PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Gladiator Round 1, Match 12: Rain Man vs. BigCatDaddy

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Rain Man:

Net and Trident

Backup bowie knife

Prep Time: 62 seconds

BigCatDaddy:

Derringer (one shot)

No backup weapon

Prep Time: 67 seconds

Venue:

Classic home living room (Starting distance: 18 feet)

Dartgod
07-03-2011, 10:10 PM
A trident and a net? Who are you, Poseidon?

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Ready. Set. Go.

Boom! Hole in Rainman's torso, as he rushes BigCat trident held out in front of him. BCD throws the gun and dinks rainman in the head and he's completely off balance and bleeding still.

Cat Daddy picked up the 3 foot long coffee table and knocks the slowed RM down. Then he takes the trident and beats rainman senseless. Rainman tries to pull out net or knife, no use. Life.. Fading.. Away...

Cat Daddy takes Rainman's knife and cuts his head off and eats it.

Game.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 10:12 PM
A trident and a net? Who are you, Poseidon?

I saw it in the weapons catalog and couldn't resist. I liked the style.

Ebolapox
07-03-2011, 10:13 PM
what's a derringer? I don't want to look it up. I'd guess gun.

kysirsoze
07-03-2011, 10:13 PM
At 18ft, I'm gonna have to go BCD. Sorry, Rainman, but I just don't have enough faith in your trident skills.

Otter
07-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I try to rate as objectivity as possible.

Rain Man gets his feet entangled in the net while adjusting his trident falling over and taking out a lamp. The only source of light in the house. BigCatDaddy rushes him in an attempt to get the upper hand.

Rain Man pulls out his backup knife with no idea what to do with it but in a moment of opportunity and luck it's pointing upwards on the BCD rush. BCD falls on it and Rain Man realizes his blood lust.

It can only be an orgy of blood from here on out.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 10:18 PM
What I have to do here is move fast. As soon as the match starts I'm going to fling the net and then charge, doing the serpentine thing. He'll have to dodge the net or get tangled up in it, and I only have to cover about 12 feet before I'm nailing him with the trident. And with one shot from a small and inaccurate weapon, he's going to have to get really lucky to hit me at all, much less with an incapacitating shot. Most likely he's going to end up tangled up getting pitchforked like a bale of BigHayDaddy. Then I'll cut off his ear and add it to my necklace.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Do you have trident experience, Rainman? Or experience being shot at? Or experience moving quickly?

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 10:20 PM

It killed the guy who freed the blacks.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 10:21 PM
This fight shouldve been in a theater with a production of moby dick playing on stage.

4th and Long
07-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Unbeknownst to BCD there is an aquarium in the living room., filled with man eatiing, flying, piranahas. Lord Poseidon calls upon the power of his magic trident and the killer flying fish spring into action. Having only a single shot weapon, BCD is doomed and eaten alive.
Posted via Mobile Device

SDChiefs
07-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I have to give this to rainman for not giving himself a hydrogen bomb and bcd a bag of flour.

alnorth
07-03-2011, 10:25 PM
ummm, what is the caliber?

I've been quickly looking around google, and the typical caliber for a single-shot derringer is just .22, though they apparently do make some larger single-shot derringers

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 10:25 PM

It's a popgun that guys in the old west hid in their boots, and that saloon girls hid in their corsets. You're not going to beat a fast guy with a net, trident, and bowie knife with one of those.

http://www.armchairgunshow.com/ot53-pix/db-551.jpg

Otter
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
It's a popgun that guys in the old west hid in their boots, and that saloon girls hid in their corsets. You're not going to beat a fast guy with a net, trident, and bowie knife with one of those.

Not to mention you took away his vision. A derringer is highly vision oriented.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Do you have trident experience, Rainman? Or experience being shot at? Or experience moving quickly?

A trident is really just a large fork with one fewer tine. I've been using a fork my entire life.

Shot at? Well, I got shot with an arrow once, and it was only a flesh wound. I also have a reasonable amount of paintball experience.

And as far as moving quickly, I'm virtually catlike. I have the feet of Warren Sapp in his prime. I'm also not particularly wide, so I don't present a big target.

alnorth
If that derringer is not something bigger than 9mm, I'll probably have to vote rain man.

If its a .44, I may have to think about it.

KurtCobain
The TV is blaring in the living I've pictured, and there's two lamps.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 10:30 PM
If that derringer is not something bigger than 9mm, I'll probably have to vote rain man.

If its a .44, I may have to think about it.

I think it's a typical derringer, and I'm pretty sure the typical derringer was a small caliber gun.

alnorth
07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I think it's a typical derringer, and I'm pretty sure the typical derringer was a small caliber gun.

Probably a .22 then. giving BCD the benefit of the doubt, I'll call it a 9mm single shot. (they seem to be fairly common)

Rain man will probably have to go to the hospital, but with just one 9mm round, BCD cant just miss, he has to hit the head or center mass with his one and only shot.

patteeu
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm afraid it would take a really lucky shot with that Derringer to win this thing so I voted Rain Man.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Probably a .22 then. giving BCD the benefit of the doubt, I'll call it a 9mm single shot. (they seem to be fairly common)

Rain man will probably have to go to the hospital, but with just one 9mm round, BCD cant just miss, he has to hit the head or center mass with his one and only shot.

And I have a tiny head. It's like half the size of an average human head.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm her Big Cat Daddy she's my little Miss Honky Tonk......... Brooks 'N Dunn

big nasty kcnut
07-03-2011, 10:54 PM
i hope i'm next i'm ready for a fight.

Otter
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM

Kcnut approaches the victim with a wall of text and says "read this". He has an aneurism and kcnut watches him die for 10 hours waiting for an answer before a bowl movement distracts him.

Fatality!!!!

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm her Big Cat Daddy she's my little Miss Honky Tonk......... Brooks 'N Dunn

okia penz and me are rubbing off on somebody tonight.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Well, you started this race so I'll vote on you FTW.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 12:36 AM

Let's do this, little man. I'll take you and Glenn Bitch while Rich serves me hickity-haw beer and wipes my brow between rounds.
:p

BigCatDaddy
07-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Holy shit! I brought a gun to a knife fight and still lost. You sir Mr Rainman have surpassed DaKCMan in terms of total awesomeness in my eyes.

BigCatDaddy
07-04-2011, 06:42 AM

Like Matt Cassell, from 6 yards away I'm money.

Renegade
07-04-2011, 06:45 AM
What Rainman forgot to mention is that the trident is useless on land, he can only use it as a spear. Without the use of his magic colored car, he has no chance to win this one.

RNR
07-04-2011, 07:58 AM
I went against you Rain Man although you did not specify what caliber the gun was. One center chest shot takes the cowboy out of your ass and he finishes you off rather easily IMO. Admitting this will surely lead to me facing Bwana and his personally trained grizzly bear in the wilderness armed with a paper airplane and no backup weapon~

Infidel Goat
07-04-2011, 08:05 AM
From Rain Man's avatar, it looks like a shot to the head would just pass straight through with no effect on him.

I think Rain Man wins.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Like Matt Cassell, from 6 yards away I'm money.

From Rain Man's avatar, it looks like a shot to the head would just pass straight through with no effect on him.

I think Rain Man wins.

LMAO

Rain Man
07-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Calling this one in my favor, albeit with some powder burns.