PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Nude, bound woman found dead in Big Pharma CEO’s home; no criminal investigation yet

KILLER_CLOWN
07-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Madison Ruppert, Contributing Writer
Activist Post

If a dead woman was found naked, with her hands tied behind her back and her feet bound hanging from a balcony, most people would think it would become a criminal investigation from the outset.

When the home in which the woman is discovered belongs to the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Scottsdale, Arizona based Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, this is not the case.

Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a healthcare and biotechnology company which Shacknai founded in January of 1988 after a career in government capacities and the corporate world. He also just happens to be a multi-millionaire.

Adam Shacknai, brother of Jonah Shacknai, discovered the corpse of Jonah’s girlfriend Rebecca Nalepa on Wednesday morning.

Interestingly, Shacknai’s six-year-old son was hospitalized after an “apparent accident” on Monday according to CBS Los Angeles.

Sheriff’s Captain Tim Curran of San Diego County told CBS Los Angeles that, “Because of the unique and bizarre circumstances of this incident, it has yet to be determined if this will become a criminal matter or remain as a death investigation.”

I was astonished by this statement, to say the least. How would a murdered, bound woman hanging from a balcony in her birthday suit be anything other than a criminal matter? I guess when you’re a powerful CEO of a major pharmaceutical corporation, the police give you the benefit of the doubt.

In an age where police justify SWAT teams liquefying veterans, children are executed by police officers for schoolyard scuffles, people filming police officers from their own property are arrested for no reason or brutally beaten, and Americans are arrested for gardening, why would this be treated as anything other than a criminal manner?

If this isn’t a clear case of selective enforcement and unequal treatment, I have no clue what is.
According to reports, Jonah Shacknai’s six-year-old son is now in a coma after falling down a staircase. Jonah’s girlfriend, the now deceased 32-year-old Nalepa, was allegedly the only person home when the accident occurred.

According to investigators, when Adam, Jonah’s brother, discovered the bound and murdered Nalepa he was the only other person present in Jonah’s mansion.

The officers investigating the case conjecture that the boy’s fall and subsequent coma and the murder of Nalepa are isolated and unrelated incidents.

Apparently, it is quite common for a child to fall down a set of stairs and enter a coma while only a girlfriend is present, then just two days later the woman happens to be found bound and killed. I’m not quite sure how any sane investigator would see these two events as unrelated.

Jonah Shacknai was apparently at the hospital when his brother discovered the body of Jonah’s girlfriend.

An autopsy on Nalepa has been completed but the results are being withheld until further tests are performed by the county medical examiner.

According to ABC News, the victim had recently returned to her maiden name of Zahau two months before her death. Her sister, Mary Zahau-Loehner reported that they spoke on the telephone hours before Rebecca’s death.

According to Zahau-Loehner, her sister sounded completely normal the night before she was killed.
According to a San Diego Kennel owner who spoke with the victim less than 24 hours before her death, Rebecca was “shaken by recent vents in her home.” What exactly these events are along with most details of the case are still being withheld by the Sheriff’s department.

Autopsy records, requests for copies of search warrants, and recordings of Adam Shacknai’s 911 call will all be ignored during the investigation according to investigators.

The family of the victim has not made any comments regarding the death, but apparently most of the investigation’s focus is being placed on her boyfriend, Shacknai.

The quote published by CBS Los Angeles gives a completely different impression, making it appear that the investigators have not yet decided that this even qualifies as a criminal investigation.

The IB Times makes a point which is conspicuously absent from other media reports,
“There has been no explanation yet from the medical examiner’s office about how Nalepa might have hung herself while her wrists and ankles were bound.”

If the county’s medical examiner can come up with a scenario in which someone can bind their wrists and ankles with an electrical cord and hang themselves naked from a balcony, someone should look in to giving them a Pulitzer Prize for fiction.

Does Shacknai’s history have anything to do with his strangely preferential treatment?

This seems quite reasonable given Shacknai was chief aide to the United States House of Representatives’ committee for health policy from the years of 1977 to 1982 and his position on the Commission on the Federal Drug Approval Process along with the National Council on Drugs.

If Shacknai was treated like any average American he would have been shot on sight dozens of times or at least beaten to a pulp. Yet, when you have government connections, millions in liquid wealth and split your time between Arizona and California, you are treated with the utmost respect.

