PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Herman Cain: Communities have right to ban mosques

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 06:25 PM
http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110717/ap_on_re_us/us_herman_cain_banning_mosques#mwpphu-container

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said Sunday that communities have a right to ban Islamic mosques.

Appearing on "Fox News Sunday," the former Godfather's Pizza CEO said protests and legal challenges to a planned mosque in Tennessee city are an example of local residents pushing back.

Cain said his view doesn't amount to religious discrimination because he says Muslims are trying to inject Shariah law into the U.S.

Shariah is a set of core principles that most Muslims recognize and a series of rulings from religious scholars. It covers many areas of life and different sects have different versions and interpretations of the code.

Asked if his view could lead any community to stand up in opposition to a proposed mosque, Cain replied, "They could say that." He pointed to opposition to the planned mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn., as an example.

"Let's go back to the fundamental issue that the people are basically saying that they are objecting to," Cain said. "They are objecting to the fact that Islam is both religion and (a) set of laws, Shariah law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it's just about religious purposes.

"The people in the community know best. And I happen to side with the people in the community."

Cain's comments were denounced as "unconstitutional and un-American" by a spokesman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations.

"It's clear that Herman Cain has decided that he will score political points every time he bashes the Muslim community or its constitutional rights," council spokesman Ibrahim Hooper said in a phone interview.

Cain previously stirred controversy by saying that he would not want a Muslim bent on killing Americans in his administration.

Campaigning in Murfreesboro last week, Cain sided with mosque opponents.

"I happen to also know that it's not just about a religious mosque," he said Sunday. "There are other things going on based upon talking to the people closest to the problem. It's not a mosque for religious purposes. This is what the people are objecting to."

Hooper called the remarks "utter nonsense," saying Cain "seems to have hitched his wagon to the most extreme anti-Muslim bigots out there." He called on Republican leaders to repudiate Cain's comments.

"Each time you have someone who is regarded as a mainstream political leader expressing these kind of hate-filled views, it just fans the flames of anti-Muslim bigotry nationwide," he said. "And it gives legitimacy to intolerance and hatred. And he, of all people, should realize this, being African-American."

In Murfreesboro, the future new mosque has been the subject of protests and counter-protests in the city about 35 miles southeast of Nashville.

Opponents have used the hearings to argue that the mosque is part of a plot to expand Islamic extremism in the U.S.

Stephen Fotopulos, executive director of the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition, said Cain's comments "demonstrate a profound misunderstanding of the U.S. Constitution."

"And it's baffling that a man with designs on becoming the leader of this nation would so callously alienate over 3 million of its citizens," Fotopulos said.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree with Herman on this.

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 06:28 PM
lol.

SNR
07-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Goodness! I've been misinterpreting the meaning of "freedom of religion" for years!

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 06:55 PM
lol.

Name me a Christian based religion that does have laws written within their belief that has to be carried out?

mikey23545
07-17-2011, 06:59 PM
This is very disappointing. I had hopes for Herman Cain before this, but this is hard to fathom.

I can understand being opposed to the Ground Zero mosque. That's a little too much like intentionally building a Baptist church on top of a known Indian burial ground. The people involved should have the sensitivity and decency to seek another site.

But to jump from that to being able to ban the construction of mosques just because you fear Sharia law?

Surely, Roy even you can see they way to prevent the imposition of Sharia law on our country is to cling tightly to that body of laws which we believe to be superior to Sharia...and those certainly include the laws protecting freedom of religion.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2011, 07:05 PM
This is likely the first time Cain has gave an answer to a question other than saying "I don't know" or counting with his fingers.

dirk digler
07-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Goodness! I've been misinterpreting the meaning of "freedom of religion" for years!

He is a hypocrite

mnchiefsguy
07-17-2011, 07:09 PM
This is very disappointing. I had hopes for Herman Cain before this, but this is hard to fathom.

I can understand being opposed to the Ground Zero mosque. That's a little too much like intentionally building a Baptist church on top of a known Indian burial ground. The people involved should have the sensitivity and decency to seek another site.

But to jump from that to being able to ban the construction of mosques just because you fear Sharia law?

Surely, Roy even you can see they way to prevent the imposition of Sharia law on our country is to cling tightly to that body of laws which we believe to be superior to Sharia...and those certainly include the laws protecting freedom of religion.

