PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Ron Paul commercial running in Iowa

Taco John
07-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Nice commercial...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UUNIeOB0whI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Running in New Hampshire and Nevada too.

BucEyedPea
07-17-2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7748237&postcount=66

wazu
07-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Wow! Ugh...I really wish he wasn't so damn OLD!

wazu
07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7748237&postcount=66

Is this some lame attempt at calling a "re-post"? By saying this was post #66 in some other thread?

BucEyedPea
07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Is this some lame attempt at calling a "re-post"? By saying this was post #66 in some other thread?

No, just saying we have seen it. I don't mind seeing it again—AT ALL!

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Wow! Ugh...I really wish he wasn't so damn OLD!

This plus the whole country in the past has found him unelectable.

Like all politicians, he has his gaffs that trips him up with the views of most Americans.

wazu
07-17-2011, 09:55 PM
No, just saying we have seen it. I don't mind seeing it again—AT ALL!

Okay, I forgive you then. ;)

wazu
07-17-2011, 09:56 PM

Like all politicians, he has his gaffs that trips him up with the views of most Americans.

Keep trying. The minute you try to say that Ron Paul is "like all politicians", you completely discredit yourself. He's one of a kind.

ROYC75
07-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Keep trying. The minute you try to say that Ron Paul is "like all politicians", you completely discredit yourself. He's one of a kind.

You are putting too much into what I said, all politicians make gaffs. He's not immune to them. His comments in the earlier SC debates didn't help him any. He had a low favor ability before that,like I said, it didn't help. Many people feel he is too old, I would mind seeing him as our POTUS, a lot better than what we have now.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2011, 10:08 PM

Your senator will do much better in 2016.

wazu
07-17-2011, 10:10 PM
You are putting too much into what I said, all politicians make gaffs. He's not immune to them. His comments in the earlier SC debates didn't help him any. He had a low favor ability before that,like I said, it didn't help. Many people feel he is too old, I would mind seeing him as our POTUS, a lot better than what we have now.

Okay. You, too, are now forgiven. ;)

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 10:45 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Paul campaign deals with another run at this thing. What has changed...how will their approach change...can they build on the momentum from last time?

It will be interesting as hell.

wazu
07-17-2011, 10:50 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Paul campaign deals with another run at this thing. What has changed...how will their approach change...can they build on the momentum from last time?

What's most interesting is how he actually has traction in the polls now. Major polls showing him #2. He had nothing last time. (Except his sign in my yard, which I can tell you is no small accomplishment.)

KILLER_CLOWN
07-17-2011, 10:52 PM
This is why the US troops support Ron Paul

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcpg9e2JXT0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcpg9e2JXT0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

|Zach|
07-17-2011, 10:52 PM
What's most interesting is how he actually has traction in the polls now. Major polls showing him #2. He had nothing last time. (Except his sign in my yard, which I can tell you is no small accomplishment.)
There is nothing out there that tells me those who supported him last time would stray from their support of him this time around. His floor has been raised but it isn't encouraging news until his ceiling has. IMO.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2011, 11:29 PM

Working with the campaign as a volunteer in 07-08 and now I can tell you theres a huge difference.

This time in 07' heading into the straw poll it was a very unorganized campaign mostly headed up by the grassroots. We had no organization whatsoever heading into the straw poll where you'll see it's all about organization. This time around they have a man helping out by the name of Doug Wead. He was an adviser to George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush and even helped George W. win the Ames straw poll.

The campaign has double the money it had this time last year and more of a focus. Last time it was all about getting the focus out this time around it's about targeting important early states ( Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada)

The good: Paul now has 80% name recognition and polls better than any other Republican amongst candidates.

The bad: Despite being such a well known candidate he still polls in the low teens- high single digits.

The good thing is it's still very early and it's a weak field. If he raises another million or 2 heading into Ames and wins that he'll have momentum.

orange
07-17-2011, 11:43 PM
The good: Paul now has 80% name recognition and polls better than any other Republican amongst candidates.

The bad: Despite being such a well known candidate he still polls in the low teens- high single digits.

So, what you're saying is...

People know him.
People like him.
People still don't want him to be President.

Could it be his message they're rejecting?

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2011, 11:52 PM

People know him.
People like him.

I'm fully aware that he's a bit too much for some but if his message was being rejected he'd be trending down. This isn't the case.

wazu
07-17-2011, 11:52 PM

People know him.
People like him.

Yes. He's selling Libertarian to Republicans, and he is 104 years old. The fact that he's in the running at all is hard to fathom.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Yes. He's selling Libertarian to Republicans, and he is 104 years old. The fact that he's in the running at all is hard to fathom.

No it's not it really isn't. He's raised double the money this time compared to last and went from not polling to 1% around last time to polling in double digits in some states.

As for his message not spreading again thats not true. That message got his son elected to senate in Kentucky and others in the house. The fact the party is moving closer to his views on FP and economics is very telling.

LOCOChief
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM

People know him.
People like him.

Yes this HAS been the case.

But, this is the kind of "Hope and Change" I know that Obama will bring about.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 09:06 AM
If those saying Paul is unelectable, who also claim to like him, just let that consideration go — then Paul would be electable. It is not a real reason by those who claim this. It's something else....like fear of some of his stands. Rs who claim this, are just unable to admit it's Paul's wanting to end the wars in the ME, which they falsely believe are making us safe. Using "unelectability" is just a cover.

The same Rs saying this continue to believe in candidates "talking the limited govt talk" but who have records that say otherwise. For instance, Austrian economist Karen Kwiatkowski says the following:

House's Cut, Cap and Balance bill expands the debt limit, suggests cuts without actually committing to them, and increases our already bloated military accounts while seeking to get the money from the social welfare accounts (already and always empty). Specifically, the House Bill plans to happily pay for a growing military budget ad infinitum, predicting and praying that the already lopsided and obscene "Pentagon appropriations ...[will continue to] grow..." The establishment Republican from the 6th District of Virginia (Goodlatte) is proud of his "conservatism," as are so many of the Republicrats. The bill should be entitled "Lie, Lay Low, and Rock the Status Quo." Or maybe "Con, Crap and Bull." What's so hard to understand about the message Americans (especially the younger generations) have for Washington DC — which is stop borrowing, stop spending, and just go away?

These are the same type of Rs who really don't want Paul to win the primary along with their cronies—banksters, the Fed, all the govt agencies and the media. I mean let's face it, even Palin was a pro-Big Bank Bailout. She's also controlled my leading Neo Cons ( supporters of Obamacare) Bill Kristol & Co.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-18-2011, 10:37 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x52ep0uDG4M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x52ep0uDG4M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 10:41 AM

Who has him #2? RCP has him 6th nationally at 6.0% behind Romney, Bachmann, Perry, Palin, and Cain.

The only poll showing him better than 6th is Fox which has him at 7% and Cain at 5%.

Paul finished with 6.5% in the final RCP poll last election. The guy is pretty much a known commodity. He has some good ideas, and he has very loyal supporters, but he just doesn't resonate as a candidate beyond them.

SuperChief
07-18-2011, 11:46 AM
The American people want a bread and butter Republican candidate, as they always have. Ron Paul is not bread and butter. It's too bad more people can't open their fucking eyes and see that this man can be the best thing for our country in quite a while.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 12:33 PM
The American people want a bread and butter Republican candidate, as they always have. Ron Paul is not bread and butter. It's too bad more people can't open their ****ing eyes and see that this man can be the best thing for our country in quite a while.
What's a "bread and butter" candidate?

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 12:35 PM
The Thomas Jefferson of our day versus the Hamiltons. ( Romney, Perry, Cain & Palin )

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hqZbbqK2KzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe the fact that many of RP's supporters are smarmy know-it-alls in the mold of Deaniacs contributes to his lack of mainstream appeal.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Maybe the fact that many of RP's supporters are smarmy know-it-alls in the mold of Deaniacs contributes to his lack of mainstream appeal.

Quit talking about your own camp of status-quo. Meanwhile, you support an utterly corrupt mainstream which is basically I believe the Inside-the-Beltway power-elite crowd who presided over our current economic mess. What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over despite not getting any results?

Being committed to what one thinks is truth is not being an know-it-all. Highlighting where one predicted our currrent demise is promoting one's expertise and results.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Maybe the facts that many of RP's supporters are smarmy know-it-alls in the mold of Deaniacs contributes to his lack of mainstream appeal.

Fact? isn't that subjective? Deaniacs...right......birds of a feather you know. LMAO

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Quit talking about your own camp of status-quo. Meanwhile, you support an utterly corrupt mainstream which is basically I believe the Inside-the-Beltway power-elite crowd who presided over our current economic mess. What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over despite not getting any results?

Being committed to what one thinks is truth is not being an know-it-all. Highlighting where one predicted our currrent demise is promoting one's expertise and results.

You're stupid for doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. /BEP as she prepares to vote for RP yet again.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 01:50 PM
You're stupid for doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. /BEP as she prepares to vote for RP yet again.

Say what?

That's funny, I have said I'd rather keep him in congress and I know you saw that too because I believe I said it to you. I also never claimed he'd win a GOP primary and that I know my vote, if I go that way, is a protest vote. So it serves my purpose each time. You probably supported Bob Dole in the 90's. Ya' know the guy who was trying to persuade Rs in the last congress to vote for Obamacare? That Bod Dole. Meanwhile, I haven't said who I am voting for this time. I know you saw that too. I've even entertained Bachmann at one point.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Ya i want to be with the WINNING TEAM, Make room on the Bandwagon, i'm voting Obama baby! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Dave Lane
07-18-2011, 01:54 PM

He's polling at like 2%. I don't call that in the running.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Saul cracks me up. Guise just vote for the one who can win thats what Democracy is about!

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Say what?

That's funny, I have said I'd rather keep him in congress and I know you saw that too because I believe I said it to you. I also never claimed he'd win a GOP primary and that I know my vote, if I go that way, is a protest vote. So it serves my purpose each time. You probably supported Bob Dole in the 90's. Ya' know the guy who was trying to persuade Rs in the last congress to vote for Obamacare? That Bod Dole. Meanwhile, I haven't said who I am voting for this time. I know you saw that too. I've even entertained Bachmann at one point.

I've seen you say that you prefer him in congress, but I don't recall ever seeing you say that you were undecided, nor do I believe that to be true.

I was too young to vote for Dole, but I would have been more likely to vote for him than for the tooth fairy, the loch ness monster, or a Ron Paul with a chance of winning.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 02:05 PM
I've seen you say that you prefer him in congress, but I don't recall ever seeing you say that you were undecided, nor do I believe that to be true.
Oh I definitely did and I remember you, my dear, being in the thread watching over me. I am watching right now and I do like Paul so I will defend him either way.

I was too young to vote for Dole, but I would have been more likely to vote for him than for the tooth fairy, the loch ness monster, or a Ron Paul with a chance of winning.

Yikes! Saul is a baby at politics! It takes time to get jaded as you watch the state grow under Rs and Ds. I understand. ;)

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Saul cracks me up. Guise just vote for the one who can win thats what Democracy is about!

Voting for the best candidate who has a chance to win is just crazy. I think I will root for the Missouri Tigers to win the NBA title next year because I like them more than I like any NBA team.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Voting for the best candidate who has a chance to win is just crazy. I think I will root for the Missouri Tigers to win the NBA title next year because I like them more than I like any NBA team.

It's a matter of needing to really shake the system up for true change. Otherwise, business as usual. Nowadays, I mainly vote for gridlock.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
It's a matter of needing to really shake the system up for true change. Otherwise, business as usual. Nowadays, I mainly vote for gridlock.

