PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Gladiator Round 1, Match 11: mlyonsd vs. andchiefs

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 04:58 PM
mlyonsd

2 boomerangs, one heavy and one bladed, and a handful of salt

No backup weapon

Prep time: 68 seconds

andchiefs

Pepper spray

Backup bowie knife

Prep time: 64 seconds

Venue:

Across a moderately busy 8-lane highway (Starting distance: 200 feet)

MagicHef
07-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Huh. Is the bladed boomerang as sharp and long as the bowie knife?

MagicHef
07-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I need mylonsd to convince me of his boomerang prowess. Otherwise, I think pepper spray beats salt and knife and bladed boomerang are equivalent, so andchiefs would win at close range.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Huh. Is the bladed boomerang as sharp and long as the bowie knife?

Assume that these are battle boomerangs. The bladed one is sharp as a knife and perhaps 16 inches long, and the heavy boomerang is perhaps 30 inches.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Damn, so I'm guessing the heavy boomerang gets thrown while they're both crossing the highway. andchiefs could get hit by a car trying to dodge it. Then, once they're close enough I doubt the salt does much. Pepper spray FUCKING HURTS. Fuck pepper spray, I'd just give up if I were mylon.

So, can mylon deal with the burning effects and use his bladed boomerang and win a knife fight? Doubt it. Pepper spray hurts. Even if he swings the boomerang around and he can't get close enough for andchiefs to get him with the knife, then he'd gets hit by a car while he can't see anything.

mlyonsd
07-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Looks like I got back from the lake just in time.

This one is easy. I throw the dull boomerang just to make andchiefs duck followed up with the bladed one two seconds later. (about the time it will take andchiefs to recover and stick his head back up).

And I hate to brag but boomerangs were kind of popular back in the early 70's. I had a plastic one that I could throw and catch at least one in a 25 times.

MagicHef
07-03-2011, 05:58 PM

This one is easy. I throw the dull boomerang just to make andchiefs duck followed up with the bladed one two seconds later. (about the time it will take andchiefs to recover and stick his head back up).

And I hate to brag but boomerangs were kind of popular back in the early 70's. I had a plastic one that I could throw and catch at least one in a 25 times.

So, assuming you didn't make the nearly impossible 200 foot shot, you then have a handful of salt vs pepper spray and a knife. Why is it that everyone seems to want to throw their weapons when keeping them is almost always the preferable strategy?

AndChiefs
07-03-2011, 06:10 PM

It's true, throwing boomerangs about 40 years ago does translate really well when you have one shot across a highway. Once I get close enough and hit you with my pepper spray it will be easy to outmaneuver you and bleed you out with my bowie knife.

AndChiefs
07-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Also, I'm disappointed by the voting so far. Even if he were to try to holding on to the bladed boomerang and fighting me hand to hand with my knife I will easily be able to handle the pepper spray in one hand while holding my own with the knife in the other long enough to pepper him into pain and agony. Then, it's a simple kill.

mlyonsd
07-03-2011, 06:14 PM
So, assuming you didn't make the nearly impossible 200 foot shot, you then have a handful of salt vs pepper spray and a knife. Why is it that everyone seems to want to throw their weapons when keeping them is almost always the preferable strategy?Not only are mine intended to be thrown and recalled, I have two of them.

Plus there's a 50/50 chance if we do get close enough andchiefs might point the pepper spray at himself when I reach back and wing another boomerang.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I doubt you hit him with the boomerangs. Once he gets you with the pepper spray, you are at his mercy.

And traffic is a bitch.

AndChiefs
07-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Not only are mine intended to be thrown and recalled, I have two of them.

Plus there's a 50/50 chance if we do get close enough andchiefs might point the pepper spray at himself when I reach back and wing another boomerang.

You have to deal with traffic while throwing....if one hits a car or a gust of wind takes it the wrong way you have lost your weapon without doing any semblance of damage.

mlyonsd
07-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I doubt you hit him with the boomerangs. Once he gets you with the pepper spray, you are at his mercy.

And traffic is a bitch. Even if he gets that close I'll grab him by the out streched pepper spray arm and literally throw him under a bus. Plus, anyone with a battle boomerang can lop off a hand in one swipe.

AndChiefs
07-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Even if he gets that close I'll grab him by the out streched pepper spray arm and literally throw him under a bus. Plus, anyone with a battle boomerang can lop off a hand in one swipe.

LMAO

mlyonsd
07-03-2011, 06:24 PM
You have to deal with traffic while throwing....if one hits a car or a gust of wind takes it the wrong way you have lost your weapon without doing any semblance of damage.So do you. You can't kill me without watching traffic while you cross. You'll never know what hit you. If it isn't a boomerang it will be OJ driving a white Bronco you didn't see when you ducked.

spida_man23
07-03-2011, 06:25 PM
boomerang guy

alnorth
07-03-2011, 07:02 PM
what the hell, ill go with the battle boomerangs. if you miss, one of em ought to come back within range for you to pick back up.

Maybe he relies too heavily on the pepper spray, misses you with the cloud, and you go in slicing.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 07:11 PM
what the hell, ill go with the battle boomerangs. if you miss, one of em ought to come back within range for you to pick back up.

Maybe he relies too heavily on the pepper spray, misses you with the cloud, and you go in slicing.

Even if the spray gets just skin it burns badly enough he could wince and get blown out of the road by a semi.

mlyonsd
07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Any pepper spray being shot on a busy interstate will prove to be equally detrimental to both the victim and the sprayer.

4th and Long
07-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Pepper spray in traffic = fail. Boomerangs come right back so essentially you never run out of ammo. I also have it on good authority that mlyonsd's great great great granfather was of aboriginal descent, thus giving mlyonsd inherited weapon proficiency.
Posted via Mobile Device

MagicHef
07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I take it you've never thrown a boomerang before. They don't really come right back. Especially on an interstate, you would pretty much have one shot with each.

Otter
07-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I see andchiefs coming in with the backup knife, myslond hitting him in the eyes with salt and pushing him into traffic. An 18 wheeler smushes andchiefs for the win.

Not very dignitary but effective.

ClevelandBronco
07-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Also, I'm disappointed by the voting so far...

Dude, you're getting scrude.

AndChiefs
07-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Dude, you're getting scrude.

Thanks for noticing. :)

Groves
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
This may be one of those environments where nothing really compels the combatants to pursue each other. It's far easier to counterattack here than attack.

That being said. One properly placed boomerang throw into the right traffic will cause a massive pileup and then the highway is clear. Then it's a pepperspray distance vs boomerang distance type of fight.

I go with boomerang unless they suck at throwing boomerangs.

The pepperspray and backup knife takes this one...mostly the backup knife.

mlyonsd
07-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks for noticing. :)If you don't quit posting I'll lop off your last hand.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 10:12 AM
He doesn't have to throw the boomerangs. Realizing that he is not the Joe Montana of boomerang warfare, mlyonsd grips one in each hand and waits for andchiefs to get in close. Are you really going to attack a guy holding two boomerags with pepper spray? Hell no, man.

It's bowie knife vs dual-wield boomerang warrior. I like mlyonsd.

AndChiefs
07-04-2011, 03:04 PM
If you don't quit posting I'll lop off your last hand.

Ehh no one will really notice after you push me under the semi like you promised. :)

Pants
07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
He doesn't have to throw the boomerangs. Realizing that he is not the Joe Montana of boomerang warfare, mlyonsd grips one in each hand and waits for andchiefs to get in close. Are you really going to attack a guy holding two boomerags with pepper spray? Hell no, man.

It's bowie knife vs dual-wield boomerang warrior. I like mlyonsd.

Why WOULDN'T you pepper spray someone with boomerangs in their hands? You're a real dumbass, sometimes, gochiefs.

Gadzooks
07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
mlyonsd is the Morph-Fun champion, that would suggest that he's a great tactician. The victory goes to mlyonsd

MagicHef
07-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Neither one really has a reason to cross traffic. If AndChiefs does, he could catch a boomerang to the head while he is distracted watching the cars. If mlyonsd does, he is just getting himself closer to pepper spray range. AndChiefs has nothing that can reach across the highway, and mlyonsd probably isn't accurate enough at 200 feet to try throwing his boomerangs. I think this would be a really long one, with whoever decides to try to cross first losing.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Why WOULDN'T you pepper spray someone with boomerangs in their hands? You're a real dumbass, sometimes, gochiefs.

Because pepper spray is too easy to avoid and leaves you defenseless.

Pepper spray is a weapon based on the element of surprise. If you see someone coming with it theyre fucked. ESPECIALLY if you have two boomerangs in your hands.

Now, he COULD hold the pepper spray and the knife in separate hands, but do the rules allow for that?

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Pepper spray is a weapon based on the element of surprise. If you see someone coming with it theyre fucked. ESPECIALLY if you have two boomerangs in your hands.

BULLSHIT. Pepper spray is not easy to avoid at close range, if it even touches your skin it hurts enough for you to stumble in the way of a car. Pepperspray is hell. The very essence of hell.

And the boomerang guy already said he would throw them. Which in traffic aiming for somebody 200 feet away who is much shorter than passing semis, means he's not getting them back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 07:10 PM
mlyonsd.

MagicHef
07-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Because pepper spray is too easy to avoid and leaves you defenseless.

Pepper spray is a weapon based on the element of surprise. If you see someone coming with it theyre ****ed. ESPECIALLY if you have two boomerangs in your hands.

Now, he COULD hold the pepper spray and the knife in separate hands, but do the rules allow for that?

Why would the rules not allow for him to hold one in each hand?

mlyonsd
07-04-2011, 08:51 PM
BULLSHIT. Pepper spray is not easy to avoid at close range, if it even touches your skin it hurts enough for you to stumble in the way of a car. Pepperspray is hell. The very essence of hell.

And the boomerang guy already said he would throw them. Which in traffic aiming for somebody 200 feet away who is much shorter than passing semis, means he's not getting them back.

Yes I said I'd throw them. If you were the other guy you'd be dead by now.

Rain Man
07-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Whoa, what's happening in this match?

We're in overtime. Whoever's ahead the next time I check it wins.

AndChiefs
07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Whoa, what's happening in this match?

We're in overtime. Whoever's ahead the next time I check it wins.

People finally realized that I'd definitely take him out. No one on this board would be accurate enough with battle boomerangs to take me out...especially with traffic messing up his throws.

Rain Man
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm back. And in a brutal match, mlyonsd drags his half-blinded and bloody body off the Interstate just in time to avoid a semi, which stops a half-mile later as what's left of andchiefs fouls his drive train.

DJ's left nut
07-05-2011, 10:08 AM
As far as I'm concerned, I killed a man this morning...

mlyonsd
07-05-2011, 10:29 AM
People finally realized that I'd definitely take him out. No one on this board would be accurate enough with battle boomerangs to take me out...especially with traffic messing up his throws.No hard feelings. If you hadn't half blinded me I'd have had the decency to drag you off the intertate so your family could have buried you in something larger than a coffee can.