PDA

View Full Version : Economics Massachusetts. Crazy as hell.

HonestChieffan
07-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Pure Nuts.

Boston.com — [S]tarting this month, Cambridge will become what is believed to be the first municipality in the country to pay its public employees a stipend in an attempt to defray the cost of the federal tax on health benefits for their same-sex spouses.

Of the thousands of legally married gay and lesbian couples in Massachusetts, none can receive the federal benefits offered to heterosexual married couples because the federal government doesn’t recognize same-sex marriages.

“This is about equality,” said Marjorie Decker, a Cambridge city councilor. “This is a city that models what equality really means.”

The city employees hit by the extra tax pay an additional $1,500 to $3,000 in taxes a year and officials estimate the stipends would cost the city an additional $33,000.

Chiefshrink
07-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Our country is sooooooooooooooooo F'd up right now. We have to get off this "hedonistic road" that ended the Roman empire.

Amnorix
07-11-2011, 06:18 AM
CAMBRIDGE, crazy as hell.

BucEyedPea
07-11-2011, 09:08 AM
MASS is still CRAZY as hell. No wonder sane ones are leaving that state.

oldandslow
07-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Our country is sooooooooooooooooo F'd up right now. We have to get off this "hedonistic road" that ended the Roman empire.

While I am no fan of "hedonism," to blame the fall of the Roman Empire on one factor is nonsense.

Brock
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
While I am no fan of "hedonism," to blame the fall of the Roman Empire on one factor is nonsense.

What, you don't agree that Rome fell because they started having gay marriages and stuff? You are a heathen.

Garcia Bronco
07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
hmmm...that's illegal...it violates equal protection, just like refusing to recognize same sex marriages and recognizing other types of marriage

BucEyedPea
07-11-2011, 09:50 AM
What, you don't agree that Rome fell because they started having gay marriages and stuff? You are a heathen.

Rome never had gay marriages ( or at least ones recognized). They allowed gay sex though.

Brock
07-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Rome never had gay marriages ( or at least ones recognized). They allowed gay sex though.

:facepalm:

Jaric
07-11-2011, 10:44 AM
:facepalm:

See, just allowing gay sex was enough to bring the Republic crashing down all around them.

BucEyedPea
07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
See, just allowing gay sex was enough to bring the Republic crashing down all around them.

They became dissolute in many areas. However, homosexualilty was always practiced freely during the pagan era. Jews were different in this respect. Judeo Christianity are the two religions that were against its practice.

The Mad Crapper
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Well a point is when a Republic thinks gay marriage is a priority when it has bankrupted the nation, yeah...

It does tend to lead to some sort of crashing down.

BigChiefFan
07-11-2011, 02:14 PM
The melting pot has become molten sludge.

Jaric
07-11-2011, 02:28 PM
They became dissolute in many areas. However, homosexualilty was always practiced freely during the pagan era. Jews were different in this respect. Judeo Christianity are the two religions that were against its practice.I know BEP. I was making a funny.

;)

Jaric
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Well a point is when a Republic thinks gay marriage is a priority when it has bankrupted the nation, yeah...

It does tend to lead to some sort of crashing down.

I'm confused. Are you saying that gay marriage is what has bankrupted the nation?

Because if that is your point, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Bump
07-11-2011, 02:31 PM
only on Chiefs planet would a topic about gay marriages getting money turn into an argument on the fall of rome.

BigChiefFan
07-11-2011, 02:32 PM
I think the main point is, there should never have been legislation on the issue in the first place.

Government should have ZERO say in the matter, as it is a religious issue.

We've allowed way too much intrusion to infringe upon our rights.

Jaric
07-11-2011, 04:37 PM
only on Chiefs planet would a topic about gay marriages getting money turn into an incorrect argument on the fall of rome.
Fixed.