http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Barack Hussein Obama!

Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

http://www.moonbattery.com/Crooks-Commies.jpg

http://commieblaster.com/

http://www.iaza.com/work/110702C/iaza15144951595000.jpg

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Out of curiousity, why the fuck do you have the Commandant from Schindler's List as your avatar?

petegz28
07-08-2011, 07:13 AM
I guess the 400,000 jobs Pelosi promised form the HC bill still haven't trickled in yet?

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Out of curiousity, why the **** do you have the Commandant from Schindler's List as your avatar?

Amon the Good? LMAO

I was just in a pink floyd the wall mood at the time. No other reason.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Amon the Good? LMAO

Do what you like, but selecting a sociopathic mass-murdering fuckhead as your avatar isn't really cool. Who's next? Hitler? Dahmer? :shake:

BigCatDaddy
07-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Amon the Good? LMAO

So you licked the bear stamp?

ChiTown
07-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Do what you like, but selecting a sociopathic mass-murdering ****head as your avatar isn't really cool. Who's next? Hitler? Dahmer? :shake:

It's been done before - see Red 5

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Do what you like, but selecting a sociopathic mass-murdering ****head as your avatar isn't really cool. Who's next?

Wait a second... I'm getting a lecture on this from a guy who voted for the guy who hired Anita Dunn to be his communications director? Anita Dunn who publicly stated she admires Mao? ROFL

Talk about selective outrage. That's a serious pathology you have there, buddy.

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Snake_Oil_180.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/4035291377_585ed59ae5_z.jpg

LOCOChief
07-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Wait a second... I'm getting a lecture on this from a guy who voted for the guy who hired Anita Dunn to be his communications director? Anita Dunn who publicly stated she admires Mao? ROFL

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Snake_Oil_180.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/4035291377_585ed59ae5_z.jpg

:thumb:

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Let's not overlook the fact that April and May's numbers were revised downward by 44,000 jobs. Essentially, we have 26,000 fewer jobs today than we were told we had a month ago.

Another way of looking at it would be to say that we have around 320,000 more unemployed people today than we reported just one month ago. If the recession has ended, its because the depression has begun. There are over 14,000,000 unemployed Americans today.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:09 AM

Mao isn't anyone to admire either.

But I don't have Mao as my avatar, do I?

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:10 AM
It's been done before - see Red 5

Often, there's no explanation for GoChiefs and what he does.

ChiTown
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Often, there's no explanation for GoChiefs and what he does.

truth

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 08:18 AM
We need some more shovel-ready jobs. I've seen a lot of shoveling lately, but it all seems to be coming from the WH.

Amnorix
07-08-2011, 08:28 AM
We need some more shovel-ready jobs. I've seen a lot of shoveling lately, but it all seems to be coming from the WH.

We've basically learned that there is no such thing as "shovel-ready jobs". Besides, dont' we want there to be careful planning before we just go throwing dirt around? Or do we like bridges to nowhere?

LOCOChief
07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Obama would build a bridge to nowhere in a heartbeat. He'd build a 6 billion rail system in FL that would attract criminals and very little else, just to keep kicking the can down the road.

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 08:33 AM
We've basically learned that there is no such thing as "shovel-ready jobs". Besides, dont' we want there to be careful planning before we just go throwing dirt around? Or do we like bridges to nowhere?

Who is "we"? Some of us knew that the stimulus was nothing but a bill of goods.

Any recovery will start from the ground up. Washington wants to buy a bunch of roofs and hope that someone builds houses under them.

ROYC75
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Any recovery will start from the ground up. Washington wants to buy a bunch of roofs and hope that someone builds houses under them.

Do all Liberals, Progressives & Dems agree it's time for another stimulus plan ?

Have you heard the phrase, We told you so?

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Mao isn't anyone to admire either.

But I don't have Mao as my avatar, do I?

I didn't say you did. I said you voted for a guy who associates with fans of Mao, WHICH YOU DID.

