PDA

View Full Version : Misc The best things about summer....

mlyonsd
06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm not a major summer fan, don't like the heat, but I recognize every season has it's benefits.

Right now the lightning bugs are in steroid mode here. I live on top of a hill and in every direction you can see 100 or more lighting up at the same time. Always happens around the 4th here, best part of the summer.

Long weekend, fireworks every night.

Bugeater
06-30-2011, 09:09 PM
The only good thing about summer is it's not winter.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-30-2011, 09:11 PM
No 12 inches of snow is cool, but the 100+ heat index sucks ass

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:11 PM
baseball every day

air conditioning

my daughters out of school so we generally get to hang out more

girls wear less

beer tastes better... as do pretty much all cold drinks

easier to travel than winter

cool rains

newly cut grass

grilling is easier and more enjoyable than cold months

BigMeatballDave
06-30-2011, 09:12 PM
The only good thing about summer is it's not winter.

This x infinity

mikey23545
06-30-2011, 09:20 PM
The only good thing about summer is its ending.

threebag02
06-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Women with tan lines

MIAdragon
06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Women with tan lines

Or without

threebag02
06-30-2011, 09:25 PM
I get to break out my Speedo. /red 5

KurtCobain
06-30-2011, 09:31 PM
They call me the summer guadolim.

DTLB58
06-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Short shorts :D

WV
06-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Bikinis.....

Discuss Thrower
06-30-2011, 09:42 PM
More excuses to booze

mlyonsd
06-30-2011, 09:43 PM
My daughter live in Florida and we were down there a couple weeks ago. 96, you had to have gills to live outside. Everywhere we drove there were no people outside at all. It was like Invasion of the Body Snatchers....nobody was ever outside.

Up here today we had temps/humidity that rivaled FL. It sucks. I have to imagine the winter up here is like the summer down there. On a brighter note....the equinox has happened and fall is just around the corner!

Guru
06-30-2011, 09:44 PM
nothing really but I am a winter guy anyway.

If I had to put the seasons in order of preference it would be this

Winter
Fall
Spring

Summer

Fish
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
I love summer. I love everything that comes with summer: I love the heat. I love the 13 hours of sunlight. Being outdoors all the time. Golf. Camping. Fishing. Baseball. Lakes and rivers. Outdoor BBQ. Perspirating bottles of beer. Cruising with the windows down. Lemonade. Miniskirts and bikinis. Fireflies. Racing on old highways. Motorcycles. Sweat bands. Sunburns. Vodka Watermelon. The smell of wheat harvest. Fresh cut grass. Fireworks. Sandals. Mojitos. Squirt guns. Ice cream sandwiches.

Summertime is the best time. Fuck winter.

Guru
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
My daughter live in Florida and we were down there a couple weeks ago. 96, you had to have gills to live outside. Everywhere we drove there were no people outside at all. It was like Invasion of the Body Snatchers....nobody was ever outside.

Up here today we had temps/humidity that rivaled FL. It sucks. I have to imagine the winter up here is like the summer down there. On a brighter note....the equinox has happened and fall is just around the corner!
to be honest, I find Florida heat easier to deal with than Kansas heat. Not sure why but that is the way it is for me.

RJ
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
I hate winter. I love summer.

Golf, grilling, baseball, no school, family trips, the pool, fresh fruitsand vegetables - especially cold watermelon......yeah, I'm down with summertime.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
to be honest, I find Florida heat easier to deal with than Kansas heat. Not sure why but that is the way it is for me.

That fact that its Florida makes it instantly more tolerable and I'm from Kansas.

Guru
06-30-2011, 09:52 PM
That fact that its Florida makes it instantly more tolerable and I'm from Kansas.

You know, that may just be it. LMAO

MIAdragon
06-30-2011, 09:58 PM

Its not that bad, but I kinda like the heat. It's the gd mosquitos I can't stand.

JD10367
07-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Summer's definitely my least favorite of the four seasons, but here in New England it's not that bad. July, August, and September you can definitely get 90 degree days and high humidity but being near the ocean makes it tolerable.

I definitely like summer for all the things mentioned here (especially the scantily-clad females) but the one thing about summer I do love most of all are the long days. This far north, at this time of year the sun sets around 8:30pm. Sure beats the winter, where it's dark by 4:30pm; it sucks going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

JD10367
07-01-2011, 05:30 AM

Well, if you don't live there, it's because you're on vacation. Anything is more tolerable on vacation. I like to say, "I'd rather get rained on in Disney World than have the sun shine on me as I drive to work." But when you live in Florida it's fucking unbearable. I only spent two years in Tampa and that was enough.

ILChief
07-01-2011, 05:42 AM
I remember when we used to have spring and fall. now they seem to last about 2 weeks and we go straight from freezing to burning up.

