PDA

View Full Version : Royals (Insert here) will happen before the Royals win their next playoff game.

DeezNutz
06-30-2011, 09:10 PM
End of June and I'm fucking sick, absolutely sick, with the direction of the franchise. Everyone knew this year would be awful, but I'm primarily concerned about the development of the key players in the system. In short, there's no pitching. None. Remember the discussion of the "embarrassment of riches"? We (myself included in this) were wrong.

Cheer me up or depress me more. __ will happen before the Royals win their next playoff game.

Me?

The USA will land on the moon again before the Royals win their next playoff game.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-30-2011, 09:13 PM
The national debt will be paid off.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-30-2011, 09:15 PM
To be on the positive side

Dayton Moore will be fired before the Royals win their next playoff game

Brianfo
06-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Barack Obama will be re-elected in 2020.

Stanley Nickels
06-30-2011, 09:16 PM
A monkey will type Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, in it's entirety.

DeezNutz
06-30-2011, 09:17 PM
A monkey will type Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, in it's entirety.

Its.

*obligatory because of the rather snooty allusion. :evil:

Rams Fan
06-30-2011, 09:17 PM
The Browns and Lions will meet in the Super Bowl.

threebag02
06-30-2011, 09:18 PM
CHIEFS win Super Bowl

Spott
06-30-2011, 09:18 PM
The Chiefs will win a playoff game.

BigMeatballDave
06-30-2011, 09:19 PM
ELE

DeezNutz
06-30-2011, 09:19 PM
If I had to bet on the Chiefs winning a SB or the Royals winning a playoff series, the former would win in embarrassing fashion.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:21 PM
End of June and I'm ****ing sick, absolutely sick, with the direction of the franchise. Everyone knew this year would be awful, but I'm primarily concerned about the development of the key players in the system. In short, there's no pitching. None. Remember the discussion of the "embarrassment of riches"? We (myself included in this) were wrong.

Cheer me up or depress me more. __ will happen before the Royals win their next playoff game.

Me?

The USA will land on the moon again before the Royals win their next playoff game.

There's still a lot of pitching coming up. Montgomery, Lamb (once he comes back), Odorizzi, Smith, Dwyer, Ventura, Yambati...etc. I understand your frustration but we haven't seen many pitchers come up yet and a couple that we have... Crow and Duffy look promising. Don't jump of a building just yet.

Rams Fan
06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
The Lions will make it to the NFC Championship Game.

Al Bundy
06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez will both become better QB's than Josh Freeman.

DeezNutz
06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Crow is a reliever, unfortunately. But I like Duffy's potential.

Montgomery has had injury problems, and Lamb is obviously going through that now. Dwyer has been sucking.

Odorizzi is probably the pitching prospect with the most "shine" right now, which is great. My solution is that we must, fucking must, make some trades for legit pitching talent. Otherwise, we (read: Glass) must buy some this off-season.

Discuss Thrower
06-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Mecca and Dane return to chow on some crow.

Thig Lyfe
06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Royals will trade Bubba Starling to the Chiefs for Matt Cassel. Chiefs will immediately win the Super Bowl, while the Royals still won't win a playoff game until Starling decides to go back to baseball.

Rams Fan
06-30-2011, 09:27 PM

Montgomery has had injury problems, and Lamb is obviously going through that now. Dwyer has been sucking.

Odorizzi is probably the pitching prospect with the most "shine" right now, which is great. My solution is that we must, ****ing must, make some trades for legit pitching talent. Otherwise, we (read: Glass) must buy some this off-season.

How is Crow being a reliever a bad thing? Some 1st round picks don't even make the bigs or aren't even productive. At least Crow has made it to the bigs and should(knock on wood) be productive for his career.

threebag02
06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Mecca and Dane return to chow on some crow.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZMgNpCjjQSo7bLX-XmBDmbEqKh2UTXJBT1NciN_VLXA43uZxsGw

Bowser
06-30-2011, 09:29 PM
I'll win the lottery before the Royals win their next playoff game.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:30 PM

Odorizzi is probably the pitching prospect with the most "shine" right now, which is great. My solution is that we must, ****ing must, make some trades for legit pitching talent. Otherwise, we (read: Glass) must buy some this off-season.

I understand all of that but it's always potential, even with players like Hosmer and Moustakas and Cain and Myers etc.. I think Crow can be a starter but I may be wrong. Guys heal from injurys... unless you're Gil Meche. My point was the cupboard isn't bare. I was trying to cheer you up.

And I believe they will spend some for more pitching. Not huge bucks but guys who give us a chance to win. Call me crazy. I've been a Royals fan for 42 years so thats obvious.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:30 PM
How is Crow being a reliever a bad thing? Some 1st round picks don't even make the bigs or aren't even productive. At least Crow has made it to the bigs and should(knock on wood) be productive for his career.

His point is we need starting pitching worse than anything.

BigRedChief
06-30-2011, 09:31 PM
man you guys are too hard on yourselfs. You can't win without at least some talent. You got some talent on the way. It's raw and unfinished talent but talent can be buffed and shined up. Theres no need to turn chicken shit into chicken salad. Just realize potential.

Rams Fan
06-30-2011, 09:34 PM
His point is we need starting pitching worse than anything.

Experienced, quality starting pitching. Not young starting pitching.

Is Paulino decent?

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Experienced, quality starting pitching. Not young starting pitching.

Is Paulino decent?

He's been a pleasant find for the most part. I understand Deez frustration as much as anyone but I tend to think we're going through growing pains of getting better more than just flat sucking... so at least there's hope. With some real starting pitching we'd be decent now imo.

Guru
06-30-2011, 09:36 PM
The Chiefs will win their third superbowl.

SPchief
06-30-2011, 09:40 PM
You do realize that we weren't gonna win this year right? You do realize that we knew the SP was gonna be bad this year right? Did we have some hope for this season after a decent start, yes, is everything we predicted before the season happeing, pretty much. But its no reason to start jumping off the bandwagon yet. (yes i'm on the bandwagon until after 2014)

Having the best farm system for last year isn't gonna translate into success in 6 months at the ML level

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-30-2011, 09:41 PM
I CAN'T give up on this team even if I tried, but this team has seriously tested my patience over the past few weeks

At least we have the glimmer of hope that is the six man rotation featuring Kyle Davies coming up

Rams Fan
06-30-2011, 09:42 PM
He's been a pleasant find for the most part. I understand Deez frustration as much as anyone but I tend to think we're going through growing pains of getting better more than just flat sucking... so at least there's hope. With some real starting pitching we'd be decent now imo.

Agreed.

But what really good SP, aside from Lee, was available in FA?

Royals need to get quality guys. Not great, not bad but guys who get the job done.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:43 PM
You do realize that we weren't gonna win this year right? You do realize that we knew the SP was gonna be bad this year right? Did we have some hope for this season after a decent start, yes, is everything we predicted before the season happeing, pretty much. But its no reason to start jumping off the bandwagon yet. (yes i'm on the bandwagon until after 2014)

Having the best farm system for last year isn't gonna translate into success in 6 months at the ML level

I wish I could remember the publication... Baseball Prospectus maybe?... predicted KC in the playoffs in '13 and '14 and winning the World Series in 2015. Speculation of course... but we started from scratch in the minors under Dayton and things take time in baseball.

Spott
06-30-2011, 09:44 PM
They're just a glorified AAA team for the teams that actually want to win. I can't believe anyone actually believes the Royals will ever compete.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Agreed.

But what really good SP, aside from Lee, was available in FA?

Royals need to get quality guys. Not great, not bad but guys who get the job done.

That's what I mentioned in a previous post. We aren't going to sign top money free agent pitchers but we don't have to imo. I think we'll find a guy or two that are serviceable starters that will give us a chance to win. Bruce Chen was a no biggie signing but he's given us a chance to win. Guys like that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:48 PM
They're just a glorified AAA team for the teams that actually want to win. I can't believe anyone actually believes the Royals will ever compete.

You can always tell when someone doesn't pay any attention to the game.

SNR
06-30-2011, 09:49 PM
The NBA will end its lockout.

BigMeatballDave
06-30-2011, 09:51 PM
They're just a glorified AAA team for the teams that actually want to win. I can't believe anyone actually believes the Royals will ever compete.Go fist your dad.

Rams Fan
06-30-2011, 09:52 PM
That's what I mentioned in a previous post. We aren't going to sign top money free agent pitchers but we don't have to imo. I think we'll find a guy or two that are serviceable starters that will give us a chance to win. Bruce Chen was a no biggie signing but he's given us a chance to win. Guys like that.

Exactly. Paulino seems like he could be that guy. There will be more options in FA. Hell, the Pirates signed Kevin Correia and look how he's performed. The Royals need to find their Kevin Correia.

DeezNutz
06-30-2011, 09:53 PM

Why don't you just post that you didn't read the OP in its entirety.