On the face of it, it is disappointing. However, if those planning to build said mosque were going to only enforce sharia law on its property, and thus create a conflict with established local laws and constitutional rights, then I think the debate over it takes a different turn.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 07:21 PM

Are there Honor killings now with some Islamic people in this country ? Not all, but some ? Yes. It has been mentioned, the local buzz in this area is that many of the believers at this mosque live this way or have claimed to value living this way. I have relatives in Murfreesboro that keeps us up to speed on the local talk. Plus the fact, I'm not that too far away, it's within our TV viewing.

To deny the building for anything other reason would be wrong. But according to local people there, there is suppose to be a very strong case against the people behind.

dirk digler
07-17-2011, 07:25 PM
On the face of it, it is disappointing. However, if those planning to build said mosque were going to only enforce sharia law on its property, and thus create a conflict with established local laws and constitutional rights, then I think the debate over it takes a different turn.

There is no conflict, there will be no conflict and anyone who is afraid of Sharia Law taking over in this country needs their head examined.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 07:29 PM
There is no conflict, there will be no conflict and anyone who is afraid of Sharia Law taking over in this country needs their head examined.

Why let it start? Weeds only start off as one weed. Then it spreads, etc.

BTA, why should we worry about some innocent Islamic girl that her daddy raises and kills her because she is living in the good old USA and wants to marry an American? I mean, it's what they believe in, right?

Wait, we have seen this before, a set of girls in Michigan and some in other states.

Please, Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

mnchiefsguy
07-17-2011, 07:35 PM

I think you are right, but I also think that in a free society, you have a responsibility to know what is going on, and politically, Sharia is a tool that Muslims are using in other parts of the world, particularly Europe, to get their way. While I think that our system of government is superior to most of Europe, thus making it much less likely to happen here, I think one must be aware. Anything is possible.

SNR
07-17-2011, 07:36 PM

BTA, why should we worry about some innocent Islamic girl that her daddy raises and kills her because she is living in the good old USA and wants to marry an American? I mean, it's what they believe in, right?

Wait, we have seen this before, a set of girls in Michigan and some in other states.

Please, Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.Let's grant that you're right and there is a secret society of 2000 or so Muslims in this country that want to infect our Constitution with Sharia law.

The fact that Cain is talking about this crap or calling it a threat when we have so much more important shit going on makes him a goddamn fool.

Remember, it's the economy, stupid.

Ron Paul will become president of the United States before Herman Cain, especially if Cain keeps talking like this is fucking 2002.

mnchiefsguy
07-17-2011, 07:37 PM
And, on a side note, Herman Cain has now dropped to the bottom of my potential Presidential candidate list. His remarks were frankly "right wing nut jobish" in nature, and show a lack of knowledge and study on the subject of key constitutional rights.

dirk digler
07-17-2011, 07:39 PM

Please, Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

I worry about all murders in this country regardless of religious beliefs. If they want to kill their children or wife here in America they will pay the American price, mostly likely life in prison or death.

I really don't see much difference between a father killing his daughter in the name of religion and an American woman killing her daughter to go partying.

SNR
07-17-2011, 07:39 PM
And, on a side note, Herman Cain has now dropped to the bottom of my potential Presidential candidate list. His remarks were frankly "right wing nut jobish" in nature, and show a lack of knowledge and study on the subject of key constitutional rights.Or, this. Much more eloquently said.

go bowe
07-17-2011, 07:40 PM

this...

go bowe
07-17-2011, 07:41 PM
And, on a side note, Herman Cain has now dropped to the bottom of my potential Presidential candidate list. His remarks were frankly "right wing nut jobish" in nature, and show a lack of knowledge and study on the subject of key constitutional rights.

and this...

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Let's grant that you're right and there is a secret society of 2000 or so Muslims in this country that want to infect our Constitution with Sharia law.

The fact that Cain is talking about this crap or calling it a threat when we have so much more important shit going on makes him a goddamn fool.

Remember, it's the economy, stupid.

Ron Paul will become president of the United States before Herman Cain, especially if Cain keeps talking like this is ****ing 2002.

I understand all of this, Herman will not win the GOP. But at the same time, the question was asked to him, he didn't offer this up until the questioned was asked. I just said I feel the same as he does on this topic, Lord knows we have many topics to choose from.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 07:45 PM
I worry about all murders in this country regardless of religious beliefs. If they want to kill their children or wife here in America they will pay the American price, mostly likely life in prison or death.

