PDA

View Full Version : Life -- Please post a picture of your current wallet neighboring your current sunglasses.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:16 PM
also - please indicate both brands, where and when you purchased them - and the price of both, please describe them one by one and please try to be accurate. I'll try to get mine in, here in a bit -

If this one doesn't make it = I'm fine with that.

Feel free to make this a poop - poop gif thread - animated turds - whatever.

I'm down, just bored.

Thanks for all the help!

Baconeater
07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
You want me to go all the way out to the car to get my sunglasses so I can take a picture of them and post it here?

Bump
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/tumblr_l610fgT1CX1qaugiso1_500.jpg

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:21 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/tumblr_l610fgT1CX1qaugiso1_500.jpg

that's a pretty sweet spread

Okie_Apparition
07-01-2011, 09:24 PM
3 dog bakery sucks

threebag02
07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
http://cdn2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/200/543/836/g_original-roo-sack-kangaroo-scrotum-leather-purse-043e5.JPG

Here is an upgrade for your coin purse.

Phobia
07-01-2011, 09:28 PM
These are some old things I picked up a while back... I think the name was Kuffana. My wallet was roughly 3 cents. It's made by Alliance rubber. I'm cheap like that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't use either.

AustinChief
07-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Coach Wallet- gift, no clue when I got it.. 2 maybe 3 maybe 4 years ago.. hell if I know

Sunglasses - Ray Ban Aviators circa 1983

Buehler445
07-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Cabela's front pocket wallet.
No glasses. Typically have a hat.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:36 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/fu9mvq.jpg

Black low-rider table - Marshalls - $24.99

Cole Haan mens wallet - partial leather partial nylon - $45.00, six yrs old, purchased at Filenes Basement - Baltimore, MD.

Hugo Boss Mens burgandy frame sunglasses - amber lenses, Nordstroms - purchased last year - about $60.00

Back-drop is a Lenovo T410 packed w/ an iCore I5-520m chip, purchased this week, ebay - $445.00 - lightly used and super fast.

NewChief
07-01-2011, 09:41 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/fu9mvq.jpg

Black low-rider table - Marshalls - $24.99

Cole Haan mens wallet - partial leather partial nylon - $45.00, six yrs old, purchased at Filenes Basement - Baltimore, MD.

Hugo Boss Mens burgandy frame sunglasses - amber lenses, Nordstroms - purchased last year - about $60.00

Back-light is a Lenovo T410 packed w/ an iCore I5-420m chip, purchased this week, ebay - $445.00 - lightly used and super fast.

How much did the glass piece run you?

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:43 PM
How much did the glass piece run you?

oh - those are keys. You mean off to the right...? Yeah - those are my keys.

Miles
07-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Wallet: black tumi money clip style. I also have a brown Coach water buffalo one that I haven't started using yet.

Sunglasses: these Smith ones. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/307,1449P_Smith-Optics-Proof-Sunglasses-Polarized-Photochromic.html

Baconeater
07-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Ok, I'll play along, here's my wallet and some random stuff from my desk. No, this isn't photoshopped, it's how I roll.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/9upukp.jpg

I wonder if I'm going to remember where that 9/16 deep well socket is the next time I need it and it's not in my tool box.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Ok, I'll play along, here's my wallet and some random stuff from my desk. No, this isn't photoshopped, it's how I roll.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/9upukp.jpg

i love the free-standing keys - fuck key-rings@! LMAO

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Wallet: black tumi money clip style. I also have a brown Coach water buffalo one that I haven't started using yet.

Sunglasses: these Smith ones. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/307,1449P_Smith-Optics-Proof-Sunglasses-Polarized-Photochromic.html

Tumi ehh? very nice - their goods are nice - I had a notebook bag they'd made.

Rain Man
I desperately need to buy a new wallet. I liked my old one, but I accidentally ran it through the washer AND dryer, and it's more or less toast.

I'll post pictures when I've got my phone handy.

Phobia
I like the compression shutoff valve. Learn to solder, moron.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I desperately need to buy a new wallet. I liked my old one, but I accidentally ran it through the washer AND dryer, and it's more or less toast.

I'll post pictures when I've got my phone handy.

I can NOT believe how long this cole haan has lasted - you should check ebay, they're really durable and worth the little bit of extra coin.

TTYS

Baconeater
07-01-2011, 09:54 PM
i love the free-standing keys - fuck key-rings@! LMAO
ROFL Those aren't my personal keys, the silver Schlage is to a very large mansion in midtown Omaha that I was working on a while back, and I really need to get it back to the homeowner. I have no idea what that Kwikset goes to, it's something that I dragged home from work.

