PDA

View Full Version : News anyone else following the Casey Anthony trial?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

banyon
07-04-2011, 01:46 PM
If so, what would your verdict and what do you think happened?

I didn't start following it until Saturday, but I can't stop watching somehow. It's a slow motion train wreck.

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Put some anti-freeze in those delicate little veins.

mlyonsd
07-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I can't really judge her since I haven't been following the trial or evidence. One thing I have picked up from headlines is her family is completely screwed up.

banyon
07-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I can't really judge her since I haven't been following the trial or evidence. One thing I have picked up from headlines is her family is completely screwed up.

That's one of the most outrageous things in the trial I think. The defense made all sorts of allegations that Casey was sexually molested and abused in their opening and then produced absolutely zero evidence on that topic and had to drop it out of their closing.

From the actual trial, I don't think her family was screwed up at all, I think it was just a desperate smear ploy to detract attention from her.

banyon
07-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Also, this TGI Friday's waiter getting held in contempt during the trial was some comic relief amongst the heavy drama:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CLos0aNQMRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod
07-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Haven't been following it, but I do wonder how the hell they can make the jurors deliberate over a holiday weekend?

I'd send the bitch to jail just for that.

4th and Long
07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
This has zero impact on my day to day life so I couldnt give a tiny rats ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
07-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Haven't been following it, but I do wonder how the hell they can make the jurors deliberate over a holiday weekend?

I'd send the bitch to jail just for that.

They're sequestered, so I think they want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Okie_Apparition
07-04-2011, 02:36 PM
I care less about Anthony getting fried as I do Nancy Grace & that other bitch from CNN. I believe you will find their pictures under cunt in the dictionar;y

banyon
07-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I care less about Anthony getting fried as I do Nancy Grace & that other bitch from CNN. I believe you will find their pictures under **** in the dictionar;y

I get the Nancy Grace hate, but who's the "other bitch"?

BigRedChief
07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
This has zero impact on my day to day life so I couldnt give a tiny rats ass.
Posted via Mobile DeviceTHIS!

The average American can probably tell me all the details of the trial but couldn't answer basic history or science questions.:shake:

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 02:46 PM
THIS!

The average American can probably tell me all the details of the trial but couldn't answer basic history or science questions.:shake:

Try me. I'm average.

4th and Long
07-04-2011, 02:55 PM
THIS!

Exactly!
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
That's one of the most outrageous things in the trial I think. The defense made all sorts of allegations that Casey was sexually molested and abused in their opening and then produced absolutely zero evidence on that topic and had to drop it out of their closing.

From the actual trial, I don't think her family was screwed up at all, I think it was just a desperate smear ploy to detract attention from her.

I think the defense started out on completely the wrong foot by introducing allegations against others during their opening statements. The prosecution spent most of their time trying to determine how the baby died, and, IMO, nothing to really seal the deal that it was Casey that did it. The defense could have easily put doubt in the minds of the jurors. Instead, they make these allegations, fail to back them up, and make themselves look like fools as well. Defense doesn't have to prove anything. They just have to put enough disproof in the prosecutions allegations as to cause reasonable doubt. Whether she did it or not, there were several occasions where I was shocked at the judge's rulings. I'd say mistrial just from incompetence of all involved.

4th and Long
07-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Try me. I'm average.
Average pot heads dont count.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
07-04-2011, 03:00 PM
THIS!

The average person that pays absolutely no attention to things that don't directly effect them probably couldn't answer a valid question on any relevant historical or current topic.

To each their own, just sayin.

Kyle DeLexus
07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Based on the cases presented, I could not give a homicide verdict. Child neglect, and any other charge that could apply to put her away for 5-10 years, but the prosecution really failed to prove much in the way that Casey killed her daughter.

banyon
07-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I think the defense started out on completely the wrong foot by introducing allegations against others during their opening statements. The prosecution spent most of their time trying to determine how the baby died, and, IMO, nothing to really seal the deal that it was Casey that did it. The defense could have easily put doubt in the minds of the jurors. Instead, they make these allegations, fail to back them up, and make themselves look like fools as well. Defense doesn't have to prove anything. They just have to put enough disproof in the prosecutions allegations as to cause reasonable doubt. Whether she did it or not, there were several occasions where I was shocked at the judge's rulings. I'd say mistrial just from incompetence of all involved.

What ruling(s) of the judge shocked you? I think he's done an admirable job of keeping order in this chaotic trial while not grandstanding at all for the cameras.

banyon
07-04-2011, 03:21 PM
THIS!

In fact, many have compared the public interest in this trial with the Roman gladiator/lion contests.

I may be guilty of that to myself to a degree, since I don't think I would've started following this if e.g., the Chiefs were in Week 17 with the playoffs on the line.

banyon
07-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Based on the cases presented, I could not give a homicide verdict. Child neglect, and any other charge that could apply to put her away for 5-10 years, but the prosecution really failed to prove much in the way that Casey killed her daughter.

It's very common in child homicide cases to proceed solely with circumstantial evidence, since very usually, the killing was done in private and eyewitnesses are rare, it is not captured on camera, and the child isn't around to testify.

I am convinced for my part that there is no other reasonable explanation for the totality of circumstances presented by the prosecutors.

Saul Good
07-04-2011, 03:28 PM
It's very common in child homicide cases to proceed solely with circumstantial evidence, since very usually, the killing was done in private and eyewitnesses are rare, it is not captured on camera, and the child isn't around to testify.

I am convinced for my part that there is no other reasonable explanation for the totality of circumstances presented by the prosecutors.

She's kind of hot, though. Have you taken that into account?

Okie_Apparition
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Jane Velez Mitchell, she seems to be a Nancy Grace clone. I don't have the patience to give her more than 35 seconds. 35 seconds is like forever in tv time, or so it seems

banyon
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
She's kind of hot, though. Have you taken that into account?

Yes, I did, hence I didn't vote for the death penalty.

(kidding, er, mostly... :p )

Guru
07-04-2011, 03:31 PM
This damn trial is getting too much coverage. So many more important things going on in this world than to be covering this all ****ing day long.

banyon
07-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Jane Velez Mitchell, she seems to be a Nancy Grace clone. I don't have the patience to give her more than 35 seconds

Other than the fact that she's on the same network, she's not screaming "tot mom!" at the top of her lungs, cutting off her guests' microphones, or talking about the guilt as a foregone conclusion before the trial even begins.

Rain Man
07-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Yes, I did, hence I didn't vote for the death penalty.

(kidding, er, mostly... :p )

the crazy hot ones should get life, not death, because imagining them on a hot, still summer night, removing their prison smock in service to a pair of buff larger inmates, is the only way they can give somethng back to society.
Posted via Mobile Device

Predarat
07-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I think she is guilty as hell and hope she does not get off easy just because she is female.

RNR
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Also, this TGI Friday's waiter getting held in contempt during the trial was some comic relief amongst the heavy drama:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CLos0aNQMRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a pompous tool. He could have handled that quickly without wasting everyone's time. He was enjoying being on camera and flapping his jaw~

Reerun_KC
07-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Actually I had zero clue she or the trial even existed until I logged in to CP just now...

My question is? Why does anyone with a life even care?

Just Passin' By
07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
I know nothing about the woman, or the trial, other than what I was able to see when I googled her picture.

She's not attractive, so she must be guilty.

Pants
07-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I know nothing about the woman, or the trial, other than what I was able to see when I googled her picture.

There are a couple of pics of her out there with make up on. She's pretty hot IMO.

Discuss Thrower
07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I feel these sensationalized trials are a miscarriage of justice.

Also, would anyone give a damn if Caylee Anthony was a little black girl?

crispystl420
07-04-2011, 04:39 PM
What a pompous tool. He could have handled that quickly without wasting everyone's time. He was enjoying being on camera and flapping his jaw~

Agreed, that was a grandstanding power trip.

4th and Long
07-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Regardless of the verdict, unless some laws are changed in the near future, Ms. Anthony is going to live a long life.

Florida has two means of execution, which the convicted get to choose from. Electic chair and lethal injection. If she's sentenced to death and has brain one in her head, she'll choose lethal injection.

Pentothal is what was used to knock you out. It's no longer available in the United States. 3 states have switched to pentobarbital (the medication used to put animals to sleep) . Those states are OK, AZ and TX.

One way or another, Ms. Anthony is going to be around a while, boys and girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
07-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Regardless of the verdict, unless some laws are changed in the near future, Ms. Anthony is going to live a long life.

Florida has two means of execution, which the convicted get to choose from. Electic chair and lethal injection. If she's sentenced to death and has brain one in her head, she'll choose lethal injection.

Pentothal is what was used to knock you out. It's no longer available in the United States. 3 states have switched to pentobarbital (the medication used to put animals to sleep) . Those states are OK, AZ and TX.