Even if Shacknai is completely innocent and the incident with his son and his girlfriend are unrelated, why should he not be treated like a subhuman piece of filth as any other American would be?

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/07/nude-bound-woman-found-dead-in-big.html

Ace Gunner
07-16-2011, 10:10 AM
fascism knows few truths yet has many friends

HonestChieffan
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Nudity leads to death.

ClevelandBronco
07-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Headline: Breathless high school reporter ruins what might be an interesting story.

ClevelandBronco
07-16-2011, 12:03 PM
News for the rest of us here:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2011/07/14/20110714arizona-ceo-dead-woman-san-diego-mansion-shacknai.html

and here:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/07/16/20110716arizona-ceo-dead-woman-coronado-mystery.html

KILLER_CLOWN
07-16-2011, 02:30 PM

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2011/07/14/20110714arizona-ceo-dead-woman-san-diego-mansion-shacknai.html

and here:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/07/16/20110716arizona-ceo-dead-woman-coronado-mystery.html

The walking dead ones eh?

ClevelandBronco
07-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The walking dead ones eh?

The ones who prefer professional pilots, plumbers and reporters.

Cool your vag.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-16-2011, 02:58 PM

Cool your vag.

You seem to be the one whose panties are in a knot.

ClevelandBronco
07-16-2011, 03:15 PM
You seem to be the one whose panties are in a knot.

I don't see why. I think you found an article about an interesting situation. I'm just pointing out that it's a piss poor article by an amateur writer. Unless you're the amateur writer that wrote the piss poor article, I don't see why you'd take offense to me posting a better one.

Thought I was just keeping the thread moving. Guess not.

kstater
07-16-2011, 03:20 PM

and here:

So basically, authorities are doing their jobs in finding whether this is a homicide or suicide? Or am I part of the cover up?

ClevelandBronco
07-16-2011, 03:22 PM
So basically, authorities are doing their jobs in finding whether this is a homicide or suicide? Or am I part of the cover up?

Say "baaaah" so Killer can do the scan.

listopencil
07-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I was astonished by this statement, to say the least. How would a murdered, bound woman hanging from a balcony in her birthday suit be anything other than a criminal matter?

Oh, so they did catch the killer and he/she has been convicted? Good to hear. Justice triumphs over Evil, and all that jazz.

mikey23545
07-16-2011, 07:55 PM
CEO Not Convicted Overnight

Rumors Swirl Around Lengthy Delay in Prosecution

boogblaster
07-16-2011, 08:11 PM
imagine that ....

Taco John
07-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Someone should explain to the high school reporter about procedure. This is one case I'm sure the police don't want to mess up and see fly because of some procedural technicality.

Rain Man
07-16-2011, 09:58 PM

I'm not a professional investigator, but if her hands and feet were both tied up, I'd probably eliminate suicide as a possibility.

Bump
07-16-2011, 10:41 PM
the CEO of a big pharma corp can do whatever he wants. It's in the first amendment I think

Hydrae
07-16-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm not a professional investigator, but if her hands and feet were both tied up, I'd probably eliminate suicide as a possibility.

So it could be suicide if only her hands were tied up but her feet were still free?

KILLER_CLOWN
07-17-2011, 12:43 AM
So it could be suicide if only her hands were tied up but her feet were still free?

The magic bullet theory all over again.

Rain Man
07-17-2011, 12:49 AM

Yeah, if she was afraid she was going to back out and had particularly dextrous toes. Maybe.

HonestChieffan
07-17-2011, 12:55 PM

Only in a CEOs house. Double in Pharma guys place.

2bikemike
07-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Just a little bit of an update. The little 6 year old boy who was injured a week earlier in the mansion has died of his injuries.

loochy
07-17-2011, 09:04 PM
pics or it didnt happen

Fishpicker
07-18-2011, 05:46 AM
this reminds me of the time when a multi-acre marijuana grow op was discovered on Rupert Murdoch's private property. authorities apologized to him. if that happened to anyone else (even if they didnt know about it) they would lose everything. there's no holding rich people accountable anymore.

blaise
07-18-2011, 06:02 AM
What they should do is rush things, because I'm sure a wealthy guy like this won't be able to hire an expensive attorney to highlight any mistake in procedure.