Fair enough. In 1996, Perot was my favorite, but I would have voted for Dole because a vote for Perot amounted to a vote for Clinton.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Saul comparing politics to NBA is just further proof Americans treat politics like sports. It explains why the country is fucked and why we get such pieces of shits running it.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Fair enough. In 1996, Perot was my favorite, but I would have voted for Dole because a vote for Perot amounted to a vote for Clinton.

Well, believe it or not, I was where you are now back then. To the point of convincing a Republican friend that a vote for Perot was a waste. ( I thought Perot was 1992) I voted for Buchanan in the primary but Bush in the national election. Dole, I had to really hold my nose on though. I even went down to count chads for Bush, I was so outraged by Dole trying to steak the election. After, I saw what one-party rule did—I said never again. So if I decide to "throw-away" my vote in the national election (it's not a throw away in the primary) with a write-in again I will do it by seeing what the odds are on the House and Senate gains look like. I am just sick of repeated broken promises by the Republicans.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Saul comparing politics to NBA is just further proof Americans treat politics like sports. It explains why the country is ****ed and why we get such pieces of shits running it.

I'm sure that the motley crew of BEP, KillerClown, and billay are the path to a better future.

Apparently reading nothing but Lew Rockwell, Prison Planet, and Highlights Magazine for Children leads people to vote for Ron Paul. I will take my chances straying from your direction, though.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Well, believe it or not, I was where you are now back then. To the point of convincing a Republican friend that a vote for Perot was a waste. ( I thought Perot was 1992) I voted for Buchanan in the primary but Bush in the national election. Dole, I had to really hold my nose on though. I even went down to count chads for Bush, I was so outraged by Dole trying to steak the election. After, I saw what one-party rule did—I said never again. So if I decide to "throw-away" my vote in the national election (it's not a throw away in the primary) with a write-in again I will do it by seeing what the odds are on the House and Senate gains look like. I am just sick of repeated broken promises by the Republicans.

I have zero problem with someone supporting an underdog in the primaries. I was a Duncan Hunter fan last time. Where I do have a problem is when people adopt a scorched earth tactic and trash all the other candidates and voters during the primaries and only succeed in fracturing the party beyond repair.

RP is most useful by flanking the other candidates. If he can move the base slightly right, that is a win. He hurts the cause, or rather his supporters hurt the cause, when they become petulant and make solid Conservative positions seem like kook-fringe positions.

As it stands, every time I think about stepping into the Ron Paul tent, I look around, see who else is inside, and run away screaming.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm sure that the motley crew of BEP, KillerClown, and billay are the path to a better future.

Apparently reading nothing but Lew Rockwell, Prison Planet, and Highlights Magazine for Children leads people to vote for Ron Paul. I will take my chances straying from your direction, though.

Yes because were all part of his team, we just had a conference call with him. :hmmm:

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
I have zero problem with someone supporting an underdog in the primaries. I was a Duncan Hunter fan last time. Where I do have a problem is when people adopt a scorched earth tactic and trash all the other candidates and voters during the primaries and only succeed in fracturing the party beyond repair.
Kinda like way some have condemed on Ron Paul? "Isolationist", "racist" and "anti-semitic?"
I mean REALLY! The reason for this on behalf of Paul supporters is 1) their passion 2) because pointing out the other guys are NOT going to really change anything takes that kind of effort to get you to look. It's true Paul does have the Truthers but not all his followers are Truthers.

Ron Paul is singular in terms of politicians in the history of this country. That's a rare trait.
The rest really are liars, cheats and thieves.

As it stands, every time I think about stepping into the Ron Paul tent, I look around, see who else is inside, and run away screaming.

Well, I get that way when I see who supports Obama. Why are you so afraid of passion though? Don't forget it was the rabble that helped forge this nation at one time. We don't look at them that way today because we won. So they are heros. This is how Paul supporters are about Paul but you also have to accommodate that many of his supporters are young. Not all of them act like that. In fact many are libertarians, what you seem to be at least on the surface.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Yes because were all part of his team, we just had a conference call with him. :hmmm:

Whether you like it or not, you do represent him. Of his most vocal supporters, you and TJ are probably his best spokespeople. Now I like you, KC, but even you have to admit that some of your ideas are pretty far off the beaten path.

When the lovable but crazy guy is the best ambassador for a candidate, the campaign is doomed for failure.

(I hope you don't take my characterization of you in a way other than it is intended. You bring a lot of good stuff to this board even if some of it seems straight out of Alice in Wonderland. I like listening to Coast to Coast AM, and you're the CP version of Art Bell.)

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Whos advocating scorched earth? I'll vote for someone whos worthy of my vote most of the other Republicans aren't that. I'd be willing to vote for a guy like Jim DeMint or anyone else whos serious about the budget but the other guys in this field aren't.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Hilarious Saul talks about our path for a better future when I guarantee you agree with most of what I stand for. However you vote for the best guy to win because you have a sports mentality when it comes to politics. You vote for someone because he's not the other guy. Please tell me how thats the path to a bright future?

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 03:22 PM

How do you know if I only read Lew Rockwell? It's just my opening page each morning and the blog, by contributing authors, links to news from a motley list from right to left progressive.

Since, you seem like a libertarian, at least on the surface, did you know it's the Number 1 Libertarian site?

They do post divergent views too. For example most thought the hysteria over the Casey Anthony case was a bunch of moralizing couch-potatoes roasted by Nancy Disgrace's flames who all but determined her as guilty without cross-examination while claiming to know how every mother responds to a lost child without considering that shock ( acting like nothing is wrong) is one. They thought the state over-charged their case leading to not-guilty. Then there was the other camp, who felt the jurors could ignore the judge's instructions and convict her.

You know little about Lew Rockwell. But why would anyone want the pablum of the mainstream media. If you read Lew more you'd be able to spot some of their lies.

Bottom line—> the mainstream whether R or D is socialism. I opt out of this status quo.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Kinda like way some have condemed on Ron Paul? "Isolationist", "racist" and "anti-semitic?"
I mean REALLY! The reason for this on behalf of Paul supporters is 1) their passion 2) because pointing out the other guys are NOT going to really change anything takes that kind of effort to get you to look.

Ron Paul is singular in terms of politicians in the history of this country. That's a rare trait.
The rest really are liars, cheats and thieves.

Well, I get that way when I see who supports Obama. Why are you so afraid of passion though? Don't forget it was the rabble that helped forge this nation at one time. We don't look at them that way today because we won. So they are heros. This is how Paul supporters are about Paul but you also have to accommodate that many of his supporters are young. Not all of them act like that. In fact many are libertarians, what you seem to be at least on the surface.

I would give you the same advice I game to sprayer (that he largely ignored). If the general public is at position "A", and you want to prove to them that position "Z" is correct, you can't just start chanting "Z" and call everyone who are at positions "A" through "X" idiots. You first have to walk them from "B" to "Y". Then, "Z" doesn't seem so crazy.

Taco John
07-18-2011, 03:35 PM

I personally think that the long term strategy is to raise the issues and bring awareness to the point of view, and then advance Rand Paul as a candidate in 2016.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Hilarious Saul talks about our path for a better future when I guarantee you agree with most of what I stand for. However you vote for the best guy to win because you have a sports mentality when it comes to politics. You vote for someone because he's not the other guy. Please tell me how thats the path to a bright future?

Let's take 2008 as an example here. If I wanted to vote for the candidate with the best chance of winning, I would have voted for Obama. That would have been stupid because he's against just about everything I stand for.

If I wanted to vote for someone who held my exact views without regard for the fact that he had no shot of winning, I would have written in myself. That would have been just as pointless, as it would have been a wasted vote.

Instead, I held my nose and voted for the best of a bad field.

In retrospect, Romney would have been a better candidate than McCain. Maybe he would have won had he been nominated. Instead of wasting my time supporting a Duncan Hunter\Ron Paul type, I am putting my weight behind Romney.

He isn't ideal, but he beats the hell out of McCain or Obama.

Taco John
07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't see how Romney beats Obama. Seems like saying "hold the fried potatoes, I want mashed potatoes." You're still getting ****ing potatoes, they just look a little different.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Mitt Romney isn't even polling ahead of Obama in his home state. Saul just spews mental masterbation for himself.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't see how Romney beats Obama. Seems like saying "hold the fried potatoes, I want mashed potatoes." You're still getting ****ing potatoes, they just look a little different.

He may not beat Obama, but if he can't, nobody can.

It basically works like this (not exactly, but it's pretty close). Score the candidates on the issues, multiply their score by their chance of winning, and see who the best choice is. Just for illustrative purposes, I'm going to assign scores somewhat randomly:

Issues
Romney: 70
Paul: 90
Palin: 60
Bachmann: 75
Saul Good: 100

Chance of winning
Romney: 50%
Paul: 10%
Palin: 25%
Bachmann: 33%
Saul Good: 0%

Total score
Romney: 35
Paul: 9
Palin: 15
Bachmann: 25
Saul Good: 0

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Mitt Romney isn't even polling ahead of Obama in his home state. Saul just spews mental masterbation for himself.

Great point. Any good Republican should be able to wax Obama in Mass. After all, they have voted for exactly one Republican since 1956.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I would give you the same advice I game to sprayer (that he largely ignored). If the general public is at position "A", and you want to prove to them that position "Z" is correct, you can't just start chanting "Z" and call everyone who are at positions "A" through "X" idiots. You first have to walk them from "B" to "Y". Then, "Z" doesn't seem so crazy.

Well Geez! I did enough of that last time and there still were no takers.

Besides, Paul has done that as well. In fact he said he had no plans to put people out on the street and abolish the welfare-state during his presidency because it took a long time to get to where we are. Last election, his plans were only to bring the govt back to year 2000—and that gets called "crazy?" It's a mischaracterization.

BTW when did Paul call someone an idiot? Or I?

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 04:55 PM

People are leaving Massachusetts too. Last I read, per surveys, they don't plan on returning as life is better in their new state.

Taco John
07-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I think Ron Paul is a lot more dangerous (to win the nomination) than many would like to acknowledge. People are forgetting that Barry Goldwater has already paved the way for a campaign like Paul's. There's a lot of history there for the Paul campaign to learn from towards winning the Republican nomination. Whatever anyone wants to say about his chances past that, it's very conceivable that Paul could make a serious run for the nomination. In fact, it's very conceivable that Paul could shape and dominate the debate given the fact that the national dialogue has turned to every conceivable issue in the Ron Paul Wheel House.

Mitt Romney looks a lot like Barack Obama when compared and contrasted to Ron Paul. It will look more and more so as the two enter debates on how we should handle the economy.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 04:59 PM
That's a pretty definitive claim. So far, two polls show that Paul would carry the Indies and trails Obama the least amount out of the R candidates. Granted that is at 7% behind and another saying it would be a dead-heat.

Think that has anything to do with the foreign policy of Republicans like you? You bet it does.

The reason you see so many new Rs considering running is because the GOP wants to water down any support Paul could get. They do things like that. They shut down or changed rules at the last minute in two primaries last time; refused to count votes in one. GOP of Texas redistricted him to lose.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Mitt Romney looks a lot like Barack Obama when compared and contrasted to Ron Paul. It will look more and more so as the two enter debates on how we should handle the economy.

Unless he talks the talk. He's been stealing lines, as are others, from Ron Paul already. He'll do none it though, he just knows how to sell himself.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:09 PM
I think Ron Paul is a lot more dangerous (to win the nomination) than many would like to acknowledge. People are forgetting that Barry Goldwater has already paved the way for a campaign like Paul's. There's a lot of history there for the Paul campaign to learn from towards winning the Republican nomination. Whatever anyone wants to say about his chances past that, it's very conceivable that Paul could make a serious run for the nomination. In fact, it's very conceivable that Paul could shape and dominate the debate given the fact that the national dialogue has turned to every conceivable issue in the Ron Paul Wheel House.

