No backup weapon

Special Factor: Riding a Harley

Prep time: 22 seconds

Venue:

Outer space in space suits and jet packs OUTSIDE the space station

Starting Distance: 13 feet

SNR
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Damn. Space definitely screws renegade out of this one.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Hmm... Interesting. I guess cdox kicks the bike away and slashes into Renegade's suit and he dies.

Buck
07-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Can't do shit with a blow gun in space
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 03:31 PM
This one will come down to the question of whether a blowgun can penetrate a space suit. My initial thought was no, but then I realized that it doesn't even need to hit skin. All it has to do is punch a hole.

I voted for cdcox because it's hard to vote against a guy on a Harley with a samurai sword and a jet pack in outer space. However, the more I think about it, I think renegade could win this one. No windage to account for, easy shot with no cover, and all he has to do is poke one hole in cdcox's samurai suit.

alnorth
07-03-2011, 03:34 PM
maybe the blowgun can punch a pinhole in cdcox's suit, but a sword can do a lot worse. The paralyzing poison never comes into play because I dont think the dart can punch a hole in the suit AND get the poison into the bloodstream.

Renegade's only shot is to wrestle the sword away. obviously in space with a bulky suit you'd use the sword like a harpoon and not swing it.

edit: hell, he cant blow the blowgun! You'd have to stab with those darts!

cabletech94
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Can't do shit with a blow gun in space
Posted via Mobile Device

great point!

both are wearing spacesuits (i assume?).
can't use a blowgun in a vacuum.

sword is mightier than the blowgun here i guess.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 03:38 PM

Oh, that's a bummer.

alnorth
07-03-2011, 03:40 PM
this is one of the only possible terrains that could have turned this from a close fight into a runaway slaughter in cdcox's favor. Fate is cruel sometimes.

Renegade
07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I knew I should have been a beer vendor when given the chance. This is going to be a massacre.

Bowser
07-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I knew I should have been a beer vendor when given the chance. This is going to be a massacre.

Yeah, condolences. This one's kind of like watching a knight joust against a tank.

Baconeater
07-03-2011, 05:04 PM
You can't ride a Harley in space. Renegade wins.

4th and Long
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
That whole vacuum of space thing really put the screws to renegade.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NeMrttj8Ucg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Renegade
07-03-2011, 09:27 PM
You can't ride a Harley in space. Renegade wins.

I am still trying to figure out the blow dart in a vacuum concept

4th and Long
07-03-2011, 09:32 PM
open the visor on ypur space suit to press your lips to that blowgun in the vaciuum of space and then get back to us.
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
07-03-2011, 09:37 PM

whip out your concealed can of compressed air and.....

Otter
07-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I did a google search on 'curare darts' and still don't know what they are but I'd have to assume it has an offensive property that would disable or poison the opponent and much like Dartgod and the sniper rifle distance is his friend.

I'm assuming 0 gravity with jetpacks as well.

I'm going with Renegade.

EDIT: I spelled curate instead of curare. I'm assuming you know a rear naked in chokehold for the coup de gras Renegade in zero gravity with a jet pack or I'll question how prepared you were. It should be especially easy to apply when paralyzed.

DeezNutz
07-03-2011, 10:05 PM
The scientist laughs his ass off before turning Renegade into an impressive infomercial display.

lostcause
07-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Now this is not the slaughter everyone is making it out to be. Two individuals, in space, each with JET PACKS, one has a katana, the other a blow gun. There is still a Harley Davidson to be dealt with.

Now the katana offers an advantage only in close quarters, which would require mobility, which would require ditching the harley. Were Renegade then to jet pack out to the harley and acquire it, he would have a shield and a battering ram, utilizing his jet pack.

Further, were he able to make it into the space station before he is cut down by the samurai sword. If he can, the curare darts totally come into play as he dodges around the interior of the station.

I do agree edge goes to sword, but its not like star wars blaser blaster vs bo staff in space here. Give renegade a shot.

Count Alex's Losses
07-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Blow darts in zero G? Renegade is fucked.

Cdcox is really smart. He'll jury-rig his jetpack to the harley's throttle, gun the harley jetbike and slice up Renegade.

Count Alex's Losses
07-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Cdcox could also affix his sword to the front of the jetbike and turn himself into a sort of outer space Nautilus.

Rain Man
07-04-2011, 10:00 AM
It occurs to me that renegade could possibly turn his back and use the exhaust from his jet pack to fire his blow gun, but maybe that would just lead to a scorched hand. I don't know.

We'll mercifully call this one for cdcox, and renegade's lifeless body will float for millennia to be eventually found by some alien civilization.

Rain Man
07-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Calling this race. cdcox squeaks out a win and takes a victory lap around the space station on his Harley.

cdcox
07-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Man, I was so wrapped up in my coding that I didn't even realize I was up. That was easy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Damn. Space definitely screws renegade out of this one.

This.

Cox goes full-Copper on his ass.

Renegade
07-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Calling this race. cdcox squeaks out a win and takes a victory lap around the space station on his Harley.

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is closed.

Dave Lane
07-05-2011, 09:12 AM
maybe the blowgun can punch a pinhole in cdcox's suit, but a sword can do a lot worse. The paralyzing poison never comes into play because I dont think the dart can punch a hole in the suit AND get the poison into the bloodstream.

Renegade's only shot is to wrestle the sword away. obviously in space with a bulky suit you'd use the sword like a harpoon and not swing it.

He can blow it but he'd need a portal of some type that was sealed to get it to his lips to the blowgun and it outside the helmet, even then floating in space is a tough shot