PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama ready to take a short term out?

HonestChieffan
07-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Washington (CNN) President Barack Obama will meet at 2:50 p.m. Wednesday with Democratic leaders in the House and Senate, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.

President Obama would agree to a short-term extension of the federal debt ceiling, something he has steadfastly opposed until now, if there is agreement on a significant deficit reduction plan by Democrats and Republicans that needs more time to be passed by Congress, Carney said.

FD
07-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Interesting. Until now he had adamantly opposed GOP demands for a short term deal. My interpretation is that this comes from the new bipartisan support for the Gang of Six plan, which could pass but is currently too vague to be passed into law and needs some work.

Amnorix
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Think that's right. What's really critical here, however, is that we not default. If there is a well-developed framework of a plan in place, then a short term increase seems reasonable.

No doubt the right will cry about flip-flopping or something ridiculous, but whatever.

Calcountry
07-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Think that's right. What's really critical here, however, is that we not default. If there is a well-developed framework of a plan in place, then a short term increase seems reasonable.

No doubt the right will cry about flip-flopping or something ridiculous, but whatever.Do you know how worried I am about them defaulting? None. I sleep like a baby every night. This is Kabookie theater.

They use to do this shit regularly in the 70's and 80's. It's the biggest phughing juke ever. They will raise it, they always have, they always will. How can a country default when they can just print more of the shit?

Hmm, I owe you Seasoned Citizens 600 bux, no problem. "Hey Timmy!", credit Helen's account for 600!"

Then the shit gets credited, the fed debits their sheet and bam, there is 600 more bucks in the economy. Liquidity has been increased, quantitative easing has happened. What? We are running up against an arbitrary number that will be less than the sum of all the shit we printed? No problem, just invent a new number. Done. Simple.

It is legal process, set in place by legislature in the past. The R's are using it to their parliamentary advantage to reign in this spendthrift who is trying his level best to debauch our currency.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Seriously man...you need a life. But I will say, you do have this whole "copy and paste" thing down.....so easy, a right wing nut job lunatic can do it.

BucEyedPea
07-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Seriously man...you need a life. But I will say, you do have this whole "copy and paste" thing down.....so easy, a right wing nut job lunatic can do it.

Plenty on the left have done it too. You might check out the posts of orange. Just because you weren't here when the left dominated here, doesn't mean some on both sides don't do it.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Plenty on the left have done it too. Just because you weren't here when they dominated doesn't mean some on both sides do it.

Then you do agree honestlystupid is a nut job addicted to copying and pasting ?

BucEyedPea
07-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Then you do agree honestlystupid is a nut job addicted to copying and pasting ?

Suit yourself but I notice you can't refute, parse or argue to anything either.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Suit yourself but I notice you can't refute, parse or argue to anything either.

So I fit in here ...GREAT! :thumb:

headsnap
07-20-2011, 10:30 PM
So I fit in here ...GREAT! :thumb:

nope, a troll is all that you are...

you won't last long, your schtick has already gotten old and at 22 total posts that's quite an accomplishment! :thumb:

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-20-2011, 10:41 PM
nope, a troll is all that you are...

you won't last long, your schtick has already gotten old and at 22 total posts that's quite an accomplishment! :thumb:

Unless you're a Chiefs fan...then YOU'RE the troll

headsnap
07-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Unless you're a Chiefs fan...then YOU'RE the troll

you don't know sh!t about this board... TROLL....

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-20-2011, 10:44 PM
you don't know sh!t about this board... TROLL....

uh oh...some one just got butt hurt!...did I strike a nerve?!!!

( P.S I can see your veins popping right now )

alnorth
07-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Obama ready to take a short term out?

No. Some of the stupid and/or lazy media is hammering this angle. If congress suddenly embraces the gang of 6 plan and we have written proof that a majority of congress supports it, they do not have enough time to write the legislative language, get it out of committee, pass it, get it reconciliated when one house inevitably has a slightly different version, and pass it again. There's just not enough time to do it, EVEN IF everyone agrees the gang of 6 compromise is the best thing since sliced bread.

Obama basically said, if there's a strong reason to believe a deal is imminent, that he'll go for a few day extension. If the house balks and makes it clear they wont pass this deal, then we're back to no temporary extensions and August 2nd being a real deadline.

headsnap
07-20-2011, 10:47 PM
uh oh...some one just got butt hurt!...did I strike a nerve?!!!

( P.S I can see your veins popping right now )

cool, you can see COLOR and DETAIL!!!

you must be on Google ∞...

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-20-2011, 10:50 PM
cool, you can see COLOR and DETAIL!!!

you must be on Google ∞...

Angry old man...angry old man...angry old man...angry old man...angry old man...

headsnap
07-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Angry old man...angry old man...angry old man...angry old man...angry old man...

LMAO