Not if he keeps pushing for the war on drugs and how we got OBL. He's actually a horrible politican. Theres no doubt Rand will compete and have a much better chance for the nomination.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Not if he keeps pushing for the war on drugs and how we got OBL. He's actually a horrible politican. Theres no doubt Rand will compete and have a much better chance for the nomination.

Yeah, I'd prefer he stay on issues most concern currently. Unfortunately, the moderators and anchors save these questions just for him at the debates or on the news.

orange
07-18-2011, 05:13 PM
In fact, it's very conceivable that Paul could shape and dominate the debate given the fact that the national dialogue has turned to every conceivable issue in the Ron Paul Wheel House.

But it wouldn't stay that way. If Paul inched up toward the top, every debate and every Sunday show is going to be about legalizing heroin and bringing back the gold standard. You can't hide from positions like that. Just like Cain is discovering he can't hide from being an anti-Muslim bigot.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:14 PM
He should just re-direct those questions to the economy for example:

The heroin question my response would have been " We have double digit unemployment, record spending and folks who haven't seen an increase in wages in years and you want to discuss Heroin?!"

On the OBL question he should remind people he voted to go after Bin Laden and had we done it his was he would have been captured 10 years ago.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:16 PM
But it wouldn't stay that way. If Paul inched up toward the top, every debate and every Sunday show is going to be about legalizing heroin and bringing back the gold standard. You can't hide from positions like that. Just like Cain is discovering he can't hide from being an anti-Muslim bigot.

The gold standard isn't a winning issue but it's not a losing one either. Hell even Bachmann and Gingrich have talked about it.

orange
07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Hell even Bachmann and Gingrich have talked about it.

You really want to hang your hat on those two? I'll give you a moment to come to your senses.

Taco John
07-18-2011, 05:20 PM

It basically works like this (not exactly, but it's pretty close). Score the candidates on the issues, multiply their score by their chance of winning, and see who the best choice is. Just for illustrative purposes, I'm going to assign scores somewhat randomly:

Issues
Romney: 70
Paul: 90
Palin: 60
Bachmann: 75
Saul Good: 100

Chance of winning
Romney: 50%
Paul: 10%
Palin: 25%
Bachmann: 33%
Saul Good: 0%

Total score
Romney: 35
Paul: 9
Palin: 15
Bachmann: 25
Saul Good: 0

With due respect, I think you have it wrong. I think you are greatly overestimating Mitt's chances, greatly underestimating Bachmann's chances, and greatly underestimating Paul's impact and how it affects these two.

The only edge that Mitt has is the same edge that Guiliani had going into the race last year: enamored by the establishment (i.e. media). That edge evaporates over the long campaign. Mitt isn't going to pick up the Huckabee voters (not even with Huck's endorsement - A significantly large percentage of Huck voters simply will not vote for a Mormon, period; that's how they're wired, and it isn't changing). Those voters will be split between Paul and Bachmann (with Bachmann probably pulling in the lionshare, but Paul pulling enough to affect the outcome. That puts Michelle just about even with Mitt. Then you look against the field, everyone is competing for the McCain/Palin voters, with Palin being a serious wildcard. I don't even think the media quite understands what a wildcard Palin is. They seem baffled by her actions, but she's basically a Republican kingmaker right now. I believe that whoever she endorses will win the nomination. And if I were to make a prediction, it's that her endorsement will come within 6 weeks of New Hampshire (unless I've got her completely misread, which I don't believe I do).

You heard it here first: the race will come down to Mitt, Bachmann, Paul with Palin being the final deciding factor.

I don't think Gingrich will be anything other than an amusing sideshow which will actually help Paul and Bachmann out.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:20 PM
You really want to hang your hat on those two? I'll give you a moment to come to your senses.

They are considered main stream Republicans no? Gingrich by no means is a dumbass.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 05:25 PM
He should just re-direct those questions to the economy for example:

The heroin question my response would have been " We have double digit unemployment, record spending and folks who haven't seen an increase in wages in years and you want to discuss Heroin?!"

On the OBL question he should remind people he voted to go after Bin Laden and had we done it his was he would have been captured 10 years ago.

I'd also say it's not a federal issue or presidential issue although ending the war on drugs would need some involvement there. Then leave the laws to the states on what will be allowed.

orange
07-18-2011, 05:25 PM
They are considered main stream Republicans no? Gingrich by no means is a dumbass.

Bachmann is by no means "main stream." She's the Tea Bag Queen. And Gingrich ("It is a national imperative to oppose Gaddafi... what's that? Obama is intervening? ... It is a national sellout to oppose Gaddafi...") is desperate and flailing, grasping at anything. His campaign may not last the month.

Taco John
07-18-2011, 05:28 PM

Ron Paul is a terrible politician who makes up for it by being a powerful icon. Long after his death, Ron Paul will have a following, and will thus be affecting the national debate for years to come.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Bachmann is by no means "main stream." She's the Tea Bag Queen. And Gingrich ("It is a national imperative to oppose Gaddafi... what's that? Obama is intervening? ... It is a national sellout to oppose Gaddafi...") is desperate and flailing, grasping at anything. His campaign may not last the month.

Newt isn't the greatest politician but the man is certainly an intellectual.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Ron Paul is a terrible politician who makes up for it by being a powerful icon. Long after his death, Ron Paul will have a following, and will thus be affecting the national debate for years to come.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. I certainly look up to Ron Paul and he changed the way I look at a lot of things but someone is going to have to carry the movement next time around and if a guy like Romney wins the movement is pretty much done.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 05:41 PM

Except she really is NOT the Tea Party. Hate to disappoint you but she isn't. She's attracted the hijackers of the Tea Party who are more mainstream than the real thing. How can someone who prosecuted US citizens on taxes for the IRS ever be considered a true Tea Partier?