TrebMaxx
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately I am one of the 9.2% as of June 9th.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Do what you like, but selecting a sociopathic mass-murdering ****head as your avatar isn't really cool. Who's next? Hitler? Dahmer? :shake:

Oh FFS lighten up Francis. You gonna' censor everyone's avvy on the Planet?

dirk digler
07-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Let's not overlook the fact that April and May's numbers were revised downward by 44,000 jobs. Essentially, we have 26,000 fewer jobs today than we were told we had a month ago.

Another way of looking at it would be to say that we have around 320,000 more unemployed people today than we reported just one month ago. If the recession has ended, its because the depression has begun. There are over 14,000,000 unemployed Americans today.

It is fucking depressing there are no other words to describe it. I wonder if companies like mine, we had our best year ever, are just doing more with less and realize that works out pretty good.

redsurfer11
07-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Out of curiousity, why the **** do you have the Commandant from Schindler's List as your avatar?

Typical Liberal. Avoid the issue with an off topic question. 9.2%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 03:54 PM
It is fucking depressing there are no other words to describe it. I wonder if companies like mine, we had our best year ever, are just doing more with less and realize that works out pretty good.

There is a lot of that going around. I've got some friends who work in marketing, and it's really tough for them. Even the companies who can afford to advertise are cutting way back because their competitors had to cut back.

I really don't know what the solution is, but I would start by drilling in the US. That would create a temporary manufacturing boom, and it would create long-term revenue. Energy prices would drop, and it would create both skilled and unskilled jobs.

Tax policy and stimulus is just shuffling around papers. There is no magic formula with the tax code that will really make a meaningful difference. I would be willing to agree to removal of the FICA cap and some sort of partial means-testing for Social Security (maybe up to 50% would be subject to means testing, and the other 50% would not) in trade for meaningful spending cuts on the entitlement side.

That would be a start, IMO. At least it would show both sides that I'm willing to give in order to get.

HonestChieffan
07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
There is a lot of that going around. I've got some friends who work in marketing, and it's really tough for them. Even the companies who can afford to advertise are cutting way back because their competitors had to cut back.

I really don't know what the solution is, but I would start by drilling in the US. That would create a temporary manufacturing boom, and it would create long-term revenue. Energy prices would drop, and it would create both skilled and unskilled jobs.

Tax policy and stimulus is just shuffling around papers. There is no magic formula with the tax code that will really make a meaningful difference. I would be willing to agree to removal of the FICA cap and some sort of partial means-testing for Social Security (maybe up to 50% would be subject to means testing, and the other 50% would not) in trade for meaningful spending cuts on the entitlement side.

That would be a start, IMO. At least it would show both sides that I'm willing to give in order to get.

A means test for SS? You think not giving people what they paid in for is a good idea? Political suicide that.

Maybe increase retirement age for those 50 and below and increase FICA so it becomes more solvent long term for the next generation. Remove the cap is an option to kick around

mlyonsd
07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Wow, Colmes just said on O'Reilly we need more tax cuts. Crazy dems.

KurtCobain
07-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Do what you like, but selecting a sociopathic mass-murdering fuckhead as your avatar isn't really cool. Who's next? Hitler? Dahmer? :shake:

That is very poor taste.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately I am one of the 9.2% as of June 9th.

Sorry to hear that.

Chief Henry
07-09-2011, 07:13 AM

$800 Billion worth of goods....It did the unions some good.

The Mad Crapper
07-09-2011, 10:30 AM
C'mon guys, it was the Tsunami in Japan, man. Totally, like, derailed the recovery.

Man.

mikey23545
07-09-2011, 10:35 AM
$800 Billion worth of goods....It did the unions some good.

This was the sole purpose of the bill, though you will never get the Obamamites to see it.

The Mad Crapper
07-09-2011, 04:01 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Obama/OBAMACOMMUNISMSTICKERBLACKTAPER.jpg

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Lower than expected job growth = the ubber-rich and the privileged elite, deciding that their second cruise, or trip to Europe...is more important than investing in economic growth for the country. Just sayin'.