I really don't see much difference between a father killing his daughter in the name of religion and an American woman killing her daughter to go partying.

Point taken, but we can't have people living by 2 sets of laws in this land, can we?

dirk digler
07-17-2011, 07:45 PM

It is just a right wing nut jobish as praying the gay away.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 07:47 PM
this...

Just ask a farmer what weeds will do to his hay fields or his crops over time.

dirk digler
07-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Point taken, but we can't have people living by 2 sets of laws in this land, can we?

We have only 1 set of laws but it has always been applied differently for different groups of people, usually between the rich and the poor.

go bowe
07-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Just ask a farmer what weeds will do to his hay fields or his crops over time.

houses of religion are not weeds...

i doubt that sharia has anything to do with the proposed mosque, and that the proposed mosque wouldn't have anything to do with sharia...

to the extent that sharia has been permitted in the u.s., it does not replace our criminal laws in any way and anything which might be done based on some bastardization of sharia is still a crime and should be punished...

but i don't think a mosque in tn would have any notions or desire to abide by sharia law, let alone try to spread it...

in suburban detroit, maybe but not in tn...

listopencil
07-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Name me a Christian based religion that does have laws written within their belief that has to be carried out?

http://www.godhatesfags.com/index.html

I trust Herman Cain will be speaking out against the building of new Baptist churches as well, correct? Otherwise he's just an ignorant, hate-mongering bigot.

Chiefshrink
07-17-2011, 08:46 PM
the way to prevent the imposition of Sharia law on our country is to cling tightly to that body of laws which we believe to be superior to Sharia....

I agree Mikey but there is the 'rub' right there. Hold on Mikey I am going to get passionate here for a moment and nothing personal against you, I get your point...

But our politicians IMO don't cling tightly to "our body of laws"(a la Constitution) thus you have the 'slippery slope' so much so that the proposed ground zero mosque is being attempted and very few politicians have the guts to speak up except for us "Joe Sixpacks".

Of course this proposed little mosque in conservativeville will not be calling the shots on whether Sharia is implemented or not into our legal system. But it is a "sign of the times" when all of America must witness this severe insensitive offending "thumb in the eye" act of fulfilling a part of the caliphate victorial trophy over its enemies by building a mosque in its honor and 'only Joe Sixpacks' are able to stall this act? Where are the leaders defending our culture and values? Where are those Muslims that are offended by this attempt?

Therefore "Joe Sixpack" sees all this cowardice from DC and they will be damned if "especially in Redneckville" if there is going to be a Mosque that represents "terrorism(not a religion of peace) and sees America as the great Satan" and will push for Sharia law into our legal system to be built in their own backyard.

Therefore it is "Joe Sixpack" once again calling a "spade a spade" (a la Islam is not a religion of peace but of terrorism when you don't convert to their views and so-called religion-infidels that we are:rolleyes:).

Do we give freedom from our Laws to a religion of peace or a terrorist organization that does a very poor job in masking itself as a religion of peace?

IMO, Cain is "crazy like a fox" on this issue because this brings attention to himself and lets "Joe Sixpack" (We The People) know that he sees and believes what the majority of America is witnessing with this so-called peaceful Islam religion.

Cain accomplishes 2 things here. That Cain will truly defend the Constitution and 'We The People' by not allowing a terrorist organization to subvert our laws of freedom while masquerading as religion of peace while killing the great satan "We The People" in their own Mulsim eyes and might I add the eyes of the Progessive Marxists who love and support every minute of this crap as well at the same time:#

Yes it is a huge risk in this PC world of making sure America is destroyed.
Some would say a dumb risk but in his mind he has nothing to lose but his country so he will go down fighting as a good patriot would do. And I salute him because he is no phony and calls it like it is and believes what the majority of "We The People" believe. Yeah Herman Cain gets it and so do I and the majority of millions of Joe Sixpacks across America that will expose/oppose the Islam/Muslim religion at every turn.

Will it revive his campaign to the point of being a serious contender for the GOP? Probably not but I will take my hat off and salute this guy because he is one of us "We The People":thumb:

orange
07-17-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.godhatespillowbiters.com/index.html

I trust Herman Cain will be speaking out against the building of new Baptist churches as well, correct? Otherwise he's just an ignorant, hate-mongering bigot.

