PDA

View Full Version : Life Little sayings that piss you off

tooge
06-30-2011, 08:33 AM
The "is this a good question" thread got me thinking about stupid questions which got me thinking about the old adage "there isn't such a thing as a stupid question, only stupid people"
I hate that saying. There are plenty of stupid questions and plenty of stupid people asking them. For all you dumbasses out there, that is only something smart people tell stupid people so they don't feel bad for asking said stupid question. Nothing is worse than sitting in a meeting and having it go through lunch cuz some dumbass can't grasp a simple idea and has to ask stupid questions. What are yours?

Iowanian
06-30-2011, 08:37 AM
"Couldn't you just..."

Anything that includes that phrase is very likely a huge pain in the ass.

loochy
I really really really hate it when people preface everything with "In this economy..."!!!!!

Sofa King
"I could care less" about this thread.

redhed
06-30-2011, 08:38 AM
"I know, right?"
"Have a good one!"

loochy
06-30-2011, 08:39 AM
I could care less about this thread.

That one only gets me when they use it wrong like that!

The correct saying is "I COULDN'T care less." That means that you care so little that you could not care any less than you already do.

If you "could care less" then you might care a lot or you might care a little. Whatever that amount of caring is, it is possible that you could still care less than you do now. Therefore, saying "I could care less" adds very little meaning and often doesn't make sense.

allen_kcCard
06-30-2011, 08:40 AM
"Hello"

After I hear that, I know it is a sign that things are about to go down hill.

MIAdragon
06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
"i could care less"

KCUnited
06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
No, I completely agree.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2011, 08:43 AM
"Are you full?" or even worse "Did you get full?" after eating a meal, espeically when asked my a lard ass. The point of eating is not to pack as much crap as possible into your stomach until you get the point you get breath or have 0 energy to do anything but lay on the couch and stare at a boob tube for hours on end. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

MIAdragon
cool beans

Dr. Facebook Fever
Is it hot enough for ya? No, dumbass I'd like 120 rather than 103.

DMAC
"occupied"

Bob Dole
06-30-2011, 08:46 AM
"Hello"

After I hear that, I know it is a sign that things are about to go down hill.

Agreed.

Frazod
06-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Anything preceded by the word "Honey."

blaise
06-30-2011, 08:48 AM
"At the end of the day..."

Deberg_1990
06-30-2011, 08:48 AM
"You know what im sayin?"

No, i dont know what you are saying....

Deberg_1990
06-30-2011, 08:49 AM
"Im just sayin....."

blaise
06-30-2011, 08:49 AM
"Haters" or "You're just hating"

Lebron fans say this a lot.

Sofa King
06-30-2011, 08:56 AM
You should....

Don't tell me what i should do bitch, i'll fucking kill you!

RubberSponge
To be honest

Badass

Generally speaking

What would Jesus do

DMAC
"...or something."

KcFanInGA
06-30-2011, 08:59 AM
It's not a phrase, but my boss does this annoying thing where I will say something and someone will laugh, and he will keep saying the word or phrase over and over again, laughing at it every time. At this point, no one else is talking, and it just gets way too hard to give him a fake courtesy chuckle.

HotRoute
06-30-2011, 09:00 AM
"Don't get your panties in a bunch"

Radar Chief
06-30-2011, 09:03 AM
"Couldn't you just..."

Anything that includes that phrase is very likely a huge pain in the ass.

Ugh, and it’s typically asked by someone with no actual clue as to what it takes to make “just (whatever they want)” happen.

AndChiefs
06-30-2011, 09:06 AM
"Now, more than ever."

Ever since the recession started it seems like this phrase is on about half of TV advertisements. You're right, now that unemployment is high and I don't really have money I really need whatever it is you're selling more than I did before.

mlyonsd
06-30-2011, 09:08 AM
"Sir, would you please step out of the car."

SNR
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
"Epic"

"Fail"

"Epic fail"

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

ClearmontChief
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
"It is what it is"

Gonzo
06-30-2011, 09:15 AM
"The thing is"

I fucking hate that. It's a verbal crutch that drives me insane. One of my co-workers says it all the time, as does my father.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rooster
06-30-2011, 09:17 AM
"Comparing apples to apples"

"Gunslinger" (Brett Favre)

"How are we coming along on this project?" WE? It WE were working on the project then you would know.

