PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Ron Paul "We Don't Have To Cut Medicare Or Social Security To Get Our House In Order"

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 08:46 PM
<script language="javascript">var VideoID = "15807"; var Width = 425; var Height = 344;</script><script src="http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/hdplayer/rt.php" language="javascript"></script>

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Ron Paul = Fail...no need to watch the video.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Ron Paul = Fail...no need to watch the video.

I'm sure the CP public will take your idea into consideration. LMAO

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that I think Ron Paul is fucking fantastic. He is completely unelectable as far as being a candidate for POTUS, but he is fantastic.

I just wish his supporters weren't such lunatics (No offense, KC. You're a great poster, and I'm sure I'd like you personally, but you're a lunatic.)

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-22-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm sure the CP public will take your idea into consideration. LMAO

Its like you try...but you fail...but you still try, so I have to :clap: for you.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Its like you try...but you fail...but you still try, so I have to :clap: for you.

You've got 120 posts in less than a week. Show me one that would make an objective observer think, "this guy's pretty bright".

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that I think Ron Paul is ****ing fantastic. He is completely unelectable as far as being a candidate for POTUS, but he is fantastic.

I just wish his supporters weren't such lunatics (No offense, KC. You're a great poster, and I'm sure I'd like you personally, but you're a lunatic.)

Something about this post doesn't pass the sanity check, it's like saying i hate your guts but the rest of ya is alright.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-22-2011, 09:20 PM
You've got 120 posts in less than a week. Show me one that would make an objective observer think, "this guy's pretty bright".

Yet you still take the time to quote me ? Loser!

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 09:22 PM
(blank)

I liked you better a couple of weeks ago when you posted quality stuff like this.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Something about this post doesn't pass the sanity check, it's like saying i hate your guts but the rest of ya is alright.

I don't hate your guts at all. If I had a list of posters that I liked, you would absolutely be on it. Your views come across as a little crazy, but I like your sincerity. A lot of times, there is the perspective of the right, the perspective of the left, and nothing else. You're a wildcard, but it's cool. I honestly enjoy your takes even if I don't always agree with or even understand them.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I liked you better a couple of weeks ago when you posted quality stuff like this.

Not everyone one can copy and paste like you :thumb: Some of us have to actually TYPE out original ideas and concepts. Also, thank you for taking the time to quote me...makes me feel special, and makes you look dumb for quoting the "dumb guy."

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Not everyone one can copy and paste like you :thumb: Some of us have to actually TYPE out original ideas and concepts. Also, thank you for taking the time to quote me...makes me feel special, and makes you look dumb for quoting the "dumb guy."

I fairly certain you are "Special" and just for you i shall copy/paste your stuff right below this line.

Not everyone one can copy and paste like you :thumb: Some of us have to actually TYPE out original ideas and concepts. Also, thank you for taking the time to quote me...makes me feel special, and makes you look dumb for quoting the "dumb guy.

This is your night Thatguy you are somebody!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qRP7BElCQS0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qRP7BElCQS0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't hate your guts at all. If I had a list of posters that I liked, you would absolutely be on it. Your views come across as a little crazy, but I like your sincerity. A lot of times, there is the perspective of the right, the perspective of the left, and nothing else. You're a wildcard, but it's cool. I honestly enjoy your takes even if I don't always agree with or even understand them.

I appreciate that, but i was referring to your views on the future Potus Ron Paul.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-22-2011, 09:38 PM
I fairly certain you are "Special" and just for you i shall copy/paste your stuff right below this line.

Not everyone one can copy and paste like you :thumb: Some of us have to actually TYPE out original ideas and concepts. Also, thank you for taking the time to quote me...makes me feel special, and makes you look dumb for quoting the "dumb guy.

This is your night Thatguy you are somebody!

"Why cant we be friends...why cant we be friends....why cant we be friiieends"

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-22-2011, 09:39 PM
I appreciate that, but i was referring to your views on the future Potus Ron Paul.