One way or another, Ms. Anthony is going to be around a while, boys and girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, not to mention a long drawn out appeals process.

4th and Long
07-04-2011, 05:04 PM
She's pretty hot IMO.
You must REALLY like pepperoni pizza!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/.a/6a00d83451c3cb69e20120a629eb46970c-500wi

Loads of back acne! YUMMY!

kysirsoze
07-04-2011, 05:07 PM

Give her a break. She's been stress eating ever since brutally murdering her daughter.

BigRock
07-04-2011, 05:21 PM

I don't know much about this trial other than the basics, but the one part I did see was when Casey's brother was testifying. This dude tells a story about how his family didn't tell him his sister was pregnant or some such thing, and he started to openly weep.

The story itself was weird... like why wouldn't they tell him? But the guy telling it through his veil of tears was just as bad. Maybe he seemed like a perfectly normal chap in the rest of his testimony, I dunno. But it seems safe to say that Casey is a bit fucked up, and from what I saw, her brother could probably be painted with that brush.

And if the two kids are screwed up, then at least one of the parents surely is too.

listopencil
07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
It was on in the break room today at work. I noticed her boobs while I was smoking and eating. That's about it. Oh, and something about tape.

Mr. Laz
07-04-2011, 05:36 PM
haven't watch a single second of it

is that the woman that allegedly killed her kids?

Okie_Apparition
07-04-2011, 05:45 PM
They put her hair in a bun...guilty

luv
07-04-2011, 06:01 PM
What ruling(s) of the judge shocked you? I think he's done an admirable job of keeping order in this chaotic trial while not grandstanding at all for the cameras.

There have been a few things that he either allowed or disallowed into evidence that I thought were questionable. I think he's handled it pretty well otherwise.

I still don't see how they can determine that Casey did anything. They couldn't even prove how she died. There are some things she did where I could see people hanging her for murder for. Who doesn't report their child missing for 31 days? I just don't see where the prosecution, regardless of whether the evidence was circumstantial or not, prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Florida law seems to be a bit different, though. Does it have to be beyond reasonable doubt, or do they just have a preponderance of evidence like we do in civil litigation?

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-04-2011, 06:04 PM

This works for me too.

JD10367
07-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm tired of hearing about it. I tend to keep the TV on CNN or CNN Headline News and it's all they talk about half the time.

Just fry the bitch already. It's clear that she did it. It's clear that it's horrific and inexcusable. I don't care how screwed up the family was. I don't care if her brother was anally raping her on a nightly basis since she was 10. No matter what other evidence or stories or circumstances they talk about, there is one simple irrefutable fact: she killed her beautiful little girl, and in the process she duct-taped her mouth shut. Apparently the defense is that the kid drowned in the pool. News flash: if a child is dead, there's no fucking reason to duct-tape her mouth shut. She did it. Zap her. After first giving her to the general prison population for them to enjoy for about a month, I'd say. Let her get every hole filled on a daily basis until she welcomes electrocution.

notorious
07-04-2011, 06:59 PM
She is a piece of shit, but it's hard to argue that she's not physically attractive.

http://patrishka.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/b-casey-anthony-lays-s-4235ab0f1765.jpeg?w=450

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_4590_images/0718081323_M_071708_CaseyAnthony.jpg

http://www.oneangryman.com/ken/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/casey-anthony-bj.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 07:06 PM

This. I just don't know enough and I haven't kept track.

banyon
07-04-2011, 07:25 PM
There have been a few things that he either allowed or disallowed into evidence that I thought were questionable. I think he's handled it pretty well otherwise.

Ok, but can you give an example? There are legal reasons for the inclusion or exclusion of evidence that may have nothing to do with judicial bias.

I still don't see how they can determine that Casey did anything. They couldn't even prove how she died. There are some things she did where I could see people hanging her for murder for. Who doesn't report their child missing for 31 days? I just don't see where the prosecution, regardless of whether the evidence was circumstantial or not, prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Other than not liking the circumstantial evidence (which is allowed and often times necessary in criminal prosecutions), what is the particular reasonable doubt that you feel strongly about, if there is one?

Florida law seems to be a bit different, though. Does it have to be beyond reasonable doubt, or do they just have a preponderance of evidence like we do in civil litigation?

The standard is the same in all 50 states and the federal courts in criminal trials. The defendant must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

banyon
07-04-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't know much about this trial other than the basics, but the one part I did see was when Casey's brother was testifying. This dude tells a story about how his family didn't tell him his sister was pregnant or some such thing, and he started to openly weep.

The story itself was weird... like why wouldn't they tell him? But the guy telling it through his veil of tears was just as bad. Maybe he seemed like a perfectly normal chap in the rest of his testimony, I dunno. But it seems safe to say that Casey is a bit ****ed up, and from what I saw, her brother could probably be painted with that brush.

And if the two kids are screwed up, then at least one of the parents surely is too.

I didn't see the brother's testimony, so your summary of it is definitely something I have not factored into my thinking yet. I will have to find it.

banyon
07-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, not to mention a long drawn out appeals process.

The attorneys on both sides of the Carr brothers case are still filing appeal paperwork in the Kansas Supreme Court. They are some of the most despicable human beings in human history and they were sentenced to Death in 2002. That case won't be decided probably for another 3 years, and then they'll start their federal appeals. :huh:

MIAdragon
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM

yea he's going to get canned.

Just Passin' By
07-04-2011, 07:40 PM
She is a piece of shit, but it's hard to argue that she's not physically attractive.

Different tastes. She does absolutely nothing for me.

The Bad Guy
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM

Thanks for chiming in, Whitlock.

Brainiac
07-04-2011, 08:38 PM

That's a pretty racist comment.

Ever hear of Precious Doe? A hell of a lot of people gave a damn.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 08:43 PM
That's a pretty racist comment.

Ever hear of Precious Doe? A hell of a lot of people gave a damn.

I remember Precious Doe. It's been a long time since I'd thought about her.

Brainiac
07-04-2011, 08:52 PM

What's your definition of a "reasonable" doubt? Based upon Casey's actions, I don't see how any reasonable person could not be absolutely convinced that Casey Anthony killed her daughter.

I thought the prosecutor summed it up pretty nicely when he said that nobody would take an accidental death and make it look like a murder. If Caylee died in the swimming pool, they wouldn't have wrapped duct tape around her face and dumped her body in the woods. They would have called 911.

When you combine that with Casey's behavior immediately after the "disappearance" of her daughter, it's pretty damning evidence. There are simply too many pieces that fit perfectly into the puzzle: Casey's Internet searches for chloroform and neck breaking, Casey's request to borrow a shovel from her neighbor at the exact same time that her car reeked of the odor of a dead body, and her total indifference to the fact that her daughter was "missing". If I had a two-year old daughter who was missing, I don't think I'd be partying it up and getting "Beautiful Life" tattooed on my back.

Face it: the bitch is guilty as hell.

listopencil
07-04-2011, 08:58 PM
NSFW

http://pibillwarner.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/casey-anthony-ass.jpg

Brainiac
07-04-2011, 09:01 PM
NSFW

http://pibillwarner.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/casey-anthony-ass.jpg

She does have a nice ass. Too bad it will be on death row.

SnakeXJones
07-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Why is everybody saying this bitch is "Hot" ? I dont see it

Brainiac
07-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Why is everybody saying this bitch is "Hot" ? I dont see it
She's not beautiful, but she's hot in a slutty way. She's got big boobs, a thin waste, and nice ass.

She's not smokin' hot, but she's hot.

SnakeXJones
07-04-2011, 09:06 PM
She's not beautiful, but she's hot in a slutty way. She's got big boobs, a thin waste, and nice ass.

She's not smokin' hot, but she's hot. She looks like one of those pornstars that is way out of of her prime and her meat curtains hang like elephant ears

Discuss Thrower
07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks for chiming in, Whitlock.

Someone had to fill his shoes. I'm working on the weight thing, dunno how I'm going to overcome the whole white thing.

But more than the race angle is the fact I don't honestly see how a defendant in a highly publicized case can get a fair trial. Banshees like Nancy Grace pretty much condemn them from the start.

banyon
07-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Someone had to fill his shoes. I'm working on the weight thing, dunno how I'm going to overcome the whole white thing.

But more than the race angle is the fact I don't honestly see how a defendant in a highly publicized case can get a fair trial. Banshees like Nancy Grace pretty much condemn them from the start.

Yeah, but the jurors don't go home and listen to Nancy Grace during the trial, they were sequestered.

In addition, they were questioned to almost a ridiculous degree about what media coverage they had been exposed to.

I get that the "court of public opinion" condemned her ahead of time perhaps, but the jurors?

Just Passin' By
07-04-2011, 09:46 PM

Most people don't listen to Nancy Grace.

Mr_Tomahawk
07-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Does she get naked?