Radar Chief
06-30-2011, 09:45 AM
“Well, what you ought to do…..”
Its amazing how many mechanical experts there are out there when it comes to someone else’s rig.

When the English came to stay with us they pointed out how over used the word “awesome” is around here. And they’re right.

MOhillbilly
my dog can whip your dog

tooge
"you are blessed"
"god bless you"
I go to church some. I believe in a higher power. If you are saying this to me at any other time than I just sneezed or saved your life, you are creeping me out.

loochy
my dog can whip your dog

? people say that?

Pestilence
06-30-2011, 09:46 AM
This isn't a saying....but it pisses me off anyways.

If you're walking down the hallway and someone is coming towards you....and they ask you how you're doing. So you say you're doing good....and you ask how they're doing.....and they don't say anything and just keep on going.

I ASKED YOU A QUESTION MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

loochy
"you are blessed"
"god bless you"
I go to church some. I believe in a higher power. If you are saying this to me at any other time than I just sneezed or saved your life, you are creeping me out.

This reminds me...I HATE when people say "bless you" after you sneeze. They do it after every single sneeze too. Then they get all offended if you dont say thank you. :spock:

Pestilence
"you are blessed"
"god bless you"

I get "You are blessed" all of the time because I have twins.

I always respond with a laugh and a "yeah...right".

tooge
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
thats like when you ask "what ya been up to?"
and they say "good". What, are you fuckin deaf?

Sofa King
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM

If you're walking down the hallway and someone is coming towards you....and they ask you how you're doing. So you say you're doing good....and you ask how they're doing.....and they don't say anything and just keep on going.

I ASKED YOU A QUESTION MOTHER****ER!!!!!

Me: Hey, what's up!

Mr. Busy: Good! *keeps walking*

Me: :spock:

Pestilence
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
thats like when you ask "what ya been up to?"
and they say "good". What, are you fuckin deaf?

I do that all of the time to see if people are really paying attention.

"How are you doing?"

"Nothing."

MOhillbilly
06-30-2011, 09:50 AM
? people say that?

Seen a goon buddy smash a CHS for sayin it.

Radar Chief
06-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Ever give them a stupid look and say, “I do not think that word means what you think it means”?

tooge
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
"I could be wrong but..."
No, not could be, you ARE wrong. You ARE wrong, and I AM right, so if you aren't sure if you are right or wrong, then either find out the right answer, or shut the fuck up.

Rain Man
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
"Pissed off".

What does that mean? Does it mean that you're so mad that you spontaneously urinate? What is the origin of this phrase? There is no logic to it at all, and it's rather crass. (Sorry, tooge.)

Detoxing
06-30-2011, 09:52 AM
cool beans

"The thing is"

I hate them both. Especially "Cool Beans"

WTF??? Cool Beans??? Cool BEANS??? WTF??? Cool Beans?? :facepalm:

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-30-2011, 09:52 AM
I hate it when dentists say "this will only hurt a little".

Pestilence
06-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Ever give them a stupid look and say, “I do not think that word means what you think it means”?

No....but I usually say that if I was choosing a word....it wouldn't be blessed.

And if they're really close friends or family....I'll tell them that I think they meant fucked....not blessed.

Sofa King
"No"

That pisses me off. I spend all that money shoving drinks down that bitches throat and she says NO???? To hell with that, i'm getting mine whether she likes it or not!

tooge
I hate them both. Especially "Cool Beans"

WTF??? Cool Beans??? Cool BEANS??? WTF??? Cool Beans?? :facepalm:

yeah, what the hell is good about cool beans? It would make more sense if it said "hot beans"

Pestilence
06-30-2011, 09:55 AM
It annoys me when someone says "Fuckin A".

But it annoys me even more that some douchebag always has to come back with "Fuck a B....it's got two holes."

What are we.....12?

Radar Chief
06-30-2011, 09:58 AM
No....but I usually say that if I was choosing a word....it wouldn't be blessed.

And if they're really close friends or family....I'll tell them that I think they meant ****ed....not blessed.

LMAO Jujitsu Instructor buddy has twin girls, we flip him the “blessed” crap all the time.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2011, 09:58 AM
I hate it when dentists say "this will only hurt a little".

I like. "Now this is going to hurt me more then it is you".

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 10:02 AM
If anyone refers to anything that is "selling like hotcakes." You know what sells? Beer. At least say "selling like beer."

