PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama insists on Tax Increases....insanity

HonestChieffan
07-06-2011, 02:55 PM
http://reddogreport.com/2011/07/white-house-insists-that-budget-deal-must-be-revenue-positive/

When the talks broke down Obama made some bullshit up to blame the republicans....

Cantor came forward with the tax increase story:http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/169893-cantor-taxes-not-loopholes-scuttled-talks-

The Hill — House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said Wednesday that Republicans did not leave the debt talks over corporate loopholes, as President Obama said, but over taxes.

For the first time since President Obama publicly blamed GOP lawmakers last week of leaving bipartisan negotiations over “loopholes,” Cantor told reporters “that’s just not the case.”

Cantor was emphatic that the impasse was due to Democratic demands to raise taxes to pay down portions of the debt ceiling increase; Republicans said from the start of the debate that tax increases are a non-starter.

“To hear the president come forward an indicate somehow that those talks stopped or somehow blew up over loopholes is just not the case,” Cantor said to a roomful of journalists.

Cantor called it “not serious to say that somehow we Republicans walked out over a corporate loopholes.”

FD
07-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Interesting. Cantor is backtracking on his previous statements, which means there is probably a deal coming soon, and it includes closing loopholes.

dirk digler
07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Interesting. Cantor is backtracking on his previous statements, which means there is probably a deal coming soon, and it includes closing loopholes.

Probably. Cantor is a POS and a liar. To him closing tax loopholes is raising taxes like all idiot Republicans think

RaiderH8r
07-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Probably. Cantor is a POS and a liar. To him closing tax loopholes is raising taxes like all idiot Republicans think

What are these tax "loopholes"? I see the word thrown around but what are they?

Cave Johnson
07-06-2011, 03:28 PM

Favorable tax treatment for corporate jets, hedge funds, and big oil.

ROYC75
07-06-2011, 03:31 PM

What do you call it ? A severance tax ? A luxury tax ? Seems as thought the company / person is breaking away from what they had or paying into more because of it. Either way it is a loss of income for that company / person in question.

So what do you call it ?

HonestChieffan
Allowances for 47% of wage earners to pay zero is a major loophole

dirk digler

One of the tax loopholes is for oil and gas companies. IIRC it is around $20-30 billion

ROYC75
07-06-2011, 03:33 PM

And if these favorable tax treatments continue to keep people employed, it's not OK. What will you say when these are taken away and jobs are lost?

Answer: What, Don't blame me ? They should have been paying them all along.

FD
07-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Allowances for 47% of wage earners to pay zero is a major loophole

Close to 75% of Americans paid income taxes until the Bush tax cuts. The Child Tax Credit is primarily responsible for roughly half of Americans not having any income tax liability. Are you suggesting ending the Child Tax Credit?

HonestChieffan
07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
loophole is code for I have no fucking idea what they are but Im against them...( stuff like depreciation)

ROYC75
07-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Currently in the transportation industry if some of these tax loopholes you speak of are closed, so are a whole lot more jobs. With a current loss of 20% of trucks & truck drivers since 2008 when our dear leader took office will create a bigger loss of jobs.

Thus creating bigger supply and demands for trucks and goods to the market, driving up yet higher prices at the market or retail stores.

Brilliant, just brilliant I say!

ROYC75
07-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Close to 75% of Americans paid income taxes until the Bush tax cuts. The Child Tax Credit is primarily responsible for roughly half of Americans not having any income tax liability. Are you suggesting ending the Child Tax Credit?

That would be a good place to start, but then you are messing with the middle class..... back to square one, again.

HonestChieffan
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM

With no hesitation.

SNR
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Obama's got it all figured out

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JTzMqm2TwgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cave Johnson
07-06-2011, 03:41 PM
There's no economic argument for the income of hedge fund managers to be treated as cap gains rather than income.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/07/06/261268/closing-hedge-fund-manager-loophole-billions/

As for the jets, it's increasing the depreciation schedule by a couple years.

The biggie is limiting the value of itemized deductions for taxpayers in the top two income brackets.