Failure all over this post.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 09:43 PM

I honestly think he's been vindicated for nearly all of his positions from 2008. It just doesn't change the fact that he's selling a great product that nobody is buying. If I could anoint the POTUS, he might get the nod. He'd certainly get it over Romney. That said, he doesn't stand a chance in hell, so I prefer to rally around someone with a chance at putting a merciful end to the Obama experiment.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 09:49 PM
I honestly think he's been vindicated for nearly all of his positions from 2008. It just doesn't change the fact that he's selling a great product that nobody is buying. If I could anoint the POTUS, he might get the nod. He'd certainly get it over Romney. That said, he doesn't stand a chance in hell, so I prefer to rally around someone with a chance at putting a merciful end to the Obama experiment.

This is the exact reason he can't be elected, everyone assumes he has no chance even though they claim to like him. Time to take the leap of faith and join the crazies to elect Ron Paul. What good would it do to get behind say a Romney when he wouldn't change much from what Obama is doing? Just to say a Republican is in office? That isn't good enough this time around, we need to do the right things to move this country onward and upward.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 09:55 PM
This is the exact reason he can't be elected, everyone assumes he has no chance even though they claim to like him. Time to take the leap of faith and join the crazies to elect Ron Paul. What good would it do to get behind say a Romney when he wouldn't change much from what Obama is doing? Just to say a Republican is in office? That isn't good enough this time around, we need to do the right things to move this country onward and upward.

That's a cop-out. RP supporters tried to peddle that line in 2008, and it just wasn't true. There is something bizarre about Paulistas that blind them to reality. You aren't looking in a funhouse mirror. That mirror is straight as an arrow. No matter how much you wish it weren't true, you've got to trust your eyes.

Godspeed, Rand Paul. I wish you well.

I'm going to try to coin a line right now (although I'm sure someone has thought of it before). "The dollar is mightier than the sword". That should be the Ron/Rand Paul campaign slogan.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2011, 10:02 PM

You do realize there are only small difference between Romney and Obama right?

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 10:04 PM

They look/talk differently but the end result is the same.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 10:04 PM

In what way?

Also, admit you were wrong in the other thread...

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 10:08 PM
That's a cop-out. RP supporters tried to peddle that line in 2008, and it just wasn't true. There is something bizarre about Paulistas that blind them to reality. You aren't looking in a funhouse mirror. That mirror is straight as an arrow. No matter how much you wish it weren't true, you've got to trust your eyes.

Godspeed, Rand Paul. I wish you well.

I'm going to try to coin a line right now (although I'm sure someone has thought of it before). "The dollar is mightier than the sword". That should be the Ron/Rand Paul campaign slogan.

I do trust my eyes and my nose and I told everyone Obama was a fake and phoney even from the leftist perspective and not one Obummer supporter could see it. He says one thing and does another. He won a Nobel Peace Prize only to start at least 2 new wars(that we know of), and continue the two he promised to end.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 10:09 PM
I do trust my eyes and my nose and I told everyone Obama was a fake and phoney even from the leftist perspective and not one Obummer supporter could see it. He says one thing and does another. He won a Nobel Peace Prize only to start at least 2 new wars(that we know of), and continue the two he promised to end.

That's like saying that you knew the sun was hot before you even touched the corona.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2011, 10:12 PM
In what way?

Also, admit you were wrong in the other thread...

I don't see where you got 16% out of 43-37.

We have to start be reforming the tax code and i've never heard Romney talk about serious reform. I'm talking about things like slashing the income tax to help growth.

I don't see Romney willing to make necessary cuts to things like defense or repealing Obamacare.

That's just a start.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't see where you got 16% out of 43-37.

We have to start be reforming the tax code and i've never heard Romney talk about serious reform. I'm talking about things like slashing the income tax to help growth.

I don't see Romney willing to make necessary cuts to things like defense or repealing Obamacare.

That's just a start.

6/37=.16216216216216216216216216216216216216216212

Beyond that, Paul's ideas are better than Romney's. They aren't particularly close. Paul wins in that arena. He just has absolutely no traction with voters. There's a reason that I liken to voting for Paul with voting for Saul. If you're going to vote for the guy who's views best mirror your own irrespective of his prospects for winning, you might as well write in your own name.

