PDA

View Full Version : Obama Interesting Contrast. Christy and the propoganda minister Carney

HonestChieffan
07-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Leaders lead. Unless you are Obama according to his handlers....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/christie-debt-talks-obama-has-failed-lead_577156.html

New Jersey governor Chris Christie had a message for congressional Republicans and Democrats today: A pox on both your houses.

"The Republicans and Democrats should get in a room and stay in the room until they fix it," Christie said. "Instead, they seem to be sloganeering at each other.... And it's not helpful. And it's really, I think, starting to wear on the American people. It's time for them to stand up, and go in, and be adults and fix the problem."

Christie's criticism of President Obama was more pointed. "You're elected executive to lead. And I think it's incumbent on the president to put the plan out there," Christie said. "You cannot wait for members of a legislative body to lead," he continued. "The executive has an obligation to lead."

Christie said Obama needs to produce a detailed plan and did not comment on any of the various proposals that have been floated in D.C. "I can't comment on the deal because I can't figure out from morning to morning what the hell the deal is," he said. "All you're hearing are rumors that are reported in the press or on the web."

While Christie has insisted he won't run for president, one could easily imagine that the messy resolution of the debt ceiling negotiations could provide the perfect opening for Christie to say "Enough!" and take his anti-Washington, anti-Obama, pro-leadership message to the voters.

And here from the horses ass:

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/272230/jay-carney-leadership-not-proposing-plan

White House press secretary Jay Carney argues, with a straight face, that leadership means waiting for House and Senate negotiators to come up with a plan:

TAPPER: OK. The House is passing something that many observers feel would never pass the Senate and the president has said he would veto. The Senate is passing ó the McConnell-Reid plan, itís not clear that that could pass the House. The Gang of Seven plan, itís not clear that that could pass the House. Would this not be an opportune time for a president to lead and say, this ó

CARNEY: Leadership is not proposing a plan for the sake of having it voted up or down, and likely voted down because it is ó look, you know how this town works and how Congress works. If an individual, whether Democrat or Republican leader, steps forward and says, this is my plan and solely my plan, it makes it a lot harder for that plan to be the basis for a bipartisan compromise. The way to reach a bipartisan compromise is in bipartisan negotiations where a plan emerges that is the product of that negotiation and is supported by Republicans and Democrats and then presented. Otherwise, your chances of actually achieving something diminish greatly.

CoMoChief
07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Obama couldn't run a lemonade stand if he had to...what makes ppl think he can come up with some deficit plan?

Chiefshrink
07-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Obama couldn't run a lemonade stand if he had to...what makes ppl think he can come up with some deficit plan?

Hell he thinks there are 57 states:thumb:

Jaric
07-20-2011, 07:11 AM
"The Republicans and Democrats should get in a room and stay in the room until they fix it," Christie said. "Instead, they seem to be sloganeering at each other.... And it's not helpful. And it's really, I think, starting to wear on the American people. It's time for them to stand up, and go in, and be adults and fix the problem."
unpossible.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Seriously, it's not all that complicated. Most of us do it every fucking day. It's called LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS.

You know, if Bob Dole found out he was going to run a household deficit, Bob Dole would eliminate satellite TV, internet, home landline phone, turn up the thermostat in the summer and turn it down in the winter, mow his own yard, drink less beer, buy more generic groceries, eat ground beef instead of...oh wait, Bob Dole can't afford a fucking ribeye any more.

Seriously. JUST STOP FUCKING SPENDING MONEY on useless and/or failed fucking social experiments. Force the fuckers on the government dole to reduce THEIR fucking spending the way the rest of us working stiffs have to. Stop giving away free cell phones and get them an $11 landline for their Section 8 housing. Give them food VOUCHERS (ala WIC) instead of free reign to spend their $600+ a month (double Bob Dole's food budget, btw) on whatever food they want.

Reign in some of the bullshit social safety net crap first, and Bob Dole would bet the 45% of us who still work for a goddamned living would be a lot more supportive of change.

blaise
07-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Seriously, it's not all that complicated. Most of us do it every ****ing day. It's called LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS.