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2011, 10:07 PM
From Wiki: The following diary entry by Casey Anthony is dated "June 21" and reads:
I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out OK. I completely trust my own judgment and know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see – This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow– I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people – I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change.[56]Could this evil cunt be referring to murdering her daughter?

luv
07-04-2011, 10:20 PM
What's your definition of a "reasonable" doubt? Based upon Casey's actions, I don't see how any reasonable person could not be absolutely convinced that Casey Anthony killed her daughter.

I thought the prosecutor summed it up pretty nicely when he said that nobody would take an accidental death and make it look like a murder. If Caylee died in the swimming pool, they wouldn't have wrapped duct tape around her face and dumped her body in the woods. They would have called 911.

When you combine that with Casey's behavior immediately after the "disappearance" of her daughter, it's pretty damning evidence. There are simply too many pieces that fit perfectly into the puzzle: Casey's Internet searches for chloroform and neck breaking, Casey's request to borrow a shovel from her neighbor at the exact same time that her car reeked of the odor of a dead body, and her total indifference to the fact that her daughter was "missing". If I had a two-year old daughter who was missing, I don't think I'd be partying it up and getting "Beautiful Life" tattooed on my back.

Face it: the bitch is guilty as hell.

I think she was in on hiding the body. There for a while, our class was talking about the possibility that she owed for drugs, the drug dealer killed her daughter, and she couldn't tell anyone about it or more of her family would get it, too. I definitely think they have her on obstruction of justice and accessory. If I'm putting someone on death row, I want to have zero doubt in my mind that they're guilty.

I know people are saying kill the bitch because she was a bad mother, she's hot but not too hot, etc. I just take putting someone on death row, which ultimately costs more money due to time for appeals, the costs of appeals, etc., a bit more seriously.

Al Czervik
07-04-2011, 10:27 PM
The attorneys on both sides of the Carr brothers case are still filing appeal paperwork in the Kansas Supreme Court. They are some of the most despicable human beings in human history and they were sentenced to Death in 2002. That case won't be decided probably for another 3 years, and then they'll start their federal appeals. :huh:

110% dead on about the Carr Brothers....

I would pay huge sums to have 30 minutes and some steel toed boots
with those worthless, pieces of shit cowards....

Brock
07-04-2011, 10:34 PM
I think she was in on hiding the body. There for a while, our class was talking about the possibility that she owed for drugs, the drug dealer killed her daughter, and she couldn't tell anyone about it or more of her family would get it, too. I definitely think they have her on obstruction of justice and accessory. If I'm putting someone on death row, I want to have zero doubt in my mind that they're guilty.

I know people are saying kill the bitch because she was a bad mother, she's hot but not too hot, etc. I just take putting someone on death row, which ultimately costs more money due to time for appeals, the costs of appeals, etc., a bit more seriously.

There are infinite numbers of crackpot theories one could construct around the case, but the facts are these: The child was "missing" for a month and she lied about the child's whereabouts the entire time. The body was found in a manner that all but confirms foul play. Her defense has thrown up a bunch of crazy nonsense about being molested, the child accidentally drowned, blah blah blah.

The state hasn't proved premeditation or intent, but this girl is guilty of a wrongful death, period.

DJJasonp
07-04-2011, 10:35 PM
I apologize if already mentioned.....

Am I the only one who sees the defense attorney having a striking resemblance to Maury Levy (the attorney for Barksdale, Stringer Bell, and Marlo in "The Wire")???????????

Just Passin' By
07-04-2011, 10:42 PM
There are infinite numbers of crackpot theories one could construct around the case, but the facts are these: The child was "missing" for a month and she lied about the child's whereabouts the entire time. The body was found in a manner that all but confirms foul play. Her defense has thrown up a bunch of crazy nonsense about being molested, the child accidentally drowned, blah blah blah.

The state hasn't proved premeditation or intent, but this girl is guilty of a wrongful death, period.

What has the state proven, in your opinion?

luv
07-04-2011, 10:43 PM

Yes, the defense has been completely fucked up. And I agree with you on the premeditation and intent. I think that, if found guilty, they should rule out the death penalty.

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2011, 10:44 PM
I know people are saying kill the bitch because she was a bad mother, she's hot but not too hot, etc. I just take putting someone on death row, which ultimately costs more money due to time for appeals, the costs of appeals, etc., a bit more seriously.I dont give a shit if it costs more to execute her. She is sub-human and does not deserve to inhabit this planet. Feed her to the fishes.

Brock
07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
What has the state proven, in your opinion?

Very little, to be honest.

ClevelandBronco
07-04-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.oneangryman.com/ken/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/casey-anthony-bj.jpg

Can someone please explain the fish face to me? When did it become the pose of choice for young females?

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 12:16 AM

Really? You think she hid the body in a swamp from what exactly? Do you hate evidence that much? She made searches on her computer for chloroform 3 months before her murder. High levels of chloroform found in the trunk. That is premeditation.
She made up the nanny character two years before hand. That IS premeditation.
You don't see intent either? Her reason for intent is actually tatooed on her skin. She made a screenname or password, timer55, which reflected she had a time limit of 55 days before her daughters 3rd birthday and everyone finding out the truth. She had 55 days of living what she thought to be the good life cause it was without her daughter. Murder one, every time.
For whatever reason you ignore evidence, even whithout the premeditation it is still felony murder.

BigRock
07-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Can someone please explain the fish face to me? When did it become the pose of choice for young females?

It's a kiss. They're making love to the camera.

YOU BETTA WORK

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z2wrU2tkl38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Her parents went on a media blitz for 3 years telling anyone who would listen they still stand by their daughter. Even got up on the stand and got caught in lies. I feel sorry for them too in a way but that bad apple doesn't fall too far from that tree. Only person that cares for justice for that little girl is the prosecution.

Al Czervik
07-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Her parents went on a media blitz for 3 years telling anyone who would listen they still stand by their daughter. Even got up on the stand and got caught in lies. I feel sorry for them too in a way but that bad apple doesn't fall too far from that tree. Only person that cares for justice for that little girl is the prosecution.

Nailed it....

johnny961
07-05-2011, 12:32 AM

This is kinda how I see it. I haven't really followed the case until the last couple of days or seen all the evidence so its kinda hard for me to judge what the hell did happen.

Brainiac
07-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Are these the same drug dealers that killed O.J. Simpson's wife?

I mean, seriously, come on. Not even her sleazy defense lawyer made that claim. If you want to make up possible scenarios to suggest her innocence, why not just say space aliens did it?

To be honest, it sounds more like you're searching for a reason to find her not guilty.

I take it seriously too. This is such a heinous and shocking crime that the death penalty is appropriate.

The only possibility that I can imagine where this was not premeditated murder would be that Casey tried to use chloroform to sedate Caley so that Casey could go have some "quality" time with her boyfriend, and she accidentally killed her, panicked, and dumped the body. Or maybe she put duct tape on her mouth to keep her from crying.

Either way, it's still felony murder, which means it's first degree murder.

luv
07-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Are these the same drug dealers that killed O.J. Simpson's wife?

I mean, seriously, come on. Not even her sleazy defense lawyer made that claim. If you want to make up possible scenarios to suggest her innocence, why not just say space aliens did it?

To be honest, it sounds more like you're searching for a reason to find her not guilty.

I take it seriously too. This is such a heinous and shocking crime that the death penalty is appropriate.

The only possibility that I can imagine where this was not premeditated murder would be that Casey tried to use chloroform to sedate Caley so that Casey could go have some "quality" time with her boyfriend, and she accidentally killed her, panicked, and dumped the body. Or maybe she put duct tape on her mouth to keep her from crying.

Either way, it's still felony murder, which means it's first degree murder.

I didn't watch every minute of the trial. I was actually forced to pay attention because my teacher thought it was interesting. Everyone is saying she's a horrible mother, so she deserves to die. Just because she's a horrible mother doesn't mean she killed her. All I'm saying is, from what I did watch the prosecution didn't convince me. They did convince me that she was a bad mom. I'm just not a member of the lynch mob. I also haven't voted in the poll, because I don't know.

Al Bundy
07-05-2011, 06:36 AM
The state did a less than stellar job of presenting the case, but I still believe she did it.

banyon
07-05-2011, 06:53 AM

The jury isn't deciding right now whether or not she goes on death row.

They are deciding her guilt. The death penalty would be considered in a 2nd phase where she will first be allowed to present mitigating evidence.

Steron
07-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I haven't read the entire thread (I only read page 1). I can't see how they can convict her on murder one. The evidence just isn't there. I believe she did it. Voluntary or involuntary is the question. I think they hang the jury and she gets retried on a lesser charge. Murder one? I can't see it.

Predarat
07-05-2011, 07:58 AM
110% dead on about the Carr Brothers....

I would pay huge sums to have 30 minutes and some steel toed boots
with those worthless, pieces of shit cowards....

