PDA

View Full Version : General Politics These clowns aren't fit to run a popsicle stand

Cave Johnson
07-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Here's the setup. The R's budgetary goal was 85-15 spending cuts to tax increases. Guess what? That's basically what they've negotiated with the President.

Earlier this year House Republicans produced a report noting that an 85%-15% split between spending cuts and tax rises was the average for successful fiscal consolidations, according to historical evidence. The White House is offering an 83%-17% split (hardly a huge distance) and a promise that none of the revenue increase will come from higher marginal rates, only from eliminating loopholes. If the Republicans were real tax reformers, they would seize this offer.

http://www.economist.com/node/18928600?fsrc=scn/tw/te/ar/shameonthem

Moreover, I'm sure he'd be willing to go the other 2%. He's accommodating that way.

But no, getting exactly what your party wanted in the first place isn't good enough, because you've played with fire and now the inmates are close to running the asylum. So now we have the top R in the Senate trying to place the blame on Obama.

In a proposal that appears to be mostly about finding a way to raise the debt ceiling while protecting his fellow congressional Republicans from having to vote to do so, Sen. Mitch McConnell has suggested a way in which Congress could effectively give President Obama the power to raise the debt ceiling.

Under McConnell's plan, a "resolution of disapproval" to boost the debt-limit by $2.5 trillion would be introduced in both chambers with a majority of lawmakers voting for the resolution. In other words, they would have the chance to vote against any increase.

Obama would then veto the resolution, a veto Congress would be unable to override with the required two-thirds majority in both the House and Senate. That would allow the U.S. to legally go beyond its $14.3 trillion debt ceiling and avoid a widely feared, first-ever general default by the U.S. government on its obligations.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2011/07/12/137798961/mcconnell-proposes-congress-indirectly-give-obama-debt-ceiling-power

The presumptive frontrunner, meanwhile, has been silent on the issue. Because, after all, we need a change from the kind of leadership that stays out of the fray.

Compare Bachmann's approach to that of the GOP front-runner, Mitt Romney, who has made no public comments on the debt ceiling in more than a week. A representative for Romney said the candidate doesn't want to prejudge what may come out of negotiations.

"Mitt Romney doesn't want to do anything that would shake the confidence of the financial industry," said Pitney. "He's sensitive to those sentiments and again is thinking of himself as a potential nominee and not just someone running in the primaries but also in the fall of 2012 and doesn't want to hurt his appeal to independents."

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/13/137801119/gop-presidential-hopefuls-weigh-in-on-debt-ceiling

Hell in a handbasket, folks.

blaise
07-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Popsicle stand owners are flying private jets anyway. Why should they live the high life?

ChiefsCountry
07-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Funny considering Obama has never ran a business in his life.

Cave Johnson
07-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Funny considering Obama has never ran a business in his life.

Fine businessman, that Mitch McConnell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_McConnell

vailpass
07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Why should the Rs have to tell obama what the budget should look like? Why didn't obama use his leadership and power of position to have a viable budget in place well before now?

The Rs shouldn't be able to push obama like this but they are because they can. Where is the weak link here?

ROYC75
07-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Why should the Rs have to tell obama what the budget should look like? Why didn't obama use his leadership and power of position to have a viable budget in place well before now?

The Rs shouldn't be able to push obama like this but they are because they can. Where is the weak link here?

The chain is only as strong as the weakest link is .

RaiderH8r
07-13-2011, 12:41 PM
2 years. It has been over 2 year since D's have produced a budget in Congress. They have fundamentally failed in their fiscal duty.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 12:44 PM
2 years. It has been over 2 year since D's have produced a budget in Congress. They have fundamentally failed in their fiscal duty.

Yep. That is squarely on obama's shoulders. I'd vote for impeachment on dereliction of duty if they put it to a vote.

mlyonsd
07-13-2011, 12:49 PM
If republicans are clowns when it comes to the economy where does that put dems?

FD
07-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Yep. That is squarely on obama's shoulders. I'd vote for impeachment on dereliction of duty if they put it to a vote.

How is it on Obama's shoulders? He has produced a complete budget every year.

donkhater
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
It doesn't really matter. It's clear to me even the Republicans aren't serious about spending reduction, which is the only way to get a handle on the deficit.