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/30/137533702/what-tax-loopholes-does-obama-want-to-close

HonestChieffan
07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Its accelerated depreciation. same as almost all businesses have had. It only serves to front load the deduction but you are reduced in the out years once you reach full depreciation....it is really not that big a deal

dirk digler
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
What do you call it ? A severance tax ? A luxury tax ? Seems as thought the company / person is breaking away from what they had or paying into more because of it. Either way it is a loss of income for that company / person in question.

So what do you call it ?

You think like Grover Norquist. He railed against cutting the ethanol subsidies because he thinks it is raising taxes.

Donger
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Awesome. As long as we're engaging in class warfare, what are the Democrats going to give up?

FD
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
With no hesitation.

Do you favor ending all the Bush tax cuts or just that one?

HonestChieffan
07-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Do you favor ending all the Bush tax cuts or just that one?

Id support additional ones as long as we take a spending cut for each cut in a tax. Its really pretty simple. Ill give on tax cut reductions when I see Obamacare taken out of the spending side. Ill give some more when I see across the board cuts in every program and every department that are year one effective.

Two way street.....you increase taxes and Ill cut expenses.

ROYC75
07-06-2011, 03:55 PM
You think like Grover Norquist. He railed against cutting the ethanol subsidies because he thinks it is raising taxes.

Blah, ethanol was total crap, poor gas mileage.

HonestChieffan
07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Reduce Education budget equal to the cut in ethanol. Thats a worthy deal.
Reduce Defense equal to reduction in aid to foreign countries and the UN. Dollar for dollar

HonestChieffan
07-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Increase retirement age in Soc Security for all those currently 45 and below and increase FICA by 5% to ensure under 45's are going to be fully covered when they start to collect.

Garcia Bronco
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM

I know Eric personally and have worked on his campaigns when I was in Virginia. Shut your whore mouth. :P He's a nice guy and has a nice fmaily.

RedNeckRaider
07-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Id support additional ones as long as we take a spending cut for each cut in a tax. Its really pretty simple. Ill give on tax cut reductions when I see Obamacare taken out of the spending side. Ill give some more when I see across the board cuts in every program and every department that are year one effective.

What the hell are you talking about? That is the crown jewel for this embarrassment! I am glad to see they are finally reading the god damn debacle they crammed down our throats. Total transparency! Negotiating with this shitbag is pointless. Lets see Obamacare is the only thing he can and deserves total credit for. Unlike... Stabilizing Iraq (even though he opposed the surge that allowed that to happen) Killing Osama (even though he wanted to prosecute the people who gained the Intel for the mission) He is a shameless narcissistic prick and a mistake this country will regret for years to come~

dirk digler
07-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Increase retirement age in Soc Security for all those currently 45 and below and increase FICA by 5% to ensure under 45's are going to be fully covered when they start to collect.

You are not a conservative you are a liberal. You have us all fooled :p

dirk digler
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I know Eric personally and have worked on his campaigns when I was in Virginia. Shut your whore mouth. :P He's a nice guy and has a nice fmaily.

I am sorry to hear that. I still hate him. :)

ROYC75
07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Raising taxes now is stupid and bad for the economy. Most of you morons do not even know that taxes are going up in 2013 because of our dear leader.

Death taxes going through the roof? Really, why. Why does the government think they deserve more money from someone that paid in all of their lives, just because they died?

Read on ..... http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/29/why-gop-is-right-on-taxes/?intcmp=obinsite

petegz28
07-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Sure. Before we start talking about making those who pay taxes pay more, why don't we talk about making those who don't pay at all pay some?

Dave Lane
07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
So to balance a budget you don't try to get more income just cut jobs. Is that the key?

Dave Lane
07-06-2011, 06:40 PM

Odd I'm with you on this one. Match them up. I might even go 2-1 spending cuts vs tax increases. That fair? There does have to be a balance to get this done.

Chocolate Hog
07-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Yea this guy is serious about creating jobs.

petegz28
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Odd I'm with you on this one. Match them up. I might even go 2-1 spending cuts vs tax increases. That fair? There does have to be a balance to get this done.

