PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama's Road to Ruin

HonestChieffan
07-17-2011, 04:11 PM
They have to ration his money. Simple as that.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-budget-plan-add-defiicit

(CNS News) — While the Republican-controlled House of Representatives has voted this year to approve House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan’s (R.-Wis.) proposal — that would put the government on a gradual path to a surplus by 2040 — and plans to vote on a balanced budget amendment next week that would cap federal spending at 18 percent of GDP, the only budget proposal President Obama’s has publicly revealed in 2011 would, according to the Congressional Budget Office, increase the deficit by $26 billion this year, $83 billion next year, and $2.7 trillion over the next decade.

Additionally, although annual budget deficits would decline somewhat between 2013 and 2015 under Obama’s proposal, according to the CBO, after that they would start increasing again, going up ever year from 2016 to 2021, the last year estimated by the CBO.

In short, the only budget proposal Obama has put forward this year for the public to review and analyze puts the federal government on a path to eventual bankruptcy.

In the latest Congressional Budget Office’s analysis of the president’s budget — published in April — the CBO compared its “baseline” estimates for the coming decade to what it estimates would be the fiscal results of Obama’s budget plan. (The CBO’s baseline largely assumes current law will be maintained.)

“According to CBO’s projections, if all of President Obama’s budgetary proposals were enacted, they would add $26 billion to the baseline deficit for 2011,” said the CBO analysis. “As a result, the 2011 deficit would total $1.43 trillion or 9.5 percent of Gross Domestic Product.” Under the baseline projection, as of April, CBO estimated the deficit this year would reach $1.399 trillion.

chiefforlife
07-17-2011, 06:34 PM
The strange part is that Mr. Obama is asking for the largest cut, the Republicans are saying "No"? Which is the party of conservatism?

I dont get this, Obama is giving exactly what the Republicans are supposedly asking for and they still say No. He is even willing to consider cuts to entitlement programs, a long since no no for Dems. Still No...

What gives?

Quickie
07-17-2011, 06:37 PM
The strange part is that Mr. Obama is asking for the largest cut, the Republicans are saying "No"? Which is the party of conservatism?

I dont get this, Obama is giving exactly what the Republicans are supposedly asking for and they still say No. He is even willing to consider cuts to entitlement programs, a long since no no for Dems. Still No...

What gives?

:facepalm:

What year are these "cuts" supposed to happen?

Bewbies
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM

What gives?

No. Obama hasn't offered any plan. All he's done is criticize those that have. Key difference.

InChiefsHell
07-17-2011, 07:09 PM

What gives?

I'm truly amazed at this statement. I got nothin...I mean...damn...:huh:

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
:facepalm:

What year are these "cuts" supposed to happen?

In the year 2525.

headsnap
07-17-2011, 07:54 PM
In the year 2525.

if man is still alive, if woman can survive.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 08:01 PM

Heh, somebody got it.

Baby Lee
07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Heh, somebody got it.

I actually have that song, albeit on a compilation CD, Sony Legacy I think. Could be way off base, except I know I have the binary bits comprising the song somewhere in my collection.

RINGLEADER
07-17-2011, 11:11 PM

KING CRIMSON SIGHTING

chiefforlife
07-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Obama wants 4.3 Trillion in cuts over the next 10 years. The Repubs have countered with half 2 trillion. Have I missed something?

orange
07-17-2011, 11:31 PM
KING CRIMSON SIGHTING

Hmmm... Zager and Evans might have seen a King Crimson concert once upon a time, I suppose.

headsnap
07-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Obama wants 4.3 Trillion in cuts over the next 10 years. The Repubs have countered with half 2 trillion. Have I missed something?

Yes, you missed quite a bit...

Chief Faithful
07-18-2011, 08:17 AM

What gives?

He offered a 3 to 1 idea with absolutely no specifics. The idea he would back is if the Republicans are willing to raise taxes 1 Trillion starting in 2012 he would be willing to discuss 3 Trillion in cuts over 10 years. No specifics, no promises nothing that could be called a proposal. President Obama calls it a "framework" for the kind of deal he would be willing to sign. In other words, it is nothing.

chiefforlife
07-18-2011, 08:22 AM
This is what Ive read...