JD10367
06-30-2011, 10:09 AM
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." What the fuck does that mean? Why are two in the bush worth more? Is this some sort of sex reference to fingerbanging vs. humping? Is this a "shocker" thing? I don't get it. I mean, even if you take it literally, and you're hunting birds to eat them or stuff them as trophies, why the fuck would two you DON'T have in the bush be worth more than the one you grabbed? If you're hungry, you don't give a shit about the two in the bush. :shrug:

Renegade
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM

I hate "Bless his little heart"

loochy
06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." What the fuck does that mean? Why are two in the bush worth more? Is this some sort of sex reference to fingerbanging vs. humping? Is this a "shocker" thing? I don't get it. I mean, even if you take it literally, and you're hunting birds to eat them or stuff them as trophies, why the fuck would two you DON'T have in the bush be worth more than the one you grabbed? If you're hungry, you don't give a shit about the two in the bush. :shrug:

It means that capturing a bird is difficult. If you actually catch one it is of equal or more value than having two that you may potentially catch, but probably won't. It pretty much means go with the sure thing and don't always expect that you will come out ahead when you take risks.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." What the **** does that mean? Why are two in the bush worth more? Is this some sort of sex reference to fingerbanging vs. humping? Is this a "shocker" thing? I don't get it. I mean, even if you take it literally, and you're hunting birds to eat them or stuff them as trophies, why the **** would two you DON'T have in the bush be worth more than the one you grabbed? If you're hungry, you don't give a shit about the two in the bush. :shrug:

WTF?

tooge
06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
I have patients that come in and the first thing they say to me after I introduce myself and shake their hand is "I just gotta tell ya, I hate dentists."
Really, well I hate whiney assed patients, and if you had taken care of your teeth and not drank 6 mountain dews a day for the last ten years, you would probably enjoy having your teeth polished.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Man's man. Being a ladies man seems better.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
TOUCHDOWN RRRRAAAAAAIIIIDDDEEEERRRRRSSSSSS!

Deberg_1990
06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
"She told me she was 18!"

Sofa King
06-30-2011, 10:23 AM

No shit.

This is the winner here... They score what, 15 TD's a year? with 10 of those coming against the broncos.

The entire Raiders image is very outdated.

johnny961
06-30-2011, 10:25 AM
"Sir, would you please step out of the car."

Yep. When you hear this phrase you're pretty much ****ed.

JD10367
06-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I have patients that come in and the first thing they say to me after I introduce myself and shake their hand is "I just gotta tell ya, I hate dentists."
Really, well I hate whiney assed patients, and if you had taken care of your teeth and not drank 6 mountain dews a day for the last ten years, you would probably enjoy having your teeth polished.

So you're the Greg House of dentistry?

BTW, you're in a profession where customers have to sit in an uncomfortable chair and endure excruciating pain by having needles shoved into their jaw and drills plunged into their bone structure and sharp picks scraped in their mouths causing them to bleed profusely, and in return for that torture they have to PAY you hundreds if not thousands of dollars. You expect people to be happy to see you? You're in the wrong line of work. :D

vailpass
06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Said as though it is the most clever and sage phrase ever conceived by mortal man.

loochy
06-30-2011, 10:29 AM

BTW, you're in a profession where customers have to sit in an uncomfortable chair and endure excruciating pain by having needles shoved into their jaw and drills plunged into their bone structure and sharp picks scraped in their mouths causing them to bleed profusely, and in return for that torture they have to PAY you hundreds if not thousands of dollars. You expect people to be happy to see you? You're in the wrong line of work. :D

I actually like going to the dentist. I get clean teeth, if there are problems they get fixed, my insurance covers almost everything, she is really nice and pleasant, and the hygienists are usually hot.

Sofa King
06-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Any sentence containing the Chiefs and Matt Light.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Those damn White Sox announcers

Put it on the booooooaaaaaaarddddd, YES!

Bump
06-30-2011, 10:37 AM
While you are clearly in the act of doing something "you got that?"

While you are in the middle of something at work, some bosses come up to you and tell you to do exactly what it is you are doing, but they only do it while they are in front of their boss. They just want to show their boss how good of a boss they are and it pisses me off.

When you call a chain restaurant for a pickup or delivery, it's always some annoying 1 minute phone greeting "Thank you for calling pizza hut, home of the best pizza ever where you can order a pizza or wings, or pasta, or salad and we'll do everything awesome, my name is Phil, what is it that I may assist you with?"

HonestChieffan
06-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Can we dialog on this?

tooge
06-30-2011, 10:46 AM

dont want to hijack my own thread, but for arguments sake, I don't like having to have my AC fixed, or get new tires, or give blood for a physical. But out of simple human decency, I would never go to a place of business and tell the person there that I hate their kind, ie. I just want you to know I hate tire salesmen. Really?

Warrior5
06-30-2011, 10:50 AM
"The fact of the matter is..."

JD10367
06-30-2011, 10:55 AM
dont want to hijack my own thread, but for arguments sake, I don't like having to have my AC fixed, or get new tires, or give blood for a physical. But out of simple human decency, I would never go to a place of business and tell the person there that I hate their kind, ie. I just want you to know I hate tire salesmen. Really?

Well, if you're a dentist, you should understand that the reason most people say "I hate dentists" is because a lot of them seem to suck at what they do, enjoy causing pain, and overcharge. So you should probably say something like, "Well, hopefully I can change your mind," and endeavor to give them a pleasant experience that will both encourage them to improve their dental hygiene while simultaneously proving you're good at your work as well as securing a continuing customer for the foreseeable future. Instead, you choose to think of them as assholes. Admit it, you go a little light on the Novocaine in retribution, don't you? :D

JD10367
06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
How about "piss you off", since it's in the thread title? What does that mean? Have you ever been so angry that you pissed? Does it mean you're being pissed on which angers you? Why "piss you off"?

tooge
06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Actually, "most" people don't say they hate dentists. In fact, its completely the opposite. It is the shitty mouthed minority that says it. They say it because they have neglected their mouths for years, so the cost is more, the time is more, and yes, the discomfort may be more. I do exactly what you said and I try to change their perception. Most of my patients tell me that they didn't even feel the shot and the procedure was a breeze. I do whatever I can to make it that way. I was simply saying that a better way to phrase your dislike for dental procedures might be to say " i'm not real fond of having my teeth worked on" rather than "I hate dentists". We'll see how much you hate them on a saturday when you fall and break your front tooth off at the gumline.

JD10367
06-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Actually, "most" people don't say they hate dentists. In fact, its completely the opposite. It is the shitty mouthed minority that says it. They say it because they have neglected their mouths for years, so the cost is more, the time is more, and yes, the discomfort may be more. I do exactly what you said and I try to change their perception. Most of my patients tell me that they didn't even feel the shot and the procedure was a breeze. I do whatever I can to make it that way. I was simply saying that a better way to phrase your dislike for dental procedures might be to say " i'm not real fond of having my teeth worked on" rather than "I hate dentists". We'll see how much you hate them on a saturday when you fall and break your front tooth off at the gumline.

I guess most of them should say, "I hate going to the dentist," not "I hate dentists".

Back around 1990, I was working a community haunted house as part of the group that painted scenes, put masks on to scare the kids, etc.,. I was working the back door with some of the members of the Chamber of Commerce. We were shooting the breeze and somehow the talk turned to dentistry. I said, "I haven't been in years because my last dentist sucked and seemed to enjoy inflicting pain." One of the guys said, "Really? Do you know what I do for a living?" I said, "No." He said, "I'm a dentist... and you're coming to see me next week." The first visit, I said, "I hate needles, so let me know when you're going to put in the Novocaine." He said, "I already did." I've been going to the same guy ever since.

Bugeater
06-30-2011, 11:06 AM
"It is what it is"
I'm guilty of that one, but it is what it is.

JD10367
06-30-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm guilty of that one, but it is what it is.

Dude. Stop saying that out loud. Every time you do, Bill Belichick gets monetary compensation AND a piece of your soul. It's like saying Lord Voldemort's name.

Bugeater
06-30-2011, 11:08 AM
"Think outside the box" That's something someone says when they're asking you do to something impossible.

"You go girl" or "you go boy" both make me want to club baby seals.

tooge
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
fuck me runnin
Huh? that supposed to be good for me, you, anyone?

sd4chiefs
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
'If they can put a man on the moon then why', bla bla bla...

I wish we had never gone to the moon because it set the bar to high when we try to do anything else.

Okie_Apparition
06-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Politician: "The American people..."

