PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Has it Always Been Like This?

durtyrute
06-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I notice ALOT of people on here bashing O Dammit on a regular basis (pretty much everyday). Now I'm not a fan of O Hell either, but the thing that I wonder is when Busch (I know how to spell it) was in charge was there an equal amount of bashing towards him, cause we all know he was a fuck up just like O brother.

Radar Chief
06-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Yes, maybe even a little worse just from 180* of where its coming now.
Interestingly, not many of the Duhbya haters are still around. Seems they don’t play defense so well.

ChiTown
06-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Uh, yeah. It was just as bad, if not worse. BTW, I'm a conservative who hated Bush as a President in his 2nd term. He was beyond awful. That said, I'll take 2nd term George over O'fuck up any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

HonestChieffan
06-29-2011, 08:46 AM
There is a difference in that except for a few wildeyed posters, the anti bush crowd could have some dialog with others. The pro Obama crowd has dwindled to just the ones who cannot dialog, everything is Bush's fault, or they move directly to personal attacks on anyone nearby.

Gonna get worse as they employ those two tactics to divert attention and exposure of the dismal record Obama has to run on.

What else do they have?

durtyrute
06-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Okay, I didn't know if it was a "bash the dem" thing or what. Glad to see it's just a "bash the fuck up" thing. :thumb:

MOhillbilly
06-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Leadin up to when Bush II got reelected it was beat down city. Pretty sure a couple CP blood feuds were born outta that one.

loochy
06-29-2011, 09:18 AM
When times are bad and the government is in overall retard mode, the president will get smashed no matter the party.

blaise
06-29-2011, 09:25 AM
It was the same stuff, even though some people on the left comically act like it wasn't.

blaise
06-29-2011, 09:25 AM
I suspect a weather machine is behind most of it.

talastan
06-29-2011, 09:26 AM
I hated 'W's politics because he was a pseudo-conservative. I didn't vote for him in 2004. Obama hasn't been much different than Bush IMO. He's continuing many of the same things that Bush did (even after arguing against it as a Senator). If the R's trot out another Romney/McCain/Bush clone I'm voting third party again this year. :shake: Tired of picking the lesser of evils.

Chiefshrink
06-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Give me a Perry/Bachmann or a Perry/Ryan ticket and we win hands down:thumb: Imagine a Perry/Christie ticket or vice versa although Christie is a psuedo conservative when you look closely.

durtyrute
06-29-2011, 09:43 AM
I hated 'W's politics because he was a pseudo-conservative. I didn't vote for him in 2004. Obama hasn't been much different than Bush IMO. He's continuing many of the same things that Bush did (even after arguing against it as a Senator). If the R's trot out another Romney/McCain/Bush clone I'm voting third party again this year. :shake: Tired of picking the lesser of evils.

So now the question is, Do you guys think that the parties actually matter. They all say they will do this and they will do that and they pretty much NEVER do anything that will help our country. How can someone be so opposed to GW and then get into office and continue the same plan that GW put in place?

KILLER_CLOWN
I love both of them, I'm hoping to be able to build a statue for each of them to hold up for future generations to hold up as a shining light for what they may achieve through hard work and determination. My only hope is that the next in line can hold a candle to what these individuals have done for free humanity.

KILLER_CLOWN
Give me a Perry/Bachmann or a Perry/Ryan ticket and we win hands down:thumb: Imagine a Perry/Christie ticket or vice versa although Christie is a psuedo conservative when you look closely.

Rick Perry the Pseudo conservative? Former Al Gore Campaign manager? Gee that should work out well.

loochy
06-29-2011, 10:01 AM
So now the question is, Do you guys think that the parties actually matter. They all say they will do this and they will do that and they pretty much NEVER do anything that will help our country. How can someone be so opposed to GW and then get into office and continue the same plan that GW put in place?

No, I don't. I think they are all worthless in the end...I just don't like what the democrats say though. The republicans' talk is more in line with my point of views.

Predarat
06-29-2011, 10:24 AM
The Repubs went to send all our jobs to 3rd world countries, the Dems want to pay everyone not to work. Hope a good 3rd party candiate comes up or someone worth a shit in the Dems or Pubs.

dirk digler
06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
There is a difference in that except for a few wildeyed posters, the anti bush crowd could have some dialog with others. The pro Obama crowd has dwindled to just the ones who cannot dialog, everything is Bush's fault, or they move directly to personal attacks on anyone nearby.

Gonna get worse as they employ those two tactics to divert attention and exposure of the dismal record Obama has to run on.

What else do they have?

That is interesting considering 99% of your threads you spam us with you never participate in.

But to answer your question durtyrute yes it has always been like this though I would admit it is not as bad as when jaz and Denise were here full time.

