PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Gladiator Round 1, Match 3: talastan vs. Buck

Rain Man
07-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Interesting one here.

talastan:

Sling shot with 20 golf ball-size stones

No backup knife

Special factor: Your non-dominant leg and arm fell asleep and are tingling and hard to move for the first three minutes

Prep time: 105 seconds

Buck:

Taser and steak knife

Backup bowie knife

Prep time: 6 seconds

Venue:

Classic temperate forest terrain

Starting distance: 93 feet

Pestilence
07-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Taser and a steak knife? ROFL

Baconeater
07-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Nice knowing you talastan.

stevieray
07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
93 feet?

can buck even run that far? ;)

regardless, if he can dodge the shots from the sling, he could be victorious.

talastans bringing stones to a 2-zip knife fight.

Detoxing
07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Buck easily. What's the golf ball going to do? leave some big fucking welts? Big whoop.

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Talastan got screwed here

AustinChief
07-01-2011, 04:41 PM
yeah, 93ft in a forest can be covered by Buck in about 60 seconds (and that assumes he is using the trees for cover) ...given that a sling shot requires two hands and Talastan is having 3 minutes of arm issues... I doubt he could get more than a couple shots off...

Buck wins... but cries profusely after.

SNR
07-01-2011, 04:43 PM
This battle reminds me of the video game Hexen. Buck is like the fighter class and talastan is like the mage class.

Of course the mage's class always had the more powerful weapons with range. But the fighter had the cooler weapons and in the end, if you could control your character, the fighter was easier to play as.

Buck wins this one.

Guru
07-01-2011, 04:43 PM
So the guy with the sling shot can't even use it for 3 minutes and has no backup weapon? Damn this match will be over before he can even do anything.

Rain Man
07-01-2011, 04:44 PM
My guess is that talastan could normally knock buck out with a slingshot and stones of that size, but having his arm and leg fall asleep screws him. Buck will see him hobbling around and run in and tase him and finish him off easily.

Too bad about sleeping wrong, talastan. Could've been a good fight otherwise.

Buck
07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Sorry talastan, I think I got this one.

SDChiefs
07-01-2011, 04:52 PM
To hillcrest for the celebration party!

alnorth
07-01-2011, 05:35 PM
wow, this one is an ugly one-sided match.

Gadzooks
07-01-2011, 05:50 PM
This is just another lopsided win for the Chargers.

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-01-2011, 05:54 PM
At least talastan voted LMAO

KurtCobain
07-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Talastan has a minute and a half to strategize whereas buck is just quickly thrown into this thing not knowing what's going on. That means he knows Buck has better weapons, and he is going to hide. 93 feet in a forest isn't much, but Talastan can easily get away and hide with that kind of a head start, even with his arm and leg asleep. I really doubt Buck can run fast.

He could be in a tree when Buck goes by, and he nails him with a golf ball, Buck drops his weapon and it's on, right? Pretty fair fight at that point.

My vote goes to Buck, though.

loochy
07-01-2011, 06:23 PM
But wait...a taser only has 1 shot doesn't it? So once he shoots it, his ranged weapons are done. If talastan can make buck waste his 1 shot, he can KO him with some golf balls. Also, buck just jumped into the fray after 6 seconds so I think his strategy won't be well thought out. I'll go with talastan here.

Buck
07-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I'M FUCKING UNSTOPPABLE!

bevischief
07-01-2011, 06:33 PM
But wait...a taser only has 1 shot doesn't it? So once he shoots it, his ranged weapons are done. If talastan can make buck waste his 1 shot, he can KO him with some golf balls. Also, buck just jumped into the fray after 6 seconds so I think his strategy won't be well thought out. I'll go with talastan here.

Depends is this a personal or law enforcement taser? Law enforce have up to 3 shots. Also Buck has his flaming hat with him...

alnorth
07-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Talastan has a minute and a half to strategize whereas buck is just quickly thrown into this thing not knowing what's going on. That means he knows Buck has better weapons, and he is going to hide. 93 feet in a forest isn't much, but Talastan can easily get away and hide with that kind of a head start, even with his arm and leg asleep. I really doubt Buck can run fast.

He could be in a tree when Buck goes by, and he nails him with a golf ball, Buck drops his weapon and it's on, right? Pretty fair fight at that point.

My vote goes to Buck, though.

That's the thing, though. Can I put pen to paper and write a gripping, stirring account of how against all odds Talastan somehow vanquished Buck? Sure I can, but a whole lot of breaks have to go his way.

You can eventually pull this off in a video game where you go back to start after Buck tases and stabs you, but with one shot its hard to vote for the underdog.

Buck
07-01-2011, 06:35 PM
6 seconds is enough for me to know he only has 20 shots and that I can hide behind trees. Also If I'm told that his fucking arm and leg are asleep I'm just going to serpentine my way up to him and slash his throat.

alnorth
07-01-2011, 06:37 PM
6 seconds is enough for me to know he only has 20 shots and that I can hide behind trees. Also If I'm told that his ****ing arm and leg are asleep I'm just going to serpentine my way up to him and slash his throat.

hell, if I knew his leg and arm were asleep, I'd just toss the taser aside and go in with both knives.

Bump
07-01-2011, 08:02 PM
unless Talastan gets a perfect shot with the sling shot right off the bat, he's screwed.

threebag02
07-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Buck goes down six seconds away from ChiefsPlanet kills him.

Count Zarth
07-02-2011, 08:58 AM
A few pebbles aren't taking down Buck.

He shocks and slices his way to victory.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Calling the fight in favor of Buck. Talastan might've had a chance but for the pins and needles thing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Buck's blue snuggie would provide adequate armor against a slingshot, but I don't see him prevailing...