I'm mortified and dumbfounded... at myself for actually clicking that link expecting a page to open. :facepalm:

SNR
07-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm mortified and dumbfounded... at myself for actually clicking that link expecting a page to open. :facepalm:Lol. Dumbass.

orange
07-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Lol. Dumbass.

I'm trying to post a picture of "spanking a monkey" but GOOGLE keeps asking if I want to turn off SafeSearch.

healthpellets
07-17-2011, 09:06 PM
i'm still consistently surprised at Christians who seem to think that they'll always be the dominant religion in this country.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.godhatespillowbiters.com/index.html

Again, I say name a Christian faith religion that has laws that it's followers must apply over the local, state & federal laws.

Taco John
07-17-2011, 09:14 PM

How is this any different from you or I only enforcing the laws of my household on our own property?

Taco John
07-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Again, I say name a Christian faith religion that has laws that it's followers must apply over the local, state & federal laws.

What are you even talking about? Every establishment has their own set of rules on how they expect people to act when on the premises. If I go to the local pool, they have rules that they use to govern their pool that exist outside of federal or state law they enforce. Go to a Christian Church wearing a t-shirt that says "F**K JESUS" and see if your freedom of expression holds up there.

Psyko Tek
07-17-2011, 09:17 PM

we will beat the muslims the samre way we beat the russians
the same way we beat the japanese
the same way we shall defeat the chinese

cable TV, MTV, and the internet
we shall make them us

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:22 PM
What are you even talking about? Every establishment has their own set of rules on how they expect people to act when on the premises. If I go to the local pool, they have rules that they use to govern their pool that exist outside of federal or state law they enforce. Go to a Christian Church wearing a t-shirt that says "F**K JESUS" and see if your freedom of expression holds up there.

Do we kill them? I'm sure that that person would be asked to leave, but killed? There is a pastor of a church on death row in Iran now for being a Christian. An Irainian that converted over and they are trying to make him denounce his beleif and return to Islam.

Yep, that's the same as your expression.

BucEyedPea
07-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Roy, If this can be done to Muslims then it can be done to other faiths. It's not allowed. Cain shows he'd trash the Constitution here.

BucEyedPea
07-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Do we kill them?

Yes we do. We just use the state when we do it.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Do we kill them? I'm sure that that person would be asked to leave, but killed? There is a pastor of a church on death row in Iran now for being a Christian. An Irainian that converted over and they are trying to make him denounce his beleif and return to Islam.

Yep, that's the same as your expression.

There were Christian's in Nigeria killing Muslims. Whats your point?

Taco John
07-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Do we kill them? I'm sure that that person would be asked to leave, but killed?

We're apparently not even speaking the same language here. Kill them? :drool:

listopencil
07-17-2011, 09:32 PM

"Again"? Bullshit.

You can choose not to see the Christian extremists but they are there. Just as the the Islamic ones are. Look-it's simple.

"Cain said his view doesn't amount to religious discrimination because he says Muslims are trying to inject Shariah law into the U.S."

This is wrong. Here Cain is using a generality to justify religious persecution. By his own logic, we shouldn't allow Baptists to build new churches because of what the Westboro Baptist Church is doing.

"They are objecting to the fact that Islam is both religion and (a) set of laws, Shariah law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it's just about religious purposes."

And somehow this incredible moron overlooked the laws contained in the Bible? And somehow this moron overlooked the influence of those laws on the culture of America for the last...oh, I don't know...200+ years?

"I happen to also know that it's not just about a religious mosque," he said Sunday.

Once again, this is akin to saying that the problems with WBC aren't about a religious church. But we are going to ban Baptist churches because we think that political activity goes on in some.

Herman Cain is a hate-mongering moron if he believes the ignorant crap that is coming out of his own mouth. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. I'll just assume he's baiting some Christian fundamentalists into joining his bigoted stance because they are too narrow minded to know better.

listopencil
07-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh, by the way, as far as Christian churches being involved in political causes:

http://projectfairplay.org/legal/reports/

Looks like if Cain is correct we have a slew of Christian denominations to keep an eye on. Maybe we should just ban building churches all together.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:45 PM
We're apparently not even speaking the same language here. Kill them? :drool:

Part of the discussion on the Murfreesboro Tn mosque is centered on the Islamic follower's still believe in sharia law and would practice it above state,local & federal law. In the early stages before the mosque started construction it was let out by one member that they followed sharia law in their faith to the fullest. But since then they have backed away from that statement.