ChiTown
07-18-2011, 08:45 AM
CEO Not Convicted Overnight

Rumors Swirl Around Lengthy Delay in Prosecution

:LOL:

blaise
07-18-2011, 08:48 AM
"If Shacknai was treated like any average American he would have been shot on sight dozens of times or at least beaten to a pulp. Yet, when you have government connections, millions in liquid wealth and split your time between Arizona and California, you are treated with the utmost respect."

Yes, every person investigated for murder is either shot dead on sight or beaten to a pulp.

Lzen
07-18-2011, 09:38 AM
this reminds me of the time when a multi-acre marijuana grow op was discovered on Rupert Murdoch's private property. authorities apologized to him. if that happened to anyone else (even if they didnt know about it) they would lose everything. there's no holding rich people accountable anymore.

Is this a joke or do you have some kind of proof? And I mean something other than conspiracy nutjob websites.

Lzen
07-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Just as every other American, the guy is innocent until proven guilty. Yes, it looks really bad. But things don't always turn out to be as they appear. I still question why he would leave her hanging there if he did kill her. Why would he not hide the body? That part makes no sense.

ClevelandBronco
07-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Just as every other American, the guy is innocent until proven guilty. Yes, it looks really bad. But things don't always turn out to be as they appear. I still question why he would leave her hanging there if he did kill her. Why would he not hide the body? That part makes no sense.

I think we can assume that he left the body there as a warning to the police of what would happen to them if they investigated too zealously.

vailpass
07-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Cool your vag.

LMAO

Rain Man
09-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Just in case you thought the justice system applied to the rich, the police have ruled that the woman found nude with her hands and feet tied, hanging off a balcony, committed suicide.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/02/california.mansion.deaths/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Sheriff: 2 deaths at California mansion not crimes
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 2, 2011 10:11 p.m. EDT

Police delclared 32-year-old Rebecca Zahau's death a suicide.

The 6-year-old boy died days after police answered a 9-1-1 call at their Coronado home
(CNN) -- Police announced Friday that there is no indication of foul play in the deaths, within days of one another, of a 6-year-old boy and his father's girlfriend at the same southern California mansion.

Introducing a detailed presentation involving multiple officials, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said a team of investigators has been working intently for weeks to probe the sudden deaths of Max Shacknai and Rebecca Zahau, who was dating the boy's father, Jonah Shacknai, and lived in the same house.

"Our responsibility is to answer the one very important question: Were these deaths the result of criminal conduct?" Gore told reporters. "Was Max's death a homicide? The answer is no, it was a tragic accident. Was Rebecca's death a homicide? Again, the answer is no. It was a suicide."

But Zahau's family strongly disputes that, saying the suicide conclusion doesn't make sense for multiple reasons and urging authorities to reopen the investigation.

"My sister was murdered, that's it," Snowem Horwath told HLN's Vinnie Politan. "There is no way, no way, my sister would commit suicide in such a state."

The suicide conclusion "doesn't pass the smell test," the family's attorney Anne Bremner told HLN's Jane Velez-Mitchell, saying it seems unrealistic that Zahau could have bound herself and gone to the balcony, all while nude.

Another sister, Mary Zahau, told HLN's Dr. Drew Pinsky that Rebecca Zahau had never hinted at suicide. When they talked a day before she was found dead, Mary Zahau said, Rebecca Zahau asked how to treat another sister who'd been hurt trying to clean up broken chandelier pieces related to Max's injury, but never suggested deep-rooted depression.

"My sister never had a psychiatric problem, never (had) been on psychiatric medication and never had attempted suicide -- let alone ever talked about harming herself," she said.

Authorities first went to the home, in the San Diego suburb of Coronado, on July 11 after getting a call from Zahau's 13-year-old sister reporting that Max had fallen down the stairs and was not breathing, Coronado Police Commander Mike Lawton told reporters. Zahau, her sister and the boy were the only ones in the residence at the time of the incident.

Police arrived within two minutes, followed a minute later by firefighters who -- after finding the boy unconscious on the floor -- "began lifesaving measures immediately," Lawton said. But despite extensive medical treatment, Max Shacknai eventually succumbed to his injuries on July 16.

Dr. Jonathan Lucas, from the San Diego County medical examiner's office, ruled the boy's death an accident, saying he died partly due to resuscitated cardiopulmonary arrest, cervical spinal chord contusion and blunt force trauma of the head and neck.

Within that span, on July 13, authorities got another 911 call from the home. This time, it was to report that Zahau was discovered hanging naked, with her feet and hands bound behind her back, Gore said.