It's not going to happen. Pick a candidate that has a chance of winning. Short of that, vote for your longshot in the primaries, but don't burn down the tent if/when he loses.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2011, 10:22 PM
6/37=.16216216216216216216216216216216216216216212

Beyond that, Paul's ideas are better than Romney's. They aren't particularly close. Paul wins in that arena. He just has absolutely no traction with voters. There's a reason that I liken to voting for Paul with voting for Saul. If you're going to vote for the guy who's views best mirror your own irrespective of his prospects for winning, you might as well write in your own name.

It's not going to happen. Pick a candidate that has a chance of winning. Short of that, vote for your longshot in the primaries, but don't burn down the tent if/when he loses.

That's how I vote. The guy who has the best ideas not the guy who might win. How'd John McCain workout for ya? I'm glad I voted for Paul. Perhaps if you didn't want the tent to burn down you'd vote for the guy with the best idea. Theres a reason Republicans aren't that liked you know. They've had the same stale ideas for over 30 years now.

He's polling at 10% this time 4 years ago he wasn't even polling/ 1%. He's going to win the Iowa Straw poll which you can bash all you want but it must be taken seriously if guys like Tim Pawlenty are spending a million bucks for it.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2011, 10:23 PM
And BTW I would have probably voted for a guy like Huckabee had he won the nomination. While I don't agree with him on many things he seems like an honest man.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Huckabee is a fucking nut. McCain was a terrible nominee in the mold of Bob Dole, but I could hold my nose and vote for him. Huckabee is a caricature of everything liberals like to say the Republicans are.

Dave Lane
07-22-2011, 10:31 PM

There's things I like about Ron and Rand. They and myself and my father have things in common. Like that my father and I will never be president of the United States ever either.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 10:32 PM
There's things I like about Ron and Rand. They and myself and my father have things in common. Like that my father and I will never be president of the United States ever either.

You and your father are not running for Potus, big difference.

Dave Lane
While I don't agree with him on many things he seems like an honest man.

So was Adolf Hitler.

Chocolate Hog
Huckabee is a ****ing nut. McCain was a terrible nominee in the mold of Bob Dole, but I could hold my nose and vote for him. Huckabee is a caricature of everything liberals like to say the Republicans are.

He was a big proponent of the flat tax. I don't think its the answer but it's the step in the right direction. If I recall he was against the bailouts too. Mitt Romney was for them.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2011, 10:33 PM
So was Barack Obama.

Word

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 10:39 PM
He was a big proponent of the flat tax. I don't think its the answer but it's the step in the right direction. If I recall he was against the bailouts too. Mitt Romney was for them.

There are a lot of differences between you and me. One of them is this:

When a nutjob happens to share a lot of the same views as me, I distance myself from said nutjob. I recognize the damage that someone who does stupid shit in the name of good ideas can do to those ideas.

Flat tax is a good concept. In fact I would support a variant of a flat tax that incorporates a prebate and thus turns the flat tax into a hybrid flat/progressive tax. What I don't support is promoting an idiot who happens to support something with which I agree.

Both the message and the messenger are important. RP has a lot of good messages, but he's got a lot of terrible messengers.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2011, 10:42 PM
There are a lot of differences between you and me. One of them is this:

When a nutjob happens to share a lot of the same views as me, I distance myself from said nutjob. I recognize the damage that someone who does stupid shit in the name of good ideas can do to those ideas.

Flat tax is a good concept. In fact I would support a variant of a flat tax that incorporates a prebate and thus turns the flat tax into a hybrid flat/progressive tax. What I don't support is promoting an idiot who happens to support something with which I agree.

Both the message and the messenger are important. RP has a lot of good messages, but he's got a lot of terrible messengers.

Obama wasn't a so called "nutjob" and had some brilliant messangers. Hows that working on?

KILLER_CLOWN
07-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Definitely not a fan of the flat tax, It would utterly destroy the poor unless essentials were tax free.

Saul Good
07-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Obama wasn't a so called "nutjob" and had some brilliant messangers. Hows that working on?

He won. It doesn't make him a better POTUS, but it made him a better candidate.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2011, 10:46 PM
He won. It doesn't make him a better POTUS, but it made him a better candidate.

Unless you can see through the obvious bullshit. It really wasn't that hard to do.