What is so great about "mainstream" anyways? No one is happy.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Saul comparing politics to NBA is just further proof Americans treat politics like sports. It explains why the country is ****ed and why we get such pieces of shits running it.

Just curious, I think it's a fair question---

How come you don't live in Texas, in Ron Paul's district?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Just curious, I think it's a fair question---

How come you don't live in Texas, in Ron Paul's district?

Because all of my family, friends, and job are here. Why do you ask?

Quickie
07-18-2011, 05:54 PM

The back-up QB is always the most popular guy on the team. As long as he sit's on the bench, doing absolutely nothing, every INT and every punt, his popularity grows and grows and...

Taco John
I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

Not at all.

I certainly look up to Ron Paul and he changed the way I look at a lot of things but someone is going to have to carry the movement next time around and if a guy like Romney wins the movement is pretty much done.

No offense, but I believe you are missing quite a bit of perspective. The movement that Ron Paul started, which has been his life's work, has already installed the heir apparent into the Senate. Whatever happens to Ron Paul whether he wins or loses, the movement has a lightning rod in Rand Paul, and through the work of Ron Paul himself, has a literal and virtual library of guidance for the decades to come. Ron Paul has dedicated himself to the libertarian ideal his entire life, and has written tomes of thought for just about any question you could ever ask a politician.

Like any icon, Ron Paul will not be truly and fully appreciated until after he's passed on.

Quickie
Because all of my family, friends, and job are here. Why do you ask?

You live in southeast Texas?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 05:58 PM
You live in southeast Texas?

No I live in the Kansas City area.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 06:01 PM
No I live in the Kansas City area.

Who is your representative?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Who is your representative?

Yoder.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Yoder.

OK. Compare Yoder's track record to Paul's; not rhetoric (because anybody could talk a good game, that's why we have that idiot in the WH now), but actual accomplishments.

Then I'd like you to make a case for why Ron Paul should be president and not Yoder.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 06:08 PM
OK. Compare Yoder's track record to Paul's; not rhetoric (because anybody could talk a good game, that's why we have that idiot in the WH now), but actual accomplishments.

Then I'd like you to make a case for why Ron Paul should be president and not Yoder.

Oh yeah, we've already heard this nonsense angle before. What were Obama's?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 06:13 PM

If you're getting at how he's never had a bill signed into law you're correct but so what?

Lets start off

The big one would be experience. Paul's been elected to congress 11 times Yoder is just a freshmen.

We can look at bills Paul has passed in the house HR 1207 which was the audit the fed bill got every Republican to co-sponsor and over 100 Democrats. Not even president Obama has been able to get that kind of bipartisan support.

He's introduced various bills for tax cuts that would benefit everyone and grow business.

His speeches on the floor have shifted the debate from wars to how the economy is ran.

It's really hard to say what Yoders done since he just took over in January.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah, we've already heard this nonsense angle before. What were Obama's?

He didn't have any. Great point.

What are Paul's?

I mean, I have no doubt if Oprah endorsed Paul he's be a shoo-in, but I do have doubts he'd do anything different than the shit we've had to grow accustomed to in the last twenty years.

Perhaps you can show me something tangible that will convince me otherwise?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 06:16 PM
I disagree with your view on rhetoric btw. He talked about all this stuff happening to the economy before it started. Not everyone in Washington has shown the knowledge Paul has. This is something thats missing in Washington along with integrity.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 06:18 PM

Obviously, you don't want to be convinced. Your mind is made up.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 06:23 PM
This is too easy. LMAO

If you're getting at how he's never had a bill signed into law you're correct but so what?

Just like Obama. Check.

The big one would be experience. Paul's been elected to congress 11 times

So what?

How many times has Maxine Waters been re-elected? Geez, you really want to go there?

We can look at bills Paul has passed in the house HR 1207 which was the audit the fed bill got every Republican to co-sponsor and over 100 Democrats. Not even president Obama has been able to get that kind of bipartisan support

LMAO

Wow, I bet if you compare any congressman's bipartisan vote record to Obama it would be a slam dunk. That doesn't mean crap.

He's introduced various bills for tax cuts that would benefit everyone and grow business.

That's awesome. But none got passed so we don't have anything tangible---------- AGAIN.

How convenient.

His speeches on the floor have shifted the debate from wars to how the economy is ran.

Right. He does alot of talking. Just like Obama.

For every 1000 idiots who love to hear Obama talk, there is one of you.

Paul can't win a state. OK? He can't even win a Texas primary.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Yea Paul is EXACTLY like Obama. ROFL

So now bills signed into law are a good barometer for who'd make a good president? ROFL

Taco John
07-18-2011, 06:30 PM
He didn't have any. Great point.

What are Paul's?

I mean, I have no doubt if Oprah endorsed Paul he's be a shoo-in, but I do have doubts he'd do anything different than the shit we've had to grow accustomed to in the last twenty years.

There's no way for anyone to show you otherwise. Just as there was no way for anti-war people to know that Obama would escalate the wars, and even add a third one in Libya when they voted for him. But I can assure you that a Ron Paul presidency would look very different than a Mitt or an Obama presidency - both of which would be a lot more similar than either of them would be to a Paul presidency.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 06:37 PM
LMAO
LMAO

Who are you an alt of? Patteeu or orange?

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 06:38 PM

I can't imagine either of them using a mult.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Ron Paul = Obama - Oprah's approval.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 06:39 PM

Meh! It was the smileys so I suspected orange first. But then it sounded like pat's spiel.

Quickie
07-18-2011, 06:40 PM
But I can assure you that a Ron Paul presidency would look very different than a Mitt or an Obama presidency

Assurance doesn't get me very far.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Meh! It was the smileys so I suspected orange first. But then it sounded like pat's spiel.

There's an obvious suspect, but it just can't be him, can it? Can it?

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 06:43 PM

We'll never know.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Good thing Paul will never be endorsed by Tom Ca$h

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 06:50 PM
We'll never know.