Nope. I'd say 4-1 cuts vs. tax hikes. The tax payer has been bent over and butt fucked several times over the last few years with all these bailouts so the Fed Gov could continue to spend like a kid with a trust fund.

petegz28
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
So to balance a budget you don't try to get more income just cut jobs. Is that the key?

What has Obama and the Dems done to increase organic job growth in the private sector? They can't even pass a fucking budget for crying out loud!

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2011, 06:58 PM
The government considers a family of four to be impoverished if they take in less than $22,000 a year. Based on that standard, and government projections of unemployment, it is estimated the poverty rate for kids in this country will soon hit 25 percent. Those children would be the largest American generation to be raised in hard times since the Great Depression.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20038927.shtml

Hopey Change™

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Barack Hussein Obama!

Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

petegz28
07-06-2011, 06:59 PM
For the record, raising taxes to cut the debt is a very short-sighted and fruitless tactic. Raising taxes on anyone will not help the economy though it may help the deficit in the shortrun.

I am starting to liken the Dems plan to something David Glass would do with the Royals.

Congress needs to make some tough decicisions, quit spending on a bunch of bullshit, create policies and laws that actually encourage the investment of capital into THIS country and then the eventual job growth will provide the additional tax revenue they are so worried about.

Ugly Duck
07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Obama insists on Tax Increases....insanity

Lets take a gander at how many other Americans are insane like their President....

Coupla months ago: Raise taxes on those claiming more than $250,000 personal income?
64% approve, 33% oppose.
Dems approve 83% to 15%
Independents approve 63% to 34%
Republis approve 43% to 54%

Republi plan to reduce deficit by cutting Medicare & Medicaid?
80% oppose, 18% approve
Conservatives 68% oppose, 29% approve

Approve of the way Republis in Congress do their job?
63% disapprove, 30% approve

Republis have vowed to "listen to the American people." But not when 64 to 80% of them are as insane as the President!

petegz28
07-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Lets take a gander at how many other Americans are insane like their President....

Coupla months ago: Raise taxes on those claiming more than $250,000 personal income?
64% approve, 33% oppose.
Dems approve 83% to 15%

80% oppose, 18% approve

Republis have vowed to "listen to the American people." But not when 64 to 80% of them are as insane as the President!

JFC, you're hopeless....most of those people couldn't explain to you why were are in the trouble we are let alone have any clue about what it takes to fix things. They just blame Bush like good sheep and buy into the political fear mongering.

And if you want to quote polls, WTF did the Dems ignore the polls when they consistently showed the majority oppoed Obamacare???

I'm trying to explain to you the situation and you throw out polls as your defense??? What a fucking joke.

HonestChieffan
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
You are not a conservative you are a liberal. You have us all fooled :p

And pigs fly

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Here's a great idea--- how about we increase the tax base?

Of course, we'd need somebody besides a communist as our president.

HonestChieffan
07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Here's a great idea--- how about we increase the tax base?

Of course, we'd need somebody besides a communist as our president.

If we do away with loopholes then we can look forward to everyone paying their fair share. The loopholes that allow a high % of wage earners to pay zero need to go. Pull your share of the load or stay out of the wagon.

Jaric
07-07-2011, 02:39 PM
If we do away with loopholes then we can look forward to everyone paying their fair share. The loopholes that allow a high % of wage earners to pay zero need to go. Pull your share of the load or stay out of the wagon.

This. I'd take it a step further and say before we raise taxes, we need to simplfy the damn tax code. All 71,000 pages of it.

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Another idea IF B.O. WAS SERIOUS ABOUT GENERATING REVENUE WHICH HE'S NOT is offer a "tax holiday" on corporate taxes; there is over $1 trillion dollars of untaxed corporate profits overseas that if you lowered the corporate tax rate from 30% to say 5%, that money would leave it's foriegn shores where it currently is taxed on average 12%, and return back to mother USA.

5% of $1 trillion is better than 0%, which is what we are getting now.

That infusion of money on that massive level will create jobs and get the unemployment rate down a percentage or two, creating even more taxpayers.

Of course, we need to get somebody besides a communist as our president for this to happen.