Listen here, you slimmy thieving whore. You have no fucking clue what the American people want. Nor do you care. You didn't ask me or anyone I know, or anyone I would ever chance to meet. Just say, "The American dollars that was thrust into my war chest says I..."

FUCK YOU

frankotank
06-30-2011, 11:47 AM
"it ain't fucking rocket science."

as if the person saying it is smarter than every body else.....

mikey23545
06-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Whatever!

mikey23545
06-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Talk to the hand!

PunkinDrublic
06-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Don't you think you're a little old to be dating an 18 year old?

Radar Chief
06-30-2011, 12:12 PM
How about "piss you off", since it's in the thread title? What does that mean? Have you ever been so angry that you pissed? Does it mean you're being pissed on which angers you? Why "piss you off"?

Funny that in most of Europe “pissed” means drunk, which actually makes more sense than meaning angry. But whatever, it is what it is.

Rausch
06-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Whatever!

A very close relative would be the wife spoken "I don't care."

"Really? Good then. Enjoy the fucking breadsticks and music while I order a real meal..."

Bump
06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
"So with that being said....."

"Thanks partner" I'm not your fucking gay partner you stupid hick

"It's always in the last place you look" NO SHIT, who keeps looking after you found it?

black sports announcers who say "he's athaletic"

"Everything happens for a reason"

"Good things come to those who wait" worst advice ever

Rausch
06-30-2011, 12:19 PM
"It's always in the last place you look" NO SHIT, who keeps looking after you found it?

Good one. Very similar would be the "do you remember where you last had it?"

No, you fucking dolt, if I did it wouldn't be lost, now would it!?!:cuss:

AirForceChief
06-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Any retort or response prefaced by, "With all due respect..."

You and I both know if its gotten to that point, there is no respect due, so drop the pretense and bring it you whining douche.

Rausch
06-30-2011, 12:20 PM

You and I both know if its gotten to that point, there is no respect due, so drop the pretense and bring it you whining douche.

LMAO

Predarat
06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
"With all due respect"

All that means is someone is about to disrespect you. Just say it, if it offends me it offends me, i'll get over it.

Rausch
06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
"Everything happens for a reason"

Everything does happen for a reason.

The reason tends to be stupidity or bad luck...

Predarat
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM

"With all due respect"

All that means is someone is about to disrespect you. Just say it, if it offends me it offends me, i'll get over it.

With all due respect, it looks like I am too slow today lol

Frazod
06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
A customer service rep saying "I'm sorry, sir." This translates into non-bullshit English as "fuck you."

Boiled Chicken
06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
It's not a big deal.

Well, if its not a big deal, why are you bothering me about it.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Somehow, I think the act of torquing off the guy getting ready to put you under anethesia and start pulling teeth should be considered <b>a bad idea</b>. :doh!:

Stewie
06-30-2011, 12:36 PM
It's not a saying, but the word "synergy" drives me up the wall. It was popular 10 years ago, but I still hear it and it makes my blood boil. It's almost always said by some dickhead or **** that thinks they have everything figured out.

Sofa King
06-30-2011, 12:40 PM
"Hi. My name is Bugeater"

That just pisses me off. Makes me wanna club baby seals.

Dartgod
06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
"Cowboy up" makes me want to punch a baby.

Tom_A_Hawk
06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
something my wife says......" I have a news flash for you!"

Rausch
06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
"Cowboy up" makes me want to punch a baby.

Indeed...

Marcellus
06-30-2011, 01:05 PM
It is what it is.........

Rausch
06-30-2011, 01:06 PM
It is what it is.........

I'm actually fond of that one.

sd4chiefs
06-30-2011, 01:08 PM
"God works in mysterious ways"

When someone says this I have to bite my lip because I want to respond with "That's because there is no God"

MOhillbilly
06-30-2011, 01:22 PM
all time saying that used to piss me off.

-last time i had it i put it up-

-if it was a snake it woulda bit ya-

-climb on. dont bite off more than you can chew.-

-I have a bone to pick w/ you-

-you are gonna be lookin up at the sky wonderin how you got that way-

-i will slap knots on your head and slap em flat-

-if you cant work and talk at the same time, shut the fuck up-

Rausch
06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
-if you can't work and talk at the same time, shut the **** up-

I like that one...:evil:

Mr_Tomahawk
"I know, right?"

warpaint*
"Just sayin'"

First you have the redundancy. Plus it's carte blanche for someone to let whatever they want fly out of their mouth and tack on a "just sayin'" at the end to make it all right regardless as to how offensive, ridiculous, or stupid the statement made is to begin w/.