The autopsy concluded Zahau was "alive when she went over the (second-floor) balcony" with a long-sleeve T-shirt wrapped around her neck, Lucas said. He told reporters Friday there was no evidence of a struggle or a sexual assault, or that she was in any way rendered unconscious or incapacitated, adding that "her feet were dirty consistent with standing on the dirty balcony."

Sgt. Dave Nemeth, also with the sheriff's office, told reporters Friday that the fingerprints and DNA in the room from which she fell -- including on the bindings tied around her hands, feet and neck -- "were only from Rebecca."

He added that one witness told police that Zahau, when they met in January, had "lost weight, seemed stressed, was not sleeping well and was not exercising, which was abnormal for her." Other witnesses indicated that "Rebecca was distraught over Max's injury."

"The (investigative findings) are all compelling, and all point persuasively to a single conclusion: These deaths are not the result of any criminal acts," Gore said. "Science is our best witness in this case. Science is not biased, nor does it lie."

But Bremner, the lawyer for Zahau's family, criticized the investigation -- including the use and analysis of forensic and other evidence -- as incomplete, saying it appears "they were myopic, looking at this (as if it) has to be a suicide." She said that one of Zahau's sisters, who talked to her the night before her death, said Zahau "was completely fine" and didn't feel guilty about Max Shacknai's death.

"This investigation is woefully inadequate right now for the family," Bremner told HLN, adding that investigators did not meet with anyone in Zahau's family until two days ago.

The mysterious nature of the two deaths, as well as the posh surroundings in which they occurred, have elicited intensive media attention. Jonah Shacknai, who was the father and boyfriend respectively of the two people who died, is the founder and CEO of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation as well as a lawyer and former congressional aide.

In a statement, Shacknai called Friday "a very sad day for our family, as we are again reminded of the enormity of these tragedies." He described his late son as "an extraordinarily loving, happy, talented and special little boy" and Zahau as a "wonderful and unique person."

"Nothing will ever be the same for our families after these losses, but with today's information providing some much needed answers, we will try to rebuild our lives and honor the memories we carry with us," Shacknai said.

But Horwath, Zahau's sister, said her family does not believe investigators have the true and complete story -- adding that she believes strongly that the death was a homicide.
"My sister did not commit suicide," Horwath insisted. "We, as a family, we want justice for (Rebecca) and we will fight however long needs to be until the murderer of my sister is found."

Bump
09-02-2011, 10:52 PM
big pharma and healthcare can do whatever they want, they murder people every day, but in a less direct way.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 10:57 PM
LMAO

hmmmm......

alnorth
09-02-2011, 11:26 PM
If you have cops who initially were suspicious and did not think it was a suicide, who were motivated to uncover evidence of a murder, and those same cops are reluctantly now claiming that all the science and DNA evidence is pointing to a suicide, then I'm fine with that.

If there is absolutely no evidence of a murder at all, her DNA is all over the rope, but no one else, everyone has an alibi and can be placed somewhere else when she died, what do you expect the cops to do?

This was either a suicide or it was a perfect murder. Either way, you aren't going to convict if there's nothing there to find but suspicion.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 11:46 PM
If you have cops who initially were suspicious and did not think it was a suicide, who were motivated to uncover evidence of a murder, and those same cops are reluctantly now claiming that all the science and DNA evidence is pointing to a suicide, then I'm fine with that.

If there is absolutely no evidence of a murder at all, her DNA is all over the rope, but no one else, everyone has an alibi and can be placed somewhere else when she died, what do you expect the cops to do?

This was either a suicide or it was a perfect murder. Either way, you aren't going to convict if there's nothing there to find but suspicion.

Especially if you were paid off or told not to pursue it.

alnorth
09-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Especially if you were paid off or told not to pursue it.

:rolleyes:

If you want to travel that insane paranoid road, then obviously all poor people in jail are innocent and all rich people remotely suspected of a crime are guilty. Lets empty our prisons of all the crack addicts who were obviously framed, and start pulling everyone who makes 6 figures out of their offices and throw them into jail.

Power to the people! Viva la revolution! Hyaaaaah!!!!

KILLER_CLOWN
09-03-2011, 12:01 AM
:rolleyes:

If you want to travel that insane paranoid road, then obviously all poor people in jail are innocent and all rich people remotely suspected of a crime are guilty. Lets empty our prisons of all the crack addicts who were obviously framed, and start pulling everyone who makes 6 figures out of their offices and throw them into jail.