You know, if Bob Dole found out he was going to run a household deficit, Bob Dole would eliminate satellite TV, internet, home landline phone, turn up the thermostat in the summer and turn it down in the winter, mow his own yard, drink less beer, buy more generic groceries, eat ground beef instead of...oh wait, Bob Dole can't afford a ****ing ribeye any more.

Seriously. JUST STOP ****ING SPENDING MONEY on useless and/or failed ****ing social experiments. Force the ****ers on the government dole to reduce THEIR ****ing spending the way the rest of us working stiffs have to. Stop giving away free cell phones and get them an $11 landline for their Section 8 housing. Give them food VOUCHERS (ala WIC) instead of free reign to spend their $600+ a month (double Bob Dole's food budget, btw) on whatever food they want.

Reign in some of the bullshit social safety net crap first, and Bob Dole would bet the 45% of us who still work for a goddamned living would be a lot more supportive of change.

I would say most people actually don't do that.

Saul Good
07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Seriously, it's not all that complicated. Most of us do it every ****ing day. It's called LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS.

You know, if Bob Dole found out he was going to run a household deficit, Bob Dole would eliminate satellite TV, internet, home landline phone, turn up the thermostat in the summer and turn it down in the winter, mow his own yard, drink less beer, buy more generic groceries, eat ground beef instead of...oh wait, Bob Dole can't afford a ****ing ribeye any more.

Seriously. JUST STOP ****ING SPENDING MONEY on useless and/or failed ****ing social experiments. Force the ****ers on the government dole to reduce THEIR ****ing spending the way the rest of us working stiffs have to. Stop giving away free cell phones and get them an $11 landline for their Section 8 housing. Give them food VOUCHERS (ala WIC) instead of free reign to spend their $600+ a month (double Bob Dole's food budget, btw) on whatever food they want.

Bob Dole should run for President....oh, wait...never mind.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I would say most people actually don't do that.

A misplaced sense of entitlement does not make it acceptable behavior, and continuing to enable that behavior on the backs of the responsible segment of the society is leading us down the path to destruction.

Bob Dole wants leaders who have the backbone to stand up and say enough is enough. Put your fucking hands back in your own goddamned pockets instead of holding it out expecting shit from everyone else. You don't have a RIGHT to everything that everyone else has...you have a RIGHT to PURSUE those things, and that right of pursuit ends short of the people who have WORKED for those things handing you yours for free.

You want nicer housing, work for it. You want a new television, cut some other expenses and SAVE for one. You want a cell phone, get a fucking job. You want to eat ribeyes this Saturday, get off your ass and mow a fucking yard for someone who's working too many fucking hours supporting your ass to do it themselves.

HonestChieffan
07-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Bob Dole says much wisdom.

Jaric
07-20-2011, 09:29 AM

http://mlkshk.com/r/1M8

Jaric
07-20-2011, 09:30 AM
A misplaced sense of entitlement does not make it acceptable behavior, and continuing to enable that behavior on the backs of the responsible segment of the society is leading us down the path to destruction.

Bob Dole wants leaders who have the backbone to stand up and say enough is enough. Put your ****ing hands back in your own goddamned pockets instead of holding it out expecting shit from everyone else. You don't have a RIGHT to everything that everyone else has...you have a RIGHT to PURSUE those things, and that right of pursuit ends short of the people who have WORKED for those things handing you yours for free.

You want nicer housing, work for it. You want a new television, cut some other expenses and SAVE for one. You want a cell phone, get a ****ing job. You want to eat ribeyes this Saturday, get off your ass and mow a ****ing yard for someone who's working too many ****ing hours supporting your ass to do it themselves.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/200b2dfdec.gif

notorious
07-20-2011, 09:31 AM

Mother Fucking DC Post Of The Year

ChiTown
07-20-2011, 09:41 AM

Bob Dole wants leaders who have the backbone to stand up and say enough is enough. Put your ****ing hands back in your own goddamned pockets instead of holding it out expecting shit from everyone else. You don't have a RIGHT to everything that everyone else has...you have a RIGHT to PURSUE those things, and that right of pursuit ends short of the people who have WORKED for those things handing you yours for free.