Okie_Apparition
06-29-2011, 11:07 AM
DC is like getting married & going to th e in-laws family reunion. There has been fueds going on for years & it would take a road map with alot of intersections to find your way. By the way don't eat the potato salad with the green tuberware lid, that bitch spit in it. Believe that

durtyrute
06-29-2011, 11:09 AM
DC is like getting married & going to th e in-laws family reunion. There has been fueds going on for years & it would take a road map with alot of intersections to find your way. By the way don't eat the potato salad with the green tuberware lid, that bitch spit in it. Believe that

ROFLROFL

Okie_Apparition
06-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Shit. Change the tuberware lid to white. Green could indicate something I didn't intend.

~or maybe clear lid fuck

Hydrae
06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Shit. Change the tuberware lid to white. Green could indicate something I didn't intend.

~or maybe clear lid ****

Tupperware

Okie_Apparition
06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
You dn't know my inlaws

durtyrute
06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Tupperware

Couldn't just let it go could you....NOooooooooooooo.....lol

Hydrae
06-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Couldn't just let it go could you....NOooooooooooooo.....lol

Teaching opportunity. :D

Backwards Masking
06-29-2011, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=Predarat;7721109]the Dems want to pay everyone not to work. QUOTE]

They do? Where do I sign up? I've had to work harder for the same amount of money to buy all my stuff at almost double the price it was 10 years ago.

Not that I'm a dem, or believe in either party anymore.

Jaric
06-29-2011, 12:15 PM
You dn't know my inlaws

They're apparently doing better than my inlaws.

Mine are still using coolwhip containers.

orange
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Tupperware

No, tuberware.

http://www.salon.com/food/feature/2010/03/05/food_lift_infomercial_video_roundup/md_horiz.jpg

Perfect for Soylent Brown.

(notice: blue lid = safe to eat)

Chiefshrink
06-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Rick Perry the Pseudo conservative? Former Al Gore Campaign manager? Gee that should work out well.

Yeah I know he was but something tells me he has had a political Damascus road experience into conservatism. Am I wishing too much here?

KILLER_CLOWN
06-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Yeah I know he was but something tells me he has had a political Damascus road experience into conservatism. Am I wishing too much here?

thus far his fruits have yet to be as shown.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2011, 01:21 AM

I never felt that way about my in-laws when I had a set of 'em!

BucEyedPea
06-30-2011, 01:21 AM

Yup! He's probably changed on some things but not enough—prolly why he's being tapped.

Taco John
06-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Oh yeah. It was terrible. It got so bad that at one point in time there was a great Republican exodus from this place. Many of them went so far as demanding the mods make it impossible for them to even see the forum as an option to visit in their navigation bars. It was quite hilarious.

|Zach|
06-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Oh yeah. It was terrible. It got so bad that at one point in time there was a great Republican exodus from this place. Many of them went so far as demanding the mods make it impossible for them to even see the forum as an option to visit in their navigation bars. It was quite hilarious.

There was even a picture made.

durtyrute
06-30-2011, 08:17 AM

Wow...peoople take this shit pretty seriously around here huh?

Rausch
06-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Wow...peoople take this shit pretty seriously around here huh?

Some do...

Bump
06-30-2011, 12:03 PM
well this place is filled with republicans who think George W was one of the greatest presidents ever.

ROYC75
06-30-2011, 12:14 PM
They're apparently doing better than my inlaws.

Mine are still using coolwhip containers.

That and Country Spread, whatever margarine spread she buys.

ROYC75
06-30-2011, 12:15 PM

It was chaos ...... But Good Times.

Brock
06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
There was even a picture made.

Refresh my memory on this, plz

Chief Faithful
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=Predarat;7721109]the Dems want to pay everyone not to work. QUOTE]

They do? Where do I sign up? I've had to work harder for the same amount of money to buy all my stuff at almost double the price it was 10 years ago.

Not that I'm a dem, or believe in either party anymore.

Try sitting in the un-employment line it is like having an 8 hour job.

Chief Faithful
06-30-2011, 12:51 PM

It got so bad there was no way to take this place serious. Things have toned down a lot.

Taco John
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Refresh my memory on this, plz

I tried to find it, but damned if I didn't have a hard time locating that thread... As I recall, it was the Great Republican Exodus of 2006.

Backwards Masking
07-01-2011, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Backwards Masking;7721255]

Try sitting in the un-employment line it is like having an 8 hour job.

Touche. It's worse actually, cause you don't get paid, or you do, but you have to pay it back with hoop jumping involved.

ChiefsCountry
07-01-2011, 02:29 PM
well this place is filled with republicans who think George W was one of the greatest presidents ever.

Compared to the present POS we got in office he is.

BucEyedPea
07-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Compared to the present POS we got in office he is.

It's a toss up for me!