"Let them (the middle and working classes) eat cake! Word up?" :thumb:

The Mad Crapper
07-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Lower than expected job growth = the ubber-rich and the privileged elite, deciding that their second cruise, or trip to Europe...is more important than investing in economic growth for the country. Just sayin'.

"Let them (the middle and working classes) eat cake! Word up?" :thumb:

LMAO

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2011, 08:34 PM
LMAO

EXACTLY. Fukk da masses. Just sayin'. :thumb:

The Mad Crapper
07-09-2011, 08:40 PM
EXACTLY. Fukk da masses. Just sayin'. :thumb:

You're an idiot.

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2011, 09:47 PM
You're an idiot.

In the mind of Rush's dittoheads, or a true RWNJ....probably. In that case, it's a compliment. Just sayin'.

:hmmm:

Cause fringe right wing demagogues are in for a rude awakening, come Nov of 2012. Sean and Glenn (and their cum-shot warriors) are gonna need serious therapy. Just sayin'.

banyon
07-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Oh FFS lighten up Francis. You gonna' censor everyone's avvy on the Planet?

C'mon. Criticism isn't censorship. In fact, it's just another form of free speech.

Don't go all confused BEP on us, now vail.

banyon
07-09-2011, 10:26 PM

But, but, mad crapper's a really great guy, just ask him!

Just don't ask him why he only behaves like a hate-filled prick on here.

Frankie
07-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Economics Unemployment rises to 9.2%

Just curious, has there been even one jobs bill in the congress since Boner and the Repubs have had the majority? :hmmm:

Frankie
07-09-2011, 11:11 PM

Sad Crap never has any idea by himself. It must be the orders of his RWNJ overlords.

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Just curious, has there been even one jobs bill in the congress since Boner and the Repubs have had the majority? :hmmm:

Not a single one. Though, no one who isn't a Commie should ever consider making a big deal of it.

...just sayin'.

:toast:

ClevelandBronco
07-09-2011, 11:29 PM

Jobs bill? LMAO You really don't fucking get it, do you?

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Jobs bill? LMAO You really don't ****ing get it, do you?

Yeah, like the Gub-ment should never, EVER, try to help during a recession? Just sayin'. Heh.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Thanks, George!

HonestChieffan
07-10-2011, 06:30 AM

We have not paid the bill from the last one.

Chief Faithful
07-10-2011, 06:41 AM

Right now they are trying to reduce spending so they can determine how many more of those $273,000 jobs they can create.

Okie_Apparition
07-10-2011, 07:55 AM
The government can create jobs from here to doomsday, but the unemployed are just too lazy to work.

mikey23545
07-10-2011, 08:38 AM

Unbelievable that people actually think like that, isn't it?

banyon
07-10-2011, 08:52 AM

Respectfully, every country kicking our a** right now in manufacturing and job growth has a plan and design for their economy run by (*gasp*) the government in combination with private industry.

Our repeated insistence on unregulated free trade and having no plan and just letting things go has basically resulted in the exportation of most of our decent jobs. Continuing to leave it up to mother nature will just complete the export of every decent job.

It's like Perot used to say, the rest of the world practices 21st century capitalism, we practice 19th century.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Respectfully, every country kicking our a** right now in manufacturing and job growth has a plan and design for their economy run by (*gasp*) the government in combination with private industry.

China has an EPA? An EEOC? A DOT? Gee, learn something new every day in moonbatland.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:16 AM
The government can create jobs

The government doesn't create (private sector) jobs. The government isn't supposed to create jobs.

The government is supposed to create an environment in which any citizen can start a business legally and run and be successful, not kneecap him or her with BS EPA and EEOC mandates and onerous taxes.

banyon
07-10-2011, 09:17 AM
China has an EPA? An EEOC? A DOT? Gee, learn something new every day in moonbatland.

China has a central planning committee. They are a COMMUNIST country. Literally. And not the make believe kind like you rant about.

