PDA

View Full Version : News *** Not Good

Bwana
07-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Oil spill in Yellowstone River prompts evacuations. :shake:

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_2b84f0e5-a31a-59b8-aeca-c24581dd4de1.html

They still don't know the source, but this is going to implode the Yellowstone river and the drinking water. This likely hasn't hit the main networks yet, but it will. With the river at flood stage, there is no way they can come close to containing the spill.

blaise
07-02-2011, 08:17 AM
That sucks.

FAX
07-02-2011, 08:32 AM
I hate this. The YR is as close to pristine as a river gets in this country.

Whoever approved an "under-river" pipeline there deserves to be moose raped.

FAX

RNR
07-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Well that sucks~

Bwana
07-02-2011, 08:44 AM
I hate this. The YR is as close to pristine as a river gets in this country.

Whoever approved an "under-river" pipeline there deserves to be moose raped.

FAX

Yeah, they still have no idea where it's coming from. CHS (Cenex) has a refinery right there, as well as a pipeline under the river. ConocoPhillips and ExxonMobil also have pipelines in the same area, running under the river. I have a feeling it's a catastrophic pipeline failure, under the river, but it could have been a tank issue. (not likely.) Either way this is going to fuck a lot of things up, liikely including the water supply.

Okie_Apparition
07-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Probably a crazy scheme gone wrong from some picnic basket loving bear

Bwana
07-02-2011, 08:52 AM
ExxonMobil

Emergency officials say that a break in an Exxon oil pipeline caused the spill into the Yellowstone River early Saturday.

During a press conference at the Emergency Operations Center, Duane Winslow, Yellowstone County Disaster and Emergency Services director, and other officials said that the oil slick is now between Worden and Custer.

The flow of oil has been stopped, officials said. Exxon told officials it is monitoring the area to make sure there are no additional leaks.

Exxon is sending a global response team to Billings from Houston.

Yellowstone County Commissioner Bill Kennedy said that the Billings water treatment plant was not compromised by the spill and that water is safe to drink.

Laurel officials said the spill was east of their water plant and did not affect the water supply.

Mr. Laz
07-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Drill baby, drill.

RNR
07-02-2011, 08:56 AM
ExxonMobil

Emergency officials say that a break in an Exxon oil pipeline caused the spill into the Yellowstone River early Saturday.

During a press conference at the Emergency Operations Center, Duane Winslow, Yellowstone County Disaster and Emergency Services director, and other officials said that the oil slick is now between Worden and Custer.

The flow of oil has been stopped, officials said. Exxon told officials it is monitoring the area to make sure there are no additional leaks.

Exxon is sending a global response team to Billings from Houston.

Yellowstone County Commissioner Bill Kennedy said that the Billings water treatment plant was not compromised by the spill and that water is safe to drink.

Laurel officials said the spill was east of their water plant and did not affect the water supply.

That is as good of news as you could hope for I guess~

Donger
07-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Bummer.

Donger
07-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Drill baby, drill.

Yep, unless of course you don't use the product.

Bwana
07-02-2011, 08:59 AM
That is as good of news as you could hope for I guess~

Time will tell on the water supply. Bill Kennedys word, isn't worth the energy it takes to make his lips move.

RNR
07-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Yep, unless of course you don't use the product.

That was my thought as well~

Okie_Apparition
07-02-2011, 09:00 AM
The democrats wanted more stimulus & they're having to do it through disasters. THere is big money in the cleanup. Blow up a pipeline, open floodgates, manipulate weather rings..it's all there

RNR
07-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Time will tell on the water supply. Bill Kennedys word, isn't worth the energy it takes to make his lips move.

Yeah That crossed my mind. Often when something like this happens powers that be go full PR~

Backwards Masking
07-02-2011, 09:03 AM

ROFL

Yep, no way he's gonna say "We f*cked up, it's in the water supply, our lawyers are meeting with the treatment plants lawyers to see how much money we owe them as I speak. Nobody's perfect."

Rausch
07-02-2011, 09:12 AM
ExxonMobil: Not willing to take a back seat to BP...

:grr:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BeP6CpUnfc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz
07-02-2011, 09:13 AM
The democrats wanted more stimulus & they're having to do it through disasters. THere is big money in the cleanup. Blow up a pipeline, open floodgates, manipulate weather rings..it's all there
http://www.digitalfox.com/digitalfox/johnf-ingkerry/foilhat_files/foil5.jpg

rockymtnchief
07-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Grrrrrr...not a good year for Montana water. Can anything worse happen? Good luck to everyone downstream.

Rausch
07-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Made me think of this... (http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/)

gblowfish
07-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Can't wait to see the touchy feely commercial Exxon puts on TV, talking about how "they're with the people of Montana and Wyoming....we're fighting hard for the environment...yap yap yap." Same as the BS commercials BP made after the spill in the Gulf.

RNR
07-02-2011, 09:25 AM
This does not have to end up in DC. If everyone can just talk about developments and hear from those in the area. If not it will end up in a leftwing rightwing pissing match and the actual discussion will be lost~

gblowfish
07-02-2011, 09:26 AM
ExxonMobil: Not willing to take a back seat to BP...

:grr:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BeP6CpUnfc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This!!!! Perfect!!!

Rausch
07-02-2011, 09:27 AM
This does not have to end up in DC. If everyone can just talk about developments and hear from those in the area. If not it will end up in a leftwing rightwing pissing match and the actual discussion will be lost~

I don't see why this is political.

We have a major multi-state flood happening and now an oil fuck up at the top of it.

$#it still runs downhill.

RNR
07-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't see why this is political.

We have a major multi-state flood happening and now an oil **** up at the top of it.

$#it still runs downhill.

I agree but there were posts starting to turn it into a political pissing match. I just hope this stays as a report, latest news thread~

Bwana
07-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Well shit, not much I can do about it, I'm heading up to Cooke City for a little ATV riding and some R&R. I'll likely check in from the top of the hill at some point. Everyone have a good 4th!

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Drill baby, drill.If you are going to cry about it, stop using it.

Chief Roundup
07-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Huh WTF????????????

RNR
07-02-2011, 01:52 PM
If you are going to cry about it, stop using it.

Ok I give up what was your old username?

kysirsoze
07-02-2011, 01:52 PM

Okie=Ari?

GloryDayz
07-02-2011, 02:21 PM
ANWR oil is better!!

Dave Lane
07-02-2011, 04:32 PM
It's the damn environmentalists

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Oil spill in Yellowstone River prompts evacuations. :shake:

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_2b84f0e5-a31a-59b8-aeca-c24581dd4de1.html

They still don't know the source, but this is going to implode the Yellowstone river and the drinking water. This likely hasn't hit the main networks yet, but it will. With the river at flood stage, there is no way they can come close to containing the spill.

End Times are upon us.