Can we build churches in there country ? Most countries,No, they do not allow our faith there for the fear it will cause to their people and their faith.

I have no problem with them as long as they do live by our laws, but if they do practice their ( sharia ) laws in our country and have no respect for other people and our country, that's where I draw the line.

This comes from a previous post on Honor killings and some Islamic practicing sharia laws in the USA.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Roy, If this can be done to Muslims then it can be done to other faiths. It's not allowed. Cain shows he'd trash the Constitution here.

The Constitution doesn't tell anybody they can live by whatever laws they wish.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes we do. We just use the state when we do it.

We do, here in the USA?

Reference ?

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Westboro Baptist Church

As much as I dislike their stance, I do not see them killing anybody or not going by the laws of this country.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:51 PM
There were Christian's in Nigeria killing Muslims. Whats your point?

Reference ?

BucEyedPea
07-17-2011, 09:52 PM
The Constitution doesn't tell anybody they can live by whatever laws they wish.

That has no relevance because that was not my objection. Banning a mosque doesn't pass Constitutional muster whether or not they would seek to change any laws. ALL laws are based on someone's values. If they try to pass Sharia law then let the people there get involved to vote against it. If any of those laws violate the rights of others then it would be struck down.

Dave Lane
07-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Gobowe has told me to easy on Roy, but this is indefensible.

listopencil
07-17-2011, 09:56 PM
As much as I dislike their stance, I do not see them killing anybody or not going by the laws of this country.

How many Muslims have you personally seen committing crimes and killing people in this country? Was there a spree of terrorism going on at your local mosque that didn't make the papers?

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:56 PM

Meh whatever ...... at times I think you disagree with yourself just to have something to do.

Dave Lane
07-17-2011, 09:57 PM

we shall make them us

Brilliant! and true...

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:58 PM
How many Muslims have you personally seen committing crimes and killing people in this country? Was there a spree of terrorism going on at your local mosque that didn't make the papers?

As I said previously, it is a heated topic in Tn. I have family that lives about 8 miles from that site. Plus the fact it is within our local viewership that it gets plenty of air time.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 10:01 PM
That has no relevance because that was not my objection. Banning a mosque doesn't pass Constitutional muster whether or not they would seek to change any laws. ALL laws are based on someone's values. If they try to pass Sharia law then let the people there get involved to vote against it. If any of those laws violate the rights of others then it would be struck down.

All citizens of the USA must obey all state,local & federal laws. Again, when a member of that group voiced that they practiced sharia law and believed in it over our laws only to retract his comments, caused a lot of people to complain in that area.

listopencil
07-17-2011, 10:02 PM
As I said previously, it is a heated topic in Tn. I have family that lives about 8 miles from that site. Plus the fact it is within our local viewership that it gets plenty of air time.

I was born in Virginia in 1967. Do you have any concept of what that means as far as "political" activities going on in local Christian houses of worship?

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 10:06 PM
I was born in Virginia in 1967. Do you have any concept of what that means as far as "political" activities going on in local Christian houses of worship?

Enlighten us, guessing games are no fun.

wazu
07-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Disappointing. I saw Cain as an outsider that I was interested in hearing more from. He is now irrelevant.

listopencil
07-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Enlighten us, guessing games are no fun.

Wow, learn some history young man. The KKK used to meet in local churches in the South to plan activities.

All citizens of the USA must obey all state,local & federal laws. Again, when a member of that group voiced that they practiced sharia law and believed in it over our laws only to retract his comments, caused a lot of people to complain in that area.

You mean like tax law?

http://projectfairplay.org/facts/developments/

Or do you mean like bringing about a set of religious laws in this country?

We strive to establish the laws of YAHWEH (GOD) here on earth!

http://www.curakkkk.com/index2.html

Dave Lane
07-17-2011, 10:24 PM
They should ban Baptist churches because of this

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u8QOJUw_XaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Westboro Baptist Church Interview.

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 10:28 PM

Name me one thing you have seen with your own eyes where Sharia law was trying to be implemented.

The GOP is feeling desperate and selling fear.

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 10:29 PM

You know there is a system in place for people who don't follow our laws.

mikey23545
07-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Name me one thing you have seen with your own eyes where Sharia law was trying to be implemented.

The GOP is feeling desperate and selling fear.

President Obama on Tuesday said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3 if Democrats and Republicans in Washington do not reach an agreement on reducing the deficit in the coming weeks.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-17-2011, 10:36 PM
This thread is so full of fail, sorry Roy i like ya but really you agree? Our supposed Christian leaders are doing a fine job of destroying this country. Show me a politician whom follows the creed What would Jesus Do?

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Wow, learn some history young man. The KKK used to meet in local churches in the South to plan activities.

You mean like tax law?

http://projectfairplay.org/facts/developments/

Or do you mean like bringing about a set of religious laws in this country?

We strive to establish the laws of YAHWEH (GOD) here on earth!

http://www.curakkkk.com/index2.html

WOW, been a while since anybody called me , young.

It wasn't just Virginia that was happening to. Everybody, churches, have their bad people and sin.

It's easy to pick on the bad churches because you people expect them to be so perfect.

Nobody on earth now is perfect, including the Christians,Muslims,Budda, etc. in the USA.

But we all have to follow the laws of this country.

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
President Obama on Tuesday said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3 if Democrats and Republicans in Washington do not reach an agreement on reducing the deficit in the coming weeks.

Well that is just sense. If there isn't money it doesn't go out. Equating that with the fear that OMG MUSLIM LAW IS DESCENDING UPON US is adorable.

Of course you have always been a tin foil hat type.

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 10:39 PM

Uh yea. We know.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 10:42 PM
This thread is so full of fail, sorry Roy i like ya but really you agree? Our supposed Christian leaders are doing a fine job of destroying this country. Show me a politician whom follows the creed What would Jesus Do?

I agree with your statement.

But tell me why the Muslims that believe in sharia law to the fullest are allowed to practice their beliefs in the USA?

It's amazing that 10 years after 9/11, people are so laid back on the Muslim ways of coming to America.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Not true if you don't like it, you SHOULD be able to change it and this happens almost everyday. The unfortunate part is the Soulless corporations are the ones whom change the laws to their benefit and to our detriment.

listopencil
07-17-2011, 10:43 PM
WOW, been a while since anybody called me , young.

It wasn't just Virginia that was happening to. Everybody, churches, have their bad people and sin.

It's easy to pick on the bad churches because you people expect them to be so perfect.

Nobody on earth now is perfect, including the Christians,Muslims,Budda, etc. in the USA.

Then why don't you advocate a ban on building Christian and Buddhist houses of worship?

KILLER_CLOWN
07-17-2011, 10:44 PM

But tell me why the Muslims that believe in sharia law to the fullest are allowed to practice their beliefs in the USA?

It's amazing that 10 years after 9/11, people are so laid back on the Muslim ways of coming to America.

Define laid back, they are not pushing their ideals on me as far as i can see. Atheists seem to be the ones that are most offensive.

listopencil

Why are Christians who believe in Biblical law allowed to practice their beliefs in the USA?

Chocolate Hog
Herman Cain shows how stupid he really is

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JArkzPtxqn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 10:47 PM

Because this is the USA. They have the freedom to do so.

And if they break any of our laws then they are open to being punished for that.

listopencil
07-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Roy...this problem only exists in your mind. You are being manipulated by a hate-mongering bigot. I've got to work in the morning. Good night.

mlyonsd
07-18-2011, 07:27 AM
I saw the interview yesterday. Cain is done.

notorious
07-18-2011, 07:27 AM

This.

Bah-Bye Herman, that was a dumbass thing to say. :facepalm:

alnorth
07-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Cain lost me as soon as he promised he'd have no Muslim in his cabinet, which was well over a month ago. Not that he should fill a quota and actively look for a Muslim, but he is obviously a religious bigot.

Aside from being an idiot, the man is obviously unelectable.

ForeverChiefs58
07-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Communities have the right to ban whatever they want or don't want in their own community.

Communities come together all over the country to ban strip clubs, bars, liquor stores, walmarts, targets etc. A town in Boston even baned the sale of bottled water. It is up to the majority in each town, city or state and if they don't want a church or mosque then then that is up to them.

mikey23545
07-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Well that is just sense. If there isn't money it doesn't go out. Equating that with the fear that OMG MUSLIM LAW IS DESCENDING UPON US is adorable.