You want nicer housing, work for it. You want a new television, cut some other expenses and SAVE for one. You want a cell phone, get a ****ing job. You want to eat ribeyes this Saturday, get off your ass and mow a ****ing yard for someone who's working too many ****ing hours supporting your ass to do it themselves.

Awesome

I posted this in Buck's "I live with my Mom thread" but I believe it belongs here too.

I've been both lucky and good in my career, and I know one thing for sure: You won't ever get your life to where you want it, until you: a.) take ownership of everything you do and b.) you stop being comfortable (ie, EDIT FOR THIS THREAD: GTFO(ff) the Government tit).

mikey23545
07-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Hell he thinks there are 57 states:thumb:

I bet we could balance the budget by cutting off all federal funding to 7 of the 57 states.

blaise
07-20-2011, 09:51 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it should be acceptable, I'm just saying most people live beyond their means.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Bob Dole says much wisdom.

Unfortunately, to get those sort of people elected, there's going to have to be some changes to the system we use to elect people. It appears that de Tocqueville got it right...

As long as the people accepting the handouts get a vote, they're going to check the box next to the candidate that promises them they'll continue to get their handouts. The only way to stop the downward spiral is to implement a system that ensures that non-contributors have ZERO say in how the contributions are allocated.

We accept those parameters daily in our regular lives. Parents with 3 kids don't typically give the children an equal "vote" in what kind of transportation or housing the family buys. Yet somehow when this same concept gets applied to the government's spending of tax revenues, any suggestion that the "kids" not get a vote is classified as distasteful (or worse).

RaiderH8r
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it should be acceptable, I'm just saying most people live beyond their means.

And they need to be summarily pimp slapped back to reality.

I see kids in the free lunch line at school wearing $120 shoes and yapping on their cell phones...and they're fat asses to boot. Tha f is that all about?

I support making people pay something, anything, for every single service they receive. Nothing is free. Ever. Nor should it be. Those who receive free goods at the expense of others are either thieves or slave masters.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 10:21 AM
If anyone is lost on the de Tocqueville reference...

"A majority taken collectively is only an individual, whose opinions, and frequently whose interests, are opposed to those of another individual, who is styled a minority. If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."

You can read all of chapter 15 at http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/DETOC/1_ch15.htm

vailpass
07-20-2011, 10:36 AM

This is racist. And why do you hate poor people?/every lefty on this board

stevieray
07-20-2011, 11:12 AM

..my oldest finally got her car registered. she had the money in the past, but blew it on clothes, etc. we refused to cover for her. I asked today if it was worth the wait, and did she wish she would've used the money she had earlier...regardless, she bought the car, paid for all repairs and rims/tires all by herself. she found a job after graduation and pays for her own insurance.

pretty proud of her.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 11:14 AM
This is racist. And why do you hate poor people?/every lefty on this board

Hate? Hell, I envy the poor bastards.

Bob Dole sure as hell doesn't get 52 weeks of paid vacation every year and a monthly stipend for food and housing.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 11:16 AM
..my oldest finally got her car registered. she had the money in the past, but blew it on clothes, etc. we refused to cover for her. I asked today if it was worth the wait, and did she wish she would've used the money she had earlier...regardless, she bought the car, paid for all repairs and rims/tires all by herself. she found a job after graduation and pays for her own insurance.

pretty proud of her.

:thumb:

You and the missus are a dying breed, brother.

RaiderH8r
07-20-2011, 11:19 AM

Bob Dole sure as hell doesn't get 52 weeks of paid vacation every year and a monthly stipend for food and housing.

I too drink the Haterade. 99 weeks of unemployment and not a job for one.

We incentivize the hell out of being a deadbeat.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 11:21 AM
And they need to be summarily pimp slapped back to reality.

I see kids in the free lunch line at school wearing $120 shoes and yapping on their cell phones...and they're fat asses to boot. Tha f is that all about?

I support making people pay something, anything, for every single service they receive. Nothing is free. Ever. Nor should it be. Those who receive free goods at the expense of others are either thieves or slave masters.

Bob Dole would wager that there's not a municipality in the country that doesn't have potholes that need filled, medians that need tended, parks that need mowed, litter that needs collected, windows that need washed, floors that need mopped, curbs that need painted, shrubs that need trimmed, flower beds that need planted, etc. All of these things require little intelligence and limited physical abilities. Bob Dole isn't even convinced that it would displace any existing municipal employees, as the workers need to be transported and supervised.

"You want a check? Here's your yellow vest, safety goggles, hard hat and gloves. Payday is the 1st of the month."

stevieray
07-20-2011, 11:24 AM
:thumb:

You and the missus are a dying breed, brother.

we moved. got rid of cable.( netflix) got rid of the landline. eliminated the trash, sewer and gas bill...

lowered our cost of living...for a nicer house. it can be done.

...the Senator is right, living out of your means is a recipe for diaster.

vailpass
07-20-2011, 11:30 AM

No but you can look yourself in the mirror each morning and sleep well each night.

dirk digler
07-20-2011, 11:32 AM

pretty proud of her.

My daughter turned 16 8 months ago, I gave her my old car as a present. It wouldn't have gotten much in trade\sell. But I made her get a job to pay for the monthly insurance and she is responsible for all of her gas, oil changes, and repairs. She also pays for her own cell phone bill and clothes. She even takes us out to dinner and movies somtimes.

Put hey I am just a stupid socialist liberal....

vailpass
07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
we moved. got rid of cable.( netflix) got rid of the landline. eliminated the trash, sewer and gas bill...

lowered our cost of living...for a nicer house. it can be done.

...the Senator is right, living out of your means is a recipe for diaster.

Good on you.
When I was a kid my dad told me "just because you can spend it does not mean you can afford it. When you want to buy something always figure out which category it falls into first."

Basic stuff no?

stevieray
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Good on you.
When I was a kid my dad told me "just because you can spend it does not mean you can afford it. When you want to buy something always figure out which category it falls into first."

Basic stuff no?

...bought my first schwinn varsity ten speed with money I saved over the summer from being a golf caddy...I was thirteen.

...one hundred and forty one dollar bills. I don't think I spent a dime in three months. I wanted that bike soooo bad.

I'll never forget the feeling of walking that bike out of the store and taking off like a bandit.

stevieray
07-20-2011, 11:44 AM
My daughter turned 16 8 months ago, I gave her my old car as a present. It wouldn't have gotten much in trade\sell. But I made her get a job to pay for the monthly insurance and she is responsible for all of her gas, oil changes, and repairs. She also pays for her own cell phone bill and clothes. She even takes us out to dinner and movies somtimes.

stories are supposed to have happy endings...;)

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 11:51 AM
On the bright side, our district's State Representative was actually in his local office today from 10-12. It's his first day in the office since being elected. Yesterday morning they had 2 people come out and place reserved parking signs on 4 spaces for him. Money well spent, since there are at least 250 empty parking spaces in the lot on any given day. (We're in the process of shutting down the campus and there are fewer than 50 employees and the only students are ones who are lost...)

dirk digler
07-20-2011, 11:59 AM
stories are supposed to have happy endings...;)

LMAO

mlyonsd
07-20-2011, 12:11 PM
She even takes us out to dinner and movies somtimes.

Whoa...taking charity from your 16 year old daughter? Man you are extreme.

RaiderH8r
07-20-2011, 12:11 PM

It's like Social Security that way.

dirk digler
07-20-2011, 12:36 PM

See hear I thought I was doing the responsible thing and now you want me to pay her way.

mlyonsd
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM
See hear I thought I was doing the responsible thing and now you want me to pay her way.j/k of course. Didn't think I needed to add the ;) with you.