VAChief
07-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Another idea IF B.O. WAS SERIOUS ABOUT GENERATING REVENUE WHICH HE'S NOT is offer a "tax holiday" on corporate taxes; there is over $1 trillion dollars of untaxed corporate profits overseas that if you lowered the corporate tax rate from 30% to say 5%, that money would leave it's foriegn shores where it currently is taxed on average 12%, and return back to mother USA.

5% of $1 trillion is better than 0%, which is what we are getting now.

That infusion of money on that massive level will create jobs and get the unemployment rate down a percentage or two, creating even more taxpayers.

Of course, we need to get somebody besides a communist as our president for this to happen.

Bill Clinton and Rahm voiced this same idea recently. It makes a lot of sense. We definitely need to have a long term plan (raising SS retirement age, etc.) but any changes to working class incomes right now is likely to stagnate the economy further.

2bikemike
07-07-2011, 06:57 PM

64% approve, 33% oppose.
Dems approve 83% to 15%

80% oppose, 18% approve

Nice how you left out the Demorat approval rating of around 35%

Amnorix
07-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Bill Clinton and Rahm voiced this same idea recently. It makes a lot of sense. We definitely need to have a long term plan (raising SS retirement age, etc.) but any changes to working class incomes right now is likely to stagnate the economy further.

Yes, but Clinton also noted that the last time such an amnesty on bringing back dollars went into effect, a far smaller percentage of it went into new investments than had been hoped.

I don't mind letting corps repatriate it or whatever, at a greatly reduced rate, but we need to figure out how to encourage job growth, primarily.

Amnorix
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Nice how you left out the Demorat approval rating of around 35%

The comment to which he was responding, and quoted, was that OBAMA was insane. Not Democrats, OBAMA. His post was a direct response to the comment made.

petegz28
07-07-2011, 09:25 PM
The comment to which he was responding, and quoted, was that OBAMA was insane. Not Democrats, OBAMA. His post was a direct response to the comment made.

His comment was a weak attempt to ignore the economic realities I explained to him.

2bikemike
07-07-2011, 10:03 PM

His comment like most of his comments was bashing Reps. In my book none of congress gets a pass. Reps Dems house or Senate. They have all done a shitty job. And while we're at it neither the previous adminstration or this one are exempt from shittiness.

RaiderH8r
07-07-2011, 10:41 PM

Who makes those corporate jets? Are those Airbus jets or boeing jets? Are they using Lockheed? Seems some in the airline industry might want people buying those jets since Airbus is kicking the shit out Boeing when it comes to fleet purchases by air carriers.

I'm still unclear as to why favorable treatment for hedge funds is a problem. It's like when people bitch about all the money Exxon makes I give them the same advice; go buy stock dipshit.

Which brings me to big oil. What about the "favorable" tax treatment do you oppose for "big oil"?

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 07:08 AM
His comment was a weak attempt to ignore the economic realities I explained to him.

Eh? First, he was posting in response to HCF, not you. Second, you don't have any kind of detailed "economic realities" post in this thread, just a bunch of "Dems suck" generalities. Not that you don't sometimes post detailed economic positions, but you haven't here.

And not that your detailed economic positions aren't frequently insane (raise interest rates, it will help the economy!), but that's another story.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 07:10 AM
His comment like most of his comments was bashing Reps. In my book none of congress gets a pass. Reps Dems house or Senate. They have all done a shitty job. And while we're at it neither the previous adminstration or this one are exempt from shittiness.

It's pretty simple -- HCF said Obama's ideas were insane. UD said "maybe, but then the insanity is shared by a majority of Americans, here's proof".

Then you said "but Democrats in general are unpopular.

Yeah, that doesn't work. You can spin it and argue it as much as you like, but your post doesn't refute his. It's actually irrelevant to his, but whatever, it's par for the course here in DC.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 07:22 AM
It's pretty simple -- HCF said Obama's ideas were insane. UD said "maybe, but then the insanity is shared by a majority of Americans, here's proof".

Then you said "but Democrats in general are unpopular.

Yeah, that doesn't work. You can spin it and argue it as much as you like, but your post doesn't refute his. It's actually irrelevant to his, but whatever, it's par for the course here in DC.

