PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues RW posters especially the RWNJs (u no who u r, MC) would find this interesting.

Frankie
07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy

Voters are increasingly displeased with President Obama's handling of the economy, but a new poll finds most Americans still think George W. Bush is responsible for the nation's dismal financial state.

According to a new Quinnipiac poll, 54 percent of those surveyed say Bush is responsible for the "current condition" of the economy, compared to just 27 percent who blame Obama. Among self-described independent voters, a key 2012 voting bloc, the number shifts slightly: 49 percent point the finger at the former GOP president, while 24 percent blame Obama.

Supporters of Obama's re-election will no doubt view the number as a good sign for the president's bid for a second term. But they shouldn't get excited yet.

Polls over the last year have consistently found that voters continue to blame Bush more than Obama for the struggling economy. Yet Obama and Democrats have consistently struggled to translate that displeasure with Bush into a vote against GOP candidates.

But that could be changing. While Obama's approval rating on the economy is nothing short of dismal—just 38 percent approve—the Quinnipiac poll finds more Americans trust the president on the issue than the GOP congress, 45 percent to 38 percent. Meanwhile, 48 percent of those surveyed say they will blame the GOP congress if a debt deal isn't approved, compared to 34 percent who say they will blame the Obama administration.

Those aren't great numbers for Republicans who are likely to face just as much political peril as Obama in 2012 if the economy doesn't improve over the next year.

The Quinnipiac poll also finds major support for one of the concessions Obama has called for in the debt deal: 67 percent say any deal on the deficit should also include tax increases on the wealthy and corporations, in addition to spending cuts

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/voters-blame-bush-more-obama-economy-143014602.html

notorious
07-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Comparing the bad to the bad: Does it really work?

Probably.

SNR
07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I wish Americans weren't so stupid. The idea that you can blame this recession on one guy in one office isn't accurate, it just makes for a smoother channel to vent hate and frustration. That goes for Bush AND Obama.

Polls like this only feed into the idiocy and encourage uneducated voters to simplify everything into one group. Recession vs no recession. Bush vs Obama. Republicans vs Democrats.

Sorry for the idealism. I promise it won't happen again.

notorious
07-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I wish Americans weren't so stupid. The idea that you can blame this recession on one guy in one office isn't accurate, it just makes for a smoother channel to vent hate and frustration. That goes for Bush AND Obama.

Polls like this only feed into the idiocy and encourage uneducated voters to simplify everything into one group. Recession vs no recession. Bush vs Obama. Republicans vs Democrats.

Let it happen more often. You are exactly right.

BucEyedPea
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
The problem is no one in the Establishment EVER fingers the Federal Reserve's culprits like Greenspan, who denies responsibility or Bernanke who is far worse than Greenspan.
It is this institution that makes all this BS possible because it is the enabler and creator of moral hazards.

Garcia Bronco
07-14-2011, 12:03 PM

Agreed. The President is not the one that spends the money, but merely suggests a budget plan.

ClevelandBronco
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
...most Americans still think George W. Bush is responsible...

That's probably easier for them than coming to terms with their own responsibility for the worst vote of their lives.

trndobrd
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
This seals it. George W. Bush has no chance to be re-elected in 2012.

notorious
07-14-2011, 12:25 PM

Yay! It really is good news.

HonestChieffan
07-14-2011, 12:39 PM

That could unleash wall street. Lets get the word out.

KC native
07-14-2011, 01:09 PM

But according to the RWNJ's out here, the president is the number one determinant of whether we're in a recession or not.

fan4ever
07-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Hmmm, wonder how those questions would have polled a year ago.

Wonder even more how they'll poll in November 2012.

Keep believin'...

HonestChieffan
07-14-2011, 02:12 PM
“My administration has a job to do as well, and that job is to get this economy back on its feet — that’s my job. And it’s a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, ‘Well this is Obama’s economy’ — that’s fine — GIVE IT TO ME. My job is to solve problems, not to stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe. So . . . so I welcome the job. I want the responsibility.” — President Obama, July 14, 2009

Dammit barak

ROYC75
07-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Whoever said ALL of the American voters were intelligent?

fan4ever
07-14-2011, 02:49 PM
“My administration has a job to do as well, and that job is to get this economy back on its feet — that’s my job. And it’s a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, ‘Well this is Obama’s economy’ — that’s fine — GIVE IT TO ME. My job is to solve problems, not to stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe. So . . . so I welcome the job. I want the responsibility.” — President Obama, July 14, 2009

Dammit barak

While "Read my lips" cost George Bush the election, Obama's voters will never hold him to his word; it's not that kind of party.

redsurfer11
07-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Agreed. The President is not the one that spends the money, but merely suggests a budget plan.

Pssst. Someone should tell Obombus that. No budget plan from him in over 800 days.

blaise
07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
But according to the RWNJ's out here, the president is the number one determinant of whether we're in a recession or not.

That's not party specific. The president will get undue credit and blame no matter which party.

2bikemike
07-14-2011, 03:59 PM

This is so true. And if you really want to place a share of blame lets put some on the lawmakers that brought us Social Security and Medicare in the first place. While they may have been a noble gesture they were doomed from the start.

The lawmakers of this country have long been on a tear attempting to provide for the American people the things that they should be providing for themselves.

I have said it before and I will say it again. It is not the Governments responsibilty to put food on your table, a roof over your head, transportation to and from work, or money in your pocket when you do retire.

It is high time there be a change in the way Government manages its financial house. One way or another its gonna get ugly whether we default now or "kick the can down the road" and continue spending money we don't have we are going to suffer the pain of a financial crisis beyond anything we have experienced in this country. What our Goverment has been doing for the last several decades is no different than what just happened throughout this last financial meltdown.