Whereas I feel it's carte blanche to punch said someone in the face whenever that obnoxious little phrase is uttered.

ChiefGator
06-30-2011, 01:33 PM
"Literally"

I am now guilty of using it when it should be most obvious that it is, in fact, NOT literal. Like, "My jaw literally hit the pavement when I saw her." Someone told me he was "literally moving his documents between two computers" recently. LITERALLY?

"Quantum Leap"

I refuse to accept a quantum leap as anything more than a subatomic change in location.

Rausch
06-30-2011, 01:35 PM
I refuse to accept a quantum leap as anything more than a subatomic change in location.

I know, right?...

Wyatt Earp
06-30-2011, 01:38 PM
"Fuck my life" "FML". Just shut the fuck up! If you think your life is that bad I'll lend you my shotgun and you can kindly go in the back and kill yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
06-30-2011, 01:40 PM
If you think your life is that bad I'll lend you my shotgun and you can kindly go in the back and kill yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can think of 5 reasons right now why that may be a %#itty idea...

Predarat
06-30-2011, 01:45 PM
"Fuck my life" "FML". Just shut the fuck up! If you think your life is that bad I'll lend you my shotgun and you can kindly go in the back and kill yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Awesome, epic, Indeed.

kcmaxwell
06-30-2011, 01:53 PM
"Let me put it this way..." Irritates the hell out of me for some reason.

Rausch
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
"Let me put it this way..." Irritates the hell out of me for some reason.

"I'll tell you what..."

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-30-2011, 01:57 PM
"No offense" preceding something offensive.

SDChiefs
06-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Same difference.

HotRoute
06-30-2011, 01:59 PM
"so dumb they couldn't pour piss out of a boot"

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm so tired of hearing "Wow, you are hung like a horse" - ANNOYING!

Rooster
06-30-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm so tired of hearing "Wow, you are hung like a horse" - ANNOYING!

ROFLROFL Amen brother..

Sofa King
06-30-2011, 02:04 PM
"Moreno is the most complete back in the NFL" /knowmo

Wyatt Earp
06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
"Let me be clear"
Posted via Mobile Device

Inspector
06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Ouch, that hurts when you put it there. Stop. Did you hear me? I said STOP! What is wrong with....Oh well, never mind now.

I hate it when I hear that.

RNR
06-30-2011, 02:15 PM
"I could have told you that"

Frazod
06-30-2011, 02:15 PM
People who survive horrific accidents, disasters, etc. and then say they were lucky.

Lucky is finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. Lucky is making a two rail bank shot to sink the eight ball. Lucky is a good night at the casino.

Lucky is NOT getting all your shit blown away by a giant tornado that just happened not to kill you. That would be UNLUCKY. If it happens to the guy across the street and not you, however, then that is lucky.

Radar Chief
06-30-2011, 02:20 PM
People who survive horrific accidents, disasters, etc. and then say they were lucky.

Lucky is finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. Lucky is making a two rail bank shot to sink the eight ball. Lucky is a good night at the casino.

Lucky is NOT getting all your shit blown away by a giant tornado that just happened not to kill you. That would be UNLUCKY. If it happens to the guy across the street and not you, however, then that is lucky.

Yea, June ’95 I was laying in a hospital bed with over 60 stitches in my face, eye swollen shut, road rash over 30% of my body and all the medical staff were telling me how “lucky” I was. I began thinking they did it just to screw with patients.

Wyatt Earp
06-30-2011, 02:23 PM
"No habla ingles"
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
06-30-2011, 02:24 PM

This.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-30-2011, 02:29 PM
The great George Carlin on the subject
NSFW language

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hHhYLJMi7CE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hydrae
06-30-2011, 02:33 PM

I ASKED YOU A QUESTION MOTHER****ER!!!!!