Tax revenue is at an historical high.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Someone (you?) posted this in another thread. It's not true, either as a gross number, or even more critically and relevant, as a percentage of GDP:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=200

As a percentage of GDP, federal taxes were between 16 and 20% each and every year from 1951 to 2008. In 2009 and 2010, however, due to the ongoing effects of the Bush tax cuts and, more importantly, the soft economy, tax revenues were only 14.9% of GDP.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Someone (you?) posted this in another thread. It's not true, either as a gross number, or even more critically and relevant, as a percentage of GDP:

As a percentage of GDP, federal taxes were between 16 and 20% each and every year from 1951 to 2008. In 2009 and 2010, however, due to the ongoing effects of the Bush tax cuts and, more importantly, the soft economy, tax revenues were only 14.9% of GDP.

ROFL

Talk about dishonesty. OMG, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 07:54 AM
ROFL

WTF are you talking about? You posted a "fact". I proved your "fact" is wrong by citing to OMB materials. Who is being dishonest here?

Direckshun
07-08-2011, 07:54 AM

ROFL

Speaking of "par for the course for DC"...

banyon
07-08-2011, 07:57 AM
ROFL

Yeah, He should have realized you're too stupid to actually respond to facts.

I realized that quite a while ago.

Shame on you, Amno for treating Mad Crapper like a thinking, rational person instead of a rude child or deranged vagrant.

:rolleyes:

petegz28
07-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Eh? First, he was posting in response to HCF, not you. Second, you don't have any kind of detailed "economic realities" post in this thread, just a bunch of "Dems suck" generalities. Not that you don't sometimes post detailed economic positions, but you haven't here.

And not that your detailed economic positions aren't frequently insane (raise interest rates, it will help the economy!), but that's another story.

you're right. He used the same post in another thread and I got them confused.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

Shame on you, Amno for treating Mad Crapper like a thinking, rational person instead of a rude child or deranged vagrant.

You're right, I should be ashamed. I'm sorry...:sulk:

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:25 AM
WTF are you talking about? You posted a "fact". I proved your "fact" is wrong by citing to OMB materials. Who is being dishonest here?

Is that a rhetorical question? You are:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=203

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/po7J0f5TMrQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/po7J0f5TMrQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:27 AM

Hey everybody, you want to see deranged? Here's an actual neg rep message this psycho left me:

You are the most pathetic individual I have encountered anywhere. In person before I sent them to prison, on the internet, anywhere. The worst part is what a total phony you are. Talking tough till it gets beyond your IQ, then ducking out like a puss

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Is that a rhetorical question? You are:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=203

</EMBED>

I can't watch the video, at the moment, so forget that. Not sure what it could say that matters anyway.

You said: "Tax revenue is at an historical high."

The link above shows tax revenues, as a gross number, being lower in 2010 than it was in 2006, 2007 and 2008. My link also showed that it was lower as a percentage of GDP.

Therefore your statement was wrong.

Not much else to say about this.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey everybody, you want to see deranged? Here's an actual neg rep message this psycho left me:

You are the most pathetic individual I have encountered anywhere. In person before I sent them to prison, on the internet, anywhere. The worst part is what a total phony you are. Talking tough till it gets beyond your IQ, then ducking out like a puss

Bitching about neg rep? :shake:

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Bitching about neg rep? :shake:

No, not at all. Just showing what a megalomaniac banyon is. He has the nerve to call somebody a phony. ROFL

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:34 AM
I can't watch the video, at the moment, so forget that. Not sure what it could say that matters anyway.

You said: "Tax revenue is at an historical high."

The link above shows tax revenues, as a gross number, being lower in 2010 than it was in 2006, 2007 and 2008. My link also showed that it was lower as a percentage of GDP.

Therefore your statement was wrong.

Not much else to say about this.

The unemployment rate was significantly lower, too.

Look at the estimate for 2012. That's an historical high.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:35 AM
The unemployment rate was significantly lower, too.

Of course it was, which is one reason why tax revenues were higher.

What does that have to do with the fact that the "fact" you stated was wrong?

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:36 AM
you're right. He used the same post in another thread and I got them confused.

