PDA

View Full Version : Obama obama Tied With Romney in Polls?

vailpass
07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
President Barack Obama's approval rating has held steady in the past three months, settling at just under 47 percent, according to a Gallup poll released Thursday morning.

The president's average approval numbers from mid-April to mid-July were below 50 percent for the sixth straight quarter.

Of the last eight presidents that Gallup has tallied quarterly averages for, Obama falls on the lower end of the spectrum.

Only Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter had lower approval numbers at this stage in their presidency. Reagan, of course, was reelected, with his numbers bouncing up 10 percent by April of 1984, from about 44 percent of Americans approving of his presidency to a 54 percent approval rating.

Carter's approval numbers looked the worst of the eight during his 10th quarter as president: 31 percent. Those numbers eventually improved to 48 percent by April of 1980, but it was not enough to get him another term.

It can go the other way, too. At the same point in his presidency, George H.W. Bush's Gallup approval numbers topped 73 percent, only to decline by more than 30 points over the next nine months on the way to defeat at the hands of Bill Clinton.

In its conclusion, Gallup found that the president's static approval numbers have not yet indicated a trajectory for Obama's performance in 2012. However, on Wednesday, a report by Public Policy Polling showed the president in a virtual tie with current GOP front-runner Mitt Romney, according to numbers based on voter preferences leading up to the 2012 election. PPP reported it was the first time in a year that Obama did not lead Romney.
The Arizona Republic is a member of the Politico Network.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/02/01/20110201obama-gallup-poll-approval-47-percent-politico.html#ixzz1SmVHKXrw

ROYC75
07-21-2011, 06:13 PM
How dare you, you are a shameful act, putting up poll #'s to scare the Liberals.

|Zach|
07-21-2011, 06:16 PM
How dare you, you are a shameful act, putting up poll #'s to scare the Liberals.

What?

This is a legit poll that comes to an absolutely reasonable conclusion by a legit source.

Feel free to create this liberal boogie man all you want. You play the victim well. It suits you.

ROYC75
07-21-2011, 06:52 PM
What?

This is a legit poll that comes to an absolutely reasonable conclusion by a legit source.

Feel free to create this liberal boogie man all you want. You play the victim well. It suits you.

LMAO

You missed it by a mile.

|Zach|
07-21-2011, 06:54 PM
LMAO

You missed it by a mile.

What did I miss by a mile? I have no qualms with this thread and your attempt to equate the thread you made with this is just laziness.

vailpass
07-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I didn't realize Romney was the clear GOP front runner?

Donger
07-22-2011, 11:57 AM

I wonder how that will change when/if Perry declares?

vailpass
07-22-2011, 12:00 PM

Is there a date-certain by which candidates must declare? I'd like to see the GOP get their act together behind one solid candidate (preferably one without tits) and start to gain traction for 2012.

jiveturkey
07-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I wonder how that will change when/if Perry declares?It seem like more and more dirt is coming out regarding Perry. If he declares he'll likely start off strong then fade as people learn about him.

Romney's been through the ringer already and probably has more staying power near the top of the heap.

headsnap
07-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Is there a date-certain by which candidates must declare? I'd like to see the GOP get their act together behind one solid candidate (preferably one without tits) and start to gain traction for 2012.

What do you have against Chris Christie...

BucEyedPea
07-22-2011, 12:36 PM

Perry supports the Drug War, loves the corrupt Fed and therefore crony capitalism, war wars, forced HPV vaccination on girls which created another market for crony Merck and Co., helped to defeat the TSA bill while pretending to be appalled by them, and is owned by corrupt men like Feith. He's much worse than Romney but only slightly so. Just another Tory Whig running against American principals of limited govt and free-markets.

Another BIG govt Republican who will talk the talk but who won't walk the walk.

BucEyedPea
07-22-2011, 12:37 PM

Well, he is on the GW bandwagon for one.

headsnap
07-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, he is on the GW bandwagon for one.

well, I guess that one went over your head....

vailpass
07-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Does Christie wear a bro?

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 01:10 PM

He's edging RP 38% to 6%.

vailpass
07-22-2011, 01:13 PM

LMAO Poking the Paulites is always good clean fun.

Radar Chief
07-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Does Christie wear a bro?

A.k.a. "manzier".

BucEyedPea
07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
LMAO Poking the Paulites is always good clean fun.

Pokey BIG Govt Rs is fun too! Despite Romney's lead, you need to know that the quality of that lead is tepid with a lot of bought support. It's not full of strong supporters unless you refer to the corporate-crony-Whig donors. Remember Rude-y had a lead last time and yet McCain overtook him. I say we'll see.

BucEyedPea
07-22-2011, 01:35 PM

Who cares? Not I. I don't vote like this is a horse-race. I like being independent minded instead of with the mob.

BucEyedPea
07-22-2011, 01:36 PM
well, I guess that one went over your head....

Guess so. Care to help me out? ;)