PDA

View Full Version : Religion Bible or Qur'an?

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Test your knowledge!

http://bibleorqurangame.blogspot.com/

Easy 6
07-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Very interesting tests, my memory isnt as good as i had thought, the similarities are incredible in places.

My question is this, how can so many similar texts result in such wildly different actions?

Say what you will about Christians, but when was the last time one of them blew up a building, bus, plane full of women & children in the name of these passages?

We could talk about the Lebanese Phalangist Christian massacres of Muslims in the Sabra & Shatilla refugee camps, but that was over 30 years ago...

Christians have perpetrated some unbelievable horrors in the name of Christ, but the huge majority have been many years ago & really, as far as i can tell, were very isolated incidents.

Despite protestations to the contrary, i truly dont believe most Muslims have risen up enough in abject anger against their fellows like they should. Yes, proclamations from certain Masjids abound, but they seem to hold very, very little weight with the Muslim man on the street, they seem designed more to placate anxious local governments whether that be in the ME, Europe or America, maybe the news i get doesnt tell the whole story, but i cant shake the feeling that what were fighting against is an overwhelming average man sentiment that anything but Islam out to destroy Islam.

It just isnt so from everything i see, yes, the west tries to tamp down certain feelings & control certain interests, but there is, no, Crusade being waged right now, except from Muslims.

Frankie, you know i love ya, chime in & show me something i'm not seeing.

nstygma
07-12-2011, 12:33 AM
i did decent i think, stopped at 39/44

My question is this, how can so many similar texts result in such wildly different actions?
this might be an answer, "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." Have you ever heard that phrase?

BigChiefFan
07-12-2011, 12:38 AM
The majority of ALL religions are PEACEFUL. America's melting pot should be evidence of that. Mutual respect is key to a peaceful existence.

Bump
07-12-2011, 12:39 AM
If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people

Leviticus 20:18

damn, I thought that was the Qur'an

Bump
07-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

that's right Bible, tell that bitch to STFD and STFU

stevieray
07-12-2011, 01:09 AM
....for two thousand years and counting, people are still being killed for believing in the Bible.

why?

Dave Lane
07-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Arabs would say the exact same thing. Hindus too.

Easy 6
07-12-2011, 01:17 AM
i did decent i think, stopped at 39/44

this might be an answer, "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." Have you ever heard that phrase?

I stopped counting after a while, but i'm pretty sure you beat me.

No i havent heard that phrase, its worthy of some thought though... maybe its obvious, but whats your interpretation?

stevieray
07-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Arabs would say the exact same thing. Hindus too.

difference is...they kill each other and Christians.

...where do people of the Muslim faith and the Hindu faith get killed in the name of Christianity today?

Jenson71
07-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Religion is just one important part of a civilization's culture and why it acts the way it does. It does not tell the whole story, although it would usually be best if it did.

Brainiac
07-12-2011, 09:45 AM
....for two thousand years and counting, people are still being killed for believing in the Bible.

why?
Has anyone been killed during that time for NOT believing in the Bible?

Before you say "no", think about the Crusades, the Salem Witch Trials, and the number of people put to death on the charge of heresy.

Jaric
07-12-2011, 10:07 AM

Before you say "no", think about the Crusades, the Salem Witch Trials, and the number of people put to death on the charge of heresy.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1876/spanishinquisitioncn0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/262/spanishinquisitioncn0.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

boogblaster
07-12-2011, 10:11 AM
really can't get into Qur'an .. don't like humpin' camels ....

Frankie
07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I took the first 10 questions and was right on 9. Batting 90%. :thumb: I have to run now but I'll be back.

Calcountry
07-12-2011, 07:30 PM
difference is...they kill each other and Christians.

...where do people of the Muslim faith and the Hindu faith get killed in the name of Christianity today?How about this one: John 13: 34-35 = "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.</SPAN> 35 (http://bible.cc/john/13-35.htm)By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another"

It doesn't say go blow the infidel up and cut their head off.

I must say, His work on my is not complete because I fail at this and have to pray about it all the time. But I know the standard.

go bowe
07-12-2011, 08:32 PM
I took the first 10 questions and was right on 9. Batting 90%. :thumb: I have to run now but I'll be back.

RUN FAST, fluh, fluh, flunkie!!!

(i thought maybe you were missing crappie)

Pitt Gorilla
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
How about this one: John 13: 34-35 = "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.</SPAN> 35 (http://bible.cc/john/13-35.htm)By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another"

It doesn't say go blow the infidel up and cut their head off.

I must say, His work on my is not complete because I fail at this and have to pray about it all the time. But I know the standard.Just don't curse your family.

Frankie
07-12-2011, 09:18 PM
RUN FAST, fluh, fluh, flunkie!!!

(i thought maybe you were missing crappie)

Like I miss my heart attack.

go bowe
07-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Like I miss my heart attack.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Frankie
07-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Frankie, you know i love ya, chime in & show me something i'm not seeing.

Religion is dangerous in that it demands blind faith and is open to crazy interpretations. It puts frustrated zealots in the position of being pawns for those with socio-political agenda. A guy like Bin Laden was happy enough sending "believers" to their deaths calling it a Jihad. But I bet he would never have commandeered one of those planes himself.

History shows atrocities by followers of all religions, be it 2000 years of Christianity or 1400 years of Islam, who thought they were under orders from God, when in fact they were under orders from their Bin Ladens.

Frankie
07-12-2011, 09:32 PM

why?

Of course for two thousand years Christians did not commit killings of those who believed in other books.

Frankie
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
really can't get into Qur'an .. don't like humpin' camels ....

I bet camels are relieved.

Wyndex
07-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Say what you will about Christians, but when was the last time one of them blew up a building, bus, plane full of women & children in the name of these passages?

McVeigh....

Doctors who perform abortions have been murdered in the name of Christianity etc..

Easy 6
07-12-2011, 09:57 PM
McVeigh....

Doctors who perform abortions have been murdered in the name of Christianity etc..

McVeigh wasnt religiously motivated, he hated government & yes, every few years an abortion doc gets whacked, but i'm talking about large scale, indiscriminate attacks.

I'm no apologist for atrocities committed by Christians, the Crusades produced horrific stuff, the Spanish firmly believed that they were well within their religious rights to slaughter all 'pagans' in their path upon landing in the new world, a likely majority of American Christians felt exactly the same about their subjugation of natives in our formative years.

But in the modern era, there simply isnt anything similar going on.

go bowe
07-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I bet camels are relieved.:) :) :)

listopencil
07-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Look at this:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/05/torani-bacon-syrup.jpg

http://www.torani.com/products/bacon-syrup

stevieray
07-13-2011, 06:18 AM

you answered a question with a question.

answer mine, and I'll answer yours.