Power to the people! Viva la revolution! Hyaaaaah!!!!

Looks like you fell in the rabbit hole there. Crack addicts probably shouldn't be in jail, and by the same token yeah let's pull everyone who makes 6 figures out of the office and throw them in the pit. Derp Derp. It doesn't appear this guy needs your sympathy since he was never investigated for murder.

alnorth
09-03-2011, 12:59 AM
he was never investigated for murder.

You are factually incorrect. Obviously I was going for comedic hyperbole, but if you honestly think the police did not conduct a murder investigation, then you are too nuts to discuss this issue further.

By the way, your tinfoil hat is slipping, you may want to try a few hair clips to keep it firmly in place.

Bump
09-03-2011, 01:15 AM
You are factually incorrect. Obviously I was going for comedic hyperbole, but if you honestly think the police did not conduct a murder investigation, then you are too nuts to discuss this issue further.

By the way, your tinfoil hat is slipping, you may want to try a few hair clips to keep it firmly in place.

if you think that money doesn't influence cases like these and every day politics then you are naive son. Big rich companies bribe politicians to get what they want every day even if it hurts 99% of the population. Same goes with rich CEO probably throwing millions of his petty cash away to cover it up.

Conservatives really aren't capable of critical thinking, but most of the time, you were born that way. You parents told you that you had to do what they say, they told you to go to church and the preachers tell you to do what they say or you go to hell, then you become an adult and just do whatever they tell you to do and think how they tell you to think. I'm not a lib, I'm nothing, but I when I see bullshit, I call bullshit.

alnorth
09-03-2011, 01:40 AM
if you think that money doesn't influence cases like these and every day politics then you are naive son. Big rich companies bribe politicians to get what they want every day even if it hurts 99% of the population. Same goes with rich CEO probably throwing millions of his petty cash away to cover it up.

Conservatives really aren't capable of critical thinking, but most of the time, you were born that way. You parents told you that you had to do what they say, they told you to go to church and the preachers tell you to do what they say or you go to hell, then you become an adult and just do whatever they tell you to do and think how they tell you to think. I'm not a lib, I'm nothing, but I when I see bullshit, I call bullshit.

Geez, you crazy illuminati-fearing folks give me a headache. A conspiracy lurks behind every corner for you guys, and the fact that it would be impossible to prevent dozens or hundreds who know the truth from blowing the whistle is conveniently ignored, because thinking "OMG, the government, they be takin' bribes from da rich corporate guys, HEPL!" is a lot easier than accepting what is more likely, and boring. It is almost as dumb as the 9/11 truthers. Someone in the San Diego Police Department would have come forward, if for no other reason that there would be a lot of money and fame for blowing this retarded imaginary fantasyland conspiracy theory open.

1) I am not conservative. I'm also atheist. So if you have some kind of silly hangup that "religious conservative = stupid", you can forget about that.

2) PLENTY of rich powerful people were nailed recently for all kinds of crimes in all walks of life and generally in every region of the country. If there was a bribery hotline, they would have all had it, and don't feed me any of this "they have to deliver the occasional head on a stick to keep up appearances" horsecrap.

3) It is absolutely understandable why this woman would want to commit suicide, and why her family would not be tipped off. She clearly felt guilty (or any rational person would have felt guilty) for the boy's condition, and if she wanted to kill herself, she would not have let anyone know about it for fear that someone would interfere.

4) It is absolutely logical to bind your hands if you want to hang yourself. I'd do the same if I was determined to hang myself, because once you make the leap, you don't want to let yourself back out and survive by getting out of the noose in a panic.

5) It doesn't take a damned cirque du soleil acrobat to bind your hands and feet before hanging yourself, that stupid line of commentary is comical. I'm out of shape but I can easily see myself capable of doing this.

6) There was NO EVIDENCE that anyone murdered her. Period. You can be suspicious all you want, but if the only DNA on the rope is her DNA, then there's nothing else to conclude.

R Clark
09-03-2011, 03:26 AM
If a dead woman was found naked, with her hands tied behind her back and her feet bound hanging from a balcony, most people would think it would become a criminal investigation from the outset. That can`t be suicide.It is absolutely logical to bind your hands[ behind your back] if you want to hang yourself. I'd do the same if I was determined to hang myself, because once you make the leap, you don't want to let yourself back out and survive by getting out of the noose in a panic.You left out the part about her hands behind her back.Its real easy to let your self free hanging up side down off a balcony.With or without your hands being tied.

blaise
09-03-2011, 06:52 AM
bump a terrible poster.