Instead of the death penalty they should be giving life in prison but take away the cruel and unusual rule and let those bastards be tortured the rest of their worthless lives.

MOhillbilly
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM
stone her.

tooge
07-05-2011, 08:03 AM

guy goes in to testify that he saw her out partying or something like that, next thing you know hes getting ass raped forcibly and violently for 6 days in the orange county jail for giving someone the bird. Interesting

loochy
07-05-2011, 08:09 AM
rofl

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/458049_f496.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/464683_f520.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/922218_f520.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/464685_f496.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/458035_f520.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/922216_f496.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/922231_f520.jpg

4th and Long
07-05-2011, 08:16 AM
I haven't read the entire thread (I only read page 1). I can't see how they can convict her on murder one. The evidence just isn't there. I believe she did it. Voluntary or involuntary is the question. I think they hang the jury and she gets retried on a lesser charge. Murder one? I can't see it.
The state has zero DNA evidene. Their case for premeditated murder is built on theory alone. It was a huge risk to even bring that to the table.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I haven't read the entire thread (I only read page 1). I can't see how they can convict her on murder one. The evidence just isn't there. I believe she did it. Voluntary or involuntary is the question. I think they hang the jury and she gets retried on a lesser charge. Murder one? I can't see it.How do you involuntarily put duct tape over your 2 year olds mouth?

Pants
07-05-2011, 09:02 AM

Yes because that's the pic I was talking about in my post. Don't be a dumbass.

http://buzzreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Casey-Anthony-Personal-Photo-Sexy.jpg

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 09:03 AM
I didn't watch every minute of the trial. I was actually forced to pay attention because my teacher thought it was interesting. Everyone is saying she's a horrible mother, so she deserves to die. Just because she's a horrible mother doesn't mean she killed her. All I'm saying is, from what I did watch the prosecution didn't convince me. They did convince me that she was a bad mom. I'm just not a member of the lynch mob. I also haven't voted in the poll, because I don't know.Wow. You think she's innocent. Awesome.

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 09:04 AM

Either way, it's still felony murder, which means it's first degree murder.This. Off with her head.

MIAdragon
07-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Wow. You think she's innocent. Awesome.

I'm not sure how anyone can actually think that.

loochy
07-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure how anyone can actually think that.

Maybe it's a woman sticking up for her....just like blacks stuck up for OJ.

Steron
07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
How do you involuntarily put duct tape over your 2 year olds mouth?

Casey Anthony is a reprehensible human being and I believe she is guilty of something. I do not believe that the state has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she murdered her daughter. Especially not murder one which is premeditated murder. There is no smoking gun. Their entire case is based upon conjecture and theoretical evidence.

Did she put the duct tape on her mouth? I don't believe I have read or heard anything where she admitted to that.

This is the problem I have with discussing this or similar cases with people. You have to be able to separate your emotions from the facts. The news media has had her tried and convicted for weeks. Most people you talk to say she's guilty and she needs to die. The defense had to prove her not guilty instead of the prosecution having to prove her guilty.

As I said before, I think this will result in a hung jury and a re-trial under a lesser charge.

luv
07-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Wow. You think she's innocent. Awesome.

I didn't say that, either. I'm saying that I don't think the prosecution did what they set out to do. The opinion I gave is based on looking objectively at how both parties did their jobs. You are not being objective and letting emotion dictate your judgment.

Pants
07-05-2011, 09:31 AM
I didn't say that, either. I'm saying that I don't think the prosecution did what they set out to do. The opinion I gave is based on looking objectively at how both parties did their jobs. You are not being objective and letting emotion dictate your judgment.

What do you, personally, think happened if you look at it objectively? I'm not talking about the jobs the attorneys are doing or how the legal system works.

SDChiefs
07-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Actually I had zero clue she or the trial even existed until I logged in to CP just now...

My question is? Why does anyone with a life even care?

A little girl was murdered. My question is how can an adult human not care?

loochy
07-05-2011, 09:45 AM
My question is how can an adult human not care?

By not knowing anyone involved, that's how.

JD10367
07-05-2011, 09:55 AM
A lot of you need to see your optometrists. You're obviously blind.

She looked up "chloroform" on the Internet.

She borrowed a shovel.

The child's mouth was duct-taped.

A dead body was in the back of her trunk at some point.

She didn't report the child missing for a while.

She went out and partied hard and got a tattoo.

How much evidence do you need? Do you think all court cases come with a confession, or videotape evidence of the crime in progress? Of course not. Almost ALL court cases are conjecture. But when there's a preponderance of evidence, well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... And we're not talking about things that could even remotely have been planted. No one "planted" the fact that she didn't report the child missing, or didn't seem to care. She's a stone cold child killer. Zap her like a fucking bug.

4th and Long
07-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Casey Anthony is a reprehensible human being and I believe she is guilty of something. I do not believe that the state has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she murdered her daughter. Especially not murder one which is premeditated murder. There is no smoking gun. Their entire case is based upon conjecture and theoretical evidence.

Did she put the duct tape on her mouth? I don't believe I have read or heard anything where she admitted to that.

This is the problem I have with discussing this or similar cases with people. You have to be able to separate your emotions from the facts. The news media has had her tried and convicted for weeks. Most people you talk to say she's guilty and she needs to die. The defense had to prove her not guilty instead of the prosecution having to prove her guilty.

As I said before, I think this will result in a hung jury and a re-trial under a lesser charge.
This.

Well said.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM
What do you, personally, think happened if you look at it objectively? I'm not talking about the jobs the attorneys are doing or how the legal system works.

I think she was involved. I don't know to what extent.

I find it very hard to separate my opinion from how the attorneys have done their jobs, since their job is presenting facts (or theories) in order for people to form opinions.

Iowanian
07-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I haven't watched very much other than news reports, but I did hear her snotty, bullshit phone conversation with 911, while her mother was torn apart, she sounded like a petulant teenager being asked about being late for her curfew, instead of a distraught mother of a missing child.

Just once, I'd like to hear something from the defense about her grief over losing the child. No parent of a missing child goes out and parties like that.

She did it.

JD10367
07-05-2011, 10:15 AM
When they zap her, they should let O.J. hold her hand in comfort. 2-for-1 special.

Pants
07-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I haven't watched very much other than news reports, but I did hear her snotty, bullshit phone conversation with 911, while her mother was torn apart, she sounded like a petulant teenager being asked about being late for her curfew, instead of a distraught mother of a missing child.

Just once, I'd like to hear something from the defense about her grief over losing the child. No parent of a missing child goes out and parties like that.

She did it.

NOT NUFF EVIDENCE!

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 10:20 AM

She borrowed a shovel.

How much evidence do you need? Do you think all court cases come with a confession, or videotape evidence of the crime in progress? Of course not. Almost ALL court cases are conjecture. But when there's a preponderance of evidence, well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... And we're not talking about things that could even remotely have been planted. No one "planted" the fact that she didn't report the child missing, or didn't seem to care. She's a stone cold child killer. Zap her like a fucking bug.

This.

There is no need to ignore the glaring evidence that she did it, and planned it way in advance by the computer searches 2 months before, the nanny character "zanny", who she told the cops and everyone else did it, she made her up years in advance. That is premeditation for you people that don't get it.

Everything from the crime scene, which was a few houses down from her house got tied to her and her house including the heart shaped sticker she put on the duct tape over her mouth.

suzzer99
07-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Here is what I thought was a pretty good take into what actually happened, from some chick on my poker forum who is obsessed with the case:

In regards to what really happened - here is my take. I have been following this case for years and some info came out that isn't being covered in the trial. I will fill it in to the best of my ability and what I recall and believe to be correct. I also have my take on what happened and why. This is extremly long but if anyone is interested, here goes.

Regarding why Casey went from a seemingly normal mother to a cold calculating child killer -

First off, Casey did not want Caylee. Casey wanted to adopt her out but Cindy convinced her to keep the baby. Casey is a narcissist and sociopath and really only cares about herself. George and Cindy were ecstatic about having a grandchild and doted on her.

I believe Casey kept Caylee as a bargaining chip. She had some power over her parents because of Caylee, and they put up with far more than most parents would likely because they didn't want to lose their grandchild.

Casey didn't work but had every comfort of someone who did. A nice home, a car, cell phone, clothes, was able to go out and drink and party and had quite a comfortable life. Everything was provided for Caylee by George and Cindy. Casey stole to supplement her spending as well, but for the most part Casey had a free ride because of her child.

What won't come out at trial is that the last time Caylee was seen alive was when Cindy and Casey had a horrible fight. The day before Caylee supposedly drowned (the defense theory - not that I buy it at all) Cindy brought her to visit her great grandfather (Cindys father) who was in hospice care. The great grandfather informed Cindy that Casey had stolen from him. He had given Casey a check for her birthday and she used that to steal more money from him.