I wouldn't say that.

If it is who I think it is, it's a new and improved version. I just hope it keeps up. He's always had the ability. As Dick Vermeil would say, it's time to take the diapers off.

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 06:52 PM

That wouldn't have been my guess, but it might make more sense. I'm terrible at the mult guessing game, though.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't say that.

If it is who I think it is, it's a new and improved version. I just hope it keeps up. He's always had the ability. As Dick Vermeil would say, it's time to take the diapers off.

Speaking of taking the diapers off.... Who was the guy that ran that mock CP election that cried like a bitch when he lost? LMAO

Saul Good
07-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Speaking of taking the diapers off.... Who was the guy that ran that mock CP election that cried like a bitch when he lost? LMAO

No idea. Are you talking about the douche contest?

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't say that.

I have to disagree with you here. He's clearly trolling in here with the mocking and laughing smilies. Not a lot of substance. Just — what did the govt do for you?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
No idea. Are you talking about the douche contest?

Hmm im thinking it had to do with some guy named Cronus? It was around the time of the 08 election.

BucEyedPea
07-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Hmm im thinking it had to do with some guy named Cronus? It was around the time of the 08 election.

Oh, that was Logical. It doesn't sound like Logical/Cronus to me. He was intelligent.

Taco John
07-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Assurance doesn't get me very far.

Then I would challenge you to do some research. Watch the speeches. Go back and watch the past debates. Read his works - he's written a lot of books on his views of how government should operate.

The Revolution: A Manifesto (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537527/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311051485&sr=8-3)
End the Fed (http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/B004IEA4DM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1311051485&sr=8-4)
Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom (http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Defined-Essential-Issues-Freedom/dp/145550145X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311051485&sr=8-1)
A Foriegn Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship (http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Policy-Freedom-Commerce-Friendship/dp/0912453001/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1311051485&sr=8-5)
Pillars of Prosperity (http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Prosperity-Ron-Paul/dp/1933550244/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1311051485&sr=8-6)

Start with any one of them. It's easy, thoughtful reading. Ron Paul outlines exactly how he would govern - he's put himself out there more than probably any candidate in the history of campaigning by detailing point-by-point, issue-by-issue solutions for governance. Until you are fully familiar with his philosophical outlook about how government should operate, I don't know how you can so boldly doubt his sincerity and follow-through. I don't see how anyone who is actually familiar with his body of work could doubt his authenticity.

RNR
07-19-2011, 09:38 AM
My son is going to vote for Paul and we disagree. Paul is 76 years old and is unelectable. IMO a vote for him is a vote for Barry as most all who do will be from the conservative side. I will spend my vote on whoever has the best chance to unseat the embarrassment of a president we have now~

SNR
07-19-2011, 01:08 PM
IMO a vote for him is a vote for Barry as most all who do will be from the conservative side. What? Are you talking about the November 2012 election? There's no way Paul goes the 3rd party route.

Until then, it's a primary. Vote for whomever you want to win.

RNR
07-19-2011, 01:59 PM
What? Are you talking about the November 2012 election? There's no way Paul goes the 3rd party route.Until then, it's a primary. Vote for whomever you want to win.

That is the only way he is on the ticket in Nov 2012. I do not think there is a chance in hell he wins the republican nomination~

BucEyedPea
07-19-2011, 02:45 PM
That is the only way he is on the ticket in Nov 2012. I do not think there is a chance in hell he wins the republican nomination~

If everyone who is voting in the R primary just stops thinking like this he'd win and there'd be some real change. Otherwise it is a vote for no real change from the left:

• Perry, the most Bush II and connected to a host of the most murderous of NeoCons like Doug Feith, who will follow the most internationally hawkish side of the GOP foreign policy divide and who killed the TSA bill in Texas and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• Fedster and Big Bank Bailout Cain and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• RINO Romney who will NOT defund Obamacare

• RINO Pawlenty and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• Gingrich another Perry and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare; will likely got to war with Iran

• Big Bank Bailout and Kill all Muslims for Moses Palin and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• Former IRS tax harrassing citizens lawyer, Kill all Muslims for Moses, drugged/hospitalized for stress headaches Bachmann BUT who is most likely to defund Obamacare.

If you desire a return to Bush Junior then I can understand your vote. I seek true change and a restoration of America to free-markets, less govt, sound money, peace and prosperity. The latter of which cannot come from endless war. The wars have nothing to do with freedom.

If Paul does run Third Party and divide the vote with Obama winning then all those who did not vote for the real Republican deserve what they get for not insisting on a real Republican candidate. Paul is everything the Reagan rhetoric claimed but who actually would do more for advancing that than anyone.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-19-2011, 02:47 PM
If everyone who is voting in the R primary just stops thinking like this he'd win and there'd be some real change. Otherwise it is a vote for no real change from the left:

• Perry, the most Bush II and connected to a host of the most murderous of NeoCons like Doug Feith, who will follow the most internationally hawkish side of the GOP foreign policy divide and who killed the TSA bill in Texas and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• Fedster and Big Bank Bailout Cain and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• RINO Romney who will NOT defund Obamacare

• RINO Pawlenty and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• Gingrich another Perry and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare; will likely got to war with

• Big Bank Bailout and Kill all Muslims for Moses Palin and who is unlikely to NOT defund Obamacare

• Former IRS tax harrassing citizens lawyer, Kill all Muslims for Moses, drugged/hospitalized for stress headaches Bachmann BUT who is most likely to defund Obamacare.

If you desire a return to Bush Junior then I can understand your vote. I seek true change and a restoration of America to free-markets, less govt, sound money, peace and prosperity. The latter of which cannot come from endless war. The wars have nothing to do with freedom.

Honest and Well done.