Great Expectations
07-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Coach Wallet- gift, no clue when I got it.. 2 maybe 3 maybe 4 years ago.. hell if I know

Sunglasses - Ray Ban Aviators circa 1983

This, except I have the wayfarer shields.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 09:56 PM
ROFL Those aren't my personal keys, the silver Schlage is to a very large mansion in midtown Omaha that I was working on a while back, and I really need to get it back to the homeowner. I have no idea what that Kwikset goes to, it's something that I dragged home from work.

Well you already DON'T like ketchup - so I know you aren't right - I just figured.......... :P

Frazod
07-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Here is my rather cluttered desk with wallet and sunglasses, and other stuff.

Baconeater
07-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I like the compression shutoff valve. Learn to solder, moron.
Oh, I would use them for new construction or remodels, but I'll be damned if I'm going to crawl into a cabinet under a sink and try to solder something. They don't pay me enough for that.

ClevelandBronco
07-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I never, under any circumstances, wear sunglasses. And my wallet is far too old for me to remember the brand or when I bought it or received it as a gift.

How about a pen and my phone?

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Here is my rather cluttered desk with wallet and sunglasses, and other stuff.

I'd own a gun if i didn't fear popping someone's ass - or I'd probably pop shots in the sky - just because. Some don't need a gun, I'm one. I'll stick to my wasp-spray. Wasp spray is the best protection for over the counter non gun defense. I just can't wait until someone breaks in!

SPchief
07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Also post a picture of your CC

Front and Back

Frazod
07-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I'd own a gun if i didn't fear popping someone's ass - or pop shots in the sky - just because. Some don't need a gun, I'm one. I'll stick to my wasp-spray. Wasp spray is the best protection for over the counter non gun defense. I just can't wait until someone breaks in!

If they have a gun, it will probably have better range than your wasp spray.

Just saying.

Miles
07-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Tumi ehh? very nice - their goods are nice - I had a notebook bag they'd made.

It's holding up really well but I got maybe 8 years out of my previous Coach wallet.

Big fan of their laptop/business bags. I carry a leather one daily and they are close to indestructible considering what they look like. However, their warranty is not as great as it once was.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I never, under any circumstances, wear sunglasses. And my wallet is far too old for me to remember the brand or when I bought it or received it as a gift.

How about a pen and my phone?

Pen is fine - or a watch - honestly I never find sunglasses i like - so, as a result - i too never have been a sunglass person. But I love a pair that I love. It's just so rare. Those Hugo Boss's are really cool.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:04 PM
If they have a gun, it will probably have better range than your wasp spray.

Just saying.

Dude - I'm street smart, I'll be hiding - I assure you!

Guru
07-01-2011, 10:05 PM
worthless without

DeezNutz
Pen is fine - or a watch - honestly I never find sunglasses i like - so, as a result - i too never have been a sunglass person. But I love a pair that I love. It's just so rare. Those Hugo Boss's are really cool.

Try the Maui Jim Banyans, player.

Frazod
I got my Chiefs wallet about five years ago at Sports Nutz, back before they sold out to whoever bought them. It's held up pretty well - almost no wear.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:06 PM
unless I'm sleeping or something.

Phobia
07-01-2011, 10:07 PM

Maui Jims are awesome but they grow legs easily.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:08 PM

I just like more've a frame - I like a solid frame. But - the lenses are rad on those - nice color selection

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm getting ready to hit the mountains tomorrow, so all this crap was already out.

Wallet/checkbook, who knows, custom made.
Shades, Oakley........something
Gun, Smith & wesson .500 (Bear charmer)
Knife, Ontario marine combat. (Backup bear charmer)

Gadzooks
07-01-2011, 10:12 PM

You're Canadian? Happy Birthday!

Gadzooks
07-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm getting ready to hit the mountains tomorrow, so all this crap was already out.

Nice rig but I'd expect you to wear cooler shades...

Frazod
07-01-2011, 10:15 PM

Heh. I think we're scaring SR. :D

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:15 PM

That's totally badass - / Thread - as far as I care!!!!!!! Just badass!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2011, 10:16 PM
3 dog bakery sucks

lol/wut?

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Bwana - Have you ever squared off with one of the bears up there? - please do tell.

Frazod
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Bwana - Have you ever squared off with one of the bears up there? - please do tell.

He kilt him one when he was only three.

DeezNutz
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Maui Jims are awesome but they grow legs easily.

Definitely not the brand just to leave in the car...

I just like more've a frame - I like a solid frame. But - the lenses are rad on those - nice color selection

Understandable. Too much weight and nose pieces tend to bother me.

Guru
07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Love my Maui Jims with a credit card wallet.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:22 PM

I've been very close to a several bears, but I have never had to shoot. I would just a soon keep it that way. I don't have a beef with them, unless they decide the want to try to have me for dinner. There is still a lot of snow up where I'm going and the grizzly's are a lot lower than normal for this time of year. There is a greater chance of running into one this trip, than normal.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:23 PM
He kilt him one when he was only three.

that rubber grip on that gun is really nice. I bet that really helps. My dads 38 looks like an antique compared to those gems. They're really making guns attractive looking, these days. Love the looks of some.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:26 PM
that rubber grip on that gun is really nice. I bet that really helps. My dads 38 looks like an antique compared to those gems. They're really making guns attractive looking, these days. Love the looks of some.

Yeah, it's a great grip and comes standard on the .500. I've rocked around 250 rounds through that in the last month.

Baconeater
07-01-2011, 10:28 PM
lol...mountains. Bwana's heading out to drop a hit on someone.

Frazod
Yeah, it's a great grip and comes standard on the .500. I've rocked around 250 rounds through that in the last month.

That's bad ass. How much does one of those go for?

Simply Red
To be honest - not trying to be funny - I'd like to own a nice pellet gun. Do they make any in Nickel finish w/ grips like that? Seriously...

Frazod
07-01-2011, 10:29 PM
To be honest - not trying to be funny - I'd like to own a nice pellet gun. Do they make any in Nickel finish w/ grips like that? Seriously...

Uh..... no.

Phobia
07-01-2011, 10:30 PM
That's bad ass. How much does one of those go for?

You just have to get the drop on the guy carrying it.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:31 PM
That's bad ass. How much does one of those go for? I bought it last summer and think I paid about $1400. They don't give them away, but if you have a bear coming full speed, it will take him down.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:32 PM
You just have to get the drop on the guy carrying it.

LMAO

You know, that would have saved me a lot of money.

Frazod
07-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I bought it last summer and think I paid about $1400. They don't give them away, but if you have a bear coming full speed, it will take him down.

Wow, that's pricey. I figured it would be over $1,000.

I'll bet it kicks like a pissed off mule, too.

Bearcat
07-01-2011, 10:34 PM
There are some nice wallets in this thread. I think I've had mine since high school, so roughly 12-15 years.... it probably cost like $10. It still works.

It holds the money that I used to buy my $200 pair of sunglasses. :D

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Wow, that's pricey. I figured it would be over $1,000.

I'll bet it kicks like a pissed off mule, too.

Yeah, it took me two years to take the step, but if I ever need it, it will be worth it and if not, it's fun to shoot. I look at it as a life insurance policy. I go to the same area where a guy was killed and eaten last year by a grizzly.

Frazod
07-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Yeah, it took me two years to take the step, but if I ever need it, it will be worth it and if not, it's fun to shoot. I look at it as a life insurance policy. I go to the same area where a guy was killed and eaten last year by a grizzly.

I hear you. You can bet your ass if I lived out there I'd have one too.

Of course, the only predators I have to worry about around here can be easily dropped with a 9mm.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah, it took me two years to take the step, but if I ever need it, it will be worth it and if not, it's fun to shoot. I look at it as a life insurance policy. I go to the same area where a guy was killed last year and eaten by a grizzly.

hey - how relaxed can you be - I mean, do they ever know them to hide and ambush...? - they don't really stalk or premeditate - do they?? aren't they more - I see you - now i'm interested type of thing...? - I know their scent is great.

I think they're very interesting animals. Mostly because they can eat me.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I hear you. You can bet your ass if I lived out there I'd have one too.

Of course, the only predators I have to worry about around here can be easily dropped with a 9mm.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I have a Glock 20 and a 12 gauge assault shotgun, for that kind of game.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:44 PM
hey - how relaxed can you be - I mean, do they ever know them to hide and ambush...? - they don't really stalk or premeditate - do they?? aren't they more - I see you - now i'm interested type of thing...? - I know their scent is great.

No, cats will do that, but a grizzly will normally only come after you, if you sruprise it, or it has cubs. Polar bears are the exception in the bear family.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 10:47 PM
JESUS - so you have to worry about mtn lions and shit TOO!!??

@ that point I'd just buy a white ninja suit and pray for the best, talk about walking on egg shells - I'd be terrified to live up there, my god. Much respect to you sir. It really is beautiful there though.

pr_capone
07-01-2011, 10:47 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ZxJOH.jpg

Frazod
07-01-2011, 10:48 PM

@ that point I'd just buy a white ninja suite and pray for the best, talk about walking on egg shells - I'd be terrified to live up there, my god. Much respect to you sir. It really is beautiful there though.

City folks. LMAO

It's not like there's one lurking behind every tree, dude.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 10:56 PM

@ that point I'd just buy a white ninja suite and pray for the best, talk about walking on egg shells - I'd be terrified to live up there, my god. Much respect to you sir. It really is beautiful there though.

Naw, you just do your thing and pay attention. I have only seen 4 mountain lions in the wild. Most of the time, they won't mess with you. To be honest, I worry more about moose, than I do about bears, or cats. Bears and cats are predictable, moose on the other hand, are very unpredictable and can kill you as fast as a bear or a mountain lion.

Guru
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
There are some nice wallets in this thread. I think I've had mine since high school, so roughly 12-15 years.... it probably cost like $10. It still works.

It holds the money that I used to buy my $200 pair of sunglasses. :D

Does it have Duck Tape on it yet?

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I always heard that you're supposed to arch your arms and join your hands above your head to appear taller.

redsurfer11
07-01-2011, 11:02 PM
wallet is apiece of crap. Glasses have two. Ray bans and Costa 508's Blue

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I'd probably hiss too - at last resort - that'd probably throw her off.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd probably hiss too - at last resort - that'd probably throw her off.

LMAO

Dude

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I always hated dad's 'field and streams' -- other than their epic bear articles - man they had some good ones!

Bwana
07-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I always hated dad's 'field and streams' -- other than their epic bear articles - man they had some good ones!

You were right on the "taller" but anything you "hiss at" you're going to piss off and it's likely to open up a can of whoop ass on you.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
You were right on the "taller" but anything you "hiss at" you're going to piss off and it's likely to open up a can of whoop ass on you.

oh okay - thanks. If you cap one, what would you do with him? just wondering - say you DO run into a grizzly (God forbid) - what would you do with him; after his fall? Fur??

Bwana
07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
oh okay - thanks. If you cap one, what would you do with him? just wondering - say you DO run into a grizzly (God forbid) - what would you do with him; after his fall? Fur??

Call the game warden.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Call the game warden.

Ahh - that's required I guess..? I'd love to have the conversation w/ you sometime - bet you have a ton of stories. Please continue to keep me updated with any and all 'run in's' with these beasts. I'd say I'm worried, but seems like you're well armed and ready to roll. I do though find all of this type of nature VERY interesting and humbling.

Bwana
07-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Ahh - that's required I guess..?

Yes it is. The grizzly is still listed on the endangered species list, (they shouldn't be, because their numbers are WAY up) so if you dump one, you have to contact to game warden, go back to the site and they perform an investigation.

listopencil
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Too late to take a pic and get it on here but I grabbed a thin lady's clutch purse to use as a wallet. Still fits in the back pocket of my pants and fits all my crap in there, including current checkbook. Eight bucks at Wal Mart. Sunglasses I grabbed off of a rack last time I was at the Dollar Tree for household cleaning supplies. I grabbed two of the exact same pair, one for the house and one for the car. So $10 total, wallet and sunglasses.

SLAG
07-01-2011, 11:39 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8CVgSnotjb8/Tg6uG3UawFI/AAAAAAAAAww/drBZIlhowIY/s640/IMG_20110702_003506.jpg

Simply Red
07-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Yes it is. The grizzly is still listed on the endangered species list, (they shouldn't be, because their numbers are WAY up) so if you dump one, you have to contact to game warden, go back to the site and they perform an investigation.

damn man - that's crazy - Guess that's how they have to do.

Bearcat
07-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Does it have Duck Tape on it yet?

Nope, you wouldn't guess it was more than 9 or 10 years old.

The plastic thing that holds my driver's license is kind of falling apart though... and there might be a condom behind that thing from like 2004. :shrug:

Simply Red
07-02-2011, 12:13 AM
and there might be a condom behind that thing from like 2004. :shrug:

double check - are you sure you didn't pick up Clay's wallet by accident, at the bash?

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 12:14 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8CVgSnotjb8/Tg6uG3UawFI/AAAAAAAAAww/drBZIlhowIY/s640/IMG_20110702_003506.jpg

I knew it!

Fried Meat Ball!
07-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Oakley sunglasses. No wallet. I carry a money clip made out of a 1921 Morgan silver dollar (last year it was made). My grandpa had these made for his grandsons when we turned 18. He had passed away before I was 18, but my dad kept them ready for my brother and I.

Simply Red
07-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Oakley sunglasses. No wallet. I carry a money clip made out of a 1921 Morgan silver dollar (last year it was made). My grandpa had these made for his grandsons when we turned 18. He had passed away before I was 18, but my dad kept them ready for my brother and I.

Which Granite is that?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Which Granite is that?

Quartz, actually. Not sure about the actual color, but it's close to Welshpool Black by Cambria.

Simply Red
07-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Quartz, actually. Not sure about the actual color, but it's close to Welshpool Black by Cambria.

outstanding!