PDA

View Full Version : General Politics A rare optimistic case for the future

The Mad Crapper
07-02-2011, 10:12 AM
OK, I have little doubt that the R's will find a way to blow this opportunity to win the WH and take control of the senate in during the next election cycle. I have no faith in them to fix this country or to solve the economic crisis, but at this point, what other choice do I have?

Until it comes down to secession (and it will), here's my simple solution written on the back of a napkin at closing time...

Reality says Romney is going to get the nod, he has the money and enough primary voter support. He's a smart man, but he's goofy and square. I could care less about that, he's a solid family man and I'm sure he's not knocking up the maid. So the dem's and their media wing will be hard pressed to character assassinate him.

After some though, he made a shrewd political move by not distancing himself from Romneycare, as there are enough moonbats who like nationalized HC but are dissapointed and angry in Obama on almost everything else. I'm sure Romney's people calculated the potential votes he can get for taking this position.

The Senate will probably go to the R's, the congress has already voted to repeal Obamacare, so it's a done deal, with or without Romney's approval.

Romney is a national HC guy and a global warming fruitcake, but unlike Obama, he will not act like a dictator and over rule the legislative body.

So the EPA will get monetarily neutered by an R dominated house and senate which will help the energy industry, and Obamacare will be repealed.

SCOTUS appointments: I think Romney will put qualified, reasonable, rational judges on our courts, that alone is a single good reason to vote for him.

Illegal immigration: Unfortunately, this will not be change under Romney. Hopefully more tea party candidates will win elections in the house and senate.

Romney should ask Herman Cain to be his VP. He can groom him for the 2020 presidential election. It would be a bold, thinking outside the box move that R's are generally allergic too.

Budget and Deficit: Sadly, I don't think government spending is ever going to be less than the tax revenue brought in, but it will be considerably better under a Romney administration than Obama's.

I think Romney and Cain can do enough business friendly actions to get unemployment down, and if they put guys like Larry Kudlow and Steve Forbes on boards to help the economy grow, that would be a huge plus.

Once again, simplistic, not much detail, but if the R's just followed this plan, they could be in charge of our government for at least the next 12 years.

If that happens, will they do the right thing? We can only hope.

We know what Obama will do.

alnorth
07-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Obamacare is not going anywhere without a SCOTUS decision against it. The Republicans aren't going to get a filibuster-proof majority.

Romney's tactic on explaining Romneycare was a basic (and perfectly reasonable) state's rights argument. Under the principles of the 10th amendment, MA decided they wanted statewide health care. If that's what they want, good for them, the GOP has always supported state's rights. It was really the only intellectually honest argument he could make which would not automatically imply that he'd want national health care.

Aside from that, no strong disagreement on anything else. (Other than Hermain Cain for veep, he is a jackass who will hurt Romney more than help. Hell, Romney would be better off with Bachmann next to him) Rick Perry may have a shot to beat Obama, but he'd have to jump in very soon. He's waiting too long, by mid August it will be Romney or bust.

Chiefshrink
07-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Perry has the momentum and he hasn't even announced. Romney has proven he is a politician in the true sense of the word and the "Tea Party" sees right through him.

Perry/Bachman ticket "destroys" Obama by double digits, hands down!!! Conservatives both Libertarian,Repub,Dem and Independents are "that afraid" of an Obama 2nd term.

Perry has plenty of time. These are unique times and the "Tea Party" (We The People) await.

SNR
07-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Romney should ask Herman Cain to be his VP. He can groom him for the 2020 presidential election. This cliche is my biggest pet peeve

Chiefshrink
07-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Even Romney did not read the "political tea leaves" correctly from "The Tea Party" We The People. Romney bought into the Marxist Media lies(Alinskyizing) that you can't get close to the "Tea Party" because then you will be considered a "loon".

The worst thing he did to distance himself from the Tea party was to not admit he f'd up with Romney Care which ultimately shows the "Tea Party" that he will not fight to ultimately "repeal" it and more importantly as leader cannot admit he made a huge mistake. Rather he sits back and ducks like a coward using the state's rights as way to not admitting he was WRONG!!!!

Bottom line: He is just another RINO phony!!!

The Mad Crapper
07-02-2011, 02:31 PM
This cliche is my biggest pet peeve

You mean because Herman Cain is black? Has nothing to do with anything as far as I'm concerned. He's a private citizen who threw his hat in the ring, he has support, he's smart, and he's a DC outsider. I only said he needs to be "groomed" as a politician and a VP nod would eliminate the "he's never won an election" prattle.

I dont give two shits he didn't know what "right of return" was or any other Noam Chomsky make believe left wing gibberish.

He's a businessman. When this nations dysfunctional and pathologic fiscal mess is cleared up, then we can fight about gay marriage and other BS.

Right now I just want some smart people running things--- and they have to want to run things smartly.

Ultimately the best man or woman for the job would never run for office. But we have to deal with reality, because fairy tales and lies only leads to men like Hitler, Stalin and Obuttocks.

Chiefshrink
07-02-2011, 04:23 PM
You mean because Herman Cain is black? Has nothing to do with anything as far as I'm concerned. He's a private citizen who threw his hat in the ring, he has support, he's smart, and he's a DC outsider. I only said he needs to be "groomed" as a politician and a VP nod would eliminate the "he's never won an election" prattle.

I dont give two shits he didn't know what "right of return" was or any other Noam Chomsky make believe left wing gibberish.

He's a businessman. When this nations dysfunctional and pathologic fiscal mess is cleared up, then we can fight about gay marriage and other BS.

Right now I just want some smart people running things--- and they have to want to run things smartly.

Ultimately the best man or woman for the job would never run for office. But we have to deal with reality, because fairy tales and lies only leads to men like Hitler, Stalin and Obuttocks.

:thumb:

|Zach|
07-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Perry/Bachman ticket "destroys" Obama by double digits, hands down!!!

ROFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5179641#post5179641

Truman/Dewey times 10 upset here. And I am really not trying to be a "homer" about this. If this election goes McCain it will have upset ramifications on the level of "David and Goliath", "Jets/Colts 1969 Superbowl", "1980 US Olympic Hockey Team", "1983 North Carolina State over Houston's Phi Slamma Jamma".....add your own as well.

Yes McCain only has one path and he needs Pennsylvania to do it and carry the rest of his red states he is either tied in or slightly behind in. But something tells me it is going to happen. Just my gut and my gut is usually right on these things. :)

SNR
07-02-2011, 11:37 PM

Ultimately the best man or woman for the job would never run for office. But we have to deal with reality, because fairy tales and lies only leads to men like Hitler, Stalin and Obuttocks.I was talking about the phrase "being groomed". It makes no sense.

It's used in sports all the time. "Maybe Stanzi can be groomed while Cassel finishes out the year." You mean Stanzi's going to practice, learn the playbook, get acclimated to NFL speed? But groomed? People thought Trent Green was going to groom Todd Collins and Jonathan Quinn, too. No. Trent Green's not going to do shit.

Is Joe Biden being groomed? He's the same age as Herman Cain. It's not like Cain is young and impressionable and has a lot of things to learn.

"Grooming" an assistant means nothing. It's just a cliche people use when they want someone to improve into something glorious. By magic.

Chocolate Hog
07-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I thought this thread would be about North Dakotas unemployment rate which is at 3.2% mainly because the focus on energy. I think moving forward those who produce the most energy will be the super powers of the world.

SNR
07-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I thought this thread would be about North Dakotas unemployment rate which is at 3.2% mainly because the focus on energy. I think moving forward those who produce the most energy will be the super powers of the world.Also, if North Dakota seceded they'd have the third most nukes of any country in the world.

But I doubt that has anything to do with low unemployment

Chocolate Hog
07-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Also, if North Dakota seceded they'd have the third most nukes of any country in the world.

But I doubt that has anything to do with low unemployment

Doubtful unless you want to get into nuclear powered energy which is pretty unpopular these days.

Seriously though this is all bullshit the Repubs are running on "we're not Obama" and Obama is running on "I'm not Bush" but neither are giving real answers. The reason North Dakota is successful is because they actually produce goods. Imagine that!

Psyko Tek
07-03-2011, 01:41 AM

most of what you post I disagree with but what I have bolded
is what |I think is important
we need jobs
but they are pushing social and deficit the best way to get out of debt is get more cash coming in
that means getting more jobs
and tax cuts have never produced jobs

google it

patteeu
07-03-2011, 07:26 AM
The Senate will probably go to the R's, the congress has already voted to repeal Obamacare, so it's a done deal, with or without Romney's approval.

Even if both the House and the Senate vote to repeal Obamacare, it needs the President's signature unless they have such huge majorities that they can override a veto. But they wouldn't need it if the President is Romney because he would sign the repeal.

patteeu
07-03-2011, 07:32 AM
and tax cuts have never produced jobs

google it

LMAO

That's too vague to challenge, but it can't be taken seriously.

The Mad Crapper
07-03-2011, 07:49 AM
I was talking about the phrase "being groomed". It makes no sense.

It's used in sports all the time. "Maybe Stanzi can be groomed while Cassel finishes out the year." You mean Stanzi's going to practice, learn the playbook, get acclimated to NFL speed? But groomed? People thought Trent Green was going to groom Todd Collins and Jonathan Quinn, too. No. Trent Green's not going to do shit.

Is Joe Biden being groomed? He's the same age as Herman Cain. It's not like Cain is young and impressionable and has a lot of things to learn.

"Grooming" an assistant means nothing. It's just a cliche people use when they want someone to improve into something glorious. By magic.

Oh, ok. Maybe I used the wrong cliche. Thanks for clarifying.