Yes, I guess you need to learn something that probably 3rd graders know about China.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:22 AM
China has a central planning committee. They are a COMMUNIST country. Literally.

No shit, Sherlock.

That's not what we're talking about, is it? YOu said that ALL the countries kicking our ass economically has a plan and design for their economy run by (*gasp*) the government in combination with private industry.

So maybe I'll just let you elaborate on that....

Are you suggesting that America needs to copy that? Personally we are talking apples and oranges, but this should be fun watching you explain it.

banyon
07-10-2011, 09:25 AM
No shit, Sherlock.

That's not what we're talking about, is it? YOu said that ALL the countries kicking our ass economically has a plan and design for their economy run by (*gasp*) the government in combination with private industry.

So maybe I'll just let you elaborate on that....

Are you suggesting that America needs to copy that?

No, you brought up China.

Suggesting that we need an actual plan and goal for our economy to get decent jobs doesn't mean we have to swing the pendulum all the way back until we have a totalitarian communist society. It's not all black or white.

johnny961
07-10-2011, 09:26 AM

Bottom line is that our trade policies HAVE resulted in a net loss of meaningful jobs here in the U.S. no matter what kind of spin is put on it.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Bottom line is that our trade policies HAVE resulted in a net loss of meaningful jobs here in the U.S. no matter what kind of spin is put on it.

Spin?!

You don't think companies leave the USA because of the EPA, EEOC et al and 30% tax rates?

Energy is our most valuable resource. YOU CAN'T OUTSOURCE MINING. But when you have a POTUS who said so publicly while campaigning he WILL KNEECAP THE COAL INDUSTRY and fools and idiots actually vote for the guy, well, don't cry about it. You got exactly what you voted for: 4 dollars for a gallon of gasoline, higher electric bills---

This is all shit Obama promised you.

You want to talk about NAFTA start a thread on that. That's another can of worms that came way before Obastard stole his first election in Chicago.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:31 AM
No, you brought up China.

OK fine. What countries were you talking about?

johnny961
07-10-2011, 09:31 AM
The government doesn't create (private sector) jobs. The government isn't supposed to create jobs.

The government is supposed to create an environment in which any citizen can start a business legally and run and be successful, not kneecap him or her with BS EPA and EEOC mandates and onerous taxes.

No, the government doesn't create private sector jobs directly. But they can enact policies which fascilitate the outsourcing of our existing jobs to foreign countries, which they have done.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:33 AM
No, the government doesn't create private sector jobs directly. But they can enact policies which fascilitate the outsourcing of our existing jobs to foreign countries, which they have done.

:clap:

That's what I'm talking about. You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm saying something different.

banyon
07-10-2011, 09:36 AM
OK fine. What countries were you talking about?

The growing ones.

Indonesia, Turkey, India, (yes, China, but that doesn't mean to copy EVERYTHING about them), Singapore, Taiwan.

Frankie
07-10-2011, 09:36 AM
We have not paid the bill from the last one.

You mean all the bills that Bush left on the table when he left the restaurant?

Frankie
07-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Right now they are trying to reduce spending so they can determine how many more of those $273,000 jobs they can create.

LMAO

Frankie
07-10-2011, 09:38 AM
The government can create jobs from here to doomsday, but the unemployed are just too lazy to work.

Is this sarcasm?

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:39 AM
The growing ones.

Indonesia, Turkey, India, (yes, China, but that doesn't mean to copy EVERYTHING about them), Singapore, Taiwan.

You do realize that emerging economies ie 3rd world countries always grow at 6% -8% where established economies ie 1st world grow normally at 2%-4%?

Once Brazil, Indonesia et al catch up with us (or pass us) they will slow down.

The rates at which they are growing and we are flailing is only exacerbated by our govermnent caused depression. But even under normal circumstances emerging economies grow at sometimes exponentially higher rates than established economies.

johnny961
07-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Spin?!

You don't think companies leave the USA because of the EPA, EEOC et al and 30% tax rates?