President Obama and Speaker John Boehner have been discussing a grand bargain to cut some $4 trillion in projected budget deficits over the next 10 to 12 years, according to officials familiar with the talks.

There is no deal yet, but the ideas under consideration include reductions in spending on the big three entitlement programs: Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. That would be a huge concession for Democrats. In return, Republicans would agree to close some big tax loopholes, reducing some deductions and other so-called spending in the tax code as part of a tax reform deal that would also lower corporate tax rates. The net effect of that tax reform plan would be an increase in tax revenue.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/07/debt-talks-the-grand-bargain.html

mlyonsd
07-18-2011, 08:30 AM
This is what Ive read...

President Obama and Speaker John Boehner have been discussing a grand bargain to cut some $4 trillion in projected budget deficits over the next 10 to 12 years, according to officials familiar with the talks.

There is no deal yet, but the ideas under consideration include reductions in spending on the big three entitlement programs: Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. That would be a huge concession for Democrats. In return, Republicans would agree to close some big tax loopholes, reducing some deductions and other so-called spending in the tax code as part of a tax reform deal that would also lower corporate tax rates. The net effect of that tax reform plan would be an increase in tax revenue.

Right. No specifics. That's what everyone's been telling you. Obama does not lay out any plan, just makes speeches. And it appears people are falling for it.

chiefforlife
07-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Its as specific as anyone elses at this point. He is willing to make changes to the three entitlement programs which is what Repubs have been crying about for years.
What is the hold up on the Right side?

mlyonsd
07-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Its as specific as anyone elses at this point. He is willing to make changes to the three entitlement programs which is what Repubs have been crying about for years.
What is the hold up on the Right side?What changes specifically? Does it finally make them solvent? Who is affected? What cuts in benefits will there be?

chiefforlife
07-18-2011, 08:45 AM
What changes specifically? Does it finally make them solvent? Who is affected? What cuts in benefits will there be?

I havent seen anything that specific from either side.

I am not defending either side, I just look at what Obama is offering and cant believe the Right isnt jumping all over it. Its the largest reduction plan out there? That alone should be coming from the right, for some reason its not.

Frankie
07-18-2011, 08:48 AM

What gives?

Shhhh!... Don't bring facts into HCF's threads.

LOCOChief
07-18-2011, 08:50 AM

I am not defending either side, I just look at what Obama is offering and cant believe the Right isnt jumping all over it. Its the largest reduction plan out there? That alone should be coming from the right, for some reason its not.

"plans" good ones that is usually contain specifics.

mlyonsd
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM

I am not defending either side, I just look at what Obama is offering and cant believe the Right isnt jumping all over it. Its the largest reduction plan out there? That alone should be coming from the right, for some reason its not.I'm not defending one side either. I fear republicans are going to cave because 2012 is in their sites, not our best interests.

Chief Faithful
07-18-2011, 11:38 AM
This is what Ive read...

That is the same framework of 3 to 1 with no specifics.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Obama wants 4.3 Trillion in cuts over the next 10 years.

Why not over the next... oh, I dunno... two years?

FD
07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
What changes specifically? Does it finally make them solvent? Who is affected? What cuts in benefits will there be?

Obama's proposed entitlement cuts was an increase in the Medicare eligibility age, from 65 to 67, and a change in the index used to grow Social Security benefits, such that they grow more slowly. This stuff was in the papers and wasn't that hard to find, I don't know why everyone in this thread is complaining about a lack of specifics.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Since the spending cuts don't kick in until 2022, maybe the tax increases should be in 2022, too.

:whackit:

King_Chief_Fan
07-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Obama wants 4.3 Trillion in cuts over the next 10 years. The Repubs have countered with half 2 trillion. Have I missed something? you have been tricked

notorious
07-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Name ONE reason why anyone should trust Obama at his word.

Quickie
07-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Name ONE reason why anyone should trust Obama at his word.

:Scanlon: