PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Chiefs Planet Possible Worlds of Fun Trip

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Would anybody here be interested on going to worlds of fun together this summer? Most saturdays in july it looks like the place is open untill midnight. That's when it's the best IMO.

Tickets are $44.99 for Worlds of Fun, 22.99 for Oceans, OR 56.99 for a Ride n Slide pass(both parks in one day). If you were going to go another time, it's WAAY cheaper to by a "visit twice" pass.

BUT Here's the deal...
I have a 'gold' pass that let's me into both parks whenever and gets me in early and other benefits.

If you guys wanted to go on a day between Aug-15-19, I can get in UP TO FOUR people for only Ten Dollars each. Reading that instantly made me think of Chiefsplanet. The catch is the park is only open from 10-7, but that's a great deal for only 10 dollars, and it's for both parks in that day.

If more than four people want to go, I would bring my wife who also has a pass and we can get up to eight people in for that price.

Also, if we go in two cars, parking is FREE with the pass.

Anybody interested?

Buck
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Shogun is definitely in.

bevischief
07-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Why not I haven't been in either one for about 10 years. I am in.

Fritz88
07-04-2011, 05:51 PM
How many is right people?

Dave Lane
07-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Hell Id like to go win a few stuffed animals again. Last time I won 26. Taking in some of the rides would be cool too. I'd do it.

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 05:57 PM
The weekday deal would be cool, but I'd have to check with my employer (grr) regarding a day off. I'd be down with closing the place on a Saturday as well.

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
The weekday deal would be cool, but I'd have to check with my employer (grr) regarding a day off. I'd be down with closing the place on a Saturday as well.

Yeah, let me know how getting a day off would go for you. My August hours are so fucked up that it's definitely a good-go for me on the ten dollar day.

And Bevis and Dave... What days work for you best? We don't have to the deal, I hate leaving at seven, but it's for sure a good deal.

luv
07-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Interested, but cannot go on a weekday.

Rain Man
07-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I never get to go to these things. Why are they always held in Missouri?

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 06:11 PM
It will probably have to be Wednesday or Thursday of that week, but I'm fairly certain they'll let me come in on a Saturday to make up the hours.

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 06:11 PM

And that fucking arrowhead, why's it in missouri?

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Hell Id like to go win a few stuffed animals again. Last time I won 26. Taking in some of the rides would be cool too. I'd do it.

You'll shit your pants when you see the price to TRY and win a flat basketball.

gblowfish
07-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Should be nice and cool out there on August 15th....

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 06:24 PM
You'll shit your pants when you see the price to TRY and win a flat basketball.
I won a football basketball there a few years ago.

Cool because all the pussies will stay home and there will be shorter wait times.

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
And it's ghost town up there on weekdays. Especially that week, people are busy doing last minute school things that week.

bevischief
07-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah, let me know how getting a day off would go for you. My August hours are so ****ed up that it's definitely a good-go for me on the ten dollar day.

And Bevis and Dave... What days work for you best? We don't have to the deal, I hate leaving at seven, but it's for sure a good deal.

I am open to whatever works out for the best of everyone.

gblowfish
07-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Worlds of Fun...home of one of the all time greatest vomit inducing rides...the FINNISH FLING!!!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/behw5fqv6O8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MIAdragon
07-04-2011, 06:53 PM

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 07:17 PM

LMAO

My last trip to WOF was in 93. I, my guitar player, and a friend of ours went there on acid and rode the rides all day.

Count Zarth
07-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Prefer to stay inside.

Away from the sun.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Prefer to stay inside.

Away from the sun.

You need some sun, Whitey.

RedNFeisty
07-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I would like to join in. A Saturday would be best for me too! All of the people coming in from out of town can go in on a room together??

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Well it looks like it's going to be a sausage party if we do it during the week. You up for closing the place Red?

RedNFeisty
07-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Well it looks like it's going to be a sausage party if we do it during the week. You up for closing the place Red?

Hell yeah, no funner time, then after 10 pm!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 09:33 PM

Ekrich? Hickory Farms? Johnsonville? I'm in.

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Ekrich? Hickory Farms? Johnsonville? I'm in.
Polish, from the smokehouse down the street. They do allow tailgating there, right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Polish, from the smokehouse down the street. They do allow tailgating there, right?

There's a great polish joke about removing the tailgate from a truck somewhere in this...

Lzen
07-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I won a football basketball there a few years ago.

Cool because all the pussies will stay home and there will be shorter wait times.
Truth. Just went on Friday. Over 100 degrees but lines were short. Started getting busier around 6 or 7, though.

Guru
07-04-2011, 09:51 PM
They are charging $45 for a single day pass now? JFC

Chocolate Hog
07-04-2011, 09:53 PM
I've lived in KC all my life and never have been to WOF.

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Frickin' fun haters...

Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun do not permit grilling, open flames or outside vendors to cater picnics on property. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the picnic areas located by the parking lots.

Mr_Tomahawk
07-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I have to go ask my mom...

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 09:54 PM
They are charging $45 for a single day pass now? JFC
I think it's pretty easy to find discount coupons, my wife usually can get them from where she works.

Valiant
07-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Shogun is definitely in.

LMAOLMAO

Guru
07-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I think it's pretty easy to find discount coupons, my wife usually can get them from where she works.

OH, I know. I can get them much cheaper than that. It just kills me that they actually charge that at the gate. That place isn't even worth paying $25 for now. Thats what Cedar Point does.

Valiant
07-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Worlds of Fun...home of one of the all time greatest vomit inducing rides...the FINNISH FLING!!!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/behw5fqv6O8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WOF is in Kansas huh?? Do shitbags never learn where stuff is at in KC..

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 10:05 PM
OH, I know. I can get them much cheaper than that. It just kills me that they actually charge that at the gate. That place isn't even worth paying $25 for now. Thats what Cedar Point does.
Oh that's right, you're a roller coaster snob now. We don't have too many other options around here though so I'll pay it. And I'll have fun. Worlds of fucking fun as a matter of fact. I'll have so much fucking fun I'll need plastic surgery to remove the fucking smile from my fucking face.

Mr_Tomahawk
07-04-2011, 10:06 PM
WOF is in Kansas huh?? Do shitbags never learn where stuff is at in KC..

YOU SOB SIBO! :cuss:

luv
07-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Oh that's right, you're a roller coaster snob now. We don't have too many other options around here though so I'll pay it. And I'll have fun. Worlds of fucking fun as a matter of fact. I'll have so much fucking fun I'll need plastic surgery to remove the fucking smile from my fucking face.

Make sure to take a picture first.

Guru
07-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh that's right, you're a roller coaster snob now. We don't have too many other options around here though so I'll pay it. And I'll have fun. Worlds of ****ing fun as a matter of fact. I'll have so much ****ing fun I'll need plastic surgery to remove the ****ing smile from my ****ing face.

Its not that I'm a coaster snob. It's just that Cedar Point kind of ruins WoF for you. You just need to make a road trip with me sometime. You'll never want to bother with WoF ever again.:thumb:

luv
07-04-2011, 10:10 PM

I must be chopped liver. Or are you just considering me one of the guys now?

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Make sure to take a picture first.
Come see it live and in person.

I must be chopped liver. Or are you just considering me one of the guys now?
You said weekend only as well.

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Its not that I'm a coaster snob. It's just that Cedar Point kind of ruins WoF for you. You just need to make a road trip with me sometime. You'll never want to bother with WoF ever again.:thumb:
It's definitely on my bucket list, but I'm not really in a hurry to ruin WoF for myself.

luv
07-04-2011, 10:38 PM
What about the last weekend in July?

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Either of the last two would work for me.

RedNFeisty
07-04-2011, 10:55 PM
What about the last weekend in July?

I could do the weekend of the 23rd.

Guru
07-04-2011, 10:57 PM
You guys sure you want to deal with those weekend crowds? Weekdays are sooo much better.

luv
07-04-2011, 11:03 PM
You guys sure you want to deal with those weekend crowds? Weekdays are sooo much better.

Have to work during the week. No vacation time until mid September.

Baconeater
07-04-2011, 11:18 PM
No, I don't, but if that's what works for everyone else then so be it.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Im in bro, seriously PM me or something, me and my wife are definitely interested.

KurtCobain
07-04-2011, 11:57 PM
If you guys are coming on a saturday you might as well get the Rdie N Slide pass, it's only a few dollars more and you can go to OOf. There's a entrance between the places for anybody not familiar with the parks. oof closes at 8 and wof at midnight on saturdays.

Chocolate Hog
07-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Joey is the Chiefsplanet event planner.

BossChief
07-05-2011, 12:04 AM
If you go on a Sunday, hit me up on the Friday or Saturday before so I can drive down.

I work 6 day work weeks these days and Sunday is all I get.

Haven't had a chance to go to WOF yet and Id love to meet some of you assholes.

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 06:16 AM
If you guys are coming on a saturday you might as well get the Rdie N Slide pass, it's only a few dollars more and you can go to OOf. There's a entrance between the places for anybody not familiar with the parks. oof closes at 8 and wof at midnight on saturdays.
Oof is for kids.

luv
07-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Oof is for kids.

And people who don't mind wearing bathing suits in public. Not for me.

Bearcat
07-05-2011, 07:24 AM
I'll go.... IMO, the best time to go is on a Saturday night when they're open until midnight. It's like $25 after 4pm, it's less crowded and a little cooler.

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I'll go.... IMO, the best time to go is on a Saturday night when they're open until midnight. It's like $25 after 4pm, it's less crowded and a little cooler.

This.

RedNFeisty
07-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Have to work during the week. No vacation time until mid September.

I work for a swimming pool & spa distributor, I don't get time off during the summer. :banghead:

Dave Lane
07-05-2011, 09:16 AM

I got so dizzy on that fucking thing. Oh shit I thought I'd be cool and sit up while pinned to the wall. Don't just don't.

luv
07-05-2011, 09:21 AM
On second thought, I just can't afford this right now.

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
What? Damn, it's like 24.99 after four, and gas isn't too high right now.

Honestly, I figured nobody could, that's why I came up with a way to get everybody in for 10 bucks. Trying to help out. But if you can't get off work, you can't get off work.

luv
07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
What? Damn, it's like 24.99 after four, and gas isn't too high right now.

Honestly, I figured nobody could, that's why I came up with a way to get everybody in for 10 bucks. Trying to help out. But if you can't get off work, you can't get off work.

Tank of gas = let's say $50 round trip
Ticket - $25
Food - ??
Hotel - ??

It's easy whenever you live there. A trip to KC, including food, gas, and hotel, typically costs me at least $150. I just don't have $150 right now.

RedNFeisty
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Tank of gas = let's say $50 round trip
Ticket - $25
Food - ??
Hotel - ??

It's easy whenever you live there. A trip to KC, including food, gas, and hotel, typically costs me at least $150. I just don't have $150 right now.

We can split the hotel if that would help. I'll probably plan on bringing a cooler of food since I'm pretty broke too. Bring GC and he can help split the gas cost??

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah, bringing our own food and eating in the picnic area is the way to go. The food there is wildly overpriced and poor quality. It sucks that we can't do any grilling though.

And they have cottages and cabins at WoF Village, we could all go in on one of those for the night. They say they sleep up to six people.

RedNFeisty
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, bringing our own food and eating in the picnic area is the way to go. The food there is wildly overpriced and poor quality. It sucks that we can't do any grilling though.

And they have cottages and cabins at WoF Village, we could all go in on one of those for the night. They say they sleep up to six people.

Sounds like it would be worth checking out. Or we could get a double bed room with a pull out couch. Probably won't be many coming in from out of town.

Bowser
07-05-2011, 11:14 AM

It's ok, Dad.......

luv
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM
We can split the hotel if that would help. I'll probably plan on bringing a cooler of food since I'm pretty broke too. Bring GC and he can help split the gas cost??

GC lives in Houston. Did he say he was coming?

If people are willing to split, then I'll definitely consider. I just can't really be spending money every six weeks for trips to KC whenever I'm trying to save money. Kind of defeats the purpose. I know it's great to get together, and even better for those who live in KC. How bout a road trip to Springfield sometime? LMAO

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 11:46 AM
luv, I really wasn't trying to say it was easy or cheap. Just saying I'd be willing to help you with your costs.

Let's say you guys don't want to go till 4 for the cheaper ticket. I'm more than happy to get some brisket, brats and steaks from my work and we'll bbq at the park, and enjoy ourselves for the afternoon and then go to wof on a full stomach.

How bout a road trip to Springfield sometime?
Seriously, I would do it. I'd travel to meet CPers, no problem. I just need a heads up more than a hour in advance(that's to you, bug). Is there anything to do in Springfield?

Dave Lane
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah, let me know how getting a day off would go for you. My August hours are so ****ed up that it's definitely a good-go for me on the ten dollar day.

I can go any day. The only tough day for me is Friday since I have payroll late to handle.

Dave Lane
07-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Sounds like it would be worth checking out. Or we could get a double bed room with a pull out couch. Probably won't be many coming in from out of town.

Hell I could put up 4-6 people here but it would have to be cots or sofa and then take pile in one car or two to make the trip.

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 04:49 PM
luv, I really wasn't trying to say it was easy or cheap. Just saying I'd be willing to help you with your costs.

Let's say you guys don't want to go till 4 for the cheaper ticket. I'm more than happy to get some brisket, brats and steaks from my work and we'll bbq at the park, and enjoy ourselves for the afternoon and then go to wof on a full stomach.

Seriously, I would do it. I'd travel to meet CPers, no problem. I just need a heads up more than a hour in advance(that's to you, bug). Is there anything to do in Springfield?
I'll probably be going back down there this fall for a train show if you're interested. :)

Anyway, I'm fine with what works for the masses, whether it means going later or crashing on Dave's dining room floor or whatever.

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I'll probably be going back down there this fall for a train show if you're interested. :)

Is he doing a bash this year? You know, if there's one of those nfl season things this year.

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Is he doing a bash this year? You know, if there's one of those nfl season things this year.
I meant down in Springfield...lol

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I meant down in Springfield...lol

Oh, well I changed the subject, don't laugh at me, did you ask nzoner about a bash the other day?

(And it would figure the most interesting thing to do in Springfield is watch trains)

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 05:03 PM
No definite date, but he's leaning to sometime in October.

luv
07-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh, well I changed the subject, don't laugh at me, did you ask nzoner about a bash the other day?

(And it would figure the most interesting thing to do in Springfield is watch trains)

We have arena football, professional tennis, AA baseball, some stuff in Branson (like Silver Dollar City, White Water, the Landing).

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
A Branson thing sounds cool. Never been there but always wanted to go.

bevischief
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I am open to whatever that works for the group. For food I have a freezer full of meat that I can help out the group that comes up.

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 05:28 PM
mmmm....frozen meat :drool:

Guru
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Why would anyone go to Springfield. There is this one real nut down there that posts on some chiefs site. I hear she is really crazy.

bevischief
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Why would anyone go to Springfield. There is this one real nut down there that posts on some chiefs site. I hear she is really crazy.

ROFL

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 07:50 PM
mmmm....frozen meat :drool:

We can cook it, right?

luv
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Tommykat hasn't posted here in quite some time.

luv
07-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh, and I'm definitely a no-go. I had a better offer. :p

luv
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM

Although, if you guys aren't going until after 4pm, then maybe I can do something with you all beforehand? How early will everyone be there?

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM
What's the better offer? I want in on it!

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
We can cook it, right?
I suppose that's up to bevis.

luv
07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
What's the better offer? I want in on it!

Drinks and relaxation.

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Drinks and relaxation.
So you're coming up, but you're not going to WoF? Did we ever even agree on a date?

luv
07-05-2011, 09:27 PM
So you're coming up, but you're not going to WoF? Did we ever even agree on a date?

I will be there on July 30. I guess Sunday would be open as well, since I don't have to really leave until 7pm that evening.

Baconeater
07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I will be there on July 30. I guess Sunday would be open as well, since I don't have to really leave until 7pm that evening.
Well if we end up doing this on that day we'll figure something out either before we go to WoF or on Sunday. Although I may end up getting a room either in Platte City or St Joe so I have less of a drive on Sunday since I'll probably be dealing with the flooding detours again.

Guru
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
We can cook it, right?

You know you want a meat popsicle

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 09:50 PM

I'd tongue-fuck it.

luv
07-05-2011, 09:54 PM

Can I have a meat popsicle?

Guru
07-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd tongue-**** it.

But how will you talk with that thing stuck on your tongue for 20 minutes?