PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Fox News spins the News Corp. hacking scandal

Cave Johnson
07-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Bravo, Steve Doocy and PR flack. The amount of disingenuousness in this segment is off the charts.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qtC4gT-_Nj0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qtC4gT-_Nj0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

patteeu
07-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Off the charts, huh? How so?

Cave Johnson
07-15-2011, 11:56 AM

You know News Corp. wasn't hacked into, right?

Saul Good
07-15-2011, 11:57 AM

By spinning, disingenuousness, and being a flak. Didn't you read the OP?

patteeu
07-15-2011, 11:58 AM
You know News Corp. wasn't hacked into, right?

I'm having trouble deciphering an answer out of that.

patteeu
07-15-2011, 11:59 AM
By spinning, disingenuousness, and being a flak. Didn't you read the OP?

LMAO

Cave Johnson
07-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm having trouble deciphering an answer out of that.

I don't know why I engage with you, since your partisan blinders keep you from seeing the ham-handedness of the R's or their propaganda machine.

One last time, though. Doocy and the PR flack are conflating Citibank, <b>which was hacked into</b>, with News Corp., which <b>did the hacking.</b> See a difference? One's a victim, the other's the perp.

patteeu
07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't know why I engage with you, since your partisan blinders keep you from seeing the ham-handedness of the R's or their propaganda machine.

One last time, though. Doocy and the PR flack are conflating Citibank, <b>which was hacked into</b>, with News Corp., which <b>did the hacking.</b> See a difference? One's a victim, the other's the perp.

I don't see the conflation. The guest is suggesting that the conversation should be about hacking, not about the overblown connection between a few fired hackers who worked for a defunct subsidiary and the ongoing concern, NewsCorp. In other words, he suggests that the present day problem of hacking is more newsworthy than one particular instance of historical hacking by people from an organization that no longer exists.

Cave Johnson
07-15-2011, 01:39 PM
More important issues indeed.

“For some reason, the public, the media, keep going over this, again, and again, and again” the guest said. “It’s too much,” he added, “We should move on.” <b>Doocy agreed, scolding the media for not devoting its time to covering more important issues. (His show later featured a segment on actress Mila Kunis and a performance by second-tier boy band Lifehouse, popular in 2001.)</b>

patteeu
07-15-2011, 01:47 PM

Just what do you think NewsCorp as it exists today had to do with the hacking?

ROYC75
07-15-2011, 01:49 PM
All hacking should be dealt with, how to stop them. Same as the gun smuggling operations in AZ and now possibly Florida ?

They are all , serious issues, I would say the ones dealing with the government are the biggest, wouldn't you Pittsie ?

Chiefshrink
07-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Let's take it a step further. How much of this is Obama/Soros/Holder going after Murdoch and FoxNews because right now the "conservatives voice" a la "We The People" are "f"ing up their "transformational plans" and these "hackers" are just an excuse to go after Murdoch which is the 'real story'.

Stewie
07-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Steve Doocy = KU grad

The controversy claimed its first victim in the United States as Les Hinton, chief executive of the Murdoch-owned Dow Jones & Co. and publisher of the Wall Street Journal, announced he was resigning, effective immediately.

The sooner we get rid of these scumbags that bow to Obama the better.

blaise
07-15-2011, 05:34 PM

Yes, you seem pretty non partisan.

Saul Good
07-15-2011, 06:53 PM

Fox and Friends isn't exactly the hard news part of the Fox lineup. It's not supposed to be the evening news.