spokesman in Iraq, said in an interview. "But they are not going to deter us from doing everything we can to help the Iraqi security forces."

In June, 15 U.S. servicemen died in Iraq, the highest monthly casualty figure there in more than two years. The U.S. has attributed all the attacks to Shiite militias it says are are trained by the Revolutionary Guards, rather than al Qaeda or other Sunni groups that were the most lethal forces inside Iraq a few years ago.

In Afghanistan, the Pentagon has in recent months traced to Iran the Taliban's acquisition of rockets that give its fighters roughly double the range to attack North Atlantic Treaty Organization and U.S. targets. U.S. officials said the rockets' markings, and the location of their discovery, give them a "high degree" of confidence that they came from the Revolutionary Guard's overseas unit, the Qods Force.

U.S. defense officials are also increasingly concerned that Iran's stepped-up military activities in the Persian Gulf could inadvertently trigger a clash. A number of near misses involving Iranian and allied ships and planes in those waters in recent months have caused Navy officials to call for improved communication in the Gulf.

Iran's assertive foreign policy comes amid a growing power struggle between President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Many of the president's closest aides have been detained on alleged corruption charges in recent weeks, raising questions as to whether Mr. Ahmadinejad will serve out his term.U.S. and European officials also say Iran has grown increasingly aggressive in trying to influence the political rebellions across the Middle East and North Africa. Tehran is alleged to have dispatched military advisers to Syria to help President Bashar al-Assad put down a popular uprising.

In recent months, according to U.S. officials, Iran has also increased its intelligence and propaganda activities in Egypt, Bahrain and Yemen, countries where pro-U.S. leaders have either fallen or come under intense pressure.

Iranian officials denied in interviews and briefings this week that the Revolutionary Guard played any role in arming militants in Iraq and Afghanistan. They charged the U.S. with concocting these stories to justify maintaining an American military presence in the region.

"This is the propaganda of the Americans. They are worried because they have to leave Iraq very soon, according to the plan," said Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast. "They are better off going home and sorting out their own domestic problems."

Iranians officials have also accused the U.S. and Israel of interfering in Iranian affairs, including assassinating Iranian nuclear scientists and supporting opposition groups. The U.S. and Israel have denied this.

In recent weeks, Iran's leadership invited the presidents of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq to Tehran to discuss regional affairs. Senior Iranian officials made it clear during those meetings that they wanted an accelerated exit of American forces from the region.

"Americans want to have permanent bases in Afghanistan, and this is dangerous because the real security will not be established as long as the American military forces are present," Ayatollah Khamenei told Afghan President Hamid Karzai last week, according to Iranian state media.

Iraq has in recent years been a proxy battlefield for the U.S. and Iran. U.S. officials in Iraq said the Qods Force is training and arming three primary militias that have in recent months attacked U.S. and Iraqi forces. Kata'ib Hezbollah, or Brigades of the Party of God, is viewed as the one most directly taking orders from Revolutionary Guard commanders in Iran. Two others, the Promise Day Brigade and Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, are offshoots of the Mahdi Army headed by the anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, who currently lives in Iran.

Over the past six months, Kata'ib Hezbollah has escalated attacks on U.S. forces employing weapons called IRAMs, or improvised rocket-assisted munitions. The weapons are often propane tanks packed with hundreds of pounds of explosives and powered by rockets. Militiamen launch the weapons from the backs of flatbed trucks.

Kata'ib Hezbollah claimed credit for a June 6 IRAM attack that killed six American troops at Camp Victory, near Baghdad International Airport. This week, three more Americans were killed when an IRAM struck a desert base just a few miles from the Iranian border in Iraq's Wasit Province, according to U.S. officials.

"We believe the militias see themselves as in competition with each other," said Gen. Buchanan. "They want to claim credit for making us leave Iraq."

The U.S. believes Iranian involvement in Afghanistan is significantly lower than in Iraq. But U.S. officials said they have seen clear evidence that the Revolutionary Guard has transferred longer-range rockets to elements of the Taliban that significantly enhance their ability to target U.S. and other NATO forces.

In February, British forces intercepted a shipment of four dozen 122-millimeter rockets moving through Afghanistan's desolate Nimruz Province near the Iranian and Pakistan borders. The rockets have an estimated range of about 13 miles, more than double the distance of the majority of the Taliban's other rockets.

"It was the first time we've seen that weapon," said a senior U.S. defense official in Afghanistan. "We saw that as upping the ante a bit from the kind of support we've seen in the past."

U.S. officials stressed that most of Iran's influence in Afghanistan is channeled through "soft power"—business, aid and diplomacy. But these officials said the deployment of more U.S. and NATO forces along the Afghan-Iranian border as part of the Obama administration's Afghanistan "surge" appears to have raised Iran's sense of insecurity.

These officials said Iran's support for the Taliban appears to wax and wane in relation to how successful Washington and NATO appear to be in stabilizing Afghanistan. Shiite-majority Iran has traditionally viewed the Taliban, a Sunni group, with trepidation. The two sides nearly fought a war in 1998 after the Taliban executed Iranian diplomats based in the central Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif.

"They're supporting the Taliban because they want us out of here," said the U.S. official in Afghanistan. "If we're making gains, I can see them upping their support. If they're making gains, they'll probably stay quiet."

In large part because of the growing wariness over Iran's backing of Shiite militias in Iraq, the U.S. is considering altering its withdrawal plans from the country, say administration and defense officials.

All U.S. forces are due to depart at the end of the year, but senior American officials have hinted loudly that they would like Baghdad to ask the U.S. to keep a viable force in the country beyond that date. Some administration and military officials have talked about retaining 10,000 troops in Iraq.

Military officials and defense analysts cite Iran as a prime justification for extending the U.S. presence. They say Iran is trying to use its military, which is much more powerful than Iraq's, and Shiite proxy militias inside Iraq to pressure Baghdad to maintain close ties with Tehran.

Adm. William McRaven, the administration's nominee to lead Special Operations Command, told a Senate panel this week that he favors keeping a commando force in Iraq that would be available to counter threats.

—Julian E. Barnes contributed to this article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303763404576420080640167182.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories#articleTabs%3Darticle

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
rob, you're making a baseless assumption based on party...

seriously?

....most people who are honest know at this point that the party doesn't matter anymore.. it's the generation and their destructive culture.

Party and generation, seriously....when it's THE "culture" of Rush or Sean? Seriously? :shake:

The Mad Crapper
07-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Tone deaf bitch.

It's pretty funny to picture them, actually sitting on a sofa in the WH residence, her in a designer dress with her Jimmy Choos kicked off in the corner, him with his WH brewed honey ale, reading the 10 letters for the day and saying, 'Michelle, it just isn't right, what people are going through.' 'Why, what do you mean Barack?' 'We have to fix it. I am tired, but I can't rest until this is fixed!'

ROFL

http://www.michellesmirror.com/2011/07/picking-right-bag-lady-to-find-twf-wtf.html