Hey MC -- see how simple it is you made a mistake? Learn a lesson from Pete here...

petegz28
07-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Of course it was, which is one reason why tax revenues were higher.

What does that have to do with the fact that the "fact" you stated was wrong?

You nailed the point I have been trying to make for a long time. If Congress wants increased tax revenue they need to focus on private sector job growth. Not just spending tax $'s on BS or raising taxes.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:39 AM
You nailed the point I have been trying to make for a long time. If Congress wants increased tax revenue they need to focus on private sector job growth. Not just spending tax $'s on BS or raising taxes.

I saw Clinton spend 20 minutes on CNBC talking about job growth. You think this is something people in Washington or economists across the country don't know? Not only is it critical for them to keep their jobs (unemployed voters vote for new faces), but it's probalby the single most critical factor to getting the economy moving in a positive direction again.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy to do as it is to say.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Look at the estimate for 2012.

petegz28
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I saw Clinton spend 20 minutes on CNBC talking about job growth. You think this is something people in Washington or economists across the country don't know? Not only is it critical for them to keep their jobs (unemployed voters vote for new faces), but it's probalby the single most critical factor to getting the economy moving in a positive direction again.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy to do as it is to say.

While I will not argue it is not easy, it is easier than what they are making it and you know that. If they were so aware and not willfully trying to gain an angle somewehere else, we would not be hearing the crap coming out of D.C. that we are hearing. In the debt discussions, when was the last time you heard any emphasis on creating jobs from the Dems over raising taxes?

As far as them being aware of this being critical for thier jobs..

Top Obama adviser says unemployment won't be key in 2012
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/170309-plouffe-says-jobs-rate-not-key-in-2012

President Obama’s senior political adviser David Plouffe said Wednesday that people won’t vote in 2012 based on the unemployment rate.

this guy goes on to try and play both sides by saying people will vote based on their own situation. Ignorant on his part though seeing as unemployment tends to be a driver in one's personal situation even if they are employed.

“The average American does not view the economy through the prism of GDP or unemployment rates or even monthly jobs numbers,” Plouffe said, according to Bloomberg. “People won’t vote based on the unemployment rate, they’re going to vote based on: ‘How do I feel about my own situation? Do I believe the president makes decisions based on me and my family?’ ”

I think that is a pretty obtuse statement and is based on the hope that the voter is too stupid to know what effects his situation.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Hey MC -- see how simple it is you made a mistake? Learn a lesson from Pete here...

I'll make a deal with you, Amnorix.

If the 2012 estimate pans out to be an historical high, you have put this in your signature and keep it there for a year:

LIAR

If it's not, I will.

You talk alot of shit, let's see you back it up.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Look at the estimate for 2012.

You're relying on an ESTIMATE for a year that hasn't even started to back up your assertion that

This is you spinning to save your ass, because you were wrong. You can't use a future estimate to establish a current fact. That's gold level bullshit right there.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I'll make a deal with you, Amnorix.

If the 2012 estimate pans out to be an historical high, you have put this in your signature and keep it there for a year:

LIAR

If it's not, I will.

You talk alot of shit, let's see you back it up.

No.

1. My statement was not a lie. Never was, and no future developments will change that fact. I posted facts that established that your statement was wrong. Whatever happens in 2012, a fiscal year that hasn't even begun yet, doesn't change the FACT that your statement was wrong.

2. I never engage in sig bets, or quit the board bets. They are silly and juvenile. If people want to do them, that's fine, but I don't participate, just as I don't create mults, or change my username. Or create new usernames after being banned, but that's another story.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 09:05 AM
You're relying on an ESTIMATE for a year that hasn't even started to back up your assertion that

This is you spinning to save your ass, because you were wrong. You can't use a future estimate to establish a current fact. That's gold level bullshit right there.

Still want to bet?

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Still want to bet?

See my prior post.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Raising taxes HAS NOTHING to do with raising revenue, it's just the same ol' same ol' class warfare leftist BS.

:whackit:

Obama is one and done. THANK GOD.

banyon
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM

I was probably drunk when I posted that, but it's pretty accurate. I stand by it.