We have a talk show host in the afternoon here who will respond to people saying that by asking if they care. I think it is hilarious when they respond that of course they care and then go on to what they called for without giving him a chance to reply. Sure, they really care! ROFL

Hydrae
06-30-2011, 02:35 PM
"you are blessed"
"god bless you"

My son is dating a girl who was raised in a wiccan household. She gives me a weird look anytime I say "bless you" when someone sneezes. To me it is a natural response and I don't even think about it. But it is not in her vocabulary.

tooge
06-30-2011, 02:38 PM
My son is dating a girl who was raised in a wiccan household. She gives me a weird look anytime I say "bless you" when someone sneezes. To me it is a natural response and I don't even think about it. But it is not in her vocabulary.

next time she sneezes, you need to say "you are possessed"

Rausch
06-30-2011, 02:40 PM
next time she sneezes, you need to say "you are possessed"

Unless you're trying to **** Bridget Fonda.

She prefers "bless you."

*EDIT*

Context....

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1U-bVoU3rZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pestilence
06-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Next time she sneezes......say "Hail Satan".

tooge
06-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Next time she sneezes......say "Hail Satan".

or just say "you are fuckin nuts"

Rooster
06-30-2011, 02:46 PM
"No habla ingles"
Posted via Mobile Device

I bet you get a lot of that in Dodge.

KurtCobain
06-30-2011, 02:47 PM
You say, "DID YOU JUST FUCKING SNEEZE?!?!"

CanadianChief
06-30-2011, 02:55 PM
It's not the heat it's the humidity.

Wyatt Earp
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes and it's usually after I've heard the person speaking fluent English just a minute before. I bet you get a lot of that in Dodge.
Posted via Mobile Device

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Is it hot enough for ya? No, dumbass I'd like 120 rather than 103.

This...if somebody says that to me today, they're getting punched in the throat.

110 degree heat index FTW

loochy
06-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Buck Foston

CanadianChief
06-30-2011, 03:07 PM
"I'm not down with ATM."

...always a downer.

Just Passin' By
06-30-2011, 03:08 PM
This thread can only lead to trouble. Y'all have a nice day.

JD10367
06-30-2011, 04:34 PM

IIRC that habit stems back to the time of the Black Plague or something, as a sneeze was often the first sign of the illness, so people said "God bless you" as a way of saying "we hope you don't have the plague and are going to die". It's kind of a stupid habit people do (saying "bless you" when people sneeze). I mean, does someone say "bless you" when you burp or fart?

PunkinDrublic
06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
It's 2011 and I still hear people saying "git er done"

PunkinDrublic
06-30-2011, 04:50 PM
You live in Texas, why aren't you a cowboys fan?

HolyHandgernade
06-30-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't like it when people in the service industry refer to you like they are in your employ:

"What can I get you, Chief?"

Whatever you like, Boss."

BCD
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Stop using the non-word Welp.:mad:

JD10367
06-30-2011, 05:02 PM
"Hey, mister! That's not a pet snake!"

Backwards Masking
06-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Practically any saying that comes out of a pompous bosses mouth. I could go on forever, but the first few that pop into my head...

Chop Chop. (oh yeah? Go f**k yourself)

In House. Gotta come in this Saturday, too much work in house. Can't let you have the day off, too much work in house. Need volunteers to stay late, lots of work in house.

Hit the ground running. (why, so we can fall on asses and sue?)

I'm sure I'll post more when they come to me.

Backwards Masking
06-30-2011, 05:28 PM
John Elways the greatest quaterback to ever play the game.

Really? Is that why the rat had to draft Terrell Davis, have the offense run more than pass and turn Horseface into the Number Two option before they ever won the Big One? Nevermind criscoing up the D Line and cheating the salary cap.

ThaVirus
06-30-2011, 05:41 PM
The old "I didn't want to hurt you", normally said by trifling ass females.

PunkinDrublic
06-30-2011, 05:53 PM
"Sir, you can't touch the dancers like that." I thought we lived in America not nazi Germany.

Psyko Tek
06-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Basically

Crush
06-30-2011, 05:58 PM
"No habla ingles"
Posted via Mobile Device

Que?

Crush
06-30-2011, 05:59 PM
"Oh no, you didn't!"

WV
06-30-2011, 06:25 PM
And all that goes with it....

I hear ya there

Crush
06-30-2011, 06:27 PM
"Slower than dog shit." I was not aware that dog shit even had the capability to move on its own.

KurtCobain
06-30-2011, 07:01 PM
John Elways the greatest quaterback to ever play the game.