$4 trillion over ten years? This is the BIG deal Obama wants? Don't make me laugh.

1. I'm willing to bet most of the spending cuts occur in years 8-10 of that proposal. In other words, they'll never happen.

2. Even if the spending cuts were spread evenly through out the years of the agreement, that's only about 25% of the total deficit. So instead of balancing the budget, in 2011 we'll 'only' have a $1.2 trillion deficit. Grrreat.

Both these parties are idiots. Greece is our future. We should come to grips with it now.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 01:30 PM
How is it on Obama's shoulders? He has produced a complete budget every year.

How is it the President's responsibility to ensure the country has a budget in place? Are you serious? You expect so little out of obama?

FD
07-13-2011, 01:39 PM
How is it the President's responsibility to ensure the country has a budget in place? Are you serious? You expect so little out of obama?

He produced a budget every year and prevented a government shutdown from occurring when Congress took too long to pass one. Are you seriously blaming Congress's inadequacies on him? It seems like you just want to blame Obama personally for all problems in government.

KC Dan
07-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Are you seriously blaming Congress's inadequacies on him? Not I. He has enough inadequacies of his own to then pile on Congress'. The democratic led congress never passing a budget is reprehensible. They made damn sure they passed that monstrosity of a health care bill but failed in one of their prime duties of passing a budget to the President. They should have all been fired. The lack of a passed budget is all on the dems.

FD
07-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Not I. He has enough inadequacies of his own to then pile on Congress'. The democratic led congress never passing a budget is reprehensible. They made damn sure they passed that monstrosity of a health care bill but failed in one of their prime duties of passing a budget to the President. They should have all been fired. The lack of a passed budget is all on the dems.

I agree.

patteeu
07-13-2011, 01:51 PM
If it were 85% spending cuts right now and 15% tax revenues in the out years instead of the reverse, it would be more palatable.

You act like this debt limit moment is the only moment available to work on getting our fiscal house in order. It's not. It's one of a series of opportunities and it's going to take multiple steps to maneuver the ship Obama is trying to sink back into the calmer waters of fiscal sanity.

This is a lot like the illegal immigration debate where a comprehensive deal is elusive because people like John McCain, George W. Bush and most democrats want amnesty to get locked in for current illegals before anyone can trust that the border is really going to be secured to prevent a repeat in the future. In this case, Obama and his partners in crime want to lock in tax hikes while promising cuts in the out years giving future Congresses plenty of time to reneg when the painful parts start to hit. We've had enough to these kinds of fraudulent deals.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 02:23 PM
He produced a budget every year and prevented a government shutdown from occurring when Congress took too long to pass one. Are you seriously blaming Congress's inadequacies on him? It seems like you just want to blame Obama personally for all problems in government.

LMAO How little you expect from a President. No, rather how far you are willing to go to cover up for obama's failure to lead. Very sad.

Tell me: do you feel obama has done a good job during his first term as President?

vailpass
07-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Not I. He has enough inadequacies of his own to then pile on Congress'. The democratic led congress never passing a budget is reprehensible. They made damn sure they passed that monstrosity of a health care bill but failed in one of their prime duties of passing a budget to the President. They should have all been fired. The lack of a passed budget is all on the dems.

And whose job is it to ride herd on Congress to get a budget passed? Obama couldn't drive/lead them to produce a budget and it is HIS OWN PARTY.
Sorry, the CEO is ultimately responsible for the bottom line of the company and obama has failed miserably in that respect.

FD
07-13-2011, 02:30 PM
LMAO How little you expect from a President. No, rather how far you are willing to go to cover up for obama's failure to lead. Very sad.

Tell me: do you feel obama has done a good job during his first term as President?

I myself am not an Obama supporter, and I dont know why you are confusing me for one. He did his part on the budget though, taking the lead and producing a complete budget every year. Through some twisted logic it seems you consider the failure of Congress to warrant impeachment of Obama, and it makes you look kind of ridiculous. Try sticking to criticizing him for real failures and not imaginary ones.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I myself am not an Obama supporter, and I dont know why you are confusing me for one. He did his part on the budget though, taking the lead and producing a complete budget every year. Through some twisted logic it seems you consider the failure of Congress to warrant impeachment of Obama, and it makes you look kind of ridiculous. Try sticking to criticizing him for real failures and not imaginary ones.

How can you not hold the President responsible for seeing to it that Congress performs it's duty?
Why do you keep saying he produced a budget every year when you know that is irrelevant?

FD
07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
How can you not hold the President responsible for seeing to it that Congress performs it's duty?

Read this again and think about how ridiculous you sound. You really want to impeach the President because Congress failed to do something? What was he supposed to do, take them to court?

Did you hear the Minnesota government shut down, is that Obama's fault? How can you not hold the President responsible for seeing to it that the Minnesota legislature performs it's duty?

vailpass
07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Read this again and think about how ridiculous you sound. You really want to impeach the President because Congress failed to do something? What was he supposed to do, take them to court?

Did you hear the Minnesota government shut down, is that Obama's fault? How can you not hold the President responsible for seeing to it that the Minnesota legislature performs it's duty?

I am not calling for impeachment, I said if they put it to a vote I'd vote up.

Simple question: Yes or no, do you believe it is the responsibility of the President of the United States to ensure that Congress carries out it's duties?

If not, do you agree that it is a very reasonable expectation to have a Dem President get a budget out of a Dem Congress?

FD
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I am not calling for impeachment, I said if they put it to a vote I'd vote up.

Simple question: Yes or no, do you believe it is the responsibility of the President of the United States to ensure that Congress carries out it's duties?

If not, do you agree that it is a very reasonable expectation to have a Dem President get a budget out of a Dem Congress?

Under our system, the president is given no ability to force Congress to act. All he can do is present a budget of his own and tell/ask them do it, both of which he did. What about this warrants impeachment, I ask you?

vailpass
07-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Under our system, the president is given no ability to force Congress to act. All he can do is present a budget of his own and tell/ask them do it, both of which he did. What about this warrants impeachment, I ask you?

Wrong. The President can and should do a lot more than "present and ask".
He needs to lead through strength and concensus building, using whip and carrot as needed. Strong Presidents throughout history have done just that. Do you really believe the President shouldn't be the prime driver in these matters? Sad if true.

You and I obviously hold the President to different standards. I've seen a lot of these lowered expectations since obama took office.

Again, nobody called for impeachment although I'd vote up if they put it to a vote.

FD
07-13-2011, 03:20 PM
He needs to lead through strength and concensus building, using whip and carrot as needed. Strong Presidents throughout history have done just that. Do you really believe the President shouldn't be the prime driver in these matters? Sad if true.

You and I obviously hold the President to different standards. I've seen a lot of these lowered expectations since obama took office.

Again, nobody called for impeachment although I'd vote up if they put it to a vote.

Again, you did say he should be impeached for this, for something that he cannot control. It makes your other criticisms of Obama hard to take seriously.

Chiefshrink
07-13-2011, 03:29 PM
McConnell f'd up by offering up to "O" yesterday the ability to increase the debt ceiling "thinking" okay buddy this will all be on you;McConnell thinking this gives the Repubs an out and this blame will all be on the Dems. That won't happen. But really what happened yesterday is that as soon as Boehner stood his ground "O" used CBS to start "Alinskyizing" the Repubs by using the scare tactic of SS checks not getting out blaming the Repubs and McConnell and the boys got really nervous thinking 1995 all over again. Remember the "Alinskyizing" of the Repubs for the 'government shutdown' and how the Repubs fell for that one. Well they fell again yesterday.

As opposed to what McConnell and the Repubs should do is stand firmly not allowing any increase in the ceiling and call Obama's bluff. All the Repubs have to do in the House is design a bill that makes sure seniors,military and folks on disability get their checks and then send this to Reid and Obama and I damn guarantee they don't veto it. Thus the debt ceiling doesn't get raised and everyone gets their checks. That is how you play hardball with these "Marxist cowardly pussies". But instead, the Repubs still haven't learned their lesson and are still afraid of the Marxist Media making them like "cowardly pussies" instead.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Again, you did say he should be impeached for this, for something that he cannot control. It makes your other criticisms of Obama hard to take seriously.

Are you being disingenuous or are you reading impaired? I didn't call for impeachment, I said I'd vote up if they put it to a vote.

Do you now care to answer my question?

FD
07-13-2011, 03:37 PM

No, under our Constitution, not only is it not the president's responsibility to force Congress to act, he has no authority or ability to.

Sure, he could have done more to force a budget, but he did prevent a government shutdown by compromising with both parties in Congress, so no harm was done.

I certainly wouldn't impeach him over it, and the failure does not fall on his shoulders whatsoever, it falls on the shoulders of the worthless Congressmen who couldn't get it together.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 03:38 PM
No, under our Constitution, not only is it not the president's responsibility to force Congress to act, he has no authority or ability to.

Sure, he could have done more to force a budget, but he did prevent a government shutdown by compromising with both parties in Congress, so no harm was done. I certainly wouldn't impeach him over it.

Sad that people like you will excuse a President like obama. Sad you have no higher expectations from the highest office in the land. Sad your expectations are being met.

go bowe
07-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Are you being disingenuous or are you reading impaired?

it's a fuckin conspiracy, obviously...

vailpass
07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
it's a ****in conspiracy, obviously...

:D Oh god Bowe don't bring them here.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-13-2011, 03:44 PM
If republicans are clowns when it comes to the economy where does that put dems?

Clowns get a bad rap.

FD
07-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Sad that people like you will excuse a President like obama. Sad you have no higher expectations from the highest office in the land. Sad your expectations are being met.

Frankly, it saddens me that there are people out there as ignorant of process and blindly partisan as you, that not only will they blame the president for something he didn't do, they will suggest impeachment is reasonable. Its so mindbogglingly stupid I don't even know what to make of it.

Cave Johnson
07-13-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm sure this guy is raring to build a consensus. IMPEACH OBAMA!!1!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W-A09a_gHJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
07-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Frankly, it saddens me that there are people out there as ignorant of process and blindly partisan as you, that not only will they blame the president for something he didn't do, they will suggest impeachment is reasonable. Its so mindbogglingly stupid I don't even know what to make of it.

"I know you are but what m I"? Is that the best you can do? You are welcome to your lowered standards but don't expect everyone to feel the same.
Some of us know better and believe we can do better as a country.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm sure this guy is raring to build a consensus. IMPEACH OBAMA!!1!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W-A09a_gHJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is Mcconnell President? Did I miss something?

Cave Johnson
07-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Is Mcconnell President? Did I miss something?

He's the minority leader in a body that is obstructionist in nature (others euphemistically refer to it as deliberative).

vailpass
07-13-2011, 04:03 PM
He's the minority leader in a body that is obstructionist in nature (others euphemistically refer to it as deliberative).

In other words he is not the President, the Commander in Chief, the occupant of the highest office in the land?
Yet you seek to excuse the President by comparing him to someone who is not the President?

patteeu
07-13-2011, 04:05 PM
I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect a democrat POTUS to be able to get a budget out of a democrat Congress. George W. Bush deserves to be held to account for what he and his Republican partners in Congress did between 2001 and 2006 and Obama deserves to be held to account for what he and his democrat partners in Congress did in 2009 and 2010. There's no excuse for his lack of leadership and those who turn a blind eye to it are either lying to themselves or not being honest with us.

I won't address whether that's impeachable or not, but I'm confident that I could find a dozen reasons for which I could vote to impeach our current POTUS. He's a terrible leader of our nation and a terrible leader of his party.

KC Dan
07-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Do you now care to answer my question?

I have to side with Dante on this one. No, it is NOT the President's responsibility to ensure that Congress carries out it's duties. Sure, Obama could have and probably should have twisted arms and whatever else to get the Democratically controlled Congress to pass a budget. However, The President does not have the authority in the Constitution to MAKE them do so. He has ZERO authority in that realm. You have heard of seperation of powers? It is THE responsibility of Congress to write and pass legislation (including the budget) and get it to the President for his approval signature or veto.

Obama did provide his idea of a budget each year (no matter how ignorant they were) to the Congress but they have to get off their azz and pass their own budget. The lack of Pelosi and Reed to pass a budget and the blame falls 100% squarely on them and not Obama. You are just wrong on this

patteeu
07-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I have to side with Dante on this one. No, it is NOT the President's responsibility to ensure that Congress carries out it's duties. Sure, Obama could have and probably should have twisted arms and whatever else to get the Democratically controlled Congress to pass a budget. However, The President does not have the authority in the Constitution to MAKE them do so. He has ZERO authority in that realm. You have heard of seperation of powers? It is THE responsibility of Congress to write and pass legislation (including the budget) and get it to the President for his approval signature or veto.

Obama did provide his idea of a budget each year (no matter how ignorant they were) to the Congress but they have to get off their azz and pass their own budget. The lack of Pelosi and Reed to pass a budget and the blame falls 100% squarely on them and not Obama. You are just wrong on this

Refusing to pass a budget was a political calculation and I don't believe for a minute that Obama wasn't on board with that strategy to save his Congressional majorities. I doubt that he was the mastermind of the strategy or that he provided much leadership at all, but I'm confident that he was on board.

Cave Johnson
07-13-2011, 04:09 PM
The lack of Pelosi and Reed to pass a budget and the blame falls 100% squarely on them and not Obama. You are just wrong on this

Pelosi's Speaker again? Because, frankly, I didn't want that shrill, botoxed woman back.

KC Dan
07-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Pelosi's Speaker again? Because, frankly, I didn't want that shrill, botoxed woman back.I was speaking of when she was speaker and FAILED to do her duty and get a budget passed in the House

KC Dan
07-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Refusing to pass a budget was a political calculation and I don't believe for a minute that Obama wasn't on board with that strategy to save his Congressional majorities. I doubt that he was the mastermind of the strategy or that he provided much leadership at all, but I'm confident that he was on board.Possibly very true but not his responsibility to make the Congress pass one. That is all I was saying. And, yes, he should have twisted arms to get one passed

KC Dan
07-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Sure, he could have done more to force a budget, but he did prevent a government shutdown by compromising with both parties in Congress, so no harm was done.

I certainly wouldn't impeach him over it, and the failure does not fall on his shoulders whatsoever, it falls on the shoulders of the worthless Congressmen who couldn't get it together.You have noticed that the Republically held House did pass a budget this year but Reid still has not. I just plain don't think that the Dems ever WANT a budget in place. The more and more that I think about it, Pat may be right about it being a political calculation for the Dems to NEVER pass a budget

go bowe
07-13-2011, 04:15 PM
:D Oh god Bowe don't bring them here.

too late... :eek: :eek: :eek:

patteeu
07-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Possibly very true but not his responsibility to make the Congress pass one. That is all I was saying. And, yes, he should have twisted arms to get one passed

Yes, I agree. Technically, it's not his responsibility.

Cave Johnson
07-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Clowns get a bad rap.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be lumped in with McConnell either. ;)

Radar Chief
07-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Pelosi's Speaker again? Because, frankly, I didn't want that shrill, botoxed woman back.

Canít say I blame you for that.

Calcountry
07-13-2011, 04:23 PM

The Rs shouldn't be able to push obama like this but they are because they can. Where is the weak link here?2 narratives: 1) He is so incompetent, that he isn't the President, but he plays one on TV; 2)He is deliberately "changing" America to an Amerika of his liking.

Personally, I would lean to the latter, but, either way it is a shit sandwich and we are all being asked to take a bite.

KC Dan
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Personally, I would lean to the latter, but, either way it is a shit sandwich and we are all being asked to take a bite.
Tastes like chicken....

Stewie
07-13-2011, 04:30 PM
This budget is a moot point. It's grandstanding by politicians who think they're smart and the sheeple follow. The bigger issue is the untenable promises politicians have made for years that are now here to roost. There is no way in hell that those promises will ever be fulfilled. Print more money. NOW!!!!

Jaric
07-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I think the point Vail and Pat are making (and IMO it's a valid one) is that if a Democrat President presents a budget to a Democrat filled House it "should" be able to get passed.

Calcountry
07-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Tastes like chicken....ROFL

Calcountry
07-13-2011, 06:31 PM
This budget is a moot point. It's grandstanding by politicians who think they're smart and the sheeple follow. The bigger issue is the untenable promises politicians have made for years that are now here to roost. There is no way in hell that those promises will ever be fulfilled. Print more money. NOW!!!!Would you like a side order of free health care with for that vote?

Calcountry
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Ummm, let me see, I , am ummm gonna save GM, and uhhh you bondholders can take a haircut, you are rich fat cats anyway, and uhhh, now is not the time for profits.

I knew right then, that it was going to be a hellofa ride. BO hasn't disappointed.

RedNeckRaider
07-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I find it laughable that someone would start a thread with this title and not be referring to this embarrassment of a president and his administration~

Calcountry
07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I find it laughable that someone would start a thread with this title and not be referring to this embarrassment of a president and his administration~Am I the only one who is sick of listening to this simpleton explaining basic economics to us?

Umm, the problem is high gas prices, put an unnnmmm drag on the consumer.

/ get me the remote dammit, not this shit again!!!11

Cave Johnson
07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I think the point Vail and Pat are making (and IMO it's a valid one) is that if a Democrat President presents a budget to a Democrat filled House it "should" be able to get passed.

Since when have Democrats been an organized party....

mlyonsd
07-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Since when have Democrats been an organized party....Which rolls back to your original thread title. "These clowns aren't fit to run a popsicle stand".

RedNeckRaider
07-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Which rolls back to your original thread title. "These clowns aren't fit to run a popsicle stand".

LMAO

patteeu
07-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Since when have Democrats been an organized party....

Since 1828 (or 1792 depending on when you mark the beginning).

RaiderH8r
07-14-2011, 09:05 AM

Democrats: F'ing up the country since 1828 (or 1792 depending on when you mark the beginning).

That should fit on a t-shirt.

patteeu
07-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Democrats: F'ing up the country since 1828 (or 1792 depending on when you mark the beginning).

That should fit on a t-shirt.

Well, we could probably drop the parenthetical, because in fairness, the Louisiana Purchase was a pretty sweet deal. :)

Chief Faithful
07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Interesting you are poking at the Republicans for their budget while the Democrats under Pelosi were so out of control on spending they decided to operate for over 800 days without a budget. I guess your point is if the decissions are hard just don't address it at all.

Cave Johnson
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM

Your humorlessness/cluelessness never ceases to amaze...

headsnap
07-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Your humorlessness/cluelessness never ceases to amaze...

:spock:

the irony is strong with this post...

Cave Johnson
07-14-2011, 11:14 AM
:spock:

the irony is strong with this post...

IT'S LIKE RAIIIIIIIIIIIIN, ON YOUR WEDDING DAY.

So you don't know one of the most famous political quips either..... gotcha.

Chief Henry
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Obama is a spoiled child...he's never had any one standup to him before. He doesn't know what to do.

Chief Henry
07-14-2011, 11:24 AM

The Minnesota gov. is agreeing to pass the Republican budget. Just heard about it...:clap:

Cave Johnson
07-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Add Reid & Pelosi to the clown car. JFC.

While most members and observers have been focusing on the debt talks at the White House, a striking number of principal negotiators have said they could accept the McConnell's plan as a way out.

Reid has praised the plan, the White House has suggested it would reluctantly accept it, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said "What Leader McConnell has put on the table recognizes that we must pass. So it has that merit in that it says what are we talking about here: We have to pass this. And let's talk about the others things that are going on."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/07/silver-bullet-reid-mcconnell-hatch-plan-to-avoid-default.php

Jaric
07-14-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not exagerrating when I say I'd be happy if someone smothered Pelosi with a pillow.

go bowe
07-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm not exagerrating when I say I'd be happy if someone smothered Pelosi with a pillow.

i'd feel sorry for the pillow...

can you imagine being pressed against that face?

Jaric
07-15-2011, 09:30 AM
i'd feel sorry for the pillow...

can you imagine being pressed against that face?

/fullbodyshiver

RedNeckRaider
07-15-2011, 11:22 AM

I would be happy if someone smothered Harry Reid with a with a pillow and then smothered her with his corpse~

HonestChieffan
07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
I would be happy if someone smothered Harry Reid with a with a pillow and then smothered her with his corpse~

Oh come on. You think shes hot. Admit it.

RedNeckRaider
07-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh come on. You think shes hot. Admit it.

She has a voice made for ear plugs and a face made for a blindfold~

RaiderH8r
07-15-2011, 11:58 AM
She has a voice made for ear plugs and a face made for a blindfold~

Butthole and ball gag dude and she'll be just fine.