Dave Lane
09-03-2011, 06:55 AM

The second paragraph is the complete unvarnished truth. But I will grant it's much easier than thinking for yourself.

Dave Lane
09-03-2011, 06:58 AM
If Al makes a reasonable point and no one gets it, did it actually happen?

patteeu
09-03-2011, 08:47 AM
bump a terrible poster.

I enjoyed him when he was just a grammar policeman. The Peter Principle has kicked in with his efforts to post original thoughts.

vailpass
09-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Jonah Shacknai is a good man who has been through some horrible things lately, things so bad I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
This article is a hack job. KillerClown you need to check yourself. I hope you never incur the honest misfortune Jonah has seen. I hope you are never judged unfairly just because you are succesful in a particular industry.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Jonah Shacknai is a good man who has been through some horrible things lately, things so bad I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
This article is a hack job. KillerClown you need to check yourself. I hope you never incur the honest misfortune Jonah has seen. I hope you are never judged unfairly just because you are succesful in a particular industry.

and you're basing this on what? Was Jonah your good buddy?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Geez, you crazy illuminati-fearing folks give me a headache. A conspiracy lurks behind every corner for you guys, and the fact that it would be impossible to prevent dozens or hundreds who know the truth from blowing the whistle is conveniently ignored, because thinking "OMG, the government, they be takin' bribes from da rich corporate guys, HEPL!" is a lot easier than accepting what is more likely, and boring. It is almost as dumb as the 9/11 truthers. Someone in the San Diego Police Department would have come forward, if for no other reason that there would be a lot of money and fame for blowing this retarded imaginary fantasyland conspiracy theory open.

1) I am not conservative. I'm also atheist. So if you have some kind of silly hangup that "religious conservative = stupid", you can forget about that.

2) PLENTY of rich powerful people were nailed recently for all kinds of crimes in all walks of life and generally in every region of the country. If there was a bribery hotline, they would have all had it, and don't feed me any of this "they have to deliver the occasional head on a stick to keep up appearances" horsecrap.

3) It is absolutely understandable why this woman would want to commit suicide, and why her family would not be tipped off. She clearly felt guilty (or any rational person would have felt guilty) for the boy's condition, and if she wanted to kill herself, she would not have let anyone know about it for fear that someone would interfere.

4) It is absolutely logical to bind your hands if you want to hang yourself. I'd do the same if I was determined to hang myself, because once you make the leap, you don't want to let yourself back out and survive by getting out of the noose in a panic.

5) It doesn't take a damned cirque du soleil acrobat to bind your hands and feet before hanging yourself, that stupid line of commentary is comical. I'm out of shape but I can easily see myself capable of doing this.

6) There was NO EVIDENCE that anyone murdered her. Period. You can be suspicious all you want, but if the only DNA on the rope is her DNA, then there's nothing else to conclude.

Or you could most logically chalk this up to corruption and not have to pull new concepts out of your arse.

ClevelandBronco
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
We should charge this guy with a murder he probably didn't commit. He has to be guilty of something.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-03-2011, 01:54 PM
We should charge this guy with a murder he probably didn't commit. He has to be guilty of something.

2 to be precise.

Ace Gunner
09-03-2011, 01:55 PM
hang in there rich guy!

vailpass
09-04-2011, 03:01 PM
and you're basing this on what? Was Jonah your good buddy?

What I said was the truth. You are posting a slanted bullshit article that adds to the grief of an innocent man who has seen the loss of both child and lover.
How I know this is immaterial.

vailpass
09-04-2011, 03:03 PM

One count of living better than KillerClown could dream of.
One count of being succesful in "Big Pharmacy" *gasp*

KILLER_CLOWN
09-04-2011, 07:32 PM
One count of living better than KillerClown could dream of.
One count of being succesful in "Big Pharmacy" *gasp*

Heh i could care less how successful he is, I wish everyone the best. Unless of course they're getting away with murder.

Rain Man
09-08-2011, 12:58 PM
An update on the latest. I find this case kind of interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/07/california.mansion.deaths/index.html?

