PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues A Step in the right direction. Love the UN cut.

HonestChieffan
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Take away the cookies.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2015669018_apususforeignaid.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — A House panel on Wednesday pushed ahead on a bill to block U.S. assistance to Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Yemen and the Palestinian Authority unless the Obama administration reassures Congress that they are cooperating in the war on terrorism.

The Republican-drafted measure was a direct challenge to President Barack Obama as members of the GOP majority sought to limit his foreign policy authority, slash U.S. contributions to international organizations and reverse policies on abortion. Overall, the bill would cut $6.4 billion from Obama’s request of $51 billion for the State Department and foreign operations in the next budget.

Frustrated with Pakistan’s effort in the terror war, the bill would bar civilian and security aid to Islamabad unless the secretary of state can certify to Congress that it is pursuing terrorists and helping the U.S. investigate how Osama bin Laden managed to live unscathed deep inside Pakistan.

The panel also voted 23-17 to cut the U.S. contribution to the United Nations by 25 percent.

The U.S. is the largest single contributor to the U.N., responsible for 22 percent of the U.N.’s regular budget and 27 percent of the money for peacekeeping operations. The Obama administration is seeking $3.54 billion for the United Nations and other international agencies, and peacekeeping efforts in the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1.

Under the sweeping bill, aid to the Palestinian Authority would be contingent on the secretary certifying that no member of Hamas or any other terrorist organization was serving in a policy position. The two rival Palestinian leaderships – the secular Fatah and the Islamist Hamas – reconciled and are trying to form a new government. Israel and the U.S. both consider Hamas a terrorist organization.

The Obama administration has requested some $550 million in aid for the Palestinian Authority.

Assistance for Egypt would be based on whether its new government “is not directly or indirectly controlled by a foreign terrorist organization.” The bill would also direct the administration to reassure Congress that Egypt is searching out and destroying any smuggling network and tunnels between the country and the Gaza strip.

Israeli and American officials fear that Hamas is moving weapons and militants into the Palestinian territory through tunnels along the Gaza border.

Aid to Lebanon would be contingent on the secretary certifying to Congress that no member of Hezbollah is in a policy position. In fact, members of the group are part of the government.

Aid to Yemen would be based on the administration reassuring Congress that no terrorist organization is part of the government.

Bob Dole
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
The Republican-drafted measure was a direct challenge to President Barack Obama as members of the GOP majority sought to limit his foreign policy authority, slash U.S. contributions to international organizations and reverse policies on abortion.

Because, you know, abortion is directly related to foreign policy.

Bob Dole hates this fucking circus government more every day.

HonestChieffan
07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
The Republican-drafted measure was a direct challenge to President Barack Obama as members of the GOP majority sought to limit his foreign policy authority, slash U.S. contributions to international organizations and reverse policies on abortion.

Bob Dole hates this ****ing circus government more every day.

I believe this is related to US Money paying for abortions in other countries not with the domestic abortion abortion.

Chief Roundup
07-20-2011, 02:29 PM

They have to get something for thier own personal agenda or they won't vote. They act like a bunch of little kids.

stevieray
07-20-2011, 02:35 PM
...first thing Obama did was send 200 million overseas for abortions.

mlyonsd
07-20-2011, 02:39 PM

It's our new Kill'em over there policy.

Jaric
07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I have a suggestion, why don't we not only stop giving money to middle eastern countries, why don't we stop bombing them and bring all our troops back home and let them go back to killing each other.

That should save a shit ton of money.

Jaric
07-20-2011, 02:41 PM
...first thing Obama did was send 200 million overseas for abortions.

It was cheaper than paying to feed, cloth, educate, and shelter them until they are adults, and then bomb them.

:shrug:

jiveturkey
07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I have a suggestion, why don't we not only stop giving money to middle eastern countries, why don't we stop bombing them and bring all our troops back home and let them go back to killing each other.

That should save a shit ton of money.
So you support 64th trimester abortions?

SNR
07-20-2011, 04:03 PM
So you support 64th trimester abortions?I don't think I'm even 64 trimesters old

Jaric
07-20-2011, 04:06 PM
So you support 64th trimester abortions?

Yes. I also hate Freedom.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-20-2011, 10:31 PM
I just wanted to know if I had to be a grand dragon, or just a regular member to post in here.

SNR
07-22-2011, 01:07 AM
I just wanted to know if I had to be a grand dragon, or just a regular member to post in here.Depends. Do you have a membership card? You need a Chiefsplanet DC membership if you want to post here

Donger
07-22-2011, 08:56 AM

Wait, what? Abortions?

patteeu
07-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Wait, what? Abortions?

See post #3.

vailpass
07-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to know if I had to be a grand dragon, or just a regular member to post in here.

Keep this shit up and you'll continue to be a red dragon.