PDA

View Full Version : Obama Vacation Time, recharge those batteries

HonestChieffan
06-29-2011, 06:22 AM
WASHINGTON — For the first family, their Vineyard haven is taking on the flavor of a summer White House. President Obama, for the third straight year, is planning to return to Martha’s Vineyard for vacation this summer, according to a White House official.

The Obamas are scheduled to spend seven to 10 days on the island in mid- to late August, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of security concerns.

Arrangements for White House staff members and Secret Service personnel who travel with the Obamas have been made.

The family is expected to stay at Blue Heron Farm in Chilmark, the same 28-acre estate the family rented in 2009 and 2010. The farm overlooks Tisbury Great Pond and includes a basketball court, pool, and boat house.

Last year, White House officials told the Globe that the Obamas like Martha’s Vineyard in part because of its natural beauty, beaches, and food.

“And it’s someplace that the president went before he was president and likes to go back because it’s a comfortable place where he can rest and recharge the batteries a little bit,’’ said Bill Burton, Obama’s deputy press secretary at the time.

During past vacations on the Vineyard, the president spent much of his time on the farm but ventured out sporadically for golf and for family jaunts for ice cream and shopping.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/06/29/obamas_to_summer_on_marthas_vineyard_once_more/

ClevelandBronco
06-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Gots to get away from that golf game.

blaise
06-29-2011, 06:58 AM
It is very nice there. I wish I could go all the time, too.

oldandslow
06-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Lot's of things to ding Obama over, but to me, this isn't one of them. All presidents take vacations. They should.

Otter
06-29-2011, 07:18 AM
The further this ass clown, American Idol President is from the White House the better.

SuperChief
06-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Lot's of things to ding Obama over, but to me, this isn't one of them. All presidents take vacations. They should.

My thoughts exactly. Why bitch about someone taking a vacation? They're still human (perhaps) - everyone needs some time away to recharge.

I say this becasue I just got back from vacation. Maybe I'm jaded.

loochy
06-29-2011, 09:18 AM

I agree with this too. I'm sure the man has about 0 hours to himself the rest of the time...and sure even when he is on "vacation" or doing other seemingly recreational duties, he's still on call. He will definitely be doing work on vacation.

mnchiefsguy
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
I agree with this too. I'm sure the man has about 0 hours to himself the rest of the time...and sure even when he is on "vacation" or doing other seemingly recreational duties, he's still on call. He will definitely be doing work on vacation.

I agree, can't really fault Obama for this. He is still President 24/7 whether he is at the White House or elsewhere.