Attorney: Message, scalp bruises cast doubt on mansion suicide
By Jason Hanna, CNN
September 7, 2011 8:36 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Details from the autopsy of a woman found hanging from a California mansion -- including exact words of a painted message -- bolster her family's contention that she didn't commit suicide as authorities determined, the family's lawyer says.

And a renowned forensic pathologist hired by the attorney says four bruises found on the top of the head indicate trauma not readily explained by the July hanging. He says that's just one of several reasons why he wouldn't have ruled Rebecca Zahau's death a suicide.

"I would have left the manner of death ... as undetermined, because I think there are several things as far as I can see that have not been explained," Pennsylvania consultant Dr. Cyril Wecht, who viewed the autopsy report, said this week.

Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner -- who even before seeing the autopsy report questioned authorities' findings that Zahau bound herself before hanging herself -- says she'll ask the San Diego County Sheriff's Department to reopen the case.
"I think the facts and analysis (from a team of experts she is gathering) should compel them to reopen it," Bremner said.

Zahau, 32, was one of two people who police said died as result of July incidents at boyfriend Jonah Shacknai's mansion in Coronado, California.

Shacknai's 6-year-old son, Max, fell down the stairs July 11 and died at a hospital five days later. Zahau was found hanging -- naked, with feet bound and wrists bound behind her back -- in the home's courtyard from a rope tied to a bed in a second-story room July 13, police said.

Police said Friday that there was no indication of foul play in either death and that evidence led them to determine Zahau committed suicide.

But the San Diego County medical examiner's autopsy report, obtained late last week by CNN affiliate KFMB, contains details not mentioned during Friday's news conference, Bremner said.

One is the wording of a message painted on the door of the bedroom where police say she threw herself from a balcony: "She Saved Him Can You Save Her." Police said Friday that the message existed but declined to reveal the wording, saying only that although it wasn't a clear suicide note, it appeared she painted it.

Bremner says she's concerned someone else was writing about Zahau, rather than Zahau writing about herself. Zahau's family also says the handwriting isn't hers.
Investigators aren't sure of the message's meaning, but they believe she wrote it because of evidence in the bedroom, San Diego sheriff's Lt. Larry Nesbit said Tuesday. At Friday's briefing, authorities said fingerprints and DNA on all relevant evidence -- including the bindings, the bedroom door and a paint tube found in the bedroom -- were hers.

Because of the message's paint and block lettering, there is no way to analyze the handwriting unless investigators had a known sample of her painting on a door, Nesbit said.

Pathologist: Hemorrhages, tape residue raise questions

Police say Zahau, bound and naked, moved herself off this balcony and hanged herself. The rope was tied to a bed.

Wecht, a forensic pathologist who has worked on many high-profile death cases, said four subgaleal hemorrhages -- between the scalp and skull on top of the head -- listed in the autopsy report may be inconsistent with the suicide theory.

"You only get those from blunt force trauma," Wecht said. "That means your head struck something or was struck by something. I repeat for emphasis: four separate locations. The head is contoured; to have it bruised in different places, that means you have to strike different parts of the head."

The report says "scattered superficial abrasions on her back and legs appeared consistent with impact with large plants under the balcony" but makes no mention of how the hemorrhages appeared on the top of the head.

"Going by (investigators') scenario, (her) jumping from the balcony, there is no way I can understand how ... you get four bruises on top of the head."

Wecht also noted that the autopsy report said gray material similar to tape residue was on Zahau's mid-left shin and lower right leg. In their briefing Friday, police did not mention tape.

"Did she first plan to bind her legs together with adhesive tape, change her mind and say, 'No, I'm going to do it with rope'?" Wecht said.

The report mentions that a portion of a shirt wrapped around the rope at her neck was in her mouth.

"Why would she do that?" Wecht asked. "Was she afraid of waking someone up by screaming?"

The rope used in the hanging was tied to this bedpost and bed frame, police said.
Dr. Jonathan Lucas of the county medical examiner's office addressed the concerns in a news release Tuesday:

-- The hemorrhages: "These were relatively minor. Because there was evidence that she went over the balcony in a non-vertical position, she may have struck her head on the way down."

-- The possible tape residue: "These were small areas (about an inch), and their significance is not clear. Their position and size would have been unusual for evidence of leg binding."

-- The T-shirt: "(It) ... had a portion originally in her mouth that was removed by the person who found her. It is not clear why it was there, although people can place material in their mouth prior to hanging."