The bold? Really? I explicitly addressed this. The entire OP was about the dearth* of pitching in the system. *CP GRE.

Fish
06-30-2011, 09:56 PM
The robots will rise before KC wins another WS....

But dammit.... Go :Royals:....

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 09:57 PM
The entire OP was about the dearth* of pitching in the system. *CP GRE.

This is the only place we disagree. I don't think there's a dearth of pitching in the minors it's just mostly not ready yet. Give it time to get ripe buddy.

Bump
06-30-2011, 09:57 PM
The Rapture will sooner happen

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Odorizzi has been tits so far

DeezNutz
The Royals need to find their Kevin Correia.

LMAO. A career 4.47 who is currently carrying a 3.79 in the fucking NL?

Look, I appreciate the point, really. He'd easily be the best on the staff right now. But this is one of the most depressing "uplifting" posts toward Royals fans that I've seen in some time.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Exactly. Paulino seems like he could be that guy. There will be more options in FA. Hell, the Pirates signed Kevin Correia and look how he's performed. The Royals need to find their Kevin Correia.

Paulino has overall been a diamond in the rough. Nice find. Hopefully he sticks.

DeezNutz
06-30-2011, 10:00 PM
This is the only place we disagree. I don't think there's a dearth of pitching in the minors it's just mostly not ready yet. Give it time to get ripe buddy.

I hope this is right, and it very well could be. As I've said before, the position players took a huge step back in '09, only to go forward in '10. We need to hope that the pitchers do the same.

Currently the front-line guys (not including Duffy in this) have regressed quite a bit.

Rams Fan
06-30-2011, 10:02 PM
LMAO. A career 4.47 who is currently carrying a 3.79 in the ****ing NL?

Look, I appreciate the point, really. He'd easily be the best on the staff right now. But this is one of the most depressing "uplifting" posts toward Royals fans that I've seen in some time.

Hey, every team gets lucky everyonce in a while and gets a guy who has a career ERA over 4 who has an ERA under 4 for one season and gets a shit load of wins.

threebag02
06-30-2011, 10:02 PM
peteZ28 will start a decent thread.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 10:05 PM
peteZ28 will start a decent thread.

There's a difference between far-fetched and plain laughable man.

SNR
06-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Odorizzi has been tits so far
I don't speak your young people jive. Does that mean he's good or bad?

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't speak your young people jive. Does that mean he's good or bad?

You like, tits, yes? What of age male doesn't?

Therefore tits = awesome :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-30-2011, 10:27 PM

Therefore tits = awesome :)

As another old guy I do get the tits thing... but I like ass just as well... maybe more... and if you said "Odorizzi has been ass" I wouldn't think that would = awesome.

Just being a pain.

SNR
06-30-2011, 11:01 PM

Therefore tits = awesome :)English neologisms are fucking weird things, man.

Archie F. Swin
07-01-2011, 06:25 AM
the entire cast of The Shawshank Redemption will have died of old age.

Crush
07-01-2011, 06:39 AM

Hey asshole, go shove some milano cookies up your urethra.

KCUnited
07-01-2011, 07:06 AM
The Lil K will be re-renovated at the expense of Jackson County tax payers.

Al Bundy
07-01-2011, 07:31 AM
My Ex-wife will be a good person.

Stewie
07-01-2011, 07:34 AM
I CAN'T give up on this team even if I tried, but this team has seriously tested my patience over the past few weeks

At least we have the glimmer of hope that is the six man rotation featuring Kyle Davies coming up.

This I completely don't understand. Who has the hardon for Davies is what I want to know... and has any major league team EVER used a six man rotation? It's idiotic.

KCUnited
07-01-2011, 07:36 AM
George Brett will have shit his pants 60 times.

Dave Lane
07-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Betelguese will go supernova. It's due in the next 3 million years.

Dave Lane
07-01-2011, 08:20 AM
George Brett will have shit his pants 60 times.

If you count his childhood I'm pretty sure he's already there.

Dayze
07-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Chiefs tickets and parking will be reduced by 15% in the year 2039 as a way of Clark saying 'thanks for sticking with us during our Super Bowl drought'.

loochy
07-01-2011, 08:24 AM
LeBron James will show up in a 4th quarter.

gblowfish
07-01-2011, 08:45 AM
The Rapture?

Deberg_1990
07-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Carl Peterson will return triumphantly to become GM of the Chiefs!

Barret
07-01-2011, 09:59 AM
The Rapture will sooner happen

So would this mean that David Glass would still be the Owner since he is going to hell anyway?