PDA

View Full Version : Obama Palin sorta spanks the O

HonestChieffan
07-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Feisty ain't she.

After listening to the Presidentís press conference today, letís keep in mind the following:

This is the same president who proposed an absurdly irresponsible budget that would increase our debt by trillions of dollars, and whose party failed to even put forward a budget in over 800 days! This is the same president who is pushing our country to the brink because of his reckless spending on things like the nearly trillion dollar ďstimulusĒ boondoggle. This is the same president who ignored his own debt commissionís recommendations and demonized the voices of fiscal sanity who proposed responsible plans to reform our entitlement programs and rein in our dangerous debt trajectory. This is the same president who wanted to push through an increase in the debt ceiling that didnít include any cuts in government spending! This is the same president who wants to slam Americans with tax hikes to cover his reckless spending, but has threatened to veto a bill proposing a balanced budget amendment. This is the same president who hasnít put forward a responsible plan himself, but has rejected reasonable proposals that would tackle our debt. This is the same president who still refuses to understand that the American electorate rejected his big government agenda last November. As I said in Madison, Wisconsin, at the Tax Day Tea Party rally, ďWe donít want it. We canít afford it. And we are unwilling to pay for it.Ē

Now the President is outraged because the GOP House leadership called his bluff and ended discussions with him because they deemed him an obstruction to any real solution to the debt crisis.

He has been deemed a lame duck president. And he is angry now because he is being treated as such.

His foreign policy strategy has been described as ďleading from behind.Ē Well, thatís his domestic policy strategy as well. Why should he be surprised that heís been left behind in the negotiations when heís been leading from behind on this debt crisis?

Thank you, GOP House leaders. Please donít get wobbly on us now.

2012 canít come soon enough.

ó Sarah Palin

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150246675673435&comments

dirk digler
07-22-2011, 10:27 PM
God I hope she runs

Thatguy
07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Honestly HCF...do you ever post anything other then fringe, right wing news articles...

side note: Again, I must complement you on your copy and paste skills...really outstanding

HonestChieffan
07-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Honestly HCF...do you ever post anything other then fringe, right wing news articles...

side note: Again, I must complement you on your copy and paste skills...really outstanding

No.

banyon
07-23-2011, 08:06 AM
This is the same president who proposed an absurdly irresponsible ]budget that would increase our debt by trillions of dollars, and whose party failed to even put forward a budget in over 800 days! This is the same president who is pushing our country to the brink because of his reckless spending on things like the nearly trillion dollar ďstimulusĒ boondoggle. This is the same president who ignored his own debt commissionís recommendations and demonized the voices of fiscal sanity who proposed responsible plans to reform our entitlement programs and rein in our dangerous debt trajectory. This is the same president who wanted to push through an increase in the debt ceiling that didnít include any cuts in government spending! This is the same president who wants to slam Americans with tax hikes to cover his reckless spending, but has threatened to veto a bill proposing a balanced budget amendment. This is the same president who hasnít put forward a responsible plan himself, but has rejected reasonable proposals that would tackle our debt. This is the same president who still refuses to understand that the American electorate rejected his big government agenda last November. As I said in Madison, Wisconsin, at the Tax Day Tea Party rally, ďWe donít want it. We canít afford it. And we are unwilling to pay for it.Ē

Good Lord, this is as incoherent as one of BEP or Pete's rants in this forum. I started to number the inaccuracies in this statement but gave up at 5 when I realized it would take too long to do. This lady probably doesn't even know the difference between "deficit" and "debt", it is frightening anyone thinks she belongs in any position of public responsibility.

Radar Chief
07-23-2011, 08:07 AM

Do you ever post anything other than complaints about other board members?

mlyonsd
07-23-2011, 08:08 AM
God I hope she runsStay down.

HonestChieffan
07-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Good Lord, this is as incoherent as one of BEP or Pete's rants in this forum. I started to number the inaccuracies in this statement but gave up at 5 when I realized it would take too long to do. This lady probably doesn't even know the difference between "deficit" and "debt", it is frightening anyone thinks she belongs in any position of public responsibility.

Interesting. I agree she is a bit "on a roll" there but take each point one at a time....she is pretty close to right. What are the 5 points she is wrong on?

Radar Chief
07-23-2011, 08:11 AM
God I hope she runs

I'll take her over Obama. :shrug:
But thats not saying much, I'd take quite a bit over him right now.

banyon
07-23-2011, 09:03 AM
What are the 5 points she is wrong on?

1. This is the same president who proposed an absurdly irresponsible budget that would increase our debt by trillions of dollars.