Easy 6
07-01-2011, 08:52 AM
1) Spending an entire day in the hot sun fishing or swimming, then coming home to the glorious air conditioning... worn out & loving it.
2)Women in skimpy clothes.
3)Suntans
4)Sitting on your porch at night drinking a beer, watching the fireflies & looking at the stars.
5)Camping
6)Its not dark when you get off work.
7)Women in skimpy clothes.
8)Opening your home windows on breezy days, saving $.
9)Vacation
10) Women in skimpy clothes.

Rain Man
07-01-2011, 09:25 AM
All that, plus women in skimpy clothes.

Detoxing
07-01-2011, 09:38 AM
1) Spending an entire day in the hot sun fishing or swimming, then coming home to the glorious air conditioning... worn out & loving it.
2)Women in skimpy clothes.
3)Suntans
4)Sitting on your porch at night drinking a beer, watching the fireflies & looking at the stars.
5)Camping
6)Its not dark when you get off work.
7)Women in skimpy clothes.
8)Opening your home windows on breezy days, saving $.
9)Vacation
10) Women in skimpy clothes.

All of this and I would like to add:

Women in Skimpy Clothes
Taking the tops off my car
Long scenic cruises up the coast line
An Ice Cold Corona and Lime on the beach
The smell of sun tan lotion
Perfecting my nearly perfect bronze skin.
BonFires

Rain Man
07-01-2011, 09:43 AM
All of this and I would like to add:

Women in Skimpy Clothes
Taking the tops off my car
Long scenic cruises up the coast line
An Ice Cold Corona and Lime on the beach
The smell of sun tan lotion
Perfecting my nearly perfect bronze skin.
BonFires

Or with a little rearranging...

Taking the tops off Women
Long scenic cruises up the beach
My nearly perfect bronze skin in Skimpy Clothes
Perfecting BonFires in my car
The smell of coast line
An Ice Cold Corona and Lime sun tan lotion

mlyonsd
07-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Or with a little rearranging...

Taking the tops off Women
Long scenic cruises up the beach
My nearly perfect bronze skin in Skimpy Clothes
Perfecting BonFires in my car
The smell of coast line
An Ice Cold Corona and Lime sun tan lotion

It would appear you are well on your way in celebrating Canada Day. :toast:

Predarat
07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Gals in skimpy clothes, grilling out, swimming and water parks.

WV
07-01-2011, 10:05 AM
NSFW............

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2009/05/yellow-bikini-beach.gif

JD10367
07-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I remember when we used to have spring and fall. now they seem to last about 2 weeks and we go straight from freezing to burning up.

Same thing here in New England, especially spring. Autumn is ending earlier but October and most of November are still the best time of the year up here.

boogblaster
07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
bikinis bbq beer fishing beer bikinis camping did i say bikinis

seclark
07-01-2011, 12:06 PM
just got back yesterday from 5 days on the river w/my sons and 2 grandkids. fish, swim, float, explore and mix in a few beers.

back to work today, then off for the 3day weekend. love it.
sec

Dayze
07-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I love summer. I love everything that comes with summer: I love the heat. I love the 13 hours of sunlight. Being outdoors all the time. Golf. Camping. Fishing. Baseball. Lakes and rivers. Outdoor BBQ. Perspirating bottles of beer. Cruising with the windows down. Lemonade. Miniskirts and bikinis. Fireflies. Racing on old highways. Motorcycles. Sweat bands. Sunburns. Vodka Watermelon. The smell of wheat harvest. Fresh cut grass. Fireworks. Sandals. Mojitos. Squirt guns. Ice cream sandwiches.

Summertime is the best time. Fuck winter.

That.

Inspector
07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I hate wearing long pants, shoes and shirts so summer fits my comfort better. And I like cooking out. And having a few drinks on the screened in back porch (season doesn't matter for that)

Plus the skimpy clothes on women stuff too.

KCrockaholic
07-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I love Fall for the obvious reason. But Summer is pretty awesome when it's not 100 degrees outside. And I work outside a lot, so the weather plays a big part in my life.

gblowfish
07-01-2011, 01:45 PM
There's a lot of thing I love about summer:

Lightning bugs. Watching my kitties chase them in the back yard.
Reading the paper and drinking coffee on my screened in porch on Sunday Morning.
Weber BBQ grill with strip steaks sizzling.
Really fresh corn on the cob with butter.
Falling asleep in the La-Z-Boy with a fan oscillating across the room.
Napping and listening to the Royals game, especially if it's a night game on the West Coast.
A Thunderstorm (not severe), listening to the wind blow through the trees right before it rains, then listening to the rain drumming on the aluminum awnings.
Driving a car fresh from being washed and waxed.
Buying a bomb pop from the ice cream truck.
Ice cold yard beer out of an igloo cooler after mowing the lawn. That would be a Bud, Busch, Pabst, Miller, Hamms, etc. in a can. Light beer does not qualify.
When I was younger, playing a softball double header at night. Day games in August were brutal. I liked playing under the lights much better.

Demonpenz
07-01-2011, 02:55 PM
i love summer, the hotter the better in general. Winter is ok, pussies don't get out in the cold, that means it is more money-pussy that I can hustle. Autumn is awesome, and spring has nasty rain storms that are fun.