Casey had many issues with Cindy, there were power issues and Casey had behavior issues and had stolen from her parents before. Cindy was a controlling figure in the home by the accounts of many people who knew the family. When Cindy heard about the stealing from her own father, she exploded. Cindy testified that the night she came home from the hospice (which I believe was fathers day) she and Casey watched videos of her ailing father in hospice and cried.

The warm recollection of the events that day do not seem to be true. People have stated that Cindy was in a rage over hearing about the stealing from her own sick father, and confronted Casey. Supposedly, Cindy told Casey that it was the final straw, that Casey was an unfit mother and she was going to kick Casey out and seek full custody of Caylee. This was the last time Caylee was seen alive.

Casey long resented her parents attention given to Caylee. She was jealous of her own daughter. Casey had, in the past, told Cindy she thought something was wrong with her and wanted to see a psychiatrist. Cindy talked her out of it. I think Cindy feels tremendous guilt about this now.

Casey displayed many times that she disliked the attention Caylee got. She was engaged to a nice young man who loved Caylee very much. A normal single woman would appreciate the man she was about to marry loving her child and treating her like his own. Instead she resented it.

She broke up with him (Jesse Grund) and the reason given was that he loved Caylee more than her. After Caylee had "gone missing" Casey was showing pics of her to people searching for her. When someone pointed out that Caylee looked very cute in one - Caseys immediate reaction was "I look cute in that picture too!". There was a constant need for Casey to be the center of attention and Caylee interfered with that need.

Caylee was also getting to the point where she was very vocal. She was intelligent and even was able to count to 40 in Spanish. Since Casey was pretending to work and have a job and drop Caylee off with a nanny every day, the little girl becoming vocal would soon interfere with Casey's ability to continue this farce. I think the fact that Casey hated Cindy in some ways, resented Caylee in others and felt her facade was about to crumble led to the computer searches she made.

I think she started contemplating killing Caylee months before and the fight about stealing from Cindys father was the catalyst that led to Caylee being murdered. People have stated that Cindy was so infuriated she literally wrapped her hands around Caseys neck and started to choke her. This is a far cry from Cindys testimony in court. I think Casey left in a rage and decided to get the ultimate revenge on her parents. I also wonder if Caylee said something right after this fight like "I want to go home, or I want grandma" that pushed Casey over the edge.

Caylee was a meal ticket and bargaining chip for Casey. When Cindy threatened to have Casey arrested for stealing and take custody of Caylee, Casey no longer had any need for Caylee. She had a need for revenge though. She had a need to keep her secrets hidden and Caylee would have soon let them out.

I think Cindy has testified falsely on Caseys behalf for a few reasons. I can't imagine the guilt and pain she must be suffering. If Casey wanted to go for help and Cindy talked her out of it, I can see Cindy feeling responsible for some of this. Also, if the fight really was the catalyst (which I truly believe) Cindy would have to ask herself if she caused Casey to kill her beloved grandchild.

So in Cindys mind, to deal with everything, that fathers day went great. Cindy and Casey sat on the couch full of warmth and love and nothing happened. This is her way of coping in my opinion. No (normal) mother wants her child to get the death penalty. I am sure Cindy carries enough guilt and feels she can no longer protect Caylee but may be able to protect Casey. I am not happy with her lying about the events of fathers day or the computer searches, but I do understand it.

The fight between Cindy and Casey will not be brought in to the trial (unless Baez somehow messes that up as well) because it is hearsay (I think that is why it was excluded). I also feel that if Casey is found guilty, Cindy will have to admit that her argument may have led to Caylees death. If she is found not guilty - then maybe it really wasn't her fault. If someone else did it, not Cindys fault. If Caylee died in an accident - not Cindys fault.

I think if convicted she will have to face that she got Casey in a rage who left with her grandchild and Casey took the ultimate revenge on her. This is I think motivates Cindy to try to help Casey. How can Cindy live with thinking that her actions caused the horrific murder of her beloved Caylee? I am in no way saying it is Cindys fault - I do believe she would feel the brunt of the guilt though.

There is no way I think Kronk hid the body either. It doesn't add up for many reasons.

First of all - the defense claims he was waiting for reward money to increase. This makes no sense, since the reward was for a living child. It is beyond reason to think this man found the body, hid it sucessfully for months (smell of decomp nowhere near anything of Kronks) and reburied it. If he was going to risk life without parole or the death penalty carrying around the corpse of the most prominent missing child in the media, he would have made sure there actually was a reward.

Also - Kronk had no way of knowing where Caseys pet cemetery was. This is where Caylee's remains were found. No way this is a coincidence and he just got super lucky to place them there. Again - Casey would have to be the unluckiest person in the world.

Lastly regarding Kronk - this was not allowed in at trial. When remains were supposedly located while Casey was in jail - she had no reaction to the news. Zero. Nothing at all. I believe on 2 occasions it was believed Caylee was found and Casey kept her composure and remained calm. The day that Caylee really was found - Casey panicked and completely freaked out.

She couldn't breathe, doubled over and needed medication to calm down. The fact that she panicked only when the real remains were found (they hadn't been confirmed through dna yet) shows she had guilty knowledge of Caylees whereabouts. Had Kronk hidden them, she would not have know. So to think he could have happened upon her pet cemetery by luck and that she somehow psychically knew this time it was really Caylee is out of the scope of reason.

Sorry so long - I am fairly obsessed with this case as I am sure everyone can see by now.

Steron

She borrowed a shovel.

If you sifted through my Google word searches you'd think I was some kind of weirdo. I'm not sure that looking up the word chloroform proved premeditation.

One would assume that there would be some type of DNA evidence.There hasn't been a shred. No motive. No smoking gun. No real evidence of any kind. The prosecution has nothing. Nothing at all to prove premeditated murder. All they have proven is that Casey was a terrible parent and that she lied to the cops.

ForeverChiefs58

She did it.

The defense brought in a grieving expert who had never spoken to tot mom or knew anything about the case just to generalize that everyone grieves differently. The defense gave her a hypothetical about a young mother from a dysfunctional family. It was awesome cause it opened the door for on cross, the prosecutor gave another hypo that told of just a couple of her lies while daughter was dead and the Dr. admitted that was different from grief.

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I think she was involved.
She was involved, as in she killed her child.

Discuss Thrower
07-05-2011, 10:35 AM
From what I've been forced to see by my mother's involvement with this trainwreck, I'm of the opinion Mother of the Century wanted Caylee to be quiet for an extended period of time for whatever reason one can hypothesize. So she tried to knock her out with chloroform, and part of me thinks this was a recurring theme with her, except this time it ended in the young girl's death. Panic, to some degree, ensues and culminates with final disposition of the body.

JD10367
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM
If you sifted through my Google word searches you'd think I was some kind of weirdo. I'm not sure that looking up the word chloroform proved premeditation.

One would assume that there would be some type of DNA evidence.There hasn't been a shred. No motive. No smoking gun. No real evidence of any kind. The prosecution has nothing. Nothing at all to prove premeditated murder. All they have proven is that Casey was a terrible parent and that she lied to the cops.

I won't adress your comments about motive and "real evidence", but when it comes to DNA you're a victim of what the courts unfortunately call "the C.S.I. mentality". If every court case needed DNA evidence, the jails would be empty and the crime rate through the roof.

Iowanian
07-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Parents of stolen toddlers don't avoid calling police or involving their parents for a month and then make up a lie about who did take the kid once their parents jump their ass out of concern.

boogblaster
07-05-2011, 10:37 AM
the whole bunch are F'd up monkeys ....

JD10367
07-05-2011, 10:39 AM
From what I've been forced to see by my mother's involvement with this trainwreck, I'm of the opinion Mother of the Century wanted Caylee to be quiet for an extended period of time for whatever reason one can hypothesize. So she tried to knock her out with chloroform, and part of me thinks this was a recurring theme with her, except this time it ended in the young girl's death. Panic, to some degree, ensues and culminates with final disposition of the body.

That might cover the choloroform computer-search. Doesn't explain the duct tape, the shovel, the partying, the lack of reporting it, the lack of remorse, etc.,.

She.

Fucking.

Did.

It.

By design, probably. By accident, maybe there's a redheaded pubie of a chance. Bottom line, she killed her daughter.

Now, if you want to argue "life in prison" vs. "death penalty", that topic could go on forever. Yes, it's more costly for the death penalty thanks to numerous appeals. Yes, it would be nice if they could quickly and cheaply zap someone. No, it's probably not going to happen thanks to the slim chance someone might be innocent. Yes, it may be more pain and suffering if they simply incarcerate her for life without parole and let her be some bunkmate's bitch for the rest of her life. But as for guilt? I think they proved it.

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 10:42 AM

You are leaving out that then the chloroform was found in the trunk of her car along with a hair from her dead child. She look up how to make chloroform and all the ingredients in it. A gatoraid bottle was also found near the body with a syringe of ingredients including cloroform and others looked up on her computer.

If your computer searches were also found in the trunk of your car with your dead kid then you would get murder one as well.

I fear she might get a lesser charge because some people are really needing a video tape of the killing to accept it.

Brock
07-05-2011, 10:43 AM
This.

There is no need to ignore the glaring evidence that she did it, and planned it way in advance by the computer searches 2 months before, the nanny character "zanny", who she told the cops and everyone else did it, she made her up years in advance. That is premeditation for you people that don't get it.

No, those things do not prove premeditation or planning. The state's case isn't good enough for capital murder.

JD10367
07-05-2011, 10:43 AM
No, those things do not prove premeditation or planning. The state's case isn't good enough for capital murder.

Look up "oblivious" in the dictionary, your picture's in there.

Discuss Thrower
07-05-2011, 10:44 AM
That might cover the choloroform computer-search. Doesn't explain the duct tape, the shovel, the partying, the lack of reporting it, the lack of remorse, etc.,.

She.

Fucking.

Did.

It.

By design, probably. By accident, maybe there's a redheaded pubie of a chance. Bottom line, she killed her daughter.

Now, if you want to argue "life in prison" vs. "death penalty", that topic could go on forever. Yes, it's more costly for the death penalty thanks to numerous appeals. Yes, it would be nice if they could quickly and cheaply zap someone. No, it's probably not going to happen thanks to the slim chance someone might be innocent. Yes, it may be more pain and suffering if they simply incarcerate her for life without parole and let her be some bunkmate's bitch for the rest of her life. But as for guilt? I think they proved it.

No, I agree, she was more than likely the instrument of her daughter's demise. But as of now I'd give the edge that she killed her out of being a moron then tried to cover up, Either way she's probably a criminal, though I don't think the prosecution did enough to state the case for capital murder.

Furthermore, she had no remorse in either case, intentional or accidental, because, IMHO, she viewed her daughter as a burden to her partygoing ways.

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Doesnt really matter if she is given the death penalty. She will likely be killed in prison.

Iowanian
07-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Does the Jury have the ability in FL to return a guilty of a lesser charge verdict?

Brock
07-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Does the Jury have the ability in FL to return a guilty of a lesser charge verdict?

Yes.

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 10:59 AM

Really? Why not?

Most people with any knowledge of the law think that it is the perfect example of premeditation and planning, including the prosecutors from the state of florida.

The prosecutors from the state of florida know a little something about the law; Jeff Ashton 30 years of experience and being the very first prosecutor in the US to introduce DNA evidence in a court of law for example.

Brock
07-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Really? Why not?

Most people with any knowledge of the law think that it is the perfect example of premeditation and planning, including the prosecutors from the state of florida.

The prosecutors from the state of florida know a little something about the law; Jeff Ashton 30 years of experience and being the very first prosecutor in the US to introduce DNA evidence in a court of law for example.

Well, there isn't any reason for the prosecutors NOT to attempt to show premeditation or planning. They have nothing to lose, the girl is obviously guilty of some type of wrongful death, so why not try for capital murder? Either way, she's never leaving prison.

RedNFeisty
07-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I believe the bitch killed her child. I believed that after the story first broke out and they didn't have Caylee's body yet. Doesn't matter what the courts can prove, IMO, just look at the mothers behavior and actions. Granted, the courts have made a complete debacle of the case, still doesn't change the fact this person killed her daughter.

Just Passin' By
07-05-2011, 11:09 AM

She.

****ing.

Did.

It.

A lot of the things you're pointing to are really not evidence as much as things that trigger an emotional response from onlookers.

Partying, an apparent lack of remorse and the lack of reporting the child missing aren't really evidence of what happened. The woman could be spending 18 hours praying in a convent, begging the Lord for forgiveness for allowing this to happen, and she could have been calling the police from the moment the child 'went missing', and she could still have been the one responsible for the death.

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM

There are seven charges or counts in this case. Each count must stand on its own during jury deliberations. If Casey Anthony is convicted of each charge, she will be sentenced for all convictions at the same time, and while she has to be sentenced for each charge, the judge does not have to give her jail time for each charge.

Each crime has a separate minimum and maximum sentence, but the actual sentence a defendant receives depends on a formula in Florida’s Criminal Punishment code. Judge Perry can sentence Casey Anthony to the maximum penalty for each count. The minimum sentence, however is dependant upon the criminal punishment code. There are reasons for a judge to give a lesser sentence than that required under the Criminal Punishment Code. In my opinion though, none of those reasons will convince the judge to give Casey Anthony a lesser sentence.

I must provide one other caveat- the calculations I have done are estimates. Until the actual sentencing date, the actual minimum sentence will be undetermined, but my estimates are close.

Lastly, for each count listed below, I have added the other charges Ms. Anthony may also be convicted of along with the primary charge. Accordingly after each paragraph you will find the minimum sentence for all crimes of conviction if the highest level of crime is the one listed in the heading for each paragraph.

Count One, First Degree Murder: If Casey Anthony is convicted of first degree murder, regardless of whether it is on a theory of Pre-meditated Murder or Felony Murder she will receive at a minimum a life sentence. A life sentence in Florida is a true life sentence, which means there is no parole or early release. A defendant convicted of first degree murder only leaves prison after his or her death. The only alternative to a life sentence is death by execution.
Lesser Included of Count One, Second Degree Murder: (depraved mind murder, not premeditated) The maximum penalty for Second Degree Murder is a life sentence. The minimum sentence is based on the Criminal Punishment Code. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 24 years, 6 months.

Count Two, Aggravated Child Abuse: The maximum penalty for aggravated child is 15 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 12 years, 1 month.

Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child: If Casey Anthony is convicted of causing the death of Caylee by culpable negligence the maximum sentence is 30 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 16 years and 6 months.

Counts Four Through Seven, Giving False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer in Reference to a Missing Person: The charge in these four counts carries a maximum of one year in county jail for each count. As a result if convicted of all four of these counts, Casey Anthony could receive a sentence of four years if the sentence for each count is run consecutively.

Just Passin' By
07-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Well, there isn't any reason for the prosecutors NOT to attempt to show premeditation or planning. They have nothing to lose, the girl is obviously guilty of some type of wrongful death, so why not try for capital murder? Either way, she's never leaving prison.

In Florida, those convicted of Manslaughter spend an average of about 19 years in prison.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/timeserv/annual/section2.html#murder

4th and Long
07-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Doesn't matter what the courts can prove
That rather flys in the face of this little thing we call the judicial process of The Constitution of the United States of America. It's what this nation is founded on. Maybe you have heard of it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
In Florida, those convicted of Manslaughter spend an average of about 19 years in prison.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/timeserv/annual/section2.html#murder

How about second degree murder?

Al Bundy
Verdict has been reached.

luv

I'd agree with you, but, actually, they would have something to lose by going for more than they think they can obtain. The trial. You charge someone with what you know you can win. Justice isn't always just. One of the first things I learned. You examine the facts of the case with what you know you can prove, and you go from there. Attorneys are more often than not, in it to win it. If they don't think they can win it, prosecution will go for lesser judgments or private defenders may not even take the case.

Brock
07-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I'd agree with you, but, actually, they would have something to lose by going for more than they think they can obtain. The trial. You charge someone with what you know you can win. Justice isn't always just. One of the first things I learned. You examine the facts of the case with what you know you can prove, and you go from there. Attorneys are more often than not, in it to win it. If they don't think they can win it, prosecution will go for lesser judgments or private defenders may not even take the case.

They are charging her with first degree murder, second degree murder, and manslaughter. One of those is going to stick.

luv
That rather flys in the face of this little thing we call the judicial process of The Constitution of the United States of America. It's what this nation is founded on. Maybe you have heard of it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Due process throws a major wrench into public opinion sometimes.

luv
They are charging her with first degree murder, second degree murder, and manslaughter. One of those is going to stick.

I'm going to predict second.

Al Bundy
07-05-2011, 11:31 AM
I am going to predict a first degree murder conviction.

Pants
07-05-2011, 11:33 AM
The little girl should have been given to the g-parents and the skank should have been spayed. Everyone would be happy right now. Oh well.

vailpass
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Verdict has been reached.

Already? Not good for the defendant.

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 11:39 AM

I meant why do you think this doesn't meet the burden for premeditation and planning? Her computer searches months in advance and coming up with her "alabi of a nanny" years in advance?

You know she didn't just go out and buy chloroform at the local walgreens? they don't make it anymore which is why she looked up how to make it so she could make it herself. Do you know what is in chloroform? Nothing you would ever put near your child. Shockingly high levels of chloroform found in her trunk makes past searches for it premeditation every time in the eyes of the law.

vailpass
07-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Wonder if they will go after the mother for claiming she was the one who performed the internet searches on chloroform?

Dunit35
07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Did that blonde girl really go into the court room wearing pajama bottoms? Hold her in contempt for wearing pajamas.

ROYC75
07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I'll call it, guilty on 2nd degree and all lesser charges.

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 11:47 AM

No. She is charged with First Degree Murder, Aggravated Child Abuse, and Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child...

and four counts of Giving False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer in Reference to a Missing Person.

jury decides what is appropriate charges.

vailpass
07-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Will she off herself?

Pants
07-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Will she off herself?

Her mother might.

Brainiac
07-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I say that she will be convicted of first degree murder. Then we can spend another week or two on the death penalty phase of the trial.

ForeverChiefs58
07-05-2011, 11:52 AM
verdict will be read at 2:15 p.m. EDT.

Brock
07-05-2011, 11:53 AM
No. She is charged with First Degree Murder, Aggravated Child Abuse, and Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child...

and four counts of Giving False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer in Reference to a Missing Person.

jury decides what is appropriate charges.

I guess I misread your earlier post about her charges.

Pawnmower
07-05-2011, 11:53 AM
verdict reached

Steron
07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
You are leaving out that then the chloroform was found in the trunk of her car along with a hair from her dead child. She look up how to make chloroform and all the ingredients in it. A gatoraid bottle was also found near the body with a syringe of ingredients including cloroform and others looked up on her computer.

If your computer searches were also found in the trunk of your car with your dead kid then you would get murder one as well.

I fear she might get a lesser charge because some people are really needing a video tape of the killing to accept it.

Why wouldn't her hair have been in the trunk? I assume she's ridden in the car many, many times.

Steron
07-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I guess we'll know in about 15 minutes.

Al Bundy
07-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Casey looks petrified.

Spott
07-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Fry the cunt.

Predarat
07-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Lets go Jury, send her to hell!

Steron
07-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Casey looks petrified.

As would any of us, I assume.

Brainiac
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM

In about 5 minutes this jury will prove you wrong.

QuikSsurfer
07-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Casey looks petrified.

she does indeed...

linky http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream1

ForeverChiefs58
Why wouldn't her hair have been in the trunk? I assume she's ridden in the car many, many times.

Hair from a live body=nothing

Hair from dead daughter=guilty.

Hair from daughter had "death band" on it telling that it came out in her trunk after she was already dead.

Brainiac

Does your toddler ride in the trunk?

vailpass
Her mother might.

That poor woman. I remember feeling just horrible for her dad too when they found the body and his belief in his daughter turned to horror.

vailpass
07-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Hair from a live body=nothing

Hair from dead daughter=guilty.

Hair from daughter had "death band" on it telling that it came out in her trunk after she was already dead.

Oopsie poopsie.

Steron
07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Does your toddler ride in the trunk?

No but their diapers have been changed in parking lots in the trunk when they were younger. As were there car seats stowed there when not in use. I would only assume their hair and DNA is in my trunk.

QuikSsurfer
07-05-2011, 12:14 PM
here we go

Al Bundy
07-05-2011, 12:15 PM
IMO the prosecution did a horrible job here. Both sets of attorney's will be facing sanctions after this.

Discuss Thrower
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Wow.

QuikSsurfer
holy fucking shit!!

Al Bundy
Holy shit.... not guilty on those big charges. The prosecutor did a shit job.

Steron
07-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Murder One - Not guilty.

Aggravated Child Abuse - Not guilty.

Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child - Not guilty

There was no evidence to convict her. I'm not surprised. The lack of hard evidence doomed this case from the start.

Spott
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
You have to be shitting me.

Dunit35
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Pathetic

Discuss Thrower
07-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Prosecution has done McFucked up.

TrebMaxx
07-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Unbelievable....

loochy
07-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Pathetic

This country is turning into one giant vagina.

vailpass
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Unreal. Biggest travesty sinced OJ. Hopefully some social justice occurs.

mikey23545
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
OJ II

Steron
07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know what the possible sentencing is for Providing False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer?

gblowfish
Well, tonight she can go out and get faced and maybe get a tattoo....

Predarat
If that were a man, he would have been sent straight to the chair.

Fat Elvis

Like a book deal.

Demonpenz
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
this is one time that Tosh.0 needs a web redemption

vailpass
Well, tonight she can go out and get faced and maybe get a tattoo....

Yep. Hope she doesn't have some sort of accident.

Dunit35
Does anyone know what the possible sentencing is for Providing False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer?

Not long, county jail time.

Spott
So she'll probably get time served for the lying to law enforcement officers. I can't imagine how this bitch will be able to go anywhere in this country without somebody trying to rip her head off.

Predarat
07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
And about a month ago a jury of 12 rendered a guy that got robbed in a convience store guilty for defending his life against armed robbers.

kcpasco
Wow
I can't believe that lying bitch got off

JD10367
What an absolute fucking joke.

I had little faith in the judicial system. Now I have none.

Apparently, there are 12 people in Florida who are fucking retards.

This is disgusting.

And, yeah, I hate to say it, but... if she wasn't white and cute, she would've been found guilty.

Jesus H. on a fucking raft. You can Google search chloroform, borrow a shovel, put your dead child's body in your trunk with her mouth duct-taped shut, not report her for 31 days, and then go out and party... and get off scott-free.

Today, I'm sickened to be an American.

loochy

Can't the cops just publicly announce her release date and say something like "oh no, I hope she doesn't get assasinated /sarcasm"? Then they could claim "uh, we can't find out who did it."

Al Bundy
07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Murder One - Not guilty.

Aggravated Child Abuse - Not guilty.

Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child - Not guilty

There was no evidence to convict her. I'm not surprised. The lack of hard evidence doomed this case from the start.

In the end you are correct. No one wins here. R.I.P. Caylee.

Brainiac
07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
If that were a man, he would have been sent straight to the chair.

Now she can start looking for the real killers.

loochy
07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
There are rumors that she confessed to Oprah's producer and that she will confess in a live special edition of Oprah.

WebGem
07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Fuck yes!!!!!! Casey fucking Anthony! Words cannot describe how happy I am for that wonderful woman who has been treated so horribly the last few years!

Posted via Tapatalk

kcpasco
07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I can understand not guilty on murder 1

How and the fuck did this jury find her not guilty of manslaughter

memyselfI
07-05-2011, 12:30 PM
It is FLORIDA. Home of the butterfly ballot and idiots everywhere...Not surprised in the slightest.

Chocolate Hog
Reminds me of when Michael Jackson got off for molesting kids.

WebGem
What an absolute fucking joke.

I had little faith in the judicial system. Now I have none.

Apparently, there are 12 people in Florida who are fucking retards.

This is disgusting.

And, yeah, I hate to say it, but... if she wasn't white and cute, she would've been found guilty.

Jesus H. on a fucking raft. You can Google search chloroform, borrow a shovel, put your dead child's body in your trunk with her mouth duct-taped shut, not report her for 31 days, and then go out and party... and get off scott-free.

Today, I'm sickened to be an American.

UMAD BRO?

ROFL

CASEY ANTHONY > YOUR FKN LIFE

Posted via Tapatalk

CaliforniaChief
07-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Why do I think she'll end up going free and then doing something relatively minor and getting convicted/thrown away for that?

Character flaws always reveal themselves.

Unfortunately this time they revealed to 12 people who are dumber than dumb.

Dunit35
07-05-2011, 12:31 PM
What a joke and the publics GPA has fallen further. She'll admit it someday.

Gonzo
07-05-2011, 12:32 PM
What a crock of shit. Ok, let's just say on the off chance that she did not kill her child, wouldn't she at least get neglect or abuse or something????

JFC

Discuss Thrower
07-05-2011, 12:33 PM
This is the other side of the coin to "12 Angry Men".

kcpasco
YA KEEP SMILING BITCH

Brainiac

Racist comments like that get really old. O.J. Simpson was neither white nor cute, and his acquital was a worse travesty than this one.

So STFU about her being white and cute.

Predarat
07-05-2011, 12:34 PM
This is the other side of the coin to "12 Angry Men".

Yes, this one is 12 fucking idiots.

Steron
Before anyone thinks I am some type of ghoul. I am not. I said from the start that I believed she was guilty of something. I didn't know of what though. The prosecution did not prove, in my mind, beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it. I felt certain that she would get convicted, deservedly, of a lesser charge.

4th and Long
Under Florida law, the maximum penalty a person convicted of providing a false report to law enforcement about any crime, a first degree misdemeanor, is a one-year prison term and a fine of $1,000. However, for a person convicted of providing a false report about a capital felony, the maximum penalty is a five-year prison term and a fine of $5,000. The severity of the prison term and fine given, however, is up to the discretion of the sentencing judge and varies depending on the facts of the case, the prior criminal record of the defendant and his willingness to cooperate with law enforcement.

Fat Elvis
Note to self: Using the name "Zanny" is a perfect alibi for explaining why your child, and I assume any other person, is missing.

Mr. Fat Elvis, where is Red5?
"I believe he is out with Zanny."
And where is Zanny?
"Uh, Zanny got into a wreck and is in dispose now."
Mr. Fat Elvis, you are free to go now....

Brock
Wow. That's actually pretty funny.

Steron
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
What a crock of shit. Ok, let's just say on the off chance that she did not kill her child, wouldn't she at least get neglect or abuse or something????

JFC

Completely and totally agree.

Chocolate Hog
Who was the prosecutor? Lionel Hutz?

vailpass
Under Florida law, the maximum penalty a person convicted of providing a false report to law enforcement about any crime, a first degree misdemeanor, is a one-year prison term and a fine of $1,000. However, for a person convicted of providing a false report about a capital felony, the maximum penalty is a five-year prison term and a fine of $5,000. The severity of the prison term and fine given, however, is up to the discretion of the sentencing judge and varies depending on the facts of the case, the prior criminal record of the defendant and his willingness to cooperate with law enforcement.

If we could get her a 5 day stay in general population the inmates might be able to work that into a death penalty.
I'm just sayin'.

4th and Long
I can understand not guilty on murder 1

How and the **** did this jury find her not guilty of manslaughter
It's called a lack of evidence, if you go by the letter of the law. No credible DNA, no smoking gun, nada.

MIAdragon
07-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Karma's a bitch. She will get hers.

ChiefsandO'sfan
sad day

4th and Long
If we could get her a 5 day stay in general population the inmates might be able to work that into a death penalty.
I'm just sayin'.
Given the high profile nature of the case, Mr. Biaz would ask that she be placed away from the general population and in all likelyhood, the judge would grant that motion.

loochy
Racist comments like that get really old. O.J. Simpson was neither white nor cute, and his acquital was a worse travesty than this one.

So STFU about her being white and cute.

Rich and famous > white and cute. In fact, rich and famous > all.

ChiefsandO'sfan
07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Even the OJ jury thinks this verdict is ridiculous.

Steron

So worst case scenario is 15 years and $15,000. It will be interesting to see if the Judge gives her the max sentence.

ROYC75
It's called a lack of evidence, if you go by the letter of the law. No credible DNA, no smoking gun, nada.

This, the DA didn't have a solid case and left themselves open for leaving a massive hole for reasonable doubt.

Casey has just became a millionaire, book deal, movie deal, etc.

WebGem
It disgusts me how much time she spent in jail for a crime she isn't guilty of. It fucking disgusts me.

Posted via Tapatalk

MIAdragon
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
It disgusts me how much time she spent in jail for a crime she isn't guilty of. It ****ing disgusts me.

Posted via Tapatalk

You're a fucking idiot.

loochy
Karma's a bitch. She will get hers.

He's waiting for you Casey.

http://www.freevistafiles.com/image/FearIsHere-com+Blood-Curdling-Halloween-Wallpaper.png

Phobia
I don't know crap about the lady but now I fully expect to see her virginity up for auction on eBay for $10,000,000.

loochy
It disgusts me how much time she spent in jail for a crime she isn't guilty of. It fucking disgusts me.

Posted via Tapatalk

What in the blue hell is wrong with you?

loochy
07-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't know crap about the lady but now I fully expect to see her virginity up for auction on eBay for $10,000,000.

She already gave it away on the Craigslist free section

RedNFeisty
The verdict is in.....Not Guilty...she needs to die.

vailpass
You're a ****ing idiot.

Don't respond and it will go away or get itself banned.

kcpasco
This, the DA didn't have a solid case and left themselves open for leaving a massive hole for reasonable doubt.

Great now she can go out a party with all that money

MIAdragon
07-05-2011, 12:41 PM
The verdict is in.....Not Guilty

Totally new information!! Thanks.

Steron
The verdict is in.....Not Guilty

You're a couple pages too late! ;)

ChiefsandO'sfan
Casey will get movie and book deals and live a nice happy life while there will never be justice for Caylee.. This country is f'd up!

luv
Wow. I didn't think she'd get murder 1, but I really thought she'd get everything else.

MIAdragon
Don't respond and it will go away or get itself banned.

my fault.

RedNFeisty

I just heard

Iowanian
07-05-2011, 12:42 PM
http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/markbrown/WindowsLiveWriter/4ea7b83bab54_9107/Chewbacca_Defense_2.jpg

If I ever get into deep shit, I know which defense I'm using.

Dunit35
As 4th says.

Hopefully, she gets a full five year sentence for each guilty sentence and gets no time served credit.

vailpass
my fault.

Hard not to do. I neg repped it before I realized I was feeding it.

DJ's left nut
"Beyond a reasonable doubt" has become an impossible standard when monied defense attorneys get involved.

Good defense attorneys simply spend most of a trial re-defining 'reasonable' and by the end of the trial, many jurors see the burden of proof as "Beyond all doubt".

It's the double-edged sword of advances in criminal investigation techniques. 20 years ago, Anthony gets the chair for this, IMO (just as OJ gets the chair for it today). But as technology has evolved, jurors essentially have to be beaten about the head and neck with evidence to dispose of 'reasonable' doubt.

I don't think the prosecutors did a great job, but they weren't sanctionable either. They did a fairly average job with the prosecution, IMO. Ultimately, I believe this was an unfortunate result and perhaps a little surprising. However, it really isn't all that shocking given the proclivities of jurors anymore. The most surprising part is how quickly that verdict came back. When it came out that soon, I figured she was toast.

I'll say this: I'm not going to call any of those jurors 'fucking idiots' or assholes or whatever you want to call them. By the time I eat dinner tonight, I'm not going to care one way or the other about this. Ultimately those 12 people will live with this decision the rest of their lives and knew that when they submitted their verdict. In light of that, they were still comfortable sending Anthony free. So be it.

Al Bundy
07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Facebook and twitter have blown the fuck up.

Steron
Wow. I didn't think she'd get murder 1, but I really thought she'd get everything else.

Yup. Me too.

luv
So worst case scenario is 15 years and $15,000. It will be interesting to see if the Judge gives her the max sentence.

Wasn't she guilty on all four of those counts? Wouldn't that be 20 years and $20,000?

4th and Long

Going for premeditated murder was a HUGE mistake on the part of the state. Had they have focused on some sort of manslaughter charge, she'd likely be behind bars right now. The first degree murder charge white washed the manslaughter charge.

kcpasco
I can't watch these lawyers talk

They make me want to puke

Brock
07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Going for premeditated murder was a HUGE mistake on the part of the state. Had they have focused on some sort of manslaughter charge, she'd likely be behind bars right now. The first degree murder charge white washed the manslaughter charge.

YEP.

DJ's left nut
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM

And there you have it.

"No credible DNA"....

Like I said - jurors suddenly believe the lack of DNA evidence means a case is garbage. Ultimately, its just not true.

Lack of evidence does not mean the absence of evidence. The fact that there wasn't significant DNA evidence pointing to anyone else is evidence in its own right. Here the lack of evidence is evidence that someone tried to cover his/her tracks.

As such, you start to look at the surrounding circumstances to ask who that person may be. Everything seems to point in one direction here.

DNA evidence, as useful as it has become, has really fucked up the barometer of 'reasonable' doubt in American jurisprudence.

Steron
Wasn't she guilty on all four of those counts? Wouldn't that be 20 years and $20,000?

Was it four counts? My Live Feed kept crapping out. If so, you are correct.

Stinger
It disgusts me how much time she spent in jail for a crime she isn't guilty of. It ****ing disgusts me.

Posted via Tapatalk

You're a ****ing idiot.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/demotivational-posters-trolling.jpg

Demonpenz
07-05-2011, 12:46 PM
*takes sunglasses off* WHooOOooOOoo are You whoooOooO HooOOooOO hoOOoooOOoo.

Omaha
07-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Totally new information!! Thanks.

I guess some people still use dial up....

4th and Long
And there you have it.

"No credible DNA"....

Like I said - jurors suddenly believe the lack of DNA evidence means a case is garbage. Ultimately, its just not true.

Lack of evidence does not mean the absence of evidence. The fact that there wasn't significant DNA evidence pointing to anyone else is evidence in its own right. Here the lack of evidence is evidence that someone tried to cover his/her tracks.

As such, you start to look at the surrounding circumstances to ask who that person may be. Everything seems to point in one direction here.

DNA evidence, as useful as it has become, has really ****ed up the barometer of 'reasonable' doubt in American jurisprudence.
The defense had a substantial amount of rebutal testimony for the prosecutions "other evidence." That leads to reasonable doubt, which, as we have seen, leads to a not guilty verdict.

Steron
And there you have it.

"No credible DNA"....

DNA evidence, as useful as it has become, has really fucked up the barometer of 'reasonable' doubt in American jurisprudence.

How many innocent people have been put into prison and later set free due to DNA evidence? What is better? A few guilty people go free or a few innocent people got to prison?