Of course you have always been a tin foil hat type.

God, what an insufferable, pompous little ass you are...LMAO

It's just sense if we pass the stimulus bill unemployment will never reach 8%...that kind of sense you mean?

And if you were paying attention, you'd notice I was arguing we did not have to worry about Sharia law, you moron.

loochy
07-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Communities have the right to ban whatever they want or don't want in their own community.

Communities come together all over the country to ban strip clubs, bars, liquor stores, walmarts, targets etc. A town in Boston even baned the sale of bottled water. It is up to the majority in each town, city or state and if they don't want a church or mosque then then that is up to them.

We don't want gay people in this town. How do you feel about that? Or maybe we don't want black people. What about that one?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Cain lost me as soon as he promised he'd have no Muslim in his cabinet, which was well over a month ago. Not that he should fill a quota and actively look for a Muslim, but he is obviously a religious bigot.

Aside from being an idiot, the man is obviously unelectable.

Have you seen some of the comments he's made about Obama being a black man? He really hurts the party.

Chiefshrink
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Roy my man, I totally get what you are saying:thumb:

Again I say:

Do we give freedom of worship from our Laws to a religion of peace or a terrorist organization that does a very poor job in masking itself as a religion of peace that uses our own Constitutional freedoms to terrorize us?

Until the Islam/Muslim people rise up and clean out the terrorists that call the shots for their so-called "religion of peace" it is a "terrorist organization" until then 'they have already broken our laws' IMHO.

However,the dirty little secret about the Islam/Muslim so-called faith is that as stated earlier in this thread that anyone who does not ultimately convert to being a Muslim and does not practice Sharia law must die because you are an 'infidel'. And all 'infidels' must die according to the Quran. BTW this is not some fringe barely mentioned 'infidel law' either, it is a common occurring commandment all the way through the Quran.

So is it really a religion of peace that this so-called majority of Muslims of the faith don't believe in 'terrorism' that we hear so often about but never see or hear?

All I see is subversion of our Laws. All I see is 'dead silence' from the Muslim community. All I see is continued "terrorist threats and actions" in the last 3yrs on our soil.

This so-called religion of peace is a criminal organization plain and simple that is allowed by cowards of their own faith and moreso cowardly people and politicians of this country to masquarade as a "religion of peace".

"Don't piss on my leg and tell me it is raining".

Chiefshrink
07-18-2011, 08:57 AM

:thumb:

You would think, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut as I said earlier.............

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 09:15 AM
:thumb:

You would think, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut as I said earlier.............

This is true, UNLESS it is a natural and fundamental right—which freedom of religion is.

So much for trashing something this country was founded on. If you do it to just ONE religion you've opened the door to it being done to other religions. Very dangerous.

The only thing local I can see is how zoning can be used, but it would have to apply to all religions.

oldandslow
07-18-2011, 09:17 AM
This is true, UNLESS it is a natural and fundamental right—which freedom of religion is.

So much for trashing something this country was founded on.

Exactly.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Cain is demagaguing this issue to play to worst sentiments in the Christian communities.

notorious
07-18-2011, 09:21 AM

Religion is a shade different then what you listed.

Juuuuuust a shade.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
We do, here in the USA?

Reference ?

Reference? You need a reference for that? How about PGWI, Invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

Doesn't matter if it's done here. They came over here to kill us because we had been bombing them over there for the past ten years as well as starving innocent children and denying them medicine with sanctions on Iraq. Our leaders wanted to mess with a people that never forget and seek revenge.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Disappointing. I saw Cain as an outsider that I was interested in hearing more from. He is now irrelevant.

I find this hard to believe from someone like you. I mean he was " former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City." ( wikipedia) He is a Fedster—these cats are the insiders of the insiders.

Brock
07-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Then I guess we have the right to ban churches too, but then we'd have to listen to ROY and his ilk "OMGZ WE'RE BEING PERSECUTED JUST LIKE THE BIBLE SAID"

notorious
07-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Then I guess we have the right to ban churches too,

This is my exact thought, which makes what Herman Cain said absolutely retarded.