Energy is our most valuable resource. YOU CAN'T OUTSOURCE MINING. But when you have a POTUS who said so publicly while campaigning he WILL KNEECAP THE COAL INDUSTRY and fools and idiots actually vote for the guy, well, don't cry about it. You got exactly what you voted for: 4 dollars for a gallon of gasoline, higher electric bills---

This is all shit Obama promised you.

You want to talk about NAFTA start a thread on that. That's another can of worms that came way before Obastard stole his first election in Chicago.

We saw $4 a gallon gas before Obama ever set foot in the White House. And, our foreign policy, especially trade policies, are very relevant when discussing unemployment.

BTW, I didn't vote for Obama.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 09:44 AM
We saw $4 a gallon gas before Obama ever set foot in the White House.

That was one summer. :)

It's gone up 250% on Obama's watch and has stayed there for almost 3 years.

Don't defend the indefensible.

banyon
07-10-2011, 09:45 AM
You do realize that emerging economies ie 3rd world countries always grow at 6% -8% where established economies ie 1st world grow normally at 2%-4%?

Once Brazil, Indonesia et al catch up with us (or pass us) they will slow down.

The rates at which they are growing and we are flailing is only exacerbated by our government caused depression.

They will slow, but we will be irrelevant because we have listened to the free market and deregulation acolytes who keep promising if only we do more we will be better off, but actually we have outsourced almost our entire productive capacity.

Simply cutting taxes as the answer to everything as we've done for 30 years is not going to help.

johnny961
07-10-2011, 09:50 AM
That was one summer. :)

It's gone up 250% on Obama's watch and has stayed there for almost 3 years.

Don't defend the indefensible.

For gas to have went up 250% under Obama's watch it would have had to start at around $1.60 a gallon. A price we haven't seen since long before Obama took office.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 10:14 AM
They will slow, but we will be irrelevant because we have listened to the free market and deregulation acolytes who keep promising if only we do more we will be better off, but actually we have outsourced almost our entire productive capacity.

Simply cutting taxes as the answer to everything as we've done for 30 years is not going to help.

"let's see, I pissed away 3 trillion bucks in two years... hmmmmm... let's raise taxes, now." -Obama

banyon
07-10-2011, 10:34 AM
"let's see, I pissed away 3 trillion bucks in two years... hmmmmm... let's raise taxes, now." -Obama

"raise taxes"

That seems to be the talking point du jour, but wasn't the only thing being proposed was rolling back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy and getting rid of some corporate tax deductions?

go bowe
07-10-2011, 11:23 AM
banyon, the kenyan commie was sent by the devil to ruin our economy and destroy america...

how can you defend the incomprehensible?

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 11:24 AM
"raise taxes"

That seems to be the talking point du jour, but wasn't the only thing being proposed was rolling back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy and getting rid of some corporate tax deductions?

banyon, the kenyan commie was sent by the devil to ruin our economy and destroy america...

how can you defend the incomprehensible?

Fail again, fellas.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cMnSp4qEXNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HonestChieffan
07-10-2011, 11:30 AM
The growing ones.

Awesome examples of governments, society, and places we should aspire to.

Have you suffered heat stroke?

go bowe
07-10-2011, 11:38 AM

aspire to? nope, not even close...

learn from and improve our economic outlook?

maybe...

why not at least look at what's going on to see if government intervention/regulation can be modified to better serve our own interests?

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 11:45 AM
why not at least look at what's going on to see if government intervention/regulation can be modified to better serve our own interests?

Isn't that what Obama is doing now?

How's it working out?

banyon
07-10-2011, 12:04 PM

We should aspire to improve our economy and labor base, like those countries are.

Did you have some example of a country that has outsourced and deregulated more than the US that was a model of prosperity you'd like to aspire to?

Saul Good
07-10-2011, 12:31 PM
For gas to have went up 250% under Obama's watch it would have had to start at around $1.60 a gallon. A price we haven't seen since long before Obama took office.

Gas was $1.80 on the day Obama was sworn in. It is currently up about 225% after the recent dip in price.

HonestChieffan
07-10-2011, 12:34 PM
We should aspire to improve our economy and labor base, like those countries are.

Did you have some example of a country that has outsourced and deregulated more than the US that was a model of prosperity you'd like to aspire to?

Having traveled quite a lot overseas, I can, with no reservation or hesitation, say that No, I would not be inclined to emulate any system that I have seen as a replacement for ours.

go bowe
07-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Gas was $1.80 on the day Obama was sworn in. It is currently up about 225% after the recent dip in price.

pfffft...

everybody knows you can't trust arithmetic...

go bowe
07-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Having traveled quite a lot overseas, I can, with no reservation or hesitation, say that No, I would not be inclined to emulate any system that I have seen as a replacement for ours.

replacement?

no way, never gonna happen, don't want it to happen...

but there may be lessons learned from their experiences in improving their economies...

not systems, just a few policies maybe; who knows what will help us in our situation?

if there's anything like that i want to have us benefit from it...

Saul Good
07-10-2011, 12:41 PM
replacement?

but there may be lessons learned from their experiences in improving their economies...

not systems, just a few policies maybe; who knows what will help us in our situation?

Are you for or against the slave labor part?

go bowe
07-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Are you for or against the slave labor part?

depends on who the slaves are, i guess...

go bowe
07-10-2011, 12:46 PM
ok, i was kidding...

the disparity in wages (and thus costs) is a huge problem that does not appear to have any simple solution (or any solution at all, for that matter)...

stevieray
07-10-2011, 12:47 PM
replacement?

huh? are you kidding me? the majority of the world is in poverty, and you want to look at their policies to help us?

You know what our problem is?

GREED and a lack of INTEGRITY.

johnny961
07-10-2011, 12:59 PM

Yeah, somewhere around there for a short period. But I don't think that this short unsustained blip in the gas prices was enough to pin the entire thing on the Democrats. Gas was flirting with that $3 a gallon pricetag as early as the fall of 2005. Do a Google search on historic gas prices and you'll see that gasoline prices started a general upward trend long before Obama. The average retail price for gasoline between 2004 - 2008 is considerably higher than that $1.80 low.

go bowe
07-10-2011, 01:00 PM
huh? are you kidding me? the majority of the world is in poverty, and you want to look at their policies to help us?

You know what our problem is?

GREED and a lack of INTEGRITY.

nobody is suggesting that we look at the policies of countries that don't have a growing economy...

countries with growing economies don't have nearly the poverty problem of countries whose economy is not growing or virtually nonexistent...

Saul Good
07-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah, somewhere around there for a short period. But I don't think that this short unsustained blip in the gas prices was enough to pin the entire thing on the Democrats. Gas was flirting with that $3 a gallon pricetag as early as the fall of 2005. Do a Google search on historic gas prices and you'll see that gasoline prices started a general upward trend long before Obama. The average retail price for gasoline between 2004 - 2008 is considerably higher than that $1.80 low.

Gas was at $4.12 three years ago today. It dropped to $1.61 around 1/1/2009.

stevieray
07-10-2011, 01:17 PM
nobody is suggesting that we look at the policies of countries that don't have a growing economy...

countries with growing economies don't have nearly the poverty problem of countries whose economy is not growing or virtually nonexistent...

what are you suggesting, then?

..seems to me you think that other countries are what should model ourselves after? if so, it's a crock of shit. I don't look at my neighbor to figure out how to handle my own life.

...the latter part of your post is nothing short of captain obvious.

go bowe
07-10-2011, 01:22 PM
what are you suggesting, then?

..seems to me you think that other countries are what should model ourselves after? if so, it's a crock of shit. I don't look at my neighbor to figure out how to handle my own life.

...the latter part of your post is nothing short of captain obvious.

seriously, have you read the thread?

i've made it abundantly clear that i think we could gain by looking at the policies of countries whose economies are growing faster than ours...

i have specifically rejected the idea that we should replace our model of government or model ourselves after them in some way...

what seems to you isn't what i've said at all...

stevieray
07-10-2011, 01:23 PM
i've made it abundantly clear that i think we could gain by looking at the policies of countries whose economies are growing faster than ours...

gain what?

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
seriously, have you read the thread?

i've made it abundantly clear that i think we could gain by looking at the policies of countries whose economies are growing faster than ours......

I already said that emerging economies grow fast. There's nothing to learn. It's Econ 101.

go bowe
07-10-2011, 01:29 PM
gain what?

don't know what at this point...

maybe nothing, maybe something that could help our situation, because their economies are growing and some of their experience might give us some insight as to how to approach specific problems that seem insurmountable...

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Here, let's just stick to the facts and watch how fast banyon and go bowe resort to ad hominem attacks...

In 2010 – and for the fifth consecutive year – the World Bank’s annual “Doing Business” survey, which ranks 183 economies on key aspects of regulation for domestic firms, found Singapore to be the world’s friendliest regulatory environment, followed by Hong Kong, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. This fifth-place ranking represented a decline for the U.S., which in the 2009 survey ranked third – and it showed America bucking a worldwide trend.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/01/10-ways-to-save-economy-obama-assails-business-communitys-complaining-on/#ixzz1RjUqCVfc

Gee? What could it be? What could have happened that made the US go from 3rd to 5th in only one year? :hmmm:

stevieray
07-10-2011, 01:48 PM
don't know what at this point...

maybe nothing, maybe something that could help our situation, because their economies are growing and some of their experience might give us some insight as to how to approach specific problems that seem insurmountable...
help our situation? how?

it's ours. we own it. we got too big for our britches and became selfish in believing we were all entitled to proseperous incomes and outcomes. then to mask that, we started paying our rent with a ****ing credit card.

there's not a damn thing they can do to stop the inevitable.

..and to be honest, it's been right in front of our eyes the whole time. Our President told us to look who he hung with to see who he was..." the radicals, the marxists," etc.

...and now that same kind of anti american mindset is held by people in the admin, and the left not only is willing to discuss them, they make sarcastic remarks of those who even question it.

go bowe
07-10-2011, 02:01 PM
help our situation? how?

it's ours. we own it. we got too big for our britches and became selfish in believing we were all entitled to proseperous incomes and outcomes. then to mask that, we started paying our rent with a ****ing credit card.

there's not a damn thing they can do to stop the inevitable.

..and to be honest, it's been right in front of our eyes the whole time. Our President told us to look who he hung with to see who he was..." the radicals, the marxists," etc.

...and now that same kind of anti american mindset is held by people in the admin, and the left not only is willing to discuss them, they make sarcastic remarks of those who even question it.
oh, i don't know, maybe they have really high exemptions for estate taxes or no estate taxes at all and that policy really does stimulate the economy, if so maybe we should eliminate the estate tax altogether, i don't know...

stevieray
07-10-2011, 02:22 PM
oh, i don't know, maybe they have really high exemptions for estate taxes or no estate taxes at all and that policy really does stimulate the economy, if so maybe we should eliminate the estate tax altogether, i don't know...

i hear you, brother, I admire that you are looking for a silver lining of any sort.

The Mad Crapper
07-10-2011, 04:34 PM
i hear you, brother, I admire that you are looking for a silver lining of any sort.

The silver lining is Obama does not get re-elected.

ClevelandBronco
07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
The silver lining is Obama does not get re-elected.

I don't know about that. I would think that the unemployed would have a great personal incentive to vote democrat. They're more likely to keep them government checks rollin' in.

go bowe
07-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't know about that. I would think that the unemployed would have a great personal incentive to vote democrat. They're more likely to keep them government checks rollin' in.

that might well be the case...

hadn't really thought about it before, but it makes sense...

stevieray
07-11-2011, 04:04 PM
that might well be the case...

hadn't really thought about it before, but it makes sense...

human nature to take the path of least resistance..also why franklin said the best way to help people rise up was to make them uncomfortable in thier situation....very empowering to overcome something you didn't think was even possible.

