PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Gladiator Round 1, Match 7: luv vs. extremechief

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
luv:

Extremely corrosive industrial-strength acid in a normal squirting water bottle made entirely of one of the few substances that can contain it.

Backup bowie knife

Prep time: 58 seconds

extremechief:

Two fist-sized rocks, one of which has a slightly sharp edge

No backup knife

Prep time: 116 seconds

Venue:

Classic home living room (Starting distance: 18 feet)

Gadzooks
07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
This is a tough one... 'cause luv's a girl...

Ebolapox
07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
jesus, that one isn't even fair.

SDChiefs
07-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Luvs on the rag and ready for action. Ec didn't stand a chance.

Old Dog
07-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Is Extremechief accurate enough with his rocks that he can knock the bottle out of luv's hand or put one off the side of her head and take the bottle away from her? I know nothing about him.

Baconeater
07-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Eh, those squirting water bottles don't have a lot of range, it's possible that extremechief could take her down with a well placed head shot.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:42 PM
This is a classic domestic violence matchup.

So we've got luv with two really good closeup weapons, and extremechief who doesn't have a whole lot to work with. I think the odds are low that he knocks her out with a thrown rock, so he's going to have to charge. If I'm him, I hold off her charge with the rocks while I put a lampshade over my head, and then I charge her and try to take the knife. Maybe he could use sofa cushions as a shield, too.

However, his challenge is that once he closes in, she can nail him with either hand. If he goes for the knife and she stays calm, she can aim the water bottle and nail him in the face. If he goes for the acid, he gets stabbed.

I think luv wins this one as long as she doesn't panic in the initial charge.

luv
07-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Who grew up with an older brother. We held many wrestling matching and fights in our living room.

luv
07-02-2011, 02:55 PM
You all do realize I can throw the knife as well as he can throw a rock?

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2011, 02:55 PM

But why would you want to? If you miss, you give him a knife.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:57 PM

If you do that, I'm changing my vote to extremechief. Unless you grew up in the circus, I think the odds of nailing someone with a thrown knife are poor.

luv
07-02-2011, 02:57 PM
But why would you want to? If you miss, you give him a knife.

And I'd have a rock, and acid.

I'd just picture him as my ex-boyfriend. Trust me, I won't miss.

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2011, 02:58 PM
And I'd have a rock, and acid.

I'd just picture him as my ex-boyfriend. Trust me, I won't miss.

Just dodge the damn rocks, get close and spray his face with acid. You win. It's not that hard. Don't mess with throwing things.

luv
07-02-2011, 02:59 PM
If you do that, I'm changing my vote to extremechief. Unless you grew up in the circus, I think the odds of nailing someone with a thrown knife are poor.

I seriously doubt I'd throw it, but a thrown knife, even if it hits him with the handle end, would have the same effect as throwing a rock.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I seriously doubt I'd throw it, but a thrown knife, even if it hits him with the handle end, would have the same effect as throwing a rock.

If it's a typical living room, maybe you could instead throw a scented candle at him, or some picture frames.

Now that I think of it, that's a good strategy for extremechief. As a guy (no offense, luv), I'm going to guess that he can throw harder than she can. If it's a typical living room, there's going to be stuff that can be thrown and that can hurt. luv will need to position herself behind a chair or something to minimize the risk of taking a stunning hit and keep the advantage in her favor.

luv
07-02-2011, 03:08 PM
If it's a typical living room, maybe you could instead throw a scented candle at him, or some picture frames.

Now that I think of it, that's a good strategy for extremechief. As a guy (no offense, luv), I'm going to guess that he can throw harder than she can. If it's a typical living room, there's going to be stuff that can be thrown and that can hurt. luv will need to position herself behind a chair or something to minimize the risk of taking a stunning hit and keep the advantage in her favor.

Did I mention I'm picturing my ex? The one I co-signed on a car for? Which ended up getting repoed? Hell hath no fury, my friend.

Crush
07-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I am going to have to go with Luv here. I will never vote against acid.

Count Zarth
07-02-2011, 05:04 PM
luv squirts herself and dies

extremechief bludgeons her skull just to make sure

Count Zarth
07-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Joking aside, there's plenty of cover behind the couch.

Luv gets a couple of squirts off. Maybe she wounds Extremechief but before she can do any real damage he jumps on her and begins pounding her head with the rocks.

WEAKER SEX LOSES EVERY TIME

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Joking aside, there's plenty of cover behind the couch.

Luv gets a couple of squirts off. Maybe she wounds Extremechief but before she can do any real damage he jumps on her and begins pounding her head with the rocks.

WEAKER SEX LOSES EVERY TIME

Weaker sex would end you in about 3.4 seconds.

Old Dog
07-02-2011, 05:25 PM

as long as it's been for me, ANY sex might end me in 3.4 seconds

I might be sharing too much with you people.......oh, you meant........got it, carry on

Count Zarth
07-02-2011, 05:59 PM

please :rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Nothing against EC, but I've met Luv and she's an awesome football chick and Ambassador for the fairer sex in the Chiefs Kingdom.

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Um, if there's any chick in the world who would be on the 'beat his little scrawny ass' side of a DV case, it's luv.

alnorth
07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I'll go with luv. Yeah, pointy rocks and strength could overpower, but she's got meltey death acid and a knife.

patteeu
07-03-2011, 07:15 AM

LOL That's a pretty unfair special circumstance.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 02:33 PM
And it's over. Extremechief gets beaten by a girl. However, there's no shame in losing when your face has been eaten off by acid.