You replayed it in this thread, pretending you know what you're talking about, then when actual facts are brought into the discussion, vaguely allude to something you think might be in your favor, and if that doesn't work, then yell insults some more. It's a detriment to this forum that you are allowed to post here at all. Period.

banyon
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Raising taxes HAS NOTHING to do with raising revenue, it's just the same ol' same ol' class warfare leftist BS.

:whackit:

Obama is one and done. THANK GOD.

This idiotic post potrays a fundamental misunderstanding of the so-called "Laffer curve". No surprise that it's misrepresented, of course.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:46 PM
This idiotic post potrays a fundamental misunderstanding of the so-called "Laffer curve". No surprise that it's misrepresented, of course.

I'm just an eyesore, another reason for you and all the other frat boys to gang together and pick on the weirdo.

:ZZZ:

I don't take it personally (like you do).

I know I'm right and you're wrong, and I get my kicks watching you trying to justify or rationalize your mistakes.

Bon mots, ol' chum!

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I was probably drunk when I posted that, but it's pretty accurate. I stand by it.

Well I'm sure you do. After all, you're a psycho.

I'm a father, a husband, never been convicted of a misdemeanor never mind a felony (rape/murder). I'm a veteran an a contributor to my community...

But in your sick, frat boy, never missed a meal in your life world, I'm worse than that. ROFL

You're a punk. And not for nothing, I doubt you are a prosecutor, probably a secretary to one. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but you're a megolomaniac sociopath who needs to build himself up on the internet.

I think it's great that a shithead like Jenson fell for all your bullshit and went ahead and commited (condemned) himself to hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loans to inevitably wind up with a dead end, hack government job---

Just like you. LMAO

Go fuck yourself, dickbag.

go bowe
07-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Well I'm sure you do. After all, you're a psycho.

I'm a father, a husband, never been convicted of a misdemeanor never mind a felony (rape/murder). I'm a veteran an a contributor to my community...

But in your sick, frat boy, never missed a meal in your life world, I'm worse than that. ROFL

You're a punk. And not for nothing, I doubt you are a prosecutor, probably a secretary to one. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but you're a megolomaniac sociopath who needs to build himself up on the internet.

I think it's great that a shithead like Jenson fell for all your bullshit and went ahead and commited (condemned) himself to hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loans to inevitably wind up with a dead end, hack government job---

Just like you. LMAO

Go fuck yourself, dickbag.
well, it's a relief to know that you don't take this shit personally...

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 09:35 PM
well, it's a relief to know that you don't take this shit personally...

Is it? I'm happy for you, go bowe. I'm glad you're relieved. Now, for the millions of people who languish in perpetual unemployment as a direct result of Obamanomics, I'm not sure if they are happy for you.

I know it's cool you are a lawyer with a kickass resume and all, but you know, maybe your smug, cute posts aren't so...

smug and cute.

HonestChieffan
07-08-2011, 09:44 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/chart.jpg

go bowe
07-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Is it? I'm happy for you, go bowe. I'm glad you're relieved. Now, for the millions of people who languish in perpetual unemployment as a direct result of Obamanomics, I'm not sure if they are happy for you.

I know it's cool you are a lawyer with a kickass resume and all, but you know, maybe your smug, cute posts aren't so...

smug and cute.

smug and cute?

why, thank you...

i was trying for sympathetic sarcasm, but smug and cute works for me... :p :p :p

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 10:12 PM
smug and cute?

why, thank you...

i was trying for sympathetic sarcasm, but smug and cute works for me... :p :p :p

That's great. Stroke your tie a few times and smell your hands for aftershave. Knock 'em dead, counselor.

banyon
07-09-2011, 08:59 AM
but you're a megolomaniac sociopath who needs to build himself up on the internet.

I'm sorry, Who's the one posting as frantically as possible on a rival football teams political message board after multiple bannings only because other message boards got tired of you?

The Mad Crapper
07-09-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry, Who's the one posting as frantically as possible on a rival football teams political message board after multiple bannings only because other message boards got tired of you?

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4e17234c49e2aec272000000/chart-of-the-day-the-scariest-jobs-chart-ever-july-2011.jpg