"None of the observations listed above are inconsistent with the conclusions reached regarding the cause and manner of death of Rebecca Zahau," Lucas said.

Authorities' accounts of both deaths

Authorities first went to the home, in the San Diego suburb of Coronado, on July 11 after getting a call from Zahau's 13-year-old sister reporting that Max had fallen down the stairs and was not breathing, Coronado Police Commander Mike Lawton said last week. Zahau, her sister and the boy were the only ones in the residence at the time of the incident.

Police arrived within two minutes, followed a minute later by firefighters who -- after finding the boy unconscious on the floor -- "began lifesaving measures immediately," Lawton said. But despite extensive medical treatment, Max Shacknai died July 16.
Lucas, of the medical examiner's office, ruled the boy's death an accident, saying he died partly due to resuscitated cardiopulmonary arrest, cervical spinal cord contusion and blunt force trauma of the head and neck.

On July 13, three days before the boy died, authorities got another 911 call from the home. This time, it was Jonah Shacknai's brother reporting that he found Zahau hanging, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said Friday.

Zahau's family says the 32-year-old wouldn't have known how to tie the knots and make the bindings.

Shacknai's brother was staying in a guest house that morning, and he climbed onto a table and cut the body loose before investigators arrived, authorities said. Gore said Friday that investigators are comfortable with the brother's account.

Jonah Shacknai -- a lawyer and the founder and CEO of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. -- was at a children's hospital or a Ronald McDonald House from the time when investigators believe the suicide happened to the time Zahau's body was reported, Nesbit said Tuesday.

The autopsy concluded that Zahau was "alive when she went over the (second-floor) balcony" with a T-shirt wrapped around her neck, Lucas said at Friday's news conference. He said there was no evidence of a struggle or a sexual assault, or that she was rendered unconscious or incapacitated, adding that "her feet were dirty, consistent with standing on the dirty balcony."

Authorities said the bindings and the hanging rope appeared to be cut from the same thing: apparently a watersport tow rope. Sheriff's Sgt. Dave Nemeth said of the slip knots on her wrists and neck: "There would not appear to be anything expert about it," he said.

Zahau's family says the former technician at an eye and Lasik center wouldn't have known how to make the bindings and knots. Wecht said that although it is possible that someone can bind themselves, questions need to be asked about how she came to know how to do it.

"My sister does not have knowledge of that kind. None of us really do," Mary Zahau told HLN's Dr. Drew Pinsky on Tuesday, referring to rope-tying. "We didn't even grow up around water. So the little bit of swimming that we know, we have learned after we have been grownups."

Though investigators don't know the order of events, they believe she removed her clothing, painted the message, cut the rope into sections, secured the long portion to the bed, bound her feet, placed the rope and the shirt around her neck, fashioned wrist bindings, secured her hands behind her back, moved to the balcony, leaned over the rail and fell, Nemeth said.

Lucas said Friday that although bound suicides aren't common, he has seen such victims and read reports of them.

Zahau lived at the Coronado, California, mansion of her boyfriend, Jonah Shacknai, police say.

"The thinking is, they bind themselves so that they won't change their mind midway through," Lucas said.

Authorities showed reporters video of an experiment examining whether someone could bind themselves with a similar rope. The video shows a woman making knots and loops around her hands in front of her, taking one wrist out to move her hands behind her and then rebinding the wrists.

A set of footprints on the dirty balcony was consistent with the size of Zahau's feet, Nemeth said Friday. Toe impressions further ahead "were consistent with a person moving up next to the railing and leaning forward and going over the railing," Nemeth said.

Nemeth said one person told investigators that in January, Zahau had "lost weight, seemed stressed, was not sleeping well and was not exercising, which was abnormal for her." Other interviewees indicated that "Rebecca was distraught over Max's injury," Nemeth said.

But Bremner said that one of Zahau's sisters, who talked to her the night before her death, said Zahau "was completely fine" and didn't feel guilty about Max Shacknai's fall.

Mary Zahau told Pinsky last week that Rebecca Zahau had never hinted at suicide.
"My sister never had a psychiatric problem, never (had) been on psychiatric medication and never had attempted suicide, let alone ever talked about harming herself," Mary Zahau said.

Nesbit said the sheriff's department is aware of the concerns raised by Wecht and that none of them alters its confidence in its investigation or the medical examiner's suicide ruling.

"We're standing by our investigation," he said.