PDA

View Full Version : Elections Obama beating Rick Perry in Texas

Chocolate Hog
06-29-2011, 08:42 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/06/texas-lukewarm-on-perry-bid.html

Texas
6/25 - 6/27
795 voters
+/-3.5%

Obama 47%
Perry 45%

Favorability Ratings
Bachmann 39/36 (+3)
Cain 27/33 (-6)
Romney 37/43 (-6)
Perry 43/52 (-9) (approve/disapprove of performance)
Pawlenty 22/37 (-15)
Paul 30/46 (-16)
Palin 37/55 (-18)

Do you think Rick Perry should run for president next year, or not?
He should run 33%
He should not 59%

Chocolate Hog
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
This guy is just another media creation.

Radar Chief
06-29-2011, 08:47 PM
This guy is just another media creation.

Who, Obama or Perry?

petegz28
06-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Who, Obama or Perry?

Yes.

Chocolate Hog
06-29-2011, 08:49 PM
That one.

Radar Chief
06-29-2011, 08:51 PM
ROFL Well then, agreed.

CoMoChief
06-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Perry's a bilderberg attendee.

No thanks. That group is a buncha crooks.

Perry is a goon.

HonestChieffan
06-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Perry's a bilderberg attendee.

No thanks. That group is a buncha crooks.

Perry is a goon.

So is Obama

FD
06-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Ask anyone down here in Texas, Perry wouldn't win a GOP primary in this state. The more the national audience gets to know him, the more they'll come to agree.

Chocolate Hog
06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Ask anyone down here in Texas, Perry wouldn't win a GOP primary in this state. The more the national audience gets to know him, the more they'll come to agree.

Tell me about Perry. The only Texans I know say he's an asshole but they don't give details.

FD
06-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Tell me about Perry. The only Texans I know say he's an asshole but they don't give details.

Just wait until he's on the national stage an opens his mouth, you'll get it then. I'm non-partisan myself but the hardcore Republicans I know down here are actually hoping he'll run for President just so he'd resign the governorship.

BucEyedPea
06-29-2011, 11:26 PM

I seem to see the same thing. But that poll is nearly a dead heat and too early.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Al Gores' former campaign manager should give us a hint what the ten gallon hat wearin' wannabe is all about.

BucEyedPea
06-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Al Gores' former campaign manager should give us a hint what the ten gallon hat wearin' wannabe is all about.

Did he really run Gore's campaign?

That's like Gingrich, Pawlenty, Mitt, McCain and even Christie — who believe in the green energy movement.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Did he really run Gore's campaign?

That's like Gingrich, Pawlenty, Mitt, McCain and even Christie who believe in the green energy movement.

Debra Medina claims Rick Perry was a Democrat and Al Gore's campaign manager

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2010/jan/16/debra-medina/debra-medina-claims-rick-perry-was-democrat-and-al/

BucEyedPea
06-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Debra Medina claims Rick Perry was a Democrat and Al Gore's campaign manager

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2010/jan/16/debra-medina/debra-medina-claims-rick-perry-was-democrat-and-al/

Reagan was once a Democrat as I was myself. It happens. Some pick up more conservative values from the change some don't. He may not have....and remember southern Dems were a different animal back then. Some still are. Still, not the change we're lookin' for.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Reagan was once a Democrat as I was myself. It happens. Some pick up more conservative values from the change some don't. He may not have....and remember southern Dems were a different animal back then. Some still are. Still, not the change we're lookin' for.

Well Mr. Perry also "supported" the anti-TSA legislation ready to pass almost unanimously and then backed down and wouldn't reintroduce it. He seems to be another Bush disaster in the making.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Well Mr. Perry also "supported" the anti-TSA legislation ready to pass almost unanimously and then backed down and wouldn't reintroduce it. He seems to be another Bush disaster in the making.

Oy! Not a very good sign. So many R poli's are such lying frauds.

SNR
06-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Oy! Not a very good sign. So many R poli's are such lying frauds.I think that's why Bachmann is doing so well. Republicans have sniffed her out as the only hardcore conservative in this race.

(Well, at the very least Republicans who are afraid of liberty have sniffed her out as the only true conservative in the race)

Cave Johnson
06-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Similarly, Palin is polling below Obama in Alaska.

fan4ever
06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Just wait until he's on the national stage an opens his mouth, you'll get it then. I'm non-partisan myself but the hardcore Republicans I know down here are actually hoping he'll run for President just so he'd resign the governorship.

Not that you're not correct, but that's what a lot of Californians said about Reagan.

go bowe
06-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Similarly, Palin is polling below Obama in Alaska.

hmmmmm...

looks like palin is out of the picture now that bachman is in the race...

BucEyedPea
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I think that's why Bachmann is doing so well. Republicans have sniffed her out as the only hardcore conservative in this race.

(Well, at the very least Republicans who are afraid of liberty have sniffed her out as the only true conservative in the race)

Too many Republicans want their wars continuing in the ME but to have small govt at home. They don't realize that the warfare state is the flip side of the welfare state and an empire is bankrupting us just as much. This is why many like Bachman imo and why they don't want the real Republican.

PunkinDrublic
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM

Then how come Kay Bailey Hutchinson wasn't able to defeat Perry in the GOP primaries for gov? Perrys a scumbag for sure but he's a very shrewd politician who I would not underestimate. There's a reason he's been able to hold on to the governership as long as he has.

FD
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Then how come Kay Bailey Hutchinson wasn't able to defeat Perry in the GOP primaries for gov? Perrys a scumbag for sure but he's a very shrewd politician who I would not underestimate. There's a reason he's been able to hold on to the governership as long as he has.

He beat Hutchison because she was a member of Congress out in Washington DC in a year characterized nationwide by a strong anti-Congress wave. I agree, though, that he's a shrewd politician and shouldn't be underestimated, I was just commenting on his popularity within Texas.

Predarat
06-30-2011, 01:01 PM
What a dick!

Hydrae
06-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Like him or not, he is the longest running governor in Texas history. Personally, the first time I saw him on television I looked at my wife and asked why we had a used car salesman as governor. He is a slick, smart politician and that is why he continues to win down here. Personally I can't stand the man but if he runs for President, I would not count him out too quickly.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I would not count him out too quickly.

The Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama cycle will continue, voter fraud and a public that can't find the US on a map will seal our fate.