Really? Is that why the rat had to draft Terrell Davis, have the offense run more than pass and turn Horseface into the Number Two option before they ever won the Big One? Nevermind criscoing up the D Line and cheating the salary cap.

This x1000.

ElGringo
06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Surprised not to hear the famous word of a fool

"Flustrated"

Backwards Masking
06-30-2011, 07:33 PM
"Sir, you can't touch the dancers like that." I thought we lived in America not nazi Germany.

ROFL

Holy sh*t that's funny!

Flachief58
06-30-2011, 07:38 PM
supposably and "hot water heater" If the water were hot, there would be no reason to have a heater

ChiefsNow
06-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Can i ax you something?

ChiefsNow
06-30-2011, 09:16 PM
what the fuck , over

ChiefsNow
06-30-2011, 09:17 PM
my baby momma , or my baby daddy

ChiefsNow
06-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Have you got an "extra" cigarette? especially when you are standing at the door of a fucking store .

Frazod
06-30-2011, 09:21 PM

Good call. Annoying and retarded.

Just Passin' By
06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm pregnant, you're the father, and I have to tell my husband.

Backwards Masking
06-30-2011, 09:29 PM

how else should they be referred to? if they're not ex husbands, wives or course. Babies Mommas and Babies Daddies comes off disrespecful, but until someone comes up with something better, this is the most practical way to refer to them.

Frazod
06-30-2011, 09:39 PM
how else should they be referred to? if they're not ex husbands, wives or course. Babies Mommas and Babies Daddies comes off disrespecful, but until someone comes up with something better, this is the most practical way to refer to them.

How about bastard's sperm donor?

Backwards Masking
06-30-2011, 09:48 PM
How about bastard's sperm donor?

ROFL Thanks for proving my point!

Guru
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
REPOST

No really. This thread is a repost.

Oh, and REPOST. :)

Hog Rider
06-30-2011, 10:59 PM
cool beans

I'm sorry for the interruption, but I thought only my wife said that.

Cool Beeeeeeaaaanzz

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

Mr. Kansasski
07-01-2011, 07:42 AM
"Thank you sweetie" or "Thank you darlin'" by any gravely voiced over the hill female.

ReynardMuldrake
07-01-2011, 07:46 AM
"Thank you sweetie" or "Thank you darlin'" by any gravely voiced over the hill female.

Yeah, I hate it when people are all polite and shit.

ChiefsNow
07-01-2011, 09:02 AM
A wave came over me. Would that be sex with an inanimate object??

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2011, 09:22 AM
"heart of hearts"

I hear that phrase and then suddenly seppukku seems like a good life choice.

gblowfish
07-01-2011, 10:48 AM
"We need to be pro-active and aggressive...."

Pestilence
07-01-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't know if this is just a California thing.....but I hate the words hella or hecka.

Hydrae
07-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I have always been amused by the saying, "I'm going to take a piss." Where are you taking it? Personally, I leave my piss behind.

Backwards Masking
07-01-2011, 11:49 AM
"We need to be pro-active and aggressive...."

Totally

Until you make a superior look bad with a good idea they should have come up ages ago or screw something up. Then it goes back to "we need to partner together as a team and concentrate on our common goal, and take out time not to make mistakes." This lasts for about 5 seconds until the company's slammed with orders and switches back to your OP, back and forth, over and over ad nauseum.

LOCOChief
07-01-2011, 12:30 PM
turn around bend over and spread em.

Over-Head
07-01-2011, 12:48 PM
"I know how you feel"

No you dont! You may relate to it, but you have NO ****ing clue as to how I feel emotionally or physically over a situation or comment.

Ranks right up there with "The way I see it"...really?? gimme a knife to carve your eyes out, and let me look through em

or "let's put it this way"

petegz28
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
As my signature states...

"Irregardless"

"A whole nother"

"All of a sudden"

Might as well toss in "reverse racism"

Omaha
07-01-2011, 01:05 PM
"I could care less" about this thread.

FUCK!!!!!! That makes me want to kill people.

Omaha
07-01-2011, 01:15 PM
"The thing is"

I ****ing hate that. It's a verbal crutch that drives me insane. One of my co-workers says it all the time, as does my father.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll see your "The thing is" and raise you.

One of the idiots around here always says "The thing is, is..." It's just awful.

Backwards Masking
07-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Knock on wood, i'd rather knock thier head in