Frankie
07-11-2011, 04:49 PM
human nature to take the path of least resistance..also why franklin said the best way to help people rise up was to make them uncomfortable in thier situation....very empowering to overcome something you didn't think was even possible.

So,... GOP is trying to make it uncomfortable for people so they would rise up against cuts in Social Security, Medicare, Medicate, and tax cuts for billionaires.

Got it. Thanks.

Stewie
07-11-2011, 04:58 PM
So,... GOP is trying to make it uncomfortable for people so they would rise up against cuts in Social Security, Medicare, Medicate, and tax cuts for billionaires.

Got it. Thanks.

That's miniscule compared to the billion$ this asshole Obama has given the banks. With the new Dem budget it will add ~$5200 per household when they can least afford it.

People are SO concerned about the rich paying income tax. They don't give a fuck! They already have their money. They're not paying shit on their wealth, but live the high life on assets they already own. They just sit back and laugh about "the rich should pay income tax."

Frankie
07-11-2011, 05:25 PM
That's miniscule compared to the billion$ this asshole Obama has given the banks. With the new Dem budget it will add ~$5200 per household when they can least afford it.

People are SO concerned about the rich paying income tax. They don't give a ****! They already have their money. They're not paying shit on their wealth, but live the high life on assets they already own. They just sit back and laugh about "the rich should pay income tax."

I have a lot of issues about Obama and his decisions. I find some quite frustrating. That said, didn't the process to bail out the banks start in Bush's last year?

stevieray
07-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Got it. Thanks.

you aint' got shit, except a point flying on top and over your head.

Frankie
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
you aint' got shit, except a point flying on top and over your head.

If you say so. LMAO

stevieray
07-11-2011, 10:33 PM
If you say so. LMAO

we were talking about welfare..try to keep up.

this is the part where you avoid the point.

Frankie
07-11-2011, 11:21 PM
we were talking about welfare..try to keep up.

this is the part where you avoid the point.

I thought a true bible following Christian was all for welfare. :hmmm:

BigChiefFan
07-11-2011, 11:35 PM
I thought a true bible following Christian was all for welfare. :hmmm:You should do it out the kindness of your heart, not because the government dictated you do it.

One is willing, the other is forced upon an individual.

We should always look out for our fellow man, but not by dictation.

stevieray
07-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I thought a true bible following Christian was all for welfare. :hmmm:

oh look, frankie changing the subject when he puts a payless shoe store in his mouth.

but I'll indulge you...

1) You only give the Bible and God validity when you can use it as a weapon. fail. Your point is ultimately irrelevant and moot.

2) God says give with one hand, and don't let the other hand see what you are doing.

3)Franklin was brought up, because his approach to welfare was to motivate the citizens, not the government.

4) You butted into a conversation where the premise of people on welfare would tend to vote democrat, to keep the entitlements...you then tried to deflect it to the GOP, which as, everyone knows, is pretty much the only weapon in your arsenal.

Frankie
07-12-2011, 08:57 AM
oh look, frankie changing the subject when he puts a payless shoe store in his mouth.

but I'll indulge you...

1) You only give the Bible and God validity when you can use it as a weapon. fail. Your point is ultimately irrelevant and moot.

2) God says give with one hand, and don't let the other hand see what you are doing.

3)Franklin was brought up, because his approach to welfare was to motivate the citizens, not the government.

4) You butted into a conversation where the premise of people on welfare would tend to vote democrat, to keep the entitlements...you then tried to deflect it to the GOP, which as, everyone knows, is pretty much the only weapon in your arsenal.

If you say so stevie. If you say so.

Swanman
07-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I love this vid from Lewis Black. This was from a show he did shortly after the Bush cuts were enacted. It has nsfw language, as Lewis loves the f bombs.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4oq_1KdZIsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>