Pretty misleading as it confuses deficit reduction and debt spending. No one, not even Boehner thinks we can simply "not increase our debt" at this point, that's why the debt ceiling has to be raised. The goal is long term structural deficit reduction. Even the republican's budget technically "increases our debt by trillions".

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/overview

Key Budget Facts

The Budget includes more than $1 trillion in deficit reduction – two-thirds of it from cuts -- and puts the nation on a path toward fiscal sustainability so that by the middle of the decade, the government will be paying for what it spends and debt will no longer be increasing as a share of the economy.

The President meets his pledge to cut the deficit he inherited in half by the end of his first term.

Five-year non-security discretionary spending freeze will reduce the deficit by over $400 billion over the next decade and bring this spending to the lowest level since President Eisenhower sat in the Oval Office.

10-year Deficit Reduction: $1.1 trillion, excluding war savings and not extending 2001 and 2003 tax cuts for high-income earners. Two-thirds are from spending cuts.

2011 Projected Deficit: $1.645 trillion, 10.9 percent of GDP; 2012 Projected Deficit: $1.101 trillion, 7.0 percent of GDP; 2015 Projected Deficit: $607 billion, 3.2 percent of GDP; 2017 Projected Deficit: $627 billion, 3.0 percent of GDP

So, yes, lowering the deficit and not immediately bringing it into surplus will mean an increase in the debt. Like I said, she doesn't understand.

2, and whose party failed to even put forward a budget in over 800 days!

Uh, no. a 2010, 2011, and 2012 budget were all "put forward", it's simply that the Republicans blocked them all and they had to work with concurring resolutions and agreements to extend funding.

The Budgets are all viewable here:

2010 (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy10/browse.html) 2011 (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy11/index.html) 2012 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Overview/)

Budget bills always start with the agencies who then submit proposals to the White House, who then accumulates them and submits them to the House of Representatives. In these cases, they were blocked in Committee or on the floor by Ms. Palin's party.

3. This is the same president who is pushing our country to the brink because of his reckless spending on things like the nearly trillion dollar “stimulus” boondoggle.

The 2009 Act was closer to $500 billion, not $1 trillion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009

$200 billion plus were tax cuts, not "spending".

Unless of course, she's somehow including the bank bailout Bush signed, which would be a different mistake.

4.This is the same president who ignored his own debt commission’s recommendations and demonized the voices of fiscal sanity who proposed responsible plans to reform our entitlement programs and rein in our dangerous debt trajectory.

Far from "demonizing" the Debt Commission's work, Obama actually claimed he was following it:

Today, I’m proposing a more balanced approach to achieve $4 trillion in deficit reduction over twelve years. It’s an approach that borrows from the recommendations of the bipartisan Fiscal Commission I appointed last year, and builds on the roughly $1 trillion in deficit reduction I already proposed in my 2012 budget.

http://www.politicalruminations.com/2011/04/transcriptpresident-obama-speech-on-fiscal-policy.html

I couldn't find anything remotely resembling "demonizing" it. Sounds like a BEP overreach label.

5. This is the same president who wanted to push through an increase in the debt ceiling that didn’t include any cuts in government spending!

I love people who make their arguments (and are supposed to be public figures) with exclamation points. That's a pretty big tell right there. It's completely unclear what proposal she's referring to here, as there aren't any proposals that don't involve spending cuts. Even the infamous Tim Geithner letter from January, which is the earliest proposal acknowledges the need for spending cuts. So pretty much it's an outright lie.

From Geithner's January 6 letter:

President Obama believes strongly in the need to restore balance to our fiscal position, and he is committed to working with both parties to put the Nation on a fiscally responsible path. This will require difficult choices and a comprehensive approach to reduce the gap between our commitments and our resources. It will require that the government spend less and spend more wisely. The President has already taken important steps, including enacting the savings in the Affordable Care Act; restoring Pay-As-You-Go budgeting; and undertaking a three-year freeze on non-security discretionary spending. The President’s proposals would put us on a path to cut the deficit by more than half in the medium term, and substantially reduce the rate of growth in federal health care costs in the long term.

http://www.treasury.gov/connect/blog/Pages/letter.aspx

And that was just the first 5/5 sentences. Not one sentence was accurate or non-distortive.

fan4ever
07-23-2011, 09:38 AM

Did you seriously injur yourself copying and pasting at one time? Or is it just hard to do when one of your hands is covered with hand lotion? Your obsession with copy and paste is quite curious and makes you look fairly moronic. Maybe that's your goal. If so, congrats.