PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues DSK is going free.

Bambi
07-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Wow kids, can't make it up

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/nyregion/strauss-kahn-case-seen-as-in-jeopardy.html?hp

|Zach|
07-01-2011, 12:42 AM
This is all pretty bad...sounds like a total sham.

Since her initial allegation on May 14, the accuser has repeatedly lied, one of the law enforcement officials said.

Senior prosecutors met with lawyers for Mr. Strauss-Kahn on Thursday and provided details about their findings, and the parties are discussing whether to dismiss the felony charges. Among the discoveries, one of the officials said, are issues involving the asylum application of the 32-year-old housekeeper, who is Guinean, and possible links to people involved in criminal activities, including drug dealing and money laundering.

According to the two officials, the woman had a phone conversation with an incarcerated man within a day of her encounter with Mr. Strauss-Kahn in which she discussed the possible benefits of pursuing the charges against him. The conversation was recorded.

That man, the investigators learned, had been arrested on charges of possessing 400 pounds of marijuana. He is among a number of individuals who made multiple cash deposits, totaling around $100,000, into the woman’s bank account over the last two years. The deposits were made in Arizona, Georgia, New York and Pennsylvania.

The investigators also learned that she was paying hundreds of dollars every month in phone charges to five companies. The woman had insisted she had only one phone and said she knew nothing about the deposits except that they were made by a man she described as her fiancé and his friends.

In addition, one of the officials said, she told investigators that her application for asylum included mention of a previous rape, but there was no such account in the application. She also told them that she had been subjected to genital mutilation, but her account to the investigators differed from what was contained in the asylum application.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-01-2011, 01:13 AM
There were rumors of this being a possible setup, who knows.

teedubya
07-01-2011, 02:06 AM
DSK is/was one of the most powerful men in Europe... as the head of the IMF. When the people in charge want you gone, theatrics sometimes enter into the equation.

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole DSK fiasco was manufactured shenanigans.

AndChiefs
07-01-2011, 04:57 AM
DSK is/was one of the most powerful men in Europe... as the head of the IMF. When the people in charge want you gone, theatrics sometimes enter into the equation.

Teedub thinks it might be a conspiracy?

Color me surprised.

Amnorix
07-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Wow. Just wow.

DSK was a likely candidate for President of France. Wonder if this whole thing has damaged or helped him. It might have helped him, but alot of rumors of womanizing have been circulated since his arrest.

Brainiac
07-01-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm pretty surprised by this turn of events. When I first heard the story I figured he was guilty as sin, especially since he has a history of womanizing.

eazyb81
07-01-2011, 08:48 AM

Let me guess - you think Bilderberg is somehow involved?

alnorth
07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
This is why the pre-arranged "perp walk" in front of the media is total crap and should be illegal everywhere, not just in states that currently outlaw it.

I remember when people were objecting a while ago some smart-ass politician in New York said something like "yeah its embarrassing, but if you don't want to do it, don't commit a crime in New York." Well, there now may be serious doubt he did, so now what?

alnorth
07-01-2011, 09:50 AM

not in New York. The high-profile prosecutors do not seem to be as concerned with guilt as they are with getting convictions. They seem to feel that its not their job to hold back if guilt is very doubtful, as long as they think they can railroad someone into prison.

BucEyedPea
07-01-2011, 10:05 AM
There were rumors of this being a possible setup, who knows.
Yeah, I heard that too. He was going to challenge the French NeoCon Sarkozy in the next election. I would be surprised if the NCs were behind it.