Chocolate Hog
07-19-2011, 02:48 PM
My son is going to vote for Paul and we disagree. Paul is 76 years old and is unelectable. IMO a vote for him is a vote for Barry as most all who do will be from the conservative side. I will spend my vote on whoever has the best chance to unseat the embarrassment of a president we have now~

This is idiotic. If you use polling as your compass on who to vote for thats stupid. Anyway Paul polls 2nd best out of all Republicans vs Obama.

RNR
07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
This is idiotic. If you use polling as your compass on who to vote for thats stupid. Anyway Paul polls 2nd best out of all Republicans vs Obama.

What is idiotic is thinking a man who will be 77 years old by the time he would run against Barry, and is not electable is going to represent the republican party to begin with. Would you care to make a wager on it?

SNR
07-19-2011, 03:26 PM
That is the only way he is on the ticket in Nov 2012. I do not think there is a chance in hell he wins the republican nomination~I don't care if it's the only way to cure cancer. He's not doing it. He'll refuse.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
What is idiotic is thinking a man who will be 77 years old by the time he would run against Barry, and is not electable is going to represent the republican party to begin with. Would you care to make a wager on it?

Mubarak, our staunch ally, governed through his 70's and early eighties.

Quickie
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Name one state Ron Paul ever won in the primaries.

MahiMike
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Love that guy. Wish America wasn't so stupid to see how brilliant he is. If only he looked like Sarah Palin...

Quickie
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Love that guy. Wish America wasn't so stupid to see how brilliant he is. If only he looked like Sarah Palin...

So...

you fell in love with a politician, and you're angry because alot of people didnt?

Hey, Manson got chicks to carve up a pregnant woman and write shit on the walls with her blood.

Why couldn't everybody else see that helter skelter was coming down fast? Stupid people.

Jaric
07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
So...

you fell in love with a politician, and you're angry because alot of people didnt?

Hey, Manson got chicks to carve up a pregnant woman and write shit on the walls with her blood.

Why couldn't everybody else see that helter skelter was coming down fast? Stupid people.

So what you're saying...is...

Ron Paul wants us to carve up the Beatles? I must have missed that part of the ad.

Jaric
07-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Of course it wasn't ORANGE. Nothing was bolded and there wasn't a link to a Huffington Post article.

o:-)

BucEyedPea
07-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Of course it wasn't ORANGE. Nothing was bolded and there wasn't a link to a Huffington Post article.

o:-)

I am starting to think this new guy is Crapper. Orange wouldn't be using "moonbat."

BucEyedPea
07-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Name one state Ron Paul ever won in the primaries.

The same amount as Bachmann and the rest of them.

He was only in one primary before.

SNR
07-19-2011, 05:22 PM
I am starting to think this new guy is Crapper.Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Chocolate Hog
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM

No i'm not betting on it but I will bet you Obama defeats Romney and it won't even be close. If you can't take Paul seriously because his radical views how can you take Romney seriously for his lack of views?

orange
07-19-2011, 05:40 PM

et al...

I don't know how I even got into this theorizing. Saul Good had it right long ago:

... at least in my case.

The one thing I will forever remember from Sunday School:

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
Gonna let it shine
Oh, shine
Gonna let it shine
There's a little light inside us all

Quickie
07-19-2011, 05:44 PM
How come Ron Paul never ran for senator in Texas?

orange
07-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I think they're both back, frankly. There are multiple "new" guys - and look at what I can do: Tom Cash

SNR
07-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I think they're both back, frankly. There are multiple "new" guys - and look at what I can do: Tom CashIs this like in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? If you say Tom's name, that means he can find you

|Zach|
07-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Is this like in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? If you say Tom's name, that means he can find you

And sue you. ;)

SNR
07-19-2011, 06:03 PM
And sue you. ;)Any ideas about what happened to the owl delivering your legal papers?

orange
07-19-2011, 06:03 PM
It means T0m C@sh can go back into the inkwell pixelwell where it belongs.

Quickie
07-19-2011, 06:08 PM
How come Ron Paul never ran for governor?

Chocolate Hog
07-19-2011, 06:10 PM
I bet it was 1 of Oranges friends from the Huffington post

Quickie
07-19-2011, 06:21 PM

How come Ron Paul never ran for senator or governor?

SNR
07-19-2011, 06:22 PM
How come Ron Paul never ran for senator or governor?Do you have an answer?

Quickie
07-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Do you have an answer?

Hey, I like what Ron Paul says.

But he's a politician.

Jaric
07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I think they're both back, frankly. There are multiple "new" guys - and look at what I can do: Tom Cash

And at least one is apparently gone already.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2011, 06:56 PM

:LOL:

SNR
07-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey, I like what Ron Paul says.

But he's a politician.Sure. But I don't know why he never chose to run for a higher office (besides president of course).

Do you have a theory?

BucEyedPea
07-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Ron Paul receives the most military donations, again

Here's the breakdown:

Cain - $6223

Romney - $5000

Bachmann - $2550

Newt - $1025

Pawlenty - $250

Santorum - $250

Johnson - $0

Total GOP (excluding Ron Paul) - $15298.00

Paul - $36739.79

Obama - $28833.99

BucEyedPea
07-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Oops! Forgot the link!

CA Independent Voter Network
http://caivn.org/article/2011/07/19/ron-paul-receives-most-military-donations-again

Taco John
07-20-2011, 04:51 PM
How come Ron Paul never ran for senator or governor?

Paul has felt he could be most effective in advancing the ideas of liberty from his post in the House, and the house is where the budget is set. If his primary ambition was to be president, then being a governor would have been a route to take, but this would put his house post in jeopardy, and losing both would be unacceptable.

Chocolate Hog
07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Paul has felt he could be most effective in advancing the ideas of liberty from his post in the House, and the house is where the budget is set. If his primary ambition was to be president, then being a governor would have been a route to take, but this would put his house post in jeopardy, and losing both would be unacceptable.

Paul ran for senate in the 80's and lost to Phil Gramm.

|Zach|
07-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Any ideas about what happened to the owl delivering your legal papers?

http://greatstartups.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/message-in-a-bottle211.jpg