PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports If You Could Save Only One

vailpass
06-29-2011, 04:24 PM
If you could save only one and the other two dissapeared forever which would you save?
The NBA
The US Soccer Team
NFL Pre-Season Games

Deberg_1990
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
NBA by a looooooooong shot

OnTheWarpath58
06-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I'd rather watch Pop Warner preseason games than the NBA or Soccer.

sedated
06-29-2011, 04:28 PM
US Soccer, but that's not saying much for the other two.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I voted for the NBA but I love the US Soccer team.

Dicky McElephant

This.

milkman

I'd rather watch paint dry than soccer.

milkman
06-29-2011, 04:31 PM
From the NBA lockout thread.

Personally I think the preseason is important to the development of the team when they are just finding their way, and for finding those unexpected gems.

I know most people hate the preseason, and I understand that, but if I had to choose, I would choose the NFL preseason.

Demonpenz
06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Would I rather have aids or super aids

milkman
06-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Seriously, I'd rather watch Nascar than soccer.

I'd rather watch college golf than soccer.

CoMoChief
06-29-2011, 04:36 PM
NFL pre-season.

Why? NFL Tickets often are free because people give them away because the games are meaningless, however tailgating venues etc. are still a lot of fun to be a part of. You get to see the college studs for the first time in NFL uniforms. It's a good way to find out what the late round picks and UDFA's can do....battles for the last few roster spots, cuts deadlines etc. While the gameplay and competition is vanilla, it's still NFL football, which is the most popular sport in the US.

NBA sucks up until the final few weeks of the season and into the playoffs. Everything before that is garbage, horrible refs, no-calls.....the list goes on. The NBA has sucked ever since MJ retired. I love bball, played it all my life.....NCAA bball is MUCH better, but the NBA is better than, say....NHL, Nascar, and for the sake of this argument, soccer.

Soccer? ROFL...........They have their certain audience, but the sport will not catch onto the average sports fan the way the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and PGA does. Most people in the USA don't give 2 shits about the sport. You'd be hard pressed to find (even the above-average sports fan) that can name 5 professional soccer players. I know I can't...and don't care either, and I think it's safe to say that there are A LOT of US sports fans that feel this way. Soccer is boring, IMO that will never change.

milkman
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd rather watch Survivor reruns than soccer.

Hell I'd rather watch John Goodman and Roseanne Barr humping than soccer.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
So far more people would rather save Gaz' Tequila Rose collection than US Soccer. Twice as many would save NFL pre-season as would save the entire NBA.

An admittedly miniscule sample but trending all the same.

Buck
06-29-2011, 04:38 PM
To be honest with you, my sense of patriotism is highest when watching the Olympics and the US Men's National Team.

That's why I chose Soccer.

milkman
06-29-2011, 04:38 PM
NFL pre-season.

Why? NFL Tickets often are free because people give them away because the games are meaningless, however tailgating venues etc. are still a lot of fun to be a part of. You get to see the college studs for the first time in NFL uniforms. While the gameplay and competition is vanilla, it's still NFL football, which is the most popular sport in the US.

NBA sucks up until the final few weeks of the season and into the playoffs. Everything before that is garbage, horrible refs, no-calls.....the list goes on. The NBA has sucked ever since Magic and Bird retired.

Soccer? ROFL...........They have their certain audience, but the sport will not catch onto the average sports fan the way the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and PGA does. Most people in the USA don't give 2 shits about the sport. You'd be hard pressed to find (even the above-average sports fan) that can name 5 professional soccer players. I know I can't...and don't care either, and I think it's safe to say that there are A LOT of US sports fans that feel this way. Soccer is boring, IMO that will never change.

FYP

vailpass
06-29-2011, 04:39 PM
To be honest with you, my sense of patriotism is highest when watching the Olympics and the US Men's National Team.

So you're one of those guys. Who are the other 9 guys with you?

Predarat
06-29-2011, 04:41 PM
NBA
NFL Pre Season
Tequilla for Gaz
soccer

milkman
06-29-2011, 04:41 PM

The Olympics rate right there with soccer for me.

I don't feel any national pride because some dumbass I never met gets a medal in diving off a board, ostensibly in the name of the USA.

That's a load of crap.

listopencil
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Seriously, I'd rather watch Nascar than soccer.

I'd rather watch college golf than soccer.

I'd rather watch you watching soccer than soccer. That's how bad it is.

Bump
06-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Buck must be Clark Hunt in disguise

Phobia
06-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I think lots of people are voting for the NBA because they're frightened about the prospects of putting a bunch of very tall thugs on the street.

BIG_DADDY
06-29-2011, 04:45 PM
NBA by a looooooooong shot

Pretty much

sedated
06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't feel any national pride because some dumbass I never met gets a medal in diving off a board, ostensibly in the name of the USA.

And yet you feel pride when the Chiefs win? So...you've met all of the Chiefs? Or any of them?

How is rooting for someone with a "USA" on their chest any different than rooting for someone with a "Kansas City" on their chest?

vailpass
06-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Pretty much

My thing is if the NBA dissapeared I could watch NCAA hoops and never miss a beat.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 04:48 PM
And yet you feel pride when the Chiefs win? So...you've met all of the Chiefs? Or any of them?

How is rooting for someone with a "USA" on their chest any different than rooting for someone with a "Kansas City" on their chest?

Rooting for the Chiefs means you have pride in Kansas City?

keg in kc
06-29-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd rather repeatedly slice my balls with a flaming rusty alcohol-doused razor blade covered in AIDS dust than watch the NBA, so it's a tossup between soccer and the preseason.

sedated
06-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Rooting for the Chiefs means you have pride in Kansas City?

I would say vice versa. I assume most Chiefs fans have some emotional connection to Kansas City (other than just the Chiefs).

milkman
06-29-2011, 04:54 PM

I am not watching football out of some sense of civic pride.

I'd venture to guess that over 90% of the people that watch the Olympics watch any other competition involving the sports that are Olympic sports.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Soccer has moved into a tie with Gaz.
A tie.
Imagine that.

Bump
06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
if the NBA went away, there would be way too many rappers out there and crime would go up

Buck
06-29-2011, 05:05 PM
I am not watching football out of some sense of civic pride.

I'd venture to guess that over 90% of the people that watch the Olympics watch any other competition involving the sports that are Olympic sports.

I'm not watching the US Soccer Team out of civic pride. I like Soccer. I just feel patriotic watching it.

DJ's left nut
06-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Better question: How many of you would kill off the NBA if it also meant being rid of soccer?

If it got rid of haughty soccer fans that believe I hate the game because I'm not sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of the off-sides rule, then so long, Kobe.

Soccer sucks pretty hard. Soccer fans suck worse.

milkman
06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm not watching the US Soccer Team out of civic pride. I like Soccer. I just feel patriotic watching it.

How often do you watch diving competitions?

Swimming?

Gymnastics?

The Luge?

You get the point.

Buck
06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
How often do you watch diving competitions?

Swimming?

Gymnastics?

The Luge?

You get the point.

I like sport/competition.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Better question: How many of you would kill off the NBA if it also meant being rid of soccer?

If it got rid of haughty soccer fans that believe I hate the game because I'm not sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of the off-sides rule, then so long, Kobe.

Good point.

milkman
06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I like sport/competition.

So, you're a fan?

How often do you watch?

mikey23545
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I'd rather get caught trying to fuck a female bulldog by my grandson than watch soccer.

DaFace
06-29-2011, 05:18 PM
I may have thought too much about this. I'd personally be most likely to watch NFL preseason games, but think the U.S. as a whole would be lesser if the U.S. soccer team didn't exist.

Rain Man
06-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I'd rather get caught trying to **** a female bulldog by my grandson than watch soccer.

Honestly I'd probably gut it out and watch the soccer game.

milkman
06-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I may have thought too much about this. I'd personally be most likely to watch NFL preseason games, but think the U.S. as a whole would be lesser if the U.S. soccer team didn't exist.

How so?

Hell, years ago, I didn't know there was a U.S. soccer team.

Buck
06-29-2011, 05:21 PM
So, you're a fan?

How often do you watch?

About as often as I watch Soccer.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 05:21 PM

You are right. I'm not sayin' about what but you are right. :)

Rain Man
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM
There's not even a contest in this for me. Preseason games are my warmups for the regular season, and my first chance to see the new rookies and stuff. Sure, it's not the regular season, but it's still entertaining to me. Basketball and soccer don't interest me at all.

mikey23545
06-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Honestly I'd probably gut it out and watch the soccer game.

I guess it depends on what the bulldog looked like.

Old Dog
06-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Don't care in the least about the NBA and I hate paying full price for preseason games, so it's the US soccer team for me though I'm not a huge soccer fan. I don't give much of a hoot about the MLS but if you put USA on the front of the jersey, I'll watch it on TV more often than not (curling, bobsledding, rowing, whatever)

Mr. Laz
06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I said NBA but only because the choice was so ridiculous.

4 preseason games are nothing vs an entire league even if i don't care for it much. If nothing else all the employees that work the NBA games are worth more than preaseason.

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Easy choice for me.

http://www.designlessbetter.com/blogless/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/51877829_d1662f9c67.jpg

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I know this is a football site but I am pretty surprised at the love for NFl preseason games.

milkman
06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
I know this is a football site but I am pretty surprised at the love for NFl preseason games.

Overall, I suspect it has more to do with the disdain for the other choices.

ChiefsCountry
06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
NBA is the best sports league after the NFL.

Predarat
06-29-2011, 06:50 PM

Both soccer and the NBA gone?? That is one hellva deal right there! I might miss the NBA finals. Every now and then. Just a little bit.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Thus the wording of the poll. An ENTIRE league, an ENTIRE national team against meaningless PRESEASON NFL.
I'm not surprised in the least and have a feeling a national poll would yield similar results.

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Thus the wording of the poll. An ENTIRE league, an ENTIRE national team against meaningless PRESEASON NFL.
I'm not surprised in the least and have a feeling a national poll would yield similar results.

You think? I think a national poll NFL preseason games get raped against the NBA as a league.

I am a huge soccer fan but I understand its place...as an ascending but still not prime time sport.

As far as the NBA goes I personally don't care for it but I don't think for a second it wouldn't win big in a wider poll of this nature.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 07:03 PM
You think? I think a national poll NFL preseason games get raped against the NBA as a league.

I am a huge soccer fan but I understand its place...as an ascending but still not prime time sport.

As far as the NBA goes I personally don't care for it but I don't think for a second it wouldn't win big in a wider poll of this nature.

I'd like to see it. If NFL preseason garners 30% of the vote that would be a huge referendum.
Notice how NFL regular season against NBA entire league existence isn't even a question?

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 07:09 PM
I know I am a weird outlier in regards to sports and leagues and the mix I enjoy.

The NFL for me is the absolutely king in product and emotional connection and is connected to favorite sports. Football is the game I grew up playing and the Chiefs are the team I grew up following. It is forever...in sickness and in health...in good times and bad.

The NHL and the NBA are something I follow very casually. I like keeping up on their post seasons and championships.

MLB is just boring to me. I used to enjoy it...I don't even blame the Royals but more so the game itself. It drags and the teams have no identity. Just mercenary players traded between the big clubs. I enjoy going out to the park every now and then because the K is nice and it makes for a good day. But even then I haven't gone all year and haven't missed it.

The MLS has replaced MLB for me. Ownership and players care about the team its fans and the city. World class stadium right here in town and an exciting product.

If you throw college into the mix for me the pecking order is...

1. NFL - Chiefs
2. Mizzou - Football
3. Mizzou - Basketball
4. MLS - Sporting Kansas City + US International Soccer

It falls off so far after that its not worth mentioning.

Just Passin' By
06-29-2011, 07:12 PM

Soccer is claimed to be ascending about once every 4 years. Then reality sets in.

milkman
06-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Soccer is claimed to be ascending about once every 4 years. Then reality sets in.

It is ascending, because the Latino poulation continues to grow.

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 07:14 PM

What? Its growth has been obvious and measurable. TV, money, attendance, development.

You don't have to like it but you might want to avoid talking about something you know nothing about.

Just Passin' By
06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
What? Its growth has been obvious and measurable. TV, money, attendance, development.

You don't have to like it but you might want to avoid talking about something you know nothing about.

It's a sport that's not able to hold onto the populace.

|Zach|
06-29-2011, 07:17 PM
It's a sport that's not able to hold onto the populace.

It absolutely is ascending and gaining hold on a lot of levels a lot of them I listed below. I mean maybe if you are making one of those straw man arguments where someone claims its not the NFL like they are making a point. It only took you one post to change the goal posts though. lol.

Just Passin' By
06-29-2011, 07:21 PM
It absolutely is ascending and gaining hold on a lot of levels a lot of them I listed below. I mean maybe if you are making one of those straw man arguments where someone claims its not the NFL like they are making a point. It only took you one post to change the goal posts though. lol.

I'm not making a straw man argument. We saw this same thing happen with MISL.

And I didn't move any goalposts, either.

2010 saw a big jump in attendance, aided in no small part by a huge spike in New York, with a new facility. 2011 has seen 8 of the 18 teams with declining attendance, with 2 of them not having 2010 attendance figures, meaning half the teams are dealing with declining attendance. If you took Sporting KC out of the equation (huge spike from 10k to 19k), the league would be suffering an overall decline in that attendance.

http://ussoccernews.net/2011/06/20/ussn-major-league-soccer-attendance-update/

SPATCH
06-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Initially, I felt keeping the NBA was the obvious choice. However, I couldn't bare the thought of losing US soccer and decided I could get my basketball fix through the NCAA

Groves
06-29-2011, 07:30 PM
The only thing that makes an NFL pre-season game tolerable is the NFL season that comes after it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 08:28 PM

This.

Bump
06-29-2011, 08:50 PM
The only thing that makes an NFL pre-season game tolerable is the NFL season that comes after it.

I kinda like watching rookies play

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I kinda like watching rookies play

Absolutely.

chefsos
06-29-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't know if Tequila Rose is a drink, flower, or hooker. But I voted for it/her.

Bwana
06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
NFL, end of story.

milkman
06-29-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't know if Tequila Rose is a drink, flower, or hooker. But I voted for it/her.

n00b

RJ
06-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I'll save the NBA but I won't be happy about it.

WV
06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
If there was a way to make this poll come true I'd elect you president! The NFL Pre Season should win by a landslide.

Baconeater
06-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Preseason NFL, and it's not even close. It's football FFS.

SDChiefs
06-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Dude?! Are there seriously 18 ppl who chose soccer? Wtf is wrong with this country. This should be in dc.

blaise
06-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I'd be happy if NFL preseason disappeared forever.

patteeu
06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
If saving the US Soccer team meant that you were saving them all the way through to a World Cup championship, I'd have picked them. I assumed it meant something less than that, so I picked the NBA.

|Zach|
06-30-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm not making a straw man argument. We saw this same thing happen with MISL.

And I didn't move any goalposts, either.

You did move the goal posts. You went from challenging that it was ascending which your own link your own words agree with...talking about the huge jump from 2009 to 2010 and then your own link had this nice little line below...

Overall league attendance continues to average above 17000, the best since 1996.

Then you moved the goal posts to a vague "holding the populace" line that can't be backed up or refuted.

Attendance is only part of the story of course you know that because you have to be playing dumb to try keep together some of the laffy taffy logic you are bringing.

The MLS has seen great growth during a horrible economic recession. Comparing it to the MISL is adorable.

You can see it everywhere especially in this town. When I was shooting with the Wizards they used to joke about how many beers they would have to buy someone at the KC Star to doing any kind of story on the Wizards now they have a guy who follows Sporting and only sporting with its own section doing features and unique coverage.

In the middle of America...with multiple pro sports teams...and multiple college fan bases in the middle of Big 12 Country a lot of people seem to be tuning into soccer. But please...send me more links about how overall attendance is up to try and make your point.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1SBIrxSyLIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predarat
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Soccer is beating GAZ. This sucks!

blaise
06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
I like watching World Cup soccer but I can't think of a reason to watch an MLS game.

Iowanian
06-30-2011, 09:49 AM
I think soccer and the NBA suck so I guess I'm not a good one to ask for an unbiased response.

kc rush
06-30-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't care one iota about basketball or soccer, so I voted for the NFL Preseason. Not that the preseason games are great, but its a chance to see how the young guys respond in a game situation.

eazyb81
06-30-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't see how anyone could vote anything other than the NBA if you watched this year's playoffs. They were the best since the MJ years.

ChiefsCountry
06-30-2011, 10:23 AM
I really don't get all of the NBA hate. Its the best basketball in the world by far. Its so much better than college ball.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Terrace culture is the ONLY cool thing about soccer.

|Zach|
06-30-2011, 10:50 AM
I really don't get all of the NBA hate. Its the best basketball in the world by far. Its so much better than college ball.

Eh the season is too long and most the time it is just bland. Guys standing around.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 10:59 AM

To you maybe. To a lot of us NBA is not the best basketball in the world by far. Some teams are downright unwatchable. A good percentage of the players are unlikable. The TV ratings reflect this. I can get every ounce of hoops I need from college ball.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Terrace culture is the ONLY cool thing about soccer.

In Euro absolutely. Even here in the US? ( I honestly don't know).

sedated
06-30-2011, 11:02 AM

Yes, soccer fans who have to constantly defend liking their “boring” sport are much worse than the assh0les who bang their drum with “soccer sucks” chants like some lobotomized neanderthal. I’m no soccer die-hard or anything, but 28 consecutive posts about how much soccer sucks, just at the mere mention of soccer, seems a little unnecessary. I can respect someone simply says “I don’t watch sports that I don’t like just because of patriotism” like Milkman did – as opposed to extremely enlightening rants that “soccer sucks, and soccer fans suck”. It’s a sport, some people like it, some people hate it. What point is there to getting in someone’s face just because you like different sports?

sedated
06-30-2011, 11:07 AM

Personally, I think they might be too good. When I watch a game, they seem to make everything they shoot, and the court looks too small and crowded. I prefer the college game where there appear to be differing styles of play, and when someone shoots there’s actually suspense as to whether or not they are going to make it. Plus, the crowds are much more into the game in college, which adds something the NBA will never have (I’ll take the rowdy college kids over the announcer chanting “de-fense” to a quiet crowd any day of the week).

Mr. Laz
06-30-2011, 11:09 AM
dam illegals breeding like bunnies! :cuss:

:evil:

MOhillbilly
06-30-2011, 11:21 AM
In Euro absolutely. Even here in the US? ( I honestly don't know).

MLS has yobs. No one cares though.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
MLS has yobs. No one cares though.

Yobs. I just learned a new word. If we had more of that in the US I might start to understand this soccer culture thing.
Found some interesting youtube videos too. Thanks.

Just Passin' By
06-30-2011, 12:36 PM
You did move the goal posts. You went from challenging that it was ascending which your own link your own words agree with...talking about the huge jump from 2009 to 2010 and then your own link had this nice little line below...

Overall league attendance continues to average above 17000, the best since 1996.

Then you moved the goal posts to a vague "holding the populace" line that can't be backed up or refuted.

Nothing vague about it. The inability to hold the populace is the reality I referred to.

Attendance is only part of the story of course you know that because you have to be playing dumb to try keep together some of the laffy taffy logic you are bringing.

The MLS has seen great growth during a horrible economic recession. Comparing it to the MISL is adorable.

You can see it everywhere especially in this town. When I was shooting with the Wizards they used to joke about how many beers they would have to buy someone at the KC Star to doing any kind of story on the Wizards now they have a guy who follows Sporting and only sporting with its own section doing features and unique coverage.

In the middle of America...with multiple pro sports teams...and multiple college fan bases in the middle of Big 12 Country a lot of people seem to be tuning into soccer. But please...send me more links about how overall attendance is up to try and make your point.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1SBIrxSyLIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You keep the dream alive. It's always sad watching the soccer geeks see their dream of USA success going down in flames.

CoMoChief
06-30-2011, 03:52 PM

ROFL are u serious?

Man.....if the US didn't have a gymnastics team.....

CoMoChief
06-30-2011, 03:53 PM

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT.

College is much better. March Madness is better than anything the NBA has to offer.

Are the players better? Well sure...they're pros. But saying it's the best basketball in the world is blatantly false. There are so many non-calls (i.e. in the NBA you can take 4 steps, its so bad they may as well write it in the damn rule book), horrible calls, streetball-like style of gameplay to even suggest NBA is better than NCAA's.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2011, 03:54 PM
I'd rather watch old ladies make tamales than soccer.

Rausch
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
No one gives a $3it about NFL preseason games. Not even NFL fans.

I don't really give a $3it about the NBA. Regular or post-season.

I can't say I'm all that huge a follower of teh Soccer scene but anything that allows us to sport-fuck the Euros and remind the world who's-who gets a rise outta' me...

CoMoChief
06-30-2011, 04:01 PM

ROFL ba dum CHING

Predarat
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM
I'd rather watch old ladies make tamales than soccer.

Those things can burn your damn mouth!

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM

I can't say I'm all that huge a follower of teh Soccer scene but anything that allows us to sport-**** the Euros and remind the world who's-who gets a rise outta' me...

Lots of people give a shit about NFL preseason. Lots. Check the TV ratings. Check the poll here.
And exactly when are the US soccer wanna' be's going to start "sport fucking" the Euros?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Those things can burn your damn mouth!

Home made tamales with real maza are like potato chips or pizza; I just eat and eat and eat them until I'm ready to burst.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Home made tamales with real maza are like potato chips or pizza; I just eat and eat and eat them until I'm ready to burst.

Damn right. Christmas tamales from our house helper are something I look forward to every year. I'll freeze a couple big bags of them so I can throw them in the steamer whenever I need some love.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2011, 04:23 PM

I can't say I'm all that huge a follower of teh Soccer scene but anything that allows us to sport-**** the Euros and remind the world who's-who gets a rise outta' me...

Pre church allows you to prep for real church.
It IS VERY IMPORTANT!:mad:

MOhillbilly
06-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Damn right. Christmas tamales from our house helper are something I look forward to every year. I'll freeze a couple big bags of them so I can throw them in the steamer whenever I need some love.

Dont forget the ziplock bags of bloody marys.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Dont forget the ziplock bags of bloody marys.

Oh motherfucker I just got a thirsty.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2011, 04:45 PM

Dude, I MUST have some tamales, and soon.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Dude, I MUST have some tamales, and soon.

One good thing about living in the oven, you can get you some tamales out here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2011, 05:07 PM
One good thing about living in the oven, you can get you some tamales out here.

Truth. Probably the only thing I miss about PHX.

vailpass
06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Truth. Probably the only thing I miss about PHX.

Can't blame you there. I go downtown during the day right now for a project I'm working but other than that I stay the hell out of PHX.

Easy 6
07-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Football or Death.

There are no other options.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 10:34 AM
LOL at NBA and US Soccer getting beat out by NFL pre-season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM

Rightfully so. Right as Rain it is....right as rain.

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Yes, this is clearly an unbiased sampling.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes, this is clearly an unbiased sampling.

Agreed. The percentage of soccer homos in the nation as a whole is much smaller.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Agreed. The percentage of soccer homos in the nation as a whole is much smaller.

ROFL

I sense.....Zach coming along to refute your post soon.

Possibly.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 03:28 PM
ROFL

I sense.....Zach coming along to refute your post soon.

Possibly.

He won't. If nothing else he is realistic about the state of the union.
What I'm most proud of here are those dedicated souls putting themselves in harm's way that Gaz' Tequila Rose may flow freely.

|Zach|
07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Nothing vague about it. The inability to hold the populace is the reality I referred to.

You keep the dream alive. It's always sad watching the soccer geeks see their dream of USA success going down in flames.

Kepe propping up those straw man arguments and using phrases that can't be backed up or denied.

:thumb:

Just Passin' By
07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Kepe propping up those straw man arguments and using phrases that can't be backed up or denied.

:thumb:

Given that you originally cited to it, when did attendance become a straw man? As for backed up, it's happened repeatedly in the U.S.. Soccer gets a burst from a world event. A bit of time passes and the enthusiasm goes away. I I did get a kick out of noting that you pointed to attendance being higher than at any time since '96, without acknowledging what that means about all the years between '96 and now.

SSDD

|Zach|
07-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Given that you originally cited to it, when did attendance become a straw man? As for backed up, it's happened repeatedly in the U.S.. Soccer gets a burst from a world event. A bit of time passes and the enthusiasm goes away. I I did get a kick out of noting that you pointed to attendance being higher than at any time since '96, without acknowledging what that means about all the years between '96 and now.

SSDD
You noted its jump from '09 to '10 and then I showed you the increase from '10 to '11. I think it was cute you pointed to stadium improvements as if that was some sign the numbers were a sham when all those soccer specific stadium are clear indications of an ascending league. Which is all I said the MLS is. Nothing more nothing less...

A quarter of a billion dollars has been spent on Soccer in the KC area lately...no biggie though.