Saulbadguy
07-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I would have no problem with banning mosques if it included churches, synagogues, temples, etc.

go bowe
07-18-2011, 09:41 AM

easy, not no criticism of rather unsettling positions...

roy is real wrong on this one...

the first amendment is more important than some fear mongering baseless attack on muslims and their right to practice their religion in their own houses of worship...

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 09:49 AM

Unfortunately, the Constitutions of each state also gaurantee freedom of religion too—not just the Federal Govt. So your local govt stand doesn't fly either.

Cave Johnson
07-18-2011, 10:01 AM

we shall make them us

This video worked especially well on the Japs.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/17lkdqoLt44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jaric
07-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I love the irony of people wanting to violate the Constitution because we are afraid of people not following the laws of our land...

Herman Cain is dead to me as a GOP candidate.

Ace Gunner
07-18-2011, 11:38 AM
ban jesus & christmas too, pleez

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 11:40 AM
I love the irony of people wanting to violate the Constitution because we are afraid of people not following the laws of our land...

The most concerning part of this thread to me is the number of posters who hadn't already written this guy off as a sideshow.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-18-2011, 11:41 AM
The most concerning part of this thread to me is the number of posters who hadn't already written this guy off as a sideshow.

This!

ForeverChiefs58
07-18-2011, 12:15 PM
It would seem to go a little deeper then just religion. What is the intent? Is it ONLY about religion? If there is such a high demand for a new mega mosque where they want to build then the people in that particular community shouldn't care. If the rest of that community views it as too inflamatory or that it would spread hate in their neighborhood then it is up to them to stand up against it being built in that particular place.

For instance, if someone wanted to build a mega ku klux klan house of worship in a black neighborhood it could be viewed as too provocative and the people that live there should have the right to try and prevent it. I really think this particular issue is probably being blown up because it is muslims. If this was someone trying to build a buddest temple in an amish neighborhood and there wasn't any community support for it, then it would probably be a non issue.

Brock
07-18-2011, 12:17 PM
It would seem to go a little deeper then just religion. What is the intent? Is it ONLY about religion? If there is such a high demand for a new mega mosque where they want to build then the people in that particular community shouldn't care. If the rest of that community views it as too inflamatory or that it would spread hate in their neighborhood then it is up to them to stand up against it being built in that particular place.

Are you implying religious structures should be voted on?

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 12:38 PM
It would seem to go a little deeper then just religion. What is the intent? Is it ONLY about religion?
We don't need any thought police either. When they commit a crime or plot one then you can investigate, indict and prosecute the ones involved.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 12:46 PM

notorious
07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
We don't need any thought police either. When they commit a crime or plot one then you can investigate, indict and prosecute the ones involved.

It really is that simple.

Taco John
07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Part of the discussion on the Murfreesboro Tn mosque is centered on the Islamic follower's still believe in sharia law and would practice it above state,local & federal law.

So what's the problem? Everybody practices their own form of the law above state, local & federal law. Have you ever went over the speed limit because you found the current speed limit to be ridiculously low? Just about every American has done that.

Can we build churches in there country ?

What country is that? I don't see how this question is material at all, considering this is America.

I have no problem with them as long as they do live by our laws, but if they do practice their ( sharia ) laws in our country and have no respect for other people and our country, that's where I draw the line.

That's fine, you can draw that line for yourself, just not for them. They can follow whatever rules and guidelines and cultural or religious laws that they want without your intervention. This is America, not Roycistan. And if by following their laws, they go outside of our own, then that's a matter for law enforcement and the courts - not for legislators.

Jaric
07-18-2011, 07:27 PM

I gave him a chance at first because I didn't know anything about him.

Red flags started waiving with the awkward way he attempted to explain why he wouldn't have a Muslim in his cabinet.

This confirms to me he isn't worth voting for. If he is willing to completely disregard the constitution for something like this, then God only knows in what other ways he's willing to disregard it.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Oy veh...

Bye Herman. It's already over.

notorious
07-18-2011, 08:54 PM
I gave him a chance at first because I didn't know anything about him.

Red flags started waiving with the awkward way he attempted to explain why he wouldn't have a Muslim in his cabinet.

This confirms to me he isn't worth voting for. If he is willing to completely disregard the constitution for something like this, then God only knows in what other ways he's willing to disregard it.

At first I thought he was really trying to make a run.

Now I can see that it was all bullshit and probably a ploy to get himself a larger audience. What a joke. :facepalm: