PDA

View Full Version : Elections Let down by the Republican candidates? Your hero has arrived...

orange
07-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Thaddeus McCotter 2012 Presidential Campaign Launches With Michigan Announcement

AP/The Huffington Post First Posted: 07/ 2/11 08:47 PM ET Updated: 07/ 2/11 11:22 PM ET

U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.) announced his candidacy for president of the United States on Saturday in his home state of Michigan.

"There are a lot of people out there worried the American dream is in danger," the GOP hopeful recently told WJR radio in addressing his presidential ambitions.

Reuters reports:

"There are a lot of people out there worried the American dream is in danger," McCotter told WJR radio.

He said the other Republican candidates are "fine people" but are not prepared to seize the opportunity to challenge and defeat Democratic President Barack Obama.

"I believe I could," he said. "You're never going to know unless you get into the arena."

The 45-year-old attorney from the Detroit suburb of Livonia made the announcement Saturday evening during a festival in Whitmore Lake, 30 miles west of Detroit.

McCotter, who's also a guitarist, performed with his band at the event.

McCotter was elected to his fifth consecutive term in Congress in November.

He will join a field of GOP hopefuls that already includes former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, pizza magnate Herman Cain, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman and U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/02/thaddeus-mccotter-2012-president_n_889272.html

BucEyedPea
07-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Already mentioned. By me, of course—and it's another NeoCon. *snore*

SNR
07-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Glad to see 2012's version of Duncan Hunter has arrived

Chocolate Hog
07-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Glad to see 2012's version of Duncan Hunter has arrived

Every neo-con that joins who can take away votes from Romney is good.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Every neo-con that joins who can take away votes from Romney is good.

Hmmm, never thought of that. T'is a good point.

Brainiac
07-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Every neo-con that joins who can take away votes from Romney is good for Obama because Romney is the only Republican who can beat him.

FYP

KILLER_CLOWN
07-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Every neo-con that joins who can take away votes from Romney is good for Obama because Romney is the only Republican who can beat him.

and at this point you have to ask who is the lesser of two evils, and i don't see much of a difference.

Chocolate Hog
07-03-2011, 11:05 AM
FYP

How can Romney beat Obama other than just using talking points? Obama is ahead in the polls and Mitt Romney's flip flopping would cost him in the general election.

Dave Lane
07-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Can anyone give me a list of non neocons currently in office? Beyond the Pauls are there like three other people? I'm feeling lazy today so let's see if beep beep can get past one hand.

Dave Lane
07-03-2011, 11:11 AM
How can Romney beat Obama other than just using talking points? Obama is ahead in the polls and Mitt Romney's flip flopping would cost him in the general election.

Romney is the only candidate with a prayer oh winning. You want an R? You better get on board.

Chocolate Hog
07-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Romney is the only candidate with a prayer oh winning. You want an R? You better get on board.

I'm not going to vote for a guy who isn't a Republican saying he's a Republican. Again I ask how is Romney the only one with a chance when he's down in the polls?

Ebolapox
07-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm not going to vote for a guy who isn't a Republican saying he's a Republican. Again I ask how is Romney the only one with a chance when he's down in the polls?

for what little it's worth, polls mean jack and shit right about now.

Chocolate Hog
07-03-2011, 11:47 AM
You'd have a point if Romney weren't a well known candidate but he has been in the political arena for 4 years now and still trails.

Dave Lane
07-03-2011, 12:05 PM
He's the only one with a prayer to beat Obama. How he fares against other Rs is a different matter. If Bachmann, Paul or Palin somehow get the nomination you can start the chant right now...

4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years...

Okie_Apparition
07-03-2011, 12:30 PM
"The gas is too damn high" dude has a solid shot

BucEyedPea
07-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Nope ónot per polls.

Chocolate Hog
07-03-2011, 12:33 PM
He's the only one with a prayer to beat Obama. How he fares against other Rs is a different matter. If Bachmann, Paul or Palin somehow get the nomination you can start the chant right now...

4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years...

You still haven't given any examples of why.

stevieray
07-03-2011, 12:37 PM
let down by another lonely saturday night.

/orange

Chiefshrink
07-03-2011, 12:51 PM
for what little it's worth, polls mean jack and shit right about now.

:thumb:

Dave Lane
07-03-2011, 12:53 PM
You still haven't given any examples of why.

I will be your father figure, Put your tiny hand in mine, I will be your preacher teacher, till the end of time...

Or maybe not today, feeling lazy. Think about it.

SNR
07-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Can anyone give me a list of non neocons currently in office? Beyond the Pauls are there like three other people? I'm feeling lazy today so let's see if beep beep can get past one hand.The Republican party as a whole is willing to make some big time defense cuts, and would probably issue a significant withdrawal from Iraq/Afghanistan during his/her term. Not a full withdrawal, though. Obama's not even doing that, and he even gave a "Mission Accomplished" speech. Also, I think ALL Republicans are against involvement in Libya, but it might be more Republican opposition to Clinton's Serbia kind of stuff.

Does that mean this group isn't neo-conservative? No. They all are except Paul and Johnson.

By the way, you never answered my questions in past threads about why you think Paul is the dumbest Republican candidate of the bunch. I answered yours, now you answer mine.

orange
07-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Life is never more fulfilling than arguing with Mr. Kotter on a Friday night. /stevieray

BucEyedPea
07-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Does that mean this group isn't neo-conservative? No. They all are except Paul and Johnson.

wer mine.

Walter Jones, 3rd Congressional District of North Carolina is another who is not a NeoCon. Regrets his vote on Iraq...prolly felt lied to but came to his senses. But you're right, out of those running the only two are Paul and Johnson. Bachman is more someone who is manipulated by NeoCons than a real one and that is due to her religion. I call those ones TheoCons. They are allies of NeoCons because of longterm animosity toward Muslims and Israel more than being true NC.s Anyway, t'is how I see it.

Dave Lane
07-03-2011, 04:06 PM
The Republican party as a whole is willing to make some big time defense cuts, and would probably issue a significant withdrawal from Iraq/Afghanistan during his/her term. Not a full withdrawal, though. Obama's not even doing that, and he even gave a "Mission Accomplished" speech. Also, I think ALL Republicans are against involvement in Libya, but it might be more Republican opposition to Clinton's Serbia kind of stuff.

By the way, you never answered my questions in past threads about why you think Paul is the dumbest Republican candidate of the bunch. I answered yours, now you answer mine.

Its mostly not an intellectual thing, he's fairly bright, but his idea for America and its place in the world, and in the lives of its citizens is really along the lines of Fred Phelps and his gay opposition. It way over the top, extreme and incomprehensible. He, if he had his way, would plunge the country into a depression the likes of which we have never seen. At the end of the hell scape from which we would have to emerge who knows maybe the country would be hungrier since most of the work force would have been out of work for years. Thats the only positive I could foresee in his America.

One thing Paul and his ilk have never considered, in their quest for less spending, fingers in the ears approach, is that cutting spending cuts jobs, directly and instantly. That money is going to someone that hires people to do whatever it is that they do. Money well spent, helps our edge in science and industry. Running Amtrack at a loss increases the countries productivity, while the traffic jam that is LA substantially hurts our productivity and increases the barriers to exports.

Other countries that invest in science and infrastructure become more competitive, just look what China is doing pouring money into these areas. All Paul and his cronies want is to pay less of their share of money and cut the role of government helping industry and its citizens. Some people call this logic I call it crap.

If we want to reduce the deficit and I quite frankly am not that afraid of a temporary deficit for the next few years. The way to solve it is like driving the Queen Mary, a little bit at a time. Too large a turn will break and cripple the rudder and the ship is afloat with out power to head in the right direction.

The country needs the Bush tax cuts to be dropped and a similar amount of spending cuts and that's really it. The funny thing is I've been involved and seen this longer than you have. There is ALWAYS a scare. If it not the commies, it's the Japanese taking over, its the Arabs and the oil, its China, its the deficit. Its endless. The government can monetize. It can pay off the debt tomorrow albeit with funny money but it can do it. Its unlike any corporation in that regard.

There is no need for the knee jerk reactionism that populates this entire forum. Hell you can probably balance the budget by legalizing marijuana and taxing it and maybe doing the same for gay marriage.

In summary things are very good right now, if the country continues to fund research and technology and invest in infrastructure that helps industry, especially non boots military projects, the best is ahead for all of us.

Ron Paul has it wrong utterly and completely.

Flame away, I'm sorry I took the time to write this its such a ****ing waste in this echo chamber.