PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Gladiator Round 1, Match 13: zooks vs. Fire Me Boy!

Rain Man
07-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Zooks:

Heavy Bow and 6 Explosive-Tipped Arrows

Backup bowie knife

Prep time: 95 seconds

Fire Me Boy!

Native American bow and 6 arrows

Backup bowie knife

Special Factor: You have a Labrador Retriever who runs and tries to play with your opponent

Prep time: 10 seconds

Venue:

A computer lab filled with tables, computers, desks, shelves, and unsuspecting college students (Starting Distance: 20 feet)

Note: in situations involving bystanders, assume that they are unwitting until the match starts, and they will then behave as any person would if two guys suddenly have a dog-infested bow fight while they're trying to write a term paper.

Pants
07-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Gotta go with FMB due to the dog advantage. I assume it would be pretty hard to pull, aim and shoot a bow with a big ol' lab jumping all over you.

Rain Man
07-04-2011, 09:17 AM
This is a tough one. Zooks should have a big advantage here due to weaponry, assuming that he's not morally opposed to killing a few freshmen along with Fire Me Boy!. However, that dog is going to be a big distraction both in shooting and in a potential subsequent knife fight. Plus, I think FMB will be able to fire faster, which will be a key in these small distances.

In a squeaker, I go with FMB and Labbie.

chefsos
07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I think explosive tipped arrows might not be ideal in a closed room at 20 feet.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Zooks requires almost no accuracy with his weapon. All the shrapnel from exploding computer monitors is going to get Fire Me Boy! in the end.

chefsos
07-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Zooks requires almost no accuracy with his weapon. All the shrapnel from exploding computer monitors is going to get Fire Me Boy! in the end.What if he blows everyone up, including himself? Is it a draw?

Rain Man
07-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Zooks requires almost no accuracy with his weapon. All the shrapnel from exploding computer monitors is going to get Fire Me Boy! in the end.

Yeah, that's a good point. Zooks has an advantage in that he's 100% likely to hit something, and that something is going to be in the vicinity of FMB. Plus, it may scare the dog. The more I think about it, maybe I should've voted for zooks.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 10:01 AM
What if he blows everyone up, including himself? Is it a draw?

If he sticks to a corner with desk for cover he should be OK.

mlyonsd
07-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Bowie knife ends the dog diversion rather quickly.

20 feet? I doubt the bows/arrows play much of a factor.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah, that's a good point. Zooks has an advantage in that he's 100% likely to hit something, and that something is going to be in the vicinity of FMB. Plus, it may scare the dog. The more I think about it, maybe I should've voted for zooks.

If these are the same explosive tipped arrows I suggested, FMB is going to be blown to pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hehpyLLMGE&feature=fvst

Fried Meat Ball!
07-04-2011, 10:46 AM
The dog distracts Zooks. While Zooks is trying to stab the dog, I'm getting him with arrows. I have shot a bow many times and am not half-bad. At 20 feet, I put an arrow in his skull before he's able to draw that bow.

Gadzooks
07-04-2011, 10:50 AM
The dog distracts Zooks. While Zooks is trying to stab the dog, I'm getting him with arrows. I have shot a bow many times and am not half-bad. At 20 feet, I put an arrow in his skull before he's able to draw that bow.

I'd be hiding behind a desk. Your crappy arrows won't do shit.
You can't hide from my weapon.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-04-2011, 10:52 AM
I'd be hiding behind a desk. Your crappy arrows won't do shit.
You can't hide from my weapon.

At 20 feet, your explosive tipped arrows blow us both up. Draw.

Gadzooks
07-04-2011, 10:57 AM
At 20 feet, your explosive tipped arrows blow us both up. Draw.

That's only the starting distance. Not knowing the dimensions of the room, I'd assume I could back up then "kaplowee".
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BSbM1wlGC8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fried Meat Ball!
07-04-2011, 11:01 AM
That's only the starting distance. Not knowing the dimensions of the room, I'd assume I could back up then "kaplowee".
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BSbM1wlGC8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, Zooks has shown his weapon with this video. And I'm sorry, that "explosion" was a freakin' firecracker. He can't hit me, and that ain't exactly blowing things around and giving much shrapnel.

Zooks is dead.

I might get injured from that thing, but he ain't killing me with that explosive arrow.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 11:04 AM
It's not, it's the rambo arrow!

YOU'RE DOG MEAT PAL!

http://www.mrnuke.com/pics/hudson1.jpg

Fried Meat Ball!
07-04-2011, 11:08 AM

YOU'RE DOG MEAT PAL!

http://www.mrnuke.com/pics/hudson1.jpg

No, Rain Man didn't specify, that's simply what YOU suggested. I was willing to accept that as his weapon, but by posting his own video, Zooks declined the Rambo arrow in favor of his own choosing. He had the option of showing a bigger, better explosive, but chose this one. And in doing so, sealed his own fate.

He's dead, with an arrow in his skull.

chefsos
07-04-2011, 11:09 AM

YOU'RE DOG MEAT PAL!

http://www.mrnuke.com/pics/hudson1.jpgWell, then they're all dog meat and the dog is...woodchuck meat.

Gadzooks
07-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'll use the Rambo arrow.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I'll use the Rambo arrow.

No, you can't go back now, my friend. You chose the wimpy arrow.

You chose ... poorly.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss220/tomway/51239434.gif

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I was willing to accept that as his weapon, but by posting his own video, Zooks declined the Rambo arrow in favor of his own choosing.

LMAO

This tournament is one of the best planet thingies ever.

Gadzooks
07-04-2011, 11:18 AM
No, you can't go back now, my friend. You chose the wimpy arrow.
The explosiveness of the arrow will effect my strategy greatly.
The wimpy arrow will let me fight in closer quarters while the Rambo arrow will make me careful of debris. Either way you're gonna go BOOM!!!11!!!
Here’s a conceptual photo of FMB:
http://www.fosi.com/images/Firework_2.jpg
Happy 4 of July

SNR
07-04-2011, 01:39 PM
When the fight begins, college students are going to be flipping out. You don't want wimpy arrows. You want explosive shit that's going to rape faces.

Zooks has this.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
When the fight begins, college students are going to be flipping out. You don't want wimpy arrows. You want explosive shit that's going to rape faces.

Zooks has this.

Have you seen his explosive arrows? Let me remind you:

I've seen Black Cats do more damage.

Gadzooks
07-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Have you seen his explosive arrows? Let me remind you:

I've seen Black Cats do more damage.

First and foremost, I did not choose those arrows. I merely posted an amateur video of a home made explosive arrow.
Secondly, I believe that even the wimpy arrow would take off the closest member to where it struck, (i.e. arm, leg, wiener, head).
Thirdly, I'm aware of your love of BBQ and that probably means you're a nice, big target.

Victory is mine…

Fried Meat Ball!
07-04-2011, 03:40 PM
First and foremost, I did not choose those arrows. I merely posted an amateur video of a home made explosive arrow.
Secondly, I believe that even the wimpy arrow would take off the closest member to where it struck, (i.e. arm, leg, wiener, head).
Thirdly, I'm aware of your love of BBQ and that probably means you're a nice, big target.

Victory is mine…

By posting that vid, you made your choice. Live widit.

And that thing ain't taking off an arm or a leg. Maybe a finger.

SNR
07-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Victory is mine…The monocle probably screws up his depth perception, too.

Gadzooks
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM
. Maybe a finger.

I did mention wiener

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Zooks is close to losing his mind. Therefore his insanity in battle will carry him through.

Zooks.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm aware of your love of BBQ and that probably means you're a nice, big target.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5360/ohhhh.gif

kysirsoze
07-04-2011, 07:16 PM
No, Rain Man didn't specify, that's simply what YOU suggested. I was willing to accept that as his weapon, but by posting his own video, Zooks declined the Rambo arrow in favor of his own choosing. He had the option of showing a bigger, better explosive, but chose this one. And in doing so, sealed his own fate.

He's dead, with an arrow in his skull.

I think Rainman really needs to weigh in on what he has or doesn't have. By your rationale, He could have said he has a special FMB face seeking explosive arrow designed specifically to completely destroy your face. I imagine you would have protested that one.

Rain Man
07-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Match over, and zooks stands over FMB's slightly blown-up corpse.

DJ's left nut
07-05-2011, 10:02 AM
None of the people that voted for FMB have ever owned a labrador.

There's a very good chance that Zooks blows himself up trying to get rid of the hyper labrador that keeps running under his feet and jumping on his chest.

Seriously - there's no way Zooks gets a shot off w/ the dog around. And while he's trying to use the bowie knife to kill the pooch, FMB could finish the job (because seriously, there's no way Zooks doesn't hesitate before he plunges a bowie knife into a smiling labrador with that big ol' otter tail swinging around...)

Booo....too much emphasis on weaponry and not enough on how effective it would be given the surrounding circumstances. A) He'd be unlikely to get a shot off and B) in such close quarters, an explosive arrow would likely blow him up as well unless FMB was foolish enough to not take cover and close the gap between them.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
None of the people that voted for FMB have ever owned a labrador.

There's a very good chance that Zooks blows himself up trying to get rid of the hyper labrador that keeps running under his feet and jumping on his chest.

Seriously - there's no way Zooks gets a shot off w/ the dog around. And while he's trying to use the bowie knife to kill the pooch, FMB could finish the job (because seriously, there's no way Zooks doesn't hesitate before he plunges a bowie knife into a smiling labrador with that big ol' otter tail swinging around...)

Booo....too much emphasis on weaponry and not enough on how effective it would be given the surrounding circumstances. A) He'd be unlikely to get a shot off and B) in such close quarters, an explosive arrow would likely blow him up as well unless FMB was foolish enough to not take cover and close the